RPG Regrets

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What are some storylines/character changes, etc. that you regret doing?

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

I sort of regret my own canon at times. I get so caught up in creating for myself that I've missed key chances to be apart of some of the most amazing storylines.

Avatar image for maxwell_hastings
Maxwell_Hastings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I regret having my meme garden locked tbh...it was a nice thread and it got taken away.

Yggdmillennia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regret ever making Contingency,Ultra Girl annnnd the scholar.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Shogun

Not battling Honor Avenger. Not challenging whoever was running the Liafador show (Zeon or Ziccarra) for position of Matriarch (allowed or not, Ivana would have taken a whack at it lol.) Not hunting down Brahma Bull and challenging him to a duel to the death for the position of Strigidae Zero. Not hunting down Charlemagne for one final battle to decide the destiny of mutant and human.

Avatar image for demonboundsitri
demonboundSitri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yggdmillennia:

Really? I thought you did some really cool things with Contingency. I never really knew the others much, but I thought Contingency had some good moments for sure.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably rebooting Thee Champion properly when I had the chance. With a new concept behind the character and everything. But I also really regret not attacking Venezuela with Satar. Satar always ambushed anyone he felt was an immediate threat e.g. Kelly when she was running for president because he felt she was the only candidate that posed an actual danger to his interests. He was planning on ambushing Abigail before she ambushed him, LOL. And honestly, there was no one Satar felt was more of a potential problem than Ivana. She was extremely skilled and had the resources of an entire nation of mutants at her disposal. He had intentions of claiming Gothic and the League of Shadows and using the city's gangland resources and the LoS to wage a guerrilla war against Venezuela. But I honestly should have just had him go to Venezuela and challenge Ivana for the throne. It'd have been pretty cool because if he lost, there's no better way of going out, and if he won, it might have set up a cool arc where perhaps Ivana and Abigail would work together to kill him or something.

Yggdmillennia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yggdmillennia

@demonboundsitri: I got a lot of criticism about the character as well as five dropped rps involving her, spent more time trying to get rps with her than was spent actually rping and most of the rps I did ended up doing weren't very satisfying.

The characters potential soured too early on for me to salvage it into something I'd truly enjoy later on, overall the investment of time did not meet the bare minimum of profit I expected.

In short, she tanked like the Avatar last airbender film.

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I regret that storyline with Cass.

I also regret doing the 'badly injured and in a wheelchair' then miraculously healed storyline... twice.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimmwald: If he won the "Satar, ruler of Venezuela" storylines could have been interesting too.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: It would have been interesting. Though I imagine if we swap Satar with Charlemagne, it would have been even more interesting if he won. I wish Charlemagne was kept around for longer.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimmwald: Charlemagne as the ruler would have been wild. I imagine there would have been an immediate civil war unless he impersonated a mutant or something.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13 Feral Nova  Moderator

I regret how CVnU Nova turned out

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: Impersonating a mutant is something I could see G doing, LOL. I imagine there'd probably be a lot of civil unrest if Satar won as well. Ivana was on-edge and brutal (because she had to be), but Satar was a mad war dog. I don't see a nation of mutants tolerating his bullshit for too long, LOL.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Hank_Galloway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I regret making RPG arrangements with others and failing to follow through; especially on my so called "return to RPGing."

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17 Feral Nova  Moderator

@shanana: LOL she was! I miss her so much T_T I’m just gonna nuke CVnU nova and start over :P

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimmwald: True lol. Especially because so many of the upper class were long term veterans of the mutant struggle who Ivana rewarded with positions in government. They fought too hard for their own country to see it ruined by Satar's madness. It would have been extremely interesting, that's for sure.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: He'd definitely fail at creating a proper support structure for himself in Venezuela. He rules through fear and brutality. And he'd never be able to create a culture of trust with anyone in Venezuela's government, especially if they learned that he's responsible for the death of his supposed ally/ancestor, Brahma Bull. In fact, I think Rafael would challenge Satar almost immediately if Ivana was defeated.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab8682ab2fc9
deactivated-5ab8682ab2fc9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• I regret Dark Knight's characterization during the second Shadow War Campaign.
  • Aside from when he was a Deadpool expy (and when he was originally a Roy Mustang expy), I regret the character of Jason McGrath.
  • Any Knightfall I've ever made.
  • Not doing more with Talvaran/Empire International after G let me have it.
  • Any and all ships I've ever attempted.
  • That time when King Aventus was Ezio Auditore.

I'm sure there's more, lol.

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andoran: What about your ships do you regret?

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimmwald: A good point about the challenge from Rafael; I can see that being a big problem for Satar. Satar was plenty powerful but Rafael was probably just out of his weight class.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: He was. Even with Satar's Gamma Effect powers, there was just no way. Rafael was too fast, too strong, too skilled. Satar would need prep, a luxury he wouldn't have if Rafael challenged him five seconds after a hard fought battle with Ivana.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: He was. Even with Satar's Gamma Effect powers, there was just no way. Rafael was too fast, too strong, too skilled. Satar would need prep, a luxury he wouldn't have if Rafael challenged him five seconds after a hard fought battle with Ivana.

Mmm, yeah that makes a big difference. It's one thing to take on a powerhouse after you have scouted him out a little, adjusted your gear, picked the battlefield and developed a strategy. It's a completely different ballgame when he jumps on you immediately after you finish a tough fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tessa_callahan: Without going too far into the cringeworthy details, the execution of them often felt forced to be honest.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Hawkshade

On the subject of ships I never set up a romance OOCly. If it happened, it happened but otherwise I just let things develop naturally. There probably were some ships that could have happened but I'm not sure if I really regret that they didn't. Hm.

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andoran: OH yeah, I feel that. A forced ship is no good at all.

I had a ship with a side character of mine, Andromeda, what was forced and I regret it.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: It would have been an interesting arc for sure. Kinda makes me wish Ivana, Satar and Charlemagne just happened to cross each other in a street or something, LOL.

Deicidium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regrets?

Not writing with Last Guardian. That's the only one I keep.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tessa_callahan: Agreed. Forced ships are more awkward then they are fun or interesting.

Piggybacking what LL just said, I think setting them up beforehand OOCly is also something I wanna avoid here on out. Next time I get an idea, it'll either be for an NPC or I'll just see what happens organically.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimmwald: All three of them try to rob the same bank in Gothic at the same time or something lol.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, without a doubt my biggest regret is that I didn't attack Avalon with Venezuela when Antonia was still around. That is regret number one.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Tessa_Callahan

On the subject of ships I never set up a romance OOCly. If it happened, it happened but otherwise I just let things develop naturally. There probably were some ships that could have happened but I'm not sure if I really regret that they didn't. Hm.

I have done this before and had some of my favorite ships come from it - Renegade and Aphasic.

I have tried to do this before and put time and energy into it and had it fail miserably before it even started because sometimes nothing beats organic starts - Rafael Romeiro and Natalia Dante.

And I have had organic starts, one of which is my favorite ship I've ever had - Mercy and Andres.

Which ships were you thinking of? I'm curious now.

@andoran said:

@tessa_callahan: Agreed. Forced ships are more awkward then they are fun or interesting.

Piggybacking what LL just said, I think setting them up beforehand OOCly is also something I wanna avoid here on out. Next time I get an idea, it'll either be for an NPC or I'll just see what happens organically.

Yeah my default now is just natural chemistry... not that I really do shipping anymore considering I have so many preexisting. I'm trying just in general to not overplan and go by the seat of my pants and let things develop organically, which is hard for me.

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I regret having Cass pregnant at the time of Ethan's death on one hand, and on the other one of my absolute favorite storylines came out of it, soooo.

Dominus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i regret not keeping focused on a lot of projects i was involved in. i could have done way more than i've done on cv if i didn't get so side tracked.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tessa_callahan: Honestly? I shipped street level Kelly and Abby as well as an evil powerhouse Kelly and Charlemagne.

Ivana I didn't really ship, it was rare for her to develop attachments to anyone beyond mild affection and an awareness of what they could do for the mutant cause.

Amaranth I didn't ship very much either because writing romance from that perspective is awkward for me but if I did ship him I would have shipped him with Duchess.

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: YESSSSSSSSS FALL INTO MY PIT OF SHIPPING. Honestly you and Zauby always have this x-factor to your writing (you have insane writing chemistry, one of the Vine's best pairings) that there are a lot of interactions between the two of you where I go yesssss now kiss.

I had a lowkey Ivana x Rafael ship.

AND YES I WOULD HAVE LOVED THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't they have a bit of a storyline together???

GoofTheFloof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I regret making flash

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly you and Zauby always have this x-factor to your writing (you have insane writing chemistry,

You aren't kidding. Me and Zaubs actually don't write much but when we do it is like volcanic fire straight from the heart of the earth.

Hahaha, yeah I get that. But honestly I just did that whole thing for the comedic value of a less than attractive woman and a very attractive man and because Ivana is a pretty shallow person when it comes to looks lol.

Yes they did. During the first Hellfire War Amaranth sided with Valerie against Alexandria. He actually killed her (she regenerated) and Andy both during that war.

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: You say that you don't write much and logically that makes sense, but my brain thinks you write CONSTANTLY because it always leaves such an impact when you actually do.

Also, Rafael is a weirdly earnest character? And I think that played into it.

That's what I remember!!!!!!!!! I loved that aspect of the storyline and honestly that would have been a FASCINATING ship to see explored.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ParagonxXx

I actually regret even creating some of my characters, such as Superion, Thunderstorm, Sentinel, among several others. They either get no play at all or very little because no one wants to play with them. >.<

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually regret even creating some of my characters, such as Superion, Thunderstorm, Sentinel, among several others. They either get no play at all or very little because no one wants to play with them. >.<

That sucks :-(

That said, I think that is probably the case for everyone. I've been here for a long time and out of dozens of characters 99% of my RP has come to four characters: LL, Kratesis, Amaranth and Ivana.

Musa_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

as well as an evil powerhouse Kelly and Charlemagne.

No Caption Provided
Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I regret not maining more characters and putting in extended, extensive, consistent work and activity with them.

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

as well as an evil powerhouse Kelly and Charlemagne.

No Caption Provided

MAKE IT HAPPEN

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: Out of those characters, LL is my favorite. ~_^

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#48 Icarusflies  Moderator

I really only regret the sheer number of RPs I've dropped over the years. In terms of stories I have some minor regrets, but honestly not many worth mentioning. Off the top of my head anyway.

Yggdmillennia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers