• 164 results
#51 Posted by Canuck (478 posts) - - Show Bio

@_glacier_: I find digging in with a character really help cement their position, like friendship and rivalry and all that. Just establish yourself!

#52 Edited by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio
#53 Posted by Canuck (478 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter said:
@canuck said:
@lichter said:

@orpheus_knightfall: Eh, witty retorts are cheap. They're what made the conversation thread boring.

It's painful how true this is.

Where were you when WDYCTATCAY was kill?

Probably on another thread XD I gave up posting in their a long time ago before it got the way it was.

#55 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio

@canuck said:
@lichter said:
@canuck said:
@lichter said:

@orpheus_knightfall: Eh, witty retorts are cheap. They're what made the conversation thread boring.

Probably on another thread XD I gave up posting in their a long time ago before it got the way it was.

It's improved a little. A while ago, it was just people being mean to each other and Backstabber being hilarious in between it all.

#56 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio
#57 Posted by Canuck (478 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter said:
@canuck said:
@lichter said:
@canuck said:
@lichter said:

It's improved a little. A while ago, it was just people being mean to each other and Backstabber being hilarious in between it all.

Good god do I miss that guy. A really original sense of humor.

#59 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio

@canuck said:
@lichter said:
@canuck said:
@lichter said:
@canuck said:
@lichter said:

Good god do I miss that guy. A really original sense of humor.

I think he said he'd be back, thankfully :)

#60 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio
#61 Posted by _Glacier_ (8729 posts) - - Show Bio
#62 Posted by Maverick_6 (10434 posts) - - Show Bio

@canuck:

Pft. Backstabber.

Backdtabber deserves his own thread. Away from the rest of the peasants. He is true king of comicvine.

#63 Posted by Maya_Liafador (5860 posts) - - Show Bio

hooly shiit. Reading through some of imperos posts from 5 years ago looking for feats , even back then his writing was top tier but oh my gooood the improvement.

Also I learned Thee Champ was a Nova archetype?

Yeppers

#65 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio
#66 Posted by Canuck (478 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Posted by Maverick_6 (10434 posts) - - Show Bio

@orpheus_knightfall:

"I drifted away from it. Ruined the mystique of Classic Orph for me tbh."

Its like this way for me and a lot of characters in actuality.

#69 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio

@orpheus_knightfall: Shootout buys the drink, Percival poisons it, and Lichter drops it to distract you while he steals your credit card info XD

#71 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio
#73 Posted by Lady_Liberty (10767 posts) - - Show Bio

Tenjin and Mercenary have been two of Ivana's toughest opponents ever, and are also two people she did not dispatch in close quarters battle. Here is an example of some of their work.

Tenjn

As the Strigidae spoke, Katsuro strangled the handle of his katana, his red eyes processing multitudes of information. Analyzing his foe; reading her body language, pulse and heart rate. He came to the conclusion, she truly believed what she had said. That they would die in this pit. The Solemn Soldier was honestly rather amused at the boldness of the Shogun. Though, boldness alone was not grounds for victory and speaking and doing where two entirely different matters. Draping the sling of his assault rifle over his shoulder, the Sensational Shinobi flung the rifle into the air, the momentum causing it gyre over his shoulder and behind him. Simultaneously, he slid the blade of his anti-metal katana into the flat space sheath quickly only to strike a strange pose. His hands came together, the right hand gripping his left horizontally while his vertical left raised his index and middle fingers while curling the others and the thumbs crossed one another. His legs straightened and were brought together causing the sewer water to rush up in small waves. Performing this Ninpo hand seal represented his clan, while bringing his mind into focus as he began to delve deep into a bizarre state of meditation his eyes opened and shifted over momentarily to lock eyes with his comrade. He understood, follow his lead.

As Clutch detonated the explosives turned shadow portals and begun his attack, Tenjin mumbled a series of incomprehensible mantras, demonized from Buddhism and Hinduism. There was no magic or secret art involved, simply a manner to gather himself psychologically and biologically. Preparation for carnal destruction. These dark whispers stopped, just as Clutch launched the sonic disruptor grenade, The Storm Waker's eyes opening, his crimson optics blazed with luminous intensity upon his pallid face. Yet, a spectral chill in the sewer caused his breath to be eerily visible as he spoke a single word "Death."

His rage converted into action, he broke from his ninjutsu stance and into a full sprint for a brief length of space before emitting his own personal Shadow Portal in front of him. Pitch black hands exploded at him, dozens of sets of fingers seemed to tempt with dark allure as he crashed into the ebon liquid. Another portal appeared several feet over Strigidae 23's person, inches from the top of the skull adorned tunnel just as the sonic detonations occurred. Then the Kyoto Killing machine descended head first from the portal like a Peregrine Falcon; the Human Hayabusa. His arms formed an 'X' formation as he reached above his shoulders and gripped the handles of his Vibranium ninjato, only to shoot his legs down into a front aerial halfway to his target. As his muscular body revolved, he unsheathed his swords after pressing mechanisms on the scabbards, a translucent film coated the blades. When Tenjin was right side-up, His arms still extended up and slightly backwards, brought the twin ninjato down parallel with one another towards Ivana in cleaver style fashion. Attempting to dismember her at the shoulders with his inhuman strength. All the while the necrotic concoction which laced the sword if they managed to break the skin to poison wounds. No matter if the attack connected, he skillfully jolted backwards, toes seemingly gliding across the murky water beneath them. He instantly re-sheathed one sword while shifting his hand posture into reverse grip with the other causing his sword to point down and with a quick spin of the handle in his hand the blade facing his opponent. His free hand was stretched open in full display as kunai connected to aircraft cable fell from a flat space holster on his vambrace. Just before the kunai struck the water, a short length of cable following, Katsuro latched onto the cable and prepared the projectile weapon known as the Dragon Dart for action.

His ebon locks still swaying from his momentum in front of his face, hiding the sinister smile upon it.

Mercenary

Unconcerned by the street smart but unable combatant with the bright yellow spandex's anticipated retreat, the Son of Siege didn't waste a morsel of his time on changing tactics, opting to instead focus his full force upon the remainder of the awkward duo in the form of the Last American Hero, Jefferson Pierce. Preparing to slice and dice the large bodied man and determine whether he would offer even an inkling of an appropriate challenge, the Mercenary spun around towards him, broadsword coiled like a viper and yearning release. Imagine his disappointment when his assault was disregarded entirely by a simple spurt of haste and evasion as a result of technologically beneficial attributes, the Daimyo of Destruction's regal weapon denied it's satiation. Noting his opponent's immediate orders to whatever defensive forces the President stored as back-up but countering the expected turn of events with an instantaneous sheathing of his blade and a sly chuckle, the Mercenary managed a single sentence before POW's colossal torrent of pure, incredible energy struck his mutant form.

"Things haven't gone wrong yet, in fact, it seems your friend is just about to seal the deal."

He barked out a single victorious laugh before the world turned black and he was sprawled on his back across the floor out in the courtyard once more, the entire front foyer eviscerated by the Electric Enforcer's ambitious assault, the Mercenary's once immaculate body lain bare and battered with naught but a few tatters of clothing upon his horrifically scarred form, seemingly defeated.

Seconds passed without any movement from the Son of Death, but as his twitching pinkie finger indicated, the monster was far from expelled. His cold eyes snapped open, only one of which functioned properly, and he sucked in a massive gust of oxygen as his entire being jump starting itself back into action, his charred skin visibly beginning to stir like candle wax and his bones emanating repulsive sounds as they got to rearranging themselves. The requested back-up arrived seconds later, surrounding the fallen assassin's form prepared to engage at the slightest sign of further resistance. No blood leaked from the mangled man's pulverized frame, one of the many mysteries he had been attributed with upon his tutelage with Death itself, and so after the minimum required amount of regeneration he brought his ugly bald head up a few inches, making eye contact with the two men sent to stop him, primarily the larger, authority wielding one. The Mercenary made an attempt at a smirk, achieving at best a crooked smile. His lips spread apart slowly and his hoarse voice croaked out a string of words, each laced with the brutal agony only a creature in his state would experience.

"Engage people with what they expect... It is... what they are able to discern... and confirms their projections."

A single convulsion shot through his form and his ribcage tore through his skin momentarily before diving back into his diaphragm, leaving a series of horrific gashes across his torso in it's wake. He took a moment to absorb the pain, both hands trembling, before he continued, straining to speak.

"It... settles them into predictable patterns... of response, occupying their minds..."

His entire right arm spun around suddenly, first in one direction, then another in quick succession, the discernible sounds of bones snap, crackle and popping like a bowl of cereal in their efforts to heal.

"Occu... Occupying their minds... While you wait for the extraordinary moment... That..."

The Mercenary's disgusting form began to rise in an attempt at sitting up, managing the feat at snails pace without alarming any of the surrounding reinforcements. Still he spoke, harmless in his current state.

"...That which they cannot anticipate."

He finished the quote off with a more convincing rendition of his signature smirk, the scarred flesh across his skull rippling like a sick pool of napalm.

#74 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio
#76 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
#77 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter:

Oh right, Jaden. I remember having lots of fun with that guy.

#78 Posted by Asmodeus_Prime (301 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect Azra.

For letting me possess one of her characters.

Its takes quite a lot for someone to just allow them to take their characters and allow such a hax attack to be sold. In general, Az will sell a lot of different kinds of attacks that no one else will. I did ask her permission for it but for her to give it to me? Man.

Mad props.

#79 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt: He was fun to fight! I had a hard time understanding what anything was back then, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
#81 Edited by deactivated-59c716930b8a6 (9227 posts) - - Show Bio
#82 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter:

I might redo his history and edit Skellbrieg to be a different world or something if this idea doesn't work out.

#84 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio
#85 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio
#86 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: That bio is an awesome concept tho.

Just sayin'

Aw, thanks! It was Percival before Percival, after all.

#88 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio
#90 Posted by Maverick_6 (10434 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter:

I always thought Percival was an evil Telescopic Man charcter. One you made in about two one shots that never got much in the name of comments, if I recall.

#91 Edited by _Glacier_ (8729 posts) - - Show Bio

I quit.

-BOI, Drake - 2014/15/16

I respect myself for being the best God of Quitting ever.

#92 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter:

I always thought Percival was an evil Telescopic Man charcter. One you made in about two one shots that never got much in the name of comments, if I recall.

He was T-Man's jerkass brother who forced the Rustler to absorb Decimus' nanomachines. Going insane, Lucas slays Miles and wipes his own mind. The kicker? This all takes place in Reykjavik. The conquering of that country was a final f-u to Miles for what he did to Lucas, who called himself Percival because that was the name of Miles' science project to bind human with machine.

In a way, it was perfect; the geothermal energy that radiated from the crust beneath the island would be the perfect power source; it was a small enough nation to be devoid of international attention, what with the ever-present chaos in the States and the general lack of parahumans found in the area. And finally, it had played host to one of Miles Graham's laboratories. Oh, Miles Graham. He'd put up a good fight, but in the end, the stretchy bastard just couldn't resist the Silicon Serpent's unrelenting power, his precise maneuvers overwhelming the self-proclaimed super-genius. Percival had actually been forced to choke the life out of the rubber-like scientist with his very hands, his nanomachines eventually requiring a more direct means of access to the spinal column. He would deal with his brother in due time, along with his idiotic telescoping legs.

^ From his first blog

Disgusted with what he'd been turned into, Lucas wiped his own mind and became Percival.

OR, maybe none of that's true. Percival has no canon origin. He just is.

But that was one way to look at it :}

#93 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio

@orpheus_knightfall: Whoops, spoiled it :}

But it's not canon. Just one of several possible origins for the Mechanical Monstrosity ;)

#94 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio
#95 Edited by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio
#96 Posted by Nevermore_ (202 posts) - - Show Bio

@asmodeus_prime:

I don't see how I could say no to be honest lol. Seriously moment you asked I knew I'd get some quality story going for Mai :D

<.< I'll have to post something in this thread later. Love the idea but I gots posts to do

#97 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio
#98 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt: Big milestone for me when it comes to my rampant alt-making XD

#99 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio
#100 Edited by Maverick_6 (10434 posts) - - Show Bio

The Shogun

Nemaz questions Ivana, doubting the rumors of what she is indeed capable of and doubting the feats of what people say about her. He believes that she is bluffing about the mutants she has to an extent or that Maverick and indeed the world, are vastly overestimating the physical capabilities of the Shogunate of Venezuela. Directly questioning if her country is even as powerful as once said and capable of handling the vastness of certain threats that plague the earth and even trouble Maverick, a corporation who has literally put down and threatened Asgardian gods.

Her reply to him?

Location, Shogunate of Venezuela

Ivana raised an eyebrow. Then her blue eyes twinkled with amusement. "You are young at this. Sometimes I forget." She waved a finger at her gear and his, indicating their professions.

"You think Satar is great danger. In your mind-" She tapped the same finger against the side of her head. "-he is big. Bigger in there than out here."

"This is great tool for him. Because he is like Bull; he tricks you. He makes big strong attack. You make big strong attack back. It is his game. So it is rigged. And you all play where it is rigged." Amusement radiated out of her eyes and she chuckled. "Is stupid. You fight him so many time and never look at small thing. You see big picture. Great. That is his picture.You always lose there. You win with many tiny picture all together. One strike, that does this. One block; it does that. One choke."

"This is why I beat everyone. Always. Battle is great chaos. Everything happen at once. Noise, pain, problems everywhere. Great chaos. Confusing. But I still see little pictures. Millions. Ignore big picture. Then I see little pictures one by one. Eventually I see right one. And it say: Win here!"

"You wonder about 'capacity'. Capacity is a thing-" She tapped her temple again. "-in your mind. It is wrong thing. It is why you not beat him. Capacity is just.. time. Time you have to find right picture. Say.. you fight man who go very fast. You think 'He has great capacity!'. Okay. But what that mean? It mean time. He is problem. You must find answer. Answer is there. Always, it is there. But greater capacity, greater power, shorter time to find answer. Capacity, power.. is time. Not victory."

"Eh." She shrugged, turning to look out over the see. "It is no matter. You will not understand."