Rough Childhood (Tristan's Diary, Part 1)

Anonym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Anonym

[The following is a combination of excerpts from several of Tristan Puzzlehoff's journals.]

No Caption Provided

....I can barely remember my mom. Dad keeps pictures around the house, and tells me all about her, but I only have one memory of her sitting at the widow sill, looking very sad and thoughtful. According to dad, she was an angel, a woman who never did any wrong. I asked him once, what happened to her. I saw a strange look cross his face, before he told me not to concern myself with the matter....

Ace has been at my side my entire life. One of my earliest memories is the colorful clown picking me up in his long arms and holding me after I scraped my knee. He's not like a new mom. He's too childish for that, much more like an immature older brother. I love him like a brother, and he likes me a lot, too, though dad says he's incapable of loving anyone except himself...he tells me my mom died in her sleep. The odd thing is that he gets an odd smile when he talks about it, like he knows a joke I'll never hear...

...Dad hit me yesterday. It's the first time I can remember his ever doing that. He'd locked himself in his room, something he did from time to time. He's informed me of his illness. "Our condition," he calls it. I never realized how serious it was until I brought him lunch. He didn't recognize me...he called me Nemesis and Satan, and shouted at me to leave him alone, that he had nothing to do with "her death".... He did it again today, and even though i was ready Ace had to help me put ice on my black eye. I don't know what to do...

...LA recommends that I should hit him back, but I don't think that's wise...Dad is much faster and stronger than I am. I wouldn't stand a chance in a fist fight, in fact I might just make things worse...

...Today I brought a kitchen knife with me when I brought dad his food. As I guessed, he tried to hit me again, raving about Nemesis and justice and how it wasn't his fault...This time he...tried to break my nose. I panicked and...stabbed his right shoulder, hoping to buy myself time to get out...He yelped and backed up, pulling the knife out of his arm. I had blood on my hand....

"....Last night is a blur, but I'll write what I can remember. Dad got home from his evaluation with nothing but a little smile on his face, and called to me like he was just getting home from work, or the bar. I watched him silently, tasting my own blood, bandages still covering the long, curved lines he'd carved in my face. The scars that were the first time he tried to hurt me since I stabbed him when I was eight. He opened a beer and sat on the couch like tonight was the most normal night in the world...like he hadn't shown me how truly insane he really was. Dam doctor should've institutionalized him...

" 'Trist,' he said, and I recognized the cold calm of his voice, 'come sit down. I have something to tell you...your mother didn't die in her sleep. I know that's what Ace has been telling you and while it's true to a certain extent, it's not the whole truth...I killed her.' I started, then stared. He had to be joking. 'I'm not kidding you, Tristan. You're a man now and as such you need to know the whole truth...I didn't want to kill her, but Ace hated her. The entire time I knew her I kept away from him, stopped paying his voice in my head any attention...I woke up one night and she wasn't there, but there was blood on the pillow and I only took another moment to guess what happened to her. I raced through the house to find them...by the time I made it to the shed it was too late. She was unconscious on my workbench and Ace was sifting through her entrails...I won't describe what he'd done. I might lose my mind and I couldn't finish the story...he turned to look at me, he was smiling. He must have eaten something...his teeth...' dad broke off for a moment and for the first time I felt the cold chill in the pit of my stomach. Where I should be feeling something, anything, disgust or anger or sadness, there was nothing...my father continued, 'I won't describe it. Just his smile, it was cruel and dark and wicked, like he was proud of what he'd made of my wife...he watched my face change from the father and husband to the lunatic he always knew I was. I lost control, picking up a knife and lunging at him....next thing I knew he wasn't there, and my hand....was bloody. I realized I'd missed him completely, and aimed just right to drive my knife into....into Maria's heart....'

"I didn't hear the rest. It took a quarter of an hour to process everything, by which time dad had disappeared into his room...next thing I remember is Ace's voice, I don't remember the words he said but....he was encouraging me to punish Dad. Again there's a space I don't recall...then I'm outside his door, holding a wooden baseball bat....he was on the ground in front of me holding his face and I realized I'd broken his nose. Ace was still whispering, encouraging me to finish him off....I didn't. I dropped the bat and went to my room....trying to calm down....

"I came to a conclusion as I helped bandage my dad's face. I can't hate the man. I now understand what he's been going through all these years, between insanity and guilt...he's not to blame. The Leering Ace is. I can't hate Ace either, but at the same time I feel so betrayed...I know what has to be done. I have to get rid of him...it's going to break his heart to be sent away, but I don't have a choice. I need to keep my mind in order to follow what I believe to be my calling in life...I'm going to help people like my dad and myself. I can't do that with Ace whispering in my ear. So this is the last day I'm going to see him. I'm sorry, old friend..."

Backstabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn that was creepy,

Whose Ace?

Anonym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Backstabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anonym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@backstabber: They're based on the creepypasta characters Jeff the Killer and Laughing Jack, mixed a little with the Joker. I've wanted to make a lunatic for a while now and this character seems to do it for me

Backstabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anonym: Well so far you've done a good job of it. Have you used them in a ongoing game yet?

Anonym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@backstabber: I'm using them in Ice and Faerie right now, actually. Good for character development, plus it's right up Tristan's professional alley.

Backstabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anonym: Next time I have some free time I'll try to read it!