The truest wisdom is resolute determination.
Redwood Manor appears, on the surface, to be a cozy manor in the center of an Alaskan forest. With four hundred and fifty two acres of private land in the middle of the coldest, most inhospitable forests in America it offers total privacy and complete seclusion from the world.
Built by her own hands as a private retreat before she lost her powers it has become one of the few places where she is truly safe thanks to the plethora of emissions reduction technology Liberty has installed.
- Psychic 'chaff' to diffuse the mental signatures of any residents until they are as dim and distributed as small animals; hiding them from any psychic, regardless of power.
- Electromagnetic shielding to capture and redirect any bioelectrical currents powerful enough to be detected from a distance and scrambles x-ray or satellite pictures.
- Magical runes carved into the cornerstones, creating a powerful barrier around the entire manor, one that wards away scrying eyes.
- Sonic muffling that soundproofs the manor. As such the heartbeats or voices of those within it cannot be detected by those with hypersensitive hearing.
Even after one enters the manor itself one will find no signs it is actually the base for a metahuman. Instead it is a warm, luxurious manor filled with comfortable furniture, summer colors, books, and all the luxuries one would expect from a multi-million dollar retreat.
Each room has at least one bookshelf stocked with well read classics and the library is enormous and composed of several sections.
- Law. Liberty endeavors to maintain an up to date law library that has a section for each of the fifty states as well as a large section for federal law. One corner is devoted to the G20 countries.
- History. An avid reader of history Kelly ensures this is the largest section of the library. A copy of nearly any major text can be found here and there is also a locked cabinet with first editions and original works.
- Metahuman affairs. As a metahuman Liberty maintains a fairly good sized section of works on the metahuman phenomenon.
- General. This section is the second largest and contains at least one book on nearly any imaginable subject from the occult to the Orion project.
A heated indoor pool, a hundred by twenty five feet it ranges from three feet to thirty feet in depth. There is also a shower and a variety of water-sport athletic equipment.
The bottom floor of one entire wing is a pistol, carbine, and archery range. With reinforced concrete walls, a clay backstop, and ten wide firing lanes it provides a place to hone ones ranged skills.
Directly above the range is the gym. It is equipped to allow anyone from a beginner to a metahuman to find a suitable challenge. Everything from agility ladders to treadmills to reinforced heavy bags to free weights can be found within the confines of the indoor track that runs around the outer perimeter of the gym. Even a small bar is available, stocked with the latest protein drinks, supplements, vitamins and of course bottled water.
The bedrooms are all located in the upper portion of the central wing. They wrap around a central panic room in a U shape, allowing ever occupant in the house to depart their spacious and sunny private rooms and travel to a titanium above ground bomb shelter at a moments notice.
The Base: Liberty's personal base for all her meta human needs is located under the concrete foundation in a sub basement not on any blueprint or floorplan. It is the only part of the house that would appear to be anything more than the private residence of a reclusive millionaire.
It offers a training area, a research station, powerful radio (from the 1980's), a vacuum tube computer (that needs to be replaced) and a soundproof chamber of titanium reinforced with artificial adamant from the hearts of dying stars.
Private. Your character, no matter how well connected doesn't know about it and doesn't stumble onto it by accident.
All CVnU Rules Apply.