Red Ink & White Doves (CVU Closed RP)

Vandal_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vandal_King

Vandal sat in his throne, looking down at his generals making plans. Soon, they were going to go to war with an unknown enemy. Enemies that had a certain weapon of kind of energy that was not very easy for him or his demons to handle.

"I'm taking a walk," Vandal announced to the generals below, yawning. He'd become bored of the constant stress this whole thing surrounding the Angels had been giving him. "You all know what to do, carry out the necessary plans. Make every preparation." Vandal ordered, as he disappeared from the throne he sat on.

Vandal instantly traversed millions of miles, appearing out on Earth, inside his apartment in Toulouse, France. Sitting back in the sofa in the living room, Vandal closed his eyes. He was actually incapable of feeling anything. Not stress, not weakness, nor the feeling of being tired. The physical body might as well be dead. It held no real meaning for Vandal at all. He could change his shape or size at will.

To actually take on the guise of anyone or anything were simple matters to him. Vandal thought back on the day he had decided to take part in a conquest of a terrorist. That had been fun, for a while. He had met a lot of interesting people. One of them had been that giant, who he felt a strange connection to. Perhaps the giant had been a demon. Or perhaps not. That giant didn't exactly feel the part. The feeling was more human.

Was she an Earthling? Vandal spread out his awareness across the planet. He meant to find her. Locating that distinct signature wouldn't be hard for him. Sure enough, the aura was found, 2 continents away, in Phillipines, on an island. What was she doing in France then, Vandal wondered.

She looked widely different, the hero named @kaija, UNKD's pet; Vandal recognized, not the Giant that was in France. At least, that one did not go by the same name.

Something to take his mind off from the affairs of Brimstone Dimension, Vandal found the perfect distraction. He was going to have a conversation with the lady. He knew her secret, which would make it fun to bend her to his will.

*Zap*

Vandal appeared within Kaija's room, he appeared by her bed. "Greetings, Kaija. My name is Vandal King,"

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandal_king:

Kaija had long since drifted into sleep when the Demon Lord appeared in her room. She wore nothing more than a sleeveless shirt and basketball shorts that she had intended on wearing for a workout the next morning. As with every trained soldier on the base, deep sleep wasn't a convenience that could be afforded when your job was to deal with the type of monstrosities that the UNKD put down on a daily basis. Being jarred into consciousness in the dead of night wasn't an unusual experience for Kaija.. but it never became a pleasant one either. The instant that the sounds of the devil's arrival met Kaija's ears, she sprung into action almost instinctively.

She would immediately kick her blankets and sheet off of herself and towards the intruder to blind and slow them down for a moment, then grab her magnum from under her pillow. She'd then roll onto the floor and fire a round or two at the intruder to either put them down, drive them back, or give herself more space. Finally, she'd dive out of the window behind her and expand outside where she wouldn't cause any damage to the building or personnel, sacrificing only some of the lawn outside to reach a size at which most conventional weapons would prove useless. She'd be stark naked when she grew, but in a situation where an assassin had snuck into her room, she thought it better to bare her behind to the world than to die for stupid reasons.

Or at least, that's what she had planned to do.

By the time that Kaija's feet had hit the floor... she had calmed down. Her shot was lined up and her finger graced the trigger for a moment, then she lowered it to her side and lost her desire to fight the man. In the chaos, she barely heard the words of the horrifying entity, but even if he hadn't spoken, she would've recognized him instantly. His presence, it was the same feeling that washed over her in France. As much as the running logic in her mind gave her every reason in the world to hate this man, to fight him, and to fear him... she couldn't deny that she was happy to see him. And once again, to her own discomfort, she found difficulty in trying to despise the demon for what he was. She hated that part of herself. She laughed a bit as words began to flow from her lips.

"I guess it was dumb of me to assume that the consequences of France would just fade away if I pretended like they had never happened then, huh? And here I am, happy to see the devil. As much as I'd like to think that a visit from a guy such as you means that I'm dead or damned... I don't." She stood up and walked closer to the man, scanning his body for any signs of the occult for weirdness. Despite the man's power, he looked more human than Kaija could ever hope to without the tricks that the UN provided for her. Her eyes narrowed inquisitively and met his as she continued, "I think that you're just as comforted by my presence as I am yours. And I think that you know why. So tell me, what is this... thing between us?"

Vandal_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vandal_King

@kaija:

Vandal merely stood his ground as Kaija had sprang out of her bed like an alley cat, merely amused by her actions. The blue coat he had worn fluttered slightly by the motion of his left hand as he brushed aside the sheets she had thrown at him. A distraction. Naive actions of a girl who knew so little of the God that was facing her. He knew well, knew that she wouldn't be able to mount an offensive against him.

Vandal knew who she was. What she was. All he realistically did was investigate her body, the rest was on the news. Her powers, and the familial relationship he felt towards Kaija, all long ago confirmed to him what she was. She was a demon, as well as a human.

Vandal snickered, as the woman in shorts and shirt, trained her human weapon on him. His eyes flashed. He didn't move, but simply continued to watch as her hands, trained on the trigger, gradually lost its strength, and she relaxed her guard.

"I guess it was dumb of me to assume that the consequences of France would just fade away if I pretended like they had never happened then, huh? And here I am, happy to see the devil. As much as I'd like to think that a visit from a guy such as you means that I'm dead or damned... I don't." She stood up and walked closer to the man, scanning his body for any signs of the occult for weirdness. Despite the man's power, he looked more human than Kaija could ever hope to without the tricks that the UN provided for her. Her eyes narrowed inquisitively and met his as she continued, "I think that you're just as comforted by my presence as I am yours. And I think that you know why. So tell me, what is this... thing between us?"

Vandal raised his brows. France? That months old incident. He had all but forgotten about it. "Girl, whatever is going through your head, I do not care what you did in France, nor am I here to ask you why you were there." He smiled, upon hearing her question. He watched as Kaija got up from the floor and walked towards him. Red Eyes, horns growing out of her head. She was exactly like the Oni demon tribe of his dimension, if only more human in contrast. "Little Girl, Vandal King knows exactly who you are. What you are. My presence comforts you because we are the same, little girl. The only difference is, you are a mortal, and I am a God.

Vandal walked around Kaija, and came to sit on the edge of her bed, "Comfortable little place you have," Vandal nodded. "And if you seek answers to who you are, then I can better show you; rather than having to explain. You are not stupid, so I think you already know what I'm saying. You are a half demoness. Half of you is human, the other half is demon. As for what kind of demon you are, showing you would make much more sense. We will have to make a trip beyond the fabric of time, space & reality itself. I have seen more of this mundane existence than you can ever hope to. Walk with me, and I will show you a wondrous place."

Vandal waited for Kaija's reply. He was offering her a chance to realize her true place in the world, where her true allegiance lie. To him, Kaija was no more than a little girl he saw as uncommon due to her birth. While he waited for conclusion of events in the Brimstone Dimension, he could well use this opportunity to take his minds off it.

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kaija

@vandal_king:

Kaija raised an eyebrow and tilted her head to one side. She had already seen a demonstration of the man's might, and yet, she found him somewhat... silly. Be it his dialect, his appearance or even that fact that he was a god whom had even bothered to come and speak with her directly. For as powerful as he was... he didn't seem very dangerous, so much as curious. She couldn't tell if this analysis was a result of her own thoughts or the man's unusual air, but she felt no threat from him. His words, on the other hand, disturbed her.

Despite what she had seen, despite what she had felt, and despite all of the reason that she had to believe him, she was skeptical. Whether it be the result of her own ego attempting to protect itself or the sheer audacity of the man's claims, she thought that the god was mistaken, or insane. She had heard the man's words, and she accepted them as more a theory than fact, but the weight of the implications were rather heavy to bare. She laughed to herself, wondering if she was losing her mind for how well she was handling the events unfolding before her. She sighed and looked down at the palm of her left hand.

"You're the one that fixed the hole in my hand, weren't you? Yeah, you were. Zafir's magic doesn't feel like that. Thanks." Kaija spoke, holstering her gun in her shorts as a stream of thought flew from her lips with little filter, "Yeah... Alright. I guess if you were going to attack me, you would've already done so. And if you were going to kidnap me, I probably wouldn't be here. You know, unless I've got even more powers than I'm aware of or something. No one has ever been able to identify how my powers work. No X-genes, no special enzymes, no rare elements, no extra organs, and no magical whatnots responsible for it. The horns on my head and red eyes are just for show in that regard. If you can show me something that proves that you really know what I am, then I don't think that it's an opportunity that I can pass up. Give me one second though."

Kaija walked past the man and straight into her closet, streaks of light flowing out from under her door as she turned on the light from within. Her disappearance was followed by the sloshing sounds of plastic grinding on steel produced by a girl trying to find a particular garment of clothing in a large collection. She found what she was looking for and began changing from behind the wooden door.

"I have to ask, why has a, uh, 'Demon God' taken interest in me anyways? I didn't even think that stuff like you was real until like a few months ago. I mean, I've gone into battle against gods before, but they were kinda.... different? Also, I am gonna have to ask you to promise me one thing before I leave. I don't know if you can sprout money from thin air... but I can't. I'd prefer to not stay in this 'wondrous place' for so long that I lose my job, okay?" Kaija asked, exiting the closet to reveal her trademark underarmor, "It's a bit different than my usual suit. The new engineer gave me a few upgrades after getting here, I guess it was to make up for shooting me in the face before. Anyways, does that work for you or are we gonna have to postpone the trip until a long weekend?"

Vandal_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaija:

"You're the one that fixed the hole in my hand, weren't you? Yeah, you were. Zafir's magic doesn't feel like that. Thanks." Kaija spoke, holstering her gun in her shorts as a stream of thought flew from her lips with little filter, "Yeah... Alright. I guess if you were going to attack me, you would've already done so. And if you were going to kidnap me, I probably wouldn't be here. You know, unless I've got even more powers than I'm aware of or something. No one has ever been able to identify how my powers work. No X-genes, no special enzymes, no rare elements, no extra organs, and no magical whatnots responsible for it. The horns on my head and red eyes are just for show in that regard. If you can show me something that proves that you really know what I am, then I don't think that it's an opportunity that I can pass up. Give me one second though."

Vandal laughed, it seemed as though this girl named Kaija had trouble coping with him. At least, she seemed to have no problem being in his presence and not feel a sense of dread, as most mortals would. Then again, it did make sense that Kaija would feel at ease. She had no reason to fear him after all, "Do not speak to me of that traitor, little girl. I will find him, wherever he is hiding, and make him regret ever crossing blades(1) with me." Vandal retorted, correcting her as the name of the terrorist was brought up, "I helped you for 2 reasons: 1) You were an ally. 2) I felt a connection with you. A sense of familiarity."

Vandal just stood where he was, as Kaija walked into her closet, getting a change of attire. The aura he subconsciously leaked from his spirit was a mix of his father's demon transformation, and that of the 9 demon lords sealed inside his spirit realm. It was entirely probable that Kaija was reacting to this aura. Her malice towards an intruder, and the familiarity and kinship born of flesh and blood, constantly resonated with Kaija to produce a mood to offset any irregular patterns against Vandal.

This same effect was true for Vandal himself. Just as Kaija was being affected by him, her presence was giving off a similar feeling, albeit on a weaker scale due to Kaija being born a hybrid. Vandal peered into her mind from across the boards of her closet. His consciousness seeped into hers for a second. He peered into her emotions. Vandal sneered, 'a Kinship born of the most unlikely of places', he thought, before Kaija came out, wearing her suit.

"I have to ask, why has a, uh, 'Demon God' taken interest in me anyways? I didn't even think that stuff like you was real until like a few months ago. I mean, I've gone into battle against gods before, but they were kinda.... different? Also, I am gonna have to ask you to promise me one thing before I leave. I don't know if you can sprout money from thin air... but I can't. I'd prefer to not stay in this 'wondrous place' for so long that I lose my job, okay?" Kaija asked, exiting the closet to reveal her trademark underarmor, "It's a bit different than my usual suit. The new engineer gave me a few upgrades after getting here, I guess it was to make up for shooting me in the face before. Anyways, does that work for you or are we gonna have to postpone the trip until a long weekend?"

"I have 3 reasons in coming to you. The first being, the terrorist named Z. I've been meaning to ask you how you had become affiliated with him. I'm trying to find him, after all. And second reason I came to find you, and the immediate reason, because a 'Demon God' as you put it, has 'god-like' issues he has to deal with, and Vandal King seeks to put his mind off of the worries he is currently facing. Thirdly, I wish to speak to the likes of @_gaige_ and @vael if time permits it. This world is full of mortals with interesting skillsets and powers, one of whom was potent enough to destroy the physical incarnation of a God such as myself," He was referring to Gaige managing to disintegrate his body in France, It may not seem like it, little girl, but a lot of lives depend on just my ability to stay alive." Vandal himself was not a very talk-friendly person, unless he was in the presence of his kind. Kaija made him ill at ease, and unbeknownst to his understanding, he was beginning to warm up.

Initially, Kaija was someone he turned to, because he had some problems in Brimstone Dimension he wanted to push out of his mind. Dwelling in mortal affairs was more of a hobby. He was a semi god after all. And he himself was born a mortal, many hundreds of years ago. It would be an understatement if he said he did not understand the sentiments of mortality. His spirit had everything ingrained within it. His life had initially started out as the son of a royal court mage. He grew up in battle, fighting with Magic he inherited from both his parents.

Later on in life, Vandal fell victim to a werewolf curse. His father, the God in hiding, could not cure his son without actually revealing himself. And thus, driven to madness, Vandal ran away from home. He spent 10,000 years with the curse, until he met a banshee named Athelia (@ltlredwulf) and got entangled in a journey leading up to a series of events, which would eventually turn him to he was in present day.

A cosmic event that happened much later on would lead Vandal across space & time until he landed on Earth, 40,000 years ago. Vandal lived on the planet since, but always remaining in obscurity, whilst populating his Brimstone Dimension with tribes of demons he picked up from various places, including Earth itself.

Vandal put on a smile on his face, "You will be gone and back before you know it. I will not hold you for long. Think of this as me doing you a favor in return for information you have, Kaija. I rather do hate owing debts. But that, we can discuss at a later date. I don't want to waste time with the terrorist(2) more than I already have. Not now at least."

1: France RP: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/rpg-9/proof-of-power-semi-open-rp-1858042/
2: Dealing with Vandal King RP with Zafir: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/rpg-9/dealing-with-vandal-king-closed-rp-1869616/

Also @ltlredwulf@_gaige_@vael --- Sorry for tags. You guys are not in the RP, but Vandal King being a new account, I can't link names just yet, so had no choice but to put @ tags for reference.

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandal_king:

"A vacation from work, huh? That's flattering." Kaija replied, a smile on her face, "As for Z, I don't actually know much about him. I got into a fight on a pier and he just kinda showed up asking me to provide some muscle for him. Said he wanted to help improve conditions for metahumans through... questionable means. I'm not exactly new to 'questionable means' or playing the muscle, but that was the first time that I was put up against a human army. Said he'd cover my tracks if I did my part, and I must admit that he's been good on his word. Can't really help you out with much more info than that though, I'm not a part of his "Knights of Justice", just an... honorary member."

Kaija began to wonder what it was that Vandal was planning to do with that information, and decided it best not to involve herself more than she needed to. In a conflict between the two, she thought that it was in her best interest to simply not get involved. She thought of the communicator that she had kept hidden, but decided it best to keep that to herself; another card that she could play later if need be. Kaija had no idea who Vael was, let alone the fact that she had already encountered her and attacked her troops. But she was concerned about the new engineer who resided... not that far away from their current position.

This was the case with befriending demons, the behaviors shown to allies was not be be expected for all. The very real prospect of a pleasant visit turning into a scene of violence and carnage came to her as she imagined Vandal finding the one who had "destroyed physical incarnation of a God itself", especially given that they were enemies not too long ago. Kaija decided that, for her own sake as well as the sake of her fellow employees, it would be best for them to depart soon to avoid any potential... disasters. She approached the god, resolute to get to know him before jeopardizing those around herself.

"That's really all that I can tell you, you were left with as little information as I was." Kaija explained, almost entirely honestly, "Anyways, I'm ready to go when you are. How does this work anyways? Do I put my hand on your shoulder or..."

Whatever the method, she would depart with him as soon as he was ready.

Vandal_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vandal_King

@kaija:

"A vacation from work, huh? That's flattering." Kaija replied, a smile on her face, "As for Z, I don't actually know much about him. I got into a fight on a pier and he just kinda showed up asking me to provide some muscle for him. Said he wanted to help improve conditions for metahumans through... questionable means. I'm not exactly new to 'questionable means' or playing the muscle, but that was the first time that I was put up against a human army. Said he'd cover my tracks if I did my part, and I must admit that he's been good on his word. Can't really help you out with much more info than that though, I'm not a part of his "Knights of Justice", just an... honorary member."

Vandal listened to Kaija speak, his mind on what she was saying, but he didn't really bother think she was hiding the truth from him at all. This time, he was not here for Zafir. He would track the man sooner or later, "At least you admit your affiliation with the terrorist," Vandal laughed. He didn't really mean anything by it. But the fact that he had found out about Kaija as easily as spreading his mind, the sorcerer had not done a very good job of securing Kaija's identity. The least he should've done was hide her aura in disguise. It was pure luck that Kaija was never found out. Not yet, anyway. Vandal had no desire to want to protect Kaija. He had no reason to.

"That's really all that I can tell you, you were left with as little information as I was." Kaija explained, almost entirely honestly, "Anyways, I'm ready to go when you are. How does this work anyways? Do I put my hand on your shoulder or..."

"I appreciate your information, little girl," Vandal said, getting up. "And, no need to do anything of the sort. I control the fabric of dimensional reality. A snap of my finger, and we will be where we need to be," Vandal spoke. Raising his left hand, he snapped. Dark red colored spinning Vortexes appeared beneath their feet, slowly ascending upwards to cover their entire entire being. To an onlooker, it would look as if a portal had consumed Kaija and Vandal.

To the both of them, they would just simply stay put where they were. But once the Vortex had disappeared above their heads, the entire world around them had changed. They had traveled from Earth to a dimension which existed inside Vandal's soul realm. Here, Vandal was was vastly more powerful than he was in the outside world.

The power he used to perform all his abilities come from within this dimension after all. The same energy run wild in Brimstone Dimension. It's there, freely available for his demonic subjects to absorb and enjoy. Vandal glanced sideways at Kaija. He wondered if Kaija was able to absorb any energy from this dimension at all.

A serene landscape greeted their eyes.

No Caption Provided

This was not the image of a very demonic place. And yet, this place was home to tribes of powerful demons, which was never good to be provoked. With an intention, Vandal made steps appear leading down from the boulder to the ground below. He pointed to fenced encampment about 200 meters from where they were currently. "Shall we go?" He asked.

Vandal would walk down with Kaija, and head towards the small tribe. No one else in the dimension could see, hear or feel their presence. This was how Vandal loved it. He would often just walk around the Brimstone Dimension, while being a mere observer. He loved to experience the winds, the scorching suns, or the heat from the volcanoes. He would help those in need, without letting them know of it. And often times, Vandal would just slaughter when he felt like it, humans who angered him for no apparent reason, or those Vandal felt were undeserving of life.

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandal_king:

From the moment that Kaija first arrived in what she expected to be hell... she felt amazing. Much like how an Olympic athlete who trains in the highest of alps finds an explosive boost in performance upon return to lower altitudes, Kaija felt as though she were making a return to a place that she had never before been. She felt lighter, stronger, more focused, and more clean. As she surveyed a 'hell' full of color and wonder, she momentarily forgot where she was and who she was with. Her eyes wandered for a moment to make as much of the scene as she could before she followed behind Mr. King. The reality of this world slowly came to light as she looked more closely at the events unfolding around her.

As is true for any creature that values its own life, all of the curious minds and ravenous hunters of the environment seemed to keep to the shadows, only noticeable if one were actively trying to find them. Kaija was only able to see a few of the creatures by the small extremities that couldn't help but be left exposed as a motions were made from one shadow to the next. A bundle of pulsating tentacles scurries about the ground. Hooked claws lined with a menagerie of jagged accessory digits shifted about quietly. Something with a missing lower jaw drooled loudly over a patch of grass, its saliva producing an unsettling cacophony as the flora below was reduced to nothing more than a puddle. A veritable assortment of creatures that one would guess were the basis for the works of Stephen King and H.P. Lovecraft were scattered about the landscape. None if bothered Kaija in the slightest. None of it was what had gotten her to start moving.

Much nearer to Kaija than any of the cryptic horrors that crept through the shadows of the forest, there lie a patch of flowers. Beautiful things, strong and vibrant colors held by each one. Each flower stood four feet tall, and had adopted a separate color to boast its independence and individuality from the others, despite having grown from the same patch of rich soil. And in the soil, almost completely buried by fresh dirt carried over by wind or rain or whatever natural phenomenon drove forward the march of nature in this world, the bones of a human arm peaked out from under the base of the flowers. As much as she may want to deny it, those were human bone. It wasn't a difficult thing thing to verify, the jewels left loosely attached to the bony fingers were recognizable to Kaija. She even saw a designer ring that she had been wanting as a gift.... a recent design on Earth. Despite all of this, nothing but calmness and lightness filled her body. Kaija lost her desire to see anymore.

"Shall we go?"

"Yeah, show me." Kaija replied cooly, still trying to wrap her mind around her current situation.

They proceeded down into the cavern, lights created by the the demon god illuminated the way as they descended. Although Kaija no longer wished to see gore, she found herself surrounded by it. The soil itself, that had been carved into the tunnels through with Kaija and Vandal now walked, was filled with death. Corpses, some still laced with flesh, some little more than white bone, and others nearly mineralized from time, were scattered randomly around them. Vandal, despite all of the horror that surrounded him, lived up to his name moreso in that moment than any before. He had no response to this scene, not a single concern in the world for those buried haphazardly in the grave through which they currently walked. If it wasn't for Kaija's history with mankind, and the realization of how she should be acting in such a situation, she considered that she might have been as cold about it as the horrid creature walking before her. She wondered if it was present company that made her feel so distant, or if this coldness was her own nature.

No words were shared between the two as they continued through the tunnel, and they would reach their destination shortly.

Vandal_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vandal_King

@kaija:

Vandal's eyes and focus was forward. He didn't really bother with what appeared to be around them as they walked through the cavern. This was a graveyard. A graveyard of bones & chains, some wrapped, while other disembodied littered square pits, gathered in mounds. Some were fresh whilst most were long gone and decayed.

The particular graveyard Vandal and his little entourage walked through belonged to the tribe of demons that lived at a camp just past the graveyard. Vandal could see light at the entrance of a tunnel at the far end. A guard stood just outside entrance, leaning against the wall. He had long blue hair and red eyes, and wore gray armor, and had dark bluish skin with creases running all over his face and exposed skin. He stood at 8 feet in height, and carried a long sword about as tall as he was.

Vandal and Kaija would walk up to him, and stop for a brief moment. He only gestured towards the guard, and waited for Kaija to observe the male. He wouldn't be able to interact with either of them, even if he had known that Vandal and Kaija were standing there. They would be akin to ghosts: with the man's ability to see, hear or feel them being deprived of him.

After a moments pause, Vandal would resume. He walked through the cave entrance, and walked out into the town, into broad daylight. Demons walked left and right, going about their daily business. Only a few steps away, was the town's storage. They were pillagers, and goods pillaged from off-worlds were stored within and distributed among its inhabitants.

"This is it, little girl," Vandal gestured at everything around them, "You'll fit right in," He said, laughing and for the first time since their arrival, Vandal looked at Kaija. The only real difference between them and her was that she was considerably short, and her skin was akin to a human's. But Vandal knew well, like every other of this tribe, size was a non-factor.

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kaija

@vandal_king:

The first thing that Kaija noticed upon arrival were the two shared characteristic between herself and every monster there in that village, the two horns and hellish eyes that had plagued her over her entire existence. She ran her hands over her own unusual skull as the truth started to sink in.

No Caption Provided

She closed her eyes and turned away from the hideous creatures, gripping herself. Although these demons were far from the most disturbing creatures that she had seen, having to actually identify with one was a bit unsettling. She shook it off and proceeded.

The second thing that she saw, and likely the first thing than any other traveler would have noticed, were the warning signs scattered around the entrances of the village, and lining the top of each wall. Skulls on pikes decorated the locale, the sheer variety of species that were used to make these effigies telling of the scale of influence at which the demons operated. Much to Kaija’s surprise, although some were, very few of the skulls were actually human. Kaija had yet to understand that, whatever hell this was, it wasn’t just a place for only humans to fear.

"This is it, little girl," Vandal gestured at everything around them, "You'll fit right in,"

“You can feel free to stop calling me that at any time, Vandal. Really.” Kaija replied in annoyance as she moved farther into the village.

The sound of clashing steel drew Kaija’s attention after she enterd the village; a pair of swords sent skyward as two warriors matched each other’s might and skill. Before their blades even reached the ground, the training warriors had grappled one another and drove the fight to the ground, sending soil and rock erupting into the sky under the fury of their struggle. Looking beyond the two, Kaija noticed a few more battles underway, and it became increasingly evident that these monsters favored melee combat and fighting unarmed. Under different circumstances, Kaija wouldn’t have questioned this practice, and would’ve assumed that they were merely making the most of what they had. The strange thing was, stockpiled with what could only be assumed to be the spoils from previous battles, they had an assortment of high-tech weaponry that they showed little to no interest in. Kaija raised an eyebrow in confusion for a moment, but quickly turned her attention elsewhere.

Aside from the warriors testing their might against one another in battle, the village was rather peaceful. A few of the creatures were busy, some working to butcher meat from… a questionable source, some were working on forging basic weaponry, and a few were implementing crude medical practices to mend minor wounds. The majority of them, although few in number as is, were simply… idle. They didn’t seem to be the most social of species on first impression either. The idle members of the community were scattered as far apart as physically possible, a minimum of 10 yards separating each individual who didn’t have a reason to be closer to another.

She stopped walking and turned to Vandal, her eyes revealing more confusion than anything else.

“What is this place, Vandal? What are these things? And what are you? You know, I assumed that you were the so called ‘Devil’ and that I’d be going to hell. Everyone here seems to look the part, but I feel like I’m looking at a land of savages and monsters, not the resting place for the wicked and the damned. And you tell me that I’m one of these… horrible things here. What exactly does that mean for me? You know, I see the obvious similarities, and I... feel them just like I feel you, but my parents had a birth certificate. I was born in a human hospital 23 years ago, how does any of this make sense? I don’t even know how to start making sense of this…” Kaija asked earnestly.

She’d wait until he finished his explanation, and then she’d make one final request, “I want to speak to one of them, if they can even speak. If this really is a part of my heritage… then I'd like to find out what it means to be a monster.”

Vandal_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vandal_King

@kaija:

Vandal's gaze followed Kaija as they walked through the town. She saw the skulls. She saw the fighting. She'd seen the spoils of war. This was brimstone dimension. This was Vandal's home. Home of his demons. They were savages, barbarians. Their name spread far and wide across the cosmos, instilling fear in whatever civilization they chose to prey on. Portals existed everywhere across the dimension, which Vandal had set up eons ago. These portals acted as gateways back and forth dimensions. And every now and then, demons would form raid parties and invade these worlds, looting valuables and taking in prisoners of war back home.

They'd met advanced civilizations, they'd met strong foes, faster ones, but the demons always prevailed. Why? Because those who came out from Brimstone Dimension worked as a cohesive unit. They were family. Ranks upon ranks of demons worked together, supporting each other.

“You can feel free to stop calling me that at any time, Vandal. Really.” Kaija replied in annoyance as she moved farther into the village.

Vandal laughed at the retort from Kaija, "What shall I call you then, little one?" In his opinion, Kaija was a mere curiosity undeserving of a name. He was a god, the God King of Brimstone Dimension, and the throne of the Nine Realms. Why should he give a name to some hybrid from a small unremarkable planet in a foreign universe?

The only reason Vandal was behaving was because the Kaija had part demon blood coursing through her veins. This made her akin to family. This put her on par with the rest of the inhabitants of the Brimstone Dimension.

“What is this place, Vandal? What are these things? And what are you? You know, I assumed that you were the so called ‘Devil’ and that I’d be going to hell. Everyone here seems to look the part, but I feel like I’m looking at a land of savages and monsters, not the resting place for the wicked and the damned. And you tell me that I’m one of these… horrible things here. What exactly does that mean for me? You know, I see the obvious similarities, and I... feel them just like I feel you, but my parents had a birth certificate. I was born in a human hospital 23 years ago, how does any of this make sense? I don’t even know how to start making sense of this…” Kaija asked earnestly.

They came to a halt, and Vandal listened to Kaija's questions. "This place is called Brimstone Dimension," Vandal replied, gesturing to everything that was around him, "This is my world. A place where nothing can happen without my knowledge or approval," Vandal gestured to a demon that passed by, "They are Demons, sometimes called Gentle Giants, otherwise known in your worlds legends as Oni," Vandal cracked up in laughter. The tribesmen here were all fairly calm and reserved compared to the others inhibiting Brimstone Dimension, not to say that this particular tribesmen were not also considered the most vicious and strongest of the bunch, "My name is Vandal King. And I am the God of this dimension, it's God King." Vandal replied with a smirk, for now, he chose not to explain anything else about either his origin, or his heritage. "As for your last question, what it means, is that these guys you see here, they once colluded with your Earth women, passing down their genes until they surfaced, with you. Simple as that. You are only part demon, however, most of your physical appearance is that of a human being after all." Vandal concluded.

She’d wait until he finished his explanation, and then she’d make one final request, “I want to speak to one of them, if they can even speak. If this really is a part of my heritage… then I'd like to find out what it means to be a monster.”

Vandal shrugged, as he listened to Kaija's request. It certainly didn't matter in his opinion. She was a hybrid, and everyone in town could sense that. Kaija wouldn't be in any sort of danger at all, "You can certainly do so, and yes, they are well capable of speech, and myriad of languages including Earthen tongues," They were raiders after all. And sometimes, they possessed other beings. Most of them had learned various cultures, languages and traditions of off-worlders.

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandal_king:

"Just call me by my name. I'm more likely to know that you're talking to me anyways." Kaija replied, "Oni, huh..."

The vale of stealth fell from around Kajia at her request, and the world around her once again responded to her presence. A few of the nearby inhabitants gazed over at Kajia for a moment, and then went back to whatever they were doing, seemingly uninterested in her presence whatsoever. Kaija was earnestly surprised by the lack of response, but also relieved. She walked over to one of the idle oni, whom didn't even recognize her presence until she was a mere meter away from it.

No Caption Provided

"Adhesnd cnebe oescnt" he responded immediately, raising his head to meet her eyes from his sitting postion.

"What?" Kaija exclaimed, her eyes narrowing in confusion.

"English? Pfft, I should've guessed. I said, 'Boy, aren't you an ugly one.'" the demon clarified, not even a hint of remorse or concern in his voice.

Kaija cocked her head to the side and raised an eyebrow at the monster's statement, feeling less insulted and more unsure of how to interpret the thoughts of a being the would be considered repulsive by any human standards of beauty.

"Uh, hi, I'm Kaija, nice to meet you!" she greeted him, stretching out a hand to shake and make his acquaintance.

The oni merely looked at her hand then raised an eyebrow. He took a second to try and figure out what was going on before grunting and losing interest in the stranger's unusual rituals. After realizing that he had no intention of moving a muscle, Kaija lowered her hand and cleared her throat.

"So, what's your name, and what's up?" Kaija asked, attempting to start up any sort of conversation that she could manage.

"Noct. And the sky, what kinda stupid question is that?" Noct replied blatantly.

Kaija was taken aback for a moment and slowly began to realize that, even though she shared some blood with them, she knew absolutely nothing the of the culture, lifestyles and mindsets of these beings. The fact of the matter was, they weren't human and would have to be spoken to directly, familiar idioms from Earth holding no extra meaning in the Brimstone Dimension. Still, even so, she began to grow slightly annoyed with Noct.

"Uh, don't worry about it. I was just curious, why is it that you guys don't use any of that high-tech weaponry over there, instead of just iron axes and clubs?" Kaija asked.

"If any of it worked as well as it was supposed to then we would've never gotten our hands on any of it, would we?" Noct explained.

"Yeah, that... that makes sense." Kaija replied with a gentle nod, "Another thing that I was just wondering. Could you tell me, in your own words, what living in this village is like? I just kinda want to get a good sense of this place." Kaija asked.

"Highest King, are you chatty! And ugly to boot. You must be one of the inbred youth then... How many of these questions are you gonna have for me? I'd prefer to enjoy my day while I have the opportunity." Noct replied in annoyance.

"Just this one. Just this one $%&@ question and I'll be out of your hair. Just give me a good answer and I'll leave you alone!" Kaija replied, matching his frustration with her own.

"If it'll get you to leave me alone, then fine. I live the same life that you do kid." Noct replied, attributing Kaija's lack of claws, fangs, skin pigmentation and relative muscle mass to genetic disorders as opposed to an otherworldly origin, "When we're in need, we hunt and take what is necessary from others. When we're not, we feast and celebrate. All that matters is preservation of our kin, nothing more. Good enough for you?"

Kaija sighed, "I suppose that's the best answer that I'll get out of you, so fine. I'm gone"

Kaija marched away from the oni and back towards Vandal, more annoyed than anything else at that particular moment. She saw no point in remaining in hell any longer if her own kinda were as reserved as the one that she had just spoken to. At least at home, she could better sort out all that she had seen in her head.

"Alright, thanks for showing me this. And for taking the time, I suppose. I'm still not sure how I should feel about any of this, or if I should believe any of it, but... It's good to know either way. I honestly still feel like I owe you something. Unless time works differently here, I've still got plenty of it if there was something else that you wanted to do on your 'vacation'." Kaija explained, ready to rid herself of the oni dwelling behind her.

Vandal_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vandal_King

@kaija:

Vandal had a good laugh and a chuckle, listening to Kaija's attempt at talking to one of the grown Oni. They were never known to be particularly chatty, and would love less than to just lazy around when they weren't trying to breed with other species.

"Alright, thanks for showing me this. And for taking the time, I suppose. I'm still not sure how I should feel about any of this, or if I should believe any of it, but... It's good to know either way. I honestly still feel like I owe you something. Unless time works differently here, I've still got plenty of it if there was something else that you wanted to do on your 'vacation'." Kaija explained, ready to rid herself of the oni dwelling behind her.

Vandal took Kaija back into his Ghost Walk mode, where nothing could interact or feel them. He turned and led Kaija back towards the graveyard entrance to the Oni tribe, "If it's alright with you, we could walk around the dimension a bit, show you some places, before you go back," Vandal said, as they walked through the back entrance and down into the cavern below.

Vandal noticed the guard was gone. But he didn't take much note of it, until he walked on a puddle of something. Looking down, he realized what it was. Blood. Vandal spread his Divine Awareness to cover the entire graveyard. Almost instantly, a figure came slicing down from above, holding a sword in his hand. If Vandal hadn't stepped away in just the nick of time, he'd have been torn apart.

Blasphemy. Who dared attack Vandal in his own home?! The figure was fast, and had instantly fled away to a distance, and slowly but surely, it started glowing. The entire dark cavern illuminated with his light.

No Caption Provided

"You have overstayed your welcome in this dimension, Demon. I have been sent here to eliminate you, to bring an end to your unholy existence." The figure clad in metallic gray armor and four wings on his back stated.

"How foolish of you to think you can even stand in the presence of Vandal King!" Vandal activated his reality warping aura, seeking to eliminate this intruder on spot. However, he was shocked to find some form of formless barrier around the intruder was preventing him from doing anything to it. Vandal cursed under his own breath.

"God protects me from unholy filth like you," The mysterious intruder said. "You along with this entire world must be purged from existence!" The Angel roared, charging straight at Vandal. It's presence seemed to eat away at everything, even the very air as the Angel had crossed the distance between him and Vandal in the blink of an eye.

Vandal realized he wouldn't be able to use his abilities to deal with this creature. He was forced to block the attack head on, and then managed to push him back with brute force. What Vandal felt was strength unlike any foe he had ever faced. Be it physical strength or might, this Angel seemed to rival him in every aspect.

"Who are you?" Vandal asked, finally recognizing the Angel as someone he should at least fear.

"I am one of Scion's of Gods might. archangel Ronin," The Angel replied calmly. He spread both his arms wide, and fired a beam of white energy that was enough to cover the entire graveyard. Vandal covered himself in a shield to protect himself from this attack. He felt what it was doing. It was consuming the entire dimension, so to speak. The demon energy that hung heavy in the air was being hungrily devoured. If he did not protect himself, it would be fairly disastrous.

"Run! Run as far away from this place as you can!" Vandal yelled at Kaija. Kaija was kin after all. He didn't want anyone of his kin to die.

"No creature of hell will be allowed to leave this place alive!" Ronin appeared behind them,"May your soul find peace and purification, and be cleansed in the fires of hell, and be allowed in heaven." Ronin whispered, as he fired a white laser of pure energy directed at Kaija's forehead.

Even as Vandal reacted to save Kaija from such a devastating attack, he was simply baffled as the attack apparently failed to do anything to Kaija.

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kaija

@vandal_king:

Kaija followed Vandal out of the tribal village, her mind still wrapped on the bit of Oni culture that she has learned from her visit to this strange piece of Hell. She paused when she noticed the concern on his face, then her eyes fell and found the pool of blood on the floor. She tensed and lowered her stance a bit, her eyes beginning to scan the area for threats. Oddly enough, in that moment, Kaija identified with the demons in the village behind her enough to feel as though whatever had killed the guard would show her the same animosity.

"Oh course coming here was a bad idea..." Kaija thought to herself as the lack of visible threats wore on her nerves.

As Kaija had begun to assume that whatever threats in the area had already left, a suspect fell from the sky with a murder weapon in hand, a failed attack from above directed at Vandal. Kaija's eyes barely caught a glimpse of the golden figure as it retreated after it's ambush, and after the smoke cleared she got a look at the creature. Horror overcame Kaija as she gazed upon the golden being. It appeared to be a mostly human at first glance, nothing more than a man draped in gold, but from behind its back spread two golden wings of legend. Even before the intruder opened his mouth, Kaija had seen imagery of beings like him in all sorts of media back on Earth. He was an angel, and he bore far more presence than any image of his kind ever could.

"No way, fighting Kaiju is one thing, but this is.... this is insane" Kaija thought to herself as she grew to accept exactly what it was that she was looking at. She began to back away from the strange entity and expand, an almost subconscious reaction as she prepared for the worst.

Despite the fact that it was an angel that had been attacking the two, Kaija felt far more terror in that moment than she had ever felt in Vandal's presence. This wasn't because of the display of power that the angel had shown, but rather, the implications of this being's existence that sent chills down Kaija's spine. Right now, she was on the wrong side and, to her, it seemed like heaven itself had come to punish her for simply being. She hadn't felt this sort of pressure since the events of Nebraska where she last encountered hostile gods. Kaija barely heard Vandal's words as the "angel" consumed all of her attention with its assault.

"No creature of hell will be allowed to leave this place alive!" Ronin appeared behind them,"May your soul find peace and purification, and be cleansed in the fires of hell, and be allowed in heaven." Ronin whispered, as he fired a white laser of pure energy directed at Kaija's forehead.

Kaija's heart stopped as the being fired it's deep white light at Kaija. She raised her hands to her head fully expecting death, and regretting ever putting her faith into a Lord of Demons. And yet, as the moments slowed by Kaija's adrenaline passed... she felt nothing. The cleansing rays of the golden being simply passed through her, causing no pain or discomfort to her in any way aside from the stress brought about by the entire situation. Apparently, despite what connection she possessed to the creatures in this vile world, Kaija was more human than monster after all. There was simply nothing on her person to cleanse.

Kaija opened her eyes to find that... she was okay. Unharmed in fact. She took this moment to act while she could, and had no interest in seeing the what the hostile would do next after finding that his attack wasn't as effective as he had expected. She made a short advance and then, with her grand stature, launched a backhand at the angel, using her full strength driven by the adrenaline coursing through her body in an attempt to knock the angel away as far as she could and get it out of her face.

"Vandal, I'd really like to get out of here, now." Kaija spoke excitedly, "If you have any ideas on how to do so, please tell me now!"

Vandal_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaija:

For a moment, Ronin stared at the Oni, who had somehow survived his attack. The attack was supposed to have come from God. It was energy of the purest kind that existed in the heavens. All things foul perishes. And yet, this particular demon had been unaffected by something which should've killed her instantly.

It wasn't just Ronin who at that moment appeared shocked. Vandal, who had turned around to face Ronin and wasn't able to put up any defenses to save Kaija in time, was equally shocked by what he saw. Kaija seemed just okay, despite having being pierced with Holy Energy. The attack should've killed her off the bat. And yet, Kaija was there, not even a scratch on her.

Amidst the confusion, Kaija attacked. She'd thrown a vicious back hand at Ronin. Normally, such an attack should not have landed on the mighty Archangel. However, his moment of shock allowed Kaija to connect with an attack across his chest. The sheer strength held within that strike was enough to send Ronin hurtling back into the walls of the cavern, shaking the entire graveyard. It seemed as though, the whole place could collapse at any moment.

"Vandal, I'd really like to get out of here, now." Kaija spoke excitedly, "If you have any ideas on how to do so, please tell me now!"

Opportunity. With Kaija having successfully created an opening, Vandal acted. He touched Kaija's leg, and both of them appeared at a location more than hundred thousand miles away. A hill, with red grass growing atop it. Kaija stood tall, at the top of the hill, and Vandal stood next to her, appearing as a tiny man. "Good job, Kaija."

Currently, his awareness was spread across the nigh infinite dimension, and Vandal knew that as they spoke, Ronin was heading their way. Teleporting was still something Ronin didn't seem to be capable of. It would take around a minute for him to get to where there was. Still, for the moment, Vandal paid little mind to him. Kaija's performance at the village, and what she inevitably did far outstripped the danger Ronin posed.

"Here's what you will be doing, Kaija," Vandal explained, "You are going to be fighting Ronin. His power doesn't seem to work on you. We shall use this as an advantage to bring him down. Your human body doesn't seem to be able to absorb my energy which is omnipresent in this dimension. But I can help you do that. I will flood your entire body with my energy. Just focus on bringing him down."

With Ronin speeding towards them from the horizon, Vandal hovered into the air until he was at a level where he stood right above her nose. He placed a hand on Kaija's forehead, flooding her with a good amount of demonic energy. "Now go wild!" Vandal hovered to a side, pointing towards the Angel. He only waited for the results which the demon energy would bring about in Kaija.

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandal_king:

"Here's what you will be doing, Kaija," Vandal explained, "You are going to be fighting Ronin. His power doesn't seem to work on you. We shall use this as an advantage to bring him down. Your human body doesn't seem to be able to absorb my energy which is omnipresent in this dimension. But I can help you do that. I will flood your entire body with my energy. Just focus on bringing him down."

"What!? You honestly think that I can kill an angel? Look, I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I think that..." Kaija's words were cut short as she once again felt the familiar energy run trough her.

As Vandal's influence washed over her, Kaija grew calmer and her senses more attuned to the environment around her. Unlike before when Kaija fled from the power that at the time had terrified her, she now allowed it flow through her and fill her being. It gave her strength at the cost of what she assumed to be her conscience, her humanity. Although her thoughts remained hers, as did her body, it began to change, and she began to become something.... ugly. Her teeth began to grow and bend to horrendous shapes, her horns extended and curved, her skin grew a deep blew, and her nails became claws. Above all else, she felt the change in her physique and her control. She felt lighter than air, and faster than she ever had before.

Kaija took a moment to look over her what little of her body that she could see, the horrid claws on her fingers protruding from the now damaged gloves on her hands. She knew that, at that moment, she should have been panicking. She should have hated herself for coming to this place, and the angel for driving her to such drastic measures, and Vandal for turning her into the monster that she now was. Yet, at that moment, she felt more alive than she ever had. Better in every way. Free. She looked over at Vandal and smirked, shrinking down to human size as she looked over the ends of her now dark blue hair.

"Sure, I'll fight it." Kaija replied, giving a proper response to Vandal's plan, "I see no need in destroying more of this place then I have to though. If you would, how about giving him a little reminder of where we are since I'm no longer standing above the trees."

Vandal_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaija:

"Sure, I'll fight it." Kaija replied, giving a proper response to Vandal's plan, "I see no need in destroying more of this place then I have to though. If you would, how about giving him a little reminder of where we are since I'm no longer standing above the trees."

Vandal smirked inwardly. Even if everything within the dimension was destroyed, he could just recreate it back to how it was with merely an intention. Yet, he decided to humor Kaija with her thought, "Okay," Vandal nodded. He raised his finger into the sky, and fired a big red beam of energy into the sky.

Ronin, upon seeing this, would realize where the two of them were, and immediately head over.

As it happened, Ronin had been perched high up in the sky, scanning the entire area. There was no sign of either Vandal or that demon that had just managed to escape his purifying energy. He prayed to god, asking for enlightenment, but this was Vandal's world, God couldn't interfere even if he wanted to.

Suddenly, a flash of brilliance emerged from atop a hill, covered by woods. Ronin immidiately zoomed over, with incredible speed that was enough to sweep away the entire forest, as he'd come to land in front of Kaija and Vandal.

Ronin held his sword with both his hands, and charged towards Vandal and Kaija, swinging the sword across Kaija's chest while Vandal just took a step back. This sword strike had enough force to cleave a mountain range. In no way was it something to laugh at. "This time, I will make sure you are dead and forgotten, Demon!" Ronin identified the aura of the demoness he failed to purge the first time he tried. She looked more like an actual demon now than she did before, but her aura did not change.

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kaija

@vandal_king:

Kaija's eyes trailed over to the winged creature as it arrived on the scene, it's arrival bringing about an ungodly ruckus, and it's form emitting a blaring light. As soon as she met eyes with her adversary... she lost some respect for it. This wasn't because the creature appeared weak or nonthreatening, but its behavior suggested that it was a bit... overconfident or amateurish. This particular foe was outnumbered, and he was facing an opponent that he knew nothing about aside from that fact that one of his abilities had no effect her. And yet, despite his situation, the angel made no attempts at strategy whatsoever, assuming that he had more than enough power to take on his opponents directly with no solid reason to. He didn't even attempt a surprise attack, announcing his presence and boasting upon arrival. And even worse, despite all of the power in his strike.... it was careless, and risky.

As the warrior approached, Kaija noticed that he seemed... slower than before. Much slower. She stood her ground until he reached a certain distance, then began a retreat of her own, matching the angel's speed as she moved backwards. Her eyes drifted to his blade as began his swing and watched as it approached. Just before it landed, she swayed back, and allowed the sword to narrowly drift past her, then stopped on a dime and advanced before the strike was complete and the angel could recover for another swing. With the angel's momentum combined with the speed of her own forward lunge, she burst forward and attempted to grab the angel's skull in her clawed left hand. She would push forward, and with no ground to help steady his body, Kaija would attempt to drive his head backwards, then drive the back of his skull into the ground. She would then drive a single, focused punch with her newfound strength into the center of the angel's skull attempting to shatter its nose and skull in one heavy blow.

Even while overcome by the influence of a demon, Kaija's mind and the skill ingrained into every muscle of her body persisted.

Vandal_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaija:

You will go to the Brimstone Dimension - and you will kill the thing known as Vandal King

This was the order Ronin had received from God. He needed neither reason nor resolve to make it happen. When the God commanded, he followed. He'd known information about this Vandal King. He was someone who had been going around, a self professed God. He would have fun grinding this God to dust.

Plan didn't go exactly as he had anticipated. There was someone with Vandal that he brought to the dimension. She didn't belong to the dimension, Ronin could feel it with the aura that demoness brought forth. She had felt both foreign and yet, as well as a hellish spawn. Ronin had neglected this sense of mixed disgust and compassion. However, his attack he thought for sure would get rid of her, actually failed. The demoness had some skill. She had used that moment of opening to strike him, which actually allowed the both of them to make a clean escape.

Now that he had the chance to exact vengeance, he did not hesitate. The demoness had turned into a demon who looked no different than an Oni. This was the only reason why Ronin decided to use his holy sword to begin with. She'd managed to dodge the sword, and grab his head. Ronin thrust two of his wings forward, towards the chest of the Oni Kaija, intending to tear her to shreds using brute force, as she intended to drive him into the ground, he would let it happen, in order to get the demoness close to him, making it harder for her to escape his attack unharmed.

Unbeknownst to him, Ronin was actually becoming weaker, the longer he spent close to Kaija. His strength, speed & even his reaction speeds were being faltered.

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandal_king:

There was no change in Kaija's facial expression as her opponent was driven into the ground. She hadn't forgotten what she was fighting and she was aware of her ignorance, and the fact that she knew nothing about what he was capable of. Until she saw blood, and until she knew all of his tricks, there was no reason to assume that the odds were in her favor. She leaned over and curled her fingers into a fist, winding back for a punch. Before she struck, movement from the corners of her eyes caught her attention.

She straightened up her posture as the angel's jagged wings came jutting out from both sides to impale her. She reached out and grabbed hold of both, each in one hand, then raised an eyebrow in surprise. It wasn't the angel's attack that had caught her off guard, so much as her own speed. She kept a tight hold of each feathered appendage, separating them and binding them to keep the angel pinned on his back. She took a step forward, and stomped down on the arm of the angel that held his sword, another danger that intended on removing from the equation. Finally, she struck again.

With both wings locked between her hands, and sword and arm pinned beneath her boot, Kaija stepped forward, and began to stomp on the angel's face with her free boot, sending blows far more fierce than her initial punch into his skull in an attempt to put an end to this hostile encounter.

Vandal_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaija:

Ronin, the assassin of god, someone who could flip landmasses, was being overpowered? Unacceptable! Anger flared up in the eyes of Ronin. His negation aura did not work on this demon, or it did, but its effects were being drastically reduced, and holy power did not seem to work on her.

As Ronin was pressed down and being stomped on, he cursed out aloud, "What kind of fiendish creature are you?! To be able to neglect God's wrath like it's nothing. You who should be condemned to the depths of hell. I pray you never find happiness in life, and meet your maker ahead of time!"

STOMP, STOMP, STOMP

Each step on his face seemed to twist his beautiful figure. Glistening blue blood oozed out from wounds across his face as Kaija pounded Ronin.

Behind them, Vandal laughed out loud. This was marvelous, beautiful. An Arch Angel was being pummeled by a demon hybrid, "Excellent work Kaija. Just keep doing what you are doing," He felt it. Felt the weakening Angel. If it was anyone else, there was no way they could physically overpower someone of the caliber so effortlessly. And she had yet to even use any of her other abilities. "But be careful. He may have a trick or two up his sleeve,"

Right. Trick. Ronin, who was being pounded, heard all of it. Heard what Vandal said. He called her Kaija, Ronin used his remaining two wings to slingshot himself away from the stomping foot, and tried to fly away, even if it meant losing two wings. He roared in agony as two wings got ripped from the shoulder joints as he moved back with tremendous force. Away. Away. He had moved at least 300 meters from Kaija.

"I admit. I did underestimate you, demon. But today, I shall vaporize your existence. You will taste the fires of hell in this life, before inevitable death!" Ronin removed the pendant he had wrapped around his right hand. It had a red jewel attached to the end of it. He'd directed it towards Kaija and yelled, "Release!" A magic rune would appear in front of Ronin's arm, and a torrent of pitch black fire would be released at blinding speeds towards Kaija.

This was fire from the depths of hell. It was meant to burn everything that it'd come into contact with, leaving nothing behind. No matter how durable you were, the fire was merciless, and without prejudice as to who and what it burnt. Demon nor Angel, nor any other creature in between would be capable of resisting its influence.

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandal_king:

The sound of erupting soil, splintering bone and cracking stone filled the area. The blood of an angel dripped slowly onto the ground as a demon pinned its wings and bludgeoned its face. A devil stood not too far away, laughing in a world of his own macabre design. Normally, events such as these were regarded as tragedies and disgraces. But here, the only human to mourn for the angel had momentarily forgotten who she was, and the angel's actions showed anything but grace and mercy. The sight of blood brought her comfort, and so she proceeded, driving her boot into the winged creature's face with a small grin parting her lips and passion in every heel.

"What kind of fiendish creature are you?! To be able to neglect God's wrath like it's nothing. You who should be condemned to the depths of hell. I pray you never find happiness in life, and meet your maker ahead of time!"

She ignored the angel's words, wondering why he bothered to use them for anything other than to surrender or to beg for mercy. It wasn't that she expected him to give in, but rather, he continued to exhibit that same amateurish behavior that likely landed him in this position in the first place. It annoyed Kaija. Despite being grounded, and despite one of his greatest powers holding no value in this battle, he continued to babble on as though nothing worrisome had yet to occur. Even now, he chose to insult her over acting in the interest of his own self preservation. What a joke....

"Excellent work Kaija. Just keep doing what you are doing," He felt it. Felt the weakening Angel. If it was anyone else, there was no way they could physically overpower someone of the caliber so effortlessly. And she had yet to even use any of her other abilities. "But be careful. He may have a trick or two up his sleeve,"

Kaija's eyes left the angel for a moment, confident that he lacked the power to escape her grasp as she turned to Vandal and acknowledged him. In the instant that the angel left her vision, he acted, tearing himself away from Kaija and leaving a trail of blood in his wake as he rocketed into the sky. Kaija took a moment to scan the pair of glistening wings left in her hands. She scoffed at the angel and tossed them aside, then followed his movement with her eyes.

"I admit. I did underestimate you, demon. But today, I shall vaporize your existence. You will taste the fires of hell in this life, before inevitable death!"

Kaija raised an eyebrow as her opponent boasted, wondering why he hadn't simply used his attack immediately as opposed to giving a speech. While he was speaking Kaija readied herself, prepared for a ranged attack well in advance thanks to his outspoken nature. He pointed his red crystal towards her... and fired.

Initially, the flames were effortlessly avoided. Her newfound strength and heightened senses allowing her to maneuver at speeds and with a level of control previously unknown to her. They snaked across the land, devouring flora, fauna, and stone alike. As the black fire continued to grow and swallow the land, she found herself boxed in and unable to escape the attack that continued to grow and that engulfed the land around her. She stopped moving after she realized that she had nowhere else to go, and watched the flames approach at what felt like a slow creep. She closed her eyes and braced for the torrent of flames, no time to otherwise react as the flames encroached upon her...

The sound of sizzling flesh lingered for only a moment.

Kaija opened her eyes and looked over at the small patch of burn skin on her right arm. She was as amazed as she was confused. The flames just seemed to... vanish. At least most of them anyways. Although her suit took on more and more damage by the second, the burn itself began to heal only moments after it had formed. The increased vitality granted by Vandal's power was becoming increasingly evident with each passing second. She turned to meet his eyes for a moment, both gratitude and a list of unspoken questions were obvious from the look on her face. Then, she focused her attention back onto the angel.

Kaija began to reach up to the winged creature in the sky, and only a moment later, she would vanish from her position and that angel would find a shadow looming over him. If he looked up, he would find that the very same hand that had been reaching up to him only a moment ago was now coming down upon him, eager to take hold of him. Her colossal palm blotted out the sun and the sky as her clawed fingers worked to form a deathly cage around him. If she managed to catch hold of him, she would squeeze.

She would clamp down upon his form with forces far greater than she was capable of at her human size. She wanted to cripple him; wings, legs, ribs and all. She would hold him there for a short time, and then return his body to the floor. If she had managed to catch him, she would then hurl his body right back into the solid ground.

Vandal_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaija:

The perception of a demon. How does it feel? She loved torturing her foe. She was laughing. And the demon lord so too was. Ronin took note of it all. Demon world was something he was made to despise with all his being. A land of savagery and pure evil. None of them deserved regard or the simplicity of emotions & tactics when being dealt with.

Ronin had been tutored as such. Demons faltered to his Holy Aura, that could negate reality itself. It kept him safe, safe from Demons like Vandal, who sought to corrupt the creation of Lord Almighty with the filth they bore. And thus, he had been given a fragment of Godly Presence. No being could temper with such a mighty power.

Ronin had been taught of demons. Their variety and numbers mattered little in the face of God. His arrows, his spells, his weapons, were meant to slay demons. Never would he have thought these devices given to him by his creature would be so utterly rendered useless. And the mockery of a Demon God. Curses. Ronin trembled, not in fear, but in Anger. How dare they defy GOD?!

Ronin watched, as the flames he'd unleashed, seemed to be proving effective. But his triumph lasted only a moment. As soon as it had gotten close to the demon Kaija, the flames of hell seemed to shrink, in both power and intensity. The flames gradually cooled down, turning from pitch black to a measly yellow. Ronin's despair was beyond words.

----

Vandal looked on the scene, from within a translucent barrier he erected around himself as the flames of hell drew in, seeking to consume everything. As soon as the flames made contact with Kaija's Aura, it had actually gradually expanded, 'consuming' the flames, reducing them, depowering them.

It seems, his power infused into the has given Kaija more power than normal Oni possessed, from the looks of it. Her enhanced physical abilities, vitality etc. were normal for any Oni, but the fact that Kaija could extend her natural abilities past her physical being was something that was not. It was really unique to Kaija alone. Or maybe it was because Vandal was powering her all along. Either way, it seemed to have given Kaija a second advantage over the Angel.

She was actually weakening him, just by being close to him. Vandal smiled, "You keep impressing me more and more, dear Kaija," Vandal laughed.

----

Spells. I could use spells. Ronin thought to himself. But he wasn't given the chance to remain stationary. All of a sudden, the demon suddenly disappeared. But the entire world grew dark. Was this Vandal's doing? Ronin wandered. He looked up, only to see a massive hand being brought down on him. Lord, she has grown! Ronin thought. Was this what it meant to be challenged? Ronin had never been challenged before in his life.

He'd slain a lot of demons in his life. A lot of Oni's. None of them had ever lasted this long. His use of holy energy always killed them on contact. But this demon was immune to it, where even the Demon King seemed not.

Ronin applied evasive maneuvers. He sought to evade the hand. "Don't count me out so easily, demon!" Like a bolt of lightning, Ronin flew far out of the reach of the demon. The farther he went, the stronger he felt. His felt his abilities coming back to him. His strength returning, his endurance, his speed, and his strength.

Ronin turned to face the demon. He spread his wings, which seemingly covered the entire sky as he did so, and he started glowing white.

"I, the wielder of the Arcane, shall destroy you here along with everything else in this dimension!" 7 Black colored Orbs appeared around Ronin. This was the last move up Ronin's sleeves. These black orbs were akin to black holes. Nothing could escape it's pull, while Ronin was protected from it's gravitational pull via his own Negation aura. Its influence spread around the black holes would mean even Vandal cannot do anything to stop them without having to come close to him.

----

"Eh .. it seems I'm unable to diffuse those things from here. And if they are not stopped, the future of Brimstone Dimension is in doubt," Vandal said, hovering above the trees to meet Kaija. Those spheres were absorbing light, trees, and the very land itself, increasing its spread like an ever consuming darkness. Ironic, he thought, because Ronin was supposed to be an Angel, a holy one. And yet, here he was, bringing about utter darkness. "Kaija, if you go close to those things, they should weaken. You remember what happened to the fire, right? You have the ability to reduce things in power. You see how the Angel was puny near you, but is suddenly throwing all this nigh infinite power when he's away from you? Get close enough to him, and stay there. Weaken him enough so that I should be able to strike the killing blow," Vandal suggested, slightly amused by the thought of it. He'd never imagined slaying the Arch Angel would be so easy. But with Kaija on the roster, she had the exact ability to counter this most annoying foe.

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandal_king:

The ground, the sea, and the sky all began to contort and flow towards the seven gravity wells looming over them in the sky. Kaija backed away from their power as she felt herself being drawn in; wind rushing violently past her and the forest floor beneath her feet rising into the sky and drowning any creature that somehow remained grounded in a thick smog of dirt. Even at her colossal size, Kaija couldn't see anything below her waist. Despite Vandal's suggestion, she had no desire to advance towards the black orbs of death.

Still, if what he said was true, then she needed to act. She looked down to her warped hands and focused on her palm, wishing to see for herself the power that he spoke of. What was revealed to her was not this so called power, but its effect. The winds at the palm of her hand changed direction, flowing towards the locus of her attention as opposed to the singularities with dust in the wind painting the trail. It was the same sensation that she experienced each time that she altered her own size... yet beyond herself. She stopped, her eyes narrowing with curiosity before she turned her attention towards the angel.

"Get close enough to him, and stay there. Weaken him enough so that I should be able to strike the killing blow,"

"I don't think that I'll need to." Kaija thought to herself, extending her palm towards her adversary.

She focused her influence on one of the singularities, reducing the effect of its gravitational pull until it was so weak that it could no longer bend light to produce its black color and the meager force that it exerted was overcome by the natural gravitational pull of the planet around them. One by one she repeated this, until she had completely dissolved the attack. The winds slowed, the ground held steady, and the area returned to peace. There was nothing left of the angel's magics. She then turned her attention to the angel himself, and instead of directing her influence at him, she attacked his divine aura. She worked to cripple it, to reduce it to a point at which it held no power in this world. Vandal said that he wanted to end this creature's life, and at the moment, Kaija had absolutely no qualms with his desire.

Vandal_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Vandal_King

@kaija:

Vandal was handed a pleasant surprise, when Kaija used her powers in a manner he hadn't thought was possible.'kid's smart'. Vandal thought to himself. When he had asked Kaija to handle the Angel, it was not because he himself couldn't the Angel. True, Vandal was worried. He was worried for Kaija, worried for the Oni tribe behind them.

If Vandal truly wanted the Angel to die, even if he had some reality negating aura, it would be as simple as just using the Earth and the skies against Ronin to kill him. However, Kaija's immunity to the Angel's Holy Power gave Vandal an excuse to use her in battle. To this end, she'd continued to prove herself to be useful over and over again.

When the Angel had been weakened enough, and all his infinite gravity balls were naught but specs of dust, and his supposed absolute defense was down, Vandal acted.

No Caption Provided

With Kaija having stopped her assault, Vandal spoke up, "Your time ends, God Spawn,"

He raised his hand, stretching it sideways. A flare of red lightning formed along his fingers. It slowly took the shape of Ronin. Vandal had a sinister grin on his face as he slowly crushed the avatar of Ronin in the palm of his hands.

As he did this, Ronin, standing in the far off distance, battered and bruised, and utterly exhausted, began to warp and distort. His cries echoed across the land for miles around. Flesh smeared, bones bent and broke, organs ruptured, he thoroughly bled, until finally all that remained was a pile of flesh, blood and ground up bones. The Arch Angel Ronin was no more.

Ronin, to the bitter end, had disbelief in his eyes. How was it possible for a mere demon to resist the wrath of god? The concept itself was utterly stupid and inconceivable.

Vandal turned to his accomplice, "Kaija, I think now would be a good time get you home." He said, tapping her shoulder, and stopped the flow of demon energy he had been giving her, then made sure to sap all of those energy from her being.

After a while, he opened a portal back to Earth, to Kaija's room in the military base. He would wait for Kaija to walk through, before following behind her.

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Kaija

@vandal_king:

Kaija took a deep breath and found herself at ease while the angel succumbed to Vandal's influence. She slowly returned to a human size as the the winged warrior met a slow demise floating helplessly in the sky. She turned her attention away from it and back towards her own body. Her own desecrated form. Words could not express the the plethora of thoughts that ran through her mind as she stood there gazing at her hands trying to make sense of what had been done to her and how she would progress throughout her... human life? One might assume that she was filled with rage, fear, sadness or confusion... or even bliss and malice as the one would expect from the influence of a demon. But no... nothing but awe. An overwhelming reality that leaves a person as at a loss for feelings as they were words. Later she would be able to draw conclusions from what had just happened, and with some sense of understanding would come logical emotion. But, for now, all she could do was endure her own racing thoughts. Fortunately, she wouldn't have to for long.

A single finger from her benefactor's hand tapped her shoulder, and the power that had been granted her was cleansed from her body. Kaija felt the strength and vitality leave her body, but so too did the violent urges and the corruption of her form. It took a few moments for Vandal's influence to find its way out of her body, but soon, she was able to lay her eyes on a pair of human hands. She stumbled and fell to her knees, the sudden loss of strength a bit jarring to her. She took another deep breath and calmed herself, then rose to her feet, remembering her own strength that years of physical training had provided her.

For a moment Kaija looked over that the corpse of her fallen opponent, then immediately cringed and moved away, towards the portal. She knew what she had done, but she had no desire to admit it to herself, especially now that her senses had returned to her. I murdered an angel. How screwed up is that? She pushed it out of her mind for the time and continued. A quick scan of the room on the other side of the portal confirmed that it was hers, but still, she kept herself turned away from Vandal and avoided eye contract. After a few seconds of preparation, she cracked her neck, then her knuckles, and turned to speak.

"It uh... yeah. That..." Kaija sighed, closing her eyes for a moment, then chortled for a moment as she forced words to flow from her mouth, "Should it really be surprising if I'm at a loss for words at the moment? After running into battle against the unknown enough times, I thought that I was beyond this feeling of... bewilderment. I guess not. I honestly don't know if I should be thanking you or cursing you, but one thing that I can say is that... well, I'm very happy that you brought me back to my room. Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and find that this was all dream... For now, I'd really just like to sleep and pretend that everything is normal; that I'm just dreaming and I'm actually just a mutant with some unfortunate mutations. If it wasn't real, then I'm sure I'll be seeing you later to speak again. So please go, let me have some time to myself after all of this."

Vandal_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaija:

As his strength, his power, fleeted from her being, Kaija stumbled to the ground for a moment, before she'd recollected years of strength, her own strength that she'd worked for with sweat and blood. Vandal quite admired that. Here was someone who'd been given an incredible amount of strength, and then it was taken from her but a few moments later.

Vandal remembered the torment he was put through when that had happened to himself. When the dark sorcerer @stuart_sion stole all of his abilities, Vandal was reduced to an extremely poor state of being. His memory fleeted from him, he'd lost the Brimstone Dimension, and had become like the scorched and cracked Earth that had been starving for water.

Kaija on the other hand, she took only a moment to recollect herself from had happened to her. He followed Kaija through the portal, and into her bedroom.

"It uh... yeah. That..." Kaija sighed, closing her eyes for a moment, then chortled for a moment as she forced words to flow from her mouth, "Should it really be surprising if I'm at a loss for words at the moment? After running into battle against the unknown enough times, I thought that I was beyond this feeling of... bewilderment. I guess not. I honestly don't know if I should be thanking you or cursing you, but one thing that I can say is that... well, I'm very happy that you brought me back to my room. Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and find that this was all dream... For now, I'd really just like to sleep and pretend that everything is normal; that I'm just dreaming and I'm actually just a mutant with some unfortunate mutations. If it wasn't real, then I'm sure I'll be seeing you later to speak again. So please go, let me have some time to myself after all of this."

Vandal smiled. What just happened was, Kaija had defeated an incredibly powerful Angel, with a host of abilities personally catered to herself. It was Vandal's strength, but deep within her being, it'd turned into hers. Vandal didn't quite dislike the idea either. Kaija was family, and one he'd started seeing as a kid he could adore, and shower with gifts. It'd been a long time since he was a human, and he'd never had someone he'd explicitly expressed the need, or want to care for. "This is real Kaija. I am real, what happened was real."

Vandal raised his right hand, a kind of symbol had appeared floating on his hand. The symbol, the rune, this mark, floated from Vandal's hand towards Kaija and magnified, before entering through her clothes on the back. It would attach itself to Kaija's back, "I want you to keep it. If you ever needed me for something, just think about it and I will know," It was never as simple as that. Vandal knew it. This was a means to keeping an eye on the little demon. She was far too valuable to fall into someone else's hands.

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Kaija

@vandal_king:

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEE-

Kaija woke with a start, nearly breaking her alarm clock in half as she put an end to the racket. She had slept with her underarmor on, and above the sheets. She rose to her feet and yawned, barely able to keep her eyes open and feeling as though she had gotten no sleep at all. She sat there for a moment, trying to collect her thoughts as she always did in the morning, and then the visions flooded back into her conscious mind. Kaija's eyes shot open and she brought her glove to her face. It was undamaged, and in pristine condition. She closed her hand into a fist, and then looked into a mirror. Although the curse of the devil's eyes and horns were still there... it was her face. She laughed at herself.

"Yeah, just a dream. I need to find a way to keep my mind from wandering too much if dreaming's gonna tire me out this much." Kaija thought to herself, getting up and heading towards the bathroom, "And I gotta remember to bathe and get undressed before I pass out. What the hell was I doing last night?"

Kaija undressed herself and examined her body from head to toe. Nothing. No new bruises, no new scars, nothing out of the ordinary. She shrugged and went about her morning ritual, making her bed, tidying up her room, brushing her teeth and other bits of hygiene. By the time that she had made her way into the shower and was drenched in hot water, she had already pushed that morning's thoughts out of her head and was focused on that day's itinerary. She picked up a rag and began to scrub away her impurities, and all was well for a time.

A few minutes later, a sharp pain shot through her body, and she dropped her rag.

The instant that she had reached her back, a familiar searing pain returned. She reached back to touch it with her hands, convulsing in pain at first but slowly growing accustomed to the sensation. There weren't wounds, boils, or scabs on her back... but tender, swollen flesh. She hadn't noticed it when she initially got out of bed, likely because she had grown accustomed to lying on the sore tissue all night, but now the sensation of pressure was again new. She walked out of the shower and returned to the mirror that she had used to check herself earlier, this time looking over her shoulder to check her back. And there it was.

No Caption Provided

"This is real, Kaija. I am real, what happened was real. I want you to keep it. If you ever needed me for something, just think about it and I will know"

Kaija sat there in silence for a time, compiling her thoughts while she had a moment to herself. She had been overwhelmed the night before, but the few hours of sleep that she had managed to get in did wonders for her mind and the clarity of her thoughts. She came to a simple conclusion there, and her resolve returned. The fact of the matter was, nothing had changed. From the day that she was born, up until the present, she had been ostracized due to her unusual traits. Finding out that the origin of these anomalies were due demonic ancestry as opposed to genetic mutation? Irrelevant. At the end of the day, this 'demon' was the same person who had a stable job, friends and love. Discovering some truth that had always been there... it didn't change a damn thing.

So she turned away from that mirror, walked right back into that shower, and prepared herself for the rest of her day. She still had curiosities regarding Vandal, his realm and the like, but they could wait until a later time. Right now, she had a job to do and she planned on doing it just like she had for the past 13 years.