Reconciliation is For The Weak(CVU Semi-Open RP IC)

Methodius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Methodius
No Caption Provided

Times Square New York-Noon

Methodius had made his choice of location very carefully so as to ensure the world would be able to watch as he displayed to them his true power. He needed to cement his godhood in the eyes of mortals and to him the how didn't matter. Fear was a powerful tool used by the old gods to convince the people of their power so why shouldn't he do the same. His instructions were very clear, to leave the vessel of Zeus in Time Square where the world would watch their new God King take the power he desired so strongly.

The place was crowded, people moved about like ants in a hive. Darting in and out of various structures in their blissful ignorance of just how fleeting the concept of a normal day was. For the day was about to change into something rather extraordinary even by modern standards. He allowed the purple wisps of energy that whipped and flowed beneath his feet to dissipate. Gravity took hold of his mass; pulling it towards the very top level of the red steps where he would collide with a powerful THUD. People didn't even bat an eye, they simply went on with their scurrying from place to place. A few jumped, others clapped, but a majority of the population gave him no attention at all. He would have to move on with phase two sooner then expected.

A single thought brought about a change in the location, from behind his position walls of impenetrable purple shot outwards closing any gaps where mortals could enter or exit. Vehicles began to collide with each other in a desperate attempt not to impact the purple crafts of the God King. People now turned their attention towards him, panic beginning to spread.

"MORTALS OF NEW YORK. I AM THE GOD KING METHODIUS."

His voice boomed like thunder through the crowds of individuals looking to either run for their lives or take video from behind the closest cover. Methodius however, proceeded down the steps towards the crowds. As he drew closer they began to back away with looks of fear forming on their puny faces.

"TODAY I SEEK TO PROVIDE YOU WITH ENTERTAINMENT. A BATTLE BETWEEN GODS SHALL BE WAGED IN YOUR STREETS FOR EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU TO WITNESS. AS AN ACT OF GOOD FAITH, THOSE OF YOU WHO VALUE YOUR LIVES MAY LEAVE MY WALLS AND WATCH FROM AFAR. FOR TODAY I SHOW YOU ALL WHO YOU'RE ONE TRUE GOD IS."

He snapped his fingers crafting doorways for citizens to flee through, some of them chose another option though. They were designated protectors of the people, their weapons now trained on him and their words ordering him to stop. These were guns, Methodius had encountered guns before and they were quite underwhelming. Now all he had to do was wait for Emil to deliver Zeus's vessel via aircraft as requested and the show could begin.

It was going to be a good one
It was going to be a good one

@joey_destroyer_of_worlds

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@methodius:

"Not very aware of what the people want, is he?" Blitzkrieg mused, lips pursed as he stood atop a nearby building, only to better his view of the arena. Behind him stood his armed guard, emotionless even under the thin black masks they wore. Below, Times Square, a barbaric place to perform a barbaric act - the public execution of Joey Beckham, Zeus' own Herald. Emil did not want this to occur, per say, but it was almost universally agreed that going through unsatisfactory events was truly a way to form strength, and resilience. "Dispose of his freund." He said idly, crossing his arms behind his back. The hostage that they had used to lure the half-god served his purpose. Now, he was just a witness to things that were to forever remain unseen. And plus, apparently, Joey would not live to the end of this bout, meaning no real consequences to Emil doing so.

He smiled, thin lips stretching across his face. "And let us see what favor we can earn from this God King, yes?"

_ _ _

On the Ground.

Joey was roughly pushed into the arena, landing on his hands and knees as he did so. He stood, slowly, and looked around, bewilderment across his face even after the weird German man had explained things to him. "What the..." He murmured, eyeing the walls that locked both he and Methodius where they stood. An arena.

GLADIATORIAL!

Joey nodded, as the King of the Gods within him roared. "I guess we have to..." He swallowed, clenching his fists. Now, he was just Joey. Jeans, a t-shirt, and a red sweatshirt, worn from almost daily use. Incidentally, his features were similar to those of a rodent, with his scrawniness and thin facial features, a face which showed anger and fear. Methodius was his enemy here, but whether or not he could defeat Methodius...

OF COURSE WE CAN! I SHALL SMITE ALL WHO OPPOSE ME!

Hm. Well, Zeus had decided. And thus, Joey's fear diminished, and he raised a lone hand to the skies, calling forth a lightning bolt as thick as a phone booth to strike him. Bathing him in it's light, it transformed him, turning his scrawniness to brawniness, thin face to sculpted. From mouse to lion, he transformed into the Herculean that the people had learned to love throughout a career of superheroics, and now, he stood, silk cape flowing perfectly behind him as he placed his fists on his hips.

Voice booming now with the echo of Zeus', he called out to Methodius. "Dude, this isn't entertaining unless I win. Thems the facts, you're scary, so I mean, if ya really wanna entertain 'em, let me beat you up. I'll pull my punches, don't worry." He waved a dismissive hand through the air, showing his true youth through his words. "Unless you think you beating me is gonna do it. Either way, I don't think you're understanding the difference between fame and infamy." Joey shrugged. Regardless of the God-King's flawed views, he'd answer the call to battle.

"We gonna fight or what?"

Methodius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joey_destroyer_of_worlds:

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

The God Kings laugh was a hearty one at the sight he saw before him, a boy standing to fight. What a fall from grace for a god who held the seat of God King if only for a short time. Methodius's divine aura now radiated out from him, dark wisps of energy curling off of his body like trails of steam. He extended his arms out wide like a man showing off his newest toy to the world as he descended the red steps.

"To think the once mighty Zeus resides in the body of a child. I must apologize for what is about to happen young one but blame the god who chose you to be his vehicle in this world."

As the God Kings foot took another mighty step he heard a familiar KZZZZZZCRACK. The weapon of Zeus himself a bolt of lightning spawned my the thunder gods mystical powers. A weapon that was one of the strongest among the Gods was called down upon the boys head in a bright flash that soon cleared. Amidst the smoke stood an almost completely different being; one who had a physique that rivaled the God Kings own in terms of herculean appearance.

Voice booming now with the echo of Zeus', he called out to Methodius. "Dude, this isn't entertaining unless I win. Thems the facts, you're scary, so I mean, if ya really wanna entertain 'em, let me beat you up. I'll pull my punches, don't worry." He waved a dismissive hand through the air, showing his true youth through his words. "Unless you think you beating me is gonna do it. Either way, I don't think you're understanding the difference between fame and infamy." Joey shrugged. Regardless of the God-King's flawed views, he'd answer the call to battle.

Methodius would match the booming voice of Zeus with his own in an attempt to display that he was not afraid of the old god. "I see, this is how you've stayed hidden from me for so long." He took more steps towards the Thunder God allowing the height difference between the two to become apparent. Even standing two inches shorter than the Champion of Zeus he showed no signs of being intimidated. "I'm not just here to beat you I'm here to make an example out of you. To beat you into the ground and when its all said and done I'm going to shove my hand into your chest and rip out that precious thunderbolt of yours. So to answer your question..."

The God King charged, vanishing from conventional sight and reappearing before the boy. Where he was once standing the ground itself had given way, cracks running along its surface. "Yes we are" His right leg exploded forwards looking to sparta kick Prodigy into the nearest vehicle and give chase with a sphere of dark octarine aligned with the Earth and Fire elements. This would cause the sphere to explode outwards on contact with whatever it hit. Methodius would allow his face to contort itself into a sinister smile once more, this was going to be a fun slaughter.

Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@methodius:

Joey sighed. Unfortunately, the godly being before him was blatantly stereotypical. He was the boss fight at the end of every video game. The big bad. Classical evil. A list of ways to define the type ran through Joey's mind at lightspeed, as the God King laughed and spoke. His lightning-sparkling eyes darted up to Methodius, scratching his chin carefully. "So... you're gonna entertain people by beating the crap outta me, thus making an example of me, and how people should see how powerful you are. But I mean, wouldn't that just scare people?" Joey shrugged. "I mean, people don't wanna see people beat the crap out of each other. I mean, some do, but- like- uh..." He stumbled in his words a bit, talking faster than thinking. "People wanna see their families at the end of the day. They wanna go home and watch tv. Unless you're not really sticking with the whole 'for the people' thing... I dunno, you seem a little back and forth there."

Joey couldn't say much else, as Methodius traveled faster than the eye could see to Joey's position. However, Joey could keep up, and thus, watched the being charge him. He didn't do anything to stop what happened next, as Methodius kicked him, sending him flying backwards at uncharted speeds. He crashed into one of the parked cars, setting off the alarms and bending the metal frame like a warm knife hitting butter. Before he could recover, a ball of energy unlike any he had seen before came into the mix as well, hitting him square in the chest. The car exploded, now, engulfing the boy-god in flames that could be seen for blocks around. Now, Methodius' first series of strikes had ended. Slowly, Joey stood - removing himself from the remains of the car, careful to not tear his clothes or cloak on any of the metal edges. "Wow. That was pretty good!" Joey grinned, waving a hand through his greased hair, the only thing that seemed to have been affected by the attacks. "I tell ya, when other superhumans start to come after you, they're gonna really have to group. Yknow? Like, hardcore raid boss style."

"Now, I don't want any more trouble. You tried, and it was great, but I mean, for real... lemme go."

The lightheartedness of his voice left with the last two words, and his smile now turned into a grimace. Fists clenched, slowly, and his brow furrowed. The tough guy act. And this time, when Methodius came to hit him, the King of the Gods would not wait.

He would retaliate.

Methodius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joey sighed. Unfortunately, the godly being before him was blatantly stereotypical. He was the boss fight at the end of every video game. The big bad. Classical evil. A list of ways to define the type ran through Joey's mind at lightspeed, as the God King laughed and spoke. His lightning-sparkling eyes darted up to Methodius, scratching his chin carefully. "So... you're gonna entertain people by beating the crap outta me, thus making an example of me, and how people should see how powerful you are. But I mean, wouldn't that just scare people?" Joey shrugged. "I mean, people don't wanna see people beat the crap out of each other. I mean, some do, but- like- uh..." He stumbled in his words a bit, talking faster than thinking. "People wanna see their families at the end of the day. They wanna go home and watch tv. Unless you're not really sticking with the whole 'for the people' thing... I dunno, you seem a little back and forth there."

Joey couldn't say much else, as Methodius traveled faster than the eye could see to Joey's position. However, Joey could keep up, and thus, watched the being charge him. He didn't do anything to stop what happened next, as Methodius kicked him, sending him flying backwards at uncharted speeds. He crashed into one of the parked cars, setting off the alarms and bending the metal frame like a warm knife hitting butter. Before he could recover, a ball of energy unlike any he had seen before came into the mix as well, hitting him square in the chest. The car exploded, now, engulfing the boy-god in flames that could be seen for blocks around. Now, Methodius' first series of strikes had ended. Slowly, Joey stood - removing himself from the remains of the car, careful to not tear his clothes or cloak on any of the metal edges. "Wow. That was pretty good!" Joey grinned, waving a hand through his greased hair, the only thing that seemed to have been affected by the attacks. "I tell ya, when other superhumans start to come after you, they're gonna really have to group. Yknow? Like, hardcore raid boss style."

"Now, I don't want any more trouble. You tried, and it was great, but I mean, for real... lemme go."

The lightheartedness of his voice left with the last two words, and his smile now turned into a grimace. Fists clenched, slowly, and his brow furrowed. The tough guy act. And this time, when Methodius came to hit him, the King of the Gods would not wait.

He would retaliate.

Alas it clicked in his mind that he was not staring down a version of Zeus who had chosen to hide in the body of a child but, it was a version of Zeus that wasn't strong enough to assume full control of a vessel. Once the boy had finished talking Methodius began to laugh yet another hearty laugh at the God who had fallen so far from grace. A god who was once considered one of the strongest now struggling to capture a child as a vessel was perhaps the most joyous thing he had ever seen.

Then the laughter stopped, two words had told Methodius that this boy was no longer attempting to jest with him. The childlike wonder escaped the vessels tone much like children look to escape from the dark or the monsters lying under their beds. The first hit had been a test of the vessels powers, a shot thrown to both convey a sense of cockiness and feel out exactly what he was facing here. The vessel surviving unharmed had proven that he could afford to not pull his punches without ending things immediately.

The Original Evil lowered his hands to his sides, dark octarine aligned with a new element he had yet to display to the public cascaded down his appendages. Like snakes tendrils of mauve energy flowed ensnared his arms, slithered down his palms, and extended to the ground. The surface of the Dark Octarine seemed to be moving and flowing much like water. Methodius glared towards the boy allowing his own serious tone to take effect, a tone so cold it could freeze hell over. "I don't kill children but, that doesn't mean I wont make them wish I would."

No Caption Provided

With the snap of his arm the tendril lashed against the ground with a loud CRACK, then the other did the same, again, and again he struck the ground with his tendrils of violent violet power as if they were whips. The rhythmic CRACK, CRACK, CRACK filled the air forcing small chunks of asphalt to rush up its surface. The chunks of mortal material mixed with his own corrupted weaponry in order to give them more grip which would become apparent when he sent his right tendril out allowing it to wrap itself around a vehicle. A yellow collection of steel and plastic weighing in at a few tons now ensnared in the grasp of his extending tendrils. Sparks flew as stones dug into metal granting him a firm hold on the vehicle.

While he did this he would make use of the left tendril in the same whip like fashion except this time he would direct the lashes towards Prodigy's arms and legs. Striking with whips crafted of divine power that had proven itself effective against beings this world called super. Beings like Thee Champion, Typhon, and Phtar had all in some way succumb had their dense hides pierced by Methodius's carefully crafted energies. Once he had the car within his grasp he would use that as a weapon two, it had turned his tendril into a flail. He would seek to bring the vehicle hurling through the air and crashing into the god.

Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@methodius:

"Wouldn't a better phrasing be, 'I'll make you wish I did' or someth-" Joey mused, extending his hands to the sides and questioning once more, before Methodius' whip had struck their mark, binding his arms and legs. "JEEESus, take it eas-" He began, but the truck that crashed down onto his head muffled his sound. Joey winced, slightly, more so due to the magical grips that bound him than the actual vehicle that had landed onto him. This was silly. And his foe, redundant. Thus, Joey decided to win. Closing his eyes, he transformed into lightning, to escape the grips, and fled through the car, forming once again as a man hovering atop it. Silk cape flapping in the wind, he crossed his arms, and put on the tough guy act once more.

"Now it's my turn. Are you ready?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. As one of the strongest beings on the planet, he found himself saying this more and more to muggers and low level metas that tried to mess with him, albeit it usually had no real effect. Taking off, he zoomed right in front of the God King, ignoring all the usable vehicles that his foe had attempted to use as weapons. Being hit by a car at their level was equivalent to a man being hit by a spitwad - ultimately, pointless. This, though... he thought, as he clenched his fist, this isn't a spitwad.

Grinding his feet into the asphalt, he lunged forward, driving his fist straight toward the God King's stomach with strength that would hit like a comet. On a normal man, the punch would be effective enough to completely shatter their internal organs, and most likely send their lower ribcage through their back and miles away. However, with all his talk, Joey doubted that Methodius was a 'normal human', and thus, struck away.

The punch was not all, though. As Joey struck, he would get out of his crouching position, and attempt to strike again, this time, going for the God King's face. The punch to the face was usually a finisher, but, when you intended to punch someone in the face as many times as Joey intended to punch Methodius, you wouldn't mind bringing it out early. Blows having the force to create shockwaves and shatter glass in the buildings nearby, Joey sincerely hoped they would hit. He wanted to go home.

Within him, Zeus roared, and Joey roared with him, a defiant yell to show the God King that he would not be swayed by cars and big words.

Methodius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Methodius

<Good>, the god king thought, <let it all out child and soon you'll find you're only going to make it more fun to rip Zeus from your chest. You'll only learn that when you battle me you might as well request the fates to cut your thread as all fighting me will get you is...pain.>

His thoughts never evolved into words however, they would be conveyed through the lashing of his whip like constructs once more. It would signal that he was infact 'ready' to combat the vessel of Zeus in a battle of earth shaking blows. A physical bout that would shake the very core of this city enough to allow neighboring towns to feel the vibrations. His speed was quite impressive, then again he was the vessel of the God of Thunder, and his physicals even more so. A single punch found its mark smashing into hardened flesh and enhanced muscle tissue. It sent ripples through them, the ground itself cracked from the impact of the two herculean humanoids doing battle. Shards of Asphalt turned into shrapnel that lodged itself inside of anything not strong enough to resist.

Methodius himself would have to commend the boy on the blow, it hurt. His muscular form sent sliding backwards by the impact and he honestly expected more of a fallout. Perhaps, unlike himself, this boy had a way of reducing the damage his physical blows could cause to his surroundings. He felt the amount of force move through his body signified by an involuntary "oof" and then another fist slammed into his jaw sending small streams of spit hurtling towards the ground below. This time there was a fallout, a shock wave that turned nearby windows into fragments of falling glass. Cars were sent flying away from the two, a news helicopter fought hard to save itself and still keep a shot of the action below.

"Ptwooo" The few moments of silence were broken as the sound of the God King expelling something from his mouth echoed through the city. A small white object lodged itself into the asphalt below. Black blood dripped from its four pronged end onto the ground, it was a tooth. Methodius smiled, his maw now clearly missing a moler. His teeth were stained with ebony plasma, he allowed his smile to remain as a way to show the world how strong the opponent he was fighting really was. "You hit hard but, how did you put it...oh yeah, now its my turn."

The first thing to happen would be his hands shooting out, looking to take a position behind The Destroyer Of Worlds neck and pull it towards the ground thus moving his opponents head into the path of a powerful knee rising up. A knee encased in Dark Octarine that would explode on contact, the explosion wouldn't be enough to hurt him just enough to momentarily blind a being of his caliber. At which point he would hopefully stumble backwards and Methodius would throw out a powerful uppercut. It would hit with enough force to level city blocks and hopefully allow them to take the fight to the air where Methodius could make better use of his Dark Octarine abilities.