Real Name: Connor Kane
Aliases: Reaver, Red Reaver, The Boy Wonder, Reflex, Mysteryboy
Occupation: Homeless Super-Hero
Base Of Operations: Gothic City (CVnU); Metro City (CVU).
Affiliation: Shadow Knights (CVnU). None (CVU).
Citizenship: United States Citizen
Place of Birth: Gothic City (CVnU); Metro City (CVU).
Education: Equal to 8th grade. He stopped going to school when his father died.
Marital Status: Single.
Relatives: Harold “Hal" Kane (Father, deceased), Katherine Kane (Mother). No known siblings.
Age: He’s somewhere in his teens, that’s all there is to know.
Weight: 170 lbs
Physical Form: Connor is a very handsome young teenager who is obsessed with maintaining the best possible physique. As a result, he’s more muscular than most teenagers his age and height. He has multiple scars all over his body due to his war on crime resembling gunshot wounds, knives, swords and even burns that had once wounded him.
Created by: ParagonxXx
Psyche Profile: Connor is obsessed with fighting crime due to the death of his father and having made a vow that no other boy should ever go through the loss of losing a father figure. He displays the need to be perfect, taking it extra hard when he loses. When Connor does lose, especially if lives are lost, it haunts him. Because of this, he strives to find ways to win and be the best he can be. To always be prepared is a goal Connor always strives to achieve but does not alwlays reach. Thus, he is constantly pushing himself to be better.
Connor is a loner who prefers to work by himself and hates to rely on others. Since he is a part of the Shadow Knights, he is constantly struggling to overcome this issue. The night his father died, the Connor Kane aspect of his character became a facade while the dark and grim vigilante known as the Reaver is marked as the true person.
Intelligence: 5): Genius. Unfortunately, his exact IQ is unknown.
Durability: 3): Enhanced.
Strength: 3): Peak Human.
Speed: 2) Peak Human; Equal to Bruce Lee.
Agility: 4): Peak Human. On par with the best Olympic level athletes.
Stamina: 3): Peak Human. Able to sustain peak exertion, non-stop, for 1 hour.
Energy Projection: 1): None.
Fighting Ability: 6): Master of Several forms of Combat.
Mental Power: 2): Latent and Untrained.
MUTANT POWERS & NATURAL ABILITIES
Adoptive Muscle Memory & Skill Replication: Reaver can copy any & all movements/actions after seeing it performed once, including acrobatics, martial arts and other physical stunts. By combining several forms and movements in rhythmic motions instead of using the same thing over and over again, Connor is able to learn incredibly fast.
To name one example: Reaver used this power to copy how a person aims, watching and observing multiple people and their techniques. Because of this, Connor has perfect marksmanship and never misses his targets. However, if Connor wanted to use certain weapons, he would have to watch a person fire that weapon in order to be able to copy it (such as how to fire a rifle as opposed to how to fire a bow or how to throw knives or darts).
Reaver is also able to mimic and replicate the skills and talents of others but only if he sees them perform said skills. Once he sees someone else use a skill, Connor is able to use those skills and talents as his own with the same level of skill that he saw being displayed.
Enhanced Durability: As a practiced martial artist, Connor has trained his body to be tougher than a normal human. As a result, he can take more punishment than is ordinarily possible and that would fell lesser men. Through training, he has toughened his bones to the point that he can shatter two baseball bats or a small tree with a single kick, a feat that is ordinarily impossible for a non-martial artist with normal bone strength. He can even be hit over the head with a baseball bat and only suffer either mild discomfort or a minor injury, depending on the force of the blow (: This is based on a real life example of a kick boxer who once kicked two baseball balls with his naked leg and shattered them, so this is not beyond the realm of human capability. I saw this on an episode of Stan Lee's Superhuman TV Show).
WEAKNESSES & LIMITATIONS
Human-like Vulnerability: While Connor is supremely skilled, he is still just as vulnerable as ordinary humans and he cannot replicate actual super powers or abilities, only what the human body can achieve on it’s own. He is also just as vulnerable to death, diseases and everything else other humans are vulnerable to. This can give his opponents an advantage if they decide to take it.
SKILLS & OTHER ABILITIES
Escapologist: Connor’s father has trained him to be skilled in escaping from any trap, lock or captivity, ranging from the most simplistic of handcuffs to the most elaborate of cages.
Expert Detective: Connor has excellent detective skills, able to pick up clues that other miss and use that to solve cases that most others would consider a lost cause.
Genius Intellect & Inventor: His naturally high intellect allows him to excel in computer science and more importantly as a skilled detective. Further more, Connor apparently has a firm grasp of assorted scientific techniques including biology, engineering and genetics, which he has been shown to use in his war on crime. He is skilled in: Forensics, criminology, acrobatics, stealth, disguise and escapology.
Connor also uses his intellect to invent and build various kinds of technology to aid in his crime fighting. The tech he uses is usually repurposed junk that most people throw away in the dumpster.
Indomitable Will: Connor is a very strong-willed person. He is able to overcome most forms of temptation and resist the effects of extreme pain, drugs and toxins to a great extent. Reaver is also capable of resisting all forms of mind control; only the strongest willed individuals have a chance of enslaving him.
Master Acrobat: His years of training and experience have made Connor an expert acrobat, gymnast and aerialist. He often utilizes these talents in combat for both evasive and offensive purposes.
Martial Arts Master: Connor has been trained by his father, watched countless videos of martial artists (specifically Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan), Boxing matches and the MMA. This has given Reaver a wide assortment of skills, such as Kung Fu, Aikido, Jeet Kune Do, Escrima, Krav Maga, Tae Kwon Do, Judo, Wing Chun, Hapkido, Karate, Savate, Kendo, Ninjitsu, Tai Chi, Leopard Kung Fu and Muay Thai. This makes Reaver a highly skilled combatant.
- PunchingPower: After studying a number of Boxing & Martial Arts videos, especially Rocky Marciano & Bruce Lee, Connor's punching power is very impressive thanks to his mutant power to copy the skills of others. Like Bruce Lee, Connor is able to perform Lee's famous one inch punch and send a man flying back at least 5 feet away. Just like Rocky Marciano, Reaver's punches are comparable to 1,000 foot pounds, which is equal to the power behind a .44 Magnum hand gun. The force Connor exerts with a single punch is roughly the same amount of force it would require to lift 1,000 pounds a clear foot off the ground. Meaning Connor can technically, if he really wants to, punch a 200 pound refrigerator 5 feet across the room or send it flying through the air.
- Speed & Reflexes:Connor used his mutant power to study the speed of Bruce Lee, including rare footage of Bruce's speed being displayed at slow motion in order to be able to see it. Because of it, Connor is fast enough to grab a coin in a person's open palm and replace it with his own coin before that person has to time to stop him. Connor can also punch and kick so fast, even modern day video cameras have trouble tracking his movements even with slow motion, just like Bruce Lee. Lastly, Connor studied the legendary Bob Munden and gained speed equal to him. Meaning, Connor's quick draw is 0.15 seconds, or 1/10th of a second. Like Bob, Connor can shoot two balloons, 6 feet apart, with two bullets but make it seem like he shot only one with both balloons popping at nearly the same time. Using his Shurikens, Connor can take one out and throw one as quickly as Bob Munden can shoot a gun. The blink of an eye is all it takes.
Meditation, Relaxation & Healing Techniques: Because of his father, Connor was taught how to meditate where his body feels fully rested after only two hours of meditation. This is an ancient, and nearly forgotten, technique that was taught to Mysteryman from Tibetan monks. This skill can also be used to promote healing at a faster rate. It cuts he healing time effectively in half from whatever injury he has suffered. A more extreme use of this ability is slowing down his breathing and heart rate in order to appear as if he is dead, even fooling medical instruments.
Peak Physical Condition: Through intense training, Connor has achieved peak human physical condition. He has trained his mind and body to be the absolute best it can be. His diet consists mainly of fruits and vegetables, although he does consume breads and beans at times. He typically stays away from junk food, soft drinks and pastries, describing them as doing nothing for the body because they make him slow and sluggish.
Photographic Memory: As a side effect of his mutant powers, Connor has a near perfect memory and is able to recall any memory with almost perfect clarity. Unfortunately, this also has the side effect of causing Connor to live in the past whenever he suffers a loss or a failure. This is part of the reason why he pushes himself so hard so he will not fail the next time.
Weapons Proficiency: Connor does not typically utilize weapons other than his bo staff and shurikens, but in desperate situations he wields additional weapons to ensure victory. He is proficient in wielding swords, daggers, throwing knifes, bows (along with arrows) staffs, sticks, tonfa, axes, maces and even firearms.
Other Skills: Acrobatics, Tumbling, Thievery, Sleight of Hand, Intimidation/Interrogation, Computers, Electronics, Computer Engineer, Kit Bashing, Driver: Motorcycle & Cars, Medicine: First-Aid, Anatomy, Physiology, Forensics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History, Occult Lore, Survival, Tracking, Stealth, Blending, Engineering, Basic Math, Seduction, Computer Operation, Computer Programming, Intelligence Gathering, Survival Tactics, Hunting, Swimming, Parkour, Lock Picking.
Bo Staff: This is a retractable metallic staff used by Reaver. It is used for offensive and defensive purposes, easily knocking out an average thug with a quick hit and extended out into a ballistic shield in order to block gunfire. The Bo Staff contains a silenced rifle that fires non-lethal rubber bullets inside of it and could eject a dosage of electricity. The Bo Staff can also do a Special Combo Takedown where Reaver jumps in the air, soars down, slams his staff onto the ground, creating a shockwave of electricity that erupts from it which stuns any enemy within its radius. Connor can seperate the Bo Staff into two individual parts to create Escrima Sticks, which he sometimes uses in combat. Connor can use these to ricochet off the walls and into enemies, which make them vulnerable to takedowns. The Escrima Sticks can also deliver non-lethal short electric bursts.
Grapnel Gun: The grapnel gun allows Reaver to traverse rooftops, giving him a boost to glide higher and further. The grapnel is a magnetic, gas-powered, grapple that shoots out a claw shaped projectile on a retractable high-tensile cord which grabs onto a surface pulling Connor to his target in order to scale sheer surfaces and/or swing across gaps. A later boost upgrade launches him high into the air above the target point if he desires (so Reaver can glide from there). The grapple can also pull down structurally weak walls, grab enemies and pull them closer or pull weapons straight out of a opponents hands; The following items are components of the Grapnel:
- De-Cel Monofilament Jump Line: Slows Reaver’s fall the further he descends. Remarkable strength, supports up to 400 lbs indefinitely and 800 lbs for shorter periods.
- Launching Grappling Hook: Fires a hook that snaps open after firing and clamps shut once the button at it’s joint hits it’s target. Contains 200 ft. of de-cel cord.
- Wall Penetrating Grappel: Fires diamond-bit piercing darts that can attach up to a Remarkable material. Contains 200 ft. of thermoplastic line (Incredible strength, can support up to 600 lbs).
Reaver Body Armor: The armor Connor wears is a ergonomically articulated combat armor that is electronically cooled, made of Nomex fire-resistant material. The tri-weave body armor also consists of an outer and inner layer made from an ultra-lightweight tri-weave kevlar fiber mesh. The armor offers Connor his full mobility, making it very effective against small arms fire and ordinary bladed weaponry. However, the armor will not stop higher caliber bullets, armor piercing rounds or more advanced bladed weaponry.
The armor has non-reflective black, red and yellow coloration with internal heat baffles, which provides blending in low-light/darkness and supresses Reaver's infra-red heat signature, making him hard to spot with thermal, heat and infrared scans. There is also a built-in throat microphone/broadcaster unit that scrambles and augments his voice.
Reaver Boots: The soles of Reaver’s boots are made from lightweight rubbers and are much more flexible to allow for full extension when kicking. The boots feature a unique "slingshot" ankle reinforcement design that acts as both armor and as reinforcement for the ankle joint when kicking or landing from high distances. The bottom is a flexible split sole design and is textured for a variety of surfaces. The boots also have steel toes, making them much more effective when on the offensive. Connor's boots can also store various small item, such as lockpicking tools.
Reaver Cape: Reaver wears a cape that is made of Nomex fire-resistant material and lined with triple-weave Kevlar. The cape can be made rigid with an electrical current provided by the microprocessor power source stored in his utility belt to emulate gliding. It’s points are also weighted for use as an offensive weapon.
Reaver Gloves: Connor’s gloves are reinforced along the knuckles, metacarpals, fingertips and palms effectively making them blunt weapons which allow Reaver to inflict extra damage in a slugfest while in combat. On each glove are three bladed scallops which can serve as climbing spikes, sword breakers and when unlocked they can be launched at a single target as high tension spring loaded darts. When successfully blocking long melee weapons, such as swords and staves, Connor may make a grabbing feat to disarm or break the opponent's weapon. Reaver's gloves can also store various small items, such as lockpicking tools.
Reaver Mask: Connor’s mask has white lenses that cover his eyes, giving him Night Vision lenses that collects & focus ambient light, permitting normal vision in darkened areas. The mask also has a taser built into it, which delivers a low-amperage electrical shock to anyone who tries removing it. This taser is good for three uses before needing a recharge.
Utility Belt: As Reaver, he never goes into action without his utility belt. Equipped with 16 pockets. A failsafe in the belt will cause it to explode and be completely destroyed should the buckle or pouches be opened incorrectly. The utility belt contains a wide array of devices such as:
- Acetylene Torch: A strong miniaturized laser used as a cutting tool.
- Aerosol Sprays: Reaver carries a number of aerosol sprays in his utility belt. A fog spray fills a small area (10x10ft) for 10 minutes, Electronic Device Spray which disables electronic devices for 10 minutes and a Quick-Acting Knockout Spray which renders the target unconscious for 3hrs and without any memory of the first 5 minutes preceding the exposure.
- Capsules: Reaver likes being prepared for as many scenarios as possible, so he keeps a number of capsules in his utility belt. A knockout gas capsule fills a 25ft area that knocks out anyone caught within for 2hrs and causes them to lose their memory of the first 5 minutes that preceded exposure. A Regurgitive Capsule fills a 25ft area that causes those within the area to become violently ill for 10 minutes and throw up. A Tear Gas Capsule fills a 25ft area and causes those within to cry profusely and unable to see properly.
- Chaff Grenades: Each single grenade contains millions of reflective filaments designed to reflect and baffle lasers and light energy.
- Crime Scene Investigation Kit: Contains sample bags, blood-drying bags, fingerprinting kit, odor-analyzing chromatograph and independent detachable video camera. Linked directly to Reaver's uniform and the computer at his HQ.
- First Aid Kit: Mini medical kit to treat basic trauma related injuries.
- Flashbang Grenades: These are non-lethal grenades that, when they explode, create a flash of light so bright that it temporarily blinds anyone without adequate eye protection.
- Hand-Cuffs: Based on police-issue Ty-Cuffs, these restraint devices are made of sapphire-impregnated nylon with a stranded metal cable center.
- Incidentals (normally always carried): Keys, money, lock picks, mini-cell phone, antitoxin assortment, signal flares, wireless listening devices, small halogen flashlight.
- Line Launcher: This allows Reaver to traverse long gaps and he can even use it as a tightrope or a perch should he desire to do so. He can even change direction by firing the line launcher again in a different direction.
- Mini Computer: A little larger than a typical cell phone, this operates as a standard personal computer. It’s equipped with fax modem, GPS system, minidisk rewritable drive and has access to Reaver’s HQ Computer via microwave link.
- Shurikens:The Shuriken is a boomerang-shaped weapon that Connor uses as an offensive, non-lethal, weapon. Reaver can throw up four shurikens at the same time. The shurikens do posses a sharp enough edge that is capable of cutting simple strings and rope.
- Smoke Pellets:An extremely fast acting smoke pellet when smashed against the floor, Reaver uses this when he needs to make a quick get-away unseen. He can also use this tactically in combat by making it impossible for his opponents to see and take them down.
- Tracer Devices: In case Reaver needs to track targets and follow them, he has a number of tracing devices to help him out with that. Each tracer is less than an inch in diameter and has 3-mile range.
- Universal Tool: Used to aid in electronics work. Tip contains various Phillips and flathead screwdrivers, wrenches, lock picking device, drill bits and other implements. Inside the base are full lineman's kit, multiline analyzers, cell phone analyzers and other electrical analysis gear. Can record and play back audio and video signals. Tool can be safely used as a hammer.
The Hole: This is Connor’s base of operations in Gothic City (CVnU) and Metro City (CVU). Using and repurposing thrown away junk, Connor has turned pieces of scrap into workable labs for creating the many gadgets he uses in his crime fighting, testing evidence to solve crimes and pretty much everything he needs for his purposes. He has also used his genius to repurpose various thrown away computer junk to create a surprisingly powerful super computer to aid him in his war on crime. It is capable of hacking into various computer networks in order to glean any information he needs, as well as assist him in his lab work. Connor has made sure that his computer is as untraceable as possible, bouncing it’s signal to thousands of network relays all across the world. This makes it incredibly difficult to locate where his computer is or what is IP address happens to be.
Connor’s only vehicle he has here is a souped up motorcycle, red in color, with a yellow “R” painted on the gas tank. This motorcycle was once his father’s and was given to him as a gift. The motorcycle is capable of dumping an oil slick to cause any pursuers to crash and dumping out sharp metal objects to cause flat tires. The motorcycles own tires are re-inflatable upon a single voice command. It can go from 0-60 in 2.8 seconds and has a top speed of 180 mph.
- : I might create a more detailed description of this location in my blog at a later date. For now, please consider the normal CVnU/CVU forum rules. This location is hidden within the city and it’s by invitation only that anyone will come to be here. If you wish to find out where it is or find it’s location, please ask me for permission first. Also, please don’t destroy it either. Thanks.
Connor Kane was born and raised in Gothic City. As the son of the vigilante known as Mysteryman, Connor adopted a costumed identity of his own once he became old enough. Around this time, his powers as a mutant emerged which gave him the incredible power to replicate any skill he sees, as well as any action performed by others. It did not matter if he saw it in person or on television. As Mysteryboy, Connor was trained by his father on how to fight crime, build and maintain his own equipment as well as the skills needed to bring justice to a lawless city.
At first, Connor’s mutant powers made him arrogant. He essentually could do things just as well as everyone else. With a bit of practice, he became better. This created in him a superiority complex, which Connor’s father found a bit troubling. Lessons were ignored in many attempts to convince Connor that his powers did not make him superior to anyone. It would seem that Connor would have to learn his lesson the hard way.
Unfortunately, Gothic City was destroyed and with it all sembelance of a normal life. Unknown to Connor, Mysteryman was murdered by two assassins. After twenty years of fighting crime, Mysteryman had met his match. So many questions were left unanswered. Why was Mysteryman murdered and who wanted him dead so badly as to send two highly skilled killers to do it? Either way, Connor did not know about this murder because he was told a lie and that his father died when Gothic City was destroyed by an alien invasion, then covered up by blaming a terrorist for it’s destruction.
The destruction of Gothic City was Connor’s crucible. At the time, he was in Metro City visiting his mother who had divorced his father some years prior. Connor took his father’s death extremely hard and he still has yet to come to terms with it even to this day. The day Connor’s father died was the day that the boy known as Connor Kane died as well. No longer would he be the boy who thought he was better than everyone else. No longer would he be Connor Kane. Forever and always would he be known as Reaver. He would be one with the night, he would be vengeance, he would be justice. On the day his father died, Connor swore he would do his best to make sure no more sons lost their fathers. Connor Kane became a facade while the dark and grim personality of Reaver became the true person. The lesson his father tried teaching him, about not being superior to anyone, finally hit home.
Connor would, unfortunately, suffer another blow when his own mother was submitted to a mental asylum for reasons that remain a mystery. She would go on to become one of his deadliest of enemies, unknown to her that she was fighting her own son. Utterly insane, Connor’s mother has taken on the persona of a clown and causes random acts of choas whenever she is loose in Gothic City. To this day, Connor seeks to rehabitilate his mother and one day restore her sanity. He is also seeking answers to why she went insane in the first place.
As the newly emerged crime fighter known as Reaver, Connor has spent the last few years in Gothic City waging his own war on crime. He fights with a tireless zeal bordering on obsession. He fights to honor the memory of his father and to bring justice to those who have none. The media have labeled him as a dangerous vigilante while other media outlets have named him a bona fide hero.
Connor’s CVU history is basically the same as above, except that he was born and raised in Metro City. His father also was not murdered by assassins, but instead he met his end when Mysteryman saved Metro City from a mad bomber who was about to blow it up. His mother still went insane and is currently locked up in a mental insitution in Metro City. He’s also not a memberr of the Shadow Knights team since that team does not exist in the CVU.