- Grimmwald refuses to wear armored battlesuits that offer significant protection as he believes doing so will cause his defensive striking and defensive grappling to deteriorate. He prefers to improve as a martial artist and warrior while incorporating the exotic techniques of the Arcani and Keijijo to develop a means of greater defense as opposed to relying on armor.
- His primary means of defense is a combination of his hyper-sensitive dermis' ability to sense the vibrations from even the slightest movements, his superhuman coordination and his recently developed Mastery of Oneself state from the Damned Monks of the Keijijo Clan, enabling him to avoid threats far more effectively than before. He also incorporates a combination of his shadowbinding power and the Khaba Strigidae skill to avoid attacks he cannot simply dodge through his near-supernatural movement, timing and martial skill.
- Grimmwald refuses to wear armored battlesuits that offer significant protection as he believes doing so will cause his defensive striking and defensive grappling to deteriorate.
I like it. It shows how dedicated he is to his martial skills.
- Heiji prides himself on being a sort of 'repo man' for Yazhun, though an agreement on such a job has yet to be set in stone.
- He often calls Yazhun 'nephew' just to get under his skin.
- The tattoo covering his back depicts a man carrying an enormous temple bell on his shoulders through a stormy sea.
- Heiji will revert to a shriveled body more appropriate for his age when the Red Curse punishes him for not ingesting enough blood. Even in this malnourished state, however, Heiji is still very dangerous. He will often use this to his advantage when eluding police officers.
- While his body is practically a walking tank of human flesh, his grip strength is particularly honed.
- Richard has gained a lot of experience as an investigator in recent months but Grimmwald's turn toward the dark side has brought him the most challenging case of his life.
- How do you track someone who can change his face and appearance as completely as Grimmwald?
- How do you track someone with absolutely no digital signature? There is simply nothing to hack because Grimmwald doesn't use electronics at all.
- Not only that but Grimmwald is paranoid to the extreme. He won't make a little mistake or slip up on a small detail. He is as close to a ghost as it is possible to become.
- Richard sometimes wonders if his lost brother is simply untraceable.
- Currently, The League of Shadows have no official HQ. Instead, The League now largely operates as cells stationed all over the globe.
- Vincent set this into motion following Ali's purge of the Monastery and it's subsequent destruction.
- He did this as a safety procaution. No matter what happens, an element of the LoS would survive. Vincent doesn't know where all the cells are located. He can't. This way, he can't unwillingly give away information.
- The leaders of these cells have been tasked with several assignments. Most revolving around recruiting and training a new generation of Shadows. Ones that believe in preserving the balance man, mutant, magus, and meta.
- Some of these cells do take on contracts.
- Others have infiltrated Mercenary companies that operate in third world countries.
- These infiltrators are assessing these mercs as potential candidates for the League. But should they fail, and be judged corrupt. Then their sentence is death. Should the sentence be carried out, then whatever arms these soldiers of fortune have acquired over the years will be taking as a consolation prize.
- The Devil's Head himself, is preoccupied with hunting down whatever information he can find on the Lavaliers.
@humansfirst: Hehehe, yes. I am working on so much projects, it’s crazy. I have ADHD, so my mind is always jumping from one project to the next and thinking of more stuff for the future. I scraped the villain, I was creating btw. I just couldn’t see him making it long term. But to answer your question, there will be one character made who has ties to both of those cities. Surprisingly, I already came up with the story for him and it’s as good as Shieldmaiden’s story.
Aw. Trust me, there is still much for me to learn, like a lot. I need to dive more into Ancient Greece and Scandinavian history, etc.
Due to the circumstance with Humans First and the Nihonto Khan, Valentina left Madripoor for Japan and has been unable to complete the task Yazhun foisted upon her.
She once more incurred a significant cost - in both money and other resources - to be smuggled out of her homeland, in the hopes that [one way or another] it would pay off when her true purpose was fulfilled.
- Richard inherited his mothers X-gene. The x-gene runs in the family and is stable; Ivana inherited it from one of her parents and passed it down to her son, who will pass it on himself without any changes. The x-gene and the powers it imparts are always the same.
- The use of those powers, however, is not. It takes a great deal of training and experience to use the power (tachyon control) to its full potential. Ivana was an experienced user and Richard couldn't come close to replicating some of her abilities.
- When he departed the Strigidae his powers suddenly vanished. He has done a blood test and his x-gene is still present and according to all of his research there is nothing biologically wrong with him.
- Had to overcome a childhood fear of heights in order to properly train, and ultimately employ, the Phantomshell's aerial riggings, harness, and cables.
- Can neither confirm or dismiss the idea that his sister was killed during the assault on the Khan
1. Helena faced a traumatic experience growing up, which resulted in the fear of leading others. Despite this, she is a gifted leader.
2. Despite her hatred toward leading others, she seems to naturally and unintentionally take the responsibility of a leader as seen in War and Monsters.
- Interesting enough, his superhuman gifts have no known origin, neither being a mutant nor meta-human.
- Therefore, Reginald dubbed himself a "para-human" due to having arachnid-like abilities despite not carrying an X-gene or Meta gene nor suffering through a traumatic freak accident like most meta-humans undergo.
- His abilities were always present, even as a child, although to a lesser extent.
- Has been a reporter for the Beacon since 2001, and has posted some widely acclaimed articles since then.
- He was due to receive a Pulitzer for a piece on Gothic City in 2005, but was snubbed due to "in-house politics". It was widely speculated that Drake didn't receive the award due to his appearance.
- Has been shot three times in his career.
- Is fluent in Spanish and French. And somewhat speaks Japanese and German.
- Has had many superhero informants over the years.
- Always walks around barefoot, as there isn't really any show that fits duck feet.
- Whenever his danger sense goes off, Reginald refers to it as "vibing."
- Is able to keep track of eight to ten different objects/opponents with his coordinative abilities alone. Possibly even more.
- Does not have the conventional danger sense that most arachnid-based heroes sport, but is able to detect feint vibrations and movements in the air around him up to several hundred meters, allowing him to gauge the distance his enemy/target is away from him.
- However, this isn't what he is referring to when he "vibes," only an aspect of it.
- Possesses a unique variation of precognition and an unconventional form of clairvoyance that comprise an important facet of his "vibes."
- After killing Niko San'Vun, Grimmwald had her corpse reanimated. At the moment, she serves him as a lifeless but loyal thrall.
- Though he captured and tortured Valentina in a bid to break and turn her into a fearfully loyal associate, he is still wary of any potential resistance or defiance she may have.
- Has not only grown more brutal and cruel, but has developed a fascination with the world changing deeds accomplished by the likes of Ivana, which only further justifies his belief that heroes accomplish nothing while greater people, avengers and those with the cold blood to make the difficult decisions, accomplish far more.
- Superion isn't a threat to society unless he turns evil. He's a PERSON with dreams, hopes and ambitions for a better tomorrow.
- Superion prefers vanilla over chocolate.
- Superion used to be an actor.
- Superion used to be married, but his wife died tragically.
- Superion has never had children but plans to in the future.
- Does not ever intend to reconcile with Richard or Ashley, as he believes they would never accept his methods. However, he feels that Tessa could be convinced.
- Intends to find and kill Alpha Dog.
- Though Grimmwald brutally targets murderers, terrorists, gang leaders and so on, he has developed a contempt for heroes with traditional ethical standards as he believes that in stubbornly clinging to subjective morals e.g. self-imposed no kill rules, they limit and mortify their ability to properly and efficiently tackle threats, specifically those that demand that difficult decisions be taken. Decisions that often conflict with the self-imposed ideals of heroes but yield greater overall benefits.
- As a result, he is a strong believer in the "needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" philosophy. He is therefore willing to commit horrific acts of violence and brutality such as torture or skinning his enemies and publicly displaying either their skinned flesh or their skinless bodies as a warning to criminals, terrorists etc. His rationale for using terror tactics is that it propagates a culture of fear that will leave murderers, super villains etc. terrified of the consequences of crime, enough so that crimes rates will drop.
- Because of this, he has no qualms killing or using the extremes of violence to achieve his goals. He reasons that it is a small price to pay for decreased rates of crime and villainy.
Equipment destroyed by Grimmwald:
- Both Desert Eagles
- Armor-plated jacket
- Kevlar vest
- Lockpicking kits
- Bladed throwing cards
- Throwing knives
- Survival knife
- Grappling hook
- The telescopic spear she stole from Xiandra
Valentina's TAC-338 sniper rifle was left on the rooftop with Hagen and crew before she entered the Khan to warn Yazhun. Thus, while it has not been destroyed, it's probably been picked up and moved by now, and is considered lost.
- Received his face wound in an explosion during his last contract for the Confederate States.
- Has cataracts in his right eye as a result, but has still proven to have incredible accuracy with just one eye.
- Had a sister, Alberta Briggs. She was sold to a traveling brothel of sorts when Albert was twelve (Alberta being sixteen at the time), and never saw here again.
- Speaks fluent Oneida and Cree.
- His original (before time travel) body count was estimated around 370.
- While he used many different revolvers early in his career, Briggs finally stuck with a pair of Colt Dragoon revolvers. The same revolvers were on him when he was "hired" by Chrono Trust. They have since been upgraded into plasma-bolt weapons, but still look to be identical to the original Dragoons. Briggs still pulls back the single-action hammers to charge each shot, but never has to reload.
- Still carries a confederate cavalry knife on him at all times.
- Every horse that Briggs has owned in his life have been named "Striker".
- Ever since he has been under the employ of Chrono Trust, Briggs has seemingly ceased to age. The method in which he was pulled from his own time and placed in others has left his physical age suspended. This would presumably cease when Briggs is placed back in his proper timeline.
Please Log In to post.