#201 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4121 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: I think Zafir is probably gonna be ok, he can right now sense everything exactly as it occurs and his elemental manipulation and alchemy are good enough to survive I think. Though some extra durability is always useful. But it's my troops that are getting killed lol, first Gaige now Vael is doing it. If you could somehow lessen that damage in any way that would be incredibly useful. As long as it doesn't free up contingency, you stalemating her has helped us a lot.

#202 Posted by _Gaige_ (515 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say wait a bit before anymore Vandal stuff though, give time to reply and sell etc

Prob doesn't need said but just in case

#203 Posted by Contingency (6996 posts) - - Show Bio

Vael should be fighting Vandal not Kaija ?

#204 Posted by lowlaville (10224 posts) - - Show Bio

@_gaige_ said:

I'd say wait a bit before anymore Vandal stuff though, give time to reply and sell etc

Prob doesn't need said but just in case

I'll wait for all the replies before any more posts, but this is just me planning on ahead.

#205 Posted by lowlaville (10224 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: I think Zafir is probably gonna be ok, he can right now sense everything exactly as it occurs and his elemental manipulation and alchemy are good enough to survive I think. Though some extra durability is always useful. But it's my troops that are getting killed lol, first Gaige now Vael is doing it. If you could somehow lessen that damage in any way that would be incredibly useful. As long as it doesn't free up contingency, you stalemating her has helped us a lot.

That's more or less what I have in mind. Vandal is extremely tanky and support type when he wants to be.

#206 Edited by Contingency (6996 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: Hey so am I!

Seems Vandal's trump is his debuff and regen while Contingency's is Precog and another ability she's yet to use.

#207 Posted by lowlaville (10224 posts) - - Show Bio

@contingency: It's not a regen.... his body is really dying when you kill it.

#208 Posted by Contingency (6996 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: Bro your skull got blown apart, I think that counts as regen or atleast a sort of type of regen :P

#209 Posted by The_Girl (127 posts) - - Show Bio
heel turn, redirected spear, and punches similar in force
heel turn, redirected spear, and punches similar in force

however both are at the cost of her arms like they got wrecked lol

more posts coming soon

#210 Posted by Arenaceus_ (341 posts) - - Show Bio
im back!
im back!

with some hacking

and some of this!
and some of this!

except I'm ever so slightly prettier then S Jackson

#211 Posted by _Razor_ (653 posts) - - Show Bio
kept that one short lol
kept that one short lol

basically just calling Z out wanting a fight from him, no magic just the natural talents of man and mutant

#212 Posted by Zafir_Karim (352 posts) - - Show Bio

Little bit of a summery:

•Got out of the ground and had to turn Vaels spear into a gas and redirect it, because it had gotten aimed at him, but due to the short time span still got damage to his ears due to the change in space.

•Got partially hit by Aren, and his forces lost communications presently.

•Officially assaulted the demons summoned by Vandal using ice, as well as more soldiers in the base.

•Generated an EMP directed at anything that wasn't his own forces.

I think that's all he did aside from decide he can't consider Vandal an ally unfortunately due to the demons, which were literally a huge part of the reason he was in this situation in the first place actually.

#213 Posted by _Gaige_ (515 posts) - - Show Bio

Gona wait till Kaija posts

All attacks to come likely aimed at Z

#214 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4121 posts) - - Show Bio
@_gaige_ said:

Gona wait till Kaija posts

All attacks to come likely aimed at Z

Yeah kinda figured something like that would happen.

#215 Edited by Phant4sm (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Little bit of a summery:

•Got out of the ground and had to turn Vaels spear into a gas and redirect it, because it had gotten aimed at him, but due to the short time span still got damage to his ears due to the change in space.

•Got partially hit by Aren, and his forces lost communications presently.

•Officially assaulted the demons summoned by Vandal using ice, as well as more soldiers in the base.

•Generated an EMP directed at anything that wasn't his own forces.

I think that's all he did aside from decide he can't consider Vandal an ally unfortunately due to the demons, which were literally a huge part of the reason he was in this situation in the first place actually.

Nice! Let's see how Vandal will react.

#216 Posted by _Razor_ (653 posts) - - Show Bio
you don't impress me
you don't impress me

Razor talked some smack got hurt, then tried more stabbing via kick and punch

will try and get to other posts after work

#217 Posted by Neon_Leon (2475 posts) - - Show Bio

They grow up so fast! :')

#218 Posted by _Gaige_ (515 posts) - - Show Bio
coming soon
coming soon

not really sorry for delay though this time :P got like 4 alts in this and ideas for all of em.

#219 Edited by _Gaige_ (515 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm prob gona wait till home cause I might want to add art or gifs

But I do have Gaige's post written :D...now to write three more posts lol

Correction Gaige and Razor's, two left

#220 Posted by Maverick_6 (8840 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#221 Posted by Zafir_Karim (352 posts) - - Show Bio

@maverick_6:
Well there went my chance. Knew it was over the moment I saw you post. They don't seem a huge threat to Zafir, but the army was already having enough trouble with Vael and what Gaige did to them. Now a ton of them are just screwed.

@kaija: We're gonna have to retreat in my next post. We lost, especially now that Zafir is against Vandal the only present heavy hitters on our side are you and me, while the enemy has at plenty. I can probably save some of the soldiers but I think this is over.

#222 Posted by Arenaceus_ (341 posts) - - Show Bio

@maverick_6:

Welcome aboard! Also great post ^.^

I might not get around to editing the already written posts though much XD I've written up 3 of the 4

Also also for what's it worth I am ever so slightly sorry for the sheer amount of attacks that be coming your way AL lol

#223 Posted by Zafir_Karim (352 posts) - - Show Bio

Should I wait for Gaige and the others because I already know what actions we have to take after this.

Also, where is Cognus? He hasn't posted since lichter left the battlefield.

#224 Edited by Arenaceus_ (341 posts) - - Show Bio

@zafir_karim:

Yes wait xP

I've spent hours on these posts. Regardless of how effective they are I gota drop these bombs

The one regret of Vex as president is Vex time is almost as bad as Mercy time ?

#225 Posted by Zafir_Karim (352 posts) - - Show Bio
#226 Posted by Arenaceus_ (341 posts) - - Show Bio

the posts are done, the shift is nearly over. Get ready cause in like an hr 2 tops, it's reading time

?

#227 Edited by Contingency (6996 posts) - - Show Bio

@maverick_6: So like, you're part of team defense right?

#228 Posted by Maverick_6 (8840 posts) - - Show Bio

@contingency:

Nope.

I'm launching an attack, as a PMC, against United Nations sanctioned, world superpower.

#229 Posted by Contingency (6996 posts) - - Show Bio
#230 Posted by Maverick_6 (8840 posts) - - Show Bio

@contingency:

On the real, no. Why would I be? I'm only attack the Knights and demons.

#231 Posted by Contingency (6996 posts) - - Show Bio

@maverick_6: Oh well yeah what I meant there was two groups here

People attacking French Base

vs

People defending against the attackers.

#232 Posted by Maverick_6 (8840 posts) - - Show Bio
#233 Posted by Contingency (6996 posts) - - Show Bio
#234 Edited by Lichter (5753 posts) - - Show Bio

COE Response

@everyone

The COE -1 were called in because of a few issues with the RP. The primary issue with the RP is that it could very easily be classified as derailed by @lowlaville's space-time warping attack and sudden change in motivation, from aiding Zafir to combating him. A further issue was that Vandal King's bio was not easily accessible, and when read, it has only a sentence-long description of reality-warping power. To be clear, it is not the character's presence derailing the RP, but rather the use of this ability. While it is true that @contingency's high-tier abilities are what prompted Vandal King's upping of the ante, it is also clear that Contingency was not outside of her bounds in using these abilities. They were cleared to enter the RP and it seemed reasonable for them to do so given past character motivation. Vandal King, on the other hand, had little reason to be involved.

As far as official CVU rules go, @sir_barton suggested that they were being broken. That seems a little far; it'd be more accurate to say they were bent. The two relevant rules that have been infringed upon within the RP are:

CVU-Specific Rules, Rule 5:

• Solutions to problems posted in RPs must take effort and make sense. Furthermore, opportunities for others to contest a character's actions must be given, particularly with regards to villains instigating conflict.

Basic RP Rule, Rule 1 Subpoint 2:

• It is also important to consider narrative. In a large-scale narrative with a grand villain, they might not hit the floor in the first round so as to preserve the integrity of the story. So long as a post is well-written and works within the context of both the setting and narrative, one might waive the apparent act of no-selling so long as the attack is acknowledged.

The bending of these rules seems to be what has caused the most contention, along with the derailment of the story. Several writers expressed that with the inclusion of actions such as reality warping the entire setting of the RP without permission and healing another's wounds (a form of godmodding) without permission have detracted from enjoyment of the RP. It's eminently clear that locking the surrounding area in space time using a god tier character immensely derails the story and is a form of godmodding. In future RPs in this arc, such as subsequent France campaign actions, these actions and actions of similar magnitude absolutely cannot be taken.

As far as solutions for the current RP, the offending actions may be ignored by other users if they so choose. We're not asking that they be deleted or edited, or that the RP's canon be retconned. What we are asking is that in the future, these actions never happen in the first place. Finally, let it be known that ignoring another user's actions goes largely against the philosophy of the CVU. We instead desire to clearly inform users of when they break RP rules and / or norms, so that they might know what they've done wrong and can improve in the future.

To summarize: nothing is being changed in the RP, though users may ignore @lowlaville and @contingency's more "god-moddy" actions if they so choose. In the future, either different characters ought to be used, or they ought to be used with more restraint.

#235 Edited by Zafir_Karim (352 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter:

Hmm, I will most certainly need to pay attention so I don't end up making the same mistake. Although I did already do the healing thing which I was unaware counted as godmodding, so I'll have to make sure not to do that again.

#236 Posted by Lichter (5753 posts) - - Show Bio

@zafir_karim: It wasn't in reference as much to you, but rather someone else who got healed by Contingency. No worries AFAIK, it's between you and whoever got healed.

#237 Edited by Contingency (6996 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: Umm who did I heal?

I don't recall healing anyone at all, all I did was get hit by Vandal then have some of my powers (Infact my healing works via temporal manipulation so I couldn't have healed anyone because Vandal locked time manipulation out) canceled before cloaking Gaige.

#238 Edited by Lichter (5753 posts) - - Show Bio

@contingency: My error, I thought you buffed someone. I'll re-read it.

#239 Edited by Contingency (6996 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: Btw if you're referring to what I did with Gaige I got permission before hand in a pm to cloak and even mentioned it here in the OOC.

#240 Posted by Lichter (5753 posts) - - Show Bio

@contingency: There was some contention over Contingency's appearance in the RP itself but I saw little issue with it. Anime bias, like we mentioned earlier. Random motivation, you know. Nothing has to change in the RP, as mentioned above.

#241 Posted by lowlaville (10224 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: He's bailing. So problem fixed.

#242 Posted by _Gaige_ (515 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

Post one!

#243 Posted by _Razor_ (653 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

Post two!

#244 Posted by The_Girl (127 posts) - - Show Bio
post 3!
post 3!

#245 Edited by Arenaceus_ (341 posts) - - Show Bio
kay done now
kay done now

lol so many words

#246 Posted by Contingency (6996 posts) - - Show Bio

@arenaceus_: I congratulate you in putting so much effort in your posts, props for doing an rp with four character that takes a lot of dedication and skill!

#247 Edited by Arenaceus_ (341 posts) - - Show Bio
Thanks
Thanks

@contingency: not gona make a habit of it though xD

that was like four hours of typing

#248 Edited by Sir_Barton (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: Empire claim rules were not being followed IMO. Thats why I said it shouldn't be CVU.

#249 Posted by Lichter (5753 posts) - - Show Bio

@sir_barton: They'll be followed for subsequent RPs in this arc. This was a special case, as it began before the CVU was introduced and the author requested it be moved over IIRC. No harm in that.

#250 Posted by Sir_Barton (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: My bad, I thought they were starting in Paris. I got it confused with Orph's war claim.