#1 Edited by Zafir_Karim (492 posts) - - Show Bio

The french rebel group along with their leader Z, and a size shifting ally under disguise (@kaija) Have begun to enact the more direct and military part of the plan to take over France and create a new and better one in its place. And so, the first action, to take on a military base.

Zafir's plans were coming to fruition. Slowly, but carefully, setting themselves into place. His actions thus far were all well and good, but they were easy. He didn't have to combat heroes, or anyone, to obtain what he wanted. It was just a bunch of hacking and a little sorcery. This however, this was strategy, this was tactics, risking lives in order to obtain a goal. Had he told them, of course, his real goal. They would never have cooperated. But give people a target, and give them a motive, and you can control the hearts of the masses. And if you control their hearts, you control the future.

OOC:

This will help decide future rp's of the same intent, taking France. This one individually is for the purpose of taking down a French military base both as a show of power and for the resources it offers.

Takes place in the CVU.

Here is the IC:

l. You can join either side if you like, but I'd prefer if it made sense. For instance, someone who is always in Gothic probably wouldn't show up for this. But someone who is in Europe or France occasionally, or even is just someone who goes to these places when called upon, then it would make sense.

#2 Edited by lowlaville (10459 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Werewolf/Demon/Pyromancer at your service. - anti gov

#3 Posted by Contingency (8143 posts) - - Show Bio

Joinin in as pro gover

#4 Posted by Zafir_Karim (492 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by lowlaville (10459 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Contingency (8143 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't worry guys heroes don't kill humans :P

#7 Posted by Zafir_Karim (492 posts) - - Show Bio

The IC will be up in a few days, Kaija needs to be free for this and isn't yet.

#8 Posted by Contingency (8143 posts) - - Show Bio

Aww :(

#9 Posted by lowlaville (10459 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for lord_knightfall
#10 Posted by Lord_Knightfall (302 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: @contingency:

Sorry, hopefully it won't take very long though. This is one of the ones I intend to make sure it goes all the way through. So it won't be delayed all that long.

#11 Posted by Zafir_Karim (492 posts) - - Show Bio

I will likely open this up tomorrow.

#12 Posted by Contingency (8143 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Kaija (1250 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Zafir_Karim (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: Cool! I liked it!

Just to add though, as far as anyone knows, Z isn't a sorcerer. He is a genius, and it is quite plausible people could assume he must have some sort of power including sorcery, although people likely wouldn't know it. (Unless your person can detect that, in which case I'm totally fine with them knowing.)

#15 Edited by Lichter (5755 posts) - - Show Bio

@_vex_ / @cognus_ seems to be on hiatus, so I can't expect him to defend. If you want to do an RP set in a French military base that's fine, but if you're taking any territory at all it'd have to be an Empire Claim with COE members playing as the French military + others, as well as following the new Empire rules. That is, of course, if this is CVU.

If it's CVnU everything would be normal I guess, but the universe is just about empty. The transfer-over period for Empires and the like is done, meaning you can't take an Empire in the nU and expect it to be canon in the CVnU. Just something to bear in mind.

#16 Posted by Zafir_Karim (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: It's not a take over, I'm basically causing damage to this base and stealing stuff as far as the physical side of things goes. It is a power play, but it is in the political sense more then anything else.

#17 Posted by Lichter (5755 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Arenaceus_ (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Say CVU so I feel obligated to hack and slash you into pieces!

#19 Posted by Contingency (8143 posts) - - Show Bio

Say CVU so I feel obligated to hack and slash you into pieces!

CVNU>>>CVU

Image result for eyebrow wiggle gif

#20 Posted by lowlaville (10459 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Lichter (5755 posts) - - Show Bio

@contingency: Oh, like you would know. I thought you only ever wrote in the "What Does Your Character Think About The One Above You" thread ;)

#22 Posted by _Vex_ (3026 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter said:

@_vex_ / @cognus_ seems to be on hiatus, so I can't expect him to defend. If you want to do an RP set in a French military base that's fine, but if you're taking any territory at all it'd have to be an Empire Claim with COE members playing as the French military + others, as well as following the new Empire rules. That is, of course, if this is CVU.

If it's CVnU everything would be normal I guess, but the universe is just about empty. The transfer-over period for Empires and the like is done, meaning you can't take an Empire in the nU and expect it to be canon in the CVnU. Just something to bear in mind.

I'm here.

#23 Posted by Lichter (5755 posts) - - Show Bio

@_vex_: My b, haven't seen you on Discord or around the forum. We still don't know what universe it's in yet, though - waiting on AL for that.

#24 Posted by Cognus_ (258 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter said:

@_vex_: My b, haven't seen you on Discord or around the forum. We still don't know what universe it's in yet, though - waiting on AL for that.

I stopped using discord lol. The swamping of memes put me off for a bit lol. I've been around the forum, not really writing, but only reading. All my comments have been OOC. As for this France thing, no one has contacted either my accounts or tagged me in anything so I was completely unaware about it. You were the first.

#25 Posted by Lichter (5755 posts) - - Show Bio

@cognus_: Hey, it might not be CVU. Who knows.

#26 Posted by lowlaville (10459 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by black_raven (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure this is CVNU

#28 Posted by Zafir_Karim (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@cognus_: @lowlaville: @lichter:

Ok so to clarify I had intended this to be

CVU. However it sounds like I may have missssed something in the process here, correct? So first of all, sorry about that, and second, what would I need to do to get this to work out?

#29 Posted by black_raven (51 posts) - - Show Bio

-__-

Oh it's CVU

#30 Posted by Lichter (5755 posts) - - Show Bio

@zafir_karim: No worries, it's a new process so there's bound to be miscommunications here and there.

So, checklist of things you'd need to do:

• Main Zafir. For the duration of the campaign and a good amount of time leading up, you can only write him and him alone.

• Build up the claim. I'd say you've already done this bit, so no worries here. Zafir has always wanted France and you've done a good job showing the buildup of his forces. He's at a reasonable power level and this is a good first step for the overall war.

• Signify in the OOC that this is a campaign for France, otherwise it just looks like a regular RP. You should also signify which universe it takes place in.

This looks good, just make sure you change the OOC to indicate that it's CVU and part of the campaign process. Also, it'd be cordial to tag Vex next time, as he runs the country you're attacking :)

#31 Posted by Zafir_Karim (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter:

Ok so just to make sure I have this right:

•I should not write any other characters except Zafir during this correct? How about the one prison break out involving Jason Ford, can I continue that one? Right now these are the only two things I have going on here at all anyway.

•I think I get this part, but I'll make sure to keep note of that for any other future rp's.

• I'll go do that now.

Alright, and I'll tag Vex for any other rp's involving this type of activity (or the current leader/owner of wherever I'd be attacking)

And again, thanks!

#32 Posted by Lichter (5755 posts) - - Show Bio

@zafir_karim: You can finish the Jason Ford one, because I definitely trust you to follow through on this one (that's the benefit of having build-up). It's more an issue of using other characters who are affiliated with those who might defend in order to benefit Zafir, like having someone on a defending team suddenly betray the others or something to that effect. It's also just more fair to only attack with one player-controlled character at once.

Don't forget to put "France War Campaign" or something to that effect in the title - it still says Semi-Open RP.

You're welcome!

#33 Posted by Zafir_Karim (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: Oh ok cool, thanks!

Well then, I would still be using the Knights Of Justice right? They're primarily NPC's, at least the ones I'm using here, I pretty much just control their main activity like a strategist normally would.

Alright, changing the title now.

#34 Edited by Lichter (5755 posts) - - Show Bio

@zafir_karim: Sure, that should be fine. The issue would come from having two characters in different positions of power or conflicting sides, such as someone invading New York but also having a character who controls the media. Aiding the invader with the media controlling character, for example, is something we seek to avoid.

#35 Posted by Zafir_Karim (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: Ok I'm good with that, should be fine for me then. It does seem plausible to utilize less secure forms of media, like things like facebook, or whatever other things like that, to also influence the outcome. He is trying to obtain the people's interest after all, since this is as much political as physical. Would that be allowed?

#36 Posted by Solarius (602 posts) - - Show Bio

Defending with Vael.

#37 Posted by Lichter (5755 posts) - - Show Bio

@zafir_karim: Of course, but you can't say you've rallied everyone. Keeping it ambiguous would be essential.

#38 Posted by Kaija (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

Present, just trying to finish up some stuff, lol.

#39 Posted by Zafir_Karim (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: Understood. I'm still pretty sure he's got relatively few people compared to the total population. Just enough to be a threat as long as he doesn't go into full on war.

#40 Posted by Zafir_Karim (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@solarius said:

Defending with Vael.

...Crap. It's a good thing I have allies. (Good to have you though!)

@kaija said:

Present, just trying to finish up some stuff, lol.

Excellent!

#41 Posted by _Vex_ (3026 posts) - - Show Bio

Defending with Cognus of course.

#42 Edited by Zafir_Karim (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@_vex_ said:

Of course.

(Notices there are too many opponents, the number of enemies is increasing while allies are not)

#43 Posted by Zafir_Karim (492 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to point out that the IC is already up, just in case people were unaware of that.

#44 Edited by Contingency (8143 posts) - - Show Bio
@_vex_ said:

Guess we're partners :V

#45 Posted by _Vex_ (3026 posts) - - Show Bio

@zafir_karim: I'll be dropping in when I get off work tomorrow.

@contingency:So it would seem. *Justice League handshake*

#46 Edited by Contingency (8143 posts) - - Show Bio

@_vex_: *Handshakes*

Before you go can I get a link to your Cognus character pwease xD?

#47 Posted by _Vex_ (3026 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Contingency (8143 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by lowlaville (10459 posts) - - Show Bio

@_vex_ said:

Of course.

(Notices there are too many opponents, the number of enemies is increasing while allies are not)

Worry not my friend. Vandal is here.

#50 Posted by Zafir_Karim (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: This is true, and Vandal seems quite powerful, you shall be quite useful during this I imagine.