• 78 results
NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By NightWarden17

The morning after the magnificent affair at the Arosto Estate, Jacob sat at his office desk, perfectly groomed and poised, immaculately prepared to deliver what would most likely be the most important address of his lifetime.

The recording of him would be streamed globally and to all news outlets. He cleared his throat, and the recording began: "Dear citizens of the world, undoubtedly, we have all felt the impact of heroes and vigilantes as they have reverberated their codes and cowls throughout our lives. We all have our own reservations about these beings, but if we are to become united as a greater society in this time of division, we must look at this widely debated cultural shift from a different perspective. In my own city of Chicago, for example, everyone has heard of the obsidian officer, the Night Warden.

While I may not agree with his unorthodox methodology, recently, in severely crippling the Chicago mob, he has become a beacon of wraithlike hope for my city. See, that's what heroes, even ones that blur the lines of morality, have the capacity to do. Instill the belief that if you take action against adversity, no matter what obstacles you face, you have the capacity to surmount your tragedies, and transform into a version of your better self, a greater being of mythical proportions. Life is what you choose to make of it, but the archetypes of those who surround us can instill in us more motivation than we can even begin to conceive. In forging ourselves through crucibles of fire, we can reach our peak, regardless of whether we wear a mask or not.

That is why today, after months of preparation, I am announcing the Warden Project. Part of the disillusion with heroes is the lack of cohesiveness in many parts of the superhero community and the lack of accountability in certain circles. That is why Chase Conglomerates is sending out a satellite beacon, calling for potential candidates for membership in every city and country, specialized teams that will protect every foreseeable area.

Chase Conglomerates' international branch will also be providing heroes with comprehensive networks, resources, and greater outreach, so that they can connect and work with any hero, whenever, and wherever they are. As for supervillains, I will endeavor to work with government and security agencies to create better solutions to place these individuals in the appropriate incarceration centers or receive the necessary rehabilitation measures, including joining probationary programs. The world has always had true protectors watching over it. now that message will be heard worldwide.

Recruits, I call you to action, and as for the world, inspiration is coming, I promise." He shut off the camera and waited for the world to react. He would lead Squad One, the first team of this coalition. He wasn't a person of the light by any means, but he would use it to cast a searing spotlight on crime, and if people derived any meaning from what he was doing, so be it. He waited for the personas that were filling the world to answer, and he knew, the next generation of crimefighting had begun.

Avatar image for aceline_boltian
Aceline_Boltian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azra here (ya probably know me best for alt Dragonfang). Would ya be down for an rp trying to shut this satellite down (I'll probably fail) but the blog got me thinking lol

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it kind if mitigates what I'm trying to start, but absolutely without a doubt once the program is up and running. Your character could be the first challenge of the organization. Would you consider joining a probationary Warden Squad afterwards? You'd be an asset of one of the black-ops teams I have in mind.

Avatar image for aceline_boltian
Aceline_Boltian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwarden17: I think it'd help it start. Some villains instantly want to put this down before it gets traction. Gives more reason for heroes to be like woah we should try and prevent that.

Some good ol trial by fire ^.^

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NightWarden17

@aceline_boltian: Exactly, maybe the first team is assembled to protect the satellite and then the rest follow. I see what you mean, good thinking. Would love for you to create that RP, first I need a team of non-powered heroes and vigilantes for me to oppose you with, that's the first Chicago and Grimm based team that I'll lead. This will lead to great things, looking forward to combating, and then hopefully working with you! I feel the satelite mission could be like a proof of concept for Project Warden, you know? After I pick my recruits, if you could set up the RP, that'd be great!

Tigris_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noicely done!

Mr-Teddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YEAH LETS BRING IT DOOOOOOOOOWN.

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigris_shark: Thanks so much, that means a lot! Your character is awesome too! Where does your character live? They would most likely be part of a Warden Squad around that area, and once the program is up, since your character is young, they would most likely be aligned with similarly aged heroes.

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwarden17: lol glad you like my alt ^.~ she's actually working with Contingency's organizations atm. If that changes though I'll let you know

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-teddy: I like your enthusiasm! You know, you could be a part of one of my reformed villain based Warden Squads, if you wanted. Is your character an anti-hero or...?

Sir_Barton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwarden17: Sounds cool man. Just be careful you don't hit the "Reed Richards is Utterly Useless" part of the CVU guidelines. If this is CVU that is

_Reynard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see my character outright opposing this.

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_reynard_: Why? We're on the same side. It's not a Brother Eye situation, more akin to Batman Incorporated. I wouldn't impose on any hero really. I was hoping for a better response to this.

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NightWarden17

@sir_barton: Trust me, the Reed Richards rule will not apply, far from it.

Mr-Teddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwarden17: Naawh Azra and I discussed on discord that we wana bring it dooooooown.

Teddy? I guess he's a mixed between anti-villain and an old villain.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually half expecting you guys to come after me with a squad or two.

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orange_water: People are getting the wrong idea, this isn't totalitarian. It's more like the 50 States Initiative from Avengers. This is a positive thing guys!

_Reynard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwarden17:

My character is against corporations. He would see this as a way for Chase Conglomerates to accumulate more power and control the meta population. A step closer for America to become a police state if you will. He would be completely against this idea and more than likely attacking your character and the satellite.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-teddy: @nightwarden17: Well technically I'm considered a mutant terrorist at the moment in my story and a 10 million bounty so yeah. I'm actually thinking about creating an evil alt soon is there a possibility that if I create him I let him join in on the villainy?

_Reynard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sir_barton: What does the Reed Richards rule say?

The observation that in some genres, characters can have fantastic technology far beyond our own, yet this technology only gets used to solve equally fantastic problems.A person who controls weather will never make it rain in drought-stricken areas, or stop the rain during terrible flooding, or stop a heatwave. A person who can control water will never douse bush fires or burning buildings, or get a job at a power station. And a supergenius (such as Reed Richards of the Fantastic Four) can save the life of starving demi-god beings like Galactus, but will never take a weekend to duplicate and market Doctor Doom's burn-victim cure device or release his inventions that could solve a variety of real-world problems (and earn their creator millions of dollars). All potential solutions to real-life problems will only be done in novel (fictional) situations — useless. Status Quo Is God, and the status quo of the real world even more so. It's the same reason you can't stop Hitler from starting World War II.

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NightWarden17

@_reynard_@orange_water@mr-teddy: To explain to everyone, the satellite was already activated, it's a call to action for heroes. It was a small part of what I wrote, just an explanation as to how I already put out a signal to gather heroes for the project. Regarding corporations, since Reynard is a journalist, he could look into my company ethics and find I'm actually pro all kinds of businesses. Night Warden is against corrupt corporations as well, that's part of the reason why he prides his company on its ethics compared to the competition! For that matter, Reynard is one of the top heroes I want to recruit. This will foster connectivity in the superhero community. You're the first choice for my first Warden team, Reynard, I can explain the project to you as in depth as you like, and we can even do a one on one interview.

Dandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dandy

@nightwarden17: I would avoid recruiting Reynard, he's a drunk maniac that wants America to burn.

Avatar image for demonboundsitri
demonboundSitri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwarden17:

This looks pretty interesting, do on-board characters need to be full time with the group, or can they hold other positions simultaneously? I'd really like to have Sitri start moonlighting with some groups, she needs some on-the-job actual superhero training. It'd be good for her. She's doing some good work with Luna Hawk (and soon Solar Hawk) but I'd like to get her more involved with stuff. She's LA-based. I think she'd probably be the best character I have to get involved in this. The other potential contender is @soul_inspectre but I kind of like having her as just a free radical, and she's a little too mystic-based for this sort of thing.

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dandy: Actually, I'll hold off on recruiting him for now based on what you said. I prefer a more tactical approach. Do you have any suggestions as to recruits? I would love an extra hand in compiling my first team that I'll lead jointly out of Chicago and Grimm. I'll most likely designate one leader per team across states and countries, like the 50 State Initiative from Avengers, and Batman Inc. You can read my bio to see who would fit with me. Since this is a huge project, I'll need multiple hands on deck. Anyone interested in being my co-runners of this operation?

ltlredwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwarden17: (ice fire again lol), might make an alt just for this. All the better excuse to make him

Dandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwarden17: Uuuh can't think of anyone that would be suitable. But CV RPG has a lack of users, maybe you should only do one team? Maybe most of the teams should be NPCs.

Lucyanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwarden17:

Can you paragraph it man? :$ I don't really feel like reading that.

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demonboundsitri: I think Sitri would be perfect for the L.A. branch of this, Luna Hawk could be the leader. This isn't full time, you can hold your Warden Project membership simultaneously with your personal life. As long as the branch checks in, every so often, that's fine.

_Reynard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dandy said:

@nightwarden17: I would avoid recruiting Reynard, he's a drunk maniac that wants America to burn.

No Caption Provided

So I think I'll just kick the shit out of your team when you put it together. Okay? Okay.

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucyanna: I just did. Hope that helps, let me know.

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NightWarden17

@_reynard_: Be warned, if you strike, we strike back ten times as hard. I have no wish to quarrel but if it will help you better understand my mission as a force for good, so be it.

_Reynard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwarden17:

Yeah. Cool. Let me know when you're ready to throw hands.

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will this work @autarchist? Also, to eliminate the Reed Richards rule, no one team can overly focus on a specific type of crime.

Lucyanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lucyanna
_Reynard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NightWarden17

@lucyanna: That's definitely a possibility! I haven't chosen my complete roster or fully made the team delegations, but in the event that you did join, I could come up with a solution that would dampen your cold weakness. Where does your character live? She would most likely join that city's team. Glad to have you on board the project! If you could spread the word about this thread, that would really help. Your character certainly is on fire, so to speak.

_Reynard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lucyanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwarden17

Think she might live in Miami.

@_Reynard_

No. Mistake

Avatar image for demonboundsitri
demonboundSitri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really not looking for another thing to do with Luna, Luna and I have plenty of our own plotlines going and Luna Hawk ain't gonna work for no bossypants outsider.

Honestly, I kind of feel like you need to put a little more thought into this idea before you run with it. Having a hero-ish Paranet thing going on for mutual support it an interesting idea, but a lot of characters here already have quite a lot of things going on in their lives. They don't really need direction, they need events - so if you're just looking for a way to get heroes in touch with one another, I'd be all in, but to be honest if it's just that you kind of want to say you're in charge of something (which is really what it's beginning to read like, whether or not that's your intent), that's really not gonna sit well with a lot of people, especially if you're not doing anything to bring them together.

So, I think you can put me in the category of "cautiously interested" but I'll be honest, I'm not willing to commit until I've got a better idea what your plans actually are.

MonstersAndMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hitman:

I can get paid for what I do?!

Count me in!!!!!

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demonboundsitri: Things are still coming together, I'm not intending to boss anyone around. I'll let you know when things are more organized. Plus, the Warden Project is only a part-time attachment, you can still maintain your personal life too.

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By NightWarden17

@lucyanna: Then she would be a part of the Miami Warden Squad.

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By NightWarden17

@monstersandmen: Payment isn't really a prerequisite, but if really needed, I can provide it.

Lucyanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Autarchist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwarden17: Looking better all the time! Love the ambition. I'll be involved IC somehow, but not necessarily in a helpful way. :}

_Reynard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucyanna: Then she would be a part of the Miami Warden Squad.

Oh? Is that so? You think you can come into my neighborhood just like that?

I have four words to that.

Let's.
Let's.
Get.
Get.
Dangerous.
Dangerous.
Duck,
Duck,

Lucyanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Lucyanna
_Reynard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucyanna:

Sorry. Who are you again? You wannabes all look the same to me.

Lucyanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_reynard_: She who would burn a hole anew in yiu. ;)

_Reynard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_reynard_: And what have you been doing in that neighborhood except get the crap kicked out of you by Lichter and Methoduis?