Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Gale_Xanders
No Caption Provided

Welcome to Prehistoria, the world's first genetically engineered theme park. Built on an artificial island off the coast of California, Prehistoria was constructed on a singe premise...bring living dinosaurs to the world and put them in a park for all to see and enjoy. The origins of the park surrounded in mystery and some say it dates back much farther than the three years it's been known to be in operation. There are rumors of old ruins of a former park, some sort of secret experiment that was abandoned for unknown reasons decades ago...but those are only rumors. Whatever the truth, the park is open to the public and visitors can spend anywhere from a modest few hundred dollars to tens of thousands, depending upon how much money they wish to sink into the park experience. Never fear, there are ATMs available and the park accepts all forms of Credit Card. (No checks please).

No Caption Provided

Visitors to the park enter through one of two means, either via small jet service from the mainland to Cretaceous Airport or by Ferry (the much cheaper option) to the docks. Either method eventually leads to the same entrance, a huge mono-rail system that connects the major features of the park and keeps visitors from trampling the pristine jungle. A visitor can reach any part of the park by taking this completely free and environmentally friendly transportation system. The train operates purely on power supplied by hydrogen fuel cells.

The train can be locked down during emergencies or its speed increased, depending upon where the automated driver senses the train to be during the emergency. When near any of the dangerous dinosaur paddocks, the train will dramatically increase speed and only come to a stop at a 'safe station' once free of the danger. Long range sensors detect threats ahead of and to the sides of the train and allow it to navigate safely and avoid crashing into destroyed section of rail, other trains or even dinosaurs.

No Caption Provided

The Visitor's Center is the first location anyone will visit, it is the beginning of the Prehistoria Experience, where visitors have the history of the park and how it functions explained to them through a series of interactive, holographic displays and the world's first Ultra Immersive Viewing Theater where a series of hard light projectors create a video experience unlike anything else in the world, where viewers see, hear, smell and feel everything around them, their seats vanish and they find themselves walking in a world long gone. Like everywhere else in the park, the park's creators spared no expense.

After the visitor's center it's a matter of preference as to where guests go. They can travel to see the twenty two year old T-Rex, the hero of the attack on the park's opening day, the velociraptors or any number of other amazing, real life dinosaur paddocks. While there are many economic levels that open different aspects of the park to a guest, all of them allow full access to the park's many animal paddocks and display areas.

No Caption Provided

Guests with children are welcome to take them to the only interactive dinosaur exhibit, known as The Petting Zoo, where children are allowed to ride and otherwise get first hand interactions with the park's youngest animals. Adult zoo keepers and supervisors ensure the safety of both the children and the animals and the animals only spend a small part of their day in such an exhibit. Children are also welcome to many other specially designed exhibits where they can see dinosaurs at a closer level than normal, though these are frequently limited to the park's...tamer...animals.

The security of Prehistoria is virtually invisible...but it puts some nations to shame. The first and most visible aspect of security are the fences and walls built into each paddock. Each wall is constructed from Transparent Aluminum and is capable of sustaining impacts of more than fifteen tons of kinetic force. The walls are coated with a thin layer of energy absorbent material that spreads energy attacks across a wide surface and diffuses the power to prevent breaching. Each wall has a second coating of material on the animal side of the wall that, when touched, channels one hundred thousand volts of electricity to provide a warning to the animal to stay away.

The second layer of defense is much less obtrusive and though visible, often blends in with the background once a guest becomes used to their presence. Prehistoria has a special contract with Maverick Incorporated, the most successful meta-human defense force on the planet. Their elite soldiers are spread across the island, tasked with the defense of the park from animals and outsiders alike. They have only been called upon once, when the park was attacked by those intent on acquiring its genetic materials. The attack was thwarted by the mysterious arrival of the Vigilante known as Xae and reinforcements from Maverick. No guests were harmed during the incident, though some animals were lost.

No Caption Provided

Frequently unknown to the park quests as a security feature are the Raptors themselves. Not all the Raptors have security training, but about half of the island's Raptor population does. The raptors are individually trained by Gale Xanders herself, who seems to have a special link with the animals of her park. These trained animals are so trusted by the park staff that if there were to be a major breech of security, it would be the Raptors who would respond first, at the command of Gale Xanders. The animals are trained in search and rescue, crowd control and tactical assault. One of the park's major security zones is an area in the north of the island where guests are moved by security teams and the perimeter established by packs of trained Raptors.

No Caption Provided

Final security measures include the park's twenty two year old, battle hardened Tyrannosaur, a creature that intervened in the park's opening day terrorist attack. The creature is one of the most popular park exhibits and bares the scars of its intervention. The aged animal is loved by children and its paddock line is often hours long. When all else fails, the vigilante named Xae has a special connection to the park (though none know that Xae and Gale Xanders are one and the same) and has intervened on its behalf more than once.

Park amenities are some of the best in the world, if you can afford to stay on the island itself. There are two types of housing on the island, resort cabins (usually affordable only by the very wealthy) and various five star hotels. Once a year the park closes its doors to the public and opens them to the poorest of the poor. Children from all over the world are invited to stay at the park for two weeks, their air-fair and other costs are covered by the park and special access is granted to portions of the park typically closed to the public. These full access weeks also offer special educational programs and each year a select few of the best and brightest are offered full scholarships into Jurassic University. Gale Xanders owns Jurassic University and uses it to train the next generation of genetic scientists, super architects and other innovators and leaders. Throughout the year children from children's hospitals across the world receive the same treatment and it is known to the public that both the park and Gale Xanders donate immense funds to research for children's medical care.

Park within a Park:

The rumors are true. Within the park, closed to the public and even to Maverick's security forces, are ruins of a previous park experiment. These facilities are strictly forbidden and those few that have entered them have been summarily fired and kicked off of the island. One or two never returned from the ruins.

No Caption Provided

These ruins of the old park are one of the secret labs and housing facilities of Gale Xanders. This was her first home after she took over the park and remains home to her most advanced lab equipment and facilities. Within the ruins the Ancient Soldier perfects her technology, raises her secret child and generally lives. She has re-purposed the entirely original park to her specifications and is able to use both the genetic labs and security equipment to her advantage. Here she developed the anti-mutant nano-machines she keeps in secret, as well as the anti-matter devices that can power the park in an emergency. There are animals patrolling this section of the park as well, her most well trained Raptors and one younger Tyrannosaur that has established the facilities as its territory.

------------------------

Rules:

1. Anyone is free to travel here and enjoy the park as a means to interact IC with other characters or to speak to Gale Xanders.

2. You do not know about the secret ruins, though I will accept someone following rumors.

3. No major destruction without permission.

4. This location is primarily for fun interactions, it's not meant to be a combat zone, but if characters get into a fight so be it (though be aware that intervention is likely).

5. Usual RP rules apply.

Marcus_Crowne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Marcus_Crowne

Yay! Can't wait until the inevitable Jurrasic Park event. LOL

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Icefire_Outlaw

@rey_everdeen:

My big blue eyes scanned the faces of the crowd as I stood on the steps of the visitor center, waiting for Rey to arrive. It wasn't unusual for me to use my actual face every once in a while, since practically no one ever saw it, and it seemed to fit the occasion. I'd payed all expenses necessary to bring us both to the island and was more than ready to pay for the rest of our stay as well.

My blonde hair was pulled back by means of a light blue headband, matching my eyes and knee-length skirt. I had a pair of green converse high tops on and a plain white blouse. I had used just a touch of blush and silver eyeshadow, and wore a peridot in my necklace and each of my earrings. For once, I looked my age, or a maximum of one or two years older. A pink purse slung over my shoulder and a small golden watch on my right wrist completed the picture. The only weapon I had was a Swiss Army knife in my bag, but I doubted I'd need it. The security here was fantastic, and no one knew my real face, so I knew I was relatively safe here. Now it was just a matter of waiting for my guest to arrive.

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By X-Rey

@icefire_outlaw:

I waved at Jesse and teleported over shorty after. I was wearing a trench coat, tight pants, boots and shades. Before I begin to speak, I checked out Jesse and blushed. "Whoa, you look beautiful! Not used to seeing you like this, Cinderella." I smiled and continued to speak. "Sorry for what I'm wearing, this isn't exactly date worthy, but you never know if something will go down or not. I always like to come prepared, you know? Anyway, what would you like to do first?"

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jason_ford

(OOC: Fascinating, very nice. Didn't quite read it all yet, but I intend to, and probably will visit with someone or another.)

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rey_everdeen:

"Hey there, hotshot," I greeted him, and I blushed at his compliment. "Your clothes are fine, really. I was simply dressing to fit in. Believe me, I'd much rather be armed and ready too. I'm glad you are." I looked up at the sign for the Visitor Center, and gestured to the building. "I was thinking we should check this place out first, then maybe go see some of the exhibits. That sound good to you?"

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icefire_outlaw:

"That sounds perfect," Rey says as he attempts to take Jesse's hand and starts walking. "I decided to bring Frozen with me, hope that's not a problem."

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rey_everdeen:

I grinned, remembering what he's told me about the baby gryphon. "As long as he doesn't disturb the dinosaurs se should be okay," I answered, taking his hand and following him inside.

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icefire_outlaw: OOC: I didn't get notified for this. O_o

"Hey, where's Hunter?" I asked curiously. "You should bring your gryphon everywhere you go!" I said sarcastically and continued to walk inside. "Whooooooa, this place looks awesome. How much did you pay for us to visit here?"

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Icefire_Outlaw

@rey_everdeen:

"I decided to wave him in good hands until we're done here. A lion-sized bird might get a little too much unwanted attention, you know?" I smirked as he asked about costs. "Don't worry your handsome head over it. It's covered now, and we're here to hang out."

I looked around, taking the big room in a glance. "What do you want to do first, hotshot?" I asked him.

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icefire_outlaw: "Fair enough, I was just wondering where he was at. I blushed and replied about the cost. "I see, you never fail to compliment me even when we're not on the subject about looks, haha."

"Hmm, let's go see the dinosaurs and get some food after, if you're hungry that is."

Avatar image for lord_knightfall
Lord_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cydrus walked around in normal clothing in Prehistoria, he had made an alternate identity he could use named Joseph Hornet, previously a weapons expert, presently unemployed. This way he could go around Prehistoria unhindered by his past, or well, in a sense that is. It was interesting to see the prehistoric species returned to life around humans. Of course, he could have found a way to go back in time most likely using magic. But it wasn't just the dinosaurs he was here for, he was watching peoples reactions, how the dinosaurs functioned around them, and the way they had been returned, most likely not complete accuracy, but good enough to impress people.

But then, there was an occasion, where he passed by someone he knew would die somewhat soon, and probably had no idea. Lung cancer isn't the greatest thing to die from, and certainly not for a mere child. There were ways of telling of course, but many wouldn't notice them because many didn't realize them. Cydrus was one of those who did, it made it even more obvious due to his increased senses, but his incredible knowledge of the body was sufficient. He stopped next to the parent and said quickly, "Take your child to a doctor, do it soon, you may not be so happy if you don't" He warned before quickly passing on before the man could reply. He'd pay attention to him afterwards, but for now he had to blend into the crowd again like anyone else. Since he only spoke after he was right next and somewhat behind the man, he would probably be unidentifiable. But he wasn't so concerned about his own safety, as much as he was about the child. He'd experienced death many times, and hated to see others go through it, or at least, the innocent ones.

Such a sad world this is.

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rey_everdeen:

"Sounds good to me." I held his hand. I'd already read through the directory, so I knew where things were but I didn't want to make the decisions today. "Tyrannosaur first, you think? Or do you want to hit the grasslands exhibits?"

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icefire_outlaw: "Tyrannosaur sounds awesome, yeah. Let's go," I said eagerly. "And since we're on the subject about dinosaurs, what's your favorite one?"

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rey_everdeen:

I held his hand on the way back out to the train. "Hmmm...I think the raptors. They're smart, fast, and some even say they can feel empathy. They're amazing animals. How about you? Which one's your favorite?"

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icefire_outlaw: I held your hand tighter before answering the question. "Well, that's very interesting. I was expecting you to say T-Rex, hehe. As for me, I always liked the triceratops. I find their look fascinating and the fact that they're herbivores as well."

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rey_everdeen:

"Triceratops are pretty cool," I agreed. We arrived at the station but the train wasn't due back for another twenty minutes. I looked at Rey.

"Want to grab a snack while we wait?" I asked.

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icefire_outlaw: "Mhm. What kind of snack did you have in mind, Cinderella?" I replied.

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rey_everdeen:

"Whatever you're up for, I'm up for," I answered. "We passed a few booths on our way here, I'll follow your lead."

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icefire_outlaw: I turned around and pointed to a place Hey, let's grab a few hotdogs for Frozen, you and I."

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Icefire_Outlaw

@rey_everdeen: "Sounds good to me," I said, following him to the stand.

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icefire_outlaw: "Sweet," Rey said as he was getting ready to order. "Uh...let me get ten of your finest hotfogs, please and four large drinks."

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rey_everdeen:

The man looked at us like we'd asked for a baby dinosaur, but the confusion in his face vanished as I proffered the money and a nice-sized tip. While he got to work on our order I started looking around, taking in the people and the scenery. Even in the plaza the park had an exotic air. Ms. Xanders had certainly taken no shortcuts in building this place.

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icefire_outlaw: "You must like what you see, eh? I asked as we waited for the food.

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rey_everdeen:

"I do," I confessed with a smile. "This place is amazing. Every detail taken into careful consideration. It's no wonder it's so popular."

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icefire_outlaw: "Yeah, you picked the perfect place. I don't think I could've found a place as exquisite," I said in a serious tone.

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rey_everdeen:

"Order up," the hot dog man said before I could respond. I took one of the drinks and four of the hot dogs and started carrying them over to a table nearby, intending to come back and help Rey with the rest.

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icefire_outlaw: "Thank you, I said to the hotdog man as I carried the food over to the nearest table and gestured at Jesse. "I got the rest, take a sit."

Avatar image for deactivated-59c71a5928800
deactivated-59c71a5928800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icefire_outlaw: @rey_everdeen:

Soundless steps carried Daniel through colorful throngs of civilians and tourists, with Count Oliver in tow. The younger of the two wore casual clothes - a crimson T-Shirt, silvery jacket and dark jeans. Count Oliver, however, had elected to be needlessly fashionable, sporting an onyx collared shirt and blazer of the same color, with a dark bowler hat over greying hair.

The Count's eyes flitted across the theme park with interest, arms linked behind his back and head held in fascination. Danny, however, looked as bored as he felt. He felt a lethargy unrelated to any physical exhaustion building in his stomach; his arms were folded, eyelids fluttering shut for a second more than usual every several blinks.

"Was it really worth making the trip to California for this?" Daniel finally asked, weariness bleeding into his tone, "Honestly, I could be back at the Sanctum training to do more productive and interesting things."

At this, the Count merely chuckled. A spark of vexation flared in the Danny.

"I thought it might do you some good to be away from all those, er, glowstick wielding sorcerers for a bit," said Oliver, his voice dripping with silkiness.

"You thought wrong," grumbled Danny. Cue another chuckle from the Count.

"Nonsense, sire! I'm sure we'll find something worthy of your high standards of intrigue. Hmm, let's see...perhaps the visitor center..."

Worthy of intrigue. Right, Danny thought, shaking his head. Even dinosaurs can't make this place anymore interesting.

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Icefire_Outlaw

@sorion: @rey_everdeen:

I did as Rey told me and smiled as I watched him grab the rest of the food. My eyes wandered back out to the crowd, where I saw a surprisingly familiar face. Sorion was a former assassin, now a Firce adept I had encountered in the Sanctum. I knew either he or his well-dressed companion would notice me staring. He wouldn't recognize me but I had feeling he'd come over once he realized that I was scrutinizing him.

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sorion: @icefire_outlaw: I carried the rest of the food over and took a seat, and took a lool at Jesse's eyes. "Hey, is everything alright? You seem to be staring at someone or something," said Rey with a concerned look on his face.

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Hm?" I asked, looking back at Rey. "Oh, yeah, no, everything's good. I just saw someone I know from the Sanctum of the Force, that's all." I helped Rey set out all the food and gave Frozen a hot dog before starting to eat mine, throwing the occasional glance in Sorion's direction but now giving most of my attention to Rey.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ensnared by his own boredom, Danny hadn't noticed the stare he'd attracted. Count Oliver, however, had.

With a frown, the Count looked over at the girl in the distance, sparing a glance at the stranger who'd just carried over food. "You've attracted a stare, sire," Oliver drawled. Daniel felt his brows knit, and he looked over at his mentor.

"Anyone we know?" Danny asked.

"It doesn't seem that way. But among the greatest adversaries are those who deal in disguise."

The Jedi Knight uncrossed his arms, a smirk tugging at his lips. This was sure to be more interesting than the prehistoric attractions. "Seems only courteous to go over and say hello."

Daniel made to saunter over, only to find his mentor's iron grip holding him back. "Now now, sire, perhaps we ought not to associate with them. I don't think much of their fashion," Oliver gave a disapproving nod, then continued,"Come now, surely we can go and take in the attraction? If they've anything planned, we'll let it play out. I doubt they're a match for your prodigal talents."

Danny snorted. "I'm flattered." Then, brushing his mentor's hand off his shoulder, the Prince of Ronins made his way over to the couple. Once again, The Count was in tow, looking somewhat disgruntled for a few seconds then glossing over it with an indulging smile.

"I thought I felt a gaze burning into the back of my head," said Sorion, voice dry as ever as he stopped before the couple. He didn't know the male but there was something vaguely familiar about the blonde in the white blouse. He couldn't quite put his finger on it.

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swallowed my mouthful of food just before Sorion arrived with his companion. He had the same dry tones, same scarred face. Only his change in attire created a barrier between the young man in front of me and the adept from the Sanctum. The more casual clothes indicated that he wasn't here on Jedi business. He had, however, seemed bored out of his mind and now looked just slightly relieved for a change of occupation.

"Was I staring? I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. You just reminded me of someone I know," I told him. I even sounded different than I had in the Sanctum. My voice had that ever so slight tinge of a Southern accent, and was far warmer than that which I had used the last time we met. Body language doesn't change without great conscious effort, however. I knew he'd recognize me eventually, if only by that.

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sorion: @icefire_outlaw: "So you know these guys, Jess?" I asked eagerly and greeted the strangers. "Nice to meet you two, the name's Rey. I hope you're not here to cause trouble or anything, 'cause I'm not looking for none," I said as I extended my arm expecting a handshake.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny politely extended a hand to shake Rey's; The Count, however, intervened, lowering his protege's arm before his hand reached the stranger's. "Careful, sire..." Oliver murmured, eyeing the couple with prominent wariness.

"No trouble at all, Rey. Just...curious." Sorion's eyes flitted from Rey, to the girl, then Rey again, and a margin of comprehension dawned on him. More subtly, however, he could feel vestiges of familiarity; shards of recognition made known to him through the Force. There was something more to this. Who was she?

"You two hang around here often?"

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Icefire_Outlaw

"I'm not sure," I said in reply to Rey's question. I held out my hand to shake Sorion's, condensing Force energy around it. Despite his finely dressed companion's admonition, I know curiosity would get the better of the young Jedi. "I'm Jesse." If he took my hand I'd use the Force to cause his to go slightly cold, then warm, to remind him of my alias without saying it aloud. "And no, this is our first time."

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icefire_outlaw: @sorion: "Tch. What's your problem?" As Rey looked up at the stranger who was eying them and whispered to Jesse. "Could be bad company," I said in a somewhat joking manner.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rey_everdeen:@icefire_outlaw:

Count Oliver's eyes flickered over to Rey, the disapproval in his features more pronounced than ever. Perceptive, Danny quickly took advantage of the opportunity, shaking Jesse's hand. For a fleeting moment, the Prince of Ronin's eyes widened; something inscrutable passed over his face; his palm tingled with the force, met with a sudden and slight chill, then warmth a second afterwards. Icefire...

"The problem, Rey," Oliver began, putting cold emphasis on the name 'Rey', "is that-"

"-ignore him," said Daniel, exasperation bleeding into his tone as he cut across his mentor. "I'm Daniel. The tool you should ignore is my...teacher, Oliver."

The Count gave a sharp jerk of the head that was intended as a curt nod.

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Pleasure to meet you, Daniel, Oliver," I said with a smile while looking Sorion in the eye to see if he'd gotten my message. He had indeed, and I let his hand go.

"If it's okay with Rey, you two can come with us if you want. We're about to take the rail to see the Tyrannosaur."

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By X-Rey

@icefire_outlaw: @sorion:

I nodded and stood up. "Fine. Let's go see some dinosaurs then...with the guests. They seem harmless and could be friendly, who knows? I guess I'll get to know 'em to find out." As I grabbed a few hotdogs, drink and started walking. Frozen followed behind me.

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Icefire_Outlaw

@rey_everdeen: @sorion:

I stood up and collected our trash. "Like I said, it's up to you guys. We'll be roaming around all day, so if you don't come now we could always meet up later or something." I gave another warm smile before waving and going after Rey, dropping the garbage in a can nearby.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rey_everdeen: @icefire_outlaw:

"Yeah, maybe some other ti-"

"Come along now, Daniel, we've no business parading around with...them," Oliver hissed, starting to direct his protege away with an iron grasp. Daniel waved after them, a flare of hope that he'd meet up with them again soon blazing through the boredom that had set in his stomach.

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sorion: @icefire_outlaw:

I turned around and realized they weren't coming and waved. "Hope we can meet again, hopefully you won't bail on us next time, said Rey as he started walking again and looked at Jesse. "Shall we continue, or?" I asked.

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I caught up to him and took his hand just as the train pulled in. "I'm sure we'll see them again," I answered with a smile. "Now, how about we go see that T-Rex?"

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Icefire_Outlaw

I spent most of the train ride letting my thoughts wander between the prehistoric jungle below, the boy next to me, and the Force user we'd left behind. Daniel had changed since our first encounter, though most people wouldn't have been able to tell. It had nothing to do with his physical features. His very aura was different. Back then I hadn't known I could feel it, but in retrospect I now understood. He had been a mere adept, who hadn't chosen his Force path yet. Now, he was a full-on Jedi knight, strong and, from what I could sense, gifted in the Force.

These former thoughts, guided somewhat by Master Quinon, dissipated when Frozen jumped onto my lap. I stroked him with one hand, and held Rey's hand with my other. The Bandit Queen held my thoughts for a brief time as I remembered how Rey and I met, trying to battle to the death. It ended with my first kiss. I smiled gently at the memory...

...Until Terumi broke through my thoughts. I got a little more serious as he and I had a mental argument, but we came to a compromise. If he stayed quiet, I wouldn't put him back in my subconscious yet. He agreed, and the rest of the train ride was quiet.

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icefire_outlaw: I held her hand tighter, blushed and closed my eyes for a moment before opening them back up and broke the silence. "So you must know him, right? The Daniel guy? Or am I just assuming?" I asked out of curiosity and to spark a conversation.

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rey_everdeen: I crane out of my thoughts and looked at Rey. He was so cute when he blushed like that.

"Yeah, we met briefly in the Sanctum while I was training there. He didn't have his overbearing chaperone with him at the time."

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By X-Rey

@Icefire_Outlaw: "Interesting. He does seem like a nice person, the other guy is a bossy douche from what I've seen," I said in a serious tone. Frozen licked you and started to growl softly.

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rey_everdeen:

I smiled. "You're right on both points." I rubbed Frozen's head and looked back out the window, waiting for us to arrive at the station.