Posted by Orion_Savage (714 posts) - - Show Bio

"Mr. Savage, do you actually plan to run for president someday?"

A young man sits comfortably on a small chair, a large lizard on his crossed legged lap. He grins at the question and then chuckles with his response: "Hahaha, no of course not. I have enough trust in this great, great countries people that someone else can step up and lead us, I on the other-hand will continue to help it by educating people and furthering our knowledge on the organisms we share this planet with. "

The lady turns to the camera with an amused smile: "Well there you have it folks! Lets have a warm round of applause for our guest Mr. Savage!"

The scene replays on the television, which goes on to show the same man, now older and bearded stepping onto a stage, behind him, a massive "Make America Great Again" banner hangs. "And now lets take a look, 10 years later on the announcement Orion Savage made today. "

"Hello folks," he begins, taking a grinning survey of the crowd; "Really amazing to be out here in Louisiana, amazing place with amazing people." The crowd rises in pitch with cheer and Orion smiles as he continues. " Our country is in a seriously bad place. Our world is full of terrorists, mutant extremists, and super villains striking every moment you blink. But what is America, the greatest country in the world, doing about it?"

He pauses, prompting the crowd to respond, and they do with a loud: "Nothing!" He nods, shaking his head with disdain. "That's right folks, nothing. We're pushovers, no, we're pussies, to the rest of the world. Denver was attacked, Nebraska was leveled, and Greece was recently torn into shambles, and yet, we as a country did absolutely nothing about it. Oh but this shadow corporation maverick sure is, they're on top of almost every big crisis that occurs. As are several other renegade teams filled with superhumans with God knows what powers. But not us folks, not us, we're not doing our best to defend our country, other people are."

"Now, lets look at the other presidential candidates, more specifically Vice President Samuel Washington, military man. What do we know about this guy? Or what agenda he may have with that legion of guys in super powered suits? Now, I was a military man myself, I served my country proudly for years in the army, many of our past presidents have. At face-value, this guy seems like he want's the best for our country, and that's nice and all but we don't need someone like that running the country, we need guys like him back inside the military helping protect us. If I were to see him, I'd say ' buddy, just drop out, go back to doing what you know best.' "

He continues, this time starting in a mocking tone. "Oh but Mr. Savage, you just went on about how we're not doing anything military wise. You know what kinda people are gonna say that? Idiots, people who don't get my point. Yes, we need to stronger military presence but we don't need a president who only knows that."

"Now this Octavian guy. Let me tell you; thoroughly convinced he wants to destroy this magnificent country. He wants to put millions of Americans out of jobs by replacing them with meta-humans. Let me tell you, about a year ago I sat down with my old friend Atalia McStorm, lovely woman with wonderful children by the way, she owned a multi-billion dollar company and I took at look at her employees, and I noticed they were all mostly human, great hard workers by the way. Now this was peculiar to me because the McStorms are publicly mutants, and I figured that they would try and help their mutant friends out by giving them jobs. But they didn't, and I asked her why and she says a lot of mutants are capable of getting work easily as a mercenary or by getting into some super powered team funded by some rich guy. But humans aren't so lucky to be born with the ability to see through walls or level buildings with a tap, most humans get by on wit and ingenuity. Atalia was assassinated last year...God bless her soul."

He looks down solemnly for a moment, and looks up with a penetrating stare at the crowd.

"....Do any of you recall the conspiracy theorists, that said things such as robots taking over our jobs? Well, Doc Oc over here intends on bringing us to that point, but switching robots with mutants, and meta-humans and etcetera. "

"This country has been weakened by failed presidents. Stark? Stark was an idiot for removing Gothic from America, now it's the target of terrorists and crime lords. But I won't touch too much on that because it's been talked about to death. President Pierce was killed and so was Newcastle, and Quentin is God know's where. We haven't had a solid president in too long folks, but I'll change that. Because as of today, I'm making it my mission to become president and make America GREAT Again!"

Vote For Orion Savage
Vote For Orion Savage

#1 Posted by Turncoat (259 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't ravage the Savage.

#2 Edited by Gale_Xanders (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

@orion_savage:

Let's see...Gale is already spoken for but I'm sure I have at least one character that wants to help elect Orion Tru...er..Savage =).

#3 Edited by Orion_Savage (714 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for erinys_draconis
#4 Posted by Erinys_Draconis (621 posts) - - Show Bio

Time to go to work, I see.

#5 Posted by The_Shogun (4803 posts) - - Show Bio

I would vote for you but I heard you have small hands.

#6 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio

Snickers

Avatar image for xzenix-everdeen
#7 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3752 posts) - - Show Bio

You're not fit to be a president, no way am I voting for you.

#8 Posted by Orion_Savage (714 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_shogun:

No Caption Provided

You must be speaking from first-hand knowledge, Ivana.

#9 Posted by The_Shogun (4803 posts) - - Show Bio

@orion_savage: I think the one with first-hand knowledge would be you. You probably have a lot of first hand knowledge. And none of any other type ~_^

#10 Posted by Lance_West (576 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh hell yeah, let my brother into the White House.

#11 Posted by Orion_Savage (714 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_shogun:

Weak compared to your usual stuff lol

You know you really walked into it lmao

#12 Edited by The_Shogun (4803 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Orion_Savage (714 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Orion_Savage (714 posts) - - Show Bio

I would've liked to hit the other presidents harder but I never really fallowed any of the presidential stuff before lol

#15 Posted by Lance_West (576 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

#16 Posted by Orion_Savage (714 posts) - - Show Bio

Shit I was drinking water when I saw that.

Avatar image for devil_by_design
#17 Posted by Devil_by_Design (171 posts) - - Show Bio

I was waiting for that attack on Vex. Lol

#18 Posted by Orion_Savage (714 posts) - - Show Bio

@devil_by_design: I'll slam him too :D

Not gonna until he announces it officially IC.

Avatar image for isadora_knightfall
#19 Posted by Isadora_Knightfall (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Is a human or a mutant?

#20 Posted by Orion_Savage (714 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Isadora_Knightfall (129 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Orion_Savage (714 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by K_Brimstone (902 posts) - - Show Bio

Stone listened to the idiot on the television.

What has the military done about it? He thought We did plenty ass hat. Just because you never heard of GrimWatch or OverWatch just means we did our jobs right. There were so many freakin' 'events" that ALMOST happened you'd wet your pants. We might not have been able to stop or defeat everything, but that's what STRIKE, and the civilian meta teams are for.

"Find out what you're talking about first, hero" With that Stone clicked off the TV.

#25 Posted by Isadora_Knightfall (129 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for lord_knightfall
#26 Posted by Lord_Knightfall (303 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Edited by Orion_Savage (714 posts) - - Show Bio

@lord_knightfall: Yeah, but I've never heard of this giving a DNA sample thing before. Googled it and I didn't see anything about U.S presidential candidates having to give a DNA sample.

#28 Posted by Isadora_Knightfall (129 posts) - - Show Bio

@lord_knightfall: Yeah, but I've never heard of this giving a DNA sample thing before. Googled it and I didn't see anything about U.S presidential candidates having to give a DNA sample.

Its in one of threads. Something about a "new" CVnU policy. Check the most recent political threads. It isn't buried

#29 Edited by Lord_Knightfall (303 posts) - - Show Bio

@orion_savage: It might be a CVnU rule?

Edit: Oh, never mind. Post #28 just said so.

#31 Posted by Orion_Savage (714 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Isadora_Knightfall (129 posts) - - Show Bio

@orion_savage: Dont let me down. You my darkhorse favorite. If one more mutant become POTUS we riot.

#33 Posted by Orion_Savage (714 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Lord_Knightfall (303 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Lichter (5808 posts) - - Show Bio

@orion_savage: Hey there! I see you've already been briefed, but ever since Quentin went missing, I want it to at least seem like the CIA is doing something about it. Seeming suspicious of new candidates (those who would benefit most from his disappearance) is a good start, so I figured I'd collect some DNA.

The contents of your DNA won't disbar you from running IC or anything, either, unless it matches a known extranormal entity that's a national security threat or whatever.

(And yes, to any curious, I do know the rules about DNA evidence in courtrooms. But this is Earth-CVnU, where we've had like 4 evil presidents in a row. I feel like these sorts of changes would be enacted.)

#36 Posted by Orion_Savage (714 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: Fair enough.

So long as you don't publicly announce Orion being a mutant we're Gucci.

#37 Posted by Lichter (5808 posts) - - Show Bio