Policy Blog: STRIKE.

Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Mr. Washington, many have called STRIKE a vigilante organization, or rouge nation, after they severed tis with the United States. What say you?

First off, I'd like to say that I have no grudge with Tyrus, or any of her employees. I respect the good work they do around the world. But we do not need unsanctioned "world police," unanswerable to anyone. Governments were created for that very reason, to make people with any sort of power answerable to a higher power, but one duly elected. No one asked STRIKE to do what they d, and f they decided to kill innocents, there is no way to stop them but by force. As Vice President, I have constructed several ways to do what STRIKE does around the world, with people who know there will be consequences for doing wrong. Most are classified or in development, but you've already met the Titanium Legion, our international emergency response team. STRIKE will be welcomed back with open arms, and fully funded, if Tyrus chooses to swallow her pride and stop holding a grudge. But in my opinion, they are illegal vigilantes, and cannot be allowed to operate if we wish for civilization to continue. After all, what if I decided I knew what was best for America, and took the law into my own hands, killing who I saw fit?

Relevant questions welcomed.

#1 Posted by Orion_Savage (714 posts) - - Show Bio

^_~

#2 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue: Interesting.

I still don't like the way he speaks though, to emotionally based to me. Is he supposed to be that way?

(Take note: I think the majority of people are to emotionally biased. )

#3 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic: He definitely has motive behind his speech patterns, but it's also me trying on regional accents and the like.

#4 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue:

Well, he definitely sounds like a politician. Congratulations for that part!

#5 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Bibpin (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic: Pathos is one of the most important parts of any political campaign.

#8 Posted by Lichter (5808 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Orion_Savage (714 posts) - - Show Bio

@bibpin said:

@admirallogic: Pathos is one of the most important parts of any political campaign.

Sometimes.

#10 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@bibpin: That's just unfortunate. That might be why I don't like the way most politicians sound. Because they sound like emotional manipulators to me.

#11 Posted by Bibpin (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic: Humans are emotional creatures in many regards. Emotions effect people's judgement whether they intend it to or not. If you want to compete in influencing people, in this case to get someone to vote for you, you can't ignore a powerful tool like emotion even if you truly have the best intentions. Manipulation is a part of life but it doesn't have to be a bad thing.

#12 Edited by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@bibpin:

But it is extremely like lying. Emotions should be put under control, which unfortunately people don't seem to do. Even emotional people are capable of it. The problem is people don't try, so they become these easily moldable tools.

#13 Posted by Bibpin (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic: I would argue there is no purpose to life without emotion. How can you put value to anything without emotion? What is a life worth? The joy it creates and the pain it inflicts, or how many grams of waste it will produce in it's lifetime and how many litters of oxygen it displaces through breathing like any other logical statistic. Logic is in a sense illogical.

Why shouldn't you lie if it will protect those you or others care about? Is a lie evil if it protects a greater, arguably logical, good?

#14 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@bibpin: I never said emotion was entirely useless. But it does corrupt if uncontrolled.

Actually lying leads to further sins, as well as effects those very things you were trying to protect. What is so important it's worth lying about? I have gone over scenarios but every one comes up with it being a faulted action.

#15 Edited by Bibpin (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic: As I stated, protecting those you or others care about. There is no greater good and if you must lie to accomplish that I see no "sin". If you were to tell a man threatening to kill you to find and kill a loved one, the person you cherished most has died so they can't find and kill them as well, even if it costs your own life, there is nothing sinful I see.

#16 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@bibpin:

First of all, hostage situations are mostly an illusion and can be dealt with differently than that.

The greater good I know and love is to serve God and hopefully get to Heaven once I'm dead. If that gets my family killed, I pray they died in grace so they may go to Heaven as well.

#17 Posted by Bibpin (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic: I have no intention of arguing theology here.

In a "hostage situation" could you keep a man intent on nothing but killing those you care about with a gun pointed at your head from killing someone you love without using every ability you possess including a lie?

#18 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@bibpin:

Actually in that case there is no reason to believe he won't pull the trigger anyway. And yes, even then I would not lie.

#19 Posted by Bibpin (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic: If you could lie so that he will believe they're already dead and give up he wouldn't be able to pull the trigger on them. I find the notion of allowing someone you care about to die is a far greater moral lapse than a lie personally.

#20 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@bibpin: Perhaps you think so. But it wasn't my sin that got them killed, and sometimes people see through lies. So it may have been useless anyway.

People only seem to see it that way because it appears cold hearted when in truth it's just using logic over emotion. It also might freak out the person that you were so willing to let them do it, possibly scaring them into not doing it.

#21 Posted by Lichter (5808 posts) - - Show Bio

:|

#22 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: My thoughts exactly.

Hey guys, mind taking it to PM?

#23 Edited by Bibpin (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic:

It's not simply cold hearted to allow a death due to your personal emotional beliefs, it's illogical, far from using logic over emotion. You would rather lead a killer to the person they intend to kill with the irrational assumption that by doing this they will decide not to kill them than lying or simply refusing to answer? I haven't seen a leap of logic so innane in quite some time.

#24 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic: @bibpin: Please, stop derailing my blog and take it to PM. It's flooding my notifications and detracting from the actual point of the blog.

#25 Edited by Bibpin (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue: I'm terribly sorry. I didn't mean for this to be a disruptive. This will be the last you here of it.

#26 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@bibpin: Quite alright, that kind of fallacious reasoning should be pointed out wherever it appears. I just would have preferred t to be somewhere else lol

#27 Edited by Bibpin (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue: I understand. Best luck in your campaign by the way.

Looking forward to reading more.

#28 Edited by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@bibpin: Thanks, man. You an alt of someone I know?

#29 Posted by Bibpin (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue:

No I'm actually new here. I only found comicvine after hearing my dad talk about it. I'm still getting used to everything but it seems fun so far.