Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Anthony_Stark
No Caption Provided
It will.
It will.

-An extract from Peak International opening evening-

Our show is starting over, ladies and gentlemen.

Everything is achievable through technology. For the first time in human history, the stars are no longer outside of our grasp.

I'm Anthony Stark, and Peak International is about bring humanity one step closer to reaching the peak of our potential.

For a moment, please, bare with me. Because what I intend to do, is create a lazier world.

It is said that all of the biggest technological inventions created by man – the airplane, the automobile, the computer – speak volumes about it's laziness.

Picture a world, if you please, where instead of one hundred workman using large, ugly pieces of machinery to build a space shuttle, you could use specially designed suits with interchangeable parts to exponentially increase speed, save money -- And most importantly, render all builders free from any harm in the workplace.

What about another example? Education.

For this one, let us look back a mere thousand years into our growing history.

Only a handful of individuals could read and write. Mathematics and science were only for the learned, and a machine used in medieval siege warfare for hurling large stones was seen as the pinnacle of humanity's innovation, the very peak of our mental genius...

...Who would have known a mere thousand years later a ten-year-old boy could perform rushed mathematical equations before school starts because he spent all night playing a second hand Play Station Three - which is inconceivably more complex than the "pinnacle" of innovation seen one thousand years prior.

What if that young man, or woman, could understand and build his or her own game console? What if they could understand complex equations like I do? In my absence from the public spotlight, I have devised an educational program fit to change our children's minds. Fit to allow an entire generation to proper and grow - Beyond our planetary limitations.

Our future lies not on planet Earth, ladies and gentlemen. But in the wider universe.

This is not just the start of something new.

This is the end of the old world completely. Together... we will build a new world. A better one.

A universe within our grasp

No Caption Provided

Since Anthony Stark's assumed destruction at the telekinetic hands of The Sanguine, one of the worlds most vaunted and esoteric assassins, Anthony Stark was presumed missing, and subsequently, pronounced dead by the world when Quintus Knightfall took credit for his demise during an epic battle which left the White House almost destroyed.

In truth, Stark had forged his own death and used Mercy to facilitate such an act. In doing so, the Mechanical Maestro took to exploring the wider universe as Earth had grown boring. Anthony discovered new planets, aliens and much more in his time away, ever expanding his mind and even basic understanding of science.

Since returning to earth, Anthony originally intended to recreate The Peak; but this time in the form of an even larger and more diverse corporation. But at the last moment, opted to simply specialize the company in all things space exploration and eventual settlement among the stars. With a wealth of knowledge and an abundance of technological innovation it came seamless that Peak International would propel itself into global business acclaim, competition with and making many nervous at NASA.

There is also a large historical statue of Anthony Stark at the front of the building. This was recovered from the wreckage of Kamelot many years ago, only now finding use once more. Constructed from pure black vibranium, the statue is a one of a kind masterpiece, sculpted remembrance to when the world thought Anthony Stark was tragically slain.

Restricted zone

No Caption Provided

Although most of Stark's armors are now stored off-world, he does keep an armory of suits based in the building for emergencies and or/part replacements. The suits are locked within an impenetrable vault that even his most cutting edge suit of armor would be unable to blast through. The restricted zone is located under the building and only accessible to him.

Security

Owing to the fact Anthony Stark was once a defense contractor, the building has a high degree of security. By having four high-tech pieces of disguised equipment stationed on four corners just outside the building, the building controls powerful magnetic fields around itself, simply letting Stark and Horizon control metals in and around building in the unlikely event of an attack.

Using this, Stark has the ability to render most forms of modern firearms and bullets useless and even the more elusive ninja-type warriors floating around are weakened. Every wall within the building both interior and exterior are made of a smart material, upon any impact they seek to find the source of the aggressor and relay this back to the security teams to deal.

Everyone within the building unless they find a way to mask their presence, will be automatically be logged onto the system by Horizon. To note, several buildings surrounding the compound had been bought off as they are now property of Tony Stark in the eventuality that he has to throw anyone into one (historically, Stark once flew Amaranth into an opposite skyscraper in defense). There are also tactically stationed armors all placed around the building (hidden the the walls), upon an attack the Prehistorian Guard suits pop out and deals.

The Praetorian Guard

No Caption Provided

Anthony Stark's personal bodyguards, these are fully mechanized suits capable of dishing out enough damage to hurt even the most formidable foe.

The Praetorian suit is predominately made from a greatly enhanced version of Chobham, a classified armor used by the British army on their Challenger Two tank.

Due to the extreme hardness of the ceramic used, it offers superior resistance against a explosives and has a very good resistance against armor penetrating rounds, causing them to shatter upon impact. To date, few Chobham armored suits have been defeated by enemy fire in combat.

During the second Iraq war in 2003, a Challenger 2 tank using a lesser version of Chobham became stuck in a ditch while fighting in Basra against Iraqi forces.

The crew remained safe inside for many hours, the composite Chobham armour protecting them from enemy fire, including rocket propelled grenades without damage.

The Praetorian Guard possess an almighty, albeit rugged array of offensive capabilities. Nowhere near the technological prowess of Stark, but rather merging all of the world's best weaponry into a single suit of unstoppable armor.

The armor features a triple-barred missile launcher stored within both gauntlets, another shoulder-mounted missile launcher ca pale of firing miniaturized rounds found in fighter jets and a modern minigun that renders even some of the toughest armor into scrap metal. The suit is also able to exert a strict 50 tons of metric force before damaging itself. The most technological weapon technically lies within it's feat, the repulsor rays used for flight can also be turned offensive.

Rules;

• This is functionally a base of operations for Stark. I can't write him without one.
  • Feel free to visit if there is a reason for it. (Under no circumstances can anyone access secure areas without OOC permission.)
  • Peak International is comparable to NASA: whilst holding many subsidiaries in global aerospace, defense, security and advanced technologies company with worldwide interests.
  • Sell the defense but feel free to ultimately wreck them. They are NPC's and not nearly as skilled as Stark.
Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nikoleta_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nikoleta_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Great_Samson

@anthony_stark:

Samson strode into the building clad in the armor of the modern knight, a three piece suit accented by glasses that masked the true and brillian color of his eyes. "Good morning.", said he to the secretary with a smile that could've truly been the God's. "I happen to have an unresolved business regarding the company's stock. Would you be so kind and notify Mr Stark that Augustus Sampson is waiting in the lobby? The name won't tell you or him absolutely nothing. I hope that alone piques his interest."

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nikoleta_strix:

Don't do that, two of the most powerful business people in the world have a deal to make first =).

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Anthony_Stark

@great_samson:

A holographic receptionist greeted Samson, who instantly replied, "Mr Stark said follow the path to the elevator and his office." On the ground, green lights flashed as though it was directing the godlike individual where to walk. Anthony was sitting in his office chair, a feeling that he hadn't felt in years. It was a lifetime since he had run an agency like this in person.

Avatar image for ali_sani_bashir
Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

and here, we, go

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthony_stark:

"Hm?", he glanced over the green lit path. "Hh.", fleetingly chuckling The Man of Steel set towards the elevator. More and more this asylum feels more like a tax office. Last joke was managed as the metal door behind him shut close and lifted him into the heights of modern architecture and heavens of contemporary technology.

He unbuttoned the jacket of his suit as he sat down into the seat before the mogul himself, the shirt and vest underneath already hugging his chiseled figure tightly. The ankle of his right leg rested ontop of the other's knee as he retreated intertwined fingers to his waist.

Solemnly silent 'Augustus' remained, eyes veiled by prescription glasses beckoning the owner of the organization to dialog.

Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ali_Sani_Bashir
Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@great_samson:

Anthony eyes up this bulky individual, scrutinizing every detail. The man seemed like a fine human specimen, but did his voicebox work? Apparently not... Or maybe Samson was slow in the head, or simply a time waster; or, how much Stark had missed meetings. "So you're a shareholder?" Anthony questioned, "I know every single one and I don't know who you are." Stark leaned back. "What are you looking for, employment? Technology, hm?"

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Dirge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By _Dirge_

Always liked Stark. It's good to see him back.

Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Great_Samson

@anthony_stark:

There was something oddly satisfying in driving one of the world's foremost experts in robotics to question...well, anything. It made even the village idiot feel good and warm inside.

No Caption Provided

Luring, August opened his mouth with an expression that sincerely seemed to confirm everthing Stark said and immediately slid into a lowkey: "No." But no to what? It happened to be a no to everything.

"My maternal grandfather, now he was a shareholder. Thomas Faraday of Tír na hÓige...", the Gaelic almost broke his tongue, being new to the language yet proud of trying. "...He had some considerable investment in the original company and I happened to have inherited all his financial obligations. My name is Augustus Sampson, sir.", the corners of his lips flared up briefly at the end of the sentence.

"I would appreciate your educated insight on the current state of -- well, for the lack of better term -- my money...seeing as you recently repainted."

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a mistake coming back, Stark.

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Anthony_Stark

@great_samson:

Anthony had once helped turn Peak industries into one of the world'' leading weapons manufacturers, but subsequently that had been taken over by Avalon. Stark began, flicking a switch on his desk which instantly brought up a screen of The Peak, then Kamelot, and finally Avalon.

"When Peak industries was dismantled it restructured into Kamelot," Stark was secretly involved in the companies later demise, technically destroying his own business. "And Kamelot, unfortunately was destroyed in a large-scale battle with a mutant known as Amaranth." Stark flicked a switch as it then showed Avalon. "The Knightfall's owned a large, the largest actually, stake in Kamelot. In it's demise Avalon enterprise took over." And Antonia, his old colleague, became in charge. "Any stocks which were once held within the Peak were transferred to Kamelot, which were in turn, converted to Avalon stocks. This process was overseen by the likes of Quintus Knightfall and Antonia Dain respectively. I am sorry, Mr Sampson.... But Peak International no longer holds even a portion of your assets, it's a new entity entirely."

Stark smiled, interlocking his fingers.

"But if you are looking for a monetary reimbursement; I would gladly take your services in exchange. You seem... Capable."

The Titan smiled, looking into the man's eyes.

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@great_samson:

I would gladly take your services in exchange. You seem... Capable."

The Titan smiled, looking into the man's eyes.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthony_stark:

It sounded so dirty. But then again, who knows what kind of stuff Stark is into.

No Caption Provided

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Great_Samson

@anthony_stark:

"Oh, thank goood.", The Secret Sun God uttered at the end of Stark's presentation. Teeth clutching under closed eyes as he inhaled deeply in relief. Then he refocused on the Technological Giant and leaned back into the chair after he regained his composure. A state of internal zen was found, a fleeting one.

Then the proposition came. He frowned with a modicum of subdermal anger, but in an instance dismissed the feeling altogether. "I also happen to actually be capable.", again he smiled, now with a predatory spark in his eye. "But I wasn't born capable. Right now I am all dressed in this fake sophistication to take after an ancestry I didn't even know, but it was the long, oh sooo damn long, years in the poor streets that made me who I really am. Capable.", slowly, with killing intent emanating from his titanic figure, he rose from hi luxury chair.

"The streets of Gothic City. Your ghetto of Poverty Flats, representin'.", he buttoned the jacket of his shirt, now towering over the sitting man at his 6'4'' of herculean muscle. His words seeped with sardonic emphasis.

"And while the extent of my capability is vast...", he began ominously, the warm inflection of his voice now cold and deep. He leaned closer to his opposite and whispered: "...I'd rather f*&king die than to use it for the likes of you."

Standing tall again, he gave Stark a momentary staredown before turning around and aiming his walk towards the door.

"But I won't waste it on you either. Rot.", he disappeared.

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Anthony_Stark

@great_samson: (Loved it, so intense considering Stark's past)

Anthony remained silent as Samson spoke. As the man left, Stark stared absently at the doorway for five minutes without a word.

He then sighed, heavily.

--Horizon, why am I back here?--

The artificial intelligence, for once, did not respond instantly. Even that had to ponder in thought.

It replied.

>I don't know, Sir<

The Ex-President leaned back further into his chair, sinking into it hoping a black hole would engulf him.

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Great_Samson

@anthony_stark: (Love returned, that ending was very organic. He's clearly plagued by his past.)

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@great_samson: (This isn't the last Samson has seen of Stark, mark my words).

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@great_samson:

I don't know what happened to the Nox one you made. I can't find it.

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60322c75112c3
deactivated-60322c75112c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthony_stark:

"Do you think your father would have so...energetically, pursued a meeting with such a polarizing figure as Mr. Stark?" The soft spoken question by Nancy Sands, an up and coming journalist, was poised with theatrical pause. Her manicured hand extended towards the philosophically postured nobleman Ali Bashir as he confidently sat and weighed his response. Stoically shouldering the anchored expectations of an entire culture. A culture that had remained (until recently) relatively unknown and secluded from the metahuman maelstrom that had taken root throughout the rest of the globe. Previously safe-guarded by its former, now deceased ambassador, Bundi Bashir-The Great Khan. Ali's fallen father, who had meticulously insulated the region with hardline diplomatic distinction and exclusive interactions with the outside World. But after perishing in a suspicious house fire, there were then many within the region looking to the Bashir Bishop to continue the conservative agenda of his father, of his father's legacy.

"You must understend Ms. Sends, my father had a vision for dee future of his people, but I can not stend by en'watch as dee rest of dee World implodes around dat vision. There will be no future for any of us if do not immediately ect. I believe Mr. Stark to be ee man of innovative genius and shared concern, en thus a potential chempion of possible superhuman reform." Large captivating eyes conveyed the subtle nuisances of regal embrocation as Ali elegantly revealed the meaning behind his intercontinental visit.

Off the convoying sides of the brand new GLE coupes, escorting Bashir towards what he believed to be the future , the luminescent reflection of Stark International offered a visual confirmation that the Black Republican and his delegation had arrived. His lethal and lovely assistants immediately upon his door allowing for a fluent and stylish exit. Each one falling to formation behind their millennial monarch while Ms. Sands, caught off guard by the focused and rapid pace, struggled to catch up. Ultimately abandoned on the bottom floor with the holographic Horizon, having failed to secure passage inside the state of the art elevator headed upstairs.

(no spoilers needed, this isnt from the movie...)
(no spoilers needed, this isnt from the movie...)

Ali mutely gestured, nodding to either side disengaging his personal protectorates with an unspoken directive. Before proceeding along a narrow technologically advanced corridor headed towards the Ultra Utilitarian's office. "Good afternoon Mr. Stark. My neme is Ali Bashir. I believe you were expecting me." he respectfully nodded

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Anthony_Stark

@ali_sani_bashir:

No Caption Provided

The Merchant of Death tinkered with his suit not out of necessity but habit, it was the one craft he could not possibly come under scrutiny for.

For many years Anthony had executed some very questionable decisions, all of which subject to the very highest (and lowest) level of scrutiny an individual could find themselves under.

Building and tinkering with his technological creations offered Mr Stark a true semblance of control, he was undoubtedly one of the worlds, no universe's leading scientists and mechanic. Anthony had become so enraptured in his Annihilator Armor blueprint that he did not heed prior warning from Horizon that Mr Bashir had arrived, responding a less than timely thirty seconds after the man's arrival.

"Good afternoon Mr. Stark. My neme is Ali Bashir. I believe you were expecting me."

When he did speak however, Stark forwent looking towards the Scottish Shadow. Not out of rudeness but because he did not want to look anyone in the eyes ever again, at least not with his human ones. "Mr Bashir," since returning to earth, Anthony had been berated by virtually every individual whom had set their sight upon him, including Great Samson a mere ten minutes ago. "I hope you found my office without trouble. Now then, why the visit?" Midst speaking the Technological Titan continued fiddle with the hologram before him.

Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthony_stark:

No Caption Provided

Through either purposeful or introverted social malnourishment the famed titan of technological industry had sought to address the cordial, all be it unknown, crusader of superhuman legislation with his back turned. Taking what others may have perceived to be a direct and wilful slight in silent stride, the stoic liaison harmlessly began to look around the immediate surrenders. Gathering and simultaneously analyzing a myriad of subtle character traits through the perceived state of the inventors eccentric environment and behavior.

"Tis raddah simple Mr. Stark." himself now only partially invested as in the exchange of dialog. The distractions of an imagination run wild briefly taking hold. Now mobile, Ali investigated the coffee table reading materials laid out along smart made table before catching a quick glimpse of the holographic layout that had arrested all of Stark's attention. Though nearly as quickly, Ali diverted his eyes. Uncontrolled curiosity was an anchor of weaker minds then his. "You are a man of true vision dis is true, but I believe you greatest asset lies in your experience. Both as a defender as well as a politician." Curled, exercised arms curled behind the Scottish Shadow's back having relieved his frame of his designer jacket. Approaching with more casual disregard then previously intended. "I think it is sefe to sey det you resided over dee most controversial era of any presidency, before or after. Not since dee febled Machiavelli has ee politician so spectacularly forged his own death."Realizing he was dangerously close to wandering off topic, Ali stopped and stood firm. "Dee World is slowly coming to dee relation that superhuman registration is inevitable. An in its reactionery fear its citizens will revolt no matter how diplomatic dee approach, no amount of hand holding or coddling is going to chenge det. But if dee legislation is strong and its proponents unified, dee foundetion for a sefer tomorrow cen be poured and allowed to set."

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ali_sani_bashir:

That because the asshole that you're talking to made it that way.

Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hound_of_war: Who knew a country with so much democratic pride rose and fell atop the shoulders of but a solitary man.

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ali_sani_bashir:

Well to be fair to Stark, it was two other man and a woman who did this to the country.

But don't worry. It will me a mutant who fixes the U.S.

#DonntCryStrix

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Lichter

So, if Stark is known to have kidnapped the President (as I assume he will be upon our return), then won't his company be seized and / or ruined?