The History of Oristicon is a tragic one. Once considered the crown jewel of the Outer Rim, encased in a wonderous nebula in a system that bears its name, it has since fell from grace due to nearly a century of war between the Empire and the Republic. Its significant natural resources caught the eyes of the Empire, which in turn lead to a series of invasions on the once Republic held sector. Since becoming absorbed into the sphere of Imperial influence, the multiple metropolises have slowly degraded due to emigration, as rumors of mass slave labor have become prevalent in the fields of Carbon, Desh, Neutronium, Diamond and Crystal mining. Oristiconian Sapphires, the prizes of the planet, are sought out across the galaxy for their rarity and beauty, as well as being one of the most powerful crystals for lightsabers and honored amongst the Jedi as gifts.
Yet, unknown to most of the galaxy, long ago Oristicon was a haven for Sith studies and sorcery within the mountainous oceanside region known as the Ilariskii range but also many fortified structures and perils aplenty.
The Empire has dealt with rebellion in small occurrences since its conquering, however they were sporadic and isolated events until recently. For many years a Rebellion movement has spread and had gained traction, until Darth Miltiades crushed the insurgency and now the planet, broken and battle-scarred, faces nigh extinction at the hands of the Empire as punishment.
Sapphire City, capital of the world, now burns...
more details coming soon...
With a population of approximately twenty billion people, Oristicon boasts a medium sized population in the Galaxy, but one of the largest in the Outer Rim.
Oristicon is primarily Human inhabited, accounting for 90% of its population while a significant portion of the remainder is split between Rodians and Duros. An impressive Cerean population exists, given their extraordinary low birth rate, it supports the highest number of Cerean inhabitants in the Outer Rim. Due to its proximity to various Hyperlanes and an economic trade-hub, Oristicon's merchant and transportation sectors support most sentient species from across the galaxy.
Several Megacities exist on Oristicon, however the most famous of all is known as Sapphire City. Named for the source of its great prosperity and the glimmering blue river that carves it way though its many boroughs, its population is nearly half of the planet's, approximately 9.6 billion. Also conveniently located next to the ocean, it has become a center for watersports and marina lifestyle only known to the wealthiest citizens in the galaxy and a popular destination for tourism from the Core Worlds. Situated behind the city is the Ilariskii range, forming a natural barricade of the elements and providing defenses from western advances.
- Temperate Climate: lacking extremes and possesses four seasons typically save for the coasts which lack winter snow
- Colonized Moon: Once a Carbon mining colony, the moon known as Durbon One supports a large network of fortresses being to the Empire
- Karst Topography: Beneath the ground lay seemingly uncountable systems of caverns due to vast limestone erosion
- Bioluminescent Waters: A unique form of algae resides within the various oceans, seas and lakes of Oristicon, giving their shores a glittering blue light and large swathes of these bioluminescent algae drifts gives deeper waters, near the surface, hundreds of acres of color.
- Ilariskii Range: Large North-South running mountain chain that supports various networks of fortresses and long lost Sith artifacts.
Details and pictures coming soon...
Karst Topography and Bioluminescence concepts provided by Aelia Stormwind
- Recent Events: Miltiades' Wrath
- This Location is currently in the state of constant planet-wide warfare and Imperial occupation; mild destruction of sites (within reason) are allowed due to nature of geopolitics and wartime. However, major destruction of occupied territories such as the Ilariskii range and Sapphire City are prohibited unless contacting Sargon Stryfe or Darth Miltiades prior.
- SW: GDA Rules Apply
- Have A Good Time (b~_^)b