#1 Edited by Arenaceus_ (391 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

It came across so much of the media that could cover it, laptops, phones televisions it was a message meant for the world. It tried to be as politely timed and as nonthreating as such could be. And to the credit of Chase Conglomerate its worked, a good number are looking to the facilities and the skies in a hope of expanding their jurisdiction. Some question what kind of man so fresh on the scene has the right to take such drastic actions. Some however know of their reputation, and savor the potential more then the risk. It stands within good reason that perhaps a new era of heroics is on the horizon. For every bold public play however, there is also a back lash.

Operating outside of the law is a norm for the costumed crusaders, this unified effort runs a chance of bringing down what some see as the only way to get things done. Chase Conglomerate and the mysterious Nightwarden have done good work, but some cant help but see simply where such wasn't. How they didn't help when France was in need, how when a city of gods fell in Nebraska this up and coming force was on neither side. And some villains just want to see the threat laid to rest before it has a chance of taking hold.

Enter Arenaceus, the digital sandstorm who's looked to pay a pretty penny to anyone willing to take action against the installation. An added pretty penny if successfully toppling the installation. Their mission should this band of misfits chose to accept it, bring the satellite crashing down. But can the vigilantes and criminals even work together? And do they stand a chance against the growing number of Wardens and the Chase security.

Rules and Things

1. Standard rules

2. Try and keep it street to mid tier. Instant solutions wouldn't be as fun

3. Most are probably here to join the wardens or hired to raid, if you have other motives please make it one that makes sense

4. has the fun

OP will drop hopefully today or tomorrow

#2 Edited by j_the_toymaker (537 posts) - - Show Bio

Noice. Will prolly join as this guy.

#3 Edited by _Reynard_ (3203 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhh. Well I guess I can't participate. Good luck to you guys. My character is too high tier.

#4 Posted by Iridum (370 posts) - - Show Bio

@_reynard_: I'm sure your fine. An exception to the rule

Really I don't care about levels, I just don't want someone trying to one shot the base or one shot the attackers.

#5 Edited by BladeBrave (338 posts) - - Show Bio

What if I want to join but I refuse to have fun? What then, huh?

In all seriousness, Safeguard group discussed it, we're in. We won't be official wardens, but we'll ally ourselves with the wardens in order to help defend against the insurrection. They are about to be LA based, although they're currently still working out the details of that. Depending on when this drops, we might ship out from the Safeguard locale and relocate to LA afterwards, or we might be in LA beforehand, either way works for our group.

#6 Posted by _Reynard_ (3203 posts) - - Show Bio

@iridum:

Ok. Cool. Then looking forward to it.

#7 Posted by Iridum (370 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Mr_Warthen (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Question:

Arenacious is trying to take down the Warden thing by hiring people to take down the satellite?

If that is correct I'd like to know if I could have Luis Proulx come and try to help the Wardens? Proulx would have come saying that he was here to become a Warden but he was really just investigating to see if this would turn out to be real and not some trick. Then when they're attacked he fights with them hoping someday they'll end up actually doing some good even if they end up attacking the Knights of Justice at some point.

#9 Edited by NightWarden17 (845 posts) - - Show Bio

@arenaceus_: Awesome post buddy! Sorry I'm late, was involved in schoolwork. Chase's company is called Chase Conglomerates by the way, would you mind editing? Will be at a school function tonight and have a lot of work this week, will post when I can. Thanks to everyone for their support!

@bladebrave Would Safeguard be willing to be advocates of the Warden Project in the future, even though they're their own group? Again, I must stress, members can be as independent or dependent as they like. Public support from Safeguard would help strengthen the project's image publicly and ease the mixed reactions to it.

Hoping to have a fairly even number of people per side, although if logical enough there can be some there for their own reasons, which could set up future events.

#10 Posted by Arenaceus_ (391 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_warthen: Its an open affair, more competition the better lol just a pick a side and jump in kind of deal is what I'll be going for. Short version ye your good

#11 Posted by NightWarden17 (845 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_warthen: That sounds awesome. Go ahead, I'm for it.

#12 Posted by NightWarden17 (845 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by BladeBrave (338 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightwarden17:

I think that's something we'd have to discuss in group. If nothing else, getting involved in this will be a reason to open up dialogue, but I'm not sure that's the direction the group wants to take and I'm not able to speak for the group as a whole. We'll see how it goes and talk about it.

@iridum:

You're still grounded, go back to your room.

#14 Posted by NightWarden17 (845 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by 614azrael (10462 posts) - - Show Bio
"Good job Blades, I'm sure the hellion will listen"

@bladebrave: :P

@nightwarden17: no prob wasnt exactly a hard edit to get to ^.^

#16 Posted by Mr_Warthen (706 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by _Reynard_ (3203 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait. Is the RP up yet?

#18 Posted by 614azrael (10462 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by Mr-Teddy (300 posts) - - Show Bio

In. Hired gun.

Avatar image for subspace_slicer
#20 Edited by Subspace_Slicer (1406 posts) - - Show Bio

In. Medical professional for the raiders.

#21 Posted by Arenaceus_ (391 posts) - - Show Bio
friggen work
friggen work

was kinda rushed as I got to get ready.

Basically though Aren is paying half a mil to agree, another half if successful. And she'll do what she can to provide the resources one might want or need to go in the way they want. The target she suggested was a recently remodeled station intending to send recruits and benefactors to look about the station. Of course that rocket ship being intended to head to the satellite, theres a good chance anyone on Warden's side will be there.

Sorry it was short, that said hopefully its enough to get the ball rolling. Doesn't need over thinking just has the fun trying to take the place down or defend it. Kayle Rez is the alt I'll be using for this from a more direct stand point

#22 Posted by Zafir_Karim (492 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so should I just say Luis was there already under the pretense of joining?

Remember he is trying to determine what exactly is going on but he'll be on the wardens side once the fight starts.

#23 Posted by NightWarden17 (845 posts) - - Show Bio

@Arenaceus Do you think enough heroes will show up? The villains seem too be more frequent in number based on what I've read in the comments. That's a bit worrisome. Will the IC event for this commence soon?

#24 Posted by Orange_Water (6583 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightwarden17: You don't need to worry about me I never made a villain alt but if you need other heroes I could try and show up.

#25 Posted by Zafir_Karim (492 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Mr-Teddy (300 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna post soon.

#27 Posted by _Gaige_ (992 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightwarden17: there's at least you Zafir OW and the four members of Safeguard it should be an okay split.

#28 Posted by Fallen_Savant (214 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I think things are going to be okay once the heroes start showing up. Safeguard's a pretty solid group and there's a few more free agents as well. @nightwarden17 are you going to put out an IC "Plz halp" call for heroes somehow, or should we just sort of make our own way there? I feel like it would be weird for the heroes to get there before the villains, so I'm sort of holding back until someone says there's a problem.

#29 Posted by MonstersAndMen (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there room for one more? I'll get the bio up for Hitman as soon as possible.

=)

#30 Posted by Zafir_Karim (492 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I think things are going to be okay once the heroes start showing up. Safeguard's a pretty solid group and there's a few more free agents as well. @nightwarden17 are you going to put out an IC "Plz halp" call for heroes somehow, or should we just sort of make our own way there? I feel like it would be weird for the heroes to get there before the villains, so I'm sort of holding back until someone says there's a problem.

Yeah some clarification on that would be nice. I assumed Luis would already be there trying to understand what they're about but I never got a response on that. Of course I did just post it three hours ago so I wasn't really expecting one until maybe tomorrow.

#31 Posted by _Gaige_ (992 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallen_savant: the location to be raided is one of the means to get to the satellite, it's entirely possible to be there getting ready and what not before anything bad happens. Or you could wait that's fine to. Know there's a lot of finals this week for a good number of cv so wanted to try and make it as open as possible.

For what it's worth though my vote is for just posting, get the ball rolling ya know

#32 Posted by _Gaige_ (992 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Edited by Zafir_Karim (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@_gaige_: Ok so I can be there like I thought I was supposed to be. Thanks!

#34 Posted by MonstersAndMen (936 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Wooka (75 posts) - - Show Bio

@arenaceus_: Wooka joining. Androids be my specialty.

No Caption Provided

Let's bring Chase Conglomerate some hurt. <3

#36 Posted by Orange_Water (6583 posts) - - Show Bio

@_gaige_: That's good news I was wondering how I would get to the space station. Now all I have to do is say I'm nearby the raid site I'll wait for nightwarden to post then so I know the complete situation and write myself in from there.

#37 Posted by Mr-Teddy (300 posts) - - Show Bio

Posted.

#38 Posted by Wooka (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Posted.

#39 Posted by Lucyanna (97 posts) - - Show Bio

Will post after Nightwarden.

#40 Edited by j_the_toymaker (537 posts) - - Show Bio

Will post after Warden.

#41 Posted by VictorAdams (158 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Zafir_Karim (492 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless I'm told to do otherwise I'll probably post a sort of intro of my character tonight or tomorrow.

#43 Edited by Iridum (370 posts) - - Show Bio
Im terribly impatient
Im terribly impatient

had the time so just went ahead and gave a little intro post

#44 Edited by Zafir_Karim (492 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much just clarifying what he's doing.

#45 Posted by Orange_Water (6583 posts) - - Show Bio

Went on and posted can't wait to see what happens now.

#46 Posted by _Reynard_ (3203 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightwarden17

Hey, you posted in the IC of the thread instead of the OoC. If you have Out of Character comments post them here as it breaks the flow of the RP otherwise.

Other than that looking forward to your post, man! I'll be posting right after you.

#47 Posted by Orange_Water (6583 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by _Reynard_ (3203 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by Orange_Water (6583 posts) - - Show Bio

@_reynard_: Well that makes me feel better and will ensure my character hates you. Now if you don't mind I need to figure out how I'm gonna survive against you.

#50 Posted by NightWarden17 (845 posts) - - Show Bio

@_reynard_: My bad, I'll keep that in mind. Sincerely looking forward to writing with you! Should have a post up today or this weekend.