Official RPG Training Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Taki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Taki

drops down

DragonGateAcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By DragonGateAcer

shouldnt someone with more experience train him

Taki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Taki

congrats on your victory ealier

DragonGateAcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By DragonGateAcer

thanks Sha asked me to kill you but i wont also are you enemies with Terry

Taki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Taki

sha asked you to kill me!

that bytch!

yes i hate terry also

DragonGateAcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By DragonGateAcer

na im fine still feel i need more match practice

Garison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#107  Edited By Garison

ST you want too take my place in the rumble, I'm changing my character and that wouldn't be fare too the others

ElusiveStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By ElusiveStorm

oh geez maybe i need a refresher... i havnt fought since november

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#109  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Some Helpful Tips

=======

I see a lot of newcomers lately eager to participate in Rpgs. I think this is great, it can only add to the experience of Rpging on the Vine. Now with the creation of an Official Training Thread, I figured I would write down and post some of my thoughts.

• Describe your Powers: Don’t be afraid to mention your powers in your posts. This will always help translate what exactly your doing to your opponent and or reader. For example, if your opponent unleashes several attacks in one post. If your character has Superspeed, don’t feel guilty about dodging ALL of thee attacks. But remember to describe it in your post. Such As:

Sabretooth unleashed a series of right left combinations at Gambler

Using his Superhuman Speed and Reflexes, Gambler was just barely able to duck and backflip away from Sabretooth.

Of course it doesn’t have to be worded as such but you get the idea. If you simply dodge an attack without much detail as to how it leaves a bad taste in your opponents mouth. This also applies to attacks. If you fire an energy blast at your opponent, you may want to elaborate on the size, shape, and speed. But don’t get greedy or silly. If you say something like,

Gambler launched several kinetically charged cards at Sabretooth. They traveled at 10 times the speed of light with enough energy to blow up the sun.

That’s another form of God-Moding. This isn’t Dragon Ball Z. But something like this is totally acceptable,

Gambler launched several kinetically charged cards at Sabretooth. They traveled with breath taking speed and accuracy.

It puts a lil something on it, but nothing over the top.

• Respect: We’re all human, we all have egos and don’t want our characters looking like bitches. Give your opponent or there attack some dap (some respect) something like,

Gambler had dodged Sabretooth’s vicious onslaught. He couldn’t help but admire the evil within his enemy.

Or

Gambler was caught with a right hook. The force of which knocked him end over end. It had been sometime since he faced such a powerful foe

This doesn’t mean you have to kiss there ass, but don’t feel like you cant show them some respect either. Trust me, its worth it. Not only will it make the Rpg less competitive, but it will add to the over all story. Even if it’s a simple One on One battle there’s still a story there.

• The Little Things: What I mean by the little things is the subtle words that help bring your characters personality across to the reader. Say your character is a good guy and you want to give off that Captain America type feel. Adding things like,

Cluth stood tall and statuesque. He had a certain level of confidence about him.

Of course I’m no wordsmith and everyone will have there own words they will use. The point is not to forget to flesh out your characters personality.

I would also like to say (and I say it alot) its not about who wins and who loses, its about the story. This doesn’t mean your not giving your all but remember to make it enjoyable as well. That’s why fights where two people or teams have been talkin $#@! leading up to the fight usually don’t end well. There’s already a level of hostility before you’ve even started. No one wants to appear weak or like there baking down, so neither one gives an inch and it turns ugly. Some people are mature enough to take the trash talking for what it is, in character banter, some aren’t. Also, nobody likes a sore WINNER. Rpg fights are based on an honor system so to speak. You CANT win any fight unless the other person basically lets you. There may be several reasons why they did,

1. They had to go and didn’t want to hold the fight up.

2. There a Veteran on the Vine and there doing you a solid. They liked they way you conducted yourself and as a sign of respect, gave you the victory.

3. They felt you out wrote them. They had maybe two good posts, while you where on fire through the whole fight.

There are many reasons why someone lets you win. But the important thing to remember is, be gracious. Don’t go running around, “I beat Gambler, I kicked his ass. I curpstomped Darkchild yeah!” show some class and act like you’ve won something before. Of course if your friends with the person and know what you can an cant say that’s a different story. Everyone can appreciate a little trash talking now and then.

Well I hope this in someway shape or form helps you along the way. Peace

Post Edited:2008-03-23 10:55:13

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By The_Ghostshell

It wasn't who he beat, it was the fact he was new but posted like a pro. But I'm pretty sure he was Akira Overdrive anyway.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#111  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Yeah, like Gannon. Everyone kissed his @$$ because he beat a few people. I hope he takes a long walk in a short-lighted intersection.

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Shaper

Gambler says:

"Some Helpful Tips ======= I see a lot of newcomers lately eager to participate in Rpgs. I think this is great, it can only add to the experience of Rpging on the Vine. Now with the creation of an Official Training Thread, I figured I would write down and post some of my thoughts. * Describe your Powers: Don’t be afraid to mention your powers in your posts. This will always help translate what exactly your doing to your opponent and or reader. For example, if your opponent unleashes several attacks in one post. If your character has Superspeed, don’t feel guilty about dodging **ALL** of thee attacks. But remember to describe it in your post. Such As: *Sabretooth unleashed a series of right left combinations at Gambler* *Using his Superhuman Speed and Reflexes, Gambler was just barely able to duck and backflip away from Sabretooth.* Of course it doesn’t have to be worded as such but you get the idea. If you simply dodge an attack without much detail as to how it leaves a bad taste in your opponents mouth. This also applies to attacks. If you fire an energy blast at your opponent, you may want to elaborate on the size, shape, and speed. But don’t get greedy or silly. If you say something like, *Gambler launched several kinetically charged cards at Sabretooth. They traveled at 10 times the speed of light with enough energy to blow up the sun.* That’s another form of **God-Moding**. This isn’t Dragon Ball Z. But something like this is totally acceptable, *Gambler launched several kinetically charged cards at Sabretooth. They traveled with breath taking speed and accuracy.* It puts a lil something on it, but nothing over the top. * Respect: We’re all human, we all have egos and don’t want our characters looking like bitches. Give your opponent or there attack some dap (some respect) something like, *Gambler had dodged Sabretooth’s vicious onslaught. He couldn’t help but admire the evil within his enemy.* Or *Gambler was caught with a right hook. The force of which knocked him end over end. It had been sometime since he faced such a powerful foe* This doesn’t mean you have to kiss there ass, but don’t feel like you cant show them some respect either. Trust me, its worth it. Not only will it make the Rpg less competitive, but it will add to the over all story. Even if it’s a simple One on One battle there’s still a story there. * The Little Things: What I mean by the little things is the subtle words that help bring your characters personality across to the reader. Say your character is a good guy and you want to give off that Captain America type feel. Adding things like, *Cluth stood tall and statuesque. He had a certain level of confidence about him.* Of course I’m no wordsmith and everyone will have there own words they will use. The point is not to forget to flesh out your characters personality. I would also like to say (and I say it alot) its not about who wins and who loses, its about the story. This doesn’t mean your not giving your all but remember to make it enjoyable as well. That’s why fights where two people or teams have been talkin $#@! leading up to the fight usually don’t end well. There’s already a level of hostility before you’ve even started. No one wants to appear weak or like there baking down, so neither one gives an inch and it turns ugly. Some people are mature enough to take the trash talking for what it is, in character banter, some aren’t. Also, nobody likes a sore **WINNER.** Rpg fights are based on an honor system so to speak. You **CANT** win any fight unless the other person basically lets you. There may be several reasons why they did, 1. They had to go and didn’t want to hold the fight up. 2. There a Veteran on the Vine and there doing you a solid. They liked they way you conducted yourself and as a sign of respect, gave you the victory. 3. They felt you out wrote them. They had maybe two good posts, while you where on fire through the whole fight. There are many reasons why someone lets you win. But the important thing to remember is, be gracious. Don’t go running around, “I beat Gambler, I kicked his ass. I curpstomped Darkchild yeah!” show some class and act like you’ve won something before. Of course if your friends with the person and know what you can an cant say that’s a different story. Everyone can appreciate a little trash talking now and then. Well I hope this in someway shape or form helps you along the way. Peace
Post Edited:2008-03-23 10:55:13"

Claps Very nice, lol.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

He was still some wannabe Aquaman that should just go die.

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Shaper

Gambler says:

"It wasn't who he beat, it was the fact he was new but posted like a pro. But I'm pretty sure he was Akira Overdrive anyway."

No, I knew who he was. I even asked and he told me I was right. But, I don't think I have the right to tell you who he really was without his permission.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Shaper says:

"Gambler says:
"It wasn't who he beat, it was the fact he was new but posted like a pro. But I'm pretty sure he was Akira Overdrive anyway."
No, I knew who he was. I even asked and he told me I was right. But, I don't think I have the right to tell you who he really was without his permission."

shifty eyes

Well he's not here now, is he?

gets out pen and paper

I have 1000 Golden Drachmas waiting for you if you tell me.

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Shaper

Cryo-Wolf says:

"Shaper says:
"Gambler says:
No, I knew who he was. I even asked and he told me I was right. But, I don't think I have the right to tell you who he really was without his permission."
*shifty eyes* Well he's not here now, is he? *gets out pen and paper* I have 1000 Golden Drachmas waiting for you if you tell me."

Sorry, I can't. I have to show him some respect even though he's not here. He did tell me and he didn't have too.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Screw Respect. The dude didn't show anyone else respect, why should anyone show him any?

The Spartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By The Spartan

Easy there Cryo, don't get your fur in a tustle......

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

I don't care about my fur anymore. If Gannon was somebody else, I wanna know who the f@ck it was.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#120  Edited By Darkchild

Cryo-Wolf says:

"I don't care about my fur anymore. If Gannon was somebody else, I wanna know who the f@ck it was."

Bro chill come on what did that dude do a$$hole wise that I or anyone else hasnt done

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Darkchild

Gambler says:

"Some Helpful Tips=======I see a lot of newcomers lately eager to participate in Rpgs. I think this is great, it can only add to the experience of Rpging on the Vine. Now with the creation of an Official Training Thread, I figured I would write down and post some of my thoughts.* Describe your Powers: Don’t be afraid to mention your powers in your posts. This will always help translate what exactly your doing to your opponent and or reader. For example, if your opponent unleashes several attacks in one post. If your character has Superspeed, don’t feel guilty about dodging **ALL** of thee attacks. But remember to describe it in your post. Such As:*Sabretooth unleashed a series of right left combinations at Gambler**Using his Superhuman Speed and Reflexes, Gambler was just barely able to duck and backflip away from Sabretooth.*Of course it doesn’t have to be worded as such but you get the idea. If you simply dodge an attack without much detail as to how it leaves a bad taste in your opponents mouth. This also applies to attacks. If you fire an energy blast at your opponent, you may want to elaborate on the size, shape, and speed. But don’t get greedy or silly. If you say something like,*Gambler launched several kinetically charged cards at Sabretooth. They traveled at 10 times the speed of light with enough energy to blow up the sun.*That’s another form of **God-Moding**. This isn’t Dragon Ball Z. But something like this is totally acceptable,*Gambler launched several kinetically charged cards at Sabretooth. They traveled with breath taking speed and accuracy.*It puts a lil something on it, but nothing over the top.* Respect: We’re all human, we all have egos and don’t want our characters looking like bitches. Give your opponent or there attack some dap (some respect) something like,*Gambler had dodged Sabretooth’s vicious onslaught. He couldn’t help but admire the evil within his enemy.*Or*Gambler was caught with a right hook. The force of which knocked him end over end. It had been sometime since he faced such a powerful foe*This doesn’t mean you have to kiss there ass, but don’t feel like you cant show them some respect either. Trust me, its worth it. Not only will it make the Rpg less competitive, but it will add to the over all story. Even if it’s a simple One on One battle there’s still a story there.* The Little Things: What I mean by the little things is the subtle words that help bring your characters personality across to the reader. Say your character is a good guy and you want to give off that Captain America type feel. Adding things like,*Cluth stood tall and statuesque. He had a certain level of confidence about him.*Of course I’m no wordsmith and everyone will have there own words they will use. The point is not to forget to flesh out your characters personality.I would also like to say (and I say it alot) its not about who wins and who loses, its about the story. This doesn’t mean your not giving your all but remember to make it enjoyable as well. That’s why fights where two people or teams have been talkin $#@! leading up to the fight usually don’t end well. There’s already a level of hostility before you’ve even started. No one wants to appear weak or like there baking down, so neither one gives an inch and it turns ugly. Some people are mature enough to take the trash talking for what it is, in character banter, some aren’t. Also, nobody likes a sore **WINNER.** Rpg fights are based on an honor system so to speak. You **CANT** win any fight unless the other person basically lets you. There may be several reasons why they did,1. They had to go and didn’t want to hold the fight up.2. There a Veteran on the Vine and there doing you a solid. They liked they way you conducted yourself and as a sign of respect, gave you the victory.3. They felt you out wrote them. They had maybe two good posts, while you where on fire through the whole fight.There are many reasons why someone lets you win. But the important thing to remember is, be gracious. Don’t go running around, “I beat Gambler, I kicked his ass. I curpstomped Darkchild yeah!” show some class and act like you’ve won something before. Of course if your friends with the person and know what you can an cant say that’s a different story. Everyone can appreciate a little trash talking now and then.Well I hope this in someway shape or form helps you along the way. Peace
Post Edited:2008-03-23 10:55:13"

See ya know i wish everyone knew this or at least went by this.

This should be the cardnal rules for RPG's

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Darkchild says:

"Cryo-Wolf says:
"I don't care about my fur anymore. If Gannon was somebody else, I wanna know who the f@ck it was."
Bro chill come on what did that dude do a$$hole wise that I or anyone else hasnt done"

The fact that he thought himself a God because he beat two people? Maybe? Or then maybe the fact that everyone kissed his @$$ because of it?

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Darkchild

Cryo-Wolf says:

"Darkchild says:
"Cryo-Wolf says:
Bro chill come on what did that dude do a$$hole wise that I or anyone else hasnt done"

The fact that he thought himself a God because he beat two people? Maybe? Or then maybe the fact that everyone kissed his @$$ because of it?"

See now thats going to continue to piss me off, if u keep saying i kissed his ass. He put up a damn good fight so i commended him for it.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Did I say you? No! But, now that you mention it, almost the whole vine did. He talked down to people and thought himself tall because of his battle victories. And the vine just went along with it!

Then, he thought I was copying him with my water powers when I was here first, and he thought Sadie was copying him too. His battle cry, "Many try, but I'm the Original.", was aimed at everyone with water powers and was sort of a giant "F@ck you, I'm better!"

But yes, people did suck up to him. And when he was voted best hero of the entire year after being on for one week!? Does that make sense to anyone!?

Charmcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Charmcaster

Cryo-Wolf says:

"Did I say you? No! But, now that you mention it, almost the whole vine did. He talked down to people and thought himself tall because of his battle victories. And the vine just went along with it! Then, he thought I was copying him with my water powers when I was here first, and he thought Sadie was copying him too. His battle cry, "Many try, but I'm the Original.", was aimed at everyone with water powers and was sort of a giant "F@ck you, I'm better!" But yes, people did suck up to him. And when he was voted best hero of the entire year after being on for one week!? Does that make sense to anyone!?"

No....?

Switch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Switch
  1. Write in the third person all the way through your posts. The only exception is what you put withing speech marks. For example

Switch ran forwards closing the distance between himself and his opponent.

As you can see this sounds much better than

I ran forwards closing the distance between myself and my opponent

You are not writing in your diary here, this is an rpg and so for the love of god write in the third person.

1. Write in the past tense. This is something that has been bugging me ever since I started rping on the Vine and is a mistake that newcomers all too often fall into. When your in the middle of an rp and you see someone posting in a different tense it is just plain annoying as it ruins the flow of the action and can be difficult to understand at times. An example of the past tense is as follows,

Switch stood up, brushing the dust off his coat. Slowly he looked up at his opponent, grinning wolfishly as they struggled to their feet.

Of course there are exceptions to this rule but I will go into them later.

1. For the love of God give your character some personality! When your writing your post add in the manner with which your character reacts to other peoples actions. Throw in some description. However some originality in this area is really important. There are people on the vine who's characters are cocky, or fast talking, or arrogant. They write these characters well and are able to pull it off. But what starts out as being amusing and fresh soon becomes dull when everyones character has the same personality. What Im saying here is that you don't have to be a Clint Eastwood type of guy who never gets thrown by a situation and always has a snappy comeback, I for one will respect you fro breaking the mold a little.

P.S Crazy villains and heroes who need to deal with insanity are not cool. They have been done so often that its become the norm. Let the Joker be mad and keep your character on the sane side of the divide.

1. Punctuation. This is what separates a good post from an atrocious one. Even if your just using full stops it means that readers are able to easily understand what your getting at and means that the RPG is improved for everyone in it. One of my personal hatreds is when people use italics instead of speech marks. This is basic literacy, if someone says something then it goes in speech marks. Its not hard, so do it! Frankly when I see a grammatically retarded post with absolutely no punctuation I don't even bother reading it. If the writer cant be bothered to punctuate then I cant be bothered to read it.

2. Battle posts. If you want an example of a battle post then look at Gambler, Cryo Wolf, Last Arrow or Renegade Lantern. There are others but these guys are good for learning from. All of their attacks are well phrased and they are not afraid to take hits. This just makes the fight fun for everyone involved and keeps the competitiveness to a minimum. Remember, the only reason that your punch connected was because the other person let it. At this point I think I should mention powers and weaknesses. Unless you can tie your abilities together in your bio all your powers should have a theme. Take Cryo for instance. He knows exactly what his character is about and all his powers tie in to that image that he wants to have. You should do the same. As for weaknesses, saying that your character is really attracted to women and can only be hurt by blessed flint arrowheads is not having weaknesses. If we allowed that then battles would descend into a Bugs Bunny cartoon with lots of people in drag getting stabbed in the bum by obscure objects. There is nothing wrong with having a mortal character, or even one who just takes a bit more than usual to kill.

A problem I touched on earlier relates to battle posts. I said you should always write in the past tense. Something I see a lot is people saying that they dived towards (insert name) trying to grapple with them. If they managed to grab hold they would then punch them x amount of times. There are better ways to phrase this so take some time to think one up. Just because I'm nice I'll throw an example out there off the top of my head.

Switch ran up the staircase, his body held low as Gambler sent a flurry of kinetically charged cards over his head. They impacted with the ornate statue in the lobby and blew it apart, sending chunks of marble and twisted bronze spraying around the room like shrapnel. As Switch neared his face took on a Vampiric appearance, his eyes becoming yellow and catlike while his canines lengthened into jagged fangs. Taking the last few steps in one bound the vampire flung himself at the cajun, his arms wrapping around his waist in an attempt to barrel him to the floor. Switch didn't have a plan as such. He was just going to start punching Gambler and not stop until the other man was a bloody pulp.

This allows Gambler to pick and mix what happens. He could say that as Switch dived for him he brought his knee up, trying to kick him in the jaw. Or he could allow himself to be tackled and then throw Switch off. The balls in his court and Ive kept the prose looking neat.

Charmcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Charmcaster

Switch says:

"#Switch's top tips 1. Write in the third person all the way through your posts. The only exception is what you put withing speech marks. For example
*Switch ran forwards closing the distance between himself and his opponent.*
As you can see this sounds much better than
*I ran forwards closing the distance between myself and my opponent*
You are not writing in your diary here, this is an rpg and so for the love of god write in the third person. 2. Write in the past tense. This is something that has been bugging me ever since I started rping on the Vine and is a mistake that newcomers all too often fall into. When your in the middle of an rp and you see someone posting in a different tense it is just plain annoying as it ruins the flow of the action and can be difficult to understand at times. An example of the past tense is as follows,
*Switch stood up, brushing the dust off his coat. Slowly he looked up at his opponent, grinning wolfishly as they struggled to their feet.*
Of course there are exceptions to this rule but I will go into them later. 3. For the love of God give your character some personality! When your writing your post add in the manner with which your character reacts to other peoples actions. Throw in some description. However some originality in this area is really important. There are people on the vine who's characters are cocky, or fast talking, or arrogant. They write these characters well and are able to pull it off. But what starts out as being amusing and fresh soon becomes dull when everyones character has the same personality. What Im saying here is that you don't have to be a Clint Eastwood type of guy who never gets thrown by a situation and always has a snappy comeback, I for one will respect you fro breaking the mold a little.
P.S Crazy villains and heroes who need to deal with insanity are not cool. They have been done so often that its become the norm. Let the Joker be mad and keep your character on the sane side of the divide. 4. Punctuation. This is what separates a good post from an atrocious one. Even if your just using full stops it means that readers are able to easily understand what your getting at and means that the RPG is improved for everyone in it. One of my personal hatreds is when people use italics instead of speech marks. This is basic literacy, if someone says something then it goes in speech marks. Its not hard, so do it! Frankly when I see a grammatically retarded post with absolutely no punctuation I don't even bother reading it. If the writer cant be bothered to punctuate then I cant be bothered to read it. 5. Battle posts. If you want an example of a battle post then look at Gambler, Cryo Wolf, Last Arrow or Renegade Lantern. There are others but these guys are good for learning from. All of their attacks are well phrased and they are not afraid to take hits. This just makes the fight fun for everyone involved and keeps the competitiveness to a minimum. Remember, the only reason that your punch connected was because the other person let it. At this point I think I should mention powers and weaknesses. Unless you can tie your abilities together in your bio all your powers should have a theme. Take Cryo for instance. He knows exactly what his character is about and all his powers tie in to that image that he wants to have. You should do the same. As for weaknesses, saying that your character is really attracted to women and can only be hurt by blessed flint arrowheads is not having weaknesses. If we allowed that then battles would descend into a Bugs Bunny cartoon with lots of people in drag getting stabbed in the bum by obscure objects. There is nothing wrong with having a mortal character, or even one who just takes a bit more than usual to kill. A problem I touched on earlier relates to battle posts. I said you should always write in the past tense. Something I see a lot is people saying that they *dived towards (insert name) trying to grapple with them. If they managed to grab hold they would then punch them x amount of times.* There are better ways to phrase this so take some time to think one up. Just because I'm nice I'll throw an example out there off the top of my head. *Switch ran up the staircase, his body held low as Gambler sent a flurry of kinetically charged cards over his head. They impacted with the ornate statue in the lobby and blew it apart, sending chunks of marble and twisted bronze spraying around the room like shrapnel. As Switch neared his face took on a Vampiric appearance, his eyes becoming yellow and catlike while his canines lengthened into jagged fangs. Taking the last few steps in one bound the vampire flung himself at the cajun, his arms wrapping around his waist in an attempt to barrel him to the floor. Switch didn't have a plan as such. He was just going to start punching Gambler and not stop until the other man was a bloody pulp.* This allows Gambler to pick and mix what happens. He could say that as Switch dived for him he brought his knee up, trying to kick him in the jaw. Or he could allow himself to be tackled and then throw Switch off. The balls in his court and Ive kept the prose looking neat."
White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#128  Edited By White Phantom

Does anyone mind training me?

Garison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Garison

Hey I'm dropping out the rumble since I'm changing my character

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By White Phantom

Gambler says:

"White Phantom says:
"Does anyone mind training me?"

I will later if no one else steps up. I don't wanna end up training everybody. Not that I mind so much, its just people have different methods. I don't think its a good idea for everyone to be trained by the same person."

Thanks, I think I get the basic idea but I also want to be sure I know everything I need to know before doing battle.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#131  Edited By Methos

Methos RPG Tips

===============

1. don't god mod* - you're character isn't a god, you aren't the be all and end all of the RPG, take hits and make it interesting or people will quickly lose interest in being in RPG's with you.

2. have realistic and viable weaknesses - pretty much what it says, make sure your character is written in such a way that it is actually possible to be defeated, characters that have weaknesses, either physical or psychological, are a lot more interesting than the 'i am god' bull.

3. describe everything - detail is everything, literally in some cases, i've seen battles change outcomes because peoples characters are wearing a certain type of shoe before, so describe everything, especially if you know the science behind certain types of powers / weaknesses.

4. detail - as above, detail is everything. no one wants to read post after post of one liners, actually go into detail about your posts, your emotions, the scenery, your motivations... all of it will help flesh out your character and make the RPG even better for everyone involved.

5. have logical powers - this ones a biggie, have powers that actually complement your character, i've seen people come on with 'pyrokenisis' as a power and then have 'extreme pyrophobia' as a weakness, so every time they used their powers they literally curled up into a ball and went comatose from fear... use your brain and actually think about your character :D

6. spelling and punctuation - not a big one, but one that does make a difference, make sure your posts are readable, no one wants to scrawl through a massive block of poorly formatted, misspelled text to actually pick out the three or four details that they will use in the next post. write your posts as if you would enjoy reading them.

7. use speech correctly - if you're using speech then use standard grammar, start it on a new line, put speech marks round it and always mark who's speaking with actions and motivation. this way people will actually get into reading your posts and look forward to the RPG in future.

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By The_Ghostshell

White Phantom says:

"Does anyone mind training me?"

I will later if no one else steps up. I don't wanna end up training everybody. Not that I mind so much, its just people have different methods. I don't think its a good idea for everyone to be trained by the same person.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By White Phantom

Thanks again.

Taki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Taki

drops down i am here

Garison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Garison

yo Taki I'm waiting for you

Garison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Garison

good I challenged you so I'll go first

Garison step in the training room calm and walks too the right side of the room and leans on the wall with one foot up the wall, he pulls out his book and reads it. Then Taki jumps down from out the window, he just stands there and waits for Taki too make a move before he could srike her

"Hello Taki, are you ready too train?"

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Some of you people suck. Sorry to say. Now have a nice day.

Garison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Garison

Eternal Chaos says:

"Some of you people suck. Sorry to say. Now have a nice day."

its training

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Garison says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
its training"

I know. I just decided to be rude today. One day I may decide to help somebody.

Garison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Garison

Eternal Chaos says:

"Garison says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
its training"
I know. I just decided to be rude today. One day I may decide to help somebody."

Good luck with that.

Taki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Taki

taki watches as garison is leaning on the wall on foot on the wall reading a book."hello taki are you ready to train he said" she didnt respond she dug her hand into her sword case and released a mask. she placed it on her face.

from were she was she got down on her knees and began to pray,suddelny she gave garison a sharp glance and jumped up saying *are you ready kicking once not aiming at garison she then took her stance

her right hand was behind her head.... quick acess to her sword.

i maybe TM first sister but,i was a certified bounty hunter before this so dont go easy on me

She glanced at garison she then threw a clock in the air the clock will say go then we fight...got it

Garison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Garison

She doesn't respond too Garison, she dug in her sword case and pulled out a mask and put it on her face, Then he watched her get on her knees and pray, she gave me a glance jumped up and asked me if I was ready... Garison puts his book away gets off the wall puts his hands in chakra charging sign

"I'm ready"

She quickly drawn her sword, she threw the clock in the air and said when it goes off we fight glancing at Garison

"Fine by me"

10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1 RING RING!!!

"Lets Go!"

Suddenly Garison does 5 hand signs and then back too the Chakra sign

"Earth Style!: Underground Jutsu!"

Garison went under ground leaving a whole in the ground, he appears behind Taki and attempt too poke her butt too make her fly in the air.

"Kakashi Style!: One Thousand Years Of Death!"

Taki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Taki

Taki watched the clock she never looked at garison once once the clock rang she then looked for him she attack but saw he dug a whole so she then began to look for him she then felt a sharp pain in her butt. he was forced up into the air then came down landing attemtpting her side snap back kick whipping her leg around trying to to the head off her a opponent.

She listened to his "one thousand years of death but he was ready to block it with her "age uke" which is a rising block.

she wasnt going to say anything she knew this was just traning she didnt want this fight to end up like the one agaisnt sha

she knew if she could find away to anatoshi her opponent she would win

Garison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Garison

Garison watches and smirks about Taki flying across the room

"You won't die by that jutsu it is just a poke in the butt"

Out of no where Taki comes down and strikes at Garison, Garison grabs her leg in mid-air

"Sasuke tried too do the same thing"

Garison then attempts too throw Taki across the room. He does 10 fast hand signs and then back too the chakra sign

"Hidden Mist Technique!"

The whole area is in a thick fog

"That jutsu is something I copied off Zabuza Seven Swords"

Garison then pulls out a scroll and summons his 6 big demon dogs they come too Taki and attempt too hold her down while Garison charges his lighting blade

"Lightning Blade!"

Garison then runs too Taki with his chakra in hand and attempts too strike Taki in the stomach.

"This should finish you!"
Post Edited:2008-03-23 19:53:26

Taki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Taki

hey! you ignored my attack

Garison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Garison

whoops I missed that I'll edit

Taki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Taki

the stealth ninja while being thrown across the room recovered while in the air she watched as Garison summoned his fog she finally spoke bad idea she disappered into the smoke. while in the fog taki could see that the demon dogs could sniff her out she also she knew garison could see her also she saw him coming in for a hit and she quickly used her dark magic attack a huge ball like exploxsion ocurred which knocked everything back Taki looked up to see the devil dog's were gone she could'nt tell if her attack had hit garison geez all that jutsu crap is confusingit's old school ninjitsu time

taki leaped up looking for the devil dogs she attacked them killing them after taking a series of bites from them

what you can't fight me by your self
Post Edited:2008-03-23 20:38:29

Garison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Garison

the demon dogs can smell you they don't need too see

Garison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Garison

"Why Can't You Fight Me By Yourself" Taki said... Garison fell too the wall and got back up and cleans off his shoulders

"I use my dogs because I can"

Looks likes Taki knows sorcery, Kakashi knows that she'll get major hits from that, To get major hits as well he uses another Jutsu

"Multiple Shadow Clone Jutsu!"

9 other Kakashi's appear and all around Taki all of the Kakashi's throw kuneis at Taki in every angle

Taki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Taki

the attack was quick taki again used her forcefield after being hit by three of them.

all in her shoulder she dropped to her knee's screaming in pain

he then got up and jumped into the air

firing ninja stars at the garison;s

i have to be a step ahead of him

she backflipped

and contiued to fire more

ha i hope ur quick