Lebreau_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Lebreau_Liafador
No Caption Provided

"Lebreau!"His voice sent a jolt of joy through her body; he was the one person on the planet that could always sedate university stress. The 7-year-old came sprinting into her arms with his Champion cape blowing widely behind him, hugging her as big as his little arms would allow him. "Hey, squirt looks like you've gotten taller since the last time I was home." Eleven years separate them, and he was technically her half brother, they shared the same mother with different fathers. His father died a couple of years ago from rare cancer, but up until his death, he was the only father Chance ever knew.

"Mom said I grew two inches! He called out before both of them look towards the home where their mother and grandmother were eagerly waiting for her return. The brother-sister duo moved from the driveway to the house where their mother waited, Chance kissed both of them on the cheek before flashing a toothy smile. "It feels so good to be back home." She rejoiced. Most of the other students went to vacation spots for spring break, but Chance wasn't a partier, she didn't drink nor did she particularly care for her classmates. The school wasn't a source of joy; she didn't have many friends, and the one guy she thought was worth something only liked her because he thought he'd get a chance to meet Selene. When he realized Chance knew nothing about that side of the family, he left her.

Being home had greater rewards; she got to help her mother in the garden, prepare meals with her grandma; and go to the beach looking for seashells with her brother. "Help me with my bags, kid," She asked, purposely giving him the heaviest bag so she could watch it slip through his hands.

"HEY!" he protests. Chance could only chuckle before taking the bag to her room herself. Her bedroom smelled like it did when she was last here, and it was almost as if her mother burned incense every day to keep the integrity of the smell.

"Mom opened the windows, and she wanted you to see the roses with the ocean. It's pretty," he called out, dropping the remaining bags on the floor. She didn't say anything; she just nodded in agreement; there were times when the two of them would sit at the windowsill listening to the ocean's mighty waves crash down on the beach. The beautiful yet terrifying bellow of the oceans' mighty usually lulled him to sleep.

"Hey, are you ok? Mom said that the school was making you sad." Instinctively her hands washed over his head full of hair, "I'm alright sprout." She responded, not caring to elaborate. "If you're sad at school, why not just come back here?" She could tell he'd been eavesdropping on conversations between her mother and grandmother; no seven-year-old could have that sort of insight. "Don't worry about me sprout; it's going to take a little more than a power-point presentation to take me out."

"Chance! Elijah! dinner!" Their grandmother called out from downstairs. Elijah channeled his "Champion' speed and took off full sprint downstairs with Chance acting as if he were just too fast to keep up.

The four of them sat around the table eating some eggplant casserole, which Chance loved, mostly because these were the eggplants she helped grow not too long ago.

"So Chance, how is that boy you were dating?" her grandmother asked, drawing the curious brow from Elijah. Chance's mother tried to change the subject, but it wasn't to be mostly because her grandmother was partially blind and couldn't see the look of strain on her mother's face.

"Well, we're not together anymore, He wanted me to do things that I'm not comfortable with, but mostly he was just with me because he thought I could introduce him to Selene." She shrugged it off as if it meant nothing, but deep down, it hurt a little. She shared the last name with one of the most famous families in Europe but wasn't able to reap those benefits. What hurts the most is she didn't even know that side of the family to fake the funk.

"Who's Selene?" Elijah asked a bit confused. "You know Selene, the older sister of Tassi," Elijah thought about it for a moment before nodding in acknowledgment before returning his attention to his food.

"I will never understand people's fascination with that family." Her grandma retort, rising to clean her place. "They aren't worth two flies smashed if you ask me." 'She knows I'm apart of that family, right?' Chance thought to herself. That was something she wouldn't say out loud; she hated hearing her mother tell her how much of a scumbag her father was. Every time the conversation came up, she'd have to bite back, telling her mother the truth.

Clearing her plate, she moved to the kitchen to assist her grandmother in cleaning the dishes before a breaking news report took over the television.

"We're live here in Malaga were just a few short hours ago, Catalina Liafador and what appeared to be several other members of the Liafador Family were involved in a massive brawl resulting in the deaths of hundreds and a substantial amount of damage to the city. We'll update you as the situation follows."

Chance, Her mother, and grandmother all froze, the name Liafador drew them to the television, but they were all drawn for various reasons. Hearing Liafador and destruction was nothing new to any of them, but what stopped Chance's mother was Zeon's image on the television. She knew Zeon was Chance's older sister, and at that moment, Chance could see great suffering afflicting her mother.

The mother and grandmother shared a tearful look, her grandmother silently pleading for sustained ignorance, but Chance's mother couldn't bear the guilt. "Sweetie. Have a seat," She finally said, forgoing her instincts to relieve her guilt.

The three sat back at the table, and she could feel her mother's comforting hand, preparing the way for the bad news. "Honey, your father, sewed his roots in many nations, what I'm saying his he has many children. That woman on TV we just saw, that was your oldest sister. Zeon." First, there was a look of confusion; she thought she was the only one. The next, anger set in, but it was governed by understanding she knew why her mother didn't tell her she wasn't the only one. 'What's even going on right now,' she thought to herself.

"Well, then I have to go see her!" She screamed, which brought Elijah down a portion of the steps.

"Sweetie, no! that family..." "MY FAMILY!" Chance interjected. "It's my family; I've been sitting as the outcast in my world for so long. It's my choice, and I need to decide if they're good for me or not!" Chance yelled her face starting to boil with a wave of anger the two had never seen.

No Caption Provided

"That family brings destruction wherever they go; they're cursed. And have been cursed for a long time. They are warriors, Sweetie; you're not like them. You're kind and pure and full of love. I believe that if you go to them, you will be cursed too. Death dances with the Liafador Family" Her grandma chimed in, not attempting to fight back the tears in her eyes.

"I've felt alone my entire life. I've been missing a whole portion of my being because of your fears. Knowing how much I wanted to meet my family and kept that away from me—wholly erased my chance at a choice! if the Liafador family is that bad, you should've thought about that before allowing one of them to cum inside you!" 'Oh, hell, did I say that! Mom, I'm sorry! Crap, why can't I say sorry!' her mind was saying what she couldn't compel her mouth to do, but it was too late. Both Chance's mother and Grandmother pushed away from the table in remorse before disappearing into the kitchen to clean the dishes.

'I'll apologize when I come back.' She thought before heading upstairs to retrieve her unpacked bags.

She wasn't entirely sure how she'd find Zeon, but Ziccarra was the President of Spain if she could get to her or Thee Champion, she'd find her sister!

As she prepared to make a silent exit, Elijah stopped her movement at the door. "Why are you leaving?" He asked, tearful.

"You remember those nights that you used to have bad dreams, and I would make sure you fell asleep. I used to tell you all the time I will make sure nothing happens to you." He nodded his head before replying. "Because you're my big sister." She nodded before crouching down to eye-level with him. "Well, now I have to go and make sure nothing terrible happens to MY big sister. She's sick and needs my help. I need to make sure she can sleep well, do you understand?" Once again, he nodded his head, but still appeared tearful. "Then, your big sister can take care of both of us?" Again Chance nodded.

"Will you be coming back?" Chance nodded reassuringly, which brought a smile on his face. "Well, if you're going to see your sister, take her a seashell bracelet as we all have." 'God, I love this kid,' she thought. "What a wonderful idea sprout." Chance and Elijah moved down the steps hand in hand before her eyes met with her mother and grandmother. 'Say it. Come on just say it!' she couldn't the uneasy eye contact force Chance and Elijah out toward the beach where they'd make a bracelet for Zeon before Chance left.

----

Mother and Daughter sat in silence as Chance left. The grandmother blessed with the ability to see the great beyond immediately began to weep in the aftermath of the lamb's departure.

"What mom! what did you see!" Chance's mother chided eagerly. "I saw destruction and death, Chance belongs to the family now"

Omen_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh dang! That's a great introduction!

Avatar image for catalina_liafador
Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3 Feral Nova  Moderator

Welp you did it, you made me super sad. I HOPE YOURE HAPPY!

This is awesome. We never got to see Chances life before the Liafadors and I’m glad we got a small glimpse of it through this. Even though it made me sad.

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Feral Nova  Moderator
Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: We still blame Judas for betraying Jesus even though he knew it was going to happen right?

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Feral Nova  Moderator
Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And just like that I unequivocally wanna kill Zeon again.

Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: Good channel that anger!

Avatar image for nemesis_liafador
Nemesis_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso said:

And just like that I unequivocally wanna kill Zeon again.

I'll help.