_tophat_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By _tophat_
No Caption Provided

Eyes grow heavy the sandman has come and is bountiful in his dust. The night is cold, breath visible the body begs for the comfort of hiding under the sheets. It is best to give in believes the curious woman who sleeps in the woods away from the world. She lets her mind drift. Uncaring it roams over mythes spells and more, the thoughts as numerous as the stars. Each one though is just left as is floating and tangible in a space beyond conventional means. Magic casted in ones sleep.

Its ethereal and soothing as she falls to soil head resting on a make shift pillow of her jacket. Darkness takes it's hold flowing into her thoughts as Alice drifts away. Her body at ease, mind restless as it journeys through dreams. Conscious yet not, never feeling more awake yet lost to slumber. Spells are whispered into the pillow. Charms and symbols from about the world are carved into the air by a hand moving as if possessed.

Alice, Tophat, she lays as perhaps one of the most dangerous figures to ever be. In all likelihood others were brighter, had more reserves, or could cast spells without the standard steps one might take. However what she believed separated her from others was how far she was willing to go. She'd give birth to Lovecraftian horrors, speak the incantations of tongues to lost to time to perhaps say correctly. The lord, the devil, something else, her soul should she die could go to anyone. Her quest for understanding, for power could be the death of anyone and anything and she would be fine with it.

03:03 AM Coasts of Japan

No Caption Provided

It comes from nothing, a witch dares to play god and succeeds. She crafts something in the image of her nightmares. Water had begun to freeze over and then to crystalize. The ocean floor trembles as shapes are crafted from a void. It forms a cocoon and an egg something changing within yet already born.

It rises from the bed of the sea its motion a tide of surprisingly small scale. As if the creation weighs nothing. To which it did, it didn't seem to have a mass to it. Yet there it was towering in body alone two hundred meters, add the tale and it was easily three hundred. It's wing span was massive to rival such a scale. It's hide glistened like emeralds, eyes like magma. It had the might that wasn't worth bothering to quantify, to shake a planet should it desire but otherwise weightless in some way that defied laws of reality. It was fast it knew, for it had no mass though it also knew it could cast hurricanes from the flap of titanic wings. It's durability, it demanded it be combated by something in particular, those of the UNKD.

Most prominent of its form though was fangs and claws objects that looked made of jade mist and the fire in its belly. Talons and teeth that could pass through all for they were denied tangibility until sunken inside of something. And its breath it blazed like a dying star a fire that sought to scorch whatever dared approach it. "I seek but one." Of whom it spoke and how it new was a mystery untold. But the two in question likely knew. And as the abstract terror spoke, its voice a whisper for it. The sound it traveled like a righteous thunder its tone booming but slurred like someone sleeping as opposed to something serpentine.

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kaija

@_tophat_:

The sounds of marching boots filled the hall Axum rushed to a familiar room. He raised his fist to the door and, before he could even knock, the door opened and allowed his hand to fall atop the head of a young Kaija emerging from her room. She was in uniform, and wore a smile on her face as she straightened out the hair that he misplaced. Axum looked into the room, news reports of the Kaiju on her television and the room itself much neater than usual. He simply grunted and nodded in approval.

"Japan is obviously gonna pick up on a Kaiju quicker than anywhere else." Kaija commented, "Didn't know whether this one was for me or not though, so I figured I'd just get ready."

Axum met her eyes with an unyielding stoic face for a few seconds before simply turning in the direction of the heliport and gesturing Kaija to follow. She simply shrugged her shoulders and complied. In a few minutes they would board an Osprey and begin their journey to Japan. Axum would brief Kaija on the short trip from the Philippines.

"Two hundred meters tall, three hundred long, your target is a large flying reptilian creature with a green, scaly, armored carapace, four clawed legs, two enormous wings, and a tail. The only unique ability that we have yet to observe is a potent breath of fire. At least what we assume to be fire. Any questions before we proceed?" Axum asked.

"So like, it's a dragon?" Kaija replied

"..."

"..."

"Sure, Uma. It's a dragon. Do you have any relevant questions?" Axum asked, annoyed.

"Nah, I think I got the gist of it." she replied "Go on."

"You'll have your sword, shield, dagger and pistol for battle. For your pistol you'll have A.A.S.F. Shells and Standard munitions. Standard protocol, keep it out of the city and put it down. Understood?"

"Sir, yessir."

They landed a few miles down the coast from the creature; the desired G.A. weapon transports landing near them just before they touched down. From their landing zone, they could see the beast towering over the horizon as it approached land. Kaija took proper size to match the beast's own, geared up, nodded to Axum, and then made her approach. She proceeded until she got in range to use her pistol, currently loaded with A.A.S.F. rounds and began to reach for the weapon... but then decided against it. Instead, she picked up two massive handfuls of sand and compressed them together until the lightly colored dirt fused into a dark-brown spherical rock that was about as hard as steel.

She took a pitcher's stance, wound up, and threw the ball at the creature's side. A moment after it left her hands, the air shattered as it broke the sound barrier. After another moment, the ball would be covered in fire as it rocketed towards the beast. It would approach the beast from the side, and outrun sound itself. If it collided with the creature, it would hit like a miniature meteor, exploding on the creature's body and filling the immediate air with smoke and fire. If it missed, it would simply fly past and slam into the ocean. And if the beast took the time to look and see who had launched the projectile, it would find Kaija waving both arms to draw its attention.

She simply wanted to draw the beast towards her and away from the city to prevent as much accidental collateral as possible.

_tophat_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaija:

Within a slumber enchanting and deep the woman roams halls filled with more books then one can name. Tombs filled with text beyond comprehension. For these walls had not been limited to the physical more quantified capacity in the domain of dreams there could be as many books as the witch wanted and she wanted there to be more then she could ever read. One day though she might be able to know them all. if tonight's plan went right that might come soon. Soon was such an amusing measurement of time, anywhere from minutes to hours or even longer. Walking along the castle of her slumber she was trailed by an unknown amount of subjects. SOme were real, some were fabricated to fill her fantasy all however treated her like a queen. Over eager and molded to her liking to try and satisfy a desire for power that couldn't be sated. A curiosity that had no end.

The woman takes a seat, and sets her trademarked top hat before as her bottom lands in the boiling blood of a dragon. Reaching into the empty space of her chosen headgear the Unforgivable is pulled, a wand that had been resting in her hands in the physical world before. Her hand twirls the bone about her slender frame, the blood beginning to orbit her in carmine spirals. As if the ichor was the universe and she the center. And the witch, so enraptured with her self worth did think herself to be so. Perhaps she was more the hatter then the queen or Alice, she certainly didn't think that however.

Japan

No Caption Provided

The monstrous dragon woven from the aether crafted from dreams made tangible was ready to consume structures. To use buildings like they were playthings and experiment what destruction as something else was like. Magic was one thing but a dragon, that was a fantasy for a little girl that had now become a reality willing to endanger others to be lived. It was kind of hard not to give way to primitive adrenaline, but the study meant even more.

Seconds before destructive breath, before horrific swipes of the claws came an attack. The dragon was swift gripping the meteor in it's hand. Least so it had thought for a moment. As the dragon shattered the stone, caught with reflexes of flawless capacity it watched shards of scales fall away. Smoke rising from oversized talons and the stench of charred flesh. "Impressive" it hissed more curious then annoyed. Whoever this test subject was, the possibilities were horrifically promising. The woman wanted it's attention and that it entirely intended to give.

The way it moved in catching the stone capable of harming the dragon's hide had disturbed almost nothing on the creatures end. As if it had turned there was no dramatic reaction from the world. The water didn't send a flood, the air didn't crack from a sonic boom. The creature had no apparent mass. Abstract and breaching the conventions of it's very being. It was with this strange effect that the creature raced toward the woman its wings flapping with the force that otherwise might have cast tornados mid stride. Claw's reached out at a speed that should have had a comet tail. Instead however those talons looked as if they didn't exist.

Mystified jade extensions sought to sink into shoulders not through force but by nonexistence until they should have been deep into meat where they would then look to take form. Phasing into the body in a quest to begin painting the soil in a giant's blood. With any luck they would crash within near by forests. For the work was hardly done. It's follow up though with no real regard for position would be from the elongated tail. An attempt to whip around the leg and keep the pair from getting to far away from each other. The magician that commanded the dragon was a awful hand to hand combatant really. The objective didn't require to be one however, just good enough to leave certain impressions for an untold future.

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kaija

@_tophat_:

"Impressive" it hissed more curious then annoyed.

"It talks? English no less. Ok." Kaija thought to herself, raising a single eyebrow as her eyes let the creature's, "Last time I met a smart one, I didn't even have to lift a finger to handle the situation... It's worth a shot."

Kaija wasn't sure whether it was the absence of many creatures to threaten them or if it was simply absentmindedness that drove creatures of enormous size and power to simply rush headlong into battle without thinking. She wasn't surprised when this monster did the same. Although she knew nothing of the supernatural claws that the beast held, it was irrelevant. Even if they were the usual brand of ultra-sharp razors or as dull as a hammer, she had no intention of allowing them to meet her skin regardless. She made a short strafe to her right, rolling her left arm across her torso and meeting the back of the dragon's left claw with the back of her hand.

She pushed the claw to her left, then rolled her wrist and attempted to grab the monster's left wrist with her left hand as it sped by. With her free right hand, she would grip the creature's right shoulder and push the creature downwards. With a twisting grip on the creature's wrist and the control offered by her grip of the creature's shoulder, she would attempt to divert all of the dragon's momentum downwards and send the beast crashing down into the coastline, and possibly sliding into the nearby forest.

She did not draw her weapons yet; the creature's words presented a unique opportunity that she didn't want to pass up if she could help it.

"Hey Dragon... or whatever you are? I heard you speak, so I know you can understand English and I know that you can understand me. And I definitely know that you can hear me. My name is Kaija, and my job is to protect mankind from overgrown threats like you. Normally I don't have the opportunity to speak with my opponents, and I end up just tearing their heads off." Kaija explained calmly, "So I'm going to give you a unique opportunity. Tell me why you're here and what exactly it is that you want. Can't make you any promises, but maybe we can come to a peaceful agreement. I don't have to kill you after all, I just have to look out for those people over there, understand?"

_tophat_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaija:

No Caption Provided

Put simply the creature was outclassed when it came to hand to hand combat. It was armed well for such activities, the one in control however was not someone adept at martial arts however. Fencing maybe but not this. And it's unique distortion of reality where it carried almost no physical mass it was easy work against someone as adept at such combat as Kaija was.

With a strong breeze and a cloud of smoke the dragon was pinned deep within the forest. Bested and it was that simple. It's clashed pushed perfectly, shoulder gripped firmly and its weightless form resting in the dirt. Then however the woman spoke which opened the opportunities all the better for the witch who lay dormant yet in command of the dragon.

"Dragon would be accurate". It twitched a bit at one of those remarks "over grown, I'm perfectly I'll have you know." The gravel tone of the beast had slightly subsided, sounding a bit more like someone born of a Brit but raised in the US. Like a woman who thought herself of highest prestige and class. The more expected tone of a dragon would soon return, for a moment though Kaija had insulted the woman who slept and got a reaction out of her. "Well aren't you nice" the jade dragon, scales almost looking more like gold as they were positioned perfectly beneath the moonlight. Opportunity however was to much to pass by.

Struggling a bit more to it's feet though still within capacity of potentially being shoved in the dirt the dragon's head rose so that its lava like eyes might meet with the blond's. Where it's hot breath practically threatened to ignight the air every moment it spoke. "Truthfully all I need is you to spray your blood upon these trees. My master has research, is compiling notes. You provide a unique opportunity of study." It's brow raised curious to find the result to such an answer. "What's a few scars on a wrist to make a dragon return to rest?" All Alice needed was some blood and to through dreams attract someone's attention. The giant was right this didn't have to be drawn out into a theatric clash to the death or really of any kind at all.

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_tophat_:

Kaija couldn't conceal her surprise at the dragon's words, but she wasn't exactly opposed to the idea of a civil conclusion. At least not entirely. It was curiosity and the sheer uniqueness of the situation that kept her from immediately rejecting the dragon's offer. Still, she needed to know more before she made any decisions that might make the situation infinitely worse than it already was. She kept her grip on the dragon, tightening a bit to keep him lowered to the ground.

"I don't need to slit my wrists. If I wanted to, I could prick my thumb, squeeze, and give you a lake of blood. You definitely have my attention, but pardon me if I don't trust you yet. I'm pretty sure that you weren't heading to Japan just to say hi, after all." Kaija explained, "Who... or what exactly is this master of yours, anyways? And what exactly would I be getting myself into if I went ahead and did what you wanted?... And who are you, while you're at it?"

She wanted to ask what would happen if she disagreed as well, but here was no point in stating the obvious.

_tophat_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaija:

No Caption Provided

"It's entirely rational to not want to trust the words of two hundred meters plus tall dragon spawned from nothing and weighing less then a feather." Was no surprise the girl was hesitant on trust being placed on such an abstract situation from such a unique source. "And I came to Japan because the master felt like it was a region most likely to get a response to you." It's head tilted and eyes closed as if to drift into a meditation. "It'd be easier for her to explain the rest."

A cotton candy mixed with sulfur miasma escaped into the air in place of traditional smoke. The strange fog allowing a woman to appear upon the crown of the dragon. She had risen from the dreams of a dragon, an astral projection cast while she slept herself to summon forth the dragon. And in this inception of a charm the image that would come was something to twist and mold into the desired projection.

Alice would appear a few years younger. She would look more up beat and friendly. The kind of young adult one would believe used magic to conjure fantasies that otherwise might have never been. The perception given not one of someone who sought to experiment in a dark and potentially forbidden way. Tilting her cap she made an introduction.

Clair Alison Matthews, or just Alice if you'd rather. It's a pleasure to finally meet you. I do apologize but rituals are a very specific thing I would prefer not to chance this study. As for the study, it is to attract kaiju for my own research. I believe in time it may even lead to the foundation where giants can roam in peace." What Alice didn't mention was that odds were it would attract Kaija as well during a particular moment of time. ALice believed that such moment would also lead to a unique location of some kind. What and how she could only speculate on, she was confident in this being the foundations for a much bigger project however. "I assure you I'm not out to take over the world" it was boring and entirely expendable. "And I certainly don't intend to be your enemy. It's just the magic I wish to study should be followed with delicate attention to detail." Voice kept casual and in a demeanor of business the tophat favoring witch was confident she'd been deceptive enough. She however would further look to downplay the scenario into a moment of falsified security however with a easygoing wise crack. "If you mean who is my friend here, well I can tell you it's a dream dragon. Did you ever figure out a name?" The dragon made a very loud and flammable pft sound in response. "It doesn't have a name yet. Maybe you can do that as a treat for going along with a witch's experiment. How many people do you know who've gotten to name a dragon?" She finished the commentary with a wink efforts at softening any idea that she was anything beyond a friendly curious magician.

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kaija

@_tophat_:

"It doesn't have a name yet. Maybe you can do that as a treat for going along with a witch's experiment. How many people do you know who've gotten to name a dragon?"

“None, but I honestly don't think that this particular dragon will be needing a name. Miss Matthews, if what you’ve said is true, then I support your endeavors. UNKD would appreciate another brilliant mind to research Kaiju if you truly do have the aptitude, and I’d be more than happy to escort you back to base to have a chat with with my superiors if all that you’re interested in is research. That said…” Kaija reached for the handle of her sword and began to draw, it’s engine roaring and it’s blades gnashing past one another as she activated the colossal weapon, “None of what you’ve said explains why this monster was preparing to burn down a city. It also doesn’t explain why this creature’s master simply allowed it to wander about freely and endanger innocent civilians. I don’t mind hearing you out, nor do I mind anyone trying to bring about peace or research. But before I do anything to assist you, I’m going to do my job and put this Kaiju down before it causes any trouble. Afterwards, you have my full attention. That alright with you?”

Kaija didn't expect an answer. She turned her attention away from the woman and back towards the beast in her grasp. With a tight twisting grip on the monster’s left arm, Kaija would raise her weapon with her right arm, and then bring it down upon the creature’s shoulder. She would continue to grip the creature’s arm as she attacked, pulling it upwards against the sawing teeth of the weapon as she attempted to saw off the creature’s limb.

_tophat_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

"I do hope you've a lovely night. Shame we couldn't have done this as peacefully as offered. Perhaps I'll come by UNKD sometime to discuss business. These creatures are something else. You are something else" what did she mean what did she know was a interesting question. Such a curious woman Alice, investigating all things and casting magic that allowed dragons in ones sleep. Yet also remaining a unknown to the world. "We really just wanted your intention we didn't plan to cause this city harm." A lie told so well one might miss it even if they had abilities to detect them. The more accurate claim was that they didn't care. For she cared little for any particular thing, self absorbed her ambitions all that mattered it didn't mean anything the city and people around it.

The dragon sighed in frustration as the ethereal projection of the witch vanished. "You're quite prejudice against things of your size aren't you." The dragon mused struggling to get it's arm free. Shame it came to violence but that was fine. Notes could be compiled on the fight, and all the dragon and it's master needed was to make a patch of land painted red. Drawing a blade, monstrous in size teeth gnashing and violent it was a compelling sight of a weapon and it was coming for the arm held down.

Instead the beast would look to simply cut the attack off from descending on it's figure. Turning its long and spiraling neck the creature would roar, its monstrous voice echoing over Japan like thunder. A noise so loud it could shatter eardrums and rupture organs , enough to make the earth shake a bit by voice alone. And with that battle cry came the dragons monstrous breath, when the dragon breathed its column of fire was vast looking to grace the woman's arm, and a good portion of her chest, and travel probably at least a mile into the sky. Storm of fire burned like a star giving out, many many times hotter then the sun, hundreds of times so to be exact. Like a supernova that limited in range inferno looked to inflict damage to the body. Charred skin and blood hopefully falling to the soil. Enchanted presence would keep the flames from consuming the forest however, it's existence played apart in the time to come.

Of course that didn't mean the blade did stop, if it came down as intended a wing was moved. Better to let a wing perish from the beast then an arm and it's towering claws. A backward thrust would come from the free hand, sharp talons looking to dig into the guts of the mountain sized martial artist. It's claws caring not for durability as they looked to only exist once they were home within the body. Meanwhile the long tail would lash upward's looking to coil around the woman's neck. The tip of it's tail was nothing compared to claws and teeth but it didn't need to be. Durable enough scales to endure meteor like impact a jab from that pointed appendage, could likely at least pierce some skin, spawn some cuts. And so it did while the majority of the tail looked to strangle, its tip looked to thrash and cut looking to cast blood about the forrest. It didn't matter if the beast lived, just that scarlet rained upon the mid summer leaves below the colossal figures.

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_tophat_:

Kaija saw as the beast's head began to turn, but it was much too late to stop a blade that had already been swung. Instead of meeting the beast's collar bone as she had wanted, the gnashing blades of the soldier's sword instead tore through the beast's left wing, then slid off of the creature's body and deep into the ground. The sound of the appendage crashing into the ground was followed by the roar of supernatural flames that traveled up the dragon's throat and then burst into the skies.

The fire produced a corona of colors in the air as it rippled with heat and breathable oxygen was burnt into toxic ozone. Kaija was aware of the creature's breath long before she arrived, but even still the heat surprised her. She released the creature's claw and leapt to her right, rolling over it's back as the fire singed the edges of her hair and her gauntlets and boots began to glow faintly from the ambient heat and radiation that the suit had been redirecting.

The moment that her feet hit the ground, she made a short retreat then activated her shield, the flames looking to engulf her only a moment later. The heat was something that Kaija was accustomed to when fighting creatures such as these, but even so the fire began to take it's toll on her immediately. Even behind her defenses, she felt it with her next breath. It was the air. Unlike many of the lasers, particle beams, electric attacks or various other energy assaults launched by various Kaiju, the fire began to compete with her for fresh air. What wasn't consumed in combustion was ozonified. She began to cough as she tried to breathe, and decided that she needed to move to catch a fresh breath before advancing upon the now-grounded creature once more. The dragon had other proceedings in mind.

From behind the vale of fire, the creature's tail shot forth and wrapped itself around Kaija's neck. It began to to prick her and rivers of blood, that to Kaija were little more than trickles, began to trail down onto her chest. Even worse, the tail began to choke her, reducing the amount of oxygen that she was getting even more. Kaija grew irritated, but instead of removing the appendage from her neck, she saw an opportunity to take advantage of with the creature's appendage held firmly in place.

She took her sword, and plunged it deep into the ground at her side. Then, with her free right arm, she would grab the beast's tail and wrap it around her forearm. She would pull with more than enough force to flip the dragon over onto it's back and drag it closer to her, keeping her shield held high to block any fire that continued to come her way. Once she pulled the beast close enough, she would attempt to drive the edge of the shield into the dragon's neck. Although the shield's edge was completely dull and not designed to pierce the hide of Kaiju, the narrow edge of the defense was perfect for dramatically increasing the amount of pressure that she could apply with a blow. She would drive the circular defense into the creature's neck in an attempt to close off its airways and prevent it from breathing anymore fire.

Then, she would release the beast's tail, and with her now free right hand, she would simply draw her sword from the ground, drive it into the dragon's chest, and attempt to gut the beast alive.

_tophat_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaija:

The objective was blood, and only blood within the comfortable halls of castle a witch sleeps once again returning to dreams alone. Hopefully her moments of lingering in slumber and yet casting the arcane grand and so mysterious would draw in a power unspeakable. To increase the knowledge and understanding for a situation to come, steps to a throne was how she saw this fight. Violence birthed from a desire for something so much more, but only settling for more. Having the world bend to her will was such a cliche notion, rather she wanted to know how to reach such highs. And how to surpass someone who reached those highest, and how to surpass even that. The drive to know magic, to breathe it in and be one with it was inescapable. She'd dream a thousand dreams, cast nightmarish spells, just for a chance to continue to shatter glass ceilings. And it would all start the next climb, through the drops of blood of someone who could grow to match the size of giants. Closed crystal eyes, and through them, through ones that burn like magma Alice watches a theatric clash.

Blood dripped from the severed wing boiling hot it's tide casts a flood on the ground below. A close look and one might find small fires, patches of grass ignighted by dragons blood. It wasn't the ichor that was desired however, air was consumed as if confronted by a ravenous starving beast. From the dragon came fire, monstrously hot and stealing oxygen in mass. It's flames a beauty at a glance and blinding at a stare. The suit of the knight glowed from the heat doing its best to endure, a few burns but not as devastating as desired by the towering dragon or it's master. Impressively despite blazing like a supernova it wasn't the heat of the column of fire that was antagonizing the knight. It was so much more based on something simpler oxygen, a tactic that'd been used before by another knight in a mech. Amusing how something so simple could mean so much more in a fight then the various other factors of combative technique in a world of superhumans. Ingenuity and skill was the divide between the people who fought so valiant or selfish in everyday life.

The tale tightens, it thrashes at it's tip and as it does blood is shed. It's nothing in the grand scheme of the over all combat. Small cuts against the skin, little more then a nuisance. At this size of dueling figures though what falls is like a damn being broken. Flicking tail sends droplets that drown a tree in vermillion. Progress for future endeavors, but the witch and thus her pet were not yet satisfied. A grip tightens around the tail, very well let her squeeze let the scales crack. In her titanic grip the tail would begin to lighten up, its hide however durable enough to endure to a degree that might changed the tail into a frightening weapon. Broken scales and spikes along the tail they'd twist, turn about and turn the tail into a series of saw blades. The intention being that in the moment of her superior hand to hand combat, Kaija would find herself sticking her hand within a blender. Open the palm to the cold night breeze as it was hopefully ripped and cut by the tail trying to get free but not wanting to let go of the throat either.

No Caption Provided

Knocked to it's back the beast was quick to try and get to it's knees. Not wanting to be completely down it's head rotated and cast the enchanting flames about the pair. Looking to encircle them in a domain of horrific heat and oxygen deprived inferno. A shield comes down, and the arms of the dragon rise to defend against it. A motion that almost looked more human or like a boxer even then a monstrous dragon. As the shield came down on the arms of the beast its scales broke away, and blood ran down those colossal limbs in monstrous torrents. The flames would not seem to evaporate any blood shed though, for blood played apart in the rituals to come.

Limbs doven into with shield the free hand goes for the blade. The trademark weapon of any good knight, a bit mangled and broken however the tale was still intact however and would continue to try and squeeze around the throat while it still could. Meanwhile the large maw of the dragon birthed of dreams would travel under the tail and quickly snap in an effort to catch Kaija's wrist mid swing. Teeth large enough to chew on modern structures looked to sink into the arm, fangs almost spectral as they lingered in an intangible status until finding refuge within something. Neither dragon or witch knew how long they could hold out. Alternative plans were being set up for additional moves because of this. The one good wing of the dragon slowly looking to gather the shattered and scattered scales thrown about the soil. An attempt to plot a move ahead as the dragon and giant clashed in savage fashion.

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kaija

@_tophat_:

Now, this. Well, this is what I get paid to do...

Kaija was more-than-glad that she had decided to lure the dragon away from civilization and into the forests, a mere glance at the lands around them assured her that she had made the correct decision. Fire engulfed everything, and not the flames of modern man, but that of wizards and dragons. The heat was unimaginable. The earth below them shook, quakes were produced in every step that sought to crack stone and tear trees asunder by sheer virtue of magnitude. Boulders shot into the air and small mountains were formed as the land adjusted to the movements of the two colossi. And the air. The air was so goddamned thin...

Still, despite it all, Kajia was right where she had wanted to be. She had the beast in her grasp, in range of her weapons. Her opponent had been floored, and she had had control. And, most importantly, she could endure. As columns of flames surrounded them and intercepted fresh air that might've traveled in their direction, she endured. As fresh wounds opened on her arm while she dragged the beast closer, she endured. As the beast continued to choke her with all of its might, she endured. At the moment, her greatest enemy was time. The amount of time that she had before she would be forced to break away from the beast and find fresh air was steadily decreasing, but even still, she did not want to break away. Not yet, not while such an opportunity was presenting itself.

Her shield came down to meet not the beast's throat, but it's claws, breaking the skin and drawing blood. She tore her bloodied right arm out of the jagged grip of the dragon's tail, and then reached for her sword. Blood was flung about the forests in this one movement, but Kajia didn't exactly have time to worry over it. She drew the blade from the land, raised it high, then began her strike at the exposed underbelly of the beast. Before the blade could meet flesh once more, the dragon's head snaked around for her arm attempting to put an end to the strike with it's one free appendage.

A small adjustment was made.

A subtle flex of the wrist and a twist of the arm, and the dragon would find not Kajia's wrist, but the blade of her sword itself sailing into the beast's mouth. Kaija would adjust her stance, putting weight onto her sword arm as she attempted to not only drive the blade in deeper, but drive the head attacked to the snakelike neck into the ground. She would press down, putting her all into that swing in an attempt to saw through not only the beast's cheeks, but it's skull. She wanted to separate brain from spine, and lower from upper jaw.

_tophat_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By _tophat_

@kaija:

A slight change in the position, a sway in the fight taking place. An opportunity in the language of the arcane Alice figured as it came to pass. Things change and opportunities arise the dragon very much fought like a killer, but death was not the intention only blood. And the move about to be made would open to the kind of blood loss rituals required. So the dragon even though it may have been able wouldn't block. It would not defend against the sword's arching gesture.

The chainsaw advances and catches the dragon center of the maw and free m a flanking side, towering teeth are passed through like air, it's bite would remain as volatile as ever. It didn't run from the slash but rather moved into it. Asegment of the jaw is unhinged tendons and muscle torn, Scales spark and break under the tearing teeth of a chainsaw, tongue split open casting scarlet to runn down the beast's jaw in a flood. It's throat was carved up segments of skull and elongated neck the flames dancing about inside the beast as organs and muscles meant to let loose the furry of it's breath was ravaged open. The roaring teeth of the chainsaw styled blade struggled against the spine of the dragon however enchanted bone doing what it could to endure. As the blade passed by it but the ripping edges struggled to damage the spine looking to cleave head in seperate halves. Vermilion ichor spilled in gallons, while dragons vitality was good however it was Kaija's the beast and master wanted and thus why they gave in to the savagery it endured.

It was so that they could then clamp down with mighty jaw and elongated teeth. A tilt as the beast tried to keep a colossal blade from tearing free or worse dividing the dragon's entire skull. So it was that the beast moved to make it able to sink fangs into the wrist, teeth tearing at the hand it meant traveling down the blade pain filled the mouth cuts plentiful from such an act. Between likely cross guard of the sword and the blade itself dragon likely would soon have a broken mess for a mouth that was unusable and hanging by but tendons. In that moment though it did not care, coming at speeds that would have cast thunderous noise and ionized air if the beast had weight like it should the dragon looked to chew at the wrist of the opposition, to nearly attempt to bite the hand off. Even though the teeth were towering in size and cared little for durability though they wouldn't actually look to take the limb, Such would contradict plans. The attack however was not yet over, its gut still was full of a fire that burned like a dying star. As it's jaw tried to clamp down as much as it could an inferno burst free, a fire that'd rage past its jaw, as well as out the back of the monster's head and in an awkward sideways gesture. Do to the deeply inflicted cut of the sword the fire traveled in a trio of directions, with blade inside the dragon it should be exposed to the flames and reduced to molten materials that mixed with blood soaked soil, and poured down the creatures throat. The rest of the flames would look to explore the arm of the knight that fought the dragon while matching it's size or pollute the air consuming oxygen. None of these flames traveled the distance desired however for it was to late. The near fatal slice had ruined the chance to cast fire in proper columns of flame.

Meanwhile at risk of extra rivers of blood from the dragon, the hands that had blocked the shield would then let go. It left itself open yes but the elongated limbs of the beast allowed for it to reach the desired position. They would swipe, lightning fast, talons carrying little for durability and armor they would seek to sink into the stomach and well toned abs of the impressive martial artist. Admittedly the dragon was likely open to a killing blow its claws distracted from defense, that wasn't to say it was quite over however. As tail continued to try and tighten, the wing having scooped up the scales of the dragon that'd broken and scattered would flap its leathery frame. Fast enough to cast a wind capable of blowing a building apart, the shards it held would race at a speed to match the dragon's reflexes, to act like bullets essentially. It was a scatter shot of a motion a far cry from accurate, impact though was expected to score more open wounds and thus more of the valued carmine the witch sought after.

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_tophat_:

Success!

Or, so it seemed. The blow had landed and Kaija could feel her weapon bore through the beast as she applied pressure. Blood and flesh filled the skies, and after witnessing the muscle tear away from the monster's skull and it's lower jaw drop and dangle freely, Kaija allowed herself a moment of relief. She had assumed that this particular battle was over. Unfortunately, the familiar sound of raging flame reminded her that battle had yet to come to an end.

It burst forth from the dragon's ravaged throat, a wide wave of fire that shot out in nearly every direction. Kaija pulled away from the beast and it's gnashing maw, redness filling her cheeks as the need for air became evermore urgent. The first claw came immediately after the flames. Kaija made a short retreat to evade the monster's attack. It was a bit too late. Although she managed to mitigate the depth of the wound, four slashes were drawn across her chest, and four rivers of blood began to pour.

The second claw came, but Kaija had grown weary of the beast's tenacity. She managed to deflect it with her shield and get her head back into the game. She began to cough again. A wave of scales shot forth from the ground, they did little more than distract and annoy her. The coughing continued. Even if she wanted to continue fighting this monster right there in that ring of fire, her time had run out. She needed to move, and she needed to breathe.

There was one strange thing that Kaija had noticed about the beast when she moved it earlier. It was unusually light and easy to move physically. Perfect. Kaija decided to make one more use of the tether that connected herself and the beast before it would cause her to black out. She would simply raise her shield towards the beast and dash forward in a fierce tackle. Like a bullet train, she would charge out of the flames, moving forward with more than enough force to carry the dragon with her, plastered on her shield.

After exiting the flames, she would deactivate her shield and used the armored gauntlet left on her arm to tear the beast's tail off of her neck, then make a short retreat. Then, with eyes locked with the Dragon, she'd breathe.

Ok.

"Clair Allison Matthews. I'll give it to you, you sure know how to make a monster" Kaija spoke to the woman behind the Kaiju, an adrenaline fueled smile on her face. Even if the magician was nowhere to be seen, Kaija knew that she could hear her.

Kaija didn't bother to to reactivate her shield. With her opponent suffering a separated jaw, a damaged throat, and a missing wing, Kaija didn't have to worry about charging through a field of magical flames. She could focus on close quarters combat, and an armored gauntlet would serve her better than a wall of defense in this situation. She would lower herself to the ground, charge into the beast at blistering speeds, and attempt to tackle it to the ground, keeping her armored gauntlet in front of her as she advanced. If she succeeded in flooring the monstrosity, she would immediately climb atop and pin its forearms to the ground with her legs and its head with her own armored hand. She would then reverse her grip on her grip on her sword, then attempt to drive it's teeth between the monster's neck and shoulder-bone, attempting to sever arteries and grind apart organs.

_tophat_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaija:

No Caption Provided

"Your not wrong" the magician ever egotistical and proud remarked to herself within her dreams. Behind the castle walls of her slumbering fortress. To think this was what she could do in a trance. Apart of her was eager to test just how awful things could become in the material world if she tried. Just how much knowledge and magical talent could she have if the one she sought came to her tonight and gave her the understanding she craved. The night should be coming to close soon, the requirements had been met. First few steps of an over arching scheme, time to begin doing some research and some creating of an insect. A flick of the wrist, and two of her walked off for other tasks. The real Alice having a dragon to command for at least a few more moments.

Jaw was gone practically just barely hanging on. The blade still intact and fire not reaching as far as the dragon desired the slight retreat meant things were likely to come to an end soon. A few tears from phantom like talons, they hadn't sunken deeply into the opponent one hand missed entirely. More blood was spilt however and in the end that was all that mattered. The objectives were already being met, let the tail loose be tossed aside, going to need it for a final move. Attempt to roar in protest, sell the beast, a creature angry at the world and master in it's final moments. And so the dragon does, it's roar shakes the buildings in the distance, scatters the summer leaves about the area. A few flames are pushed by the wave of air pressure dancing a long branches. Flames don't spread like they should the damage is to much, the roar though loud is done with a gargling sound of blood from the brutal wounds inflicted. It plays up the idea that it's a dragon something noble and glorious being cut down and betrayed reduced to it's lesser instincts.

A shield hits it, and scales shatter like glass from the impact. Soft skin under the diamond like hide of scales is easily pulverized. Bruised a few shards of scales are rammed deep ripping into the creature. Spilt blood continues to paint the forrest as the dragon is brought down onto it's back. It's ribcage is broken, sternum penetrates the heart. It races and can be heard thanks to wounds done. The sound is like thunder in every thump and given how fast it goes the air around the dragon is hot earth cracking from the sound. Tackled to the earth did the chest no favors and soon the dragon's arms were pinned down a gauntlet keeping it's head to the ground as a killing blow was readied. The magma like eyes of the beast shake, playing up an expression of fear. There's a performer behind it someone who loves a show almost as much as she loves herself.

Sword comes down, between shoulder and throat and the body gives to the impact. Geysers of blood raise from the beast, arterial spray in hundreds of gallons. Fire breaks free wild and unaimed but there, the organs meant to let the fire travel had been torn open so the flames dance amongst the rush of blood dying hyde of the dragon and the forrest floor. In it's last minutes however it writhes a final time, last seconds of retaliation. Hind legs kick up, the acrobatic performer in control looking to kick claws into the shoulders and scapula of the towering knight about to obtain victory. A final stretch for blood, the tale broken in many places but still usable looks to flicker one last time. WIth all appendages of the foe preoccupied the tail thrusts forward a move like a fencer might do with a rapier. Tip of the tale that moved fast as lightning itself looked to dive into one of the previous cuts of the claws. To impale in a final act of beastly rage and the general quest for the fluid of vitality.

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kaija

@_tophat_:

With the beast pinned down and broken, Kaija drove her blade between the dragon's collarbone and spine and deep into it's chest cavity, blood and flesh erupting from the wound alongside flame. The teeth of her weapon ground the monster's innards into a bloody inferno. She leaned forward, and knelt down over the creature's torso and well out of range of the claws on it's legs. The tail prodded at her sides and wounds, but she ignored, swiveling her weapon until the beast was nothing more than a container of lifeless mulch.

The beast had fallen.

Kaija stood, walked a short ways away from the dragon's corpse, then sat cross-legged, facing towards the corpse to keep an eye on it. She assessed her condition. Shallow wounds on her neck and torso. Slightly deeper wounds on her forearm. Overall, she was relatively unharmed. She had no deep bleeding gashes, no broken bones, no loss of responsiveness, no fatigue and no difficulty concentration. Still, despite the fact that she had dealt with worse injury than what had plagued her now, she couldn't help but feel defeat.

"Truthfully, all I need is you to spray your blood upon these trees. My master has research, is compiling notes. You provide a unique opportunity of study."

It fell from her neck, her torso and her right arm; rivers of blood trickling from her wounds. Their battle had carried them throughout the forest, spraying the fluid everywhere. She didn't bother to move and search the forests for the mess that she had made, doing so would only threaten to spread even more of it throughout the woods. So she sat their waiting until she heard the familiar sound of Osprey approaching.

"Clair Allison Matthews." Kaija thought to herself, repeating the name in her head so that she wouldn't allow herself to forget.

Kaija rose to her feet as Goliath Arm transports landed nearby in the ravaged forests, then relinquished her equipment to storage so that it could be carried away, repaired, refueled, and cleaned for later use. A single Osprey landed on the forest floor before her, and she assumed human size as she approached. Her boss stepped out of the the aircraft, a smile on his face.

"Outstanding work, soldier! That thing's one of the worst that you've seen. And, despite that, there are no reported casualties, no collateral damage, and you managed to keep the damn thing from even entering the city." Axum paused for a moment as his eyes scanned Kaija's body. He raised a single finger and began to trace her wounds in the air, "How you feeling soldier?"

"Huh?... Oh! I'm fine, I've dealt with worse. Give me like a week or two and it'll be like none of this ever happened." Kaija replied, gesturing at the wounds on her body, "Actually... I don't know if I'm fine. My wounds aren't too bad, but... that Kaiju wasn't normal. And I don't mean that it was stronger than most, but..."

"Uma, is this urgent or can it wait?" Axum spoke loudly, interrupting Kaija's words, "Whatever it is, I'd prefer to sit down and listen after we get you out of that suit, washed up, and bandaged."

"I'm... not entirely sure..." was what she wanted to say.

"Yessir, it can wait."

25 MINUTES LATER

Injuries on the job were common given Kaija's line of work and the fact that she often faced the unexpected. She lay on a small gurney, not out of necessity but due to it's convenience when performing medical operations. She wore nothing but bandages, her damaged suit hanging on a wrung on the opposing side of the aircraft. A a nurse continued to clean Kaija's wounds and apply bandages and antibacterial ointment as they proceeded back to Boracay. Kaija and Axum were separated by nothing more than a privacy curtain as they spoke.

"Tophat" Axum replied coldly, his eyes locked to a wall.

"Tophat?" Kaija replied, her eyes locked to the ceiling.

"Yeah, a wanted criminal and magician. And now she can summon #@&% Kaiju? Amazing..." Axum paused for a moment in thought, "Do you have any idea what she wants to do with your blood?"

"Research...?" Kaija replied, "I don't really know."

A long pause as the two thought over the situation.

"Welp, a job's a job even if the enemy was brewed in a cauldron." Axum explained, "Eat, drink, sleep, and spend some quality time with you lover. Nothing has changed, so heal up as quickly as you can. Our pilots will do what they can, but you still have to do your job when the call comes in."

"Sir, Yessir"

"I'll see about getting you some security for when you're not working, maybe a few Mavericks. Or, hell, your boyfriend could be assigned to look out for you. Lord only knows what that $#@& plans to do with your blood." Axum continued, "That said, how about I treat you to something off-base today. You did a good job, after all."

"Yeah, sure." Kaija replied as the Osprey continued to sail back to Boracay.