Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nancy_savage: Not Leonardo; the Shawn guy. Kinda reminds me of how I got with a few others...most notably Mercy alts. I think it's his emotionality in these moments. I think I have a thing for wanting to torment emotional people.

Shawn_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawn_savage: "I know, Shawn...It was never in doubt" Adam said with a smug smile. Of course he knew Shawn loved his family. It had been proven time and time again across an entire lifetime of trial and error, defeat and desperation. When Adam needed him Shawn was there with an equal determination to solve the problem at hand as himself, and equal gratification when it was accomplished.

His eyebrows rise at the shocking news of his cousin being attacked by mercenaries. "My god..." Adam says walking behind his cousin and from that moment forward staying silent, letting what he could tell was the early beginning of an explosion building to eruption out of his stoic, emotionally corked cousin. He didn't want to say it to insult him any more than the Shogun already had, but the savant's casual character was indelibly the direct result of his most, ironically, emotionally scarring life events.

"Shawn..." He says placing his hand on the Savage Savant's shoulder and squeezing tight with a light shake as they walked the halls of the lonely mansion, "...Brother. That's the most vinegar I've seen you spit since you told me about the divorce." He says with a toothy grin, dropping it soon after "It's dangerous being around any one of us. But not for any one of us. We're Savages, we don't run away, we don't placate others agendas, and we damn sure don't leave our own to die to protect our own skin. Which, these days " He says outstretching his arm, then letting it loosen to the point where it looked like a flying squirrels wing, "I've got plenty to lose. "

Stopping and jumping ahead of his colleague, confidant, and cousin, his whiskey brown eyes meeting Shawn's "We're going to ride this out until the wheels fall off, do you understand? You start a battle with one Savage, you start a war with all of us. I refuse to watch you get hammered until your nail is in the wood six feet under."

"I suggest we retaliate before the news makes it's way back to Venezuela." Pressing a button on his wrist watch, Adam's latest invention hovers above the glass pyramid-shaped roof covering "I suggest, we deliver it ourselves."

Shawn_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adam_savage:

He'd calmed himself, Shawn, by virtue of exhaling some air, he'd calmed himself, as much as he could in that moment. He leaned back into his chair, features still held in earnest, chest heaving subtly from his seconds old emotional outburst. Smoothing stray strands of hair from his forehead, the comely virtuoso's lips, never far from a sigh, breathed the words of a man with a taste for alcohol. "I need a drink". Rising to his full height, he strode towards the neighboring bar on the living room's right. "You want anything?", Shawn asked, hazel resting on the glass of Johnnie Walker's Double Black he'd poured himself. Downing the whiskey without concern, he winced this self-possessed savant, the alcohol burning a trail down his throat.

'The consequences of no ice', his thoughts reminded him. "Its worth telling you that Becka and I aren't actually divorced", he paused, "She left but.. she never sent me any divorce papers, and I never heard from any lawyers. That's what I'll need to work on next, Adam", Shawn decided, his voice rasping, throat scorched by fine whiskey. "Fixing my marriage. If even possible. But only after I deal with this. An entire nation of extremists is left my back branded with a target. I don't intend to run from them. I'm a gentleman, Adam. I have two doctorate degrees. I won't run. I'll teach. And this lesson's subject topic will be 'The consequences of f******* with a Savage'". Then, then came Adam's suggestion that they bring together the entire family and strike before being struck.

At that moment, Shawn couldn't help but welcome a smile. "Yeah.. that sounds good. Thank you, Adam. Let's send the others the message".

Grover_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'ma have fun with this.

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#809  Edited By Zauberin  Moderator

@everdeen: Never meet your heroes, kid. Just...try and keep your standards low, in case I can't live up.

Two girls sat beneath a large oak tree in the middle of a grass clearing, backs resting against one another in the full moon's light. One wore her wavy raven hair cascading down her back and over her shoulders, stopping just at the small of her back. The other, a wavy scarlet ponytail that fell down about halfway. The girl with the scarlet hair cast her eyes up, toward the moon; her companion's head faced down toward the ground.

Strictly maintained, fresh cut grass had served as their bedding for two nights prior, and would for that night as well. 250 acres of seclusion on a hidden ley line, the golf course was virtually perfect.

But all was not perfect. Most wouldn't notice it from afar, but the two were arguing Raven's dissatisfaction with the accommodations against Scarlet's "wistful appreciation."

"Oh, don't be like that! You were up for this trip just as much as I was when we started," Scarlet prodded good-naturedly.

"That was before. But this is definitely not what I signed up for," Raven retorted. "You said this place was known for magic and we could learn something. But...really, this again? I know you've got a soft spot for parks, but I thought I'd never go back to...this." She shifted slightly, angling sideways so she'd be able to look at Scarlet directly, causing the woman to lose her balance and fall over into the grass.

"W—ump!...Well, okay, so maybe it's mostly nostalgia." She sounded actually somewhat conciliatory. "But what is life if we can't appreciate our humble beginnings? Because of that," pointing to the full moon, "we're both sitting on the polar opposite side of peak performance. You wanna try your luck in the city, surrounded by people who might become wise to you, be my guest. But we've got a while to wait it out, and this is as good a place as any. Or better. No one'll mess with us out here."

She sat up. "Besides, we can't leave New Orleans without seeing the House of the Rising Sun."

"I...don't think that's a real place," Raven said, relenting a little and allowing herself a smirk, "but if it exists and we find it, I'm guessing it'd sure beat this."

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#810  Edited By Aberdeen

@zauberin: You ain't my hero, girl!

A boy with white hair, slim built and an eyepatch around his left eye walked into the park fast, but calm. Wind blowing, nice weather. It felt great outside. He had a napkin in hand. He wears an eyepatch to cover up his red eye, which looks odd and would draw a lot of attention. The napkin was for to wipe the blood from around his mouth. Frozen just got finished feeding, in order to survive. He's not proud of it, but he's a survivor first and foremost.

Thoughts ran through his mind as he started to remove the blood by his mouth. "Why me?"he asked with a sad look on his face, then second guessed himself. "But I'm stronger and humans are far from good people anyway, they deserve to die! It's alright for them to eat cows, pigs, chicken and other animals 'cause they feel they're above them...the same applies here then, and I don't have much of a choice anyway. For me, it's kill or be killed. Literally. I'm better off alive than dead, so there'sthat," Frozen sighed as he tossed the napkin in the grass.

Frozen approached a tree and slowly sat down by it, putting his back against it. I'll just rest here for some time, clear my head and explore this place more, he said with a concerned look on his face and looked up at the full moon. "Ahhh, it's beautiful."

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#811  Edited By Zauberin  Moderator

@everdeen:

"You don't know. The song never specified a location or anything, so we'd just have to lo!"

"Look!" Raven hissed at just above a whisper. She nudged her companion and pointed to the man approaching, seemingly unaware of them at all. "Some weirdo. He's talking to himself."

"He seems totally out of it." Scarlet's head cocked sideways and the edge of her mouth curled up. "Come on, let's go," she said, grabbing Raven's hand. They were gone before he arrived, but from nowhere they watched and listened. Their shared opinion remained. A mental exchange ensued. And then, from nowhere, the girl with the raven hair appeared as if in response to his final remark.

"Why thank you darling, you're not doing so bad yourself." She smirked, right hand planted firmly on her hip while her left lay limp at her side. Her gaze became curious, and her weight shifted mostly onto her right foot. "Or...maybe you are. Have you got a problem, sweetheart?"

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#812  Edited By Aberdeen

@zauberin: Frozen was startled, so he quickly rose to his feet in defensive position. He calmed down shortly after and sat back down as he looked at the girl."Sigh. What do you want? Do I know you or something? I mean, you should know better than to just walk up to me and start asking questions."He frowned the entire time while letting those words out.

Everdeen got back up and leaned on the tree as he begin to speak again. "Ahem. So, girl, how much of my rambling did you hear? Because if you heard too much...well, let's just say I can't let you out of my sight. Ever. Call this judging all you want, but you seem like the type to snitch and have people coming for my head, and I can't allow that to happen." Frozen continued to lean on the tree, put one foot on it, folded his arms, closed his eyes and started to smirk.

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#813 Zauberin  Moderator

I would've totally missed this.

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#814 Zauberin  Moderator

@everdeen: "Tch! What a stupid man," she scoffed. "If you're worried about 'snitching,'" she paused, smirked, mildly amused at the word, "d'you think maybe not insulting someone would make them less likely to? No?" A shrug. She looked him over, head to toe, while circling the tree, and after a look her face lit up. This'll either be terrifying, or a lot of fun.

"Someone hit you in the head or something? You don't remember me? You really do know how to hurt a girl's feelings. Do you even remember who you are?"

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zauberin: He opened his eyes as he looked at her. "I don't think you understand, miss. I'm gonna harm you if you tell anyone, that's if you heard too much that is. So I'll ask again: what did you hear?"You can hear the anger in his voice; he wasn't happy.

"And what's up with those questions? Are you by any chance trying to confuse me? Because if you are, it'll be the last thing you ever do,"he laughed uncontrollably.

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#816 Zauberin  Moderator

@everdeen: The smile disappeared and the girl straightened up, halting just off to the side of the tree. No use playing coy about it; she wouldn't stand head-on in front of a potential attacker, especially one so easily set off. And on the full moon of all times. She rolled her eyes and glared incredulously. "Are you some kinda psycho or somethin'? I'm trying to be good to you. It's customary to return the favor, not be an asshole about nothing."

She almost didn't notice. In the full moon they were weaker, but the nature of their empathy would at least somewhat compensate. Gradually, over the course of the conversation so far, her irises brightened, from a deep violet to a bloody crimson. Her head hung somewhat so that her hair fell over her features, obscuring them just so. Arturia sneered. "Careful, guy. That anger's contagious. It's not healthy. Walk around mad like that for no reason, it'll eat you alive..." If this was gonna happen, she had to at least keep pushing. Make him madder, enough to give her something potent to work with.

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zauberin: The laugh stopped, then he begin to slightly chuckle. "Psycho?You can say I am, yes, but I also have trust issues. Like why would you be nice to a random person you don't even know? I believe there's some kind of agenda behind it. Therefore, it's difficult for me to be nice to anyone, darling."

He took his right foot off the tree and started to walk around it, hands behind his back with a mischievous smile. "We haven't spoken that long and already you think you know "what's best" for me? I'm not looking for a fight, but you're testing my patience with that behavior. Keep it up I might just have to do something...to you."

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#818  Edited By Zauberin  Moderator

@everdeen:

"Oh, honey, who hurt you?" She asked, somewhere between genuine concern and mockery. "They don't have common courtesy where you come from? Or...are you an actor or something?" She sauntered around the tree just as he did, ensuring that they were on opposing sides at all times but taking care to never appear excessively worried. Mental edge at all times...

"I'll excuse you because you're psycho but self-aware enough to know it. So, a word of advice, and try to remember it. Most people are nice to strangers without knowing them, unless the stranger is an asshole first or a particular circumstance dictates otherwise. It's...kinda how people get to know anyone in the first place. Understand?"

Novastar_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to have to post here as a different character. ^_^

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#820  Edited By Aberdeen

@zauberin: "I'm not... I'm not even gonna respond to that question, girl,"he said with a slight chuckle and continued to circle around the tree at a normal pace. Thoughts ran through his mind like, "I'm a wreck. I try my best to act normal, but I just...can't."

"And like I said before: people have an agenda for being nice, as in boosting their ego, manipulating them, the list goes on. And in this case I feel you're up to something, just can't figure out what exactly...yet. I mean, you do seem really nice, but it's hard for me trust anyone. I've been double-crossed a lot in my time, and I can't let it happen again. Now do you understand why I'm so mean?" Frozen asked seriously while cracking his knuckles, preparing for the worst.

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#821  Edited By Zauberin  Moderator

@everdeen:

Holding her arm one over the other, Arturia pressed her forefinger to her lips and pushed out a belaboured sigh. "A misanthrope...Listen up, guy. All relationships, friendly or not, are manipulation. It's not always bad, though. It's like a...mutually agreed upon manipulation pact." In response to his increasingly aggressive demeanor she turned around. Sat cross-legged on the grass and began idly scratching in the dirt. In silence, at first.

"All of it, ego and manipulation. We agree to lie to each other. Or even act just a bit less honest. I help you out so you like me more, and in turn you'll help me out so I'll like you more. I won't be so quick to tell you about your flaws, I'll enhance your good qualities - well, for those of us who have good qualities...Friends make us feel good about ourselves. We do this and we don't talk about it, so we forget that it's manipulation. But that's okay. That's just the way the world works. Everybody needs friends, and the more you have the better off you're gonna be. So yeah, most of us are nice to strangers, and we do have an agenda. But the agenda isn't always malice." She shrugged. "I can't speak for whoever else you dealt with, but...ah, well...Take it or leave it."

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zauberin: He stared in silence, thinking of something to say. "You have a way with words, I'll give you that. But if that's suppose to be an attempt to calm me down or make me trust people, then you're crazier than me... and that's saying something,"It was said in a teasing yet serious tone.

Frozen tried to switch the subject by asking some questions of his own. "I would really like to hurt you, but I'll save that for another occasion. So whatever your name is, what brings you here on such a quiet night? Are you by any chance looking for something?" He asked eagerly.

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#823 Zauberin  Moderator

@everdeen:

Arturia remained seated and didn't react much to the man, until he finished. She kept on, her finger scratching in the dirt and grass, and then she stopped. Her movements were slight at first, vocalizations hardly audible. She looked at her work, lightly shuddering, breathing rapid shallow breaths.

She was giggling. And over time her giggling became louder and louder until she threw her head back and began singing a resounding chorus of laughter which echoed through the trees. As if she were answered by a multitude all with the same voice. The trees seemed to shiver in response, rustling their leaves.

After a while Arturia regained control of herself, and threw a glance over her shoulder. Casual, lightly mocking. She took a deep breath before responding. "Oh, darling. Is that how you think this works? You'll go on about how you can't trust and want to hurt me, and then I'm supposed to tell you all about my life goals? You haven't even offered a name."

She shrugged. "Very well. I'm here because I need a place to stay, and I'm...looking for a place to stay...in the short-term. We'll start there. Baby steps. Your tuuurn," she lilted.

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#824  Edited By Aberdeen

@zauberin: He quickly frowned at the girl, not sure what she was laughing at. Frozen stopped pacing around the tree and took a seat in the grass, took a deep breath and responded to her. "Hey! I was just asking a simple question, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less."He chuckled while remaining serious.

"Mhm. Soooooo you're homeless?"His facial expression changed, showing a little concern. "And as for me? I'm here because I need a place to clear my head, and this is the perfect spot to do it at." Everdeen hesitated before letting his upcoming words out. "Uh, the names...Everdeen. What's yours?"

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#825 Zauberin  Moderator

@everdeen: "I'm not homeless!" Arturia fired back, turning slightly red in the face. "I'm from out of town, as if the accent shouldn't have given it away." She stood up and faced him, crouched to become level even if they weren't directly face to face. "Are you saying we're done with...whatever that was? I'm not giving my name if it's just going to be used to try and hurt me later. So, Everdeen, does that mean you're agreeing to this temporary pact with me?"

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zauberin: "Okay, I was just wondering."Everdeen laughed at her facial expression while remaining in the same semi-comfy position as before. "Yes, yes we are...for now at least. As much as I hate to say this...I was kinda rude to you for noreason," he said with an embarrassing look on hisface.

Everdeen changed the look on his face in less than a second. "So are you gonna gimme a name now?"

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#827 Zauberin  Moderator

@everdeen: Briefly taken aback, Arturia's eyes widened and she scanned Everdeen for signs that he was being facetious. And, with the pleasant appraisal of someone who'd just been validated on a matter of personal importance, she smiled and straightened her posture, puffing her chest and nodding her self-satisfaction. Well look at that. Guess there's hope for him yet.

But while her outward expression showed complete satisfaction the fledgling relationship was not bereft of suspicion. She'd learned long ago there was power in names, well beyond what conventional knowledge would suggest. Should this Everdeen happen to be much more than he seemed, he could be a danger and her own name could be her undoing. So of course, she defaulted to her usual pseudonym, that which she dreamed was her mother's.

Without missing a beat, "I'll say it slowly the first time because people usually struggle with it. You may call me Ylanis Esaith."

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#828  Edited By Aberdeen

@zauberin: "Weird name for a weirdperson,"he said while smiling, extending his arm, expecting a handshake. "Nice to meetyou.

Hesitation at first, but he finally spit the words out. "So... so what do you do for a living, if you don't mind me asking?" His demeanor changed, though he couldn't explain it. I guess her words got to him, even if it is just temporary.

Black_Bullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@everdeen said:

@zauberin: "Weird name for a weirdperson,"he said while smiling, extending his arm, expecting a handshake. "Nice to meetyou.

Hesitation at first, but he finally spit the words out. "So... so what do you do for a living, if you don't mind me asking?" His demeanor changed, though he couldn't explain it. I guess her words got to him, even if it is just temporary.

No Caption Provided

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#830 Zauberin  Moderator

@everdeen: "What do I do?" she repeated, resting her face on her knuckle. She was actually perplexed, not sure how to answer. Someone like him, he'd be the last person who had a right to judge her, but Arturia would not stand for the appearance of classlessness even to a stranger, and "sugar baby" just didn't seem fitting. And that explanation itself, she considered putting it lightly.

Finally, she shrugged. "I do whatever I like. I'm an heiress. I take part in multiple ventures of my own like. Far too many to give a concise descriptive list." She spoke with an air of self-importance befitting one who'd spent her life in the lap of luxury, and then was quiet for several moments. After a brief time of thought it occurred that the polite thing to do would be to return the favor. She didn't particularly want to, didn't care enough. She spent the silence arguing with herself, finally relenting with a sigh.

"Soo....What keeps you busy? Certainly not a desk job."

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#831  Edited By Aberdeen

@zauberin: "I... see. You're talented indeed,"he said while nodding his head.

Everdeen suddenly paused when she asked the same question, not sure what to say. The truth obviously wasn't an option, but a lie that's not good enough wasn't either. So he had to make a choice on the fly, and quick. He sighed before answering. "A scavenger. I'm a scavenger, that's what I do."A nervous laugh appeared on his face, but he was worst in the inside, like he was about to have a nervous breakdown or something. Everdeen closed his eyes and remained silent for a little while.

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#832 Zauberin  Moderator

@everdeen: "A scavenger," she echoed, looking him over, a hint of suspicion in her voice. She hadn't taken him for a liar. Following that answer, however, that was half the problem. That he should use this particular term to describe himself. Vague, ambiguous just as she had been, she admitted to herself, but no one ever thought of "scavenger" with favourable imagery on the mind. "That's...curious. An interesting descriptor, sir. Would you care to elaborate, tell me a little bit about what you do and why you do it? Is this...fun for you, or simply necessity?"

She began pacing slowly around the tree again. Back and forth, though never too far from his field of vision. Stay within the line of sight, maintain the fragile trust. Although, she began to wonder, it was possible she'd begun unconsciously influencing him. If she could relax him enough to make him an easy thrall, everything else hardly mattered.

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#833  Edited By Aberdeen

@zauberin: His eyes opened and he was officially out of that weird state. You can still see he was kinda nervous because he didn't know how to answer her question, and didn't know that she would be more specific. Everdeen was backed into a corner, looking for a way to get out of it.

"I-I gotta do whatever it takes to survive, Esaith. I hate it, but I'm a survivor by heart. And let's just say I do things that a lot of people would consider bad. I wish I could go more into detail, it's just trust and all. I hope you understand why I can't elaborate more. He eyeballed her as she walked across the tree. Everdeen was calm, though concerned of what she might say or do.

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#834 Zauberin  Moderator

@everdeen: Her expression fell hollow as she listened to his response. As if it wasn't obvious enough before. She could never recall having said it aloud, but everything he said was familiar; it was nearly identical to what she'd told herself about her own nature. The nerves alone practically set her empathetic sense ablaze before he even opened his mouth. Arturia stopped pacing and started toward him, her expression then showing a degree of concern. She knelt and extended her hand, palm up, near his face.

No Caption Provided

"There, there, darling. You don't need to say anything else. You've already said plenty. And all that, my dear, was quite redundant itself." As she spoke there seemed to pour from her hand a violet-black mist. And as from the air itself, a red-stained napkin - the very same which Everdeen had discarded earlier. "I know quite enough." A grin of pure delight spread across her face then. A smug expression of pride and power. I've got you now, it said.

"But you can elaborate. And if you're smart you will, because it pleases me. Trust me, Everdeen, you want to make me happy."

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zauberin:

No Caption Provided

Everdeen stared at her and the black mist unaware of what it could do. He gasped when he saw the red stained napkin, was scared, nervous and confused. Anyone that have sight and great senses can see it. Despite his mixed emotions, it wasn't going to stop him from speaking.

"What... do you want from me? I-I-I said I wouldn't hurt you, but the look you're giving me now I'm having second thoughts about that. An--And I thought you said you wanted to know me, though this isn't what it seems like. It's more like, "Tell me or else," which I don't like that."Nervousness, anger, confusion. Again, that's his mixed emotions.

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#836 Zauberin  Moderator

@everdeen: Arturia visibly delighted in his distressed response. Her smirk grew wider and her eyes bore more than a hint of lunacy. As Everdeen recoiled she pressed the napkin further into his space, giggling madly. She hardly minded his words at all.

...Until she did. The sadistic smile faded from her face, replaced with perplexity. And then, apology. "Oh...Oh, shit. You were serious." Just as it had appeared the napkin vanished. Slowly, she reached out to touch his shoulder, meeting him with a conciliatory gesture. "I guess...You might have been a little right about people too. I mean, you started it, but...I know, I've been there." She remembered her earlier days alone, before Ambrosius and her sister. Hours upon hours with no real, lasting companionship, and even those two weren't perfect. Ambrosius with his vanishing all the time, Emina with her demanding, often callous nature.

"People are assholes. Experience enough of that and you start to wanna one-up them. Get a preemptive strike on the...asshole-ishness. I really am sorry, sir. I was just curious. I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours? Of course, if you don't think you can get over it we could just split."

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zauberin: Everdeen was more puzzled than ever and remained speechless for sometime. He didn't know what to think about this girl. Not too long ago she was trying to do something to him, now she just stopped. Esaith is like a mixed bag to him, full of surprises. Despite how much he wanted to walk away from all this and move on with his life, he just couldn't. Not yet at least. Everdeen sees potential in her.

He finally decided to speak again after being in shock. "I...I don't understand. Do you have some type of character problem? One minute it looked like you were gonna do something to me, and now you want me to share my secret with you? I mean, you have some nerve,girl."He smirked before rolling his eyes at her, laughing at what just happened.

"But no harsh feelings though, I was a douche to you as well, so let's just call it even. About my secret...what is it you wanna know? Do you wanna go first or shall I? Before any of us start though, promise me you won't try any more crazy shit. Because if you do I won't freak out next time, I'll take action."

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#838 Zauberin  Moderator

@everdeen: "As well?" You were the douche to me in the first place! Arturia thought, rolling her eyes. "Although I suppose near the end there I could accept responsibility for pushing it. I was just...having a bit of fun." She shrugged absently, not truly thinking much of it. "I make no promises. However, I will try my best to not do anything that falls under this vaguely defined 'crazy shit.' And if I do, you may feel free to act as you please, in response. You will do as you must and so will I."

Now that that's settled, "I guess I won't be needing this to hurt you with after all." Rising again, she strode to the spot where she had earlier seemed to be idly dawdling in the dirt, and as she stepped over the marking the sigil came to life, shimmering beneath her foot. A series of stony vines sprung up from the earth, gripping her arms and legs and body, raising her into the air. She rose about half the height of the tree before being lowered down upon a still-forming throne made from the very same material. Those at her legs became a seat; her body, a rest for her back; and at her arms formed armrests of stone. With the snap of her fingers she conjured thick cushioning for the makeshift throne.

One leg crossed over the other. "You first," she invited, perching forward and resting her face on her hand, eyes slightly widened in apparent anticipation.

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#839  Edited By Aberdeen

@zauberin: "Fair enough." He nodded in response to her comment. Then Everdeen suddenly stared in awe of her abilities, like he never seen anything similar before. "You're more special than I thought. Kinda curious of what you're hiding. I look forward to finding out..."

His head shook in disapproval, mocking her. "Whatever happened to ladies first? Save the best for last?"He said while pointing to himself. Everdeen cleared his throat and was about to speak in a more serious tone, but he was hesitant to go through with it at first. He let the words out after a quick debate in his head. "Okay, so....I-I eat people in order to survive. I'm like a cannibal, a functional zombie. Actually I am a zombie, though I'm half human too, hence why I'm not a brainless idiot. But if I don't eat, that's probably what I'll become or starve to death. One or the two."

He felt a bit ashamed for telling her that, and brave for letting someone know about his secret. "Balls in your court now, Esaith."

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#840 Zauberin  Moderator

@everdeen: "Oh my," she said, as amused as his story was curious. In truth she related far more than she was willing to admit. They were probably more similar than even she realized, she more understanding than he. "You...eat people?" It was somewhat feigned surprise; not completely left-field, considering the napkin, but a living, taking, kinda-sorta intelligent zombie? This coming from a girl who discovered in her teens that she was a demon? She stifled her laughter.

"I see. And that's what you were threatening me with. I'll be honest, I'm kind of insulted. Such a gruesome thing. It's annoying, borderline infuriating, to even imagine. You eating me. Can't say I'd blame you for wanting," a slight acquiescence, running her free hand down from her neck to mid-thigh. "I bet...that and more is on your mind right now." She paused suggestive accusation in her raised brows.

"It's maddening." Her voice snapped like the cracking of a whip. "I'd do well to kill you right now, might save myself some future trouble. But," resuming her calm, "I said I wouldn't start anything. So I guess it's my turn."

A shrug. "I'm just a girl who got interested in defending myself from things. Things like...well, things that might like to eat me. You're not born a mutant or a god or some kind of alien, what do you do? How can a human achieve power? You dabble in esoterica. You read a lot of hidden knowledge, practice it, and in doing so you seize the edge you need to stand against those who could do you harm. Unfortunately for your curiosity, anything significant that I'm hiding will remain hidden until the need to unveil it arises. Safety measure. You understand, yes?"

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#841  Edited By Aberdeen

@zauberin: "Survival is my number one option, it's not like I take pride in it or anything. Even if I did, you can't judge me. No one can." He had second thoughts about telling her, but what's done is done. After all, it's not like he's doing it without finding out something about her too.

"You are kinda adorable, yeah, but looks is the last thing I have on my mind when I devour people." He laughed a bit before going into a quick thought process. It feels like I was played, like I went all out and she's still hiding something. She knows my greatest secret and I don't know hers. Kinda lame if ya ask me, but that's what I get for being mean to her at first. Can't expect things to go your way when you do things like that. Despite how disappointed I am, I'll just play it cool.

"That's kinda a vague description you gave me there, though it's a start I suppose. I mean, you robbed me here...figuratively. But I'm not gonna complain about it."He rolled his eyes at her again, a little frustrated. "As much as it hurts for me to say this, I... I understand why you don't wanna tell me your full story. You're still unhappy about my behavior towards you when we first met, and I understand your position...for now." Everdeen shrugged.

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#842  Edited By Zauberin  Moderator

@everdeen: Arturia paused, briefly surprised. Huh."Didn't realize I needed to spell it out for you. Magic, okay? It's not going to get any clearer than that. Personally, I feel like 'magic' is way more vague than what I just said." And she leaned farther forward, a bit agitated at the simplicity. "Figured it was obvious with...all this," she said, waving her hands around the seat upon which she sat. Then, casually, "So how long's it been since you've eaten anyone? Am I in danger?"

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#843  Edited By Aberdeen

@zauberin: "Whatever. It's not that it was a bad response, I was expecting so much better. You know, especially since what I told you was so much better," he said somewhat taunting her.

"And nah, you're not in danger. Remember that napkin I was surprised to see again? That was my last victim, just ate before coming to this park. Even if I was hungry, I wouldn't go after you unless I had no choice. Ain't a fan of working hard for my meals, and you're capable of some wicked things." Everdeen started to walk around with his hands in his pockets.

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#844 Zauberin  Moderator

@everdeen: "Of course it wasn't a bad response," Arturia giggled. "It was perfect, obviously. You're just...weird.

"Tch! Duh!"she exclaimed. Lightly chiding herself with a slight tap on the head whilst rolling her eyes. Use the napkin as a prop and forget what it means two seconds later...Brilliant! It was, at the least, a comforting response. "And I guess we're fine as long as you can recognize that about me." On second thought, she noted, as long as she never slept or showed depletion in his presence. Thankful, then, that he wasn't aware of her body's reactions in tune with the phases of the moon.

She let the silence hang over them. Testing her edge and his fortitude. Saying nothing, but her violet eyes always following him as he strolled about. Betraying nothing by her expression.

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zauberin: "So it seems you ain't so bad after all, even if I can't fully trust you. I still think that you're up to something, but I have no way of finding out or proving it yet. I guess we're on neutral terms for now, if that's okay with you."He raised an eyebrow, giving her quick eye contact.

This could be a case of him methodically trying to earn her trust, maybe even becoming friends with Ylanis. Or it's all according to his plan to double-cross her.

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#846 Zauberin  Moderator

@everdeen: "Really?" Her lips pursed and she blew a forced breath through her nose, mockingly pouting. "I like to think we're at least slightly better than neutral, hm? I didn't freak out or anything when I learned you eat people, and I haven't even mentioned the cops. So maybe not friends...A friendly acquaintance, at least?"

Just then her face lit up with another self-satisfied smirk, and she internally congratulated herself. "Say, would you like a job? One that could keep you out of trouble, maybe make you some cash, and you'd basically have all the...whatever, you could eat! How good are your instincts? Wait, don't answer that," she raised a hand to preeemptively cut him off, falling back into her throne. "Terrible. But good enough. Work experience? Not important, not for one like this." She wasn't even looking at him anymore, practically conversing with herself. She asked and answered her own questions for close to a minute before seeming to recognise he was still there and finally pausing.

"...Well? Would you like a job?"

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zauberin: "You didn't call the cops because you already know what would happen, and you didn't wanna suffer the consequences, Esaith."It was said in a semi serious tone, but mostly sarcasm. "Friendly acquaintance, huh? Dunno, maybe that sounds about right."He shrugged before folding his arms, taking a seat in the grass again.

"Umm, what? What kinda job are we talking about here? And why are you answering all the questions for me? You know what? Forget it, just tell me the details and we'll see where this goes. I still can't fully trust you, but you definitely have my attention with this, rather it's legit or fake."Everdeen looked at her with a cocky smile, waiting for her response.

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#848 Zauberin  Moderator

@everdeen: "Please, sir. I haven't suffered since it went out of style," Arturia shot back with a delightedly smug grin. "Let's not forget who had whom on the verge of tears just a few moments ago, hm?" She leaned back in her seat and heavily sighed. Her expression fell into a kind of languid stupor, as though mentally she was only half-present anymore. "You're not that bright, are you? But that's okay, you don't need to be bright to be a bodyguard. You only need to know how to follow orders to the best of your ability. Even a dog or a golem can do that."

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zauberin said:

"Say, would you like a job? One that could keep you out of trouble, maybe make you some cash, and you'd basically have all the...whatever, you could eat!

No Caption Provided

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zauberin: Everdeen frowned at what she just said, displeased of being reminded of that. "That's so not funny, little girl. Mock me again and I'll rip your tongue out, then put it in your hands as you scream." He smiled thinking about that, slightly snickering.

"Again with the insults? You call this being friendly? You are a walking paradox, I swear." His eyes widened, head down, hands in pockets as he stood up once more, staring at Esaith. "Bodyguard, aye? Who will I be protecting? You? I would accept, but you gotta tell me more. I can't just say yes blindly without knowing the full details.