• 169 results
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By _Zombie_

Got a question for anyone involved in Gaelic Doom. When I was making my god character, I was told to stay away from Celtic/Gaelic deities/things because of Gaelic Doom. Well, since watching an episode of Lost Girl.. I want to make The Morrigan. So, my question is, is The Morrigan involved in any way in that would prevent me from being able to make that character?

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Zauberin  Moderator

I'm gonna make a crazy killer! Well, I'm gonna finish making a crazy killer.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#103  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Oooooh boy. I better go get the alt-wagon...

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By _Zombie_

@Zauberin said:

I'm gonna make a crazy killer! Well, I'm gonna finish making a crazy killer.

Him/her and my mad scientist should totally hang out ;D

@Icarusflies said:

Oooooh boy. I better go get the alt-wagon...

I STILL refuse to admit that I have a problem.

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Zauberin  Moderator
@ZombieBigfoot
SHE wouldn't be opposed to that.
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By _Zombie_

@Zauberin: Read the edit! D:

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@ZombieBigfoot: I made 6 alts the last 3-4 days or so. I'm not saying YOU have a problem. :P

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By _Zombie_

@Icarusflies: Oh.

So tempted to make this new one..

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Zauberin  Moderator
@ZombieBigfoot
I read the edit! I just didn't feel like editing myself. . .Or apologising.
Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@ZombieBigfoot: So make it. :P

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By _Zombie_

@Icarusflies: Well, I don't want to make it, just to find out that I can't use that character.. >_>

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@ZombieBigfoot: Rule #1 of writing: Don't let others dictate your characters. Make it anyway and to heck with it. If people complain just say 'alternate universe' and that's that.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By _Zombie_

@Icarusflies: Good point, thanks. I'll probably make her now.

Lost_Nomad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#114  Edited By Lost_Nomad

Looking for some help with my character! I want some sort of hybrid street leveler, similar to spiderman if that makes any sense? I kind of want to make him a darker character like batman as well. Biggest problem is I can't figure out a power or concept for him! I want something unique and not usually used on the vine, and something that will be fun to write and read and not to mention useful in real life. Im open to any suggestions whatsoever

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By _Zombie_

Alright, I got an idea I want to get some feedback on. This idea spawned from watching an episode of 'Perception'. It involves creating another super-genius (yeah, I know, because I don't already have enough, right?). He lives an ordinary life as a university professor, doesn't get involved in the whole hero business. Well, all that flips on his head when he finds out that he's the son of one of my other characters, Victor Ross. Y'see, now that I have Ivan, I'm starting to think of orchestrating Victor's downfall. So, I want to try and make this character.

Thoughts, suggestions, etc?

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By lady_liberty

@ZombieBigfoot: Sounds good. Super geniuses are always fun.

The professor thing could be a good angle too.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By _Zombie_

@Lady_Liberty: I'm just worried that I have too many as is (I believe the count is up to 4). And yeah, got the professor idea from the show, too. I just saw that and immediately noticed that I could potentially spring an idea from it.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By lady_liberty

@ZombieBigfoot: Yeah I understand the worry about spreading yourself to thin. I guess that depends on your personal level of activity? Everyone is comfortable with levels, and there's no point in pushing yourself till your not having fun anymore. That just depends on you and what all your characters have going on I guess.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By _Zombie_

Also, I'm wanting to implement a way of.. limiting his intelligence, as it'll be on par with (if not superior) to that of Victor. I'd go with schizophrenia, but I don't want to draw too much from Perception. Can't think of anything so far.

@Lady_Liberty: Oh no, that's not the problem. It's oversaturating my own pool of characters with too many of one type. Sure, I enjoy it, but I worry a bit that I might be doing too many of them. I already run about 5-6 characters actively as is, so I'm good with doing multiple characters running at once.

_Beastmaster_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By _Beastmaster_

I'm thinking a new character. Basic idea, combine a mindset of a Roman Emperor mixed with a Religious Zealot, and make it a alien Monarch, with powers based off of space drugs (lol). O__O I'm weird.

Avaritia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Avaritia
@ZombieBigfoot: I like the idea. Gives me a "Breaking Bad"  sort of vibe for some reason LOL 

@Night_Rake: Very interesting. By mindset of a roman emperor, do you mean like power-hungry or greedy (or something else maybe)? And is this religion based around these drugs, or is it just something apart from the religion? Just curious :)
_Beastmaster_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By _Beastmaster_
@Avaritia: By Roman Emperor, he is very greedy indeed. I'm also thinking of him having a gladiatorial arena for "non-believers".
Let me explain my full idea- The drugs were originally meant solely for religious purposes, but through this false prophet's meddling he now uses it for his own personal pleasure. As for the Drug's affects---- 
 What he will look like off the Drug
 What he will look like off the Drug
What he will look like on the Drug
What he will look like on the Drug
Avaritia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Avaritia
@Night_Rake: Oh my! I hope those drugs go on the market so I can get some! XD 

Anyway it seems like a pretty cool idea, and a classic story of power-hungry corruption. I'm assuming he's coming to Earth to spread the religion (possibly by force)? Or is there another reason?
_Beastmaster_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By _Beastmaster_
@Avaritia: Nope. No one is getting hands on my stash. Not even Rumble Man.

Yessir. May have a RPG.
Avaritia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Avaritia
@Night_Rake: Darn, well if I can't have the neat drug then I guess the next best thing is to see it in action.  

Can't wait to see how it comes out! :)
_Tails_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By _Tails_

I'm making a Native Spirit character.

_Space_Man_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By _Space_Man_

God I'm addicted.

• A animate car possessed by the ghost of a hero supporter.
  • Cannibalistic, insane, mutant, circus twins.
  • Insanely random character at the edge of being used seriously.
  • A new Namor-styled character creating colonies on islands (Australia, New Zealand, Samoa, Madagascar, Hawaii, just to name some of the few possible) similar to the way Europeans created colonies.
  • A character that, in basic, combines Deathstroke and Doctor Doom.
  • Demon buster.
  • *DATA EXPUNGED*
Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#128  Edited By Constantine

Is it pedophilic to be in here?

_Space_Man_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By _Space_Man_
@Constantine: Not really. This is more for alts, not newbies.
Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Constantine

@_Space_Man_ said:

@Constantine: Not really. This is more for alts, not newbies.

But these ideas are all so young and fresh and in the early stages of their creation... I like it

_Space_Man_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By _Space_Man_
@Constantine: Oh, okay. Great :D
Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Constantine

@_Space_Man_: I like you... you can be my pet, tin man :D

_Space_Man_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By _Space_Man_
@Constantine: Tin? There is no tin in my suit O___o
Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Constantine

@_Space_Man_: Shut up now tinny and put on this leash :P

_Space_Man_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By _Space_Man_
@Constantine: Sir, you need to go back to the nursing home.
_Psy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#136  Edited By _Psy_
  • Alien being, most likely using Silver Surfer as a look, that's basis is alcohol, not carbon. I'll make this sh#t work somehow.
CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#137  Edited By CainPanell

@_Punk_ said:

• Alien being, most likely using Silver Surfer as a look, that's basis is alcohol, not carbon. I'll make this sh#t work somehow.

Soooo Basically Cain? Lol.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By _Zombie_

I think I'm about done making new characters.

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By CainPanell

@ZombieBigfoot said:

I think I'm about done making new characters.

Finally got over your Icarusflies syndrome?

_Space_Man_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By _Space_Man_
@shadowknight666: More like something Cain will try to kill so he can eat it once he finds out it's basis... or something...lol
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By _Zombie_

@shadowknight666: No, I realized that I have near 40 of them and 5-6 have gone anywhere.

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By CainPanell

@_Space_Man_: LMFAO

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Constantine

@_Space_Man_: But I need a haircut

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By laflux
Auralaria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have things. Somebody offer to look me over, I have stuff.

Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Kratesis
Auralaria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kratesis: Alright alright! Thanks :)

Name: Aidan Radke

Super Hero ID: Spinneret (Uh....it's a work in progress)

Secret

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 140 lbs

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Hazel

Hometown: Jamaica, Queens, New York

Blessed with the godly gifts of power like a spider, Aidan Radke is an aspiring crime fighter. On the alternate, he's a freelance photographer living with his grandparents in Jamaica, Queens.

Special Physicals

Spidery superhuman strength - Aidan doesn't work out, but his power makes up for that, boosting his strength to levels beyond what a human would normally be capable of. His lower limit is somewhere around 20 tons without much effort, depending on things like size and shape of the object, how he lifts, and other stuff that may or may not come into play ever. He can jump many feet in the air in a single bound, break bones, and shatter concrete. He's also got pretty tough lungs, though he doesn't go around blowing on bad guys, because it's kindof weird.

Speed, agility, reflexes - He can easily react to things like automatic gunfire, even at short distances, and his reflexes are further bolstered by the spider-sense. His speed, balance, and coordination would let him perform acrobatic feats to match and surpass that or a fully trained Olympic athlete having dedicated years to perfecting their art. (Sometime it's a small subject of guilt, not having to work for it)

Stamina - Due to increased muscle efficiency and bodily control, he can keep up exercise and strenuous physical activity for many hours at a time before requiring rest, and required rest periods are shorter than most. Fatigue toxins do not build as quickly, and with a bit of extra effort, he could further slow this to a near stop.

Durability - His skin and smallish frame wouldn't suggest it, but Aidan can take quite a bit of punishment and keep moving. At normal, he can easily take punches from peak level humans without being much worse for wear. If he happened to see a hit coming and were to brace himself for it, he could withstand multiple shots and trade blows with super strengthed beings, or cause some people to break bones in hitting him.

Heightened sensory function - That means the five normal senses. He's got a "beyond perfect" visual acuity and can see farther and much more accurately than normal people, and an attention to detail that borders on clairvoyance at times. Even small sounds like the dropping of a pin through soundproofed glass could be rendered detectable to his ears. He's done pretty well at discerning sounds and filtering, through a bit of practice. Though he doesn't typically go to smell, due to the fickle nature of scents and the desire to maintain dignity sometimes, he can tell what's in a recipe by smelling it, or by smelling a person's breath after having eaten it. He's also good at reading by touch and feeling things, like vibrations from movements on concrete, as a spider would an insect caught in a web.

Minor accelerated healing - Nothing too big. It does grant him a recoverability the likes of which normal people would never see, letting him recover from broken bones and wounds much more quickly, and aids in fighting off toxins, including the fatigue toxins his own body produces and some foreign threats.

Spider Powers

Most prominent of his power is organic webbing produced directly from his body. Typically they're light and quite durable, just like a spider's silk, and can be used for a variety of purposes. His webbing is pound for pound more durable than steel, and many times more light. The way they come out seems to be triggered by a function in his brain, controlling things like viscosity, adhesive property, how malleable, ductile, or stretchy it is, and sometimes the amount he can produce is controlled by things like mood and feelings. On a bad day, his ability to produce webbing might fail, but on a good day he could produce seemingly endless amounts, though he would need to stay nourished, fed and hydrated to support such a high demand. To avoid his product sticking all over the place, some varieties are made to dissipate after short amounts of time.

Spider-Sensicals - A kind of precognitive sensing ability that warns him when danger is nearby or approaching, and raising reaction time so he can often accordingly avoid incoming dangers. The nature of what kinds of things exactly set it off has not been learned, but it's pretty handy in a pinch, and he's quickly learning it's not really something to be taken lightly.

A minor control over electrostatic forces between his own body and things immediately touching enables sticking to practically any surface, instead of mutual repulsion in adjacent electrons, a mutual attraction allowing for the stick.

Venom - Aidan can make different kinds of venom inside his body for use, like spiders of all kinds. Not limited to a single type, he can "manufacture" different kinds, differing in such things as dosage and potency. They could be made to mimick the venom of a certain type of spider, or be a completely new blend he made up himself. Sometimes a "sting" could cause as little as a small discomfort. Other times, venom could be tailor-made to take down certain superhuman varieties, even those with accelerated healing (if only he proper practiced and knew). Important to note, he produces venom, and it id injected into the target. He could secret venom through fingertips (aww, stupid gloves!), teeth (Mask!), or, as is his preferred method, a pair of "stingers" that emerge from the centres of the backs of his hands. It hurts, when they come out, and though he heals, there's usually marks left on the backs of his hands a while after he uses them and retracts. Mimicking different kinds of venom from various spiders, he could synthesize his own anti-venoms for these, or for the venom of his own "recipes."

"Arachnopathy" - A word he likes to think he invented, or at least will popularize, maybe. Aidan can "commune" with spiders, and though they are often solitary creatures, he can command them as he pleases. He could also use them to sense remotely, as things like eyes, ears, and the others, though most spiders are blind and therefore useless for the eye bit.

Skills/knowledge

Sewing/knitting - You just thought "pansy," didn't you!? Well shut up! It's handy.

Unpracticed combat skill - He's got a freeform combat style that's actually pretty effective, maybe, sometimes. It works on bad guys so fa, okay, and all that without any practice!

Marksmanship - Hand-eye coordination is great, and balance plus awesome eyesight equals good shots.

Techie - He's a somewhat gadget user and a techie guy, knowledgeable in hacking, building, and knowing computer languages.

Chemistry - Gotta be, dealing with all those toxins and stuff.

Camerawork - Technically a tech thing, but specialized enough for character purposes to warrant its own section. Trying to be a model? He's your guy. Got a newsworthy story and need pictures, or a video? Look no further. Senior prom coming up? No problem, beauty queen. Just keep your boyfriend on a leash and Aidan Radke's sure to get your good side all night long!

Technology/stuff

The suit - hand-sewn himself - made with his own spidery silk organic webbing and some dye. As mentioned before, it's pound for pound more durable than steel, and virtually weightless (See? And you still thought he was a pansy. Probably still do). It's good at being bulletproof, and pretty stab-proof too, except when you get the tips of the blade in between the - never mind. And because it comes from the webbing, hasty, somewhat effective repairs can be made in the midst of a tight spot scenario. The eyes are different, though. The lenses function like two-way mirrors, where he can see the outside world through them, but no one can see in through to him (because there's technology that can pretty much discern you with stuff like that, and people too). They provide special sights and block out overexposure from looking at the sun, glares, and keep stuff from getting in the eyes.

That's what I got at this point. I'll probably throw in a camera and maybe stuff sometime later.

_Lucifer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just redesigned my Lucifer alt

Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@auralaria: Anytime!

That is a good solid bio. I especially enjoyed the part about his sewing skills ;-) It makes a lot of sense as well. If you've got a secret identity you pretty much have to do all your costuming yourself!

Auralaria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kratesis: Legit!

I thought it would. I like the natural, organic webbing from the movie, and thought that made sense.

But dye and stuff costs money, so job-holding is a necessity.

Is there a currency system around here?