Nest 629 [CVnU Location]

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Ivana dropped the last kettle bell. It landed on the dirt floor with a muted thump. Her chest heaved for air as she stared into the mirror. An angry woman stared back at her; short cropped hair framed a hard eyed face, gristle and grit formed muscles over which a skin, patch-worked with scars, was stretched. She seemed to herself a machine; a machine of muscle and blood crudely molded in the shape of a woman. The brutal practicality of a engine, gears and pistons transformed into flesh. Second best, lacking both feminine beauty or the power of a machine. A snarl cracked through her eyes. She picked up the kettle bell again.

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@strigidae_23:

"Don't strain yourself now Luv.." Spiller grinned, Ivana's reflection now becoming an astral projection of the pink haired mutant.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Haha. Spiller xP

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(tempted to enter this and learn chi based super powers >_>)

Bogeyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

Haha. Spiller xP

For a moment, I thought you wrote Filler haha.

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: It's from the borrowers! >_< One of my favorite books of all time!!!

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#261  Edited By Legacy_

Past Tense

"What you don't like the name?" He looked awfully perplexed by the lack of joyfulness exuding from his fellow students. Hadn't they ever wanted a super awesome pet like the one he so tightly withheld? Quickly disregarding their apathetic response, the rambunctious prodigy set his new pet free, knowing if it loved him it'd surely return. "Come on you guys!" Prince Addams of New York's elite smiled as greatly as he could, shaking his fists as to the skies above.

"Why are you so serious?" He pouted, very much upset by his inability to make some friends. Why were they acting so mean? Didn't they appreciate his humor and unwavering optimism? Maybe it was his clothes, yes his clothes, that's what Noah thought to himself. Noah looked at his loosely fitting clothing, embarrassed by their inability to portray intimidation. "Don't worry guys, I too can be serious." He stood upright, happiness thrown aside, and his unique eyes locked onto his somber counterparts. Noah looked to them, squinting his eyes, arching an eyebrow, doing whatever he could to fit in. However, his efforts were to no avail. His fellow students didn't care for the odd man out. And so they left him by his lonesome, doing whatever it is boring kids do.

"Oh well. I'll see you guys later!" Noah hollered out, knowing they'd never talk to him even if he dressed the same. Although he was deeply disheartened by this blatant dismissal, the playful prodigy marched out the meditation center as if he were a commanding general.

"Is everything okay?" A striking voice caught him off guard, cuing the prodigy to erect his fluid telekinetic defenses. "Who goes there?" Noah asked, acting as unafraid as a nine year old boy possibly could. "I'm a mutant who knows how to fight." The prince uttered, using his serious tone, though his appearance spoke differently.

"Don't you worry child." Her voice eased his nerves. Her approach was as peaceful as the morning sky. And upon seeing this lovely lady the prince jumped upward, his instinctive telekinesis pushing him higher then the average pupil. "Ivana!" He swirled around, excited to see his number one crush. "I'm fine now." He winked a playful wink, giddily forgetting his past interaction in return for this beautiful woman whom stood before him.

"Just working on my biceps." Noah flexed his small muscles, believing that's how women were won over. All the while his prideful smile concealed the broken soul beneath. "What're you--"

Present Tense

"--doing?" Unbeknownst to the Chancellor and his fellow councilmen, the latest Supreme had been dedicating his time into finding one specific strigidae. After an assault by the robotic menace personally dubbed @therumor, Chancellor Addams thought it'd be best to ask questions to the only court member he trusted, outside of Amaranth. "I hope you're here." He blots his forehead, nervous as to how this decade long separation would affect their relationship. Unaware of the current situation revolving around the Court of Arcani, the yellow eyed politician finds himself standing before an infrastructure once considered mythical during his days as a bright eyed trainee. "The nest." He swallows fear in hopes of avoiding death's glare, walking nimbly toward the ominous locale. Quietly entering the courtyard, the neglected prodigy stops in his tracts, puzzled to see blood protruding from his knee.

@strigidae_23: (I hope this fine :)

@pyrogram: (Baby Noah feels!)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By Pyrogram
Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#263  Edited By Legacy_
Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@closure: [ Looks good :-) I'll get a response to that tomorrow. ]

Spectrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eagle_of_the_east: The past week spent amongst the Strigidae, a named he discovered after many sparring matches against the elite league of combatants, had left the hero battered and bruised. Multiple injuries to his left hip had instilled a temporary limp in his prideful walk, nonetheless this did not hamper his willpower by any means, as he ran his fifteenth consecutive lap around the exterior grounds.

Many times his colleagues looked upon him as if he was peculiar when running. While he was forced to do aerobic exercise to keep his body up to par, the Strigidae practiced techniques and forms of meditation that propelled their physical form to its peak. At times, during the previously mentioned sparring sessions Jason would become overwhelmed by the myriad of abilities the higher ranked strigidae possessed. After speaking with a few of the more open fighters he was able to learn of the names and purposes of these practices. It was only a matter of time before Asteria appeared witihin the nest, and Jason was eager to further his knowledge; possibly even undergoing tutelage in said techniques if the goddess would permit.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@closure: [ Sorry about the delay. ]

Amaranth and Ivana both stood in the dojo, speaking in low tones. So engrossed in their conversation that for several moments they did not see Closure. At last Amaranth noticed him and lifted a hand in greeting. "Noah. You are looking well. What brings you to the nest?" He said, as Ivana slipped something into her utility belt.

Avatar image for eagle_of_the_east
Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spectrion:

Some time passed but eventually Asteria's travels brought her back to the nest. Arriving by foot she climbed the slick stone stairs up to the gates and threw them open. Her metallic companion Victor, the Beast of Brass, followed behind her, titanic energy shivering inside his ruby eyes. Asteria arched a perfect eyebrow at the sight of Spectrion. "Returned already?"

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amaranth_strix: You know Asteria, what is her ranking within the Arcani? Really high up?

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By Amaranth

@myrmidon_: [ Yeah. She's an immortal with her own faction, composed of some of the most powerful mutants alive. Basically she leads the 'powerhouse' faction. ]

Harvest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By Harvest
No Caption Provided

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harvest: [ Its scarier if you don't attack in your underwear. ]

Harvest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amaranth_strix: [Who said I was trying to be scary. If you feel fear towards me, I assure you it's all your fault. HAHAHA!]

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amaranth_strix: By the way >.> Amaranth has the Xanthium hammer right? I forgot it xP

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amaranth_strix: ( You should give it to...Lady Liberty or something, and the use the She-Thor thing you had a while back :P )

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@myrmidon_: [ I was actually thinking about that. ]

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amaranth_strix: ( Hah?! You really should do it, that would be so damn awesome )

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@myrmidon_: [ That would be pretty kick ass ;-) ]

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amaranth_strix: ( I got a query btw....can Metal Bending even effect Zanthium/Xathium? I'm not sure it could, does it have any "Earth" inside? Or is it purely synthetic without any nature inside?)

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@myrmidon_: [ Zythium comes in several forms. The most common is 'living zythium' which is a living metal much like Colossus. There is no earth inside it because it isn't a naturally occurring metal; its never been inside the ground. I think Metal Bending could still work if it was actual metal bending, instead of earth bending impurities inside the metal like the show. However it would still be less effective due to the energy absorbing properties of zythium. Inert Zythium cannot be bent because it rejects all external influence. Some of the other types of Zythium are crystalline, but those are kinda rare. ]

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By Myrmidon_

@amaranth_strix: Understood, makes sense, and those crystalline things are partly what the glove are made up of aint it? Why I could never bend it that time?

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@myrmidon_: [ Yeppers, the crystalline zythium is used to transform and focus energy, instead of absorb it like living zythium. ]

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amaranth_strix: A hooded figure climbed to the top of the mountain, pulling up his pack strung up with a rope to sling over his shoulder. "Amy always did have a thing for mountains...And theatrics.." The scratchy voice of the figure chuckled at his own comment, taking his walking stick and trudging through some snow until he arrived at the entrance of the nest, knowing his presence would be aware of instantly. "I request the presence of Amaranth..." The figure called out while removing his hood, showing a man with horrific scars all over his head and body. This man was Creed, but without his mask, he was a man with no name.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_creed_:

The Orochi clan guards carried his request up the chain of command and some time later Amaranth pulled the solid oak gates open. Resting his hands on his golden utility belt he gazed into Creed's scared visage."Creed. I was just reminiscing on our first encounter in Madripoor. What brings you to my humble abode?"

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amaranth_strix: "Long story short? I need to sharpen my blade skillz.." He grinned while pointing to his blades strapped to his back, and while his words were as usual, comedic, his tone was much more subtle then usual. "I came without my mask on to show you i'm serious about getting this done..This isn't going to be another funny show for the readers, it's going to be for me.." His face did have a determined look to match his words.

Excella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*slowly claps*

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_creed_:

The massive gunslinger considered, and then turned, waving Creed after him. "Alright, I'll see what I can teach you Creed."His lengthy stride carries him through the cobblestone courtyard and into the largest building in the small compound; the dojo. There he walks over to a collection of hand carved wooden weapons hanging upon the wall. "The first question is the weapon itself. Many wield the katana, but often they do so out of custom, or because they believe it is the 'best sword'. If you wish to stick with the katana I understand, but I would like to find the weapon that suits your style the best."

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amaranth_strix: "I was trained with katanas back at the Meta-affairs academy..I know I don't show it but I do know how to use one in it's proper style.." Creed dropped his bag by the dojo edge and removed most of his clothes, only wearing loose fitted red pants., most of his scarred body revealed. Only taking one of his blades, he properly strapped it to his waist instead of back and looked over to Amaranth.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By Amaranth

@_creed_:

Considering this, the ancient veteran removed his armor as well, laying it to the side. Dressed only in a brown robe that fell from his waist to the floor he stretched, loosening up his broad shoulders and thick biceps."If you do wish to use the katana I recommend using only one, and wielding it in the traditional kenjutsu grip. Duel blades are popular, but because the katana lacks a proper pommel or guard it is too forward weighted to truly work in one hand." He points to a pair of elegantly carved wooden cutlasses on the wall. "That is the type of sword that is suited for duel wielding; short blades, protective guards, heavy pommels."Setting his own adamantium blade aside he takes a wooden longsword of roughly equal proportion from the wall."Go ahead and select whatever type of weapon you want to focus in. We shall use wooden blade to begin with."

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By _Creed_

@amaranth_strix: Creed did need to focus in his single blade, knowing his bizzare dual wielding only works with lesser foes. Walking over, he picked up a wooden katana and returned in front of Amaranth, gripping the handle with both hands in front of him and taking stance. "Ready when you are, graybeard.." The comedian gave a slight smirk to go with his slightly comedic comment.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294  Edited By Amaranth

@_creed_:

Amaranth chuckled, his deep voice filling the empty dojo. "I shall begin at the beginning. There are three distances. Two; when you must take one or more step to reach your foe with your blade. One; when you can reach your foe simply by swinging, and zero, where your bodies are in contact. Cutting stances are only for the second distance. When you are in the first distance you must maintain point threat at all times. When you lose point threat, that is when you lose the initiative and often your life."

Lifting his blade he takes up the Ochs guard; where the blade is held horizontally to the ground, the tip pointing at Creed's eyes. "Here I have point threat. Before you do anything you must deal with the fact that I can stab you in the face or chest at any moment. This is the fundamental, the foundation that all else is built upon. All maneuvers all styles, all techniques, all footwork all, theory, everything, is devoted to negating your foes point threat and establishing your own."

He lays out the basics with care. In the opinion of the venerable crusader it was not a mastery of fancy techniques, but rather a deep and rich understanding of the fundamentals that made a warrior effective.

"Thus we come to the opening; like chess it is critical. You begin in a cutting guard, a guard where your blade is held in a position to cut from, usually with the point aiming at the sky or ground to increase force. Your very first cut must be made with a mind to transition to point threat should your foe parry. If you fail to do this you may be cut down in the first pass as your foe will block your strike with a guard that provides point threat, and you will have no point threat of your own; even should you defend against their thrust, they will have taken the initiative."

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amaranth_strix: "Gotcha..." Creed gave a nod, adjusting his stance a bit after being instructed bit by bit. This was easily the most serious Creed has ever been since his incident, but even then, inside his head? BLAH BLAH BLAAAAAH KJEHFDLVH!!!!HEY!HEY! THIS IS LIKE THAT OKAY TOM CRUISE MOVIE! YOU KNOW! MISSION LAST SAMURAI!...OR SOMETHING! "Alright, cutting guard, check.." He looked over his own stance once more before nodding.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_creed_:

Unaware of the chaos inside Creed's head Amaranth continues, attempting to provide Creed with a strong foundation. "Often after your first cut you will find yourself blade to blade with your foe. This is called the 'bind'. It is the armed equivalent of a grapple. Here there are two principles; strong and weak. The bottom half of the blade is the 'strong' it is where you have the most leverage. The top half is the 'weak', you have almost no leverage but because the motion of the hands is amplified by the length of the blade you are the quickest and most maneuverable in the weak. Use the strong of your blade to muscle your foes tip aside, negating his point threat, and the weak of your blade to flicker around his guard, threatening him. By the use of these two tools you may work your way past your foes defense. Though be warned, unlike unarmed grappling this happens very quickly; frequently a dozen techniques are attempted within three or four seconds and then the fight ends, one way or another."

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is seriously hilarious. Inside of his head xD

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amaranth_strix: "Hmm..Seems pretty final.." Creed reviewed the tips he had just learned, looking back up to Amaranth. "You want to go a round? See if I can stick this properly?"

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_creed_:

"Certainly." Amaranth stepped back and dropped into a guard with his blade resting on his shoulder. "Attack whenever ready."

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_creed_:

"If you do wish to use the katana I recommend using only one, and wielding it in the traditional kenjutsu grip. Duel blades are popular, but because the katana lacks a proper pommel or guard it is too forward weighted to truly work in one hand."

[Tell that to me.]