Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CVU_Atlantis

No Caption Provided

History

4000 bc to 1000 bc

No Caption Provided

Before Christ there were many ancient gods worshipped by ancient humans but while many pantheons were just being formed the Greek religion protected them by water and by air. Poseidon in previous years had protected the sea alone against those that would try to destroy the ancient world we know but steadily he became tired of his one-man defense of the ancients. He needed help against these threats to delay them so that he could act. For this great honor there were only the mortals who could help and so he created the island that would someday house the great city of Atlantis. The Greeks proved to be a great choice in his endeavor to protect the ancient world and chose his son Atlan who was without equal among Poseidon’s sons at the time. Thus the Greeks and Atlan came and Poseidon before his departure gave his son the Trident. The next several thousand years would see Atlantis develop technology more advanced than the rest of the Bronze Age cultures and fight against and win against monsters and the Old Ones amongst other enemies. Trapping or defeating them all with the great House of Atlan praised throughout the known world.

1000 bc to 365 bc

Several hundred years before the total defeat of the enemies of Atlantis the Atlanteans started playing small roles in the events of the Trojan war and the destruction of Minoan civilization along with an occasional invasion of Egypt. Although they did not act as the aggressor in these events it would foreshadow what was to come. With the defeat of their enemies Atlantis soon lost its purpose and so several of the lesser houses of Atlantis began multiple conquests throughout Europe enslaving the inhabitants and building monuments to their greatness. Throughout Europe and portions of North Africa Atlantis ruled and would push back against any attempt to resist or stop them. The most notable was the defeat of the Athenian fleet attempting to liberate Sicily but their rule couldn't last forever and the turning point was the sinking of one city in Greece. Helike was a city-state who worshipped Poseidon but when the Atlanteans came asking for them to join in their eventual invasion of Greece they were denied. Helike instead joined with their fellow Greeks and in retribution, the Atlantean King sank the city with the very power Poseidon gave them so long ago. Thus Poseidon turned against them and provided the help the Greek coalition needed to sink Atlantis and curse them for their betrayal. Thus Atlantis sank beneath the ocean and the ancient world freed itself and destroyed any remnants of the once great empire erasing it from history with the only mention left being in Plato’s “ The Republic.”

Government and Military

No Caption Provided

The government of Atlantis is ruled over by the king and the royal family and are the most respected institution in Atlantis. The royal family of Atlantis is assisted in their duties by a team of advisors representing the most important aspects of society a leading scientist, a wealthy merchant, a high-ranking general, a talented mage and the propaganda chief. All of these advisors are well known throughout society as some of the best in their fields and as for the propaganda chief being in control of the media.

No Caption Provided

The military of Atlantis is highly trained and always ready for war or defense against attack from the surface. The military accepts people from almost all aspects of Atlantean society except slaves. Upon signing up for the military genetic tests are run to determine if the citizen is fit for service regardless if they are full blooded or half blood Atlanteans and with these tests making sure that no unforeseen illness will weaken them. The military trains their conscripts in the use of their natural abilities from living at deeper depths of the ocean and in the basic use of water manipulation with higher ranks and nobility sometimes being able to control the temperatures of water itself. The Atlantean war machine doesn't have many high-tech battleships lacking the resources to mass produce them. Instead, they rely on giant water monsters such as sea serpents and Krakens to push their advance having long since trained them to assist the military in battle.

People and Magic

The population of Atlantis lives in two cities the old city known as Poseidonius and in the new city New Atlantis together holding about 20 to 25 million people including slaves. To the people of Atlantis magic is apart of their everyday life being used to help power electronics and weapons with the help of a resource, Atlantis has plenty of known as Orichalcum. With their power over water, they are able to also use hydroelectricity to power cities at large and what war machines they do have. The official religion of Atlantis is the Cult of Poseidon and supported by the government but the worship of other Greek gods is allowed.

The education of Atlantis's children is considered to be of paramount concern to its people wishing to always stay one step ahead of the surface world has long since developed a public and private school system teaching them four main subjects philosophy, arithmetic, gymnastics, and history. Upon reaching adulthood they have long since learned where their abilities lay and choose their profession with many joining the military, join expeditions to the ruins of old Atlantean cities abandoned since the Drowning or any other sort of job becoming a part of Atlantean society. Slaves are allowed to have an education but are mostly taught essentials in arithmetic and Greek but that doesn't mean the slave's don't teach each other about the surface or surface languages.

The use of magic throughout Atlantis is commonplace although not all citizens actively use it instead Orichalcum is used because the metal is easily enchanted and works well with some defensive, illusion and as a power source when enchanted using electricity. But Atlantean magic is used by evoking an entity or making a sort of personal sacrifice which is why magic used for teleportation or travel is banned because of the fear of bringing something back. Blue-skinned Atlanteans are thought to have broken this rule and thus persecuted by citizens thinking they broke the law when in reality it's the ancient nature of the magic that may force a change in their biology.

The Science and Technology of Atlantis

No Caption Provided

The technology and science of Atlantis while being more advanced in most areas than most of the surface is only ahead by several decades. Medicine is one of the areas where Atlantis holds a clear advantage over the surface with their study into the Atlantean biology and genetics leading to technology that can remove anything that would be considered a defect from their bodies at birth. Believing in the perfection of their people they do not alter themselves further past that biology but could augment or change themselves further if they wished. Atlantean weapons technology is also years ahead of the surface having laser-based weapons which are powered by Orichalcum as a battery. Atlantis also never developed a use for oil as a power source instead Atlantis uses orichalcum to power various electronics and weapons while hydroelectric power is used to power the war machines and city at large.

Although Atlantean technology is in many ways more advanced and waterproof than that on the surface there are areas where the science and technology doesn't quite match that of the surface. Astronomy, rocketry, and robotics we’re never pushed or developed under the sea. Astronomy and rocketry requiring a clear view of the night sky and certain resources to develop and use. But also the fear that sending technology and people to surface or space would lead the humans to Atlantis. Robotics was another technology not particularly developed in Atlantis because of the use of slaves and effectively waterproofing robots would cost too many resources. While still being researched and developed it is not nearly as advanced as it is on the surface.

The New and Old City

There are two cities in the nation of Atlantis: New Atlantis the domed underwater capital and seat of government and the city of Poseidonis the Drowned City and the cradle of Atlantis.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

New Atlantis is the new city built on top of the old ruins of Atlantis after the island was sunk. For over two thousand years the old ruins of Atlantis stood empty and underwater until the plans were made to create a new city on top of the desolate ruins and building began until it was finished in the year of 1730 on the anniversary of the day Atlantis sank beneath the waves. On the day when construction was completed a magic dome was placed over the city removing the water from the city giving the Atlanteans the ability to walk on solid ground for the first time in 2000 years and quickly the city became the new capital soon after the palace finished construction.

No Caption Provided

The city of New Atlantis and the outlying areas holds 13 million people and of that amount, 2 million are slaves of the honored and house variety. New Atlantis doesn’t have many historical landmarks or temples with the city being focused towards advancement and government. While statues of Poseidon are placed throughout the city for worship and as monuments to their protector, most of the city is connected to state-sponsored radio or media bombarding the public with news and information on humans. Monuments or buildings dedicated to history exist such as the Hall of Kings used to tell Atlanteans the history and accomplishments of their former rulers. Another monument in Atlantis is the Dome now built and powered by a combination of technology and magic along with various sites dedicated to those who built the new city.

No Caption Provided

Poseidonis is known as the Drowned city and the Cradle of Atlantis. After the sinking of the island into the Atlantic Ocean and the change of the Atlantean people, Poseidonis was the only city left standing with portions of the city falling into a trench while the remaining city and nearby temples stayed on the seabed. Much happened after the sinking of the city. The Exile, the Purge of the Old House of Atlan and Resurrection of Poseidonis among other events with monuments and temples of Poseidon representing events or worshipping their God Poseidon among other Greek gods as well. Through these harsh times, the remnants of Atlantis survived developing and proving their adaptability to their new environment but also developing an immense hatred of the surface and the humans they blame for their hardships.

No Caption Provided

The city of Poseidonis and the surrounding area including the Trench holds 12 million people along with 3 million slaves used for mining or as a house slave. There are many monuments dedicated to the history of Atlantis throughout the city including the Grand Temple of Poseidon surviving the Drowning mostly intact. Among others are monuments dedicated to the hardships and the successes of the Atlanteans and remnants of old buildings once used as a residence by the Royals before the move to the new capital and statues of old kings detailing their accomplishments just like in the capital. Inside of the Trench is a military base and with some nearby caves for mining orichalcum among other resources.

No Caption Provided

Rules

• All of those wonderful CVU rules apply.
  • Please do not cause massive amounts of destruction without asking me first on this account or @orange_water: by pm or on discord.
  • The exact location of Atlantis is unknown to the surface world and largely hidden from them. But it can be found if someone is truly desperate to find it with information on its very existence tightly guarded with sentient sea creatures knowing not to mention it unless they want to invite reprisals from Atlantis.
  • At the moment the location is very hard to reach by the surface dwellers and is a mostly closed location pending the results of the RPs I'm planning.
  • Here is the concept for Atlantis and other races please ask if you want to join in on the concept and just tell me what your thinking.
  • I almost forgot to thank those who are in my Atlantis PM for supporting and giving me advice. Illirica, Icefire Outlaw, Logic even if he's still on hiatus, Beachmade and even though he just got into that PM Mth.
ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome stuff. ^_^

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nicely done.

_Gaige_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By _Gaige_

What those two said ^

Lot of work clearly went into this

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
deactivated-5a4aaebccd120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the mythological leaning of your version. Gives them roots with the surface.

How did you do your spoilers like that btw with the pics unspoiled but the text hidden?

And is that Ocean Master in a Scarab suit?

CVU_Atlantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_gaige_: @supra-man: @paragonxxx: thanks and I hope to get things rolling soon enough.

@_animus_:Truthfully it was the only version with the throne and him sitting on it that I could find lol so I went with it.

Joshua_Kingsly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Screaming*

I still have a yacuruna...

One who I know I probably won't get attached to. I may have to start doing stuff again.

Elementum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Pauses and notices *

• I almost forgot to thank those who are in my Atlantis PM for supporting and giving me advice. Illirica, Icefire Outlaw, Logic even if he's still on hiatus, Beachmade and even though he just got into that PM Mth.
No Caption Provided

I don't know why but for some reason I always get the biggest enjoyment out of being mentioned for something like this lol.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

Sweet stuff. I'll find a reason to write with Atlantis somehow.

Methodius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good Jorb Orange Man

Musa_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I especially dig is the fact that you created an actual Atlantis account. Gives the locale its own identity.

CVU_Atlantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

: @methodius: @pyrogram: I know I already said thanks on Discord but wanted to say it again. Also Pyro I hope so time keeper is probably one of the few who can find Atlantis with no problem with or without time travel.

@musa_bashir: thanks this alt will be used for the location and as a umbrella account to tell the stories of people in Atlantis.

CVU_Atlantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My name is Orin Rath... I am the King of Atlantis, Chosen by the Trident, Heir to the Power of Poseidon and the Fifth king of the Fourth dynasty of House Rath. A damn mouthful thank Poseidon no one was here to announce my presence in my private quarters when I'm trying to find my wife Tila I check our bedroom even if it's more like her room now, I check the computer library containing Atlantis's best fiction and nonfiction writing but she's not here either, I check the balcony overlooking my city always a beautiful sight before finishing the search in a large and gold plated living room finding that she was not that there either taking a deep breath I walk outside the door and look at the guard outside and ask him," Have you seen my wife the Queen?"

The guard turns towards me giving a slight bow and lifting his head back up before speaking," No I haven't King Rath but I think the last guy on duty did. He said she went to the garden."

I nodded a moment before sighing briefly," Thank you, guardsmen, can you send someone to the garden for her then. Make sure the guard tells her that we will have a dinner with the Merman ambassador later and that if she returns in the hour we have to listen to the citizen's requests today." At least listening to the citizens was better than listening to that fool we call an ambassador the merpeople sent. " I'm going for a brief walk before I return for the Petitions."

"Ah, very well King Rath. I will tell Queen Dorian if I see her. But where are you going, sire?" He was right to ask if she returned before I did she might want to find me.

"I'm going to the Hall of Kings." I gave a nod leaving the guard at his post and continue his watch. While I walked through the Palace and into a sub-level where the statues were carved into the wall if they were new or if they were old into the stone while not the most beautiful place to behold it was more of a place of quiet contemplation and respect for the old dead kings. These statues would be commissioned upon the day the king acceded to the throne depicting them when they were still young with plaques or carved letters detailing their deeds while they were the king of Atlantis. The first statue I stopped in front of was the king before me. My father Orm Rath who was king for fifteen years before he abdicated and took the Trident of Poseidon to fight against a very old and powerful Graveyard Golem when it threatened to rampage through Poseidonis and destroy the city. Luckily in the titanic battle that followed the titan was destroyed at the cost of his own life with what remained of his body brought back with the Trident and his children being tested. The day I became King was the happiest and the saddest day of my life." Thank you, father, I wish you were still here to help us after these last several years."

I would continue through the Hall stopping in front of various Kings of the last two houses before I reached the end and came across the last king of House Atlan before it was purged after the Exile. The thing is he was actually quite a good king ruling what was left of his people well but fiercely fought back against the mermaid influence and the returning exiles who now knew how to live thanks to that help. He planned to raise Poseidonis back up to the surface world with magic the first attempt failing miserably but didn't destroy the city but when he attempted to try again the Exiles and the Mermaids managed to stop him before he began the spell and destroy us all." No one's gonna be worse than you."

Suddenly an Atlantean soldier began his approach giving a slight bow before speaking," King Rath the report from the Whirlpool is in."

I gave a nod before turning towards the soldier good," Good how is the weekly observation?"

The soldier paused for a moment and considered his giving me cause for concern when he spoke," Sir those reports you have received these last several months were falsified... They just now sent out the first observation and testing team in months. Sire the report says there has been multiple entries and exits since the last check."

No Caption Provided

I stared at the soldier for a moment before my mood changed to white-hot fury," I'm sorry say that again?!!?!??! DID YOU JUST TELL ME THAT CREATURES, MONSTERS AND POSSIBLY HUMANS FROM THE OTHER SIDE HAVE COME THROUGH ONTO OUR SIDE FOR WHO KNOWS HOW LONG!?!?!?!?! I WANT THE COMMANDER AT THE SECURITY POST TAKEN INTO CUSTODY IMMEDIATELY AND THE DAYS EVENTS CANCELLED WHILE I PERSONALLY CHECK IN ON MY COMMANDERS TO MAKE SURE THEY'RE DOING THEIR FLUFFING JOBS." The soldier just stood there for a moment unsure of what to do and so I gave him his order," WHAT IN HADES ARE YOU WAITING FOR TELL EVERYONE MY ORDER." Soon after he ran off in fear of his King to give the various orders and after a couple of minutes I stormed out going to the throne room and grabbing the Trident power coursing through my body and to check on my commanders within the city.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@cvu_atlantis:

Fifth King of the 4th Dynasty of the House Rath.

No Caption Provided

You would assume that the prime descended of a prestigious royal house of Atlantis would know how to treat his wife, but all he ever did was meetings upon meetings, and the only time he came looking for her was for ... more meetings. It pissed her off, of course. There was a time when he was infinitely more romantic, where they used to be perched on rocks along the shores of man's worlds, and where they used to make out under the gaze of nothing but the stars and the moon to watch over them. Tila missed those days. She wanted to be loved more than anything else. A crown, that was never what Tila wanted. She remembered, remembered the days when she was just a guard at the Royal Palace. Who would have guessed that years later, the young prince of the House of Rath would be able to take the throne for himself and her as his woman. It was like a dream, she knew that her life was going to change from that moment onward.

Her life did change. Just, the change was not what she wanted, or even expected. Orin grew so distant with his responsibilities. It was not this worse at first, oh no. He was a lot better in the beginning. But as time progressed, he began to be burdened by the aggravations of surface dwellers and the constant damages being suffered by her people. The wake of such matters left Orin far too occupied with running his nation and far too tired otherwise to even talk to Tila normally. They did talk yes, over during meals and in meetings, but then she was always treated as a queen more, less a woman who was still a youth, with not a strand of white on her head. She was still counted among the most beautiful woman in Atlantis, and that wasn't going to change for a long time. Tila just wished Orin would take a vacation and they could retreat to a secluded corner of the ocean, and not be bothered by anything or anyone. Tila knew this was a hopeless dream though.

Deadlines. There were deadlines Orin was trying to meet. Deadlines such as the planned attack on surface world. Tila didn't think it was stupid, no, but mos of the time she let her personal feelings lead her through those meetings. By nature, Tila was not a weak willed woman as much as she made out to be during those meetings. She was strong with enough willpower to wage wars. If Orin wanted, she was more than willing to jump into any war. On this day, Tila walked through the garden made of corals of various colors and shapes and sizes, with small fish trekking through them like a maze. This helped her thing and often times eased her usually sour moods. Recently, whenever she saw her husband was because he wanted her to attend some stupid meeting.

A guard came walking up to her, relaying the message her husband had for her.

I nodded a moment before sighing briefly," Thank you, guardsmen, can you send someone to the garden for her then. Make sure the guard tells her that we will have a dinner with the Merman ambassador later and that if she returns in the hour we have to listen to the citizen's requests today." At least listening to the citizens was better than listening to that fool we call an ambassador the merpeople sent. " I'm going for a brief walk before I return for the Petitions."

Great. More meetings. Tila sighed. Tila by now had become more than certain that she was nothing more than just a placeholder for Orin. "You may leave," She said waving away the guard. This needs to stop. Today...today...I will confront of him! She thought, heading back towards the Castle. The garden fell some 500 meters from the Castle itself, it was a comfortable swim through the mostly cold waters, more than 5000 feet underwater. The pressures of this depth was negligible to any Atlantean as they had extremely durable bodies designed to withstand pressures of such crushing depths.

It was easy to locate Orin. His anger was palpable and oozing out of him as he stood in the Throne room. Rarely had she seen him this angry though, and Tila was careful in approaching him. When he held onto Poseidon's Trident, that represented his authority as Poseidon himself, more than a King, and more than her husband. She swam through the air and touched down in front of him. "Orin...what's wrong?" Tila asked as a look of concern spread across her face.

Elementum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

(OPEN)

Sebastian looked at the water below him, he wasn't the most used to sea water, although probably more so then many other Yacuruna.

He'd taken time off from Tucuxi industries because he'd been reminded about tales he heard as a child from one of the mermaids in the Mirror Realm. Atlantis, he'd known it was real thanks to how many mermaids went back and forth after they'd been turned. Most didn't stay forever since the waters were so different, at least that's what they usually said. But he got the basic idea of the place.

He had kept using his human form and intended on doing so as he went down into Atlantis, as far as he was aware Yacuruna didn't go to Atlantis often if at all, so seeing a giant hairy man might not exactly be the most inviting individual. Fortunately however appearing human didn't mean he couldn't breath the water, although had he been a fish he couldn't breath air.

Sebastian leapt into the water swimming down quickly and asking a shark he saw nearby to tell him if his boat started floating away. He dived deeper and deeper until he finally started asking for more precise direction from some of the sea life.

As he finally found New Atlantis, he laid his feet on the ground before walking closer where more people should be located. Waiting to see if his arrival had been noticed, whether by military or simply Atlantans or mermaids.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elementum:

Set at a later date than my interaction with OW, since he is taking his time responding

No Caption Provided

Tila disliked being confined to the walls of her palace. That was so unlike her. Instead, she spent most of her time either roaming the ocean, or the market place of downtown Atlantis, a place that saw all sorts of exotic delicacies and rare items brought over from across the ocean, and a place where if one paid extra special attention you could also always spot human garbage.

Today was no different than most of her days. She'd casually strolled through the streets, heads bowing down to her presence as she did. She simply waved in passing, taking a closer look at what looked like woman's attire. She looked up at the merman behind the stall and pointed her fingers down at the piece of clothing in an inquisitive manner. He understood.

"Your highness, Sealskin brassiere, to keep you warm during winters," The merman spoke.

Winter? She wandered. It was always cold in Atlantis, not that it ever bothered anyone living down below. Such things as seasons were for surface dwellers, so, this attire was for those of her people that lived upstairs, either by choice or being forced into it, huh. But it was a stupid idea anyway. "Just brassiere?" She inquired, raising a brow. "Just that flimsy piece of clothing in the human world would be inadequate. Are you trying to cheat?"

The merman was speechless. Stupid beach where does it say in the rule book that I have to sell the full attire?! The merman did not retort, the contours of his face remained expressionless, "No your highness, this is the only thing I sell," He replied.

Tila humped, the disadvantage of telepathy, she heard his thoughts, but was more or less helpless, and feeling extremely frustrated. There were people around and none of them had heard him say anything. After a moment of thinking, she snickered, and she spoke, "I heard that," before she'd fleeted the scene like an arrow that's been let lose by an archer. She needed room to breath, a bit farther away from the market, Tila spotted a stranger.

His clothes, they were what gave him away. They were human, but human as they were, he himself was miles below the sea, so, Tila could readily assume he was either a mutant or a merman that lived on the surface. Whichever case it was, she still needed to know of the purpose he came with as he was approaching some merman. "I'm the Queen of Atlantis, halt. State your name and purpose," Tila spoke as she landed in front of the man.

CVU_Atlantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville:

It was easy to locate Orin. His anger was palpable and oozing out of him as he stood in the Throne room. Rarely had she seen him this angry though, and Tila was careful in approaching him. When he held onto Poseidon's Trident, that represented his authority as Poseidon himself, more than a King, and more than her husband. She swam through the air and touched down in front of him. "Orin...what's wrong?" Tila asked as a look of concern spread across her face.

No Caption Provided

I had begun to walk towards the door and begin to check on my various commanders when my wife Tila appeared asking what had gone wrong I was filled with rage but when Tila appears the rage melts away as I face the woman I love. She has always been a calming presence in my life and that doesn't change now even if I was known for being hot-tempered at times she would be there to help calm me," Hello, Tila I'm sorry but something has gone horribly wrong one of my commanders at the security post guarding the Whirlpool that is supposed to trap ancient monsters and entities has failed miserably in their duty. So I'm going to personally deliver punishment on the commander in charge of the facility. You may come if you want but it won't be a good sight either." I wish I had more time to spend with her but the question I'm always asking is should I give my attention to my people or should I give attention to my wife. I loved Atlantis but I also loved Tila causing us to be apart even when I need her most.

I began to walk to the door leading out of the throne room when suddenly another guard was pushed inside and considering the news I've had today it wasn't going to be good," What is it, Guardsman?"

He stared up at me for a moment before bowing his head and speaking," Sire I've come bearing awful news errrr.... we have detected a disturbance off in the Pacific off the coast of a place called Washington in the country the surface dwellers call America."

For a moment my rage had subsided but the fact he had stopped caused my patience to start wearing thin," What kind of disturbance? Does it have something to do with what my commander allowed to escape?"

The guardsman started to show signs of his fear and nervousness mumbling at first before speaking up and answering the question," Yes Sire the generals and the commanders are beginning to gather in the situation room. We don't have much information yet but we confirm that there are now two tsunamis coming to wipe away that land."

Putting my face in my hands I decided to not take my anger out on the messenger," Very well lead the way guardsmen." As I began to follow him into an adjoining building to the palace and knowing that this was of the utmost importance kept a quick pace until we finally reached the door. Giving me a slight bow he opened the door and let me inside allowing Tila in as well if she followed before closing the door behind us and standing guard," So what's the situation in this place called Washington?" The room like many other important ones in the palace was plated with gold and contained several computers with Atlantean men and women manning the controls desperately searching for any important information while myself and the generals gathered around a holographic display in the middle of the room showing one of our submerged ships moving up the coast.

The various generals bowed their heads before one of them answered," Sire the bad news is that we still don't know whats going on but we do have a patrol ship in the area to have a look at the phenomena. We have already given the order for the ship to move and observe whats going on."

" Excellent then we shall wait for them to report back with their information just make sure they remain undetected by the surface dwellers. It isn't time for us to reveal our presence."

Elementum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville: @lowlaville:

Cool, thanks!

Sebastian saw her coming and smiled kindly as she did bowing his head a moment, if she was royalty he figured best to maybe give some respect, if she wasn't though bowing was common enough as a way of greeting people to not be especially misinterpreted. He made sure to nod once more as she said she was the queen of Atlantis,

"I'm Sebastian Zaballa your highness. Simply came here because I wanted to learn more of Atlantis, may or may not stay long, my boats currently up top. Hopefully no one else decides to run away with it while I'm down here though." He said chuckling at the end of it and grimacing, "Wasn't too expensive though."

He rubbed his chin, Does she she me as a threat? That would explain why she bothered coming over here and how she spoke. Or at least perhaps suspicious or inquisitive. But I'd imagine there's more then that for a queen to decide to approach an outsider instead of simply sending military or something.

"Is there a problem perhaps?" Sebastian inquired cocking his head to the side and frowning, the answer would either not be much of one or probably answer most of the question he had in his mind, maybe more. He however, did not know she would have been able to read his thoughts. Although he was not entirely unfamiliar with telepathy, or at least what it was, it wasn't as common for him to actually come across a mind reader. Although his species got pretty darn close by reading a person or creatures subtleties.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cvu_atlantis:

Was it guilt she felt when facing Orin? Who knew. Her lips met his briefly and hugged him, before letting go. He never could stay angry at her, and he still very much loved her, they both knew. Her choices though, hadn't been too great, she knew this. It had just happened in the spur of the moment. He represented a presence that Orin couldn't give her. His life, it was simple and he lived by jobs which would be considered unfitting for men. It reminded her of the days past, when she was just a guard for Orin, and belonged to a poor household, where they lived off of whatever she earned, which was never enough, but they still somehow managed to get by doing odd jobs.

After Tila became Queen though, his family's wealth and position in society was indefinitely lifted, this being something thanks to no other than the King of Atlantis. She owed him an unspoken debt which she intended to repay, even if what the man did was done out of love and nothing more, still as the Queen of Atlantis, she too vowed to stay by his side until the very end.

," Hello, Tila I'm sorry but something has gone horribly wrong one of my commanders at the security post guarding the Whirlpool that is supposed to trap ancient monsters and entities has failed miserably in their duty. So I'm going to personally deliver punishment on the commander in charge of the facility. You may come if you want but it won't be a good sight either."

Tila nodded, "You don't need to ask twice Orin. And don't think I'm weak that I won't be able to observe you deliver punishment," She laughed, and followed the King of Atlantis into the "Situation Room". It was a large room plated with Gold, with computers and men and women at them, with Orin and his generals huddling around a table, a holographic displaying atop it. It showed an Atlantean ship traversing across the shore.

"Are we just going to sit back and wait while someone or something is causing disturbance to the peace of our ocean?!" Tila spoke, somewhat sharper than usual.

@elementum:

Tila grew annoyed. Or perhaps they simply don't know she could read minds? "Just because I'm a queen does not mean I have to use the guards, do I?"

She shook her head, "Nice to meet you Sabastian. Give me a description of your boat and I will send some guards to watch over it until you return, though something tells me you wouldn't need it anyway." Tila summoned a few guards mentally, keeping them on standby until Sabastian spoke, then she would send them to the surface to make sure this boat of his would not be stolen, "There's no problem besides you looking like a human. Tell me, what are you?"

Elementum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville:
Sebastian cocked his head to her first response, Telepath then? Ok, that's very interesting. He thought fully aware now that she might hear it.

"Pleasure to meet you as well." He said adding, "It's a white boat with a cover on top, and about 30 feet in length. Has a drawing of a Tucuxi on the sides as well. But no I suppose I don't need it. It is useful though."

No Caption Provided

Sebastian looked up for a moment considering how to describe what he was best, before simply deciding on the direct form, no purpose in bothering anyway. He quickly grew in size to his 8'2" height as hair covered his entire body, as this happened he explained, "I'm a Yacuruna, I've come from the Amazon, simply out of curiosity. I'd been told by some of the mermaids that dwell with us of Atlantis and curiosity got the best of me."

His warped feet clenched the ground for a moment rubbing into the ground, "Not really an ambassador or anything but I do imagine not to many Yacuruna bother coming here. Most of us simply remain in the Mirror world or near the Amazon river."

Hitman_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

♪We all live in a yellow submarine♪

♪Yellow submarine, yellow submarine♪

♪We all live in a yellow submarine♪

♪Yellow submarine, yellow submarine♪

Should RP here for laughs.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Orange_Water

@hitman_: Don’t worry the time will come when Atlantis is revealed and then you may or may not be able to sing that in actual canon lol.

Hitman_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hitman_
Pandorika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cvu_atlantis:

Somewhere in the city of New Atlantis time warped and the fabric of space time slid open like an unzipped jacket. Pandorika appeared as if from no where and the gap closed. She took a moment to recover from the experience and then turned her attention to the city around her. She'd found it through a careful study of temporal lines once she'd left her Master's former studio. She'd spent time discerning where she wanted to travel and had eventually found Atlantis appealing.

No Caption Provided

Now she found herself below the sea. She leaned against a nearby support rail and let her eyes, her real eyes, look out at the ocean's depths. It was in its own way both awe inspiring and thought inspiring. She allowed her mind to focus on useless incidentals, fish going by, sea life...the wonders of being alive as opposed to the problems of being alive.

The temporal half breed had no particular purpose in being here, she was traveling interesting places, hoping to find herself somewhere in the mass of life that called planet Earth home. What a beautiful place, all hidden beneath the waves, tucked away from the civilization above the water that doesn't even know it's down here.

I like that...but it won't last. Eventually the two civilizations will have to encounter each other, it's just the way it works...hey...I wonder if they have free wifi down here..

Pandorika reached into her belt pouch and removed a smart phone to check the status of the local internet connection.

Rapax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Destiny was free to do as she wished, half human her will was her own. As an angel though she also found herself with a compulsion to occasionally investigate and insert herself into things. Some people longed for conflict, prayed for a particular course of action. Tired of just listening the angel half breed decided she wanted to venture off. It was simple really Destiny had the ability to travel to seemingly any position of worship.

From the house of god, to the statues of older gods, to the eerie basements of cultists she stepped into them all with ease. Her body, blessed to be able to function wherever it may go changed to the various pressures of New Atlantis with a swimming simplicity. Altered so that she could move as easy as any other day, for a brief moment feathers drifted in the air, soft and white as snow. Catching the glow of the unique lighting to a point it looked more of a heavenly glow upon the feathers and girl then perhaps it should. Her hair almost radiant in the light.

Of course the angel didn't expect things to go well to transpire in a fashion that would like her. She'd arrived rather unannounced in a place of prayer. For all she knew the Atlanteans might just come down on her in a righteous fury of their own to snuff out her holly light. They weren't demons in her eyes they had no reason to fear her, she was an intruder though. Intruding on a region otherwise unknown to most and difficult for almost anyone to reach. Curious in the intentions of the ocean dwellers though the angel appeared. "Guess I'll do the respectable thing as I wait." Her petite figure turning to kneel beside the shrines and pray as a way to pass time. They'd come to her and that was likely for the best as opposed to just taking off into the beautiful kingdom below the depths.

CVU_Atlantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville:

"Are we just going to sit back and wait while someone or something is causing disturbance to the peace of our ocean?!" Tila spoke, somewhat sharper than usual.

I couldn't blame her she knew how dangerous this was that beings or monsters from the other side had made their way into this world to cause trouble most Atlanteans were aware of the dangers that lurked inside but few truly understood what could happen if something came out of that prison which was why this response was necessary. " Don't worry Tila I expect we will have this report very soon but in the meantime, we need to check in on the arrest of the commander at the security post." Moving off to the side for a moment I asked one of the intelligence officers about the arrest," Any news on the capture of the commander at the security post?"

The intelligence officer looked up at his King for a moment before looking back at his computer and before pulling up a brief report on his computer and reading through it," Yes Sire the report says that he has been arrested after an attempt to resist but surrendered immediately once he realized you had ordered his arrest asking for an audience to explain himself and a hope for leniency."

"Ha very well he will have his trail but it won't result in much more than his execution," he risked far more than he knows by allowing this and this cannot be allowed to stand. I turned back around to see the disfigured and old general Murk going through something on the holographic table," You have something back General?"

"Yes, the mage on the sub appealed to Apollo and had a vision of an underwater city, two women one dead and one dying as shadows engulf her and a plan to drown the world above in shadow and water. It would appear that this threat came from the Whirlpool and is now threatening the world above and below our commander has now caused a problem we are now forced to fix."

@pandorika:

Several Atlanteans noticed the appearance of the strange woman leaning on the railing, using some kind of strange technology and doing nothing but looking out over the city. Many thought and began to whisper in Greek to their friend's and family,"I think she may be mutant", and, "What Atlantean would soil their blood with a mutant?" For some, the mating of human and Atlantean even mutant and Atlantean was considered an abomination and it never helped that they already thought themselves superior to those who dirty their blood. So while she would be able to find some of that treasured wifi she would now be subjected to the wayward glance of those around her and questions about what she was.

No Caption Provided

Tula Dorma was not one of those Atlanteans though while she walked and several giving her a slight nod and while she heard the whispers of her fellow Atlanteans she couldn't bring herself to hate her for those differences after all the mutant slave she had at home was practically family and on occasion even taught her about the surface such as one of its languages that they called English and that the world above was ravaged by conflicts among its people and its ill-treatment of the planet. So upon seeing this mutant for herself she saw an opportunity to meet someone new maybe make a new friend with a fellow Atlantean even if they were mutant and maybe even see if she could practice her English she would need it once Atlantis finally came to the surface again.

So the young blond woman walked over to the railing and giving a smile she introduced herself," Hi there I'm Tula it's so nice to meet you," and noticing the weird rectangle in the woman's hand," hmmm.... haven't seen that computer before but anyway what's your name?!?!!?" She was almost always this happy and cheerful but with her appearance and now her speaking with the odd stranger most Atlanteans began to move on not wanting to speak ill of someone in the nobility especially when her father was a member of the council that advises the King.

@rapax:

For a moment several Atlanteans stood there in the middle of the temple where statues to the Greek Gods were placed staring at the pink haired stranger who had just teleported into the area during a time of prayer for many as they came for blessings of the Gods. But that would only last a moment because as the feather floated to the ground the Atlanteans evacuated the square they would run up to the nearby guards telling them about the stranger who just teleported into a place of worship several orders were given as guards were pulled off of their various breaks to deal with the potentially dangerous situation and a mage was asked to appear with the guards now approaching the temple.

Swords and rifles were drawn as the group of two dozen guards approached the young stranger now kneeling on the floor seemingly praying to their Gods while to some this may be a moment to calm themselves the fact remained she had teleported which was considered a crime in Atlantis punishable by death. The guardsmen continued to approach the woman all weapons and eyes trained on her ready for the fight to begin but first two voices spoke up one in Greek and the other in English as two guardsmen spoke,"Για το σπάσιμο του ιερού νόμου και για την εξουσία του βασιλιά Ραθ είστε υπό κράτηση," and," For the breaking of the sacred law and in the authority of King Rath you are under arrest."

Rapax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cvu_atlantis:

"You know I don't see any signs anywhere saying what I can and can not do. No documents on the surface world to warn me." Her tone was dry a hint of youthful wit perhaps escaping into her dialect. A voice that was almost serene in its cadence, the woman's beauty perhaps hard to compare against most. Was enough of a striking image to think oneself holier than thou though Destiny did her finest to try not to give off such a nature. Upon her figure of course was armaments should things become an escalation of conflict and retribution.

The moon rested on her back eclipsing her in a defense from wherever it's sacred metal was angled. Mercury was at her side, a blade with an edge that shimmered in its unique properties. Venus lay upon her wrist allowing for the summoning or dispersal of her various gear and attire in particular. The sun a cloak like garment draped between shield and her back seemed to give off a divine light almost blinding in it's radiance. Jupiter rested against her neck in fact the halo being worn as a choker and a defense against her head being parted which was the kind of wound best suited for taking the angel's life. Saturn protected her arms and elegant hands providing her with a few additional properties should a fight come. About the angle's petite waste were fixed stars, looking as if the night skies beauty was carried with her. In all her grandeur she would do her best to keep her feet and thus the primus mobile planted. To downplay the blessings bestowed upon her.

"I wish to learn more about the king and his attentions. Rath his opinions of what should be done with me is what matter. I'm afraid I can't be bothered with you." The angel remarked looking to walk through the blockade of troops. She hadn't come here for a fight, all the same she believed in the word of kings and gods she wouldn't bother following orders of less.

Pandorika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cvu_atlantis:

No Caption Provided

"Hi Tula, I'm Pandorika." She smiled, looking up from her phone and turning to pay full attention to the new person. "I'm sort of on a mission of exploration, mostly to discover myself. It took a lot of searching to find this place, but it's pretty cool."Even if the WIFI has a password.

"This is just a smart phone, I was checking to see if you had any WIFI available but I see it's password protected." She grinned and pointed at the phone. "I guess I'll save all my snapchating for later." She tucked the phone into its case at her hip. "I like how you've concealed this place from the outside world, some things I think are maybe better left to their own devices and away from the prying eyes of the meta community."

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville:

Sebastian cocked his head to her first response, Telepath then? Ok, that's very interesting. He thought fully aware now that she might hear it.

"Pleasure to meet you as well." He said adding, "It's a white boat with a cover on top, and about 30 feet in length. Has a drawing of a Tucuxi on the sides as well. But no I suppose I don't need it. It is useful though."

No Caption Provided

Sebastian looked up for a moment considering how to describe what he was best, before simply deciding on the direct form, no purpose in bothering anyway. He quickly grew in size to his 8'2" height as hair covered his entire body, as this happened he explained, "I'm a Yacuruna, I've come from the Amazon, simply out of curiosity. I'd been told by some of the mermaids that dwell with us of Atlantis and curiosity got the best of me."

His warped feet clenched the ground for a moment rubbing into the ground, "Not really an ambassador or anything but I do imagine not to many Yacuruna bother coming here. Most of us simply remain in the Mirror world or near the Amazon river."

With the detail of his boat gotten, TIla commissioned a few guards to guard the boat on the surface and returned her attention to the thing, the hairy looking man that now faced her. Some of the guards took this as a sign of aggression and surrounded Sabastian Zaballa with their weapons raised, but were quickly called off by Tila who let out a laugh, "At ease, I'm sure he means me no harm,"

She looked around. Tourists to Atlantis from across the ocean wasn't uncommon, and certainly no shortage of a variety of surface-dwelling mystical creatures to be found wherever you looked. "Feel free to explore around Sabastian, stay away from trouble and enjoy your stay!" Tila said, before leaving.

CVU_Atlantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rapax:

The guardsmen gave a quick worried but confident look to each other as the intruder mentioned the surface world and making a mockery of one of the highest laws in the Nation. Although the order was not yet given as the guards watched her prepare for the battle that was about to start and all tried to prove their courage in the face of an unknown combatant but they would not allow themselves to show any fear to this woman they would not let her win in the slightest as far as they were concerned. The guards continued taking up their positions trying to surround her with several drawing swords made of steel and shield while also made of steel some had orichalcum laced throughout and enchanted for a defense against some forms of magic and ranged attacks. While the rifles, which were powered by enchanted orichalcum giving it the power needed to fire a laser with a short burst, aimed at the back and front of the intruder. While they trusted in their equipment and training they would always believe in their physical superiority over what they assumed was a human interloper.

"I wish to learn more about the king and his attentions. Rath his opinions of what should be done with me is what matter. I'm afraid I can't be bothered with you." The angel remarked looking to walk through the blockade of troops. She hadn't come here for a fight, all the same she believed in the word of kings and gods she wouldn't bother following orders of less.

No Caption Provided

The English speaking guardsmen and his counterparts were taken aback at her utter disregard for their presence and certainly wouldn't allow her to approach the King possibly attacking him and maybe even harming him. No, they would defend their King to their last breath and no human or surface dweller would not be allowed to threaten him," We gave you your only chance human... Open fire." As triggers were pulled and several guardsmen began approaching with drawn sword and shield with the guards attempting to attack her sides with a sword slash or bashing her with their shield. While the guards with the rifles would attempt to shoot her in the front or in the back.

@pandorika: Pandorika was a truly strange name for an Atlantean although if she born by a mutant it would make sense. Humans and mutants often have their children strange names maybe in honor of the world their parents had not seen in a long time. “ It’s so nice to meet you Pandorika and a journey of self-discovery from Poseidonis. So I guess this is your first trip to the capital then?” But before she could offer to show her around the stranger admitted a terrible secret: she had come here from the surface.

Snapchat? Hiding from the outside world? Meta community? These were not the comments of someone who has lived in Atlantis or Poseidonis their entire lives. What she should do is call for the guards because there was someone from the surface here but Pandorika seemed intrigued by Atlantis and I was intrigued by the surface. Atlanteans held a deep-seated hatred or at the very least contempt for the surface and all of its inhabitants her father had always made sure she would never develop this hatred like most would. That while Atlantis was superior to the surface world he would always remind her that,” They want the same thing as Atlantis to survive and thrive,” and that,” they needed to be taught a better way even if they were barbaric.” While for the most part, it was simple-minded advice maybe she couldn't help but at least quench some of that curiosity she had about the surface after most of what they got down here was garbled radio messages that made no sense to those few Atlanteans who listened.

"Most here can't speak English so just a quick tip. Don't mention your from the surface just say if your asked an Atlantean with mutant blood." She bit her lip for a moment as she looked around for a moment before saying," How about I take you on a tour of New Atlantis? Maybe encountering what this city has to offer can help you on your journey? I would certainly like to hear about the surface world as well."

Elementum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville:

Sebastian didn't bother trying to protect himself when the soldiers surrounded him, it was very likely a misunderstanding and if it wasn't he didn't think preparing himself would do much good at present. Fortunately, he was right and smiled as the queen called them off with a laugh.

He nodded one more time towards her as she spoke again, "Thank you very much. I'll certainly try to do my best." He said simply as she departed. His gaze drifted to the area around him as he began to take less skeptical strides, but now with a topic on his mind, their relationship with the humans was clearly not a friendly one. And while his species wasn't exactly one to boast, they took advantage at almost any chance they got, they would also be willing to give back on occasion. He could guess these atlanteans probably wanted to reject humanity as something to deal with at all, at least in any peaceful manner.

Nevertheless, this place was a work of art, neither like the places of land nor the mirror'd realm where his species most often remained. A perfect place for a curious outsider, as long as you didn't find yourself getting in trouble he guessed.

CVU_Atlantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville:

King Rath continued to check in with the various officers around the room and asking them questions and giving out orders to those present trying to remain on top of the situation at all times," When will that incompetent commander be brought to Atlantis? Have those Tsunami's in the west made landfall yet? General deploy some of the fleet around the Whirlpool make sure nothing get's in or out." For the moment Rath had completely forgotten about his wife Tila who had asked why they just stood there and made no action and when he finally turned to see her he realized what he had done again focusing too much on the job and not on her. I had promised myself that I would do better and while this didn't seem like the place for it I didn't care... so Poseidon be damned why can't it?

The officers and General Murk did as they were asked answering the questions before I could speak to Tila," The commander will be in Atlantis in a matter of hours but the trial and evidence won't be ready until tomorrow and the tsunamis have not made landfall it appears the surface dwellers are stopping them as we speak." Murk looked up from the from the table to acknowledge the order and say it was given but saw the look on the King's face and signed for a moment. He remembered when his father did the same thing and when Orin rose to power he had promised he wouldn't be as bad as his father Orm but the problem is he was young at the time and he became worse than his father," The order has been given, King Rath." It had taken him awhile to get used to calling him that.

Finally able to speak again and while wanting to apologize he decided to do something else as I walked back over to her and remembering how lucky I was," Your right it's time to stop standing around and doing nothing. It's time to remind the world we exist and I can think of no one better to do it with than you, Tila." He knew that this was corny but it wasn't time to care about that... because it was true.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

Very freaking cool

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pandorika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cvu_atlantis:

Yay racism!

"Oh I see. Well I'd be happy to take a tour sure. I'll make sure I don't say anything that gets people angry for whatever reason at my being from the surface. Of course, if they mostly don't speak English it shouldn't be too difficult." She smiled a little and moved to follow her apparent tour guide. "I'm glad you don't share their views."

Pandorika was used to a certain level of bigotry aimed at herself but it usually came from people finding out she was part Time Siphon. Experiencing it because of her Human half was a new experience entirely. Kinda feels the same anyway though. I guess bigotry is bigotry whatever it's cause. "So where are we going first?"

CVU_Atlantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville:

I waited for Tila's answer for a moment but she just continued to stare back at me seemingly wanting me to know I already had the answer but unfortunately I did not have it so there I stood. Maybe she wishes that I took leave of my duties for the rest of the day and go with her instead or possibly she knew the strategy we should use for this situation and thought that I had come to the conclusion myself but I wanted to her to speak her mind because I did not have any idea what her plan was.

The old and grizzled general looked at the two for a moment giving a light chuckle before signing and speaking up,"My King you should take a break from your work and spend some time with the Queen. I promise that the kingdom will not implode overnight and there really isn't anything else we can do from here at the moment. Everything will be ready by tomorrow morning and the trial will be ready first thing in the morning." For the most part, it was true there was nothing else the King could do right now but also the King had not had a break in weeks and it had started to affect his judgment whether he liked to admit it or not.

I opened my mouth to raise an objection but realized that he was right and that this was actually the excuse that I needed to be with Tila and instead of objecting I said,"Yes... I think your right Murk I will take my leave tonight and spend the evening with my wife." I didn't take the time to tell them goodbye or wave instead I put my arm around Tila's back as I walked out with her and back to our room for a pleasurable evening where the King served the Queen for a change.

Tomorrow Morning after the Trial

He begged for mercy as I plunged the Trident into his body at first it was a look of shock but soon his eyes and body lost any sign life as I withdrew my weapon from his body and he slumped onto the ground bleeding onto the floor of the throne room walking back up to the throne and sitting down,"The King's justice has been dispensed on those who have failed in their duties to the King and those that have failed in their duties. I shall now hear today's petitions from the citizens in accordance with law," a moment was taken for the body to be dragged away while the floor was cleaned by some of the nearby human slaves who was done would disappear to the background waiting to be used again. What would follow after would be two hours of addressing various citizens from Poseidonis and the city of Atlantis itself representing the interests and problems in their parts of the cities including some information on the sightings of a new monster in our ocean.

Some would be accepted and others would be not but regardless the law was followed and the duty was completed and as the citizens filtered out an advisor approached to give some news and suggestions about what to do now,"Sire," taking a slight bow,"if we are truly considering going to the surface again I suggest that we find a kingdom or nation suitable for an alliance." He waited for a moment as I waved him onwards,"I believe I've found such a nation that would work as a suitable ally. From our listening posts above we have received word of a kingdom in Europe different but in some ways like our own the surface world call this city-state the Kingdom or Sovereign Realm of Noc Haven ruled over by a Queen. Reports suggest she is a powerful mage and that only the strong rule there."

I raised my hand for a moment stopping him there and thinking to myself for a moment. While allying with a surface nation wasn't a necessarily a bad idea making our rise much easier but it was also the fact of the enormous animosity Atlanteans had for the surface wasn't exactly good for building trust. But if this Kingdom of Noc Haven had the strength to prove worthy it would certainly prove them to be a valuable ally,"Please tell us more about this Noc Haven," as a smile crept across my face.

@pandorika:

"Oh I see. Well I'd be happy to take a tour sure. I'll make sure I don't say anything that gets people angry for whatever reason at my being from the surface. Of course, if they mostly don't speak English it shouldn't be too difficult." She smiled a little and moved to follow her apparent tour guide. "I'm glad you don't share their views."

Pandorika was used to a certain level of bigotry aimed at herself but it usually came from people finding out she was part Time Siphon. Experiencing it because of her Human half was a new experience entirely. Kinda feels the same anyway though. I guess bigotry is bigotry whatever it's cause. "So where are we going first?"

Tula gave an excited hop as the woman from the surface agreed to the tour happy at making her first friend from the surface she did enjoy meeting new people after all,"Well follow me past some guards and I'll show you the most important part of the city the dome surrounding us is quite possibly one of the most things here." Tula led her newfound friend through the city passing guards every once and while on their way to the monument commemorating the spot where the mages and builders first began construction on the first Dome so long ago. The statue showed the builder's tools in hand building a wall with mages nearby seemingly casting a spell to bring the city out of the water,"While maybe not what you wanted first on the tour this is the most important spot in the city where we reclaimed our ability to walk once again after several hundred years of construction it was finished and the Dome has kept the water outside of the city ever since."

I wanted to ask a question that all Atlanteans had asked but few had ever had answered,"So what's it like... what is it like to have the sun touch your skin?" Maybe to the surface dwellers it was something they had gotten used to but down here few even in their adult lives had experienced the sun and unfortunately the belief was most would never get the chance to experience it.

Rapax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cvu_atlantis:

The guardsmen gave a quick worried but confident look to each other as the intruder mentioned the surface world and making a mockery of one of the highest laws in the Nation. Although the order was not yet given as the guards watched her prepare for the battle that was about to start and all tried to prove their courage in the face of an unknown combatant but they would not allow themselves to show any fear to this woman they would not let her win in the slightest as far as they were concerned. The guards continued taking up their positions trying to surround her with several drawing swords made of steel and shield while also made of steel some had orichalcum laced throughout and enchanted for a defense against some forms of magic and ranged attacks. While the rifles, which were powered by enchanted orichalcum giving it the power needed to fire a laser with a short burst, aimed at the back and front of the intruder. While they trusted in their equipment and training they would always believe in their physical superiority over what they assumed was a human interloper.

No Caption Provided

The English speaking guardsmen and his counterparts were taken aback at her utter disregard for their presence and certainly wouldn't allow her to approach the King possibly attacking him and maybe even harming him. No, they would defend their King to their last breath and no human or surface dweller would not be allowed to threaten him," We gave you your only chance human... Open fire." As triggers were pulled and several guardsmen began approaching with drawn sword and shield with the guards attempting to attack her sides with a sword slash or bashing her with their shield. While the guards with the rifles would attempt to shoot her in the front or in the back.

No Caption Provided

They looked at each other at her words hesitant it would seem before readying themselves to engage. Steadied themselves in the wake of the unknown admirable and well trained but a disappointment to the angel all the same. They seemed so adamant against the upper world but about as ready to fight it as a rookie in combat she felt. Destiny didn't wish ill will upon these men, so far she hadn't even seen much reason to fight them. Was just curious to learn if they planned to fight or take action. It seemed however they had made a choice. They circled her and she lowered her arms for a moment kept shield on back and her blade close but for now sheathed once more.

They began to go for the trigger to position for slashing and stabs directed her way, she snapped an added touch of flair as electricity raced along her figure as she backflipped a lance of energy passing her by as she shot back in a spiral of electricity. Bolts of lightning scattering about her original position electrocuting those that'd been near as if the sky fathers of ones choosing had decided to lash out at her assailants. She slammed into the back wall hand burrowing a guard's helmet into a wall nearly fatal in force. A force that came from the blur and visible flash that was Destiny moving at the speed of lightning itself. Moon as she called it her shield which seemed dark as the night sky rested on her back and was immediately met by return fire.

Plasma splashed against the shield water heating into a mist under the potent bolts. They had the arsenal and numbers it could easily become a long and arduous conflict. She was also willing to bet they were while not faster, physically they were stronger. For they had to live in the current setting Destiny simply adjusted to the stage so she could operate freely. They were beginning to circle again flank her while back was against the wall, she'd turned to meet them face to face. An action that had a variety of weapons obstructing some of her view, that was fine though. Start talking and they were likely to try and meet her eye to eye. "I'll say it again."

"I just wish to speak with Rath, I can do it with or without mercy being shown." If oath was the choice and a fight was to begin. Something she'd be able to tell in body language of a soldiers stance she would tap into her other predominant ability. "This doesn't have to be a fight" the last word came with a slight change in her eyes. Might be difficult to spot just a light shine to them that wasn't there before. The change would be felt however as with her eyes came the blessing of the Predatory path. For the angels she served most had paths they took, aspects of the journey they would take and the road it led to for Destiny one of those was to be a predator to evil. One aspect of such was that her look could command the body to endure penance for what they'd done and who they were. That sins be done unto those who looked her in the eyes. Most she didn't detect as inherently evil, everyone typically had done something though it would seem. And this particular path looked to have people be petrified in remembrance and endure the pain like that which they had inflicted on others.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cvu_atlantis:

Noc Haven? Tila mused to herself, sitting on the throne next to Rath, her rightful place in Atlantis. Last night was one of the few that Rath spent with her. It showed, from the vibrant smile to the bright face she wore this morning. Alliance with surface world was not an easy task, no, especially when those surface dwellers continued to ceaselessly exploit and destroy the sea with the careless actions. At the very least, Tila was not a fan of such a course of action. How many Atlanteans perished, homes destroyrd and childrens orphaned due to the irresponsibleness if the surface world? Incident Reports were countless, dusting in archives, libraries and pages of history books, waiting for Justice.

“Alliance with the surface world?” Tila raised her voice. “Are we really doing that? After eons of their vile actions?”

Fallen_Savant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Altar of the Depths: The Black Expanse

The drowning of the surface world had failed. It had been an interesting excursion, and perhaps would have succeeded better had it not been so opportune for betrayal.

No Caption Provided

William Coulter had always been a man who made the most of opportunities. The girl had come to them from above, and where she'd been before then no one knew - not even herself - but the truth had always remained that she was of the surface, of the sun-blinded realms, and not one of them. She'd been charismatic in her insanity, though, and when she had gathered the people of the Moor behind her wayward banner, William had followed her as well, and set well the base for power in days to come. He had bided his time, counting on her madness to lead her astray in time, and when she had stood beneath the waves and trusted in him to protect her, he had been... otherwise occupied.

Her death was a void easily filled, by himself. He had studied her, the shadow-things that had gotten bound up into herself, and when her death had released them, he had pulled them in with quiet offers and a firm hand. He'd not made the mistake of his predecessor in taking more of them than he could control. Unlike her, he didn't see a need to keep them together, and so he'd taken what he could and bound one into the ambitious Lady Annette, and let one go free and one go to oblivion with its former bearer. It was not his duty to be loyal to the shadow-creatures.

It was their duty to be loyal to him. As was it everyone else's. The Moor, already tightly reigned by the Savant's banner, was fully prepared to follow, and when he informed them that they would be following him, there was no opposition. After all, the stage for that play had been set months ago. The audience had already known what the next act would be. They had merely been waiting for the tragedy of the first act to end.

Lord William sat in a chair in the Altar Room. It would have been discourteous, after all, to call it a throne room, even if it that was what it was for all practical purposes. There was an altar. It was behind the chair. He had no idea what was on it, today. Annette had a tendency to place random items there to see what people reacted to. It was quite the game. The most amusing one had been the jar of pickled fish. The cloth merchant hadn't had the faintest idea what to make of it, and had kept glancing at it in utter bemusement throughout the entire meeting. He allowed himself a smile at the memory, then turned slightly to Annette. "We should do something about the people outside the whirlpool before they work themselves up into a critical angst."

They had been there for some time, lurking in a manner that was obviously meant to suggest that they weren't spying or guarding, and not doing a very good job of it. He'd been aware of the situation, but had wanted to make sure that things in the Moor were properly settled to his satisfaction before worrying about that particular nuance. Annette set something down on the altar - an oddly shaped vase with a tiny sea jelly squirming about within, and a flat rock on top of it. Even William didn't know what to make of that one, although he knew better than to show it. "By we, I presume you mean myself," Annette returned.

William stood, and walked the few steps to her. "I did give you the shadow that warps the waters," he answered, "What point in giving you the ability to travel anywhere the waves touch if I didn't intend for you to use it?" He put his hands on her shoulders. "Go find out what they want. Be my 'emissary.'" The word amused him, and her also, though she stepped back with her smile and turned what might have become an embrace into a curtsy. Propriety always with her. He inclined his head slightly, and watched her as she left.

The Whirlpool, Exodus

A hint of sunlight filtered through the waters, even at this depth - untenable to most, but to those used to its perpetual absence, it was always a strange feeling. Annette had stepped into the water at the docks in the Moor and summoned the shadow to her, letting it suffuse her and whisper through the water, dropping her out before the whirlpool like ink into a shot-glass, watery curls of shadows that spread and left her reformed before the maw. She spread her hands, unarmed, and nodded to the curious 'tourists' who were certainly neither spies nor guards.

Their surprise was palpable. They had expected someone to come through the whirlpool, not circumvent it, but the first step to a working relationship was trust, and Annette offered them the courtesy of knowledge of what she was capable of. Words beneath the waves were too hard to contrive, but a series of gestures coalesced into something resembling communication, at least insofar as it was needed. Truthfully, little was necessary in the way of communication, as both parties wanted the same thing: for Annette to be taken to Atlantis for proper introduction. It was not so difficult to arrange, and after a moment's discussion, she swirled herself out into a shadow that followed along with the ones who had been designated her escort, moving swiftly through the waters.

Atlantis

The city existed in a bubble, air over waterways, a home for creatures of the waves. The ink of the shadows swelled into the harbor, and diffused Annette into the waves to step onto the construction that served as a shore. She let her gaze linger over the buildings, openly assessing, wondering if there was anything in them that could be adapted for the Moor's own use. Good ideas were to be found everywhere, and it was only fitting that two nations below the waves should have come up with unique ideas of creating civilization.

She proceeded as directed, curious what they would make of her. No doubt she would have much to tell Lord William, when she returned.

Pandorika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cvu_atlantis:

"The sun?" she asked, looking around with wide eyes as they walked and her guide gave her the brief history lesson. Pandorika had been to other worlds but there was plenty to be amazed by on Earth, or under its oceans for that matter. "Well...it's..." She trailed off, trying to come up with the right words to describe something she admitted she took for granted. "It's like a lot of things in life. When it's warm out and there aren't many clouds it's uplifting and can make you feel like the world is the greatest thing and everything is alive and wonderful. When it's cold out and the sun feels far away, it's kind of like...it's too far away and you know if it would just come back you'd feel better, just a little sun is all it can take, can make the difference sometimes between being depressed and being happy."

CVU_Atlantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville:

The advisor looked at the Queen in complete shock for a moment scared of the Queens sudden outburst of anger stumbling over his words for a minute allowing me a moment to speak again while reaching out towards her hand and giving it a quick squeeze. I loved her if I couldn't be angry she most definitely would be and best of all I knew I could always rely on her to give me or anyone else a straight answer but she had raised a valid question as to why should we even consider such an alliance with surface dwellers,"Tila does raise a valid question and like any citizen of our kingdom we've all seen the reports from century's of warfare or pollution in the world's oceans along with its aftermath when we scanvage or take the materials from those sunken ships which have caused setbacks even in the rebuilding of this city hundreds of years ago. Now we could argue all we want if they even know we're here but for the most part, they have proven themselves unworthy of using the ocean out of sheer stupidity and recklessness. So why should we even consider this alliance at all or even go to the negotiating table?"

The advisor had not been prepared for this first the Queen and now the King was questioning why something would be so necessary as to ally with the surface he had the answer in his head but all that came out was,"Uhhhhh....because errrr... blah...ugh..." only able to get out nonsense and now he could hear one of the human slaves in the background quietly giggling and talking to the others. This was embarrassing but I had to calm down and answer their question and taking a moment to regain my composure before speaking as to why we should consider this alliance,"Yes your both right I've talked to people who have read almost all of the reports starting from the beginning to those just passed down through word or from writings in stone. But if we are to go to the surface and go it alone I fear we may not be able to survive and this Kingdom of Noc Haven is new and small with little access to the oceans itself only to a river leading out to sea with the help of an ally we can ensure we don't become isolated and expand as well as prosper affecting change through our mutual strength which will preserve all that we've built and our environment." He took a small bow waiting for the answer of those that protected and served the kingdom.

He must admit it was fun watching one of his advisors recover from their line of questioning but he had to admit that he had a good point if we are to go to the surface alone and demand they change Atlantis could not face such forces alone no matter how advanced and powerful they were. To affect change maybe some help would be needed by those with some mutual interests and so I questioned how would we find this Kingdom and what else he knew about them.

@pandorika:

"The sun?" she asked, looking around with wide eyes as they walked and her guide gave her the brief history lesson. Pandorika had been to other worlds but there was plenty to be amazed by on Earth, or under its oceans for that matter. "Well...it's..." She trailed off, trying to come up with the right words to describe something she admitted she took for granted. "It's like a lot of things in life. When it's warm out and there aren't many clouds it's uplifting and can make you feel like the world is the greatest thing and everything is alive and wonderful. When it's cold out and the sun feels far away, it's kind of like...it's too far away and you know if it would just come back you'd feel better, just a little sun is all it can take, can make the difference sometimes between being depressed and being happy."

Tula gave her new friend a puzzled look as she tried to explain what it was like to see, to experience and feel all that the sun had to offer those that were above but it seemed that those who had long since been used to the sun and its presence had difficulty explaining it to those who had never seen it. So instead I just smiled at her for a moment,"I think I understand it's like some perpetual warmth that never really leaves until it goes down or gets cold when the season's change. I guess as you described the feeling its almost like having a perfect day when everything just seems to be going right. But I promised to show you around the city so if you want we can go and see the marketplace?" The agora wasn't really all that far away with a couple of cuts through the back alleys it would only take several minutes to reach.

For the most part, the streets of Atlantis were clean with citizens or garbagemen taking responsibility to recycle anything that no longer had use to the household or business. But that didn't mean that sometimes trash or scraps couldn't be found either with an orichalcum battery or coin maybe even finding some of the bigger items sometimes lying on the ground unattended. But after the cut through the alleyways, we arrived at the marketplace bustling with small businesses and friends and family catching up getting something to eat and talk. Human or mutant slaves could be seen bobbing in and out of the crowds fulfilling the job or order from their masters before returning back to them except it was not all peaceful as nearby an argument could be heard between a blue-skinned merchant and several unhappy patrons accusing him of breaking the law by using forbidden magic that they thought had caused the change in appearance,"People from the surface aren't the only ones who are feared or hated but don't worry the guards will stop it if it becomes violent." Tula signed at the sight of such hate for her fellow Atlanteans but if anyone knew fear it was the people of Atlantis always fearing what the surface could mess up for them next.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cvu_atlantis:

No Caption Provided

In the end, Tila had agreed to the proposal of an alliance, it would be stupid to call a war on the surface world without a backer. There were volatile forces beyond what Atlantis could handle in such a scenario. Start small, Noc Haven was a relatively new nation, one that gained independence from Venezuela, the Adviser had prepared a report on most facets concerning this new... Ally they were going to have. There was just one detail, it was quite a bit farther away from the waters, The hold Atlantis can have on land was quite a bit minimum, "I suppose we can set up some establishments along this river you speak of, minister." Tila added. A base of operations, a window into the surface world. With that, the meeting was concluded and the couple retired to the outer perimeter of their home. They stood on a balcony overlooking Atlantis.

Atlantis, a nation countless Eons in the making, one that took generations upon generations of their people's blood and sacrifices to come to the point it was today. Atlantis was finally ready to let the world know that they exist. Life in darkness resumed, the Atlanteans had their own means of lights, they had massive structures that absorbed sunlight and illuminated the city structures, roads, and houses. Most of it was magic or enchantments that Atlanteans were specialized in.

Out there, on the Balcony, Tila stood there looking down at the serenity of her home. Her mind wandered down and remembered the days she was free! She reminisced the days of roaming around Atlantis with her exotic array of "pets". She remembered the days when all of her duties was looking after a Prince of the House of Rath. How on Earth did she ever fall in love with him and has become its queen all of a sudden? There was nothing bad about it, but something gripped at her heart. Down there was someone other than Rath, someone, that reminded her of the old days when life was simple.

Tila did not necessarily want to betray Rath and sleep with someone else. That was a mistake. The King still loved him as much as he did back then, it was just his stupid responsibilities that kept him from her. And now...he was making a journey towards that accursed place known as Black Expanse, which left Tila in Atlantis to do whatever she pleased to do, and that meant, going to him. Tila did tell her husband about the man, told him who did such an excellent portrait of her that she hung in their bedroom, but she did not tell him anything more than that, what transpires behind closed curtains, she never gave him a reason to suspect, and she was never going to.

"Orin, do you mind if I go to the surface world in order to negotiate a treaty with them and Atlantis?" She asked, her back facing him.

CVU_Atlantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville:

The meeting had ended a little over thirty minutes ago with Tila and I returning back to our room for some more alone time while I stayed inside of the room looking at the wonderful portrait the merman had done for Tila she stood alone out on the balcony looking out over the city below the palace. I could tell that she was deep in thought about something. Maybe something I did? Or maybe it was about the alliance that was being proposed? So I started to walk up behind her while she stood on the balcony.

"Orin, do you mind if I go to the surface world in order to negotiate a treaty with them and Atlantis?" She asked, her back facing him.

Is that what she's thinking about? Or is there something else on her mind as well? I finished walking up behind her and hugging her from behind giving her a kiss on the back of her neck. I thought about her request for a moment while I had the utmost confidence in her ability to negotiate with the surface kingdom I couldn't stop myself from wondering if there was something else she was thinking about she did have the most objections to the plan in the first place but Tila was my wife and my beautiful queen there was no one else I could trust more."Okay, if that's what you want to do then I won't stop you but promise me something," giving her another kiss on her neck,"at least take some bodyguards with you so that I know you'll be safe who knows what those humans could try and pull."

@rapax:

This was supposed to be an easy fight all they had to do was shoot a damn surface dweller sure they expected the human to be one of those enhanced or mutant surface dwellers. But what they saw in front of them was incredible that this woman despite being surrounded had managed to evade their attacks and make sure several of the laser bolts impacted her shield in mid-air instead of her body. The Atlantean guards would have stood there awestruck for a moment if it wasn't for the arc of lightning that had struck the guards that had her cornered sending them to the ground of the temple knocked out with an occasional nerve spasm. This time as she landed against a wall the Atlanteans pointed their rifles from a short distance away which they thought would put them out of range of her abilities and prepared to pull the trigger with the group's mage taking more interest in the woman's equipment starting to recognize what might be some familiar symbols on her weapons and armor.

"I just wish to speak with Rath, I can do it with or without mercy being shown." If oath was the choice and a fight was to begin. Something she'd be able to tell in body language of a soldiers stance she would tap into her other predominant ability. "This doesn't have to be a fight" the last word came with a slight change in her eyes. Might be difficult to spot just a light shine to them that wasn't there before. The change would be felt however as with her eyes came the blessing of the Predatory path. For the angels she served most had paths they took, aspects of the journey they would take and the road it led to for Destiny one of those was to be a predator to evil. One aspect of such was that her look could command the body to endure penance for what they'd done and who they were. That sins be done unto those who looked her in the eyes. Most she didn't detect as inherently evil, everyone typically had done something though it would seem. And this particular path looked to have people be petrified in remembrance and endure the pain like that which they had inflicted on others.

The six guardsmen just a second away from pulling the trigger on the human suddenly became petrified remembering the mistakes of their earlier days of bullying a young blue-skin in their childhood, another of violating a young female slave after a long night of drinking, and among other deeds for the guardsmen their arms dropped to their sides staring back at the human blankly. Now with twelve guardsmen down twelve remained taking cover behind columns and alters using any reflective surface they could find so as to not stare directly at the human they had learned the story of Medusa a long time ago. But before they could attempt another attack the mage spoke and asked," Your equipment the symbols seem familiar are you perhaps a messenger of the gods or a divine champion?"

@fallen_savant:

The military had ordered two ships into the area surrounding the whirlpool which would have arrived in another hour or two with more ships apparently on the way to reflect the Kings newfound interest and in response to the threat, the shadows posed. Not much had transpired here in the days after the shadow invasion of the surface and for the most part, this was to be a quiet posting with the plan being that the nearby observation post would be doing most of the watching while the Atlantean ships defended and attacked anything that would break would exit or attempt to go through. But when suddenly a woman appeared outside of the whirlpool and engulfed in some kind dark substance all they could do was watch as she communicated through hand signals that she was some kind of ambassador wanting to speak to the King and while usually such a person would be fired on they did not have the weapons or equipment to fire back. Although, she had shown an impressive ability from this dark substance manipulating the nearby water and from the information they had regarding the threat these shadows represented they were not yet equipped to deal with them so instead they pointed the woman towards Atlantis knowing that the guard in the city and King Rath would be more than equipped to deal with the threat she posed.

The city existed in a bubble, air over waterways, a home for creatures of the waves. The ink of the shadows swelled into the harbor, and diffused Annette into the waves to step onto the construction that served as a shore. She let her gaze linger over the buildings, openly assessing, wondering if there was anything in them that could be adapted for the Moor's own use. Good ideas were to be found everywhere, and it was only fitting that two nations below the waves should have come up with unique ideas of creating civilization.

The guards and Kaldur were there to greet the ambassador to Atlantis and her to the King but of course, certain precautions had to be followed and so the route to the palace had been cleared and guards had been posted in the shadows of the alleyway and on rooftops watching for the slightest hint of aggression from the stranger. The normally busy street had been cleared before her arrival as they led her through usually venders would have set up shop and children would be playing here. But it was cleared nonetheless noises could be heard from other parts of the city as she was led through and into the palace and when they reached the throne room, King Rath, sitting on the throne with the Trident of Poseidon in his hand and with barely concealed aggression he asked,"So who are you and why have you come here?"

Fallen_Savant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cvu_atlantis:

The city was empty. Remarkably so. Annette found that intriguing; it was quite obvious that the place had been altered on account of her visitation. She wondered what that was likely to mean for the Moor and its denizens, that things should be so radically changed for one visitor.

If nothing else, it implied that the denizens of Atlantis took their fellow undersea civilization seriously. Annette followed her guide complacently. She'd hoped for a better idea of the civilization of Atlantis, but this wasn't so much civilization as preparation - the evacuation before a holocaust. Do they think I aim to cause one? Annette smiled slightly, noting the guards that lined the way, and took it as a compliment.

She curtsied before the throne, civility from the ambassador of one nation to the sovereign of another. "Annette Arquor, ambassador of the Moor," she identified herself. The King - she presumed, anyway, because he was sitting on the throne and looking at her with an expression of distaste that would only be appropriate on a ruler, as everyone else was required by rote to be far more political in their mien.

A statement that included Annette herself. She affably ignored his evident desire to skewer her where she stood, and responded as diplomatically as she was inclined to - which was to say with the utmost courtesy, far too many words with much less meaning than they should have had, and only the barest hint of derision that couldn't quite officially be identified as such. "My lord has noticed your... shall we say 'interest' in the exodus point. I have been sent to ascertain your inclinations towards our territories, and encourage a pre-conflict resolution that is mutually satisfactory."

Rapax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cvu_atlantis:

Arcs of electricity crackled through the air and around a number of the fallen, bodies twitch and an angel contemplates making it worse for them. She opts not to though, they were just doing the duties assigned to them. Others stand arrested in place for them there is nothing that she can do her preadatory eyes doing no favors or abiding by her command just something that comes into effect. They might feel the abuse done to them be violated themselves Destiny has no control over it's but suffering done onto others brought onto oneself.

Positions are taken up looking to use reflections for sight and careful positioning to still be ready to combat her and in the enclosed church they probably would fare well. They were smart and adapting armed and ready. Of course Destiny had faith she could walk through this valley like any other, that if blood was to flow it wouldn't be hers. Someone amongst them was wiser still though catching symbolic markings about her armor. Perhaps the choker about her neck radiant in crucifixes that glistened with heavenly light.

"Saying I'm under one sky father or the next is a good way to insight more of this, so I try to avoid saying who." The Angel remarked with a slight shrug a hint of human sass being allowed. "Thought it right to come down see what was being praise for though, if I had an Ares devotee to be concerned about or an Athena worshiper to assist. Or whoever one wishes to prey to you catch my drift I'm sure." Destiny of course perhaps do to being a half breed tried to pay respect to any and all followers and be there for them.

Pandorika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pandorika:

Tula gave her new friend a puzzled look as she tried to explain what it was like to see, to experience and feel all that the sun had to offer those that were above but it seemed that those who had long since been used to the sun and its presence had difficulty explaining it to those who had never seen it. So instead I just smiled at her for a moment,"I think I understand it's like some perpetual warmth that never really leaves until it goes down or gets cold when the season's change. I guess as you described the feeling its almost like having a perfect day when everything just seems to be going right. But I promised to show you around the city so if you want we can go and see the marketplace?" The agora wasn't really all that far away with a couple of cuts through the back alleys it would only take several minutes to reach.

For the most part, the streets of Atlantis were clean with citizens or garbagemen taking responsibility to recycle anything that no longer had use to the household or business. But that didn't mean that sometimes trash or scraps couldn't be found either with an orichalcum battery or coin maybe even finding some of the bigger items sometimes lying on the ground unattended. But after the cut through the alleyways, we arrived at the marketplace bustling with small businesses and friends and family catching up getting something to eat and talk. Human or mutant slaves could be seen bobbing in and out of the crowds fulfilling the job or order from their masters before returning back to them except it was not all peaceful as nearby an argument could be heard between a blue-skinned merchant and several unhappy patrons accusing him of breaking the law by using forbidden magic that they thought had caused the change in appearance,"People from the surface aren't the only ones who are feared or hated but don't worry the guards will stop it if it becomes violent." Tula signed at the sight of such hate for her fellow Atlanteans but if anyone knew fear it was the people of Atlantis always fearing what the surface could mess up for them next.

"There's really a lot of emotional tension down here." Pandorika observed after a few moments of silence. "It's normal for people to fear and distrust what they don't understand though, so I shouldn't judge too harshly." She smiled a little and turned her attention fully to her guide. "You're not afraid though, what makes you not afraid? You seem more eager to find out what you don't know."

Pandorika shifted a little and switched to temporal vision to keep an eye on the entire area. Now that she'd seen how some treated outsiders or people who looked different she hoped her appearance wouldn't spark its own unfortunate incident. Better to be able to see it coming though if something does happen.

CVU_Atlantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallen_savant:

She curtsied before the throne, civility from the ambassador of one nation to the sovereign of another. "Annette Arquor, ambassador of the Moor," she identified herself. The King - she presumed, anyway, because he was sitting on the throne and looking at her with an expression of distaste that would only be appropriate on a ruler, as everyone else was required by rote to be far more political in their mien.

A statement that included Annette herself. She affably ignored his evident desire to skewer her where she stood, and responded as diplomatically as she was inclined to - which was to say with the utmost courtesy, far too many words with much less meaning than they should have had, and only the barest hint of derision that couldn't quite officially be identified as such. "My lord has noticed your... shall we say 'interest' in the exodus point. I have been sent to ascertain your inclinations towards our territories, and encourage a pre-conflict resolution that is mutually satisfactory."

She was mistaken this was containment if we had decided to attack there would be nothing left of their pitiful civilization. This was the "humanitarian" option legends abound in the old tablets written thousands of years ago of the first expedition within this place no one knew how or where the whirlpool came from. There was speculation though that it could have been formed by Poseidon himself as a prison for monsters or that it was their original home to the monsters of the deep but those legends didn't matter. What did matter was that most of the expedition died on the other side and when the survivors returned they only lived long enough to hand over a story of ever-increasing madness and death. To this day the full text had been censored being deemed as harmful to the public at large. King Rath had only viewed the text himself once and even then he never wanted to look at it ever again.

Rath measured his options for a moment thinking on whether to go on and try to kill this "ambassador" or to allow us to speak and hopefully come to a beneficial agreement to keep Annette and her "lord" out of Atlantis and away from the oceans forever. "Ambassador Annette Arquor of the Moor; I am Orm Rath King of Atlantis. As for our interest in your exodus point, we are aware of the recent events on the surface and have merely moved our military to contain a perceived threat to Atlantis and the surface world. At this point in time, we are only concerned with containment of a situation no violence unless your side engages in a hostile act," a small lie the hostile act was crossing over back into our ocean in which we would have fired immediately but the military had not been in position. Yet that was a different conversation for a different time and person.

"For such an agreement to work we need information about your side such as if your planning to attack the surface again, what your interests are in this world so that we can both steer clear and as for your lord it might be for the best to speak with him if we are to come to any form of peace." Peace for only a short time before their true plans are ascertained these shadow people cannot be allowed to gain a permanent foothold if they desire to spread their monstrosities across the planet.

@rapax:

"Saying I'm under one sky father or the next is a good way to insight more of this, so I try to avoid saying who." The Angel remarked with a slight shrug a hint of human sass being allowed. "Thought it right to come down see what was being praise for though, if I had an Ares devotee to be concerned about or an Athena worshiper to assist. Or whoever one wishes to prey to you catch my drift I'm sure." Destiny of course perhaps do to being a half breed tried to pay respect to any and all followers and be there for them.

The remaining Atlantean guards traded worried glances at the fact they had just attacked a messenger of the Gods themselves and wondered what kind of punishment they could face at this transgression against their messenger. Would Zeus smite them or would the realm of Hades be that much worse when they would die and some began to throw down their weapons praying to any Greek god that would listen for forgiveness for the attack made on their servant. "We deeply apologize for the attack made on your person messenger please tell the Gods we didn't expect them to send someone to check on us. We thought you may be an intruder from the surface but that still means you have broken a very important law against teleportation. Regardless we should take you to the King immediately so that you can have the information you seek." If the messenger decided to follow the mage she would be taken on a walk through the streets of Atlantis to meet King Rath in the Royal Palace.

Several minutes later the walk would be over and inside the throne room Rath sat eyeing the messenger before asking,"So what can we do for a messenger of the Gods?"

@pandorika:

"There's really a lot of emotional tension down here." Pandorika observed after a few moments of silence. "It's normal for people to fear and distrust what they don't understand though, so I shouldn't judge too harshly." She smiled a little and turned her attention fully to her guide. "You're not afraid though, what makes you not afraid? You seem more eager to find out what you don't know."

Tula watched the display for a moment before turning away disgusted with the actions of the few against their fellow Atlanteans and looking back at her newfound friend. The question she asked wasn't exactly an easy one to answer and required a moment to think about what her father had taught her so long when she was just a curious child asking questions expecting a simple answer to be given when in reality no such answer could be given.

"My father taught me early not to hate the surface for their actions he said that what both of our societies wanted was survival and that for us to thrive we need to help each other grow. I can't hate them because the surface doesn't know what they do and they don't have a better way. Someday when we come to the surface, however, we do that the world can learn a better way to live from us and maybe someday we can stop hating and fearing the surface." She gave a smile and waited for her friend to respond before moving on through the market.

Fallen_Savant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cvu_atlantis

"King Rath. You mistake me if you think I am offering to subjugate our realm to yours. Let me be more clear. Remove your ships and your soldiers, and improve the quality of your spies so that they do not affront us. We do not wish to go to war, but neither are we going to wait for your nation to set the noose and draw it ever tighter. Should you wish to speak to Lord William, you are more than welcome to send an ambassador, whom we will welcome courteously. Other parties within twenty leagues of our exodus point after a fortnight will be removed, forcibly if necessary. We are uninterested in being 'contained.'" The word dripped with venom, bitter and unrestrained. Annette had met him politely as an ambassador, but an ambassador's role was to make the needs of her nation clear. It was not to allow a foreign power to dictate orders as to how her realm ought to behave.

If Lord Rath wished to order someone around, she was certain that he had people for that. Annette intended to make sure that the aforementioned remained his own people, and not hers.

Rapax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cvu_atlantis:

No Caption Provided

"Relax" the angel remarked with a slight nod to the guards. "It's something I can forgive" and with that she relinquished the influence of her ocular abilities. Freeing those who suffered for their sins from the penance done upon them. Way Destiny saw it the actions of her Predatory path could be a blessing or curse depending on the way they chose to be receptive to the effects. For some it was a haunting reminder serving as a reflection they didn't want to see. For others a chance to see their faults and grow beyond them. Her hope was that they would take this as their atonement and look to be more.

From there the pearl haired angel followed passing through the streets and its various people. She could sense the response of someone of the surface, of possible evil that might come to be upon her. Most were fleeting and barely picked up just ideas it didn't deserve judgment. Some though she could tell wanted to destroy her and such beauty the side of these people that was evil and only some what in check at the time. "Would you rather I swim down here next time? Laws have value, but conditions and circumstances should exist." The slightest hint of her human half being allowed to briefly show itself. Sass that might have been unbecoming of a pure bred angel.

Eventually she finds herself before the king and bows only enough to show respect. She serves under those she holds higher then the man but shows acknowledgment all the same. "Destiny Salvat Ion" she starts with an introduction and a fraction of a captivating smile. Amused by the name she'd been given. "I want to know your intentions for this kingdom, it seems fated to venture into more now. So to what end" was it for something glorious and with virtue or out of greed was what the angel was here to find out.

CVU_Atlantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallen_savant:

"King Rath. You mistake me if you think I am offering to subjugate our realm to yours. Let me be more clear. Remove your ships and your soldiers, and improve the quality of your spies so that they do not affront us. We do not wish to go to war, but neither are we going to wait for your nation to set the noose and draw it ever tighter. Should you wish to speak to Lord William, you are more than welcome to send an ambassador, whom we will welcome courteously. Other parties within twenty leagues of our exodus point after a fortnight will be removed, forcibly if necessary. We are uninterested in being 'contained.'" The word dripped with venom, bitter and unrestrained. Annette had met him politely as an ambassador, but an ambassador's role was to make the needs of her nation clear. It was not to allow a foreign power to dictate orders as to how her realm ought to behave.

King Rath began to ready his response and raise his hand until an advisor rushed to side with a warning speaking in Greek hoping the unexpected guest wouldn't understand what was said." Ο βασιλιάς μου, θα ήταν άσχημο να επιτεθεί σε αυτόν τον πρεσβευτή. Αυτό θα ξεκινήσει έναν πόλεμο και θα θέσει τα σχέδιά μας σε αναμονή για την επιφάνεια. Προτείνω αντ 'αυτού να κάνουμε συμβιβασμούς και να παραμείνουμε ειρηνικοί με αυτούς τους ανθρώπους για τουλάχιστον μέχρι να ξέρουμε τι έχουμε να αντιμετωπίσουμε."

"My King, it would be ill-advised to attack this ambassador. This would start a war and put our plans on hold for the surface. I suggest instead that we compromise and stay at peace with these people for now at least until we know what we're up against."

King Rath mumbled to himself for a moment out of annoyance knowing that his advisor was right but also wanting this human to die for trespassing through Atlantis territory and turning his head slightly he gave the advisor a nod. Now was not the time for war,"It is not you we are trying to contain your power over shadows and your attack on the surface has concerned us. We have no wish to enter or subjugate what you would call the exodus point," pausing for a moment King Rath thought on what to do. "I believe we can come to some kind of agreement but we can not completely withdraw from the area it has been a mission of Atlantis to watch for threats against this planet and beat them back. The observation post has no weapons but we will withdraw our attack subs a short distance so that you feel safe and if you wish to open talks of trade we could hear it here or from the ruler of your Kingdom when we sign or agree to a more formal treaty." Trade would be an excellent way to learn of potential enemies and knowing if they intend something violent towards this world again. But for now, a compromise was necessary we couldn't attack or contain an enemy we didn't know about.

@rapax:

From there the pearl haired angel followed passing through the streets and its various people. She could sense the response of someone of the surface, of possible evil that might come to be upon her. Most were fleeting and barely picked up just ideas it didn't deserve judgment. Some though she could tell wanted to destroy her and such beauty the side of these people that was evil and only some what in check at the time. "Would you rather I swim down here next time? Laws have value, but conditions and circumstances should exist." The slightest hint of her human half being allowed to briefly show itself. Sass that might have been unbecoming of a pure bred angel.

Eventually she finds herself before the king and bows only enough to show respect. She serves under those she holds higher then the man but shows acknowledgment all the same. "Destiny Salvat Ion" she starts with an introduction and a fraction of a captivating smile. Amused by the name she'd been given. "I want to know your intentions for this kingdom, it seems fated to venture into more now. So to what end"was it for something glorious and with virtue or out of greed was what the angel was here to find out.

The mage just continued to walk and only responded with," The King has authority here it is for him to decide." Until they would reach the Palace and the Messenger would be led inside to see that Rath sat on the throne with the Trident of Poseidon in hand," He will help you," and with a slight bow, the mage would leave the King and the Messenger alone.

King Rath wore a surprised face for a moment over the fact the messenger introduced herself first and listened for a moment hearing what she had to say before explaining what she had done and answering her question." Quite odd that you would teleport to Atlantis our law outlaws such magic so that the entity invoked for teleportation doesn't try to come back to our world or influence the individual or individuals. But clearly, a Messenger of the Gods is safe from this as the power was granted to you by the Gods but you may want to warn us first before you come next time. As for my intentions at the moment if the Gods need to know we are planning to come back to the surface and reveal ourselves to the world taking our position as one of the most powerful kingdoms on the planet." The Gods need not know the problems of Atlantis or how we intend to take this position on the planet." If you are asking we will continue our ancient duties bestowed upon us long ago. Do not worry we will continue to serve our purpose."