Mutual Interests (Closed RP between Vael and Maverick)

Vael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vael

Three days ago in the Presidential Palace, Paris France:

Vael had discarded her Void Terror abilities and shifted back into her traditional clothing. She stood quietly gazing out of one of the palace's many vast windows onto the city of Paris with a frustrated gleam in her eyes. It seemed every step forward was met with three steps backward. She had been working on her relationship with Cognus, developing his attraction for her and carefully working her way into his inner circle. Certainly saving his life in the attack on his military base had done nothing to harm that...but his injuries ensured a bit of a problem all their own. With Cognus healing the government of France was left somewhat in limbo, he had yet to appoint anyone to take control in such a situation and her access to him had been cut off by concerned doctors and nurses, at least for the time being.

She took a drink of her red wine, swirled it in the glass for a moment and picked up the printed out message she'd found in his office, it was for him from Maverick. Well...

She smirked and left the room. She found the nearest aide and arranged for a message affirmation to be sent to Maverick and a request for a one on one meeting at the Presidential Palace. If they wanted a meeting they would have one and Vael would step in while Cognus was down. If he finds the government run well in his absence, he'll be more inclined to listen to me. One door closes, another one opens.

Vael spent the rest of the evening traveling between New Orleans and Paris via teleportation. She had plenty of more equipment to move to increase the size and capacity of the Legio Gallia, plus she wanted a more impressive dress in which to meet the Maverick representative.

As the time drew near for the meeting she left her work and changed.

No Caption Provided

Like many of her dresses, this one was made of the finest quality fabrics and silks and cost more than most people earned in a year. She stood quietly, once more looking out onto Paris, contemplating the age of the city, it's intricate architecture and the once noble tradition of Monarchy that had ruled over it for centuries. She waited for Maverick's representative to arrive or for some other form of contact to be made.

The last Queen of France made a long series of mistakes on the way to her death at the hands of the rabble peasants, I do hope Cognus doesn't apply the same mistakes, I'd hate to see his head and body separated. The people of this country have forgotten their history, they're mocked as surrender artists and weaklings, yet they were once one of the most powerful empires in the world. This is what happens when you give government into the filthy hands of the unwashed masses.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vael:

She was the last thing anyone might expect of a Maverick. Utterly different. Her suit hung loosely along her body, covering much of it. She was here for a meeting, not a party.

The outfit was as thin as any other of it's kind and yet still able to incorporate a degree of armoring into it. Newtonian Fluid filled it's spider-silk layers, a layer of graphene sandwiching it within and giving it an uncanny, artificial sheen. It was enough to absorb some degree of smalls arms fire, to the point of making it that a shot point blank would perhaps mean a broken rib. Then there were the gaps in the shoulders. But, it was ultimately a bulletproof suit.

"Hello, Ms. Vael."

She spoke smoothly and no matter how deeply one would look, her smile was genuine. Fueled by ambition and ego, budding from a reputation of playing a large hand in the affairs of one of, if not the, most powerful and effective private military corporation on the planet. Wherever she walked, she was seldom alone. And she even less, felt as though she was in any sort of actual danger. Power hung at her literal finger tips, and few knew the kind of power she did enjoy.

"I'm sorry to hear of Mr. Mercier. It was surprising to hear that he had gotten caught up in the conflict at hand of his own volition. Symbolic value. An admirable attempt." But he is a fool. He thought he was in control, but he clearly was not. "I hope he recovers swiftly. But, I like to think that not one to beat around the bush. So, let's get down to business Ms. Vael. I have made great strides in our tracking of this threat, but I require your assistance to act."

Vael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6:

Vael turned from the window and offered a genuine smile. To her way of thinking, Moya and Maverick were the warrior class, worthy of praise and high rank even if they weren't necessarily nobility. There was no denying their effectiveness as warriors either. They had turned the tide of the earlier battle and she'd since read up on their history. Vael was an avid reader and absorbed information at a genius level capacity, it was how she had managed to adapt to such a different world from her own so quickly, reading...lots of reading.

"I wish he would have stayed out of it myself, but I know his thinking and he believes France must be lead from the front." She snapped her fingers and pointed to one of the servants in the room. He nodded and departed swiftly. It was not long before he returned with two glasses of high quality French wine which he placed on a table for the two of them.

"if you need the assistance of France, it is at your disposal, I know he wants to get these traitors as swiftly as possible. If you need my personal assistance, you have that as well. Whatever you need, name it and we will arrange for it." She picked up one of the glasses and offered it personally to her guest. "We must put an end to this terrorism, because if it succeeds in France, it will spread like a plague. I cannot put the French military into action without the government's consent...but I can activate the Legio Gallia."

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Maverick_6

@vael:

Her grin grew wider, and she grew hungry.

"The primary thing I require is consent to operate in France. Of course, we need every bit of aid we can." She takes her phone, flipping it up. On it, rests several tracking beacons radiating throughout the area, with a complex set of lines that with the flick of a finger, Moya flickers away.

"These the positions of numerous soldiers we tagged and released in the conflict, left in their homes. If you allow us, we can act proactively on this information and strike at each one where they are most vulnerable, after having tracked where they've been, who they've associated with and where they live. This can provide valuable insight to their network of resources and how they operate here."

She leaned forward a bit, her eyes wide and the words flowing from her mouth as she spoke. No rehersal, simply she was a on roll and each syllable fell out without the wider, The corners of her mouth turning more straight.

No Caption Provided

"This threat that we can finally react to pre-emptively, Ms. Vael. You saw the video. He seeks to take that battle and turn it into weakness. When in reality, we can supplement that gap in the French Armed forces. We require consent to operate with your law enforcement to approach this at all."

She goes back into her seat, her hands locked together, a moment taken to brush her hair from her face to behind her head.

"This is a disaster that we can take proactive measure measure to mitigate, and possibly even stomp in it's entirety before it even happens. Between law enforcement, us and the"Legio Gallia" we could possibly prevent this "rebellion" all together, Ms. Vael."

Vael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6:

Vael wasn't one for carrying technology on her, she didn't have a phone, for example, but she did understand it. Vael leaned over a little, her eyes scanning over the device as Moya worked it to show the various readouts and information they had acquired. "Oh yes, I saw the video." Vael confirmed with a slight smirk. "I saw a man proclaiming his own death sentence." She took a sip of her wine and walked to one of the large windows she enjoyed standing in front of so much. Her eyes lingered on Paris once again but her mind shifted back to a different world altogether. Unfortunately there was a gnawing hole in her memory, a gap she kept struggling to fill and her disgust with the pathetic rebels grew exponentially as she redirected frustration with herself onto others.

No Caption Provided

"Do whatever you have to, crush them into the dirt." She turned to face the other woman again, the anger she'd built at herself successfully turned against rebels she truly didn't care about. "France has made these mistakes in the past, give them an inch and they take your head. I want those rebels off the streets, I want their network destroyed and I want their leader..." She pointed to the floor in front of her. "Right here in chains." Vael walked to a small couch side table, tracing her fingers over a metallic armillary sphere. As her fingers traced over it, esoteric energies began to crackle between various points on the sphere and inside of its inner workings. "You tell me where you need support and you'll have all the support you'll ever need." She pulled her hand away and the energy vanished.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vael:

Her eyes belayed an inquisitive nature to her if one looked deeply. This woman, the Vael, was clearly different from others in this profession, she seemed almost to hail from another age, with the way she had come to govern. Every mannerism of the woman. The way she wore such a dress to a meeting like this, what the dress was made of, the way that she ordered wine for the two and the way she ordered everything. Her almost iron fist methodology to politics, reminiscent of times of old.

She doesn't seem to attempt to understand them. Her disconnect from the people is very evident in her and the president's policies. That, in combination with anti-metahuman policies, it's no wonder the people are rebelling. It's very clear what it is that they are doing and the people are smart enough to see what will happen next. The only question now, is how does the World Respond? Will we be to blame for what will occur next? Or will I be the one to send this all crashing down upon them should the time come? We'll see.

I know one thing. There will be blood for the beasts.

It didn't take her more than a moment to gather her words.

"I think we'll get along very well, Ms. Vael."
Vael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6:

"As do I." Vael said with her trademark smile. "I have researched your company's track record, it is most impressive." Vael said, some of the anger fading from her eyes, at least for the moment. "I must admit, I was relieved when your forces arrived at the base, we were hard pressed to continue the defense long enough for military forces to mobilize. I understand that your company frequently works as what you might call Mercenaries." She took a drink of her wine and set the glass down by the Armillary Sphere. "I may have future business for you once this is dealt with."

I've always enjoyed the company of warriors and though this woman wears a suit, she has Knight written all over her. She would make an excellent Vassal, though I suspect she'd balk at such an offer. More likely she would choose to remain a Mercenary. "Was there anything else I can offer you?"