Multipass Changing (READ IF you want to keep old alt accounts)

• 101 results
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Final Arrow

It seems the Multi-Pass system is changing again, which means anyone who does not have their alt accounts signed up against an E-mail account with Multi-pass connected run the chance of losing these alts, any alt account made up over a year ago that does not connect to a Multi pass will, from what I understand be gone as of the change. We have no idea when this will happen or how, we never even got told about this issue until it was brought up in Bug Reporting about something else that relates to this.

Here is the link below to the Bug Reporting page, see Captain Cascader reply to Dark Huntress on the 2 page, myself and another user asked for Cap to put this up in the RPG forum about four days ago and nothing has happened so I thought it best to let you all be aware of this change.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/bug-reporting/2/multi-pass-rantunable-to-agree-to-terms-of-service-bug/626011/#37

Fatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Fatal

This is rather frustrating.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Nerx

Dangit

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Izaiah

What's going to happen to non-linked accounts?  Will they be deleted (along with their posts), or will they just be impossible to access?

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By iLLituracy

Sounds like a pain...

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Darkchild

ive linked who i want the other day and still p!sses me off

if they get locked ill simply make a new account, but this sh!t pisses me off

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By EdwardWindsor

i have 3 different email accounts for my characters so iam good right?

Stream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Stream

Omfg...i dont even wanna be on the vine no more..

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Final Arrow

@lazystudent: You should be if those are the accounts you want to keep

@Stream: Extreme

@Darkchild: I SWEAR TO GOD IF I HAVE TO EDIT ONE MORE OF YOUR POSTS................STRAIGHT TO THE MOON

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EdwardWindsor
@Final Arrow:  well i have only made 2 others and lost the deatils for them one was lost when i tried pairing it with this account last time they screwed about with the log ins
2Gunz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By 2Gunz
@Final Arrow said:

@lazystudent: You should be if those are the accounts you want to keep

@Stream: Extreme

@Darkchild: I SWEAR TO GOD IF I HAVE TO EDIT ONE MORE OF YOUR POSTS................STRAIGHT TO THE MOON

Nah its just i have some many damn account that im active with...and not enough emails. 
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'm not linking jack so I'll let you all know what happens (if anything) once the change is made.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Final Arrow

@Gambler: Please tell me this acccounts not linked :p

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Final Arrow
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EdwardWindsor
@Final Arrow:  you banishing DC to 3rd moon of omicron persei 8?
CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By CellphoneGirl

<--- Not happy :/ 

Creating a new email is so boring lol

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Darkchild

@Final Arrow: im not bleeping p!sses cuz theirs no need to. its not a swear word, but ill remember to bleep everything else

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Final Arrow

@Darkchild: Yes you are, but it was sh!t you missed !!!

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Darkchild
@Final Arrow: why?
Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

@Gambler: It's already happened..

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Final Arrow

@Darkchild: Cause this is not mexico :p, plus I will only edit it if I see it :p wink wink

talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By talon_x23

How dose the site know an alt account from a main? Their all accounts I have the same Email on my main account as on my alt accounts, how dose the system decide which account will be inaccessible and which will not? Dose it depend on time or possibly the one you log into or is it random chance? Or dose it have to do with which ever account you singed up with a multi pass that's the account that stays? Because if so dose that not mean that you could possibly if you used you're same email address for you're main account ultimately lose it?  

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#24  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Final Arrow: Question: So I made my WK account a multipass, but I have an alt with the same email address, so when this crap finally  goes down, does that just mean my alt will be lost but my main account will be fine, or will anything happen because they both have the same email?
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Mercy_
@Talon/X23 Multi-pass is the one that stays.

You won't lose the account. Just follow Arrow's instructions for logging into them and then go change the e-mail address to one that isn't used on any other accounts.
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Darkchild
@Final Arrow: then ill let u edit it hahaha
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mercy_
@War Killer
@Final Arrow: Question: So I made my WK account a multipass, but I have an alt with the same email address, so when this crap finally  goes down, does that just mean my alt will be lost but my main account will be fine, or will anything happen because they both have the same email?
It's already started happening.

Basically what's going on is that all accounts need to be multi-pass if you want to access them. Any account created after they started the multi-pass system is automatically one, so don't worry about them.

You can only use the same email once, so what you need to do before making it a multipass is use Arrow's work around to go into the accept and then change the email address.

Next time you log into the account, make it a multi-pass and you should be all set.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mercy_
@Gambler Wait...your main isn't linked? 0_o
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#29  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@The Dark Huntress: But if I have two account with the same email and I only make one a multipass and just let whatever happens to the alt  will it effect my account that's already been converted or will it be fine?
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Darkchild
@The Dark Huntress: hes a mod, he didnt need to upgrade back then i believe. He was automatically in the system
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mercy_
@Darkchild Being a mod shouldn't automatically link you into the multi-pass system.

@War Killer I have no idea what's gonna happen when they do whatever they're planning. As it is now, if you share e-mails between accounts and you haven't linked your main into multi-pass, go into your alt and change the email before you do anything. Don't take the risk of losing your main.
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Darkchild
@The Dark Huntress: hell if i know then hahaha 

im still fuming about this whole thing.
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Darkchild

Ok i have kept my thoughts too myself and my wife for too long 

Way back when this whole Multi-Pass first went into creation and we all had to link our accounts i gave my small two cents, and then proceeded to grip about it to my fiance. No more cuz this is a slap in the face to not only me (I have been here since the early days of Comicvine, so five friggin years) but to every single viner on this site. 

I understand the need to "keep this site running" I really honest to god do, needing to pay for somethings is understandable. I dont like it cuz I am a cheap f#ck but blame my upbringing on that (Father always said, if theirs expensive things their are the same exact things for a much cheaper price) but not warning a single friggin person NOT EVEN YOUR OWN MOD's about something that will change the entire site FOREVER is quite a b!tch move.  

I among MANY others have put time, hell even our friggin lives into this site. We have brought (now paying) members to your site for five years, and all we get for it is a blank screen or a "Login Failed" unannounced? What the heck guys? Didnt even give us a shirt come on now (lol trying to keep this as nice as i possibly can) 

I know of a few users who upon learning of your.....oops have decided to go elsewhere if it gets anyworse. And if these people leave, a whole group of people will decide whether or not to stay here (Mind you some of these people deciding PAY YOU FOR BEING HERE!) that is a BIG chunk of money GONE. Yeah some of us have awesome jobs or money to spend (not me, not anytime soon) so the site will keep on trucking. But come on, what does that show everyone else looking in. Or better yet, what does that show the people those people are going to vent on about this whole thing. It will tell them that you do not care about us, simply the money. 

Now I know for a fact that not all of you are like that, people like Ethan, Cap, G-man and Babs wont joyfully take our money an shove the preverbial broom handle up our keesters. But come on, it sure doesnt make you guys look very caring when things like this happen and we get no warnings. Im not even talking about the updates the random a## ones that come in the dead middle of a post, Ive developed a photographic memory so i remember exactly what I wrote so no biggy. Its these big game changing events that go without warning that pi$$ people like me, our CV boyscout, and the Scotsman off.  

If the people I am worried about leaving do end up leaving after this, I am sad to say I am leaving as well. Because it would no longer be a fun place to rpg, yeah there are some epic writers an viners (DH, Bob, etc etc) but this is my family. A much nicer version, but you guy's are my family. If my brothers an sisters leave, I need to go with the family.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By 614azrael
@Final Arrow
for starters that racoon av O.O is the sh!t lol
Secondly will this effect alts that have there own email acounts? All of mine have been in the same year and by a diffrent email acount
Tiamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Tiamat

(Andy here for those who don't know.)

A number of people have already heard/read me voice my side of this. So I won't bore the rest of you with it. Long story made short. Is it discouraging? Yes. 
The only thing I can say is. I can't wait for BioWare's Star Wars; The Old Republic to be officially released. 

@Darkchild said:

Its these big game changing events that go without warning that pi$$ people like me, our CV boyscout, and the Scotsman off.
lol
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mercy_

@Tiamat: TIA! xD

Tiamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Tiamat
@The Dark Huntress: ^_^
<---neck still hurts >_<
Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By Aiden Cross

Yeah... no surprise here. Crappy update... two months later... crappier update... two months later... even crappier update.. etc.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By 614azrael
@Tiamat
LOL all you can say is you cant wait for Old Republic :P you there spokes person yet?
Tiamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Tiamat
@614azrael said:
You their spokes person yet?
Possibly... just an underpaid one. As in one that does not get paid for it. lol
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mercy_

@Tiamat said:

@The Dark Huntress: ^_^
<---neck still hurts >_<

Poor baby :P Wanna massage?

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#42  Edited By Aiden Cross
@Tiamat: Where's my access code....?
Tiamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Tiamat
@The Dark Huntress: Yes.
This heat pad just ain't cutting it. lol

@Aiden Cross
I'm working on it. lol
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Mercy_
@Tiamat I'll get started right on that ;p
614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By 614azrael
@Tiamat
lol you ought to be ;D you and ReEn seem to be more hooked into the game than anyone around and isnt even out yet
Tiamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Tiamat
@614azrael: Reen and I have known about and been waiting for this game for 4 years now.
~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#47  Edited By ~The Wanderer~

Extremely infuriating, especially since it wasn't long ago I had account access issues, and the fact that AOL is being a b*tch (randomly blocking the alt. email IDs I've made for various CV alts and then demanding password resets to restore them, among other things)...

Tiamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Tiamat
@~The Wanderer~ said:
(randomly blocking the alt. email IDs I've made for various CV alts and then demanding password resets to restore them, among other things)...
I've come across this as well with one of my two email accounts. It will not receive emails from CV.
Xiuhtonal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Xiuhtonal
@Tiamat said:
I've come across this as well with one of my two email accounts. It will not receive emails from CV.
Yeah sometimes CV mail get sorted into spam, but that's not what I'm talking about...the email accounts themselves get blocked.
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Hawk

I'll take my paddling after this:

I've been complaining about this fecal matter for almost a year now. This is the same crap that has gone on over and over. Listen to your sex-addicted? customers! You know those ads that are on the screen.....if you don't have viewers....companies won't pay to put their synonym for ads there. How many times to we have to scream that Multipass REAAALLLLY sucks. Yes I understand it's a way to let people see your other products......I just want to see one....and I can't even do that well. Who the hell is running the business development at Whiskey. Put his cyberself on here and let him explain why the another expletive this is a good thing. Then I'll give him 50 reasons why not. This is some JV this is getting old that's going on. We all have been EXTREMELY loyal over the years, through terrible change after terrible change.

I can't say enough how disappointed I am that not only do the users (customers of the site) seem to just get ignored over and over again, but how as the Vine and other media outlets have grown......the thing that made it great (the personal attention of the staff) has just up and gone away.

This place was a great place to discuss comics and RPG but now I feel not like I'm walking into my local comic shop.....but that I'm logging into Barnes and Noble. Has success ruined a great site? Has the influx of money with ads and pay subscription changed the goal of Whiskey?

Don't tell me that y'all (The Staff) got into this to make money, I know that nonsense isn't the case. Just put out a product that your customers actually like.....how do you do that? Listen!

We absolutely hate Multi Pass, Your search engine sucks.......... Now fix this stuff that I just complained about or we WILL find another place to go!

Peace I'm out