X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By X-Rey

@icefire_outlaw:

I smiled as I finally decided to talk again. "Glad you accepted, you had me very nervous at first. Now we'll be together forever and ever."

VictorAdams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By VictorAdams

@rey_everdeen: @icefire_outlaw: Hey guys so I've noticed that your interaction has cluttered up the thread which is making it hard for myself(Neuromind) and Reynard to interact. The high quantity of short posts is the culprit behind this and I was wondering if you could move your interaction to a new thread(Like the IC club)/PM.

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rey_everdeen: "That sounds wonderful," I said softly with a smile. All my voices had fallen silent, allowing me to think clearly for the first town in years.

ltlredwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@victoradams: Hey it's icefire, sorry I somehow missed this post earlier. I think Rey and I just finished here, I'll shoot him a pm just to double check.

_Reynard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neuromind:

No Caption Provided

You realize that if you do that. You’ll be going to war with the most powerful country in the world, right? Heroes are going to turn against us and hunt us down. The villains are going to go after us too. Every mercenary is going to be taking us as contracts.” Atticus’s voice deepened. For a brief moment, he actually sounded like he took something seriously.

Not only that. But you’re going to leave Mars open for an attack. It might even start a war and result in the death of millions” He exclaimed, revealing that he in fact knew who he was all along.

Our friends and family will be specifically targeted.”

We’ll probably die.”

A brief pause.

I’m in.” He extended his hand.

Neuromind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_reynard_:

His helmet slid back into place, individual plates locking down and obscuring his features from view.

"Good to know I was right about you Reynard. I'll be in touch."

Everything Reynard had said was true and that meant that convincing others to jump on board would be twice as hard. Not everyone would be as receptive to his cause, especially not the team. They were all driven by a sense of justice, an idea that he had once shared until justice had torn away the last remaining scraps of hope he had. Now all he wanted was to fix it, to burn it all to the ground and rebuild the system. With Reynard on board that goal might just become a bit more feasible.

Bitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Yeah, Mom, the campus is great."

As Daniel Vega sat on the beach of white sand, glancing to and fro nervously for any sounds that might give him away, he spoke into his phone with a low voice, slowly starting to remember his alibi. He was in Miami, visiting the University. Or so he told her. As the tanned yet scrawny metahuman stood up, he yawned, and listened to his mother. What she had looked up about the University of Miami, what she knew of studying for tests, ideals about staying away from 'trashy' Miami girls... Dragging his eyes away from a particular pair of Miami girls, Daniel began to walk, answering his mom with the occasional 'yeah' or 'mm-hm".

While this conversation droned on, however, he felt a particular tingling in his right arm, something that had been all too familiar in the past couple of weeks. "Uh, mom, I'm gonna have to call you back, I'm going on a tour of the... Uh..." He somehow failed to come up with a fib, eyes fixated on the arm that was becoming less and less his arm, as a newer, more metallic skin grafted itself into place. "The... library." Without another word, he hung up, putting the phone in his shorts pocket. "What is it now?" He scoffed aloud, eyes glancing to the stares that he was beginning to get. People dropping their shaved ices, loudly exclaiming "what the fudge," one woman downright screaming. It was a horrifying thing to watch, and as Vega looked at his own arm, he couldn't help but agree.

Now that his phone was away, the suit proceeded, now grafting through the skin on his neck, his chest, his legs. His entire body shifted from average human skin to a black and blue material, hard metal that could be related to the exoskeleton of an insect.

It was pretty rad, some would argue.

However, the damned thing didn't even work right.

Initiating combat procedure.

"What? What combat procedure?!" He exclaimed. Daniel had been in the suit twice, total. The first time, he woke up in it, over the course of a night fueled with fever dreams and nightmares. The second time, he had fallen down a flight of stairs... and, luckily, managed to hit the bottom step without cracking his skull open, thanks to the suit itself. For that, Daniel could not deny it was helpful, but at the difficulty and cost it provided, it was hard to identify many good omens.

In his mind, a few pictures flashed. The shaved ice stand that stood two hundred yards before him. Specifically, the acne-coated operator. In the images that he saw, he witnessed the operator taking money out of the register, and putting it into his pocket. Normally not a problem, except for the fact that the man was not the owner of the cart, as a later image showed his boss talking to him angrily.

Crime: Theft.

"No! What!?" Daniel exclaimed, but the suit was adamant, and his right hand shifted. Two blue steel prongs fired out from the forearm of his arm, electrical sparks connecting them in what he could only assume was a taser of sorts. He walked up to the cart, only partially willing, and cleared his throat, having to make things up on the spot just to save his own neck. "Uh... Hello. I saw you s-stealing, from the cash register..." He coughed, taser-hand never ceasing to point at the cashier.

Within moments, the boy was putting money back into the register, even more money than was most likely taken.

Justice Restored. Punishment: Not Delivered.

With that, the arm with the taser launched forward against Daniel Vega's will, and he screamed in resistance. But the exoskeleton proved to be the superior, and collided directly with the cashier's chest, sending him reeling back, until he collapsed on the sand, twitching uncontrollably.

"OH MY GOD, WHAT THE FUDGE!?!"

Daniel's screams of surprise only mirrored those of the people around him, and he started to run as far away from the beach as he could, taser still flailing around on his right arm.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By lowlaville

@bitan:

(Power of NPC)

Tens of students saw the brazen display of a blue colored robot - was the closest explanation they came across that converged around the arms of the kid. Some just stared at this scene, while there was one who called the cops. Cops were fast to arrive at the scene, took them only 5 minutes. By then, the suspect was free to move as he wished, but there were STUDENTS that could identify him.

This was no less than a terrorist attack at a civilian gathering. However, there were no mass panics, because it was isolated to one incident, and the perpetrator had not killed anyone, and no one was harmed.

-----

5 minutes later:

The cops arrived on scene, and started questioning around. Reports of a blue robot that transformed from a normal looking boy was filed. They would then start to sweep the university trying to find a suspect of given description. With mutants, metahumans and all sorts of peoples with abilities common throughout the world at causing havoc, even the most harmless of these reports were treated with utmost of seriousness.

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt

@bitan: @_reynard_:

In order to watch the walls of your enemies crumble, you must first learn with which you need to tear them down.

---

Siege pulled the thick fur cloak closer around his shoulders, the echoes of civilization swirling around him. It was sickening, how closeted these fools were, bred into a society marginalized by how much money they earned in their lives - not by how much blood they lost. His immense footfalls cracked the concrete underneath him, and people stared. Police were trying to reason with him, but nothing could talk sense into the concept of war - the meaning of conflict, the very roots of battle.

A force of nature, a hurricane of violence, Siege happened to impede the progress of traffic due to the commotion he caused - but it could not stop him.

With a few swings of his arms, Siege broke the front end of a city bus and caused it to vault outwards into the side of a building. These people were under attack, and they just now realized it, throwing themselves into a panic once the sounds of battle finally rang out in a hollow trumpeting call.

The worst enemy of a fortified city is negligence.

_Reynard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bitan: @thisisgonnahurt:

I suppose it was only a matter of time before Stark went on a killing spree.” Reynard commented to an all new, unfinished model of Dandy, as he watched the attack from the television screen in his warehouse.

Atticus left behind his classic distortion behind as he moved at hypersonic speeds towards the heart of the city. The attack had been going on for about three minutes, but the police had already shown up at the scene and been tossed around.

People were taking pictures and uploading videos to Snapchat. When Reynard appeared, they applauded and kept taking pictures of the entire spectacle. Twenty years ago they would have been running for their lives, even in the midst of danger they became amazed by it.

Atticus scanned the body of the android looking for any weaknesses in the armor, revealing that the machine was unnamed. How typical it was for Stark to never actually be in the middle of a battle. Still, it meant that he wouldn’t have to worry about killing him.

This is going to be really satisfying. I never liked you Stark. The way I see it you represent everything that’s wrong with this country and superheroes these days.”

You’re a capitalist asshole, you’re a selfish, amoral scumbag, and you served the government.”

_Gaige_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ open or ya peeps wanting to go it without back up?

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_reynard_:

"Stark?"

Siege didn't take into account anything else the new hero mentioned or casually said, almost as if he were talking to someone beneath the armor or behind a set of headphones. There was no recording equipment inside the walking war machine - only hatred. He sized up the enemy now approaching him, the backdraft of his supersonic speed registering in his computerized consciousness. Siege already estimated the cataclysmic worth of his opponent, and planned accordingly. Though he knew himself well, the next mistake of an attacker was not knowing his enemy. The best way to understand what he was about to encounter was through attrition.

But the mention of his creator's name struck a chord within Siege's psyche, hammering against his mind like steel on an anvil. He visibly twitched his neck as he turned towards Reynard, the cape whipping around in the sonic boom of his rival's grandiose entrance.

"I'm afraid you have me confused with someone else," the bitterness in his emulated voice was palpable. "Someone I, too, hate with a passion. Yet you surround yourself with the admiration of the brainwashed masses. Are they scared of you? Or are they too accustomed to the interference of others? In the heat of battle, when there are no angels, when the civilians are left to their own vices, will they fight or flee? Their conditioning is that of lambs, or cattle. And they will be slaughtered,"

Siege stepped forward, thousands of pounds of compressed steel shaking the foundation of the street they stood on. He was not moving.

He was not going to surrender.

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_gaige_:

I think Nox wants it a two-on-one between Reynard and Bitan vs Siege.

If you want you can post in Elkton.

_Gaige_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thisisgonnahurt:

I got a post for that typed up, I was just interested in Gaige helping here rather then not helping or double teaming with myself

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zebediah_Shale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: I'm definitely going to start something here soon with this guy. Got to have my hands in all the pockets.

Anyone in particular that Zeb would have to speak with on the drug and gun running front

Bitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thisisgonnahurt@_reynard_

Of course it was the luck of Daniel Vega to run smack dab into the middle of a metahuman clash. Running down the street with what might have been an enhanced speed (for he never recalled running so quickly without the power suit), his eye immediately caught the large, metal behemoth that was currently terrorizing the city bus. Finally doing something that both he and the suit agreed upon, Daniel slammed on the brakes, soles of his feet shifting to better cope with the friction that the concrete provided him. Daniel's eyes darted across the landscape in front of him. First, the huge robot, the monster that looked like it could eat him. That thing was probably the 'bad guy'...

His eyes now shifted to the plainly clothed 'hero' that floated above. Not exactly suited for battle... But hey, he was flying, so he was special for some reason or another. For now, he assumed that that was a hero. Vega turned his head back to the big monstrosity of steel, and started to turn tail, ready to run, when an aggravating voice spoke into his ear.

Initiating combat procedure.

"No, damn it..." he moaned aloud, but the Bitan armor was not having any of his complaints. His own body reforming itself, his arms turned into cannon barrels, then formed and sealed themselves together- creating one large gun out of the two of his arms. Blue light flaring in the barrel, the suit aimed it towards the giant robot, giving the young man within only moments to get heroic.

"Uh... Eat this... Lamb guy!" He struggled, as a large laser fired, grenade like power headed straight for the hopefully unexpecting robot. The crowd cheered on the attempts of heroism, though it mattered not- as soon as the cannon fired, Bitan reformed his arms, and began to run away, before the big guy killed him.

Heroism was for heroes.

Not for freak accidents.

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bitan:

The second voice to enter his emulated brain didn't cause him as much anger, but it did catch his attention momentarily.

"Lamb guy?" Mostly because of the strange offhand insult hurled his way.

Siege stared into the depths of the sapphire savior's eyes - he had no idea what he was getting himself into. Probably a teenager, an accident leading him here. Almost pitiable if not for the fact that his path took him here. The encarmine laser blast careened towards him, but Siege did as he had always done and weathered the brunt of its power. Not even budging, the Desolator redirected the energy with an unconscious flick of his wrist, an uncaring gesture that absolved the flow of the energy that was once Bitan's and that he now wielded without a second thought. His target was a cluster of civilians he could not care less about, mere lambs for the slaughter.

Now it makes a little bit of sense. Siege pondered to himself. Would have clicked faster if he called me a farmer or shepherd though.

Without pausing, Siege launched an attack of his own and initiated a strength-enhanced jump at the blue wonder with the intent of tackling him into a nearby building and smashing an iron fist into the armored face of what he could only assume to be a normal human boy in the wrong place at the wrong time.

_Reynard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn it.” Atticus said under his breath as the armored amateur entered the arena. He hated teenage superheroes. They were all either a bunch of insecure nerds or egotistic dickheads under the masks. Atticus could smell the stink of Doritos and Mountain Dew inside his mouth. If that wasn’t enough of an indication as to which category Bitan fell under, his lack of remarkable banter and stuttering tone made it impossible not to tell.

Still, accidentally being born as part of one of the worst generations ever was not a reason to for him to die. Otherwise he would have committed mass genocide against the millennials decades ago.

Reynard created a telekinetic shield around the civilians almost instantly. Hopefully now they would realize that it was time to run away from the danger.

No, they only clapped harder. Atticus thought he was about have an aneurysm. Is one of them going to have to die for them to realize that they are in danger? Or will death only entertain the masses even further?

For someone who supposedly hates Stark you look and sound a lot like him.” He insulted as an attempt to redirect Siege’s attention back to him. He flew behind him increasingly fast speeds and attempted to tackle Siege before he could tackle the young hero, Reynard’s brain was formulating a plan to defeat this new adversary, his enhanced brain processing the information he had just gathered and analyzing the data in order to figure out how the suit operates.

The level of arrogance is almost identical.” Atticus would attempt to steer the tackle in an upwards direction, aiming for the heavens above them instead of a building to minimize collateral damage. There was no point in fighting him in the middle of city, it would only cost everyone millions of dollars and probably kill people. Maybe this would serve as a lesson for Bitan about how to deal with high destruction threats. Probably not.

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bitan: @_reynard_:

They landed with a momentous crash, upheaving concrete and the undermost layers of asphalt all in one swift motion. Cracks bled into the sidewalks, popping fire hydrants, setting off car alarms. As the smoke piled on, Siege stood upon undeterred within the broken ash of the Main Street.

Reynard would come into contact with the shock impulse fields, which replied to his physical contact of the Desolator's body with equal - but opposite - force, intent on redirecting him the other way: down. Siege himself was more surprised than jarred by the procedure, and instead landed straight down due to his inability to fly through conventional means. Whether the devastating blow to the Miami cityscape was by Reynard's encounter or by Siege's personal, and altogether quiet, landing was uncertain at this point. Only Reynard, and soon Siege himself, would know the answer.

"You want to know the difference between Stark and myself? Stark lied about a lot of things. He lied about how he made them miserable and profited from it. I'm going to tell you straightaway,"

The dust clearing, Siege reached for Reynard's throat, the combination of repelling forces and Siege's own unnaturally strong grip colliding with Reynard's potential cellular energies making for something altogether unholy in pain level.

"I want to break this country apart. It's what I was made for. A nation running on Stark Enterprises is no country at all, just a monument to his inflated ego. And if I have to take it all down, layer by layer, brick by brick, to show the world just how small it really is - then I'll do it with a big Goddamn smile."

Bitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Oh crap oh crap oh crap oh cr-"

The mammoth of a robot crashed into the backside of the alien-coated metahuman, huge steel fist ramming into the faceplate of the robotic suit. From within, red lights began to flash in Daniel's face, showing him ways that the suit had been damaged, but as he was sent spiraling to the floor, he could feel the damages that were had, as the whole world seemed to spin around him. "crap..." he murmured one more time, before hitting the ground. While Vega was ready to sleep for thirty years, the suit was still very active, and very much looking to defeat the Stark renegade. Legs kicking in, he sprung to his feet, Bitan suit shifting once more as the crowds began to take pictures and whisper amongst themselves, never fully dispersing as much as they should've.

The thing redirected energy. That much the suit could piece together from the ultimately failed attempt earlier. Running a list of possible victorious scenarios.

The suit began to flash several different forms in front of Daniel Vega, and Vega, who's eyes were still spinning in their sockets, vaguely spotted one for too long, giving the hyper-responsive suit an ultimately premature answer. Hands shifting into two thick, spearhead like blades, he witnessed the robot standing over the superhero who attempted to intervene, the two locked in an intense struggle that apparently was not enough from Reynard's part. Without a word, the suit began to run towards the robot, hoping that it's interest in Reynard would give Bitan the opening that he needed. Sprinting at speeds of over a hundred miles per hour, the Insect Intellect leaped up, looking to slash the robot's head off in two swift motions.

With a lack of understanding Siege's true nature of abilities, Bitan would have yet to learn that such a thing would only distract the monstrous android. However, it was hopefully enough to get it off of Reynard, who seemed to actually know what he was doing...

At least, Vega hoped he knew what he was doing.

@_reynard_@thisisgonnahurt

_Reynard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The attacks had all failed, but at least he had gotten to understand his opponent's abilities. Reynard had been scanning the machine's inner working and noticed that instead of using its own impressive energy storage, it redirected energy from outside sources making nearly unbeatable to fight in most forms of conventional combat due to also being able to redirect kinetic energy too.

In Leyman's terms: They were f**ked.

Reynard would have to try to outsmart the mechanism and the shielding system which had blocked his attempts to hit him. The best he could do now would be to stop attacking him, as attempting to fight him would only keep feeding Sieege and keep causing more damage.

Still there were a few things they could try to do to get rid of him. Now the only issue that he had was getting him to let go of his throat, but the kid seemed to be working on it already. Hopefully he would prove to be a distraction for him to let go of his grip.

"Ha..ha..ha..Stark's America? Is that why you're doing this? That died a few years ago along Camelot and all those corporate assholes. You're late, sweetheart."

Alice_Walter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Alice_Walter

@bitan:

Alice flew from Seattle to Miami before she had something that Stuart wanted to buy in Miami. And like a good slave, she had no choice but to do as she was told. She'd taken a taxi in Seattle, and gone up to the China town. She was looking for a specific diamond, a blue colored one. Stuart gave her enough funds so that no matter how expensive it was, she would be able to buy it.

After a few hours of searching, Alice reached a small shop, situated inside an alley.

"Anyone here?" Alice said, as she walked in to the shop, the board hung on the inside of its glass door said "open", so she held no reservations about going in. It was dim lit room, with a single glass shelf, with a variety of gems and diamonds laden on it. An old woman with wavy white hair sat behind the shelf in a chair. She had glassy white eyes and mostly looked blind. Diane wondered if she really was the shop keeper.

"Come here daughter. Fancy anything?" She asked as Alice walked over to the shelf.

Her eyes instantly fell on the blue gem, and she took out the sketch Stuart gave him. It wasn't in the same shape, and Stuart did tell him the shape didn't matter as much as the quality of the gem. Alice tucked the sketch back in her garment, "How much for this blue gem, lady?" Alice asked, taking out the pouch of gold that she had tied to her waist.

"20 gold coins, dear," The old woman said with a smile.

Alice was surprised. How did she know that? Well whatever, she thought, giving the lady 20 gold pieces from the pouch, and taking the gem out, tucking it along with the gold.

However, just as she exited the shop, a sharp blow to the back of her head knocked her to the ground, and a couple of guys surrounded her. One of them snatched her pouch.

"GIVE THAT BACK!"Alice got up from the ground and started fighting back, while the one who snatched her pouch had started escaping. She knew she wasn't going to make it. damn. She thought mentally, as she continued to push his way through the 5 guys that surrounded her.

Bitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alice_walter:

"Alright, let's practice this..."

Bitan murmured, as two large wings sprouted from the pack on his back, fluttering delicately. The wings were synthetic, and if one looked closely, they would be able to make out several digital patterns, highlighting the wires which were thinly coated in carbon fiber. They began to flap, slowly at first, but building in speed, and as they did so, Daniel's calves grew small jet boosters in the back, boosters emerging also on his forearms. They did nothing at the moment, but made a slight whirr, and a cyan blue light flourished within them.

Daniel swallowed carefully, as his feet began to levitate off of the rooftop that he once stood on, now going about three to four feet into the air - already too much for his tastes. "Ok... now let's go forward..." He murmured, boosters adjusting themselves as he pointed his body forward. Per previous agreement with his armor, the suit decided not to take off at jet speeds immediately, and instead, glided at a smooth twenty miles per hour, significantly less than what it was designed for.

"Oh... Ok, see? This isn't so bad!" He chuckled nervously. Daniel eyed the drop, as he began gaining distance from the rooftop, but decided to keep his eyes on the sky above, breathing through his mouth carefully. "Ok, ok ok ok ok ok ok..."

DANGER DETECTED. WOMAN IN: PERIL.

Within moments, the suit's cameras that covered his entire body spotted something in the alleyway below him, and accelerated in speed, zooming down to the spot where Alice was currently being harassed by a crowd of gentlemen- one of which was running off with a precious gem. Swiftly slowing in his descent, the Bitan suit made Daniel charge directly into the chest of the runner, blue crystal flying out of the hands of the would-be thief. He was sent skirting along the ground, and Daniel landed, blue and black feet tapping lightly onto the ground.

Head spinning from the hundreds of miles of speed that he was forced upon, Daniel said nothing- merely stumbled in place as the suit formed his weaponry. A cannon connected his hands together, and from the center of it, a sonic burst filled the alleyway with a horrifically unsatisfying screech, the high pitch bursting throughout the alley. With luck, it would send the whole pack of goons scurrying, leaving him alone with the damsel in distress - while not damaging her too much.

Alice_Walter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bitan:

All Alice could see was that a blue creature had come out of nowhere, and he had her gem. "That's mine .... give it back!" Diane shoved two guys aside as she charged towards Bitan, not really aware of his intentions. But if Sion wanted the gem, it had to at least be precious, and she knew she couldn't afford to disappoint him.

The guys who were trying to stop Alice made a turn, instead going after Bitan. But then, he'd suddenly produced a weapon, aimed directly at both Alice and the men. [What the hell is up with this freak!] Alice thought, frustrated. He had appeared as if to help her, but his actions did not seem very helpful at all.

And then he let loose. A sonic boom. It slammed violently against the very air itself, creating an unpleasant noise that seemed to engulf everything in it. Trash bags burst, and while it wasn't very destructive, it was destructive enough to burst windows, and ear drums along with it. With the exception of the guy who was sent slamming into the side wall of a building, who had been knocked out cold, all the other guys made quick note to flee.

Alice was that unfortunate girl who had her ear drums burst. She was the closest to the blue creature. And she fell backwards, seemingly out cold. This was the first time she had met such an offence after all. Normally, her body would just amend any damage it suffered. However the sonic attack had disoriented her bodily functions enough that it would take more time for her recovery ability to start taking effect.

Bitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alice_walter:

As the sonic wave passed through the narrow sidestreet, it did an effective job of either knocking out or sending scurrying away whomever resided in the seedy alley. Bitan's hands shifted once more into actual hands, and he sighed, satisfied a bit with his own heroic efforts. Cracking his neck, he turned to leave, when his mask's radar blinked rapidly, alerting him of the certain damsel that he had so blatantly missed. Whirling around, he ran over to the unconscious form of Alice, cursing himself as he had so carelessly abandoned her. "Hey, uh, lady, wake up." He said, shaking her lightly, and rather unprofessionally. "Suit, can you, like, analyze the damages?" He asked, awkwardly, legitimately lacking in knowledge on his suit's capabilities.

A trusty whirr responded to him, and the cameras went surveying the body, thermal scanners as well as average x-rays inspecting areas that may've come to harm - including ears, and places where she might've been hurt with the scuffle with the ruffians from earlier. As the suit fed Daniel this information in a way that the teenage mind could comprehend, he nodded slowly, and looked back down at Alice, furrowing his brow and pondering what exactly the 'hero' thing to do was - staring at her lifeless form, clearly he had the time to do so. A hospital, maybe...

Nodding, he lifted the woman, somewhat delicately - not wanting to injure her anymore than she'd already been injured. Gem in one hand, he proceeded to begin flying upwards, making sure to go slow as the giant bug-like wings took them both afloat through the night sky. Ideally, he was heading for the hospital. Unless she woke before that.

Alice_Walter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bitan:

Alice was having a dream. A knight in blue armor had appeared out of nowhere. And he had barged in through the front door of Sion's shop, shattering it with his sonic cannon, before defeating him effortlessly. The Knight in blue armor would take her in his blue flying horse and would take into the air.

"Thank you for rescuing me," Alice would say in her sleep, in Bitan's arms, smiling as she did, and would roll one arm around his shoulder.

Then, all of a sudden, her dream would turn to a nightmare. Sion in the form of bubbly clouds would suddenly emerge in her dreams, and chase after them, "WHERE IS MY GEM! GIVE ME MY GEM!" Sion would keep yelling at Diane. After a while of being chased, Sion would finally catch up to the knight in shining armor, and devour them whole.

That's when Alice would be jolted out of her sleep, shifting her body enough that she almost slipped out of Bitan's arms. Her gaze inadvertently fell below - they were flying hundreds of meters in the air. Buildings looked like playing blocks arranged in pre-ordained details. Alice gasped in shock and fear and then her face turned upwards towards Bitan.

"Where the hell are you taking me, monster?!" She asked, half nervous. Although Stuart Sion had told her that she wouldn't die, still, she had actually never before died in her life, and when she thought about jumping down towards safety, she hesitated. She would die 100%, at least until she healed.

And then she noticed her gem in his hand, and tried to snatch it out of his hand.

Bitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alice_walter:

As Bitan was flying, quite suddenly, the woman in his arms woke up - and woke up with a fiery anger. "Jesus, lady!" he cried out, as she shifted, faltering in his flight slightly. He swiftly landed on a rooftop, not very nimbly landing his feet on the ground, and let her go hastily - taking a couple of steps back as he did so, to give her some space. "Whatever happened to thanks?!" He practically muttered, as he handed her the gem, having no need of it on his own. He eyed her carefully now, making sure she wasn't dangerous, before proceeding with the talk, folding his metallic, carbon fiber arms across his chest. "Now, I was taking you to the hospital, because I was pretty sure you were down for the count." He snapped, as he watched her.

"What's your deal? What's up with this gem?"

While Bitan didn't fully care about the lady's predicament, it was a bit odd that she was doing so much for this crystal. Also, she seemed to be a bit hostile towards him at first, and on reflection of her calling him 'monster', he felt the urge to take off his helmet. In fact, he did so, rolling back the metal mask to reveal the frowning face beneath. This way, at least, she wouldn't assume MONSTER. "Who are you?"

Alice_Walter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Alice_Walter

@bitan:

As the blue monster guy thing let her down, Alice scurried a few steps away, before she heard his proclamation. Alice turned around, frowning, "Thanks?!" She asked angrily, "You knocked me out!" Still, as the guy would hold his hand out and offered the gem, she would fumble, and then grab the gem out of his hands.

"Now, I was taking you to the hospital, because I was pretty sure you were down for the count." He snapped, as he watched her.

Should he answer the question? Alice thought to herself. It would be simple enough to tell him that she was effectively dead, but with a functioning heart and brain. "I...um...I heal fast, okay?" Alice stammered as she spoke.

"What's your deal? What's up with this gem?"

Alice stared at the gem in her hand, a [shattuckite]. She wasn't sure what it was for, but Sion gave her specific instructions to bring the gem when she came, "MY DEAL IS THAT YOU AND THOSE MEN ATTACKED ME!" Alice roared angrily at the guy's proclamation. "And whatever is up with this gem is none of your damn business!" She looked around. The guy had landed her on a building, and there didn't seem to be anyway to go down from there.

"Who are you?"

Diane calmed down at this question. She could see how the whole situation could be a big misunderstanding, "My name is Alice." It was also because who she thought was a monster revealed himself to be a human in some kind of suit, She took a few steps towards him, giving him her hand for a shake, "I came from Seattle, because my .... boss told me to come get this," Alice explained. This man had tried to help her, and she thought it was the least she could do by telling him this much.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltlredwulf:

I had decided to take a trip after that entire incident in Minneapolis. Some supernatural being deciding that they would make life horrible for everyone by turning it into a winter wonderland up there so I decided to come to the one place I knew would never be cold which is Miami for a nice vacation... Which ended five minutes ago when I came across the aftermath of a gang shootout the police already having roped off the area so no one could get inside and tamper with the evidence walking up to the nearby police officer I asked" What happened here?" The way he looked it almost sounded as if it was something horrible and his story would confirm as much." Early this morning we had a gang shootout were still trying to confirm which gangs were involved but it's suspected a new gang is in town we've been picking up some strange stuff but I can't tell you about that it's an active investigation but what I can say is this new gang has plenty of meta and mutant member's they killed ten people here so the city is no longer safe at night with that gang on the loose." I walked away after the conversation debating whether I should even get involved in this I realize how long until another shootout begins and an innocent get's caught in the crossfire I can't allow that I'm not much of a hero if I allow that so let's get started I begin walking back to my hotel room.

After several hours of asking "kindly" to several drug dealers, and several gang member's throughout town I finally track down a shipment of supposed supernatural guns and ammo down at the docks I arrive by water and get ready to take down the gang that had plagued the street this morning."Now let's see what you people are keeping from me." I jump out of the water and onto the docks hiding behind some container's and could hear the gang's truck being loaded with the gun's." Let's get this started assho1es ," getting ready to take the gang banger's down.

Bitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alice_walter:

Bitan's brow furrowed deeper as the woman spoke, her anger quite clearly on display. He had not been a hero for very long - as a matter of fact, doing specifically heroic things was almost an entirely new concept for him, and he was really doing his best not to muck it up. But despite his best efforts, despite the total well being of the lady before him, and despite the fact that her gem would be long gone if not for him, and she had the nerve to just snap at him like that?

Not ok.

However, before Daniel could reply with an equally snarky rebuttal as what he had received, Alice spoke, a tad softer now, and actually progressing with the conversation rather than pointing fingers. "See, Alice, that's better." Nodding his head firmly, he cracked his neck, loosening his stance and gaining some slight relaxation - his suit would worry about defending him. "My name's Daniel. I live in New Mexico, but I'm here in Miami to explore college campuses... More importantly, to find out what this does." He tapped the center of his suit's chestpiece, with a slight shrug. "Now, why would those guys want that gem? What's it really for?"

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@bitan:

Alice Walter

Because too lazy to change alts

Alice studied the man's facial expressions as she spoke. This was the kind of man who normally had no respect for her feelings. But then she realized, he was just a man on edge for some reason. "Nice to meet you Daniel. Thanks for saving me," Alice put the gem in her pocket, "I honestly don't know, all I know is that my boss received an odd client and he is going to use this gem to forge something to help him. Some kind of mentally ill guy."

"Hey um...Daniel, if you are not busy...maybe we can go grab a coffee if you want. It's the least I can do for you,"

Bitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville:

"Yeah, you're welcome." He almost muttered, before realizing that it was slightly rude of him to do so. Now she was polite, and calm. Daniel figured the least he could do was return the favor. "Anything to help." As he said this, he turned to leave, insectoid wings sprouting from his back once more as the jet boosters began to gather heat. Bitan then heard her speak once more, and he turned his head, processing what exactly she said. The very vague story on why she was doing what she was doing was peculiar, of course, but he didn't care too much about it - the thing hardly concerned him. The gem concerning him even less. But the request she had was an odd one, and he rested the jets that hid snugly below his meniscus, shrugging as he did so.

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I guess so..." He raised a lone eyebrow. This request was not typical. "I don't do this job for reward, y'know... I do it cuz it's the right thing to do." And because the suit makes me, he thought, to himself.

ltlredwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orange_water:

There were about a dozen men loading the truck with crates marked "Draco". They seemed heavy, as there were two men to a crate, and even then work was slow. In the front of the truck, out of the stranger's line of sight, was the supervisor. Unlike the workers, he wasn't tall or burly or tough. He didn't even look thirteen yet, with blonde hair under a green, elfish cap. He was playing a handheld device, a Gameboy or DS of some kind, with his feet on the dashboard. His eyes were odd, red irises and slightly redder pupil surrounded by black, and they seemed intently focused on the game. This didn't fool the men, however. They knew from experience that the thin fog surrounding them was one way for their youthful boss to watch them. If someone tried to slip a weapon, or if any of them started fighting, he would know and get involved. That same gift allowed him to see the intruder behind the crates. He gave a little sigh, then paused his game before shouting out the window, "Pack it up, boys, we've got company!"

Immediately all the men stopped what they were doing and drew their various weapons. The men themselves were human, but this group, the same that had gotten into the fight with the police earlier, were different from Ms. Empousa's other employees. She didn't trust others with her magic contraband, so she had trained a handful, this dozen, in the basics of Druidic arts. Each of their guns were blood infused, meaning that even if their initial shots weren't immediately lethal, any bullet that so much as grazed a target's skin would slowly drain his life force away. They surrounded the truck in a defensive circle, guns aimed and trigger fingers ready to fire on anything that moved.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltlredwulf: What the hel1 someone has raised the alarm but no one has even seen me yet. No matter I have a strategy in place manipulating the water onto the docks and I can use it as a radar ability mapping out where the thugs are standing and that's what I do. The gang members have surrounded the truck in a circle, there's twelve people I can come from above, I use the water already on the other side of the truck to take down those people.

Okay then let's get this started I jump onto the container looking down at the group of thugs I activate the water on the other side of the truck while attempting to fight the thugs on the side I see in front of me." Hi there everybody I hope you got insurance because I won't feel any guilt over this later."

ltlredwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ltlredwulf

@orange_water:

One particularly burly man took charge. "Fire!" he ordered his fellows, and all fired at once on their aggressor. Ms. Empousa would be most displeased if she learned that they had lost her precious cargo. A dozen magically enhanced rounds should be enough to stop the man before the water washed over them, or so they hoped as each lost his breath to the crashing wave.

Inside the truck the blonde boy sensed the water coming before it actually hit. He knew that fighting a metahuman would be beyond his abilities, especially if he got through the twelve hardened Druids outside. He decided to report back to Ruby, using the tidal wave as an escape route. Stuffing the video game into a bag that he put over his shoulder, he pushed the door open just as the vehicle and its druid guard was submerged, and manipulated the water around himself into a current, which he intended to take out to sea and along the beach, then come ashore and find Ruby to inform her of what happened.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltlredwulf: I would have to play this a little smart probably these guys seemed different than regular humans or even mutants for that matter I couldn't place but this entire fight felt weird. But hey most of these guys are shooting at me now and who knows what properties these guns have so let's get this started drawing my sword and dagger I begin to methodically disable the limbs of the thugs now shooting at starting with the one in front of me slicing into tendon and a little bit of bone to make for a nonlethal takedown but that wasn't all I proceeded to throw my dagger at the buff looking guy giving his teammates orders aiming right for his knee. If all this worked I would then begin drowning my opponents in the water beneath them now. The bullets from the pistols they fired would impact my armor but would have no real effect on me except for slowing me down as I tried to figure out what the enchantment was.

Unfortunately for me I also detected someone on the water moving through it like I would put this information out my mind for now I hoped to be gone before reinforcements arrived. Mutants or meta's with abilities like mine were rare to say the least if he had stayed this group may have even had chance.

ltlredwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orange_water:

Once underwater, Dallas felt a pang of remorse for abandoning his men, but there wasn't anything he could do. He was a metahuman, yes, but he sensed that his opponent was far stronger than himself. There was something he could do, though. As Maedra's strongest warriors fell beneath the blades, the boy pulled the water around himself into a frenzied current. He then launched the water ashore, using the roaring wave to completely destroy the shipment before authorities could examine it. It meant further weakening the maimed soldiers, but as Ruby would say, soldiers were disposable. She would understand; she always did. He waited for a minute longer than he had to in order to gauge a reaction from his opponent before beginning the long swim along Miami's beach.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltlredwulf: I had just brought down my fourth guy with my sword when suddenly out of nowhere a tidel wave came out of nowhere probably related to the meta who escaped just minutes ago and because of this I was unable to take a look at the shipment bringing me and thugs down with it. I decided I would finish this fight now getting up off the ground and manipulating the water on the docks I would drown the thugs now trying to get up except for the one I had questions for...

Once I was finished with what some would call "questionable" actions I walked up to the tall, buff guy and started questioning him." Okay then idiot let's get this started first off I have to say this is why we can't have nice things because people like you ruin it. But now on to the question's first off who are you working for? Next how did you get these nice enchanted weapons and bullets. Finally, my favorite question where can I find them so that I can surprise them with my let's call it a hobby?" I smirked waiting for the supposed leader of the group to speak with my hand on the dagger in his kneecap.

ltlredwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orange_water:

The man was silent for a moment, then chuckled deeply. "You think I'm going to resist? No. She doesn't mind my telling. We know her as Ms. Empousa. She enchanted our weapons. You think I'm the leader here you're wrong. I'm not even a speck of dust to her, just another pawn on her board. The thing is a pawn at least knows where the king's square is, yes? Then I'm less than a pawn. She came to us in our own homes to hire us, then afterward sent the boy to direct us. If any of us know anything it's him."

By now Dallas was a few miles away, but he saw clear as a reflection what happened on the docks thanks to the water on the ground there. Knowing he didn't have much time he increased his speed slightly, though not too much since he might miss his destination then.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Orange_Water

@ltlredwulf: "Well that suc*'s your not able to tell me where your leader is but I don't have time for this anyway to bad all the cash here is ruined always need more money. But I will take this nice gun you have the shipment may be destroyed but I have a friend who could tell me what I need to know about this weapon so have a nice sleep the cop's will pick you up shortly." I punch the thug in the face knocking him out and before I leave the dock I pick up the gun he had tried to kill me with taking the evidence with me. I then proceeded back into the water to swim back to my hotel and take the rest of the night off.

ltlredwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orange_water:

It's a pretty well known fact that demons don't take well to half-demons. That applied to water spirits too. While Dallas was probably stronger than most ocean nymphs he was smaller, younger, and less experienced. Which is how he ended up surrounded by three selkies and an aquatic demon a short time after his swim from the dock. His hurried swim had tired him, and he'd gotten slightly list on the eddying waters between Miami and the Keys. He looked from the shapeshifters to the demon and back again. He'd be able to hold them off for a little while by himself but he'd need help. He sent a distressed ripple though the water, intending to ask his Nerid cousins for aid but unaware that the meta he'd managed to avoid on shore was in the same ocean waters.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltlredwulf: * As I heading back to my hotel I picked up a strange ping in the water something I never knew about but here it was from what it seemed heading in the opposite direction I was going looking at the time I signed* "I guess it's time for another all nighter times like this made me wish I drank coffee." I made a U-turn in the water and then started the race to catch up with who the gang member referred to as boy.* "Now let's see where you are going to take me." I then started moving at my top speed until I felt I could sense his presence in the water again.

ltlredwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orange_water:

By the time Orange arrived almost all the creatures were gone. A single selkie in human form was using a fish one knife to cut a mark on the arm of the on the unconscious boy's arm, but she, too, fled at the human's approach. Dallas just lay in the water, bleeding, his strange eyes closed. He appeared to be dead, but if Orange came close enough he'd see the small bubbles emerging from his open mouth.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltlredwulf: What the hel1 it's a kid to young for his powers to have activated yet if he's mutant supernatural guns may as well be supernatural as well anyway the kid is bleeding I need to get him to shore and start healing so I continue the rest of the way to the Key's and arrive on the beach trying to heal the kid injured by who knows what with my powers.

ltlredwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By ltlredwulf

@orange_water:

Dallas awoke on a shore, looking up at the moon. There was Ayer on his arm, helping him. That's funny, water never healed him before, especially not salt water. Slowly he tried to sit up and get his bearings, his dark eyes blinking slowly to finish clearing the salt from them.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltlredwulf: "Welcome back kid if you are one I've dealt with magical beings before but you are another new one don't try anything stupid I'm ready for that water trick you pulled." * l look at him trying to figure out exactly what I'm dealing with but I can't make a good guess.* " So you okay or do you need some more healing?"

ltlredwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orange_water:

He swallowed but seemed okay. The voice...aw snap, it was the guy from the docks. He rubbed his face with his hands before responding.

"I'm good," he managed to croak. "A little beat up but okay." He tried to stand so he could get back to the water but wasn't quite strong enough. "Who are you? Where are we?"

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltlredwulf: Everywhere but also nowhere seriously though I got you the rest of the way to the Key's to heal you.* i looked at the kid he seemed okay but weakened but I better stay on my guard* " So you ready for some q&a or what."

ltlredwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orange_water:

"The...keys? No..." He tried and failed to stand again. "I need to get back to Miami...I just got a little lost, coasts get kind of confusing at night." Then the rest of what Landon said registered. "Questions? About what?"