#201 Posted by Dreadstroke (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_:

"Awesome."

He grinned back at her, the helmet mechanically expanding out from where it'd rescinded and forming over Ray's head once more. The faceplate snapped shut over his charming features, the lenses whirring to life and emitting a cool blue.

"Course I could," said Ray, his eager voice vaguely metallic once more, the armor's anti-gravitational propulsion systems roaring to life, propelling him several meters above the ground. "Fair warning though, my descriptions will do it no justice whatsoever."

It's just that great of a sight, he thought, envisioning her reaction to its multicolored galaxies, radiant systems, and artistic starways. It was a moment before it hit him that he was staring, and he awkwardly shifted his gaze over to the skyscrapers, praying she hadn't noticed. Being a mere twenty years old, in the presence of a gorgeous hero, and simply being him, Ray was somewhat surprised that he'd only yet stolen a few lingering glances. Perhaps it was the innocence that she emanated that made him reluctant to attempt his usual flirtatious antics. Perhaps it was this innocent beauty that had cultivated his interest in the first place.

#202 Posted by Hope_ (171 posts) - - Show Bio

@dreadstroke:

Hope smiled and flew off beside him. Flight was effortless for her, at least at these speeds. She kept even with him without difficulty and pointed to some points of interest as they traveled lazily through the city's skyline. She completely missed that his gaze had been lingering on her, not experienced enough with men to catch such a glance so easily. The form fitting nature of her clothing did little to hide her curves, but it also enhanced aerodynamics (its main purpose) and provided little resistance for instances when she needed to fly at much higher speeds.

"It's ok; I just want to hear what you can tell me anyway." She told him, having to raise her voice a little because of the wind caused by their flight. Hope had never really reached the point of taking flight for granted. The joy brought to her by such a simple act was evident on her face and the wonder of flying through the air without technological aide sparkled in her pretty blue eyes.

#203 Edited by Dreadstroke (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_:

The sun glinted off his chrome-clad physique; cool air filtered through his helmet; their forms were reflected off the surfaces of several skyscrapers reaching into skyline. Ray had experienced the sensation of flight before, and perhaps the best of them was the very first, when he'd created the suit. However, soaring above a 21st century styled city, admiring points of interest ranked up there.

"Well, once you're out of Earth's atmosphere, it's pretty much what you'd expect," he began, somewhat distractedly. "It looks like an endless void dotted with stars. Some ways away is the sun, and you can sorta make out the other planets. Pretty amazing, but it gets a lot better when you travel to other systems and galaxies."

The galaxies beyond the milky way were an artistic marvel (not that our system was too shabby either), some sparkling with color and celestial bodies going through developmental processes. Some were starless, lifeless voids, but Ray always tried to avoid those. Who knew what horrors lurked in those dark recesses?

#204 Posted by Hope_ (171 posts) - - Show Bio

@dreadstroke:

"That sounds beautiful." She said with a smile. "I've always wondered what it would look like out there, it's so big and there's all that really interesting stuff out there too. What made you want to travel so much though?"

Hope eyes rested on him for a moment as they spoke, wondering more about the man beneath the metal suit than the suit itself. When her thoughts drifted to less wholesome desires she tried to reign them in and looked away, back to the city below them. It didn't help as much as she had hoped for. It wasn't that her thoughts had entered particularly x-rated territories but they were certainly trending a lot more in the direction of PG-13 than she thought proper.

#205 Posted by Vai (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

Vai grinned at the exchange and quietly ate her food while they spoke. Eventually though everything turned back to her. "Oh I'm sure I can arrange both of those things. Right now it's the height of football season, so she's probably spending more time in LA than Jurassic World. We could take my private jet out to LA if you guys want to and see what's going on there." She smiled a little. "I'm sure she'd love to meet the two of you. I know she's coming here eventually, but I'm not sure when yet."

#206 Edited by Dreadstroke (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_:

"Well, there's a lot I wanted to see and do. It's more than a little hard to stay in one place when your dad's got a space pod in the garage," he chuckled, halting upon reaching the upper point of yet another reflective skyscraper, his mutant abilities enabling him to effortlessly adhere to the edge and vault onto the roof in a fashion akin to this timeline's famed Spider-themed heroes.

In his earlier effort to not steal too many stares, he'd missed her lingering glance, which surely would've been a tad more noticeably given that he was helmeted and she was not. Regardless, he was beginning to like her more and more as they continued to speak, appreciating her company in this time period. Ray'd also considered that, if he was going to try his usual flirting antics, he'd have done it the moment they met. To do so now would be in bad taste.

"Once you get out of this solar system, a lot of its a rainbow of other systems, starways, and galaxies. Multicolored stars and planets everywhere, clouds of art and meteors and... it really is beautiful," said Ray, the helmet rescinding once again, his features bright with awe at the very thought of it all.

Avatar image for green_sentinelx
#207 Posted by Green_SentinelX (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai:

Hal talked about the prospect of meeting Gale Xanders in LA with Lois, which was all the way on the west coast. That's a long flight even for the fastest of jets. And even though both showed some interest in meeting Vai's mother, it'd only be for a few hours before they would have to make a very tiring flight back to Metro City, which was on the east coast. Finally, Hal says to Vai, "Tomorrow is a work day for us, so we can wait until your mother makes it here." He smiles at Vai, then he finishes his food.

Soon, Lois announces she has to go and bids them both a goodbye. Hugging Hal, she offers her hand to Vai, "It was nice meeting you. And don't worry, I'll keep you and your photographs out of the paper." And she soon leaves.

Hal puts the dishes in the dishwasher then looks at Vai, "So, what do you think of Lois?"

#208 Posted by Vai (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

Vai nodded in understanding and shook her hand. She watched her leave and then turned her attention to her brother. "I like her, she clearly has your best interests at heart." She said and then took his hand, pulling it up to look it over carefully. "Speaking of which, we need to get this figured out before I find myself sleeping with some all green energy guy. Pretty sure that would make the experience a little weird." She said with a smirk. "Who do you think we should go to?"

#209 Edited by ParagonxXx (3962 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunahawk:

(OOC: This is a closed RP between myself and Luna Hawk)

Metro City, Hawke Industries

Keira decides it's time to meet Luna, the Presidential candidate. The two share similar views, along with Alfred Hamilton. And so, she gives Luna a call and leaves a message on Luna's answering machine, if she has one. "Hello Luna, this is Keira Hawke in Metro City, I was wondering if you get the time in your busy schedule that we could sit down and talk? You and I have a lot in common and I'm not talking about our last names." Keira had to smile to herself at that last comment. Very similar last names, but no relation to each other. She just thought that was the coolest thing.

"If you could call me back or better yet, drop by for a visit so we can talk business, that would great. Thank you." Keira hung up and put down her cellphone. Using her powers, she knows that her office, and building, are not bugged in any way, shape or form. So, she is clean, as was her cellphone. Now, all she has to do is wait and see if Luna wants to meet with her. In the meantime, Keira is working on a new project, one that will hopefully put Hawke Industries back in the news as multi-billion dollar company giant. Now that she retired as Paragon, she can focus on developing technology before anyone else does. She's sick and tired of being beaten to the punch all the time. Nova Cores? That nifty tech based on the sun that Brutus came out with? Keira could have made that too! In fact, she has very early designs on similar stuff, but she had to shelf them. Grrr.

#210 Edited by Green_SentinelX (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai:

Well, that turned out better than I could have hoped for. Lois must be in one of her better moods. Hal thought to himself as he watched Lois leave with her ferret. Then he heard Vai speak and Hal nods, turning to look at her, "Yeah, she does. But don't you worry, we do have our fights. Especially since I tend to be, in her words, a little overprotective."

Vai would see just an ordinary hand, nothing unusual was going on right now. It even felt like flesh and blood. At least, for now anyway. "There's a number of people we can go to. We can go to Hawke Industries, either here or in the New York branch or we could try paying Jean Knightfall a visit since I hear she's supposed to be some Sorceress Supreme or something. Those are the only options I know of, aside from the Sentinels of Light but the leadership seems to be missing." Which was yet another mystery that they would have both have to solve one day because if Hal has a ring, among a lot of others, there is only so much the Sentinels can accomplish without leadership. Collapse would be inevitable and Hal would rather have that.

#211 Posted by LunaHawk (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx:

She didn't have to wait terribly long, an hour or two at most. Eventually Luna Hawk was shown into the office. She smiled gently and waved a little to the secretary that let her in, dropping a gold coin in the woman's hand in the process. "Yours was one of two messages waiting for me that didn't involve the word interview." She said. "That alone made it worth checking out." She reached up and removed her helmet, tucking it under her left arm.

"So what did you have in mind? You mentioned business in your message." Luna Hawk's exotic features were often seen as stunning on video or in images but they were even more so in person. There was a reason the young Hawk Lord had a lot of fans and she'd more than once had a young fan rendered speechless when she took her helmet off. As good as her athletic and feminine frame looked it was often her eyes and face that took people by surprise.

No Caption Provided

#212 Posted by ParagonxXx (3962 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunahawk:

No Caption Provided

The secretary gasps a little in surprise when the gold coin is dropped in her hand, "Th-Thank you!"

When Luna entered, Keira looked up from her desk and smiles, rising from it and letting the other woman finish before speaking. But before words are exchanged, she takes the time to notice Luna was extraordinarily beautiful and exotically so. It's definitely the eyes. Keira thought. Even so, she is not into women so...

"I'm definitely not doing an interview, so you don't have to worry about that. And everything we say here is strictly off the record, not a word of it will be repeated in tomorrow's paper." Keira offers her hand to Luna for a friendly hand shake then she made sure the doors of her office were closed before she continued to speak again, "Please, have a seat." She smiles as she gestures to a chair.

Once Keira sat down herself, and weather or not Luna did, Keira continues. "I voted for you, sorry you didn't win." Then she loses her smile, becoming somber, "America really needed an altruistic president, especially after former President Donn's controversial decisions. Not that his run was all bad, of course not. But he wasn't a good President and now we have someone who is even worse than Donn ever was. What you said on TV about your concession speech, I want you to know I'm with you all the way. You need help, I'll give it. Whatever you need, all you have to do is ask. I'd especially like to help take Brutus down if he does end up crossing the line. We need to keep an eye on him." Now she waits to see what Luna has to say to all this.

#213 Posted by LunaHawk (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx:

Luna Hawk was happy to take the offered seat and placed her helmet down on the nearby table. "I appreciate your support." She said about the vote. "We've needed a change of direction in this country for awhile. Donn sort of righted the ship in some ways, but punched holes in it in others. I'm glad to know I have an ally, I'm going to be gathering others as time progresses...I have a bad feeling about what this new President is going to do. His rhetoric is disturbingly close to that of people who have supported mutant registration and other similar abominations."

She leaned back in her seat,, watching her new ally and host for a moment. "We're already seeing some of his steps, drones over every American city for example. That's blatantly unconstitutional and he's just getting started. The biggest thing we can do right now is get people together, make the contacts we need to make so that when we have to take further steps, our network is already in place. I don't think this is going to be a matter of if but of when."

#214 Edited by Miss_America_ (1587 posts) - - Show Bio

Iowa sat on a boulder looking over the area of Little Bohemia as she breathed in some fresh air, "Not as clean back in the day but better than everywhere else I've been so far" she commented to herself as a twelve strong group of LAV-25 APC's were parked behind her.

#215 Edited by ParagonxXx (3962 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunahawk:

Keira was beautiful too, but she wasn't exotic like Luna is. As the former presidential candidate talks, Keira couldn't agree more with her words. America really did need a change in direction after Donn, but it seems it's going into a worse direction than ever before. She nods her head in agreement, "I agree. I already have some people in mind that will take our side. I have chosen them very carefully to insure not only loyalty but also prevent betrayal if at all possible."

Fortunately, the President's drones have not arrived in Metro City, just key cities throughout America. And by all that is good in the world, Keira is going to do her best to make sure it stays that way. By her estimates, Superion, two Green Sentinels and the Meta-Human Crimes Unit protect this city. The President's little drone army is not needed nor wanted here.

"I suggest contact be made in person and in secure areas only between us and our network. It's too much of a risk to use cellphones and other means of communication. If it's unavoidable to use cellphones and the like, then we'll need code words and catch phrases as a means to communicate just in case."

#216 Posted by Vai (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai:

Well, that turned out better than I could have hoped for. Lois must be in one of her better moods. Hal thought to himself as he watched Lois leave with her ferret. Then he heard Vai speak and Hal nods, turning to look at her, "Yeah, she does. But don't you worry, we do have our fights. Especially since I tend to be, in her words, a little overprotective."

Vai would see just an ordinary hand, nothing unusual was going on right now. It even felt like flesh and blood. At least, for now anyway. "There's a number of people we can go to. We can go to Hawke Industries, either here or in the New York branch or we could try paying Jean Knightfall a visit since I hear she's supposed to be some Sorceress Supreme or something. Those are the only options I know of, aside from the Sentinels of Light but the leadership seems to be missing." Which was yet another mystery that they would have both have to solve one day because if Hal has a ring, among a lot of others, there is only so much the Sentinels can accomplish without leadership. Collapse would be inevitable and Hal would rather have that.

"Hm, I figured her for the protective one." She said with a smirk. "I'd start with Hawke Industries and we can go from there. We also have to go find Raeyn and talk to her...or...him...I'm not sure which it is right now." She cocked her head slightly, examining him closely for a moment. "I wonder if we could get some sort of energy stabilization thing that would help you while we wait for more information."

#217 Posted by Hope_ (171 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_:

"Well, there's a lot I wanted to see and do. It's more than a little hard to stay in one place when your dad's got a space pod in the garage," he chuckled, halting upon reaching the upper point of yet another reflective skyscraper, his mutant abilities enabling him to effortlessly adhere to the edge and vault onto the roof in a fashion akin to this timeline's famed Spider-themed heroes.

In his earlier effort to not steal too many stares, he'd missed her lingering glance, which surely would've been a tad more noticeably given that he was helmeted and she was not. Regardless, he was beginning to like her more and more as they continued to speak, appreciating her company in this time period. Ray'd also considered that, if he was going to try his usual flirting antics, he'd have done it the moment they met. To do so now would be in bad taste.

"Once you get out of this solar system, a lot of its a rainbow of other systems, starways, and galaxies. Multicolored stars and planets everywhere, clouds of art and meteors and... it really is beautiful," said Ray, the helmet rescinding once again, his features bright with awe at the very thought of it all.

"I love this city..." Hope said quietly as they flew around it. "It may not be multicolored stars and clouds of dust and stuff that's up in space but there's a lot of general optimism here. You don't get that other places." She smiled a little. "It sounds to me like space is wonderful, I wish I could see it. Maybe one day I'll be able to." She said.

She looked over at him for a moment and the thoughts returned. She bit her lip for a second and looked away at the city again. It's not like they're bad thoughts right? I mean...they're natural thoughts, unlike those other ones. I don't even know him though, I mean not really. Of course...I could...get to know him...that might not be so wrong.

#218 Edited by Miss_America_ (1587 posts) - - Show Bio

One of Iowa's miniaturized aircraft carriers floated by her with its mini fleet of drones.

"One aircraft carrier, forty drones, twelves APC's, no where near enough to defend or launch an assault on this type of city..mhmm should I add artillery pieces here on the island?" Iowa mumbled to herself as her Weapon Works dimension began screening through a series of components for rapid construction.

#219 Posted by Dreadstroke (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_:

Beaming, he took a chance and stole another lingering glance while her gaze was fixed the broad metropolis, head slightly cocked to the side as he pondered what he should do or say next. He couldn't help glancing at her breathtaking features. The way her pretty eyes sparkled with innocence like perfect pearls of blue. The way her smile shone with optimism. Even the ease of talking to her as they flew around the city. If he were to take this attraction further, he felt he needed to act. To do or say something. Fast. There could be no margin of shyness.

And he knew exactly what to say.

"Maybe I could, er, show you space sometime. When you're not busy down here, I mean," he quietly said, looking away from her.

#220 Posted by Green_SentinelX (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai: Raeyn sounds like an interesting character since she can apparently change genders. Hal is glad he doesn't have that problem. Still, he seems to have another one and that is his change into...something. But what Vai wonders, Hal has an answer for that. "Ever met a guy called Sentinel? I have, he's a being of pure energy. Apparently, he wears a containment suit created by Hawke Industries. Something like that might stabilize my condition and the best one to go to for that is either Keira here in Metro City or her mother in New York."

He glances over at Vai and he this times he takes the time to really take her in. Beautiful, extremely tall and sexy. And he didn't find her height intimidating in the least, he actually found it a turn on. But he doesn't tell her that, he can do it later. Right now, business. "Since we're already in Metro City, let's visit Keira Hawke."

Changing into his Green Sentinel Uniform, he flies out of his apartment, phasing through the wall as he does and heads for Hawke Industries. On his way, he sees two other figures flying around, but pays them no mind.

#221 Posted by superion_prime (244 posts) - - Show Bio

@miss_america_:

Superion was finally a Super-Hero and saving lives just like Lana wanted. He still misses her so much and it pains his heart to think of her. But he puts that aside as he spots some interesting activity on the island of Little Bohemia. The small island was basically an amusement park with several beach front hotels and an airport. But now it had even more construction, an Aircraft carrier, several APC's and the like. Was someone preparing for war?

Soon enough, he spots the one who was obviously in charge and he silently lands behind her. When he speaks, his voice is deep but clear, but also with an air of politeness. "Excuse me, miss? Do you have a construction permit?"

#222 Posted by Miss_America_ (1587 posts) - - Show Bio

@superion_prime: Iowa let out a huff of slight annoyance before giving the hero a coy face "That depends, do you have a flying permit?"

The miniaturized navy assets of Iowa remained their small size (A quarter of the real thing) as the APC's drove off on their own to patrol the other side of the island "I won't tell if you won't"

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
#223 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

Warspool merrily skips through the background, intent on finding a Chinese food place that doesn't give him heartburn.

#224 Posted by Miss_America_ (1587 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt: A wild thug appears!

"Give me your money!" he shouts as he aims a banana beneath his coat at Warspool.

#225 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@miss_america_:

As Mr. Sulu would say, "So much for the little training cruise!"

"I mean seriously dude? At least put it in your coat pocket first or something, that just looks weird! Are... are you even wearing underwear?"

He put his arms apart.

"It's like we're twins!"

#226 Posted by Miss_America_ (1587 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt: "Silence!" the thug shouted frustrated as he points the banana at Warspool aggressively making it wibble and bounce.

"I saw your show and I know you have the monies, gimme it!"

#227 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@miss_america_:

Warspool looks around, shrugging as though he's actively engaged in two conversations.

"Look pal, I'm intent on spending exactly $653 at the nearest Chinese buffet, so I don't exactly have enough spare change to give you your next hit of pot paste. But what I will do is invite you on the show next time it airs. You see, I'm incredibly lonely and the Lucy Lawless standees can only shelter so much of my heart. I have a pastrami deli tray! It'll be great, we can eat and play Mario Kart!"

#228 Edited by Miss_America_ (1587 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt: After a few seconds of giving Warspool a skeptical face the thug sheathed his 'weapon' then brushed his own thick beard with his greasy fingers as he nodded his head "Well, that sounds like a good long term investment on my part. You have a deal, I won't shoot you with my banana but you have to ensure I get to be on your show"

#229 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@miss_america_:

"We can go right now, come on - follow me!"

He starts walking away very slowly, almost as if he's expecting a transition of some kind.

#230 Posted by Miss_America_ (1587 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt: Confidently the man followed Warspool with out a worry in the world.

#231 Posted by Silver_Spider_ (1534 posts) - - Show Bio

Can’t believe I’m doing this.

Oh, he was doing this alright. Kane right now was standing on the tallest skyscraper he could find in his homemade, makeshift costume. He was going to jump, he had to. If he was going to be a spider, he had to learn to swing.

Oh, I my webs better work, 'cause if that was fluke, I’m screwed.

Then, he jumped.

YAHOOOO!!!
YAHOOOO!!!

And he fired a web-line.

And he swung to the sky above.

YEAH!!!!
YEAH!!!!

It was the most exhilarating thing in the world. The air rushing past, and the city right below him. All the sights, all the heights.

It was the best moment ever in his entire life.

One week later

Now, this is the best moment of my life.

Finally, he was a hero, a hero with everything he needed.

Communicators, check. Lens online, check. Suit being awesome, check. Powers, check.

The suit being red and blue with a black spider web pattern along with two silver spiders, one on the front, the other on the back. His lens were perfectly situated on his mask, and now he was ready to help out the citizens of Metro City.

What do you have for me today?

Suddenly, his danger sense activates, a buzzing in the back of his head and neck. Then,(and he did not know how he did this), he saw across the street behind several buildings that a black SUV was driving way beyond the speed limit and knocking several cars away from its hulking body. The, Silver Spider’s vision returned to normal. He had some sort of precognition with his danger sense that allow him to see threats, even if he didn’t see them.

Crud, SUV knocking cars over. That’s new.

Right on time, a black SUV rounded the corner, and drove at what Silver thought was about 100 mph or more. His eyes widened when he saw that a mom and her child, a boy, were crossing the street, and if they didn’t get out of the way, they would die. With lightning fast reflexes, he shot a web-strand, and swung into the air, and landed behind the. Grabbing the child and the mother by their clothes, he pushed all of his strength into his legs, jumped, and pulled them into the air with him. They all landed at the sidewalk, and the mother and the little boy turned to him, and the mother said:

“Thank you,” sobbed the mother, as he hugged Kane, “I thought my little boy and I would be-.” She continued sobbing as she hugged the Silver Spider, along with her child who was trying to hug her mom and the costumed man. Silver Spider noticed the boy was crying as well.

The Silver Spider held her and said:

“Shhh, shhh, it’s okay, it’s okay,” The Silver Spider said, then let go of her, “I need to stop those jerks from hurting anyone else. You take care of your little boy, and I’ll take care of those jerks, ‘kay?”

The mother nodded, and the Silver Spider gave a salute. He then took off, flying several hundred feet into the air before firing off another web strand. He kept swinging, and saw the vehicle driving down the street, and then taking a turn.

You’re not getting away that easily. Not after what you nearly did.

Cutting across several buildings with extreme acrobatic ability, and some web lines, Silver Spider had finally caught up with the huge getaway SUV. Several police vehicles were on the SUV’s tail. Then, suddenly as if from an action movie, one of the men in the black mask and suit opens a door on the top of the huge, army SUV, and was now wielding a machine gun. He begins firing several rounds at the police who swerve out of the way.

"NO!!!!" said the Webbed Wonder, as he yelled to distract the gunman.

Swinging into view, Silver Spider was swinging after them. He had nearly caught up, but the man saw him, and fired several rounds at him. Swinging left and right, using his enhanced reflexes, speed, and coordination as the bullets missed and soared past him into the air, then he landed on the top of the SUV. Then, shooting a web-line, he kicked and then jumped over the gunman, attaching the web line to him, and watched as he soared out of the SUV, and into the sky.

"See ya."

I guess you'll have to hang around for the police.

Then, wall-crawling along the side of the vehicle, Kane decided to take out the passenger first. He then got on the perfect position, right at the door, and punched through the glass. Unluckily, he didn't quite hit the passenger. The passenger in the black mask unlocked the door and opened it trying to get the wall-crawler off the truck. Silver Spider was almost thrown off of it if not for his danger sense and reflexes saving him from becoming roadkill.

"Hello! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Now that's just rude."

Pulling himself up, Silver decided to end this and quick. Pulling himself up, and jumping onto the hood of the SUV, Silver Spider punched through the glass with his enhanced strength, and started webbing them all up in their seats. After that, he pulled the key out of the ignition. The car slowed to a complete stop, and Silver Spider jumped off the hood. Then, he sensed danger again, and his flash precognition kicked in. He saw several more gunman coming out the back, and shooting at the police. Before this became a reality, Kane jumped over the SUV with all of his strength, and landed several yards away from the back doors of the SUV. The men came out, but before they could fire off the first round, Silver Spider quickly shot several web-lines at their weapons, and pulled them out of their hands into the air. Then, finally, while the guns were in the air, he added more webs to the guns until the end result was a sac of guns from his organic webs. Then, facing the gunmen, Silver Spider had something to say.

“If anyone needs to use the restroom, now’s a good time,” The Silver Spider said, grinning under his mask, "Because today will be a long, long day for you all."

Then, the gunmen stared at him, well at least Kane thought they were, it was hard to tell with the masks. The police had finally caught up to them, and stopped their cars several yards away . Then each officer got out of their cars, and began training their guns at Silver and the gunmen. Silver then started to hear footsteps with his enhanced hearing, and saw that some of the group of gunmen were making a run for it. Firing some more webs at their legs, the escaping gunmen tripped onto the ground in which they were attached to. He then turned to the police, who had their guns now trained on the whole group of criminals.

“There you go. Criminals arrested, and all is good in the world. Let’s throw a party. Yay!” Silver said in a joking tone, “Anyway, I gotta go and stuff.”

“No, you can’t,” One of the officers said in a deadly serious tone, “You are going to come with us, kid.”

"What? Am I hearing correctly? No, thank you? Nothing? Kane said, “Well, sorry to disappoint, but I have a life to get back to. Silver Spider is the name. So, see ya!” Kane then saluted, and swung off back home, but not before patrolling a few more streets to make sure everything was alright.

Back at home

“And that concludes our breaking news. Criminals caught by new spider hero in our dear city. Today was unlike any other,” the newscaster concluded after reporting the events

“Wow, isn't that something?" said Kane's foster mother, Anna, as she started cooking some food for the both of them, "That spider-guy helped the police and even saved that mother and her, boy. Too bad the police seem to dislike him."

Kane put on a fake look of interest as he did his homework, while taking a minute to watch the footage of the whole incident, the smells of the food his mother was cooking were amplified by his enhanced senses, and said:

"Yeah, that's something. That spider-hero-dude seems pretty cool. I can't believe theirs a new hero around here to help."

I also still can't believe my mother is the best cook ever. Literally, she needs to teach me her secrets.

"Well, believe it. Looks like we have a guardian angel here for us," replied Anna, "And whoever he is, I hope he is proud of himself. He helped a lot of people, and I'm happy no one got hurt."

"Yeah, I think he is," Kane said, "I mean, why wouldn't he be?"

"You're probably right. Now, eat your food," Anna said as she produced two plates full of steaming food, one ofr herself and the other for yours truly.

Kane taking his plate, watched the footage of the whole even as it played one last time on the News Channel.

I did it. I helped those people. Even more, my mom said Silver Spider, me, should be proud, and that I'm a guardian angel. She's happy. That is the best thing in the world, to make her happy. That alone is worth the hard work and the cuts and bruises.

Kane couldn't stop himself from grinning a bit before taking a bite out of his food.

I am officially a hero now. Scratch that. I'm a superhero.

And so this was the beginning of: The Spectacular Silver Spider.

(OOC: @no one in particular. This is just to establish my character. I'm okay with a follow up to this by anyone.)

#232 Posted by Miss_Japan (483 posts) - - Show Bio

@miss_america_:

Holding a copy of the letter that she had sent to Ammy recently, one of the many practice drafts that she had written out of anxiety prior to sending one, Kongou swallowed and worked up the resolve to make the trip to America. She had been studying their customs and language for a few weeks now and had convinced herself that she wouldn't come across any trouble during her stay. At least... no more trouble than she had already expected. Ammy had been informing her of her panic attacks recently. The division of the minds of the people of her country was taking its tool on Iowa. They had been taking a break from one another, but in light of recent events, Kongou decided that it would be best if she paid Ammy a visit.

She made herself a custom cruiser for the trip and arrived in mere hours after taking off. Kongou was a mindful sort, and had already prepared her Visa, set out her luggage, and cleared her schedule for the trip. The entire time, waves of anxiety regarding aspects of American culture that she may have forgotten to study battered against her mind. Surprising, the turbulence of her mind turned to turpor as she arrived upon the shores of America. At that point, she decided that it was too late to make anymore preparations. After docking, she looked around for her comrade only to find... nothing. Kongou's face grew red as she scanned the empty doc.

"Why did I even make this trip? I told her to be here at 3:00pm. 3:00pm! I even gave her US time so she wouldn't get confused. Argggh!" Kongou grumbled to herself.

After waiting for half and hour and receiving no greeting, Kongou sent out a miniature ship carrying rockets. The ship, after reaching a few dozen meters, would begin to fire low-yeild rockets into the sky. They were less visible than they would be at night, but their explosions would be loud and bright, easily gathering attention. This was her last attempt at reaching her comrade. She began to regret not bringing a phone, but acknowledged that she wouldn't have had any signal there anyways...

#233 Edited by Hope_ (171 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_:

Beaming, he took a chance and stole another lingering glance while her gaze was fixed the broad metropolis, head slightly cocked to the side as he pondered what he should do or say next. He couldn't help glancing at her breathtaking features. The way her pretty eyes sparkled with innocence like perfect pearls of blue. The way her smile shone with optimism. Even the ease of talking to her as they flew around the city. If he were to take this attraction further, he felt he needed to act. To do or say something. Fast. There could be no margin of shyness.

And he knew exactly what to say.

"Maybe I could, er, show you space sometime. When you're not busy down here, I mean," he quietly said, looking away from her.

Hope looked over at him again and her heart skipped a beat. He is TOTALLY asking you out. Don't say anything dumb, don't say anything dumb..."I would love that." She said with a smile. "I would absolutely love that." Absolutely? Oh geeze...way to over do it. Now he's going to know you like him. "I mean...you know...if it's not too much trouble." She tried to recover but that didn't really help either. Maybe I'd just be better off...no, no a lady does not initiate, she waits for him to ask her.

#234 Edited by Miss_America_ (1587 posts) - - Show Bio

@miss_japan: Ammy did indeed receive the letter from her close companion but was divided between being elated at the news and unnerved How I would talk to her after all the horrible things I've done and said to her so many times. She contemplated to herself while gently nibbling the tips of her finger nails in a nervous fashion "I'm nothing but a screw up, a hopeless one and still she forgives me" Iowa sobbed a little and wiped some tears away from her as she checked the dated time "I-I think its best if I kept my distance" she commented with trembling lips and disappointment filled eyes.

Hours later there were some low-yield rockets fired into the sky by the docks where Iowa was sitting down not to far away in deep thought, "It's 3:05 P.M" she commented with anxiety as her heart race She's there waiting for me, I just hope she forgives me! finally mustering up the nerve to face her demons the blonde put up a smile and headed her way.

"KOOOONGOUUU!" Iowa cheered with a hoping smile mixed with some anxiousness as she waved towards her beloved before rushing her in a embraced hug.

"I missed you so much so very very much, oh Kongou I 'm so sorry for everything I love you!"

#235 Posted by Miss_Japan (483 posts) - - Show Bio

@miss_america_:

Kongo was still very much angry with the woman who was embracing her, but the love in her words and the comfort of her bosom chipped away at her animosity rather quickly. After a few moments of subjecting Iowa to unanswered affection, she hugged her back, truly enjoying the reunion. Still holding onto her, she spoke. Unlike her actions, here words were still guided by her pride.

"You know, I only came here because I heard you may be in trouble soon. I'm still mad at you, and if I let you get hurt, well, who would I have to be mad at then? Plus, it gets kinda boring when you're not around," Kongou explained, her stoic countenance melting away into a playful smile as her thoughts reviewed her words.

"Maybe treat me to some... early dinner? It'd help me to stop being angry a bit faster. Plus you can explain to me what exactly has been going on around here. I know there's trouble in the white house, but you've been rather vague about everything. Is there anything I can do to help?" Kongou asked, finally stepping away from her comrade.

#236 Posted by Hope_ (171 posts) - - Show Bio
#237 Edited by Miss_America_ (1587 posts) - - Show Bio

@miss_japan: Iowa nodded her head eagerly to the first few statements before holding her own head in pain after the others "Muh" she replied in distress "that's a little bit too much for even me to process at the time Kongou Bongou" after shaking her head and the migraine off she gave a relieved smile "but I'll be eager to in due time"

Giving her Japanese companion an eager face "Hey, I know you just traveled like an ocean away but wouldn't you like to have some fun?" Iowa cocked her head while giving a coy face "remember pretend war?" she gestured past the islands "there's enough space over there for us to have a little fun with out anyone complaining about ships,planes,tanks"

#238 Posted by Miss_America_ (1587 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_: (Don't remember the name of my first account, originally from the versus debate area but made some accounts for the RP area :p)

#239 Posted by Hope_ (171 posts) - - Show Bio
#240 Posted by superion_prime (244 posts) - - Show Bio

@silver_spider_: Superion heard trouble from downtown and so he flew there to meet the emergency. But by the time he got there, he saw the situation was being taken care of by a hero with an obvious spider like theme to his costume. Curious, Superion decided to hang back and see what this new hero could do. And the Man of Steel was not disappointed to see a job well done. The police didn't like him, though, but if Superion had his way, their tune would change.

Knowing the value of a secret identity, Superion chose not to follow Metro City's newest crime fighter. It was none of his business anyway. He only smiled, glad this city seems to be so well protected. Instead, he went back to his reporter's identity as Clark Lane and write up an article on the newest hero in town, the Silver Spider. Clark wrote an article stating clearly that the Silver Spider stopped some bad guys and was a true hero. Once the article was printed and put out on the streets, he smiled because he knew the police would read it and give them pause. Perhaps they would even cut the kid a break next time they encountered him.

Superion determined right then that the smaller crimes and threats could be handled by this new kid. But when it came to the larger threats, Superion would step in. And he had plenty to keep him busy because there was always something new to fight.

#241 Posted by superion_prime (244 posts) - - Show Bio

@miss_america_: (OOC: I echo what Hope said, welcome to the RPG section. I hope you have some fun ^_^)

#242 Edited by Dreadstroke (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_:

YES!

"Not even a little trouble," said Raymond, smiling back at her, inwardly leaping with delight. Perhaps he was reading into things a little bit, but just now he'd gotten the slightest inkling that he wasn't the only one standing on this rooftop with an attraction.

Nice job! Keep it going, keep it going.

"Pick you up at 7 tomorrow night, this building?" He asked.

#243 Posted by Miss_Japan (483 posts) - - Show Bio

@miss_america_:

"I'm here for three minutes, and the first thing she wants to do is fight me..." Kongou thought to herself, "Never a dull moment indeed"

No Caption Provided

She put her left hand on her hip and struck a familiar pose of pride and honor. She took a deep breath, readied her diaphragm and deeply yet theatrically spoke:

"Your forces will fall under the might of Japan. Ready yourself with a humorous speech for when you fail! When you life relies entirely on the mercy of your victorious opponent, it is wise to ensure that they at least find you character pleasant, for they will likely have no other reason to spare you!"

She giggled a bit after her brief presentation, confident that her companion would not be able to produce such a quotable statement. She walked to the edge of the water and began setting up a miniature army with which to play and practice with Iowa.

(OOC: I know it's kinda short, but I wanted to respond before tomorrow)

#244 Edited by Miss_America_ (1587 posts) - - Show Bio

@miss_japan: Knowing she couldn't really compete with Kongou's theatrics the american spirit replied in her own witty way "Ohh no" Iowa placed the back of her palm next to her own temple "If I fail I will be your prisoner, what possibly awful deeds you would do to my body if I don't cooperate" Iowa followed this statement with a wink to Kongou.

Not too soon afterwards Iowa snapped her fingers before stating her game terms

"Okay, here's the set up"

[Budget, 10,000 Points]

[Navy Asset, Submarine 1,500 points]

[Navy Asset, Aircraft Carrier 1,000 Points]

[Navy Asset, Destroyer 500 points]

[Air Asset, Jet Fighter 100 Points]

[Air Asset, Jet Bomber 100 Points]

"First person to eliminate all of the other enemies forces" Iowa placed her hands on her hips as she grinned "will be defeated and have no other choice but to surrender themselves as prisoner to the victor!"

Iowa's miniaturized assets then manifested a few yards away from Kongou's but still faced them head on.

It consisted of

3 Assualt Carriers

1 Submarine

1 Destroyer

30 Jet Fighters

20 Jet Bombers

"Your move" Iowa replied back with a determined face as she launched her fighters to escort her bombers in an attempt to bomb Kongou's navy assets mean while Iowa kept her submarine hidden.

#245 Posted by Silver_Spider_ (1534 posts) - - Show Bio

@superion_prime:

"Time to wake up, Kane," Anna, his mother called to him, "You have to get ready for school."

Kane hearing his aunt, got up immediately, and began dress and get himself prepared for the day ahead. Having his costume under his clothes and socks, Kane put the mask and gloves into his backpack under his books. He then headed down, and started to eat his breakfast. As he did, so he saw a newspaper that talked about the events of yesterday, and that it was written by a certain Clark Lane.

Looks like I'm not the only one who thought I did a good job. Good thing I'm getting good press. Then again, I'm not in this for the fame.

After finishing his breakfast, Kane headed out the door, putting his communicators on. He started listening to some music as he walked to the bus stop waiting for the bus.

@miss_america_: @miss_japan:

While listening to his music, his communicators stopped playing, and suddenly the automated voice of Orb came on.

"Sir, there seems to be a disturbance, several explosions were seen and heard by several cameras," Orb said.

"I swear Orb, if these are fireworks, I'm gonna kill you," Kane said, as ran into an alley way to change.

Checking for any security cameras, which he found none, he quickly pulled off his civilian clothes, and wore his mask and gloves. Placing his civilian clothes into his bag, and firing two web lines, Silver was going to slingshot himself to save time. Pulling himself back as far as he could, he took his feet off the ground, and flew at phenomenal speeds. Then he followed his mini-map and his A.I.'s directions as he web-swinged to the area.

Finally, reaching where the explosions were seen, he looked to see what the problem was. What he saw astounded him, he saw two women, one who wore robes that you would seen in Japan, and the other looked like she was the personification of America with all the red, white, and blue.They each seemed to having a some mini-versions of tanks and whatnot.

Okay, either this is a crazy convention or something is up.

Deciding to hang back in case there would be any problems, he would stay here for about 5 to 10 minutes before leaving since he really needed to get to his high school.

What is going on? Mini-World War 3?

#246 Posted by Miss_Japan (483 posts) - - Show Bio

@miss_america_: (OOC: I'm not gonna name what ships they are, but just assume that my navy is a little bigger than yours, but squishier. I'll be fair. I'm sticking with the accuracy and resource thing to go along with that.)

Kongou understood the strengths of her army when compared to Iowa's. The ships that Iowa relied on were far more durable and packed more firepower, but Kongou's fleet had superior threat detection, accuracy, and speed. She decided that a kiting strategy was in order to best her comrade, keeping her out of range and delivering unanswered attacks

Kongou had her planes engage Iowa's directly to keep them from reaching her ships. Her fleet on the otherhand made a quick U-turn and began dropping depth charges and mines to create a wall of defense to punish ships and submarines wishing to get in range while also maintaining the safe distance. As her ships retreated, they were unable to utilize their front-facing torpedoes and instead began pelting Iowa's ships with their long range ship-to-ship cannons to begin wearing them down.

Kongou worried about the success of her planes, but kept her submarines near her fleet, keeping them away from the field of explosives and relying on her ships to do continuous damage to Iowa's fleet as her planes kept Iowa's occupied. After setting up her battle strategy, she continued to gloat.

"Your army's might may be great, but this is a battle of technique! No matter, once I've made you my prisoner, there are a few... other techniques that I plan on showing you," she replied, alluringly.

@silver_spider_:

She then noticed a strange creature with the size of your average highschool nerd stamp itself to a brick wall and begin to watch them.

"Uh... is that a friend of yours? Some new type of paparazzi?", Kongou asked Iowa, somewhat concerned.

#247 Edited by Miss_America_ (1587 posts) - - Show Bio

@miss_japan: Iowa bit her inner cheek gently as she contemplated a plan to work around the more nimble Japanese forces.

She micromanaged her forces rapidly with individual orders thus using detailed commands to make up for lack of speed and accuracy, the Aircraft Carriers on the American fleet had great durability but were not meant for ship to ship combat which was a gamble that forced Iowa to rely on aircraft to secure victory.

"Well then" Iowa replied back confidently with a coy face while leaning her hip to the side "I guess its a good thing that I'm a fast learner"

Iowa's ships copied Kongou's retreat even going as far as dropping depth charges of their own, mean while Iowa's only submarine recon'd how many ships Kongou had before launching its attempt to go around the traps in a bid to shoot down or cripple one of the Japanese ships.

Iowa's air assets went for blitzkrieg type attack as her bombers furiously tried to catch up to Kongou's destroyers and destroy them while the fighters divided some of their forces to shield bombers from gunfire but also try to prioritise gunning down fighters going after Iowa's bombers.

@silver_spider_: Iowa noticed too the individual staring at them but didn't say anything until Kongou asked "He's no friend of mine, but he is probably just someone with nothing better to do but stalk women" Iowa replied back in a low voice but also in a reassuring tone to Kongou.

#248 Edited by Miss_Japan (483 posts) - - Show Bio

@miss_america_:

Kongou smiled as she assessed the results of her opponent's moves. Although Kongou's ships were out of the range of Iowa's, Miss America's ships still had quite a distance to go before reaching a safe distance and being out of Miss Japan's range. With this in mind, Kongou halted the retreat of her ships and continued inflicting damage on Iowa's ships with heavy munitions until they could no longer hit.

As Iowa's planes focused their efforts towards destroying Kongou's fleet, they left themselves vulnerable to the pincer attack that she had been planning for them. No longer engaging Kongou's planes, Iowa's planes were left open for unanswered assault from Kongou's aircrafts that had been focusing their efforts on destroying them and were now pursuing them and launching attacks from behind as they approached Kongou's now still fleet.

With the approach of Iowa's aircraft, Kongou decided to make use of the submarines that she had kept idle until now. Her own planes were weary of the attacks that would be launched by the submarines and would evade if necessary. Kongou then ordered her planes to maintain a safe distance behind Iowa's while continuing their assault to avoid heat-tracking confusion, and had her submarines launch surface-to-air missiles that would hopefully intercept and down the rushing planes. Kongou hoped that the increased speed with which the planes flew would reduce their maneuverability and make them an easy mid-air target. Although Iowa's ships were very sturdy, a plane, regardless of its origin, can only take so much damage, and she had confidence in her defense.

Kongou was mindful of the submarines approaching from below, but knew that it would take some time for them to navigate the explosive field made even larger and deadlier by Iowa's own volatile contributions. She would deal with them momentarily, but with her larger fleet size, she knew that she could sacrifice a ship or two to focus her efforts on annihilating Iowa's fleet and planes.

To summarize the scenario: Kongou continued a heavy assault on Iowa's retreating fleet while launching a pincer attack of heavy machine-gun fire from behind and surface to air missiles from in front and below to counter her rushing air squadron. She was also relying on the large field of explosives to slow down Iowa's ships in the meantime.

#249 Edited by Miss_America_ (1587 posts) - - Show Bio

@miss_japan

Iowa's body tensed and her pupils dilated slightly as she saw her first causalities, three out of thirty fighters were destroyed by Kongou's own fighters which made Iowa give the command for her air assets to climb several meters higher into the air.

More casualties were followed as she lost an aircraft carrier but fortunately Iowa's submarine provided her with a much needed force multiplier and that was intel, the submarine reported movements of Kongou's submarines and thanks to Iowa's careful examination of the decrease in speed from Kongou's air assets; implied altogether a high probability of a incoming submarine attack.

There's one thing Kongou knows about me and its that I'm very stubborn, ten American jet fighters did a rapid inside loop as they approached the predicted submarine kill zone in an attempt to maneuver behind Kongou's jets and force them to break up or accelerate faster into Kongou's own anti-air attack.

The Japanese attack is soon sprung and another ten American fighter escorts were killed by the submarine attack leaving Kongou's kill toll 14-0, but five American bombers took advantage of this to counter attack and dropped their payload onto the submarines that revealed their positions.

The two remaining aircraft carriers were now out of range of Kongou's navy ships and began looping around the sea filled with underwater mines in order to flank the stationary Japanese ships, mean while fifteen American bombers were now with in attacking distance of the Japanese fleet; the fifteen bombers split up into squads of three and aimed to take out the destroyers.

Each one of Kongou's destroyers will face a single wave of an incoming five carpet bomb strong barrage before the bombers focused on the rest of the fleet!

#250 Posted by Miss_Japan (483 posts) - - Show Bio

@miss_america_:

Kongou knew that Iowa's biggest threat to her in this current situation was her airforce, the quickest units who could get into range and put some serious damage on her less durable ships. As Iowa's fleet of ships and submarines were navigating the minefield, she decided to put her best efforts in towards negating this threat before the others became an issue.

As the first rounds of bombs dropped, Kongou would lose one of her submarines. She immediately had the rest drop to lower depths to avoid and reduce further damage, and divert their attention away from the planes. They would focus their attention elsewhere shortly.

Her destroyers were also bombarded, and thankfully only one was lost in the attack, but a few others had received some damage. She concluded that it was best to have them start moving to become harder targets to hit, but decided that she needed them to remain relatively still to further improve their accuracy for a counter attack.

At the moment, she still had a number advantage and decided to remain on the offensive. With about half of Iowa's fighters destroyed and with Kongou's airforce being larger than Iowa's initial count, she decided to continue her assault against the enemy planes, but commanded her fighters to focus the bombers and remove them from the equation. The fighters were problematic for her airforce, but they were much less dangerous to her ships at the moment and were a secondary target for her planes.

With Iowa's planes now in range of her ship's anti-aircraft guns, they were now under assault not only by a much larger airforce, but by the very ships who had nothing else to target but them at the moment. As Kongou's destroyers assaulted the planes in unison with her fighters, her ships split formation and aligned themselves in two different directions parallel with the barrier of mines that divided the two forces. Their position was in synch with the positions of the submarines deep beneath the sea now.

Kongou understood that Iowa's ships functioned much like her own in that they could only fire torpedos in the direction that they were facing, and decided to use that to her advantage. With Iowa's forces being the one's advancing, the one's who would have to turn after passing the barrier to fire, her submarines would launch a pre-emptive torpedo strike from both her submarines and destroyers to intercept the enemy ships before they could turn and return fire. On top of that, they would launch this assault before the ships were in range of gunfire as well, making it a truly pre-emptive attack

To conclude her turn, Kongou ordered her ships to continue retreating and kiting the enemy fleet with ballistics and torpedos after launching that first assault, making the first priority to stay out of the enemies range and rely on that distance for safety.

To summarize the turn: Iowa's planes would be attacked by her own larger airforce and the destroyers, but extra focus would be put on eliminating the bombers. Submarines have dived too low to attack planes with missiles, but are preparing to assault the fleet after they turn the corner and are in range. Destroyers have turned and will join the submarines in their pre-emptive assault while continuing to attack any planes that are left with anti-aircraft guns. All units except for the airforce will flee and kite attackers after the initial assault.