Avatar image for green_sentinelx
#151 Posted by Green_SentinelX (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai:

Since Hal lost his memory, he didn't even know he had blue eyes, so having green is not such a startling thing for him. "Really? Weird." He says.

Then he stares down at his ring, wondering if it can restore more memories since it helped jog one earlier. "Ring, can you restore all my memories?"

[Affirmative]

Hal glances at Vai with a smile, then he looks back down at his ring. He couldn't but feel a bit excited at the idea of getting his memories back, "Do it!"

[Insufficient Willpower]

Hal blinks, dumbfounded, "What?! You helped me earlier!" Talk about frustration! Wait...insufficient willpower? Willpower?! WILLPOWER! That's it! The rings work on willpower! Hal closes his eyes and hears his ring speak again.

[Willpower Levels Increasing...]

[Commencing Memory Recall...]

An explosion of memories comes into Hal's head as his command is received and obeyed by his ring. He remembers childhood, flying with his uncle. He remembers the plane crash that killed him and miles and miles of wilderness Hal had to travel alone. He remembers going into the air force, becoming a great pilot in a short time but then getting court martialed. Hal remembers it all, he remembers everything.

He watches a vague image in his head as Vai dies in his arms and the events that lead up to that. From the back of his mind, he hears screaming and slowly comes to realize it's not someone, it's him. He MUST do that he can to prevent this future from happening! He has to save Vai!

As Hal screams a long drawn out 'no', his body changes. He becomes transparent and turns completely green. But if Vai tries to touch him, he is, despite his transparency, solid enough to touch. But he does not feel like he's flesh and bone, but rather made of energy. What in the world was going on?! What was happening to him?! Was he transforming into something more than human?!

#152 Posted by Vai (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

Oh you are full of surprises... Vai was at this point well out of her league. She looked at him for a moment and then eventually moved closer, uncertain and not quite sure what to make of the transformation either. "Hal? You ok? You're kind of...a construct of energy now. What was it you were screaming about? What did you remember?" She asked but tried to slow down her thought process so she wouldn't get to worked up and stop thinking clearly about the matter at hand.

Ring, I don't suppose you know what the hell is going on do you? She wondered in the direction of her ring, hoping for answers other than more confusion. A few answers would give her an idea of what direction to take in the next few moments.

#153 Edited by Green_SentinelX (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai:

The day has been an understatement on surprises. Poor Vai. In response to Vai's thoughts, her ring speaks. It's a different sounding voice than Hal's, unique to each ring wielder.

[Detecting Extreme Levels of Willpower Concentrated at a single point]

Hal just kind of, floats there and his eyes are glazed over. Then he blinks a few a times at her. What did Vai's ring mean, extreme levels of willpower?! Wait...did Hal just transform into pure willpower?!

Whatever the case, Hal snaps out of it and notices the change, finally. He is just as surprised as Vai is as he stares at his hands. "What...am I?" He doesn't want to be this! He shuts his eyes tight then concentrates. It takes all his willpower to turn back to normal. He pants a little from the exertion it took and then looks at Vai, "I..." He was wondering if he should tell her, "I...Vai..." He grabs her shoulders and looks her in the eye, "Vai, don't go back to Jurassic World. Promise me."

Avatar image for apex_predator87
#154 Edited by Apex_Predator87 (113 posts) - - Show Bio

No profile yet due to the limits of Comic Vine

#155 Edited by Vai (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

"Well that was...different." Vai said with a bemused expression. "Don't go back to Jurassic World? Why? It's kind of one of my mother's homes and all. Why wouldn't I go back?" She asked, cocking her head slightly and beginning to wonder if he had some sort of exposure to a possible future time line. Oh boy, do I get to explain how time can be re-written? Or the Final Crisis paradox? This a lot for the first time meeting someone. She thought, half amused and half concerned.

#156 Posted by Green_SentinelX (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai:

Hal was not sure telling her was such a good idea, but perhaps by telling her then time could, indeed, be re-written. He also did not wish to withhold vital information only for them to fight later, he's seen too many movies and TV shows where that kind of crap happens. He wants to be different from that and stand apart. So, he tells her everything...

"I saw you in Jurassic World and I was there too helping you fight off some bad guys. When the fight was over, one of the bad guys fires some kind of laser and it hits you. It completely disintegrates you." Hal was upset, that much was clear. He had just met this woman and already he considers her a good friend. He doesn't want to see her die and sets his jaw tight, determining that now that he knows her future, she won't die. She will live, even if he has to trade places and die in her place. But he doesn't mention that part, if she knew what was planning, she'd stop him.

#157 Posted by Vai (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

Vai nodded a little, considering his story for a moment. "Hal, for every moment of time, for every major decision in life, there are a series of infinite realities. Every parallel universe we're familiar with started at a point like that. We can't go through life in fear of the next moment, it would be crippling. Just because you see something in the time line doesn't mean its part of our time line, or even that it's written in stone if it is."

She shook her head. "I can't avoid going to Jurassic World, it's very important to my mother and it's where she spends a fair amount of her time."

#158 Posted by Green_SentinelX (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai:

Hal remains silent, thinking about what she said. She's right, of course. At this time, Hal lifts his hand and stares at his ring.The ring did not choose Hal because of his willpower, it chose him because he has the ability to overcome great fear. And he could not go through life fearing what 'might' happen. Maybe Vai does die in some alternate time line, but Hal will make sure that won't happen in this time line. Just as a precaution, he's going to keep an eye on her.

Hal lowers his hand and looks Vai in the eyes. Suddenly, he smiles at her, taking his left hand away from her shoulder, "And after what I've seen what you can do, I couldn't stop you from going" He says with a teasing wink. Then he becomes serious, "Thank you, Vai, for coming back in time to help me. Now, let's say we go back to the present? As much fun as the age of the dinosaurs is, I need to shave, take a shower and get some sleep. I don't know about you, but I'm exhausted. We can deal with my changes a little later, find out what's going on."

#159 Posted by Vai (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

Vai smiled. "My species holds friendship in very high regard." She said. "There's something else with friends too.." She said with a growing smile. "Your people call it friends with benefits, my people call it just being friends. You have room in that shower for two, or should I drop you off at your place and call it a night?"

I know what he means about taking a shower, this place is...well my mother would love it, but it's not for me. Give me sky scrapers and sunny beaches any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Nothing more relaxing than a nice warm beach. She mused. Speaking of relaxing...I need to figure out what he saw, but not today...enough has gone on today.

#160 Posted by Green_SentinelX (176 posts) - - Show Bio

The thought of taking a shower with such a beautiful woman was such a huge turn on. And from the way Hal is looking at her, Vai would be able to tell he likes the thought of sharing a shower with her. But...and there's a but...he reaches a hand to cheek, hoping it feels good on her part to have his hand there. "I call that a girlfriend or a wife." He says with a wide smile, honestly not giving much thought to getting married to anyone. Then he says, his hand still on her cheek, his smile turning into a grin, "Please don't take this the wrong way, but it's too soon, too fast, for that." But he wouldn't mind it at all if she wanted to spend the night, but it was up to her. Mostly because he was waiting to see how well she'd react to the rejection of taking a shower with him. If she took it well, he'd offer her a place to stay the night, unless she asked him first.

Hal takes his hand away from her cheek, watching to see how she'd react or if he misunderstood her intentions.

#161 Posted by Vai (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

Vai was used to weird human hangups about relationships by now, it was why she'd asked rather than just try to start something. She smiled a little and took his hand, squeezing it gently for a moment before releasing it. "It's alright, I know how humans sometimes view these things. Let's get you home Hal and then we'll talk about sleeping arrangements."

#162 Posted by Green_SentinelX (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai: Hal could tell there was a little disappointment there, but something she seemed to expect. She reacted very well, even better than he thought and that was a good sign. Hal did not care what the tabloids will, without a doubt, say about them being together. A rich girl who gave everyone the false impression she was shallow and thought she was better than everyone else dating a reporter. But Hal didn't care about that, he knew the true woman that Vai let him see.

Hal's half grin turned, again, into a smile. "You got yourself a deal. Let's do this together." He grabs her right hand with his right and he closes his eyes, focusing all his willpower for what comes next. Hopefully, Vai follows suit. Hal imagines his apartment, wills himself there and ring responds to the willpower being pumped through it. Green energy coalesces around him, and hopefully Vai, as he enters the time stream.

No Caption Provided

If Vai opens her eyes, she would see someone else traveling along with them some distance away. He did not seem to notice the pair yet as he seems busy absorbing chronal energy. He looks like a man that was in his 40's with grey temples, a man weighed down with burdens and cares. A man who has suffered much and seen too much.

#163 Posted by Vai (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

Time stream is busy today. She mused as Vai saw someone heading their way. Well aware of the nature of this form of time travel Vai gently released Hal's hand, aware he wouldn't drift off course or anything now that he was traveling under his own will and smiled a bit. "Busy time stream." She told him, though deep down she found herself concerned by the presence of another individual. Time Siphon warnings about temporal paradoxes and the thinning of the barrier between realities fresh in her mind.

"Hello fellow traveler!" She called out to grab the man's attention and though she sounded friendly and unconcerned, she was in fact on high alert. There just weren't that many time travelers and this put her on edge. And it's entirely possible we'll draw a rogue Time Siphon with all this temporal travel. Draws those things like flies to a corpse.

#164 Edited by Green_SentinelX (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai:

Hal opens his eyes and looks at her, "What do you mean?" But when he goes to look, he suddenly finds himself back in his apartment in the present day. He looks around, "Vai? Vai?!" This all happened so quickly, Hal did not get to see who Vai was talking to. Hey, at least he was back home.

The mysterious traveler stops absorbing chronal energy when Vai calls to him. When he sees them, he lifts one hand that glows with a familiar looking green light, then with a mere gesture towards Hal, Vai's boyfriend vanishes back to his own time. The Mystery Traveler stares at Vai for a moment, not saying a word. Something about this man might seem eerily familiar, but it's like trying to remember someone, or something, that one has not seen in many years. It's like a faded memory in the back of someone's mind, but one cannot seem to grasp it fully. Whoever this man is, he seems unconcerned with any potential Time Siphon. In fact, where were they? Was this man powerful enough to evade them?

Either way, the mystery traveler suddenly looks at Vai with a look of utter and complete sadness, regret and loss. Then he looks away, vanishing into the time stream himself and going who knows where.

#165 Posted by Vai (518 posts) - - Show Bio
#166 Posted by Green_SentinelX (176 posts) - - Show Bio
#167 Posted by Vai (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

I have a bad feeling about who that was. This time travel crap has to stop, we're ripping apart the barriers between realities, not to mention confusing everyone.

Vai shook her head, sighed and completed her journey to appear next to Hal in his apartment again. "That was one of the more bizarre days I've ever had. It's not often I say that either. We still don't know how you ended up back in time, or do you remember who attacked you and why?" She wondered. "I suspect it's going to lead to more bizarre days ahead though." She said. Vai sighed and shifted out of her green sentinel uniform and back into her street clothes. She also folded her wings and once more shape shifted them out of the visual range.

"I need to talk to a friend of mine tomorrow...someone who knows this stuff better than either one of us could ever hopeto."

#168 Edited by Green_SentinelX (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai:

No Caption Provided

After Vai does not immediately appear, Hal tries to scan for her with his ring but it fails to pick up anything. So, he walks into the bathroom and cleans up, shaves and takes a shower. Afterwards, he gets dressed and then walks into the living room where he had re-appeared earlier when he came back from the past. Right, he remembered that when he was sucked into the time line, his bed and everything in his room was taken. Thus, he has no bed of his own.

But he does have a spare bedroom, mostly because his sister likes to stay over sometimes, and the couch that can turn into a day bed. So, the day bed would be for Vai and...he nearly bumbs into her when she appears right in front of him! After hearing her talk, Hal takes it in stride. It's also been a pretty weird day for him too. "I do remember, but he didn't attack me. He sent me back in time, but he didn't say anything. No idea who he is or why he sent me back to the age of dinosaurs. He seemed familiar, though, like I knew him from somewhere, but I can't for the life of me remember where."

Hal was frustrated and just as puzzled over this as Vai was. "I'd coming too, unless you'd rather I stay behind." Hal wants answers himself, but time enough for that tomorrow.

#169 Posted by Vai (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

"You can come with me." Vai said with a smile. "She can give us some answers...but let's save that for tomorrow." Since he'd nearly walked into her she put her hands on his hips to make him a bit more stable and just because he was already that close to her. She smiled after a moment and moved past him, walking around the room a bit and observing the loss of the bedroom, or at least, it's use of a bedroom.

"I'm concerned about the time traveler, if I recall my temporal theory correctly, believing you know someone but not being able to place it, in these circumstances, is not a good sign. Also, always ask a Time Siphon, if you know one...and if they aren't aggressive."

#170 Posted by Green_SentinelX (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai:

Vai's hands on his hips sent pleasurable ripples through his body and he liked the feel of her hands there, but the feeling quickly faded away as Vai checked out his bedroom. Hal speaks his mind even as he prepares the couch, turning it into a day bed so he could sleep on it. Vai can have the spared bedroom, the one that his sister Lois uses most of the time.

"Unfortunately, I don't know a Time Siphon, never even heard of it before now. What are they?" He asks, genuinely curious about these things. Hal has made a few time traveling trips before, as has his buddy Barry, but neither of them have ever encountered a Time Siphon. At least...not yet anyway.

#171 Posted by Vai (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

"They're a race of Temporal Vampires, usually pretty nasty characters, but there are a few decent ones out there." Vai said. "They feed on time, specifically the remaining time or life span of their victims. They breath time practically like we do air, they can feel it, see it even. I happen to know...two of them." Vai added. "Not bad ones though, you can trust them."

She turned to face him again and smiled. Her eyes shifted to his work with the couch and she cocked her head. "Don't tell me you're giving yourself the couch?"

#173 Edited by Green_SentinelX (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai:

As Vai explained what a Time Siphon was, Hal's hand began cracking with green scars with light shining through it. He covered the scars with his other hand, focusing his will and turning his hand back to normal. This must be part of his...transformation. Whatever it was, he didn't know. He will get answers later, but for right now he feels himself changing. Into what, he does not know.

Hal smiles, "Alright, I won't tell you. Why? Did you have other plans? Because I was planning for you to take the spare bedroom. Normally, Lois sleeps there when she needs a place to crash, but you can have it for tonight. The blankets are already there, I just need to get myself a blanket and a pillow."

He rubs his hand before he goes and gets an extra blanket and pillow. When he is alone in the spare room with the door closed, he asks his ring, "Ring, scan my DNA, what is happening to me?"

[Unknown process of metamorphosis]

An unknown process? He's undergoing a metamorphosis? He already knew that! He sigh's, shaking his head. A problem for tomorrow. Good thing tomorrow was Sunday! He didn't need to deal with this crap on a work day. He gets the blanket and pillow from a closet and opens the door, placing them on the day bed and then looks over at Vai. "Let me know if you need anything or if you'd rather have the day bed." He smiles at her warmly.

Avatar image for deactivated-598df568765dd
#174 Posted by deactivated-598df568765dd (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Wheeeee

#175 Posted by Vai (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

"You don't have to go out of your way for me." Vai told him. "But if you want the couch I won't stop you." She watched him leave the room for a moment and shrugged. Humans are so weird. I know every part of his instinct wants us in the same bed, but he has some weird societal construct that says he can't move too fast. Too many rules, too many regulations about when and how and with who. They need to relax, life would get much easier for them if they weren't constantly worried about stepping on some sort of weird courtship rule.

"I'm fine Hal, really." She assured him when he returned. "Let's just try to enjoy not having to fight things for a few minutes."

#176 Edited by Green_SentinelX (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai:

Hal looks at her, knowing that both of them liked the other. Why was Hal being so cautious with her? Why did he seem to have all these hang ups? Because of what happened with Alex. But Vai was different, she wasn't even totally human, plus she had a ring and could take care of herself. Alex could never have claimed the same since she didn't have any of that. Hal looks away, staring at a picture he had of Alex. He wasn't treating Vai very fairly here. Vai made it very clear she likes him and he hasn't exactly returned those feelings the way Vai would have liked.

Hal turns and looks at her, "Your right, let's try and enjoy ourselves. But before we do, I have something to tell you. I haven't been very fair with you." Part of the reason Hal was chosen to wear a ring was because he has the ability of overcome great fear. Time to overcome another fear.

Hal steps closer and grabs Vai's ring hand, taking her to a loveseat, or small couch, that he had where he sits down and tries pulling her down with him. Looking into those incredible eyes of hers, Hal tells her a sad story. "A few years ago my girlfriend, Alex, was murdered. I won't give you the gory details, but ever since then I've found it hard to get close to someone else. And after what I saw in your...potential...future, I'm afraid of losing you. But now I realize after the way you saved me in the past, I've been acting pretty silly because your perfectly capable of taking care of yourself and I don't need to worry about losing you at all."

Hal smiles up at her, seeing as how she's taller even when sitting down, "I have been accused of jumping into situations without thinking. Part my fearlessness I guess. So, I'm going to do something without thinking." All of a sudden, Hal leans up and touches her lips with his own in a passionate kiss.

(That ought to make Vai happy. *Winks*)

#177 Posted by Vai (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

Vai was about to tell him how she understood why he might be cautious. She didn't know the pain of losing a mate personally but her mother had gone through it and sometimes spoke to her about it. She knew how it could linger, the pain could potentially never quite go away. Then he was kissing her and instinct took the place of logic and reason.

He may not have known what he was getting himself into, Vai was, well, experienced and the traits of her mother's species were more than a little dominant in her mixed genetic code. Somewhere during the passionate make-out session though she remembered that not everyone shared their culture...and that she should at least give him the chance to think before he took any more steps down the road he was currently heading.

With great reluctance, she eventually ended the kiss. "Well hello there." Vai said with a grin. "Hal...I understand, I do. You don't have to explain yourself to me." She smiled and traced her fingers down his chest lazily. "You understand what you're getting into right?"

#178 Edited by Dreadstroke (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_:

Metro City. 2016. Thanksgiving Day. I'm must thankful for time travel.

Emerging from a glistening temporal portal resembling a suspended mass of water, the Chronokinetic Conman marginally descended from the clear skies of Metro City. Sunlight glinted off his silver armor, the roar of anti-gravitational propulsion heralding his descent onto the roof of a complex.

Okay.... WOW.

He was almost transfixed, having only scene images of the 21st Century in holographic history books provided by one of his professors in college (who'd mysteriously disappeared). Seeking it all now, the images simply couldn't had done this timeline justice.

His gaze roamed the antiquated metropolitan landscape, darting across the myriad of vehicles, the masses striding along the sidewalks, every building, complex, and skyscraper. He'd seen alien worlds and intergalactic holds, but this, this was like nothing he'd ever before seen.

I'm going to steal... everything.

#179 Posted by Green_SentinelX (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai:

Hal grew sober all of a sudden, looking her right in the eye, "Maybe it is better we wait until marriage." Was he...was he serious?!?! Then he chuckles and grabs her cheeks with his hands, "Yes, Vai, I understand."

Hal leans up, going in to kiss her once more...

Later...

It was late when Hal finally fell asleep after, well...after something very nice happened with Vai. A few hours later, Hal bolted upright in bed as he awoke from a nightmare. Breathing heavily, he glances over at the sleeping Vai and then silently gets out of bed before going into the bathroom. He washes his face then leaves the bathroom and returns to bed. It was an hour before he finally fell back to sleep.

In the Morning...

The tiny feeling of small little feet might be felt by Vai under the blankets and then the sudden feel of a small nose, with whiskers, on her left cheek. If Vai wakes up, she would find a cute little Ferret staring at her with curiosity. Hal was gone and Vai has keen hearing, she'd be hearing him talking to someone in his kitchen. It was another woman and most likely his sister.

#180 Posted by Vai (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

Vai stirred at the contact on the side of her face, musing for a moment as she did on the night before. She shifted in bed and lay eyes on the creature, smirking. Well...it's not exactly Hal but it's still cute. I smell like sex. Was her second thought, a smell that as faint as it was at this point would be virtually undetectable to humans but to her much stronger sense of smell was still quite obvious, along with the scent of the specific male involved. She considered staying where she was but decided against it and slipped gently out of the bed so as not to disturb the ferret.

A search for her clothing revealed two flaws in her previous plan. First...she hadn't brought a set to change into and second, hers were now rather wrinkly. Hi I'm Vai, I just woke up from sleeping with your brother, you can tell because my clothes are wrinkled as all hell. Oh well. She shrugged and slipped into her clothing, determining it better to meet his sister this way than completely unclothed. Once at least reasonably presentable after getting a few drinks of water she made her way out of the bedroom and into the kitchen. To anyone that had ever been to college, it would be almost painfully obvious what was going on here but short of suddenly having a new set of clothes (and Vai didn't think walking out in her Green Sentinel uniform would be any better, because then instead of politely covering it up she'd just be lying) it couldn't be helped.

#181 Edited by Hope_ (171 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_:

Metro City. 2016. Thanksgiving Day. I'm must thankful for time travel.

Emerging from a glistening temporal portal resembling a suspended mass of water, the Chronokinetic Conman marginally descended from the clear skies of Metro City. Sunlight glinted off his silver armor, the roar of anti-gravitational propulsion heralding his descent onto the roof of a complex.

Okay.... WOW.

He was almost transfixed, having only scene images of the 21st Century in holographic history books provided by one of his professors in college (who'd mysteriously disappeared). Seeking it all now, the images simply couldn't had done this timeline justice.

His gaze roamed the antiquated metropolitan landscape, darting across the myriad of vehicles, the masses striding along the sidewalks, every building, complex, and skyscraper. He'd seen alien worlds and intergalactic holds, but this, this was like nothing he'd ever before seen.

I'm going to steal... everything.

Hope was basically passing through Metro City at a gradual flying pace when she spotted the chromed out man standing atop a building looking out at the city. She brought her flight to a gradual halt. Who's that? She wondered. A new hero maybe, or maybe a local? You know, I should just go ask.

The teenager from another time diverted her flight path until she was hovering about one hundred feet in front of the silver suited wonder. She levitated down so she was on eye level with him, floating just beyond the edge of the rooftop with a friendly smile on her face. Hope wasn't so named because of paranoia or a tendency to assume the worst in people. When she saw him, her first thought was hero and she didn't listen to the idea that he might be something else.

No Caption Provided

"Hi!" She said cheerfully. "My name's Hope, who are you? I don't think I've seen you anywhere before, are you new or just new to the region?"

#182 Posted by Green_SentinelX (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai:

Just before Vai approached, she'd hear Hal say to Lois, who was crossing her arms with a scowl on her face, "All I'm saying is, just give her a chance. I think you'd really like her."

"Well, if she wants to make a good first impression, she better be as true to me as she was with you." And tjhat's when Lois sees Vai since Hal's back was to his new girlfriend. And Lois had brown hair just like her brother, shorter and was beautiful herself, but not of the model variety unless she put on tons of make up and glamorized herself, then maybe. "Speak of the devil, here she is."

Hal turns and rubs the back of his head, "Morning Vai. Uh, this is my sister, Lois. Lois, this is, Vai."

Lois looks Vai up and down, immediately noticing the wrinkled clothes, the messed up hair... She glares for a moment before putting on a smile, extending a hand out towards Vai, "Well, since both my brother and Kilowog approve of you, I'll give you a chance. Nice to meet you." Wait...who was Kilowog?

Hal whispers in Vai's ear, "Kilowog is the name Lois gave to her Ferret, I believe you met him already." Ah, that's probably why Kilowog was in the room with Vai. Lois had sent him there on purpose. Weird name for a ferret.

#183 Posted by Vai (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

Vai smiled, Lois' reactions were both natural and understandable, she wanted to protect her brother from strange women. There was of course also her reputation that, in this case at least, was probably not helping matters. It would be easy enough for Lois to assume a one night stand.

"Morning Hal." Vai said with a smile, then turned her attention to Lois. She cocked her head slightly at the Ferret's name but chose not to question it, at least not when she was busy trying to dig out of the likely combined hole created by her reputation and the obvious goings on between Lois' brother and herself. She was finishing straightening her hair up a little with one hand and took Lois' hand firmly with her other. "He speaks very highly of you." Vai said. "I apologize for the appearance, but I'm absolutely terrible at waking up."

As if to emphasize her point she ran her hands over her clothes a little to smooth the wrinkles out, it predictably failed. "You don't have anything to worry about, I genuinely like your brother, we met last night to talk about some things and one thing led to another..." And then we ended up going back in time and I had to save him from weird lizard people and so on. You know, normal first day together stuff.

"I decided to stick around." She smiled. "I was hoping to meet you too, though I'm pleasantly surprised it was this soon."

#184 Edited by Green_SentinelX (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai:

Lois moves her lips to the side in a sort of half purse, then smirks. If she was intimidated by Vai's 6'6" height, she did a good job of not showing it. "Nice to meet you too, be good to him and we'll have no problems. Now, who wants breakfast? I made pancakes since Hal loves to skip breakfast." She glares at him.

Hal just sort of stares at his sister in mild annoyance, "I usually don't have time to eat breakfast, you know that."

Lois waves a hand of dismissal, "Yes you do! While you waste an hour most mornings drinking coffee, you have time to eat breakfast!" And with that, Lois went and began putting some pancakes on two plates. As she does, Hal smiles sheepishly up at Vai, lowering his voice, "She likes to mother me all the time."

"I heard that!" Lois says, setting the plates down on the dinner table. "There you go, lovebirds." Then Kilowog the ferret jumps on the table, Lois moves fast to pick him up, "No, Kilowog, bad ferret!" She picks him up and pets him, kissing his head, "That's not yours. Besides, you know pancakes are bad for you."

Lois gets herself a plate and sets it down at the table too. Then she glances at Hal and Vai, "Are you two just going to stand there are you going join me?"

Hal glances at Vai in a sign of resignation and goes to sit down. He puts peanut butter on his pancakes and plenty of maple syrup.

#185 Posted by Dreadstroke (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_:

What the fr- whoa...

Raymond was only very briefly taken aback by the sudden appearance of the caped, blond superheroine, eyeing her with mingled surprise and curiosity as she cheerfully greeted him.

Nah, I'm just new to the timeline, he might've remarked, but he'd long decided that telling strangers of one's time traveling occupation was far from a good idea.

Instead, he simply smiled back at her beneath the chrome helmet, his HUD racing through temporal indexes to identity the superhero Hope from this timeline based on her appearance and cheerful vocal pattern.

"Hey there! I'm Ray," he replied, waving. "Suppose I'm relatively new. Just came in from--",

Beat.

"Outer space. Crazy, huh?"

Well, I'm not really lying, he thought.

#186 Posted by Vai (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

Thank god the human side of genetics lets me eat other things. She mused as she pulled out a seat to sit down and eat something that her mother wouldn't be able to. Her species could eat more than meat if pressed to but they had difficulty processing certain foods. Fortunately for Vai she had less of a problem. Vai smirked at the pair's interaction. "What you two have is pretty cool." Vai said honestly. "I've always wondered what it would be like to have a sibling, but my mother didn't want to take the risk twice."

She ate some of her food briefly before she continued. "She used to tell me stories about her siblings, she had eight of them. They were all really close for a long time..." She paused and shook her head. "I know she misses them."

#187 Edited by Green_SentinelX (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai:

Although Hal had some idea about Vai's mother and her species, Lois had no clue. Hal eats a little before listening more to his new girlfriend. Although a look of sympathy crosses his face, it's Lois who makes more of a connection, "I'm sorry to hear that." Lois says sympathetically. "Mom almost had twins once, but she had a miscarriage." Lois says sadly, "After that, she couldn't bear children anymore so she ended up spoiling me and Hal as we grew up." Both the siblings smile at each other.

"Hal? Something wrong?" Lois asks, noticing her brother was looking a little pale.

Hal offers a weak smile, "Just got a...mild bug. It's fine, I'm alright." He says as he shakes his right hand, flexing his fingers under the table so Lois couldn't see. But Vai, who was sitting right next to Hal, might be able to see it. Hal's hand was glowing green and looked more like a construct than an actual hand. Then his hand returns to normal flesh and blood self and he picks up his fork and continues eating.

#188 Posted by Vai (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

"Well I'd say you two turned out pretty well, spoiled or otherwise." Vai said with a smile. She did notice his hand and reached down with her free hand and put her hand on his thigh for a moment to let him know she'd seen it. She removed her hand quickly though so his sister wouldn't think anything untoward was going on under the table.

"We were up pretty late last night, I'm sure that's not helping." Vai said, aware that for some that might be a little more information about a sibling's sex life than they wanted, but it would help take attention away from his momentary condition and allow the conversation to shift elsewhere. More reason to talk to Raeyn...but we also need to talk to any other Sentinels we can, see if they know anything about this.

#189 Posted by Hope_ (171 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_:

What the fr- whoa...

Raymond was only very briefly taken aback by the sudden appearance of the caped, blond superheroine, eyeing her with mingled surprise and curiosity as she cheerfully greeted him.

Nah, I'm just new to the timeline, he might've remarked, but he'd long decided that telling strangers of one's time traveling occupation was far from a good idea.

Instead, he simply smiled back at her beneath the chrome helmet, his HUD racing through temporal indexes to identity the superhero Hope from this timeline based on her appearance and cheerful vocal pattern.

"Hey there! I'm Ray," he replied, waving. "Suppose I'm relatively new. Just came in from--",

Beat.

"Outer space. Crazy, huh?"

Well, I'm not really lying, he thought.

"Outer space? That's really neat!" Hope said with a grin. "I've never been, I want to go some day but there's just so much down here that needs doing, I just don't know if I'll ever have the time to go." Even if he was lying, Hope was a 17 year old girl from the 1950s, she wasn't exactly a walking lie detector.

No Caption Provided

She lowered down until she was standing on the roof about a hundred feet away from him. There was a radiance of nearly pure innocence about her, as if it never even occurred to her that he could be anything other than what he said he was. Of course, Hope wasn't stupid either and if presented evidence would be quick to act.

"So what brings you here then?"

#190 Posted by Dreadstroke (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_:

T'was impossible not to pick up on the tangible aura of innocence her presence exuded. Radiance pervaded her air and utterances so deeply that Ray questioned how someone like that could even exist in this time period. He'd known her for hardly a minute and he could already name handfuls of people he knew that she immediately seemed more trustworthy than (though, given most of the people he knew were space pirates, intergalactic criminals, and bounty hunters, that was a simple feat).

"Mostly sightseeing."And what a sight I'm seeing, he mused. "Some historical research here and there. And then I'm headed back up to the great beyond."

I think anyway. Maybe I'll go to the old west and pretend to be a sheriff.

"That is a really cool suit by the way."

#191 Posted by Hope_ (171 posts) - - Show Bio

@dreadstroke:

"The great beyond makes it sound like the afterlife." Hope said, then she grinned when he complimented her outfit. "Thank you...it's...well it's kind of a long story actually. So you do a lot of research huh? Maybe I can help you out while you're here, you know, show you the sights or something? I don't really live in Metro City but I do visit it from time to time and I know some places people like to go."

If she had any clue that he was looking at her more than the city she showed no sign of it. Instead she just smiled and hoped she could be of some help in some small way. The girl felt every bit of the optimism that her name suggested, her powers literally fed on hope and feelings of hope.

#192 Posted by Dreadstroke (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_:

"Y'know, It does look a lot like an afterlife at times," Ray chuckled, beaming at her, a jocular smile lost behind the polished chrome faceplate and slightly mechanical intonation. Oh! That reminds me.

With a simple thought, the helmet rescinded into the neck area, revealing the Chrome Conman's visage and scruffy raven curls. He often forget to retract the faceplate when on speaking on friendly terms, so he was glad that he'd remembered now. The simple, expressionless design had a slight tendency of throwing some people off.

"Oh yeah, totally. Big fan of history and architecture. Makes flying through galaxies interesting cuz ya get a lot of both."

He smiled at her offer. "I'd like that. Might stick around to check out some other places too."

#193 Posted by Green_SentinelX (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai said:

@green_sentinelx:

"Well I'd say you two turned out pretty well, spoiled or otherwise." Vai said with a smile. She did notice his hand and reached down with her free hand and put her hand on his thigh for a moment to let him know she'd seen it. She removed her hand quickly though so his sister wouldn't think anything untoward was going on under the table.

"We were up pretty late last night, I'm sure that's not helping." Vai said, aware that for some that might be a little more information about a sibling's sex life than they wanted, but it would help take attention away from his momentary condition and allow the conversation to shift elsewhere. More reason to talk to Raeyn...but we also need to talk to any other Sentinels we can, see if they know anything about this.

Vai's touch was reassuring and Hal noticed it, offering a grateful smile to her. Upon hearing what the last thing Vai said, Lois skewers a sausage with her fork and points it at Vai, "That's a little too much information don't you think?" Then she pops the entire sausage in her mouth, chewing it. Then once she swallows, she takes a sip of orange juice and grins wickedly at Hal then glances at Vai, "How would you like to see Hal's baby pictures?" She asks with a rather mischievous glint in her eye.

Hal glares at her, "Don't you EVEN think about it!"

Lois roars with laughter while Hal just sits there glaring at her, "So...funny..."

#194 Posted by Hope_ (171 posts) - - Show Bio

@dreadstroke:

"I was wondering what you looked like under there." She said with a smile. "Well there's a lot of neat things to see in New Troy, it's where a lot of the big businesses are. There's also some other places people like to go to but they're in the so called Suicide Slums...I...don't really like going there and besides they're mostly bars and unseemly places, it's not good for a girl to go somewhere like that."

Hope smiled a little again though and turned away from him to motion to where the different areas of the city were. Suicide Slum was easy to identify, it was in much worse shape than the other areas and practically had 'slum' written all over it.

"I wish I could help those people more..." She mused.

#195 Edited by Dreadstroke (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_:

Who names a district the Suicide Slums?

He strode over to the edge of the rooftop at a slow pace, his gaze roving about the radiant metropolis, simply captivated with its intricate layout-till his eyes fell upon the Slums and this grand vision was disrupted.

Ray could only describe it as ever-so-slightly decrepit compared to the rest of the city. Not exactly worthy of destruction and reconstruction as some areas of Gothic had apparently been (in his timeline, Gothic played an important role in history lessons), but still, disappointing, given what more it could be.

"I wish I could help those people more..."

"I know you said you don't like going over there, but... I have hope that you can," he reassured. "Pun absolutely intended."

#196 Posted by Hope_ (171 posts) - - Show Bio

@dreadstroke:

"That's not really a place a proper girl should be." She said. "They'd get all the wrong ideas. I don't have the kind of money to get people back on their feet...I'm just not sure what I would do." She admitted. She glanced at him and grinned a little at his pun. "That's a terrible terrible pun. Maybe you have a point though, all they need is a little hope right? The idea that someone does care about them..." She bit her lip for a moment, warring with the dual beliefs of needing to help everyone and that a proper girl had no business being in a slum where people might think she's less than honorable.

#197 Edited by Dreadstroke (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_:

Classy.

The Chrome-Clad Kronos wasn't quite sure what to say, given he wasn't a hero himself. In most situations, he'd always chosen the path that lead to his own benefit rather than others. Being an intergalactic temporal thief, he'd never had to provide insight into a situation like this, nor had he ever really cared to. He of course possessed moral sense (he never became a bounty hunter or mercenary of any kind regardless of the opportunities that had been offered to him), but it typically never extended to heroism.

This case was different. For once, he wanted to offer some sort of inspirational word on the situation, to convince her that perhaps she could do some good there without tarnishing her disposition as a proper girl. But alas...

"Whatever you decide to do, I'll support it. Assuming I'm earth at the time," said Ray, his tone mild and reassuring as he placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Feel like flying over New Troy? Take in all the sights?"

#198 Posted by Vai (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai said:

@green_sentinelx:

Vai's touch was reassuring and Hal noticed it, offering a grateful smile to her. Upon hearing what the last thing Vai said, Lois skewers a sausage with her fork and points it at Vai, "That's a little too much information don't you think?" Then she pops the entire sausage in her mouth, chewing it. Then once she swallows, she takes a sip of orange juice and grins wickedly at Hal then glances at Vai, "How would you like to see Hal's baby pictures?" She asks with a rather mischievous glint in her eye.

Hal glares at her, "Don't you EVEN think about it!"

Lois roars with laughter while Hal just sits there glaring at her, "So...funny..."

"Probably, but it's also helpful in this case." Vai said. She grinned at the offer. "Oh...I dunno, he might ask my mother to see mine and then we're all in a world of embarrassment. Do you have them with you or something, or do just keep an album here?" Vai smirked. "By the way, just going to say now that the only way anyone is asking my mother that is if we all go to her place some time. I don't think we're quite ready for that."

#199 Posted by Hope_ (171 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_:

Classy.

The Chrome-Clad Kronos wasn't quite sure what to say, given he wasn't a hero himself. In most situations, he'd always chosen the path that lead to his own benefit rather than others. Being an intergalactic temporal thief, he'd never had to provide insight into a situation like this, nor had he ever really cared to. He of course possessed moral sense (he never became a bounty hunter or mercenary of any kind regardless of the opportunities that had been offered to him), but it typically never extended to heroism.

This case was different. For once, he wanted to offer some sort of inspirational word on the situation, to convince her that perhaps she could do some good there without tarnishing her disposition as a proper girl. But alas...

"Whatever you decide to do, I'll support it. Assuming I'm earth at the time," said Ray, his tone mild and reassuring as he placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Feel like flying over New Troy? Take in all the sights?"

She nodded a little, glad to have someone's support in this. She nearly jumped when his hand touched her shoulder. Aside from her father (and not in that way) touching her no man ever had, at least not beyond the extent of holding hands. Even though it was just a touch to the shoulder, it still felt like something of an intimate act. Fortunately, she kept her reaction from the surface.

"That sounds like fun, I'd love to go over New Troy and take in the sights again." She said with a smile, looking over at him. He's from space! That's so neat! "Maybe you can tell me what space is like?" She forced herself to look away from him and out at the city again. He just thinks you're some kid. Best to save your interest for people closer to your age.

#200 Posted by Green_SentinelX (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai:

Hal facepalms when Vai actually showed an interest in his baby pictures and much to Lois's delight too. She fishes out her cellphone with a smile, "I keep them all on my cellphone and I always, always, show them to every girlfriend Hal gets." She says, giggling.

"At least you manage to wait until we've been dating for a few months, I've only gone on one date with Vai so far!" Hal says, pleading with his eyes for his sister not to put him through this. AGAIN.

Lois slowly puts her cellphone away, "Oh, alright, I can wait." Almost pouting, she eats more food.

Hal let's out a breath he didn't know he had been holding. "Thank you." He says, then glances at Vai, "Speaking of your mother, when your ready, I'd like to meet her." He says with a smile.

"Me too!" Lois says cheerfully. "Besides, I always wanted to see Jurassic World."