#651 Edited by Spectral__ (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaija: "I can't, please..." Deveraux said with an anxious face, "then you brought this down upon yourself" the squadleader pulled the trigger and fired two rounds from his sidearm into the doctors gut. Shock took over and Deveraux's eyes began to water from the betrayal before she slumped to the ground holding her stomach while slowly bleeding out in one of the most excruciating and painful deaths.

"What the hell did you do!" a medic from the squad shouted as he rushed to Deveraux's side, "I bought us time to get out of here" the Squadleader said as he waved his pistol around "anyone have a problem with that can either stay here,take a bullet to the head or get out of here with me" squadleader walked towards the control panel and opened the laboratory doors "you make your choice now" he left and four others left with him before the doors closed automatically

"Sh*t she's loosing a lot of blood" the medic said unaware of Kaija's alignment or thoughts in the manner, he got up and pulled away as Deveraux was taking shallow breaths holding in the urge to cry in-front of strangers she never met "just ..go" Deveraux replied weakly while scrunching her face in pain, her white winter coat soon turned red from all the blood lost and blood began seeping from the doctor's mouth "I'll gik, be dead in a few minutes"

#652 Edited by Kaija (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

@spectral__:

Kaija hated to watch the doctor suffer, but she had keep attention away from herself until the coast was clear. She waited until the medic had left to approach Dr. Deveraux. She pumped her shotgun, aimed at her skull, and fired at the good doctor, ending her life immediately and putting her out of her misery. She then proceeded to download what information that she could onto her jump-drive and deleted the rest. She destroyed the familiar Ipad before making her exit. She didn't bother taking the time to look over the information after obtaining it, and the only thought on her mind was what she would do with the jump drive hidden on her person. She couldn't decide whether the world deserved to have this information or not. Eventually, she caught up to the soldiers and followed behind at a distance that allowed her to keep sight of them, yet remain out of theirs, until they were a single hallway away from the exit. Then, she began her final duty.

A flashbang was thrown far past the group and ahead of the leader as the soldiers were rushing to escape. She had already prepared herself for the disorienting effects of the weapon and with averted eyes and focused, expectant mind, she resisted its light and noise. Regardless of how effective her initial move was, she'd open fire on the soldiers immediately after the cacophony died down while they were still reacting to the surprise. She'd fill the hallway with lead and constantly advance on their position pumping round after round at each of them, swiftly and systematically. If there was anyone still alive after she emptied her clip of 12 shells, she'd toss her weapon at one of them, rush in a lowered stance, and she'd engage in CQC.

#653 Posted by Spectral__ (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaija: "Flashbang!" Squadleader shouted as he turned around with the others but the effects still took hold admittedly at a reduced quality, nevertheless the other squaddies began dropping like flies from the surprise attack but the Squadleader survived the onslaught by grabbing the squad medic and using him as a literal meat shield to absorb the brunt of the incoming ballistic projectiles.

"Sorry james, survival of the fittest and all" Squadleader commented as he held his now lifeless comrade close to his chest and used the sidearm attached to his holster to counter fire several pistols rounds at Kaija, the shots would be inaccurate because he was using only one hand but at the range they were at he was sure he could wing the unarmored parts of Kaija's shoulders or even graze an unarmored section of the legs

"What's with the betrayal, are you mad about me killing the client?" he asked as he tossed away his dead comrades gun and pulled out the same gun he used to fatally wound Kaija's old caretaker, he fired four rounds but this time each one more accurate then before as he aimed for where Kaija was going and towards her legs.

#654 Edited by Kaija (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

@spectral__:

Kaija had no intent or interest in answering the man. She had barely even heard what he had said. At that moment, with no time to reload and only a combat knife and some questionably reliable armor around her, she continued to advance. Her focus lie solely on the gun in the man's hand, and his throat. There was no time to think, only act.

By the time that the man had launched his counter attack she was a mere two meters away from him, already advancing past half of the field of dead bodies. The instant that she saw him raise his gun, she strafed. She darted to the man's left and began circling him, drawing ever closer until he was in desired range. After the man had disposed of his comrade's carcass, and before he could fire his second shot at Kaija's feet, she was airborne.

She pounced at him, her knife drawn in a reverse grip in her right hand and her arms and legs spread wide. She hurtled in the air towards him and would reach him in under a second. She wanted to make him suffer, but he forced her hand and she decided to do what she could to end the confrontation quickly. She intended to latch onto the man with her left arm and legs and tackle him to the ground. She'd drive her knife down into the left side of his neck and into his vertebrae to kill him instantly if she landed on her mark.

In the event that he somehow dodged her, she'd pursue vehemently as soon as her feet hit the ground. She'd switch to a natural grip on her knife and lunge at the man's throat. She'd reach for the hand holding his gun with her left and drag him onto her blade while keeping the barrel pointed away from herself. At the moment, the only thing that concerned her was driving her blade into this man's neck and completing her mission.

#655 Edited by Spectral__ (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaija: The Squadleader was surprisingly quick for his size and narrowly avoided Kaija's initial tackle with a quick roll to the left where he hip fired one quick shot as he was still rolling back up with it aimed towards her leg, he managed to keep distance for a few moments deflecting one strike before she got a grasp onto his gun hand.

Quickly he ejected a now empty magazine clip so it fell into his free hand as the blade closed ever closer towards his neck, he caught the gun magazine and quickly thrusted it towards the combat blade where it tore through the spring and ended up sheathing itself, it was a mix of blind luck and skill that the gun magazine and blade size were the same but the sheathed knife still hit the Squadleader in the throat, he gagged but still fought back by taking the advantage to pull out his own combat knife and attempt to knife Kaija in her side before she shook off the makeshift sheathe.

#656 Edited by Kaija (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

@spectral__:

Kaija pursued the man as he evaded her tackle, his wildfire hitting nothing but the wall behind the position where Kaija had been only moments ago. After inadvertently lodging her knife into the empty magazine, she immediately retreated and tossed her knife aside, then advanced in a boxing stance. Her momentum was turned against her as she advanced, and then the knife pierced her armor... with no resistance.

The armor draped over his knife unnaturally, as though there was no one within. It fell to the floor, hollow and light. A pair of empty boots lay on the floor and a helmet rolled down the hallway away from him. A moment later Kaija appeared behind the man, expanding back to human size and with an appearance closer to the usual, minus her horns and devilish eyes. She was hidden from his sight and would attack while he was surely enveloped in confusion from her disappearing act. She reached over his left shoulder with her left hand to grab him and hold him in place, then seized his knife wielding hand with her own right. She would stomp the back of his leg to force him to kneel to take his legs away from him. Finally, Kaija would then attempt to pull the man's own knife into his throat, her immense strength working not only to keep his hand wrapped around the weapon, but to lead it right where she wanted it to go.

#657 Posted by Spectral__ (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaija:Where the hell did she go? the Squadleader thought in bewilderment as he examined the pile of clothing and was looking down intensely when he felt hands grab onto him "B*TCH!" he shouted before letting out a painful scream as a stomp to the back of the leg broke one of his leg bones.

He saw his own hand begin to move towards his throat but he had plenty of strength left in his arms "No I will not die here, I didn't come this far to die" he muttered while straining with pain.

#658 Posted by Kaija (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

@spectral__:

"You didn't come here to kill Dr. Deveraux either, did you? Life's full of surprises..." Kaija replied, a grin parting her lips and her eyes widening.

She tightened her grip on the man's hands until a few bones snapped. He howled once again. Before he could finish his exclamation of pain, a knife was driven into his throat, blocking the airway and cutting him short. She removed the blade and watched the blood drip from it's edge for a few seconds as the man began to convulse in pain. Then, she drove it back in. Then again. And again.

Kaija wasn't very good at relieving stress, and so she savored rare opportunities when she could truly express her feelings and right a few of the issues that she perceived as wrongs. And so, on that day, the man who shot the woman that Kaija looked up to as a mother was stabbed approximately 37 times, wounds continually inflicted long after his death and his body lacking anything remotely resembling a throat when she was done. The positioning of the corpse in from of her kept blood from getting on anything other than her gloves.

She retrieved the jump-drive from the armor that she had been using not too long ago and proceeded to meet up with Spectral. She had finally decided what she was going to do.

#659 Edited by Spectral__ (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaija: Spectral met her sooner then expected as he turned around a corner soaked in blood a hundred extra meters earlier from the initial evac zone. "The other way is rigged with explosives, we can't go that way" he commented casually as the steady dribble of fluids fell off his coat,gloves and guns, Spectral no longer was clothed in black but painted in the red blood of the countless he slaughtered whilst Kaija was performing her objective.

"I intercepted their communications while I picked off the stragglers and heard a familiar voice, is Doctor Deveraux present in the AO?"

#660 Posted by Kaija (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

@spectral__:

Kaija's eyes flared bright red, but The Devil's Visage maintained their blue color and concealed the one aspect of her countenance that would always reveal her mood no matter how hard she trained to control her facial expression on will. She hesitated for a moment and answered, the drive stealthily rubbing up against her thigh to remind her of its presence.

"Her corpse is. One of the soldiers shot her in the head. A conflict of interest between mercenaries and their employer. I wasn't able to successfully obtain the data. Their systems were wiped as soon as I tried uploading it, a failsafe no doubt triggered by the alarms. There is no data." She replied robotically.

#661 Posted by Spectral__ (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaija: "That's....very disappointing to say the least" Spectral said while shaking his head in a very obvious mood of appalment "well what can we do?" his question came out rhetoric as he shrugged his shoulders and removed his mask to reveal his violent mood shift while scolding Kaija

"Next time don't f*** up, I can't have useless little sh*ts helping me, I expected more from you just be glad this was an off the books mission otherwise you would have been in some serious sh*t"

after the daemonic like revealing of his face he placed the mask back on and offered his hand to Kaija "Come on lets go, I'll drop you off home, this place is going to blow" with his other hand Spectral gestured to a detonator.

#662 Posted by Kaija (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

@spectral__:

Kaija maintained her stoic face, keeping her unique mask on to complete the illusion of calmness. She took Spectral's hand, disgusted by every aspect of him, and was brought back to her home. UNKD. The phantom left her to her own devices afterwards and she raced straight to her private quarters. She debated trying to get the info off of it immediately, but decided to do so at a later time when her rage had subsided and when she knew that she could act more rationally.

One thing comforted her though. There was information on that disk not only pertaining to herself and Contingency... but the man who had likely caused all of this chaos in the first place. She didn't have all the answers, but she felt as though she knew enough. And so, as she hid the device along side Zafir's communicator and laid her head down, a single thought repeated in her mind. A thought that would likely lead her to actions that could cost her everything.

I REALLY, REALLY WANNA KILL SPECTRAL....

#663 Posted by Dreadstroke (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_ said:

Hope blushed a little at his praise, there was a very faint blue tint to it. "That's too kind of you..." She told him. She looked out the viewscreen and smiled a little. "Everything you've shown me today has been amazing...and you've been so understanding..." She looked back to him, "I know the modern world moves relationships a long much more quickly than what I'm used to...that it doesn't bother you means a lot to me." She said. He'd certainly wanted the kisses they had shared but he'd made no moves at all to try and take it further.

She smiled and placed her hand over his on the table. "So let's forget all about what happened with the bounty hunters and just move forward. Where are we going to next?" She asked, glancing at the view port again. "And how far out are we going to go?"

Beaming, he too looked out of the viewport, thinking hard as they drifted along the course past Mars that would eventually bring them to earth. The stars seemed to glisten in response to his musings, as though inviting him to venture deeper with her. Still, he didn't intend to bring her out of the solar system on the first date.

"That...is a good question," he admitted, blue eyes twinkling. "Tell ya what, why don't you choose? We could go a little further through the solar system, we could literally travel to the Dark Ages, we're not lacking options."

#664 Posted by Hope_ (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@dreadstroke:

"I think it's just kind of nice right here..." Hope said, gazing out of the view port as well. She stood and offered him her hand. "Come with me, let's relax and just watch space go by together." Without this table between us. "It's peaceful out here, there's nothing to bother us now that those guys have been dealt with and if we go back to Earth, we'll have all the usual Earth stuff to deal with. Out here it's...private."

#665 Posted by Dreadstroke (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_:

"You're not wrong," said Raymond, taking her hand as he rose from the table. His skin tingled beneath the coat and shirt, a strand of his sleeve turning silver, reflecting the nanomaterial readying itself to shift into his chrome armor. If he understood correctly, he they'd be heading to the nearest airlock to truly experience space outside of the ship. Without the threat of bounty hunters or authorities. Free of Percival's untimely interruptions. Just the two of them.

"Lead the way."

#666 Posted by Vai (480 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai:

Hal smiles, just loving the fact he's with someone who loves action just as much as he does. In the back of his mind, he wonders if their relationship will last or will he end up being like Captain Kirk and married to his job while the real relationships fail all around him? Hal just couldn't shake the feeling that one day...he'd die alone.

He shakes the thought away and nods at her, "I'm ready."

"Ready to die?" Asked a female voice. Then a woman with blue skin and wearing black and red appears. A rather large muscled alien, also wearing red and black, appears as well.

The woman is the one who speaks, still smiling, "But why die? Why not give in to rage? Become one of us?"

No Caption Provided

Hal stares at them both grimly, pointing his ring at them even as it gives off a bright glow. "No thanks."

The woman glares at Hal, "Then you die."

Hal smiles, he was wanting a fight anyway. "I don't think we will because I'm betting on green!" He says as he creates rocket launcher and fires off a blast at them. But the two reds block the blast with a force field.

The woman finally loses her smile, "I'll take the man, you take the girl." She says to her companion.

As the woman engages in battle with Hal, the large muscled bound alien leaps towards Vai, spitting red plasma out of his mouth in an attempt to nail her with it.

Vai cocked her head slightly when she observed the two Red Sentinels and smirked a little at the exchange between them and Hal. The leaping alien very nearly took her by surprise but she responded quickly and brought her arm up just in time for a green shield to form around it and absorb and redirect the red plasma. She pivoted on her foot and spun out of the way of his leap and her shield morphed into a green Thompson sub-machine gun. She pulled the trigger, intending to spray him with hundreds of large green bolts of energy in the shape of bullets.

"Hal, teamwork will get us farther than working alone!." She called out to him. Since the Red Sentinels were fighting apart they could use their close relationship to fight together and hopefully overcome the pair rather than fighting them each individually. They're weakness, other than their blind rage, is that they rarely work together, Red Sentinels are usually less prone to work together and we might just be able to overcome them before they adapt, otherwise this could be a long fight.

Avatar image for green_sentinelx
#667 Posted by Green_SentinelX (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai:

The ever beautiful Vai was right, they needed to work together to put a quick end to this fight. Hal has no doubt in his mind he and Vai would eventually win. But they needed to face the main villain here and Hal as a feeling in his gut that these two are just pawns in a larger game.

The large Red that came after Vai creates a force field as defense against her machine gun. He laughed, saying nothing and charging in with all of the fury and rage he could muster.

Hal dodges an attack by the woman and it's then that he notices a pattern. The Reds are doing their leveled best to hit them hard, not bothering to see where their attacks hit. Hal smiles, "Follow my lead, Vai! I have a plan! Just do what I do, but watch your six!"

Hal starts flying around like crazy, dodging the many energy blasts that Red woman keeps firing his way. But if Vai is smart, and she most certainly is, she'd see plainly what Hal is trying to do because eventually Hal is now flying directly at Vai. He smiles and winks, then dodges.

Hopefully, Vai dodges as well. More importantly, Hal hopes Vai did what he did. If Vai did so, then whenever she dodges, both Reds would end up firing on the other, screaming in shocking rage and then crashing into each other for a great knockout victory. That is, assuming Vai followed Hal's lead.

Hal grins at Vai, "Good job, Vai."

#669 Posted by Kresaya_ (60 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx:

Awesome, also I'll respond with Vai tonight.

#670 Posted by ParagonxXx (541 posts) - - Show Bio

@kresaya_: Decided against it. Lichter wants both universes to be totally separate. Well, he's got his wish.

#671 Posted by Lichter (5753 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx: I don't understand the animosity. Why not come to the CVU? It's functionally the same.

#672 Posted by ParagonxXx (541 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: The Internet is so impersonal.... Deep breaths. There is no animosity here. I'm not angry, I'm actually more confused than angry. Call me dense.

I get why you don't want confusion, that would be bad. But if I want to write Paragon in both universes but RP two different versions of her, that would be really cool. Instead of making characters universe exclusive, maybe require players to make an addition to their character bio's any changes that are made depending on what universe they are being played in? It'd be a lot easier than just creating a completely new character. That way, no one has to alter their canon. If I play with someone who has switched over and can never play with them again, then I'd have to alter my character's canon because their character no longer exists. Or if they did, they suddenly pulled a "vanishing" or "Rapture" on me. If the universes are functionally the same, then why not allow different versions of the same character be written in both? Instead of forbidding it based on "not wanting confusion", maybe brainstorm ways to allow it without causing confusion. It would go a long way towards being able to RP with a greater number of people.

#673 Edited by Lichter (5753 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx: Why do you want to continue to RP in the CVnU?

#674 Posted by ParagonxXx (541 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: *Smiles* I prefer the environment that the CVnU provides.

#675 Posted by Lichter (5753 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx: Can you detail what that is? We're always open to feedback.

#676 Edited by ParagonxXx (541 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: I appreciate the offer to give you feedback. I hope you consider and think about the feedback I have already given. :-)

But as for your more immediate question, I don't feel like getting into it right now, but maybe another time.

#677 Posted by Lichter (5753 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx: Ok, sounds good. Wish you'd join us, offer's always open.

#678 Posted by ParagonxXx (541 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: Thank you, Lichter. *Smiles* And if I ever do, you'll be the first to know. :-)

#679 Posted by Green_SentinelX (119 posts) - - Show Bio
#680 Posted by Vael (254 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

(Sorry, I'm working on a reply in my head, I've been really busy with a bunch of other stuff. When I've gone to post here, I haven't been able to. I have some time after work though today so you should have a post thrown in your direction =) Don't worry, I'm still interested and haven't forgotten. I have a few other people to get to as well that I've been forced to make wait.)

#681 Posted by ParagonxXx (541 posts) - - Show Bio

@vael: (*Smiles* NP, Vael. Take your time and get to it when you can. No pressure. You have a good weekend, ok? ^_^)

#682 Posted by Vai (480 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai:

The ever beautiful Vai was right, they needed to work together to put a quick end to this fight. Hal has no doubt in his mind he and Vai would eventually win. But they needed to face the main villain here and Hal as a feeling in his gut that these two are just pawns in a larger game.

The large Red that came after Vai creates a force field as defense against her machine gun. He laughed, saying nothing and charging in with all of the fury and rage he could muster.

Hal dodges an attack by the woman and it's then that he notices a pattern. The Reds are doing their leveled best to hit them hard, not bothering to see where their attacks hit. Hal smiles, "Follow my lead, Vai! I have a plan! Just do what I do, but watch your six!"

Hal starts flying around like crazy, dodging the many energy blasts that Red woman keeps firing his way. But if Vai is smart, and she most certainly is, she'd see plainly what Hal is trying to do because eventually Hal is now flying directly at Vai. He smiles and winks, then dodges.

Hopefully, Vai dodges as well. More importantly, Hal hopes Vai did what he did. If Vai did so, then whenever she dodges, both Reds would end up firing on the other, screaming in shocking rage and then crashing into each other for a great knockout victory. That is, assuming Vai followed Hal's lead.

Hal grins at Vai, "Good job, Vai."

Vai did indeed improvise in the way he indicated. Her own naturally superior agility made dodging almost easily, her anticipation of their shots allowed her to keep her shield up without being overly stressed in her own defense. Eventually Hal's plan reached its climax and at the last moment Vai dodged out of the way yet again, watching the two Red Sentinels crash into each other with a bemused smirk.

She dusted herself off (not that she actually needed to) and grinned. "All in a days work right? I'm sure there's more to it than this though and we need to figure out the rest. Time to call in our support yet or press on?" Vai asked with a slightly cocked head. She let her ring run a scan of the complex to see if there were other life forms that needed to be worried about or if they were alone.

#683 Posted by Green_SentinelX (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai:

It was amusing to see the two Reds realize too late they were going to crash into each other and there was nothing they could do about it but go, "Ahhh!" and crash into each other, falling unconscious. Hal smirked as well, maybe Vai was rubbing off on him.

Vai's ring would pick up additional life signs, but those were much deeper within the tower. And one of those life signs was emitting rage levels that were off the scale. Hal shakes his head, "We're fine for now, let's press on. My gut tells me once we reach the bottom of this thing, we can proceed to destroy it."

And with that, he jumps down the side of the staircase as if it was the most natural thing in the world to do.

#684 Posted by Vai (480 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

"Works for me." Vai said with a shrug and followed after him. She landed at the bottom in a neat crouch and stood up. "You know you have to hand it to the Red Sentinels, they're always really obvious about everything. No trying to figure out where they're hiding, just look for the huge spooky red tower of doom. Then once you're inside you just look for the loud angry people covered in red from head to toe acting like you said terrible things about their grandmother."

#685 Posted by Green_SentinelX (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai: Hal's eyes suddenly glow green for the briefest of moments and then he looks at her with normal colored eyes, "Too true. But I have a feeling that the Reds are just pawns on a large game board. That maybe someone else is pulling the strings, someone who isn't a Red Sentinel. Think about it, Vai. Why now of all times did they show up? Didn't you say the Red Sentinels in your time weren't active? Nothing adds up, unless someone is pulling their strings. I don't know who that someone is, but I'm going to find out."

No Caption Provided

Hal flies towards a red glow and is then blindsided by a punch to the stomach which knocks the air from his lungs. He kneels down on the ground, holding it, looking up at seeing a giant monster with red skin, teeth like a shark and yellow glowing eyes that are so full of rage, it was unbelievable.

This being was massive. Muscles on muscles with claw on the end of each finger. Hal thought the Reds were always angry, but this being radiates pure, unfiltered, rage. Hal had to concentrate so he wouldn't be affected by it. W-Who are...you?"

And when this giant Red Sentinel speaks, he speaks with authority, with a voice that oozed pure evil. It was deep and foreboding. When his foot touches the ground, it burns and kills anything within a few inches. "I am Alduin, the World eater. I am rage personified, I can be your salvation or your death."

Alduin looks from Hal to Vai, not impressed by what he sees. Vai may just get a feeling that this guy isn't going to be so easy to beat like the others were. His very presence was almost intoxicating.

Hal flew back to Vai's side, "What do you want? Why have you come here?"

Alduin almost seems to laugh, the very air echoing instead of his rage, "I am Alduin, the world eater. I consume planets with my rage until all become my children. And even though you two do not belong here, I offer this gift to you as well. I will not offer it again. The alternative is death, in...horrible ways."

Hal clenches his jaw, pointing his ring at him, "DEATH THEN!" And tries blasting Alduin with his most powerful energy blast. But the Red leader just stands there, and with a casual wave of his hand, he blocks the energy blast with a red force field. Alduin narrows his eyes, "Pity. You both, as well as the one outside, would have made excellent Red Sentinels."

Then Alduin fires a wave of pure red energy at them both, the force of this wave was off the scale. Hal calls for back-up, Superion is now on his way. Hal puts up a force field construct made of bricks but it immediately shatters from Alduin's attack and he screams in pain as he falls back.

#686 Posted by Vai (480 posts) - - Show Bio
#687 Edited by ParagonxXx (541 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, for reals this time. Since the rules of the CVU have changed once again, I feel I can now make this work for both universes. I made some updates to the Metro City page so this location is available for the CVnU and the CVU.

The changes are as follows:

1. In the CVU, Steelworks is owned and operated by SharrCorp, not Hawke Industries.

2. In the CVU, Jurassic Tower is known as Prehistoria Tower (Vai, please contact me if you wish this to have a different name).

3. In the CVU, Nathan Hawke is either dead or does not exist. That means, he does not own the Ace of Clubs. Ownership belongs to Frank Bibbowski who was also a former Heavyweight Champion. In fact, everything said about Nate also applies to Frank.

4. In the CVU, Lionel Sharr is not dead and is alive and well. He is the CEO of SharrCorp instead of his daughter. Oh, and he's my character so please don't kill him or control him. Thanks.

5. Hawke Industries either does not exist in the CVU or is not based in Metro City (I haven't decided yet). Either way, the company has no presence in Metro City.

6. Please read over the rules and respect them. Thanks!

#688 Posted by Sahi_ (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

(Sorry my Vai response is taking so long, I've taken a break from major posts because of my job but will be taking time out to post today)

#689 Posted by ParagonxXx (541 posts) - - Show Bio

@sahi_: Tis ok, my friend. ^_^

#690 Posted by The_Ghostshell (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#691 Posted by Vai (480 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai: Hal's eyes suddenly glow green for the briefest of moments and then he looks at her with normal colored eyes, "Too true. But I have a feeling that the Reds are just pawns on a large game board. That maybe someone else is pulling the strings, someone who isn't a Red Sentinel. Think about it, Vai. Why now of all times did they show up? Didn't you say the Red Sentinels in your time weren't active? Nothing adds up, unless someone is pulling their strings. I don't know who that someone is, but I'm going to find out."

No Caption Provided

Hal flies towards a red glow and is then blindsided by a punch to the stomach which knocks the air from his lungs. He kneels down on the ground, holding it, looking up at seeing a giant monster with red skin, teeth like a shark and yellow glowing eyes that are so full of rage, it was unbelievable.

This being was massive. Muscles on muscles with claw on the end of each finger. Hal thought the Reds were always angry, but this being radiates pure, unfiltered, rage. Hal had to concentrate so he wouldn't be affected by it. W-Who are...you?"

And when this giant Red Sentinel speaks, he speaks with authority, with a voice that oozed pure evil. It was deep and foreboding. When his foot touches the ground, it burns and kills anything within a few inches. "I am Alduin, the World eater. I am rage personified, I can be your salvation or your death."

Alduin looks from Hal to Vai, not impressed by what he sees. Vai may just get a feeling that this guy isn't going to be so easy to beat like the others were. His very presence was almost intoxicating.

Hal flew back to Vai's side, "What do you want? Why have you come here?"

Alduin almost seems to laugh, the very air echoing instead of his rage, "I am Alduin, the world eater. I consume planets with my rage until all become my children. And even though you two do not belong here, I offer this gift to you as well. I will not offer it again. The alternative is death, in...horrible ways."

Hal clenches his jaw, pointing his ring at him, "DEATH THEN!" And tries blasting Alduin with his most powerful energy blast. But the Red leader just stands there, and with a casual wave of his hand, he blocks the energy blast with a red force field. Alduin narrows his eyes, "Pity. You both, as well as the one outside, would have made excellent Red Sentinels."

Then Alduin fires a wave of pure red energy at them both, the force of this wave was off the scale. Hal calls for back-up, Superion is now on his way. Hal puts up a force field construct made of bricks but it immediately shatters from Alduin's attack and he screams in pain as he falls back.

Vai had anticipated a rage filled blunt force attack and wasn't disappointed. Rather than try to create one shield barrier to defend herself, she cast one several feet in front of her. The wall of red energy broke it almost instantly but she created another behind it, then another and another and another before she finally enveloped herself in a protective forcefield. The end result was the wave that struck her had been reduced in power working its way through the rapid succession of green barriers. When it struck it flung her backwards but her final shield was enough to absorb the remaining power of its strike. Vai hit the floor and slid several feet before she came to a stop.

Vai flipped to her feet. "How creative." She said sarcastically. The activation of her ring and enforcement of her will created dozens of small discs shaped like the Green Sentinel Logo that flew out in a swarm and attempted to fly around the Red Sentinel, intending to assault his shields with death by a thousand cuts. Each of the discs was 'sharp' enough to cut through steel and spun as it flew. Their paths were chaotic, flipping, darting and spinning around in a cloud of flying razors.

Even as she launched her attack Vai didn't expect it to be successful, typically such powerful opponents required more trial and error than simple one off assaults. She backed up to stand beside Hal and started running through a series of next steps in her mind while attempting to anticipate what the Red Sentinel might do next.

#692 Edited by ParagonxXx (541 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai: (Will respond to this on Sunday)

#693 Edited by Green_SentinelX (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai:

An explosion of red energy protects Alduin from Vai's attempt at attacking him as he tries to destroy her green constructs with explosive energy that surrounds him on all sides. It's so powerful, Hal has to put up a shield just to protect him...and he wasn't even the target and yet, he could still feel the raw power behind Alduin's attack...the rage that burned as hot as any star.

Hal knew it would take everything he and Vai had just to put this guy down and that's if they could. Hal speaks into his ring, opening a communications link to the hero, "Superion, buddy, we need you. When you arrive, take on the big guy, you'll have an easier time with him than we will."

"On it. But I might be delayed a little, having problems of my own." Superion says in response.

Hal clenches his jaw, "Understood."

All of a sudden, one of the reds they had beaten earlier, comes up from behind Hal and places both hands on Hal's temples. Red energy sparks from her fingers as she infects Hal with pure rage.

In the next moment, Hal feels an explosion of pure rage. All he sees, all he feels...is rage. He bellows in red hot anger even as all his memories of someone making him angry force their way to the surface. His uncle dying in a plane crash, being dishonorably discharged from the air force, forced to work as a reporter in Metro City, all the arguments he had with his sister, Vai blowing his identity to both Paragon and Superion. Rage...rage is all Hal knows, all he feels. He couldn't even think.

At this time, the male Red tries doing the same thing to Vai. To sneak up behind her and infect her with rage. Does he succeed?

Hal collapses to his knees, Alduin is talking again, looking rather pleased. What was he saying? Hal did not know, but that ticked him off even more. Hal clenches his hands, NO! I...can't...let...them...win...

Anger? No...Will. There was a way out of this maze of anger and rage. Where there is anger in these memories, there was also hope, a will to win, a will to go on and a will to conquer. Hal desperately latches onto that. And slowly, gradually, the rage dies down. And much to the utter shock and surprise of the woman who tried infecting him with rage. "Im-Impossible! How?! How did you resist that?!"

Hal smirks, "Where there is a will, there is a way." Then he creates an armored gauntlet around his right hand and arm, delivering an uppercut that knocks out the Red. Hal checks to see how Vai is doing.

#694 Posted by Vai (480 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

He very nearly took Vai by surprised, she was so focused on fighting the big guy that she almost forgot her surroundings. Almost. Vai's predatory instinct alerted her to danger and she spun around, dropping her attack on the big guy. Her hand dropped to her side, slid the sickle shaped knife from her belt loop and slid it into her hand in one smooth motion. Both Vai and her mother carried a pair of such weapons at all time and neither was afraid to use them. Vai tried to avoid killing but she wasn't entirely against it, it was in her nature to kill. In a moment driven by instinct she went for the easiest to use weapon, a six inch curved blade like the sickle claw of a dinosaur. The handle slid in as a cross hand beneath her fingers in a clinched fist and the blade stuck up between her middle two fingers. She slashed across her opponent's mid section, intending to gut him where he stood.

The blade itself was composed initially of bone but was reinforced and coated with a metal alloy similar in durability to cold vibranium and then sharpened to a mono-molecular edge. To make it stronger, a swift impulse of will coated the blade in protective green energy. There was no anger in her actions though, they were driven by instinct, the natural ability of a lethal predator to...well...be a lethal predator. She didn't have time to focus on Hal, though her ears informed her that he'd somehow shrugged off the Rage attack and she smiled a little internally to know he was ok.

#695 Posted by Green_SentinelX (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai: Sorry for the delay, I'll be responding on Sunday. ^_^

#696 Posted by Green_SentinelX (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai:

The Red jumps back, but Vai's blade still managed to deliver a mild cut. He growls, letting the anger that caused help fuel his power. If this Red could see reason beyond his anger, he might have to admit he's in over his head. He's against one of the greatest Green Sentinels and the other was certainly a rising star. But this he did not see, anger blinded him. The Red raises his right arm, pointing his ring at Vai. When he speaks, his mouth spits out liquid bile that hisses when it drips on the floor. "You shall not find me so easy to take out this time!" Then he fires off several fast moving spikes at her in an attempt to hit her.

Hal saw Vai just in time to see her perform her predatory move. But he didn't focus on the fight as he knew Vai had this well in hand. Instead, Hal focused on Alduin. He may have been only two years into his career, but he didn't back down from a fight no matter how big the bad guy was. This time, he didn't have to as Superion rushes in. As he does, he slams into Alduin and his red ring begins losing it's power because of the blue ring on Superion's finger. This forces Alduin to fight hand to hand and a battle between titans begins.

Hal finds his ring, once again, overcharged with energy. Vai might find the same thing happening to her ring. And the Red that just attacked her? He had lost all power, same as his leader. In a rage, the Red rushes at Vai, attacking with his clawed hands.

#697 Posted by Vai (480 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

Vai had to put distance between the two of them, creating a buckler sized shield on her wrist, she was able to bring it up just in time to deflect the red shards directed her way. She grinned when Superion entered the arena and her grin widened when her opponent flung himself at her in a fit of rage. She generated a construct shaped like a hammer and swung it up at the precise moment her opponent was near enough to strike. The aim was to use the war-hammer combined with her physical strength and the momentum of the swing to hopefully lift her opponent off his feet and send him crashing to the floor with at least one broken rib and the wind driven from his lungs.

If successful Vai would follow up by creating a green energy cage around him to trap him in place and leave him unable to further contribute to the fight. Though she had tried to kill him earlier it had been out of instinct, once again given enough time to act on logic and training she would attempt to keep him alive, if possibly severely injured and well out of the fight. Once he was down...Where did the other one go?

#698 Posted by Green_SentinelX (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@vai:

The Red saw it as if in slow motion. Vai creating her war hammer, swinging it at him with a grin on her face and there was nothing he could do to prevent it. He tried to move, but he was too slow, his reflexes were fast but not on the same level as Vai's and not as well honed. The hammer hits, sending the air from his lungs, breaking a rib. He crashes on the floor holding his side. He finds himself inside a cage now, he could open his mouth and escape. But it was pointless, his master was losing and he was taken out as well. All he would accomplish would be defeat once again. So he stayed.

As Vai looked for the other red, and as Superion wraps up the fight with Alduin, she might catch sight of Hal and the other red fighting it out some distance away. Hal looked to have the upper hand, but the red was holding her own much better than Hal anticipated. But when the red saw her leader taken down by Superion, Hal used that distraction to create an armored fist to sucker punch the red and score a KO. He smirks, "Never take your eyes off your opponent."

#699 Posted by Vai (480 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

(crazy crap going on lately. I'll try and respond to this later tonight, just now getting caught up with everything.)

#700 Posted by Vai (480 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

Vai grinned and dismissed her warhammer. "Ok, so now what do we do? These guys are down but there's still the tower to deal with, plus whatever created this nightmare scenario in the first place. I wouldn't count on these guys staying out of the fight forever anyway, so we should hurry with whatever it is we're doing next."

Vai carefully moved the fallen Sentinels out of the way and waited to see what it was Hal planned on doing next. She'd never had to deal with one of these towers before and wasn't sure where they should start, or even how they should start.