Maxima Institute of Higher Learning (Location)

• 101 results
MaxineMaxima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By MaxineMaxima

Realizing the need for a school to cater to the special needs of teenagers and young adults with unique gifts, Maxine decided to open a place of learning for just that purpose. The Maxima Institute of Higher Learning not only provides students with the education they need to get a job and live a full life in the real world but it’s also a safe refuge for those who are persecuted for what they are. Not just a safe place for those who are challenged socially for being different, but the Maxima Institute of Higher Learning has an open door for all students who possess unique gifts. To the outside world, the Maxima Institute of Higher Learning is simply just another Boarding School that caters to the special needs of it's students who are mentally challenged but wish to have every opportunity that others have but cannot gain elsewhere.

The Institute has three places that is considered as the whole. The first is an underground bunker with a large mansion on top of it. The mansion is a place for students to live, eat and play outdoor sports. The mansion is also a boarding school since many of the students have no other place to live. The underground bunker is used for all normal educational needs and the space station that orbits Earth is used for any education for the special gifts the students possess in order to provide a safe environment for their training. The public at large have no idea about the underground bunker or the space station.

Academics

Grades 6-12 as well as college courses are provided by Maxima's Institute of Higher Learning. It includes all the normal classes one would expect in most public schools. It also has Undergraduate education, Graduate education, Lifelong learning and classes designed to teach students about their unique gifts. Training classes to teach control over these gifts are completely optional, but it is not the main function of the Institute.

The Mansion

No Caption Provided

The mansion for the Institute of Higher Learning is a very large building that has up to 500 rooms and can hold up to 1,000 students or more if each room has more than one student bunking together. This is often the case since the Institute is one of the very few places on Earth that offers a safe refuge for mutants. The mansion is also a three story building and holds up to forty bathrooms per floor. Boys and girls are separated by each living in a different part of the mansion. Each student is responsible for cleaning their own room and doing their own laundry. The floors, hallways, bathrooms and other rooms that the students do not live in are cleaned by hired help. There is also an indoor swimming pool for the students to have access to during daylight hours. There is also a movie theater that shows all the latest movies that are coming out or it can show older movies the students wish to see. Curfew is 9:00 PM sharp on weekdays and anyone not in their rooms on time is given detention for one week.

The mansion has five star level chefs who are responsible for cooking and preparing healthy meals for the students on a daily basis. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all served at 7:00 AM, 12:00 PM Noon and 5:00 PM with each meal time being 60 minutes long before the doors close. A large cafeteria capable of seating up to 2,000 students is used for eating and dining purposes. Snacks are also offered to hungry students to curb their appetites in between meals and are mostly of healthy foods, such as fruits, nuts and breads with spreads included. Junk food is provided as well, but sparingly.

The mansion resides in the country several miles north of Metro City and it is surrounded by such a thick line of pine trees as to make it impossible to see from the ground. The mansion sits in a clearing that is, more or less, equal to the length of two football fields. This is the place that is typically used for teacher parking, student parking (if applicable), a golf course, a garden maze, a kart race track and a field that is used for sporting events as well as games for the students to use for outdoor activities. No powers are allowed while playing outside the mansion.

Mutant guards watch the place who are disguised as just regular security guards. Each one possesses a different power set and all are trained, to protect the students from any intruders. To the outside world, these are just normal men and woman just trying to do their jobs. Aside from this, the mansion itself does not possess any security system beyond what is normally found in other mansions just like it.

The Bunker

No Caption Provided

The underground bunker that is just beneath the Institute is even larger than the building on top of it. It has two to three times as many rooms and bathrooms, many of which are locked off. It has enough food to feed 2,000 people for five years and it has a vast garden that provides enough air to last an entire lifetime. The bunker was created for emergencies and Maxine Maxima spared no expense making sure her students would be safe in the event the worst happened, such as the end of the world.

The bunker also serves as the place of education for every conceivable class one can think of in a public school. The various classrooms, however, have a distinctive science fiction feel about them since the bunker looks like it came out of some futuristic sci-fi show. Even better, the place even comes with everything one would expect and that includes sliding doors, robotic assistants, futuristic buttons and much more. This is the place where students get their education and the place where teachers have their offices, as well as any living arrangements for them should any of them decide to live on campus.

The bunker’s walls are made of an unknown exotic metal that is at least six feet thick as to stop even the strongest super-being from breaking through them. The molecules of the walls are also highly resistant to phasing powers, even by those with a connection to the Speed Force. The bunker can withstand several direct hits from a 50 megaton nuclear bomb before being breached and compromised. The bunker’s security is also far tighter than the mansion sitting on top of it. In times of emergency, thick walls will slam down to protect anyone inside and stop anyone outside from getting in. As an added measure, force fields are also used for this purpose which have both anti-phasing and repelling extremely strong beings from breaking in. Quantum security makes it extremely difficult to hack into any of the doors or security systems with several layers of quantum encryption and fire walls created by mutants who specialize in technology.

Turrets strategically placed throughout the bunker are hidden in the ceilings and floors. Each turret has a cutting edge targeting system that is capable of recognizing enemies through every possible imaging scan one can imagine. Each student who is registered at the Institute is automatically safe from being the target of these turrets unless they prove themselves a threat. The turrets are capable of encasing a threat inside a force field that is capable of containing a super-human who is able to lift 100 tons. Anti-phasing is also included in these force fields. Other armaments include shooting lasers that travel 186,000 per second and fire extinguishing foam that is capable of putting out even the worst and hottest fires.

The Space Station

No Caption Provided

The science fiction aspect of the bunker is carried over to the space station. Teleporter tubes provided by the Justice League Alliance give the students the capability of beaming up to the station or down to the bunker, perhaps even the mansion, whenever they want to. A special teleporter room is even assigned to key areas around the mansion, bunker and space station. The controls are easily understandable and taught to each registered student upon being accepted into the Institute.

On the space station, classes are designed to teach about astronomy, alien places, alien life, alien biology and everything involving life on other worlds. Education and training with the gifts that the students may have are also provided but only as an optional choice. Space walking, field trips to other worlds via space ships and extreme sporting events where special gifts are allowed are all held here on the space station.

The security here is very similar to what it is in the underground bunker. There are also additional security measures, such as safety protocols when a breach occurs that sucks everything in space. When such breaches occur, a force field automatically forms to prevent any of the room’s occupants from being pulled out into space. As a secondary feature, a bulkhead slides down to seal any potential breach. Another security feature is the cloaking device that renders the space station invisible to all known imaging scans and sensors so it remains completely undetected by Earth’s governments.

Book of Imaginaton

No Caption Provided

Provided by Brenna Luther this is a very special book provided to the Institute for not only educational needs for the students but also for any optional training that may be taken. Basically, if a student imagines it then the book brings it to life using powerful magical illusions that can be as real as one believes them to be. The next step is for the student to lay a hand on a page of the book and they are pulled inside of it to live in the fantasy world they have created. Everything the student lives through is not truly real and cannot harm them. The passage of time is non-existent and they could theoretically live in this magical world for an eternity if they wished. To leave, all they have to do is wish it out loud and a door of escape is provided for them.

School Events

The Institute holds annual sporting events of various kinds, a class president like public schools, a talent show, costume parties, etc. Any and all students are encouraged to take part and even the teachers are welcomed to get involved.

Meet the Teachers

The teachers are comprised mainly of people who also possess unique gifts of their own. Having a secret identity is preferable when applying for this position but not required. The teachers are typically well trained to handle most situations and have a mind geared towards giving their students a brighter future with a strong education.

The Principle

No Caption Provided

To the world, Maxine Maxima is a normal woman who suffered a terrible accident that cost her the use of her legs. She's also the CEO and founder of MaxCo Worldwide Media along with the newly absorbed SharrCorp. In secret, Maxine is a mutant who wants to provide a safe haven for her kind as well as a safe place to live, especially for those students who do not even look human. Unknown to all, Maxine is actually the super villain known as Mantra who has had several clashes with one of Metro City's greatest champions known as Superion. She has an unknown and dark agenda for some of the students attending her Institute but what these plans are no one knows since Maxine keeps them well hidden behind smiles and a fake sob story.

Admission

Please send any Student/Teacher Applications to my Main @paragonxxx. Please include:

Name:

Reasons for applying:

Position: Are you applying for a student or a teacher?

Powers: (just brief descriptions)

Weaknesses: (if any)

Race: Are you a mutant, Inhuman, Meta-Human? I want to know.

Rules

1. I’ll allow one character, plus one alt, per player. You can play two teachers, two students or one student and one teacher. That is all and no more. Two characters only.

2. I'll allow minor destruction of the Institute, Bunker and Space Station but anything major requires my permission.

3. If you wish to come and steal something, please ask me permission first.

4. If your not a teacher or a student then finding, or knowing about, the underground bunker and hidden Space Station requires my permission.

5. To the world, this Institute is a place for mentally handicapped students. It’s a also a boarding school. Working with the underground network of spies and those with unique gifts, anyone who possess powers are made aware of the Institute's existence. If you wish to know the Institute’s true purpose for any reason other than being a student or a teacher, please ask me permission first.

6. The Institute is filled with over a hundred students and not just the player characters. Please keep that in mind. Anyone is free to NPC these additional students if the RP demands it.

7. Plagiarism will NOT be tolerated. If I find you copying off of other people's bios or a wiki page, I'm going to ask you to change it and put it in your own words. Further violations will result in your character being permanently booted from the Institute.

8. If you feel an additional rule needs to be added, please don't hesitate to suggest it.

kell_saloks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Venilia takes over the place in the first 24 hours of it existing *

Connor_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oooooh. I'm in.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ParagonxXx
Avatar image for thomas_richards
thomas_richards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Spartaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spartaca

@kell_saloks said:

*Venilia takes over the place in the first 24 hours of it existing *

No Caption Provided

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

“Gentlemen, our time has come.”

thomas_richards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EEEEEEEI I'm so excited!

Backstabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe I could teach a course in Ethics?
Maybe I could teach a course in Ethics?

Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Red_Jay
No Caption Provided

Beautiful Work!

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarkAngel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkangel_: After applications are sent and approved, yes.

Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Red_Jay
No Caption Provided

"Well isn't this a depressing sight...?" Will spoke, smoke fuming out of his mouth and cigarette in his hand.

"What's so bad about it? It's not like you're gonna be staying here for the rest of your meaningless teenage-hood," Barbara teased, watching Will lazily gaze upon a building he was all too familiar with.

"Shut up, and don't talk. We're here together, it's not like you want to be here either."

"You're right, I don't. Which is why I won't," the Dark Angel responded snarkily, crossing her arms in front of Will's puzzled face.

"Wait, sorry maybe I didn't hear you correctly the first time," he leaned towards, "say that again?"

"I won't be attending with you. Not yet, I have a mission to do. Once I'm done, then I'll come." She rose her hand.

"Motherf-" He couldn't finish, she snapped.

Then, she was gone. In a blink.

Left at a subtle state of bemusement, Will sighed."I guess it's time to turn in."

Dropping the burnt cigarette at the first step of concrete, Will allowed himself into the building. With the faintest sound of a practiced whistle, he gazed about nonchalantly. The first thing that came to mind was something he had thought the entire way there, where were they?

Renegade84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Connor_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Connor_Jackson

@red_jay: Hope it was ok if I tagged you

Outside the Maxima Institute of Higher Learing

Connor glances upward, his mouth pursed but slightly open and loose. His eyes are fixed as if he's looking at something lightyears in front of his head. Then a noise in the distance catches his attention and he blinks, refocuses. "Wow. This place is...something."And indeed it was something. Ivy and ferns grew through the crevices of the winding stone path, which led directly to the colossal structure. The mansion loomed proudly behind Shiny iron gates, flanked by rows of trees crowned in crimson and gold, swaying gently to the chilly autumn wind. At its threshold stood the delicate marble fountain, the soft gurgling of the clear water melodic as it resonated in the surrounding silence.

Connor stepped forward.

The young alien had been on Earth for quite a long time and while he had heard of his home planet Sol'ar he had never been, and he had recently just discovered the powers that rested inside of him. Connor hadn't grown up in the best environment and he had bounced around from foster home to foster home regularly. When he had found out he had powers...it had changed the game. He had no parents to tell him no...he had no one to help guide him through a dark and lonely time..which consisted of his entire life.

But after a brief time of using his evergrowing powers for extremely dumb reasons Connor met....him. Luke Jackson. The Prime. He told Connor what he truly was, but something was wrong with his brother. Luke couldn't remember the whole story. And Connor was left to figure it out.

He figured some of it out.

Which led him here.

No Caption Provided

To fully understand his past and his true heritage Connor had to grow in experience and power, he had to truly earn the title of a Soltarian, then he would figure out the rest.

A hint of smoke invaded his senses

Then he heard a rustle and a scruffle of two pairs of feet shuffling and he heard a conversation happening in the path above him.

"I won't be attending with you. Not yet, I have a mission to do. Once I'm done, then I'll come."

"Motherf-"

Then a faint snap and the second party was gone leaving only Will. Connor would raise his eyebrow slightly and push farther up on the path hoping to catch up to the newcomer. Jogging slightly Connor would hit the entrance of the school and slip through the door of his new school

Taken aback by the massive structure Connor would suck in a breath, he could feel so many minds, hear and smell and taste so many different things it sent his senes haywire. Staring at the ground he walked through the hall. Nobody seemed to care that he was unfamiliar. Nobody seemed to care that he was unusual -probably because everyone else here was too- Nobody seemed to even notice Connor. He had to actually take a glance down to make sure he was still there; that he hadn't manifested a new ability and turned invisible. Nope -still there. Connor actually liked it that way. Attention had brought him only trouble in the past, so he did my best to dissolve into the surroundings around him. Pulling his airpods in it was like music in his ears, He had a smile plastered across his handsome face. This school would be a fresh, new, normal, start.

I'm Connor. New kid around.
I'm Connor. New kid around.

He'd look around and catch the unique life signature of Will, walking up to him he'd gently tap him on the shoulder, "Uh, hey there man. I'm Connor. New kid around. This place is huuuuuge." Connor's smile would be genuine but his nervousness was evident and he felt a lot better being by another new student. And while Connor and Kid Superion shared a name...they were two different men. Similar but also extremely different.

"Where do you even start in this place?..."

Renegade84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Roxy sigh's as she walks into the Institute, a boarding school for mutants. The interview and application process with Maxine Maxima had gone well and the rebel had been accepted.

There are hundreds of students here from all walks of life. Some look humans and others look like monsters. She is apprehensive at being here because of reasons she chooses to keep to herself. She's nervous, idly wondering if certain people will come here from another place. Then Roxy has to smile to herself because silly thoughts don't matter, none of them would know what is staring them right in the face.

Roxy looks down at herself, then quickly back up. She can't believe she agreed to this! But here she is. Another school, another place to call home. She's glad she's here and away from her abusive parents. She doesn't like explaining the bruises to others. She hates lying like that.

Roxanna 'Roxy' Blade is her name and she has the idea to start something in this school but she has to run it by the Principle first. Wait, she already did! She has to make friends first, that's it. Then she can get started. She already has a name in mind and a way to start.

Roxy roams the halls looking for her room.

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maxima Institute of Higher Learning, the parking lot...

Juno's fingers rhythmically tapped on her Van's steering wheel, and her leg bouncing away. This was it, the revival. It had been half a year since the The Academy, since the Mari Crisis through her life into a blender and since she banded together her fellow misfits.

So much has changed since then, for all of them. Juno herself couldn't be happier with how things turned out. She was at the top of her game once again, after clawing her way back from nonexistence in the black market. The dealer had made million dollar trades, networked with dozens of gang and most of all, acquired a business connection with one of the most powerful families on Earth... So the question raced through her capped head, why was she even here? The answer was simple...

Juno pulled down the sun visor above, revealing a picture of herself and Venilia, posing in the gardens of the Haven. That was the reason she was here, for something as silly as love. It had been a month since they last spoke, and none of it concerning this school. It didn't matter though, as Juno would bet her entire inventory on the fact that Ven will show up here. The warrior couldn't resist a social playground like thi, even if her divine life was put on the line.

So, with a sharp inhale, she popped the door open and stepped outside.

Loading Video...

The second sunlight hit her amber eyes, Juno responded by throwing on a pair of aviators, letting out a drawn out sigh. "Well sh*t, here we go again..."

The smuggler tapped on her bracelet, summoning a control hologram. With a few swift taps and finger movements, her Van's rear doors popped open, with automated crates on mechanized legs hopping out attentively. "Room 547, electric fields active on touch." She clapped her hands, the crates quickly obeying her commands as they shuffled across the parking lot to their given destination. "Command: Link up to the school's local wifi, spread the usual advertisement for business, same we used at The Academy. I don't want someone looking up the daily weather without knowing that I'm open for business." Juno spoke into her bracelet, which beeped in affirmation of the orders.

With the initial preparations underway, the ace pilot tilted her sunglasses down a tad, looking around the parking lot for Ven, seeing if she somehow got here before she did... No such luck, however. She pursed her lips anxiously, huffing to steel her nerves. "She'll show up, she'll show up, it's fine, stop thinking about it..." Juno muttered, tapping her sunglasses back on and turned to her Van, now shuffling through her wares.

"...She better freaking show up."

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rosso

Ohhhhh, it's like The Academy 2.0, 2.0: Remix.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: Thanks! Gotta love the classics.

Flub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maxima Institute of Higher Learning, the parking lot...

Flub sat in the passenger seat of his Mom's truck, his side noticeably lower to the ground. His floating eyeballs were fixed on his hands, which was busy fiddling with his student I.D for this school he suddenly found himself signed up for.

"...Fredrick?"

It wasn't his idea, not in the slightest. The gelatinous teen was more than content staying on the Islands, spending his summers relaxing and fishing with his dad. All it took was getting fired from a summer job for slacking off, though, and his mother decided that it was time for a change.

"...Fredrick?"

Always the one to look for the silver lining, Flub at least considered how he could at least make some friends here, with people like him for a change.

"Okay, sweetie!?" Flub's mother snapped her fingers in front of his face, finally breaking him away from his thoughts, looking over at her. She gave him a big smile, her eyebrows raised doubtfully. "You didn't hear a single word I said, did you?"

"Sorry Ma, I was just-"

"Worrying?"

"I was gonna say thinking, but yeah, that too... What were you saying?" Flub asked, his skull tilting quizzically inside the mass.

She chuckled, shaking her head and looking over to the school. "I was trying to say that I went to a school just like this when I was just a little girl. Looks normal, it's not, people have powers etc etc." She nodded her head as she listed the similarities. It made sense, considering she herself was a full fledged super hero. "Anyway, it really helped me figure out where I was heading in life. You know, people like us, people with powers? Regular schools just don't have the accommodations for figuring out that kind of stuff. Especially for you, big guy."

"Is it the blob thing?"

"It's the blob thing, yes." Flub's mom clicked her tongue, pinching his pink mass of an arm, her smile clearly signifying years of constructive teasing. "There's no mincing it, Keikikāne, you're going to be pulling double duty in figuring out where you fit in this life. This is going to help you, the same way it helped me... I promise."

Flub could only nod his skull at her mother's support, she always was the cure for any anxieties he faced when it came to his condition.

"Now, you have all your stuff, that's not a question because I checked after you told me it was "fine". You have your phone, you have my work number... I think you're ready, sweetie. No, I know you're ready. So get out there, and show everyone the charming young man you are, okay? Now come here and give your Ma a kiss."

The teen led out a rumbling, embarrassed sigh, leaning over so his mother could peck him on his "cheek"

"Aloha wau iā 'oe"

"You too, Ma. I'll call you."

Just like that, Flub was watching his mother drive out of the parking lot, with his bag slung over his massive shoulder. "Well, at least the awkward goodbye's out of the way!" Flub reassured himself, instantly burying that urge to run after the truck and away from this place. "Yup! Totally good" It was a work in progress.

The gigantic mass turned around, his floating eyes looking up to the Institute in all it's new glory. "Rad, now I just need to go and find..." Flub stopped in his tracks, noticing cases on legs moving across the lot. "...My... Room? Is no one else seeing this!?"

The_Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is great! I do want to join but don't think I currently have a character for it where they are. And while Valeria would make for an interesting teacher, I doubt she'd do that because she's too busy right now.

I may end up having to make a character for this, because i want a street leveler I can use. And this'd be a great spot.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Renegade84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Renegade84

@flub:

No Caption Provided

Roxanna 'Roxy' Blade. Rebel, singer and musician. There have been an influx of new students lately and the rebel teen decides to go outside to check out some of the new arrivals. Brushing a strand of pink hair that has been dyed, she takes a moment to enjoy the warmth of the sun on her skin. But this is only momentary since her mood can change easily due partly to her mental disorder. The meds help but she wishes she didn't need them.

As Roxy begins walking around the parking lot, she pops in some bubble gum before she nearly runs into someone who might as well be cases on legs. Thinking she's having one of her hallucinations, Roxy then hears someone blurt out, "Is no one else seeing this!?"

Roxy looks up only to see a gelatinous mass that is roughly humanoid in appearance but with a very visible skeleton inside of it. Him. Her? Whatever. The rebel moves to the side to allow the cases on legs to continue on towards the school's front doors as Roxy now comes to the conclusion she isn't having one of her hallucinations since this...human blob...is seeing it too. She actually breathes a sigh of relief since seeing an hallucination can make her come off as...well...for lack of a better term...crazy. That doesn't exactly illicit any sort of popularity and it makes it difficult to make friends.

Roxy tilts her head as she looks at the teenager who looks to be made of red or pink colored jello. Then she rubs her eyes with her hands before she looks again, her face moving off a bit to the side as she gives 'Flub' a sideways glance while squinting, almost as if to disbelieve what she is actually seeing. Nope, it's not X-Ray Vision and yes it's real. Then to answer the teenager's question, Roxy shrugs her petite shoulders as she thumbs in the direction of the cases on legs, "Believe it or not..." She blows a bubble with her gum and pops it, "...I've seen worse. There's even a chick in there who looks like walking corpse." She nods seriously, "Rounded a corner and scared the crap out of me!" She says with a smirk, but still being serious.

"Soooo." Roxy says idly, glancing the stranger up and down, "I'm Roxy. What's your name? And please don't say Blob."

Roxy is wearing torn blue jeans at the knees, a white shirt and a black leather jacket. Black hair with a pink streak marks her hair, but otherwise she looks like a typical teenage rebel. She's even wearing a black choker color with a silver clip on it. No make up, though.

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Alexander_West

It was Alex West's first day at his new high school, after transferring from KCCH Alex had then proceeded to pack his few belongings from his house into his car and he set way to Metro City.

Parking Lot of the Maxine Institute

Putting in his earbuds Alexander grabbed his backpack and stepped out of his car. The smooth groove of 6lack bumped in his ears calming Alex down and giving him the confidence to stride out of the parking lot towards the school.

Loading Video...

Walking through the parking lot Alex saw a lot of students milling around and chatting quietly but it wasn't until Alex spotted a familiar pair of aviator glasses would Alex skid in his tracks.

Oh no. Oh Hell no.

His blood ran cold.

Juno Fei.

Nope, nope, nope.

Remembering his first meeting with the smuggler a week before this he would turn on his heels and take the long way around, not going superfast....but going damn near. Alexander's path took him to the front of the school where he pushed open the door and stepped inside

No Caption Provided

Comparing this school to his old on Alex let out a slight exhale of breath, compared to his school the hallways seemed busier, the students seemed less friendly and, the teachers didn't seem to care that he didn't know his way around. Alex slung his backpack over his shoulder and picked up his map, determined to find his room without help. Big football players raced past him in an effort to get their lunch first and cliques of cheerleaders clotted the stairs. Some gave Alex looks but he would push his head down slightly and continue on his trek down the hallway. Despite Alex being extremely handsome his self-esteem was less than extraordinary.

Now at the head of the school he would stop in and turn in a circle extremely lost.

Extremely confused.

With a very large sense of Dejavu

"Where the hell do I go from here?"

Micro-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Micro-Man

"...Reed... How are you?" That was a good question. "Reed?" But no answer. "Reed, I said how are you." The Quantum Explorer would look outward into the faint sky as his pod soared above numerous buildings of the Metropolis that was Metro City. A bored look couldn't help but stay seated on his face as he remained silent and motionless within the cockpit of his flying machine, peaceful enough that the bountiful thoughts of his ever working mind could be practically heard among calm that was the pod that he had flown in. Just peaceful enough to-"REED!" The boy in question shook abruptly as he voice spiking in decibels over the pod's communication, immediately waking him up from his death like state.

"Yes...?" Was all he could say with his breathing noticeably increased, as he took amount to calm himself down as reassess, doing so while the person on the other end of the line would breath an audible sigh of annoyance. "I just want to know how your doing, with everything." A large sigh in, a small one out. Truthfully, there wasn't a whole lot for him to say. The last few months hadn't been easy for a variety of reasons, his research, situation and current condition had kept him in the lab out in the field or stuck in his lab. Unbeknownst to the rest of them, he had been operating on certain matters that had been troubling him since the time had had first been dropped off at the other academy. So when asked how he was, the answer was quite simple.

"Not well..." Yet another sigh would come from the mildly static voice. "Look, Reed, I understand the grief that this situation has put you in, and it would be easier if you here. But you know that we can't do that..." His hands stayed frozen on the yoke of the pod as he just stared straight forward with an even less amused expression creeping over him. "This new school is giving you a second chance at a higher education, which is something that you'll need if we get out of this. You've been handed an enormous opportunity to utilize your genius... don't waste it." The comm link would end in beep, leaving Reed with nothing but his own thoughts once more.

15 minutes later...

The pod would continue to fly straight ahead, soon detecting the vast property that lay below, a grand mansion like structure standing before a parking lot that the prodigy's GPS was quick to identity. With nothing more than some light breathing to prepare himself, the pod would descend and engage its quantum repositioning measures, resulting in the craft reducing from the size of a bus to that of small bird. A few seconds later, Reed would place the pod behind a tree, its high pitched buzzing attracting a few bees that happened to be nearby. Moments after it had come to a complete halt, Reed would exit out of the now toy sized object, briefcase in hand. With the click of his belt, he would return to normal size place the pod inside the carry on.

Making his way towards the school, he thought about how much he loathed the idea of going back. The last school that he had gone to was attacked by a chaos demon the very first day that he had shown up, his most prominent memory, since he had spent barely a week there at the time. His saving grace was being able to meet a group of people that he felt somewhat safe with, even if he was seen as an odd duck among them. So while he wasn't looking forward to what the school had to offer, he could at least be assured that he would know a few of the students. Juno in particular was someone that he had been hoping to fine like he had on the first day of his previous institute, the memory of how she hugged him on sight bringing something of a smile to his face. Truthfully, she was the only thing that he was looking forward to.

Now in the parking lot, he wondered where his fellow students were at the time. He did his best extrapolate where they had been at the time based on their routines and general behaviors. Pulling his tablet from his briefcase, the invisible rays that it emitted would do a quick sweep over the entire property in order to analyze its vicinity as well as locating the others, based on their unique physiological make up (a perk of being their personal medic). Getting back a full reading of the area, the first bit of information to come up had been his companion Will. Walking over to him some few meters from were he had been standing, he straightened his plaid sweater and stopped a few feet away from him. "Hi, Will. Do you know where the others are?" His normally flat voice showing something some friendliness towards him.

Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Red_Jay

"Uh, hey there man. I'm Connor. New kid around. This place is huuuuuge."

No Caption Provided

A voice spoke out from behind him, unfamiliar. Though once he had turned around, Will came to realize who it was; or who he thought it was. "I know who you are, Connor,"Will's confidence drove his words, though he'd soon come to realize that wasn't the Connor Will had once known. Soon, he had come to put the pieces together that the person he had associated with in the past wasn't the one he was talking to in the present.

"Where do you even start in this place?..."

That one statement being Will's main key. The Connor he knew already experienced what it was like being in an environment as secluded as this one; The Academy. Though this one who stood before him didn't seem to know, that, Will could work with. "Or do I? I don't mean to press but have we met?"He asked the foreign civilian of the strange 'Sol'ar.' "If the answer's no, the name's Will. Also new kid of this place."

He scoffed, eyes glazing over the luminescent chandelier that bestowed over the heads of both newcomers. A sight so bright even enhanced eyesight couldn't resist.

"Hi, Will. Do you know where the others are?"

No Caption Provided

He heard from his side, though he didn't bother to sway his attraction of the mansions' beautiful aesthetic, he already knew who it was. "Nah, that was the question I was gonna ask if I ran into one of y'all."He answered fidgeting away at the display of a knights' royal armor. "Probably in the parking lot."

"I suppose you haven't seen her?"

Connor_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I know who you are, Connor,"

Taking a double take Connor would step back a bit. "Wait, really?" He'd scan through his memories trying to pick out the one where he had met Will. But he came back with Sop'ha <Nothing> He stared at the staircase with confusion and awe until Will spoke again.

"Or do I? I don't mean to press but have we met? If the answer's no, the name's Will. Also new kid of this place."

You had me thinking for a second there.
You had me thinking for a second there.

Connor would laugh a bit and nod his head "Ok, yeah. That's what I thought. You had me thinking for a second there. No, we've never met before. Well until now. Nice to meet you Will."

He'd hold his hand out for a shake when he heard the footsteps of someone else approaching them and a feeling of shyness enveloped Connor making him hitch a breath for a second and breathe a bit heavy until he could gather his thoughts.

What the Hell was that?

Then turning around he saw a young student approaching the two though he stopped short by a few feet, and Connor would sense the familiarity between the two.

"Hi, Will. Do you know where the others are?"

"Nah, that was the question I was gonna ask if I ran into one of y'all. Probably in the parking lot."

"I suppose you haven't seen her?"

Connor Jackson would stay silent for a while until their conversation stopped. Then after Will was done he would look at Reed and gulp slightly, the feeling of awkward energy that was Reed was hitting Connor in the face hard but he felt a small hint of friendliness with allowed Connor to take reins back on his feelings. He'd smile and give a small wave feeling his should introduce himself.

"Hey, I'm Connor."

You enroll in a squad?
You enroll in a squad?

Turning back to Will he'd ask curiously "Who are the "Others?" did you all enroll in a squad?" Because if so Connor didn't know what he was gonna do. He had no clue if he was friend material for his whole group. He didn't even know if the others would want to hang out with him.

God.

High School problems.

Flub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Believe it or not..."

Flub remained still, but his eyes darted in the stranger's direction from the moment she spoke. As she continued to explain how she saw what he assumed was a mummy inside, one of his eyes wandered back over to the crates just as they went inside. "Wild. Wild..." He muttered, his skull mouthing the words rumbling from his mass.

Finally, his attention was focused on the Alt girl who approached. Everything about her screamed rebel, with a pink streak to tie it all together. Still, her attractiveness did little to fetter Flub, as he was always confident in the presence of others.

"I'm Roxy. What's your name? And please don't say Blob"

He let out a rumbling chuckle, shaking his skull casually at the obvious question. "Nah, though it's not much better than what I roll with." The mass explained, extending his gelatinous arm out to her, his skull tilting on the inside. "It's Flub, but don't worry it's just a nickname. My parents weren't cruel like that." He laughed once more, expecting the girl to return with her own handle.

The_Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mwaha! Got almost all the stuff down for a new character! @francis_flinn. Need to finish what he'll actually have coming here, he doesn't have the suit he has in the pic right now. And to sort out some issues the site seems to have with it.

Spartaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Where has the Queen of Mean been for the last two months? Chained to a pillar. Yup, I was chained and stripped of my right to a divine lawyer. She was certain there was no such thing as a divine lawyer, but she really could have used one during her time of persecution. When someone is forced to endure a lecture from twelve distant relatives who indulged in incest, they would be dramatic too. Though to be fair for once in her life, she had to admit was not persecuted for her glamorous features. Instead the truth she was supposedly related to oiled wrestlers flayed her dense skin and made her feel she had been tormented.

Venilia, the greatest thing to ever emerge from the intestines of Chaos was related to the Twelve Olympians. The thought not only grossed her out, it made her rest her forehead on the moving glass window. If she could thrust her face into it she would, but she needed to make a good impression for the school she was forced to enroll in. Correction: She needed to make a good impression on the God of War, who somehow rescued her as a child, and then raised her in his own twisted way. Once again to be fair she was just as twisted as he was, and in on the plan. If she didn't enroll in the school, how else would she return home? To the real world. She needed to prove to the Ancient One - her real father - she was not a mistake, and not some Bratz doll that could be disposed.

How was she going to prove she was just as much of a warrior as the traitor? She had no idea - yet. Ares vowed to help her in her journey, but only if she followed his authority. If she alienated herself like she did at the Academy, then he promised he would leave her here in despair. So while she did not know the full plan or reason she was being sent to a school filled with dweebs again, she needed to follow the instructions she was given. Venilia pulled back from the transparent window and threw herself back against the bus seat, brooding over past mistakes and memories that made her feel feeble. She glanced over to her right to see if anyone was watching her. Luckily for her no one was spying on her, or admiring her youthful glow. She hated feeling vulnerable, though for once she was able to rest her head and remove the façade without having to prove she was just as mentally stable as everyone else.

Clearly she was stable - for now, or was she? She could never tell when she was on the verge of experiencing another high or low. What she did know for certain was that she was abandoned by her father for a condition that should not even exist within her. Then again, how could she judge her father when she abandoned the only people who may have loved her? The Outcast is what she liked to call them. The Imperfect Goddess suddenly scoffed at the thought, remembering how every boy in the haven thought she was a menace. Leaving their side did not hurt, or at least that's the fluctuation in her brain was telling her at the moment. To return home she believed she had to distance herself from the dysfunctional teens. She was getting way too attached, losing her focus on what was important, which was returning to her father and becoming the weapon she was fated to be.

The only one who understood her was her crush, Juno Fei. She was the only one she could not completely distance herself from, no matter how hard she tried. In fact before her divine predicament, the two had a particular session in her van that was sporadic and unpredictable. While the broken goddess was not aware she was hardwired that night and not responsible for her impulsive actions, a part of her always desired to explore those feelings. She may not have wanted it to go that specific route, but at the moment she did not regret her decision. In fact she was willing to do it all over again once she endured the torture of her first day in school. The two have not spoken since she was taken to Mount Olympus, and since she was feeling like royalty again she planned on making reservations to somewhere special. The two would be on top of the world, piercing the sky of Europe, and catching up. The only problem: She had no money. Yet given her current state, it did not concern the energetic goddess one bit.

As the luxurious school bus turned the corner, the vintage mansion along with the pine trees that cupped it's rear from a distance came into view. She couldn't wait to see the look on every student's face when the bus rolled through the front gate. If she was going to make a grand entrance, she needed a lavish bus to capture her image. In her mind, flying was the past and facing a crisis that could not be ignored. What was the crisis? People from all social classes flying around in thongs. Flight was outdated, and she needed to change the game. To set herself apart and start a new trend, she convinced the goddess of all diva's to transport her to school on a privileged bus. In her complex mind, there was no better way in becoming popular than being escorted on an expensive bus that glistened like her lip gloss. "Show time." The manic teen whispered, rising up from the leathered seat with the flare of a model. The bus driver suggested she sit down for her safety, only for her to clap back with a response no adult wanted to hear. "Worry about the hair loss crisis you're dealing with, sir. Today is a fresh new start, and I plan on becoming the most popular girl in 60 seconds." She tidied herself up, adjusting the tie to her black school blazier.

No Caption Provided

The bus driver grumbled something about rude privileged kids before driving up to the two iron gates. Parting ways for royalty, the bus finally drove inside and parked on the stone path leading toward the boarding school. Venilia pushed through the student crowd inside the bus and approached the two lustrous doors that automatically swung open for her to exit. Grabbing the two metallic handles used to support senior citizens, the Queen of Mean stepped down the steps in a dramatic manner. Whether she caught the crowd's attention or not, she made certain everyone knew she came from a family of class. Gripping the straps to her backpack, the embodiment of extra inhaled the autumn fragrance and exhaled hope. "Hello to new beginnings." She said, unaware that the God of War enrolled her in a school that attracted former faces from the Academy. Even worse: A school catered to special needs students.

Loading Video...

The_Immortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(Open)

Francis Flinn arrived and was dropped off by his mother, she had done what paperwork she had to do. But she had to go home and get to work. As much as she wanted to ensure he actually communicated with who he needed to, she just couldn't stay. She did however give Francis several pieces of paper which had instructions and explanations.

The boy was a bit tall for his age, being a 6' boy at 16. And he was dressed for school, though, he had no super uniform just yet. He had ideas for how to fix that. Unfortunately, one of them was probably a few thousand dollars away from actually getting built. He had a less expensive version he wanted to work on which he believed he could get done fairly soon. He did hope the school would help with that though. Not the design, just the resources.

No Caption Provided

And immediately he started looking for an adult or someone who knew what they were doing. He had only one word to say, "Help?" and pointed to the document in his hand which explained he had poor communication skills but was indeed a student of the school and needed to find where he needed to get started. He in particularly was looking for teachers or adults. But he didn't feel irritated asking students either, nor would he mind just going wherever they were going. He might lack a vocabulary, but he was still a somewhat social kid.

Francis Flinn. A mutant super-genius who knew more about how the world worked then most his teachers did, and who would regularly preform gymnastics that should have gotten him into the olympics. But who could barely manage more then three words, at best, at a time. Where exactly this school would take him, time would tell.

Renegade84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Renegade84

Everybody is different, everyone deserves a chance. This school is for people who cannot live a normal life, to escape the persecution for what they are. These are people who were born with a gift but sometimes it can be devastating. The gift can make a mutant look like a monster straight out of someone's nightmare. It can get ugly at times. Roxy was made aware of this when she had her interview with the Principle, Maxine Maxima. This Institute is a place for everyone to be accepted for who and what they are.

Roxy saw 'Flub' from afar and immediately knew that he might be considered an outcast here simply because he looks so different from everyone else. Initially, the rebel with a cause didn't even want to come over but she did anyway because everyone needs a friend. She hasn't been here long but a lot of the other students have already decided their opinion about her, but mostly due to her schizophrenia. Maxine caught it but not early enough before she gained a reputation of being a bit crazy so she got relegated to the unofficial 'Losers Club'. Screw them and *** what they think.

Roxy smiles, glad that her joke about Blob being his name making him chuckle. But it sounded more like a rumble, like quiet thunder rumbling inside of him but muffled. Despite Flub's appearance, Roxy keeps in mind this guy is here for an education and likely to fit in. Rebel or not, she has already decided to be his first friend and is glad that her joke has successfully broken the ice between them. Exactly what she was hoping for.

As Roxy takes his gelatinous hand in her own, she giggles at his own humor, "I'm glad!" She says, feeling the mass in her hand, it really does seem as if she's gripping a hand made entirely of jello but hardened up on the surface, yet pliable enough to be flexible. Knowing Flub is going to be interesting. "Some call me, Rebellion. But I prefer Roxy to my friends." She winks at him, implying she wants to be his friend here.

Part of Roxy's mental disorder means she jumps from one topic to the next and that is what she does now as she releases Flub's hand. Offering yet another of those roguish smiles, as if she's planning to be a little mischievous, Roxy asks Flub a question out of the blue, "You have any musical talents? Can you sing or play a musical instrument?"

MaxineMaxima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_immortal: @alexander_west:

The teachers hadn't arrived yet. Typical. Maxine frowns softly, ruining her otherwise gorgeous features with an expression that does not at all suit her but one she finds herself doing more often these days. She sits in her electric wheelchair, hating the thing and wishing that she could walk again without relying on her powers to do it. But she refuses to go through yet another pity party for herself, the students need her. The other place closed down and now she has this place all to herself. It couldn't have worked out better in her mind. Now she's in control. All these lives, all these students, have no idea what they are in for.

But there is one challenge to Maxine's seat of power here. A challenge unknown to all save for the one who is here. A person who has slipped under Maxine's 'radar'. Is he or she a teacher or a student? The question posed is rather moot since the Queen of all Metro City media does not even know about this person, whoever it happens to be. Someone who knows her secrets.

Alex West. Maxine sees the ginger in the hallway, hears the words coming from his lips. Another student isn't as wordy, just saying one. Help. Maxine hides a smirk. The mansion is rather large with many hallways and doors. It can seem like a maze to those not used to it's layout. To someone new, one can easily get lost. With no teacher here yet, it falls to Maxine or a kind hearted student to lend a hand. She despises this, to help a student in such a fashion. Helping one self is the key to survival. To fend off the predators and prove your the best. The strongest. If not, they are weak and unworthy of life.

Maxine buries her feelings under a placid mask of calm. Like the eye of a storm, one cannot see what is beyond the horizon but it's there laying in wait and beyond perception. Maxine directs her wheelchair towards the students, Alex and Francis, before her strong voice speaks out to them. A voice that demands attention, for it is one that belongs to a leader. As questionable as Maxine can sometimes be as a person, she inspires others. She hasn't gotten where she is without being inspiring, "You two look like a lost pair of puppies. I'm Maxine Maxima, your Principle. You can call me either Ms. Maxima or Principle Maxima, whichever you like. And let me guess, your trying to find your rooms?" She asks, raising a red eyebrow as her green eyes peer at them through a pair of glasses.

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Alexander_West

Alex would be looking around the school trying to drown out the ever-growing deja vu that was growing in his mind. It went from unpleasant to actually nauseating, causing Alex to groan slightly. It had started when he had seen Juno again in the parking lot, and again when he entered the school. Alex felt like he had done something like this before...but he didn't know what.

Wow. What's going on? Ugh.

He could feel the vomit rising in his throat and he'd grab his chest trying to keep from upchucking. But then he'd hear a feminine voice from behind him and his blood would once again run cold. He had heard her voice before, her talks about the Crimson and Scarlet Spiders were notorious and extremely famous.

Every head turned towards Alex and another new kid who was close to him. And as Maxine Maxima spoke to them all the bystanders went silent trying to cling onto every word of their famous principal.

"You two look like a lost pair of puppies."

The school laughed.

Alex would turn as stiff as a board and he'd slowly turn around by shuffling his feet until he was facing the Principal, her dark orange hair made her radiate a type of confidence and power that made people respect her. Alex was quite different. His face became the color of a bad sunburn and under that flaming orange hair it had the effect of making his head look like it was on fire.

I'm Maxine Maxima, your Principle. You can call me either Ms. Maxima or Principle Maxima, whichever you like. And let me guess, your trying to find your rooms?"

A heavy silence settled over them, thicker than the uneasy tension in the atmosphere

Alex shuffled slightly.

Unsettled eyes glanced unceremoniously around and tried to avoid catching other glances that passed by. Alex shifted uncomfortably in place and grasped his sweaty, nervous hand, but looking at the other kid who looked like he didn't speak much Alex would sigh slightly and take one for the team.

"Um *Nervous Ahem* H-Hello Ms. Maxima, nice to meet you. And Um, I'm not sure about him but I'm not searching for my room just yet, just trying to get my bearings. This is a big school." He'd offer her a smile trying to seem less socially awkward then he actually was. Trying to mask his anxiety and fear and also attempting to make the blush in his face vanish.

The crowd would disperse now going back to their regular activities and Alex would slightly sigh in relief. Waiting for the other student to speak up, or for Maxima herself to say something else.

The_Immortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_west: @maxinemaxima:

Speak. Someone was talking to him. A voice of a authority, he turned around to see the woman. In what was to the rest of the world a mere second, was to him several slow ones as every bit of data that world offered was obtained and remembered. Maxine Maxima. Alliteration. Principle. Authority. Ms or Principle. He, of course, would not use her surname, though he would remember it. He also wouldn't use her first. In fact, if he spoke at all to address her. It would simple be 'Principle.' She asked if they were trying to find there rooms.

Another person she was talking to. Nervousness. He spoke. Greeting the woman, and saying he was just trying to get bearings first. Big school. He smiled. Still nervous. Francis smiled at him and the moment. It was a foreign smile. Not one detached from emotion, rather, one detached from social norms. He did not feel the nervousness in the same way. Or at least, he didn't know how to express it the same way. He was just happy he was not ignored.

He paused, his turn now. He looked at the documents in his hand then back at the lady and at the other boy. And held one out for the woman. It detailed his issue of communication with any kind of words. As well as what he was here for. And then he spoke, finally, to the principle first "Where?" he wasn't necessarily asking where his room was, but rather, where he was supposed to go at this moment. Not that it came out very well.

A glance at the kid next to him. Nervous speaker. But, at least, he knew how to speak. Francis barely did. His voice was quiet, because it was heavily unused. But now, he spoke another word, and held out a hand to the other boy. Shake hands. That's what people do. "Friends?" the question was future tense. He did not want to be alone. And while poor with words, Francis desperately wanted to be a part of society. He hoped Alex would accept the possibility of allowing him to do that.

He paused, while the document given to the Principle did give his name. This other person had not mentioned his. Nor had Francis said his name to the other kid yet, the word came out quiet and uncertain, not in its content, but in its context, "Francis." he pointed to himself.

Communication is hard.

Flub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renegade84:

She made bubbly seem like an understatement, and there wasn't a solitary moment where she wasn't bouncing on the heels of her own feet. It was overwhelming for Flub, but only at first. Most people he talked to, while kind, were still cautious in his presence. The same kind of caution a person utilized while talking to a paraplegic, worrying too much about offending them. Not with this one, though. While it was obvious that she was analyzing Flub's appearance, it was also obvious that she moved past the initial shock.

"Some call me, Rebellion. But I prefer Roxy to my friends."

The mass pointed at her, casually gesturing to her entire aesthetic. "It's a little on the nose, don't you think?" He chuckled "I think I'll just stick with Roxy."

Before that topic even ended, she had already moved on to the next, causing Flub to realize that she might have attention issues. "Funny enough, yeah, I mess with music all the time! I'm actually a pretty good DJ, if I'm bein' humble."

Lost_Carbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maxinemaxima: if anyone tries to play me to off anyone here I'm going to curb them... It be like shooting fish in a barrel

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lost_Carbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: its always cute when they try and act all big. Alright...go ahead ill give you the first punch

Beelzebub_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Beelzebub_

open to anyone who responds

He had asked to be let off at the entrance of the immense school's driveway. He looked at his new beginnings and pondered what tomorrow would bring. He could hear the commotion of the students from where he stood, exhaling a sigh of disbelief and disinterest. Why was he forced to endure this journey? He was Michael Craven, but the moniker he wanted to be recognized by was Beelzebub. He was not a fan of the occult, and he did not like secret rituals, but he wanted to let people know that he was not someone to be crossed. He was not here to make friends, but he wanted others to know that too. He was a fighter. And fighters win.

(@juno_fei )

Michael heaved his immense duffle bag over his shoulder as vehicle after vehicle passed him. His ears would hear the different pitches of the engine and gears shift. He could even smell the odor of heated oil. Michael was a trained fighter - one trained in the arts of fighting so being aware of his environment was like breathing. He continued upwards the steep driveway to come across a female pop out of her van in the adjacent parking lot with the quickness and determination of a tactical assault. Michael looked astonished, his lone revealed eye just remained fixed on the woman as she swung her van doors open and continued on as she was looking for someone for reasons he did not know. He had his own agenda as she apparently did, and Michael continued onward.

(@spartaca)

His walk of gloom continued as he heard the squeal of bus approach from his rear. More students to avoid. He noticed the bus park close to the entrance, its twin doors opening to unleash more of the spectacle which was the student body. The harbinger of the bus was a fairly tall blonde, her excitement he found rather odd. She possessed an amount of exuberance the others did not. What was this ones story. He was not in the mood to endure the shallow exuberance of the school's cheerleader. He would rather face a thousand cuts and be forced to endure the expected pain as he soaked in ammonia than to be subjected to superficial emotions. He did not want to judge too quickly for that would be a mistake that could prove costly, and Michael continued onward.

(@alexander_west @maxinemaxima)

He continued the trek through the welcoming school doors, the commotion inside the immense building at the same level as it was outside. The hallways was a tactical nightmare. A pinch point easy for the slaughter to anyone in the line of fire. This school was immense, but it lacked the basic understanding of tactical defenses. He had learned to hide in the open. That the hardest thing to recognize was the reflection that stared at one in the mirror. This building was built to impress, not to protect. The hallways began to empty somewhat as the crowd began to disperse quickly like roaches to the light. He had heard the woman in the wheelchair mention rooms. Obviously she was part of the staff and the one who stood dumbfounded in front of her was not. Michael sized him up: height, weight, reach. He lacked reach with his wiry frame. What made this one special?

Michael would raise his hand, talking through the mask which covered his facial features, I would like to know where to locate my room. Michael Craven. Prefer Beelzebub. It is a big school but I want to know where I can bunker down. He would look through the curious guy in front of him as he was not even there and waited to continue onward.

Renegade84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flub:

Roxy is glad he will stick to her name given the idea that she winked rather suggestively at him to indicate she wanted that to begin with. The human blob looks like something out of some horror movie, but the person beneath shows he's far above such trivial things such as being called a 'monster' or 'freak'. He's a person with real emotions, dreams, aspirations and everything else that comes with a life to live. Past the appearance is layers upon layers of the person Fredrick is as a person now and a person he will later become. Roxy chooses to see the person beneath and it's a person that has a sense of humor but not afraid to be honest about the obvious.

"It's a little on the nose, don't you think?" He chuckled "I think I'll just stick with Roxy."

Roxy claps her hands, which are black gloves without the fingers, "Excellent!" And then it's off to another subject, but had Roxy stuck with this part long enough she would have agreed it was a bit on the nose, but she's actually not the one who named her Rebellion but rather someone else.

Now that Flub has confirmed he's a pretty good DJ, Roxy's sparkling blue eyes light up like a kid on Christmas as her knees come together and her forearms hug herself close as she seems to be beaming with barely contained excitement, "Far out!" Alrighty then...who says that kind of thing anymore? Isn't that lingo from the 1970's?

Roxy doesn't care about any lingo that has been discontinued. She is here to break trends, break the rules and create new trends! She's here for a wild ride and she wants Flub in on the fun. So she swings an arm around his shoulders, if he allows it, and whispers in his ear as her other hand points to the sky, "I'm starting my own band, we're thinking of calling ourselves..." With a wave of her hand, she sweeps it before the sky above them, "...Space Rebels! What do you think...Huh? HUH?! On the nose again, I'm sure, but we'll be performing guess where? SPACE!"

Wait. Space? This might give Flub a bit of pause, perhaps confusion? Either way, Roxy doesn't even slow down or skip a beat as she releases her hold on Flub and steps fully in front of him as she smiles from ear to ear, "That's right, you don't know. This School has a Space Station in orbit and we'll performing there, hence the name." She does a little run, but in a standing still position since she's bursting with excitement, "Oh, I can't wait! Want a tour?!"

And just like that, poor Flub has been bombarded with the revelation the school has a space station AND the offer of a tour, not to mention on any thought about what he thinks about the name Space Rebels. It's like, sheesh, doesn't she know how to SLOW DOWN?!

MaxineMaxima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MaxineMaxima

Maxine never intended to draw a crowd but as famous as she happens to be, it's sometimes unavoidable. Everyone seems to either want her autograph, want to be her or just want to be close to her in the hopes they'll get their fifteen minutes of fame. They laugh from her puppies comment and the blush on Alex's face is telling. The fiery redhead has no hope in hiding it. Not from someone who is, and was, a reporter and very skilled at noticing details such as that and more besides.

The air becomes thick like a blanket with silence, as if the onlookers gathered around wait with baited breath as Alex takes time to respond. Maxine pretends not to notice them the little ants wanting attention. It's only after that Alex musters up a response, which is akin to trying to find the words before a famous movie star. The nervous is almost palpable. Like it can be touched by the hands of anyone bothering to reach out.

After Alex's response, Maxine can't take it anymore and she turns her head to the side at the crowd watching with green eyes blazing but face perfectly calm like the calm before the storm, "Something I can do for you?" Many shake their heads as the crowd dispersed before Maxine looks up at Alex again.

Maxine's eyes shift over to Francis, taking his documents that he offered and asking one simple question. A man of few words and judging by the way he speaks and that voice sounding like it sees little use, the Principle rightly assumes this teenager does not speak much. But the meaning and question conveys the message he wishes to get across good enough that Maxine understands.

Maxine opens her mouth, ready to speak, but someone says something first and ruins what she had been about to say in response to Francis's friends comment. Turning her head, she sees another student. A teen with a mask. It's a good thing he introduces himself as Michael Craven because Maxine remembers what room she assigned him. "Your one floor up and your room is B-53. You'll be bunking with another student. If you'd rather have your own room, we can talk later about it. Good to have you." She adds the last bit as if she's not used to being polite, but she realizes she's a bit too much 'all business'. He's a student, not a business man in a suit ready to strike a deal.

Maxine then looks over at Alex, giving him a knowing look and then an arrogant smirk, "Well, if you feel this overwhelming, wait until you go downstairs to the underground bunker and the space station in orbit. But don't worry, that's what Orientation is for. I'll cover everything then as well as a tour."

Then Maxine looks at Francis, finally taking the time to answer him and his friends comment before offering him his documents back after barely glancing at them, "I think it's a splendid idea to become friends with him, Mr. Flinn." She says, making a casual gesture towards Alex before addressing Flinn herself, "As for where to go from here, I suggest your room. A-27, this floor. Orientation will start in one hour."

Then she opens the floor to questions as she eyes them all, "Any questions?"

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Alexander_West
No Caption Provided

Alex's cheeks would resume their original color and he'd breathe more evenly, now that the crowd was dispersed Alex had enough focus to notice that another student had entered the fray and he stood and after watching Belzebub size him up Alex's eyes narrowed slightly and he took a deep breath and cleared his throat trying to shake down a Do you want something? From his throat.

Most people who had known Alex before knew of his extremely mean and hurtful vibes, the way he was boastful and prideful, always quick to the verbal punch. For a while even after his memory and powers were taken away Alex was like that.

But that all changed one day at school.

When the dirt started flying Alex was always in the thick of it, slinging insults better than anyone. He was a class act in a very unclassy way. Unlike before He never aimed to really wound, just to score enough points for a win, not anymore though. It's like someone extracted his essence, distilled it and only put the pure stuff back in.

What happened is no mystery though to anyone who went to KCHH, everyone knows. The class introvert, summoned up the courage to be witty against Alex and he slammed dunked her so hard she should have had a nose bleed. Alexander ran right after her when she fled, spent three hours repairing the damage. In Alex's eyes everyone has to grow up eventually and he decided that it was his time to do some growing, not even knowing how horrible he was before; to everyone here though Alex vowed that he would be the nicest person he could be.

The young speedsters eyes would shift up as Maxine spoke to him again

"Well, if you feel this overwhelming, wait until you go downstairs to the underground bunker and the space station in orbit. But don't worry, that's what Orientation is for. I'll cover everything then as well as a tour."

His eyebrow would raise at the mention of a space station and the redhead would look at his principle and huff a bit in humor. "Seriously? That's...pretty awesome actually."

Then he felt the shifting of air on his forearm and he turned to the kid he had spoken for when Maxine addressed them.

"Friends?"

Meeting someone new is a divine pleasure. Regardless of how things turn out, Alex loves the dance that begins. Mostly because in Key City he didn't have that many. The most important idea is to be able to get a true feeling for who they are over a few weeks and months without ever forming an opinion of them. You let them develop as a old polaroid photograph, nice and slow. Perhaps they are a life long friend, a lovable rouge or a person too damaged to give in an emotionally warm and nurturing way.

Alex didn't know.

Alex didn't care.

Alex's face shined with a genuine smile and he'd hold his hand out and grasp Francis' hand. "Friends."

Francis would point to himself and say his name, in which Alex would gasp slightly when he realized he hadn't introduced himself to either of them yet.

The Blazing haired speedster would brush som of his fiery locks out of his eyes and smile at them "I'm Alexander, Alexander West."

Then Maxine would address Alex once again and he'd look at her and nod once she told him his room number, then when she asked her final question Alexander would tilt his head slightly and smile a bit

"Any questions?"

"What do you suggest that I do after I finish unpacking, because it shouldn't take that long."

Because the only thing Alex carried with him was the yellow and red suit under his clothes, ready for use at any moment.

MaxineMaxima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_west: @francis_flinn (OOC: I goofed in my post. My bad. I edited it and fixed it where Maxine addressed Francis about his room number rather than Alex. Again, my mistake. Sorry. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up).

thomas_richards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maxinemaxima:

(Oh *LOL* Well what is Alex's room number then? Or should I room with Flinn, cause that could work.)

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers