Mark Tower (CVnU Business and Living Location)

• 112 results
#101 Posted by LamarTheSlayer (5601 posts) - - Show Bio
#102 Edited by Damon_Ford (293 posts) - - Show Bio

@pretty_kitty_

No Caption Provided

With a small, sharp cough to clear his throat to speak Ford looks over to the platinum woman taking a moment to acknowledge the enticing glimmer in the stranger's eyes, “I could only imagine” He spoke, his words ending as quick as they came, “Though, then again. He is the smartest man alive, he must’ve seen everything by now.” Damon set down the small glass of champagne he cradled in his left hand onto the bar as it was still full.

For a significant moment, Damon lifted his attention from Katarina and back to the crowd which seemed to be growing great by the minute. Taking one more second of the woman's time, Damon eventually snaps his utmost attention back to Katarina with a hawk-like grin, “No worries. I’m just here for the champagne” he joked, gesturing to the glass he had just set down, “I’m joking. I’m don’t actually know the man, I’ve just heard stories - as you have”

Before either of the two could speak to one another in reply, their attention - and mostly everyone else in the rooms - was snapped to the sight of nothing more than a teenage boy struggling to do something Damon at the time couldn’t place his finger on, “Katarina, beautiful name. Damon, Damon Ford.” Ford returned her name with his own, once again acknowledging her enticement with a small smile. “Well I haven’t gotten the actual time to check the place out much myself, so I guess we’ll look around together.”

Damon pushed off of the bar, standing before Katarina as he fixed his suit. “Shall we?” Damon offered his hand, as he held it palm up to Kat's gaze.

#104 Edited by Cutting_Edge (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

@orb-weaver: @chase_moone:

After witnessing how quickly the boy had accepted the orders to refill the drink, Arthur would smile at the level of eagerness to please the billionaire. It was made quite clear that his decision to help him made him over the moon with joy, but it was not a simple as it seemed. Mark still had no idea who this kid was and how much of what he was saying was true. Why would he show up at that night of all nights instead of just waiting and finding another opportunity when the genius wouldn't be quite so busy with his affairs. The dozens of questions floating through Arthur's mind would dissipate when his ears would catch something else from the lad. "Watch this."

THANK YOU SIR! YOU SAVED ME!

The shrieking of the young man would be accompanied by him abruptly giving the The Futurist a hug that had Arthur move his arms from his sides in surprise at the action, nearly falling over as a result. "Hey-" Before the billionaire could even finish a phrase, he would look around and notice multiple guests of his clapping and cheering at the display, garnering so much attention that the press would be all over it from outside of the foyer, taking dozens of pictures of the whole affair going on. The ever adaptive and calculative Arthur would of course role with the whole situation as if he were the one who planned it. Patting the boy on the back with a widened smile and false words. "It's going to be OK son, I won't abandon you."

Even thought it was clear that the boy misheard him when he said that tears weren’t good fro press, he would prove Arthur to be quite wrong about that notion with the reaction that it got. Seeing as how he had most of the room eating out of his hand, Arthur had no qualms about the situation. As he tried to subtly get the kid off his chest however, the boy would remove himself from the frame of the billionaire. Hopefully he without noticing how lanky Arthur had become underneath his tuxedo, courtesy of his time in space. Looking back down at him again, he would smile as the young man would quickly go to carry out the orders of the genius.

As he did however, Arthur would once again think about the logistics behind the entire situation and how consider the most viable explanations as for the true reason why this kid was here. Knowing how many adversaries he had made over the years, known and unknown, it was more than likely that this was all a ploy have a seemingly innocent boy (if he even was one) break into the grand opening of his new building and acquire any number of things. The boy was clearly a good actor based on the little show that he put on for the press, and the fact that he had managed to get past the security that he had in place suggested notably impressive skill to say the least. Just then, he would feel his personalized phone notify him.

Reginald_Quinn8:

</Something's up. I think you need to run MAT's facial recognition program on everyone and cross-reference that with your guest's list. It may be nothing.>

And that he did.

Arthur Mark:

[Got it.]

And having more than enough reason to suspect what he was saying was false, Arthur would discretely pull up his sleeve and have his watch run a numerous bio readings on the kid. An invisible high frequency wavelength would be projected in his direction and map of the boy's physiology. Only a few seconds of scanning would pass before Arthur saw the bottle thrown at the boy, causing him to roll up his sleeve and resume his previous position. After the kid made it back, he would take the glass and attempt to lay his arm on the kid's shoulder after having a sip. "Listen, you seem like a nice kid. Tell you what, after the party, me in the elevator and we can talk about your problem." With that, Arthur would begin walking off, glancing at his watch while doing so.

#105 Posted by Mister_Surreal (12189 posts) - - Show Bio
#106 Posted by Pretty_Kitty_ (276 posts) - - Show Bio

@damon_ford:

Kitty could do nothing more than extend her hand into Damon Ford's grasp as the other grasped another glass of champaigne. Her smile was mischievous, her gaze flirtatious, but the Spider had presented an unexpected surprise. Surprises was something she did not want, especially after her long trek from Seattle.

Kitty would walk smoothly side by side with Damon as she continued their interaction. Her eyes would quickly scan those that passed her as her mind would try to triage the frenetic chatter within the room.

Are you from New York, Damon? Kitty asked. I always found the lights and glam so alluring. I could see how people get lost with its glitz and glamour.

(didn't know if we were still doing this thus the shortness)

@cutting_edge: @chase_moone:

#107 Posted by Chase_Moone (455 posts) - - Show Bio
#108 Posted by Red_Jay (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn’t even realize it stopped, I’m still game though.

#109 Posted by Chase_Moone (455 posts) - - Show Bio
@red_jay said:

I didn’t even realize it stopped, I’m still game though.

Honestly though...

#110 Posted by Elegido (9 posts) - - Show Bio
#111 Posted by Mister_Surreal (12189 posts) - - Show Bio

@elegido: Yeah, I just wondered why people stopped posting. You can continue with Ozzy if he is still in, and I can work something out with Lamar or Orb-Weaver.

#112 Posted by Elegido (9 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for ozzy_manueldiaz
#113 Posted by Ozzy_ManuelDiaz (988 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: Well the time frame does fit with my medical issues on different fronts

#114 Posted by Mister_Surreal (12189 posts) - - Show Bio
#115 Posted by Pretty_Kitty_ (276 posts) - - Show Bio
#116 Posted by Red_Jay (2664 posts) - - Show Bio