Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kai_Aurelius
No Caption Provided

Mare Del Forte

Overview:

Mare Del Forte (Roughly translated to Sea Of The Strong) lies miles beneath the surface of the Mediterranean Sea. After being ruled by greedy a line of emperors since before the mesopotamian era, Kai Aurelius wrestled control from it's previous dictator and has since transformed it into a peaceful utopia. An invisible dome surrounds the region that enables those who cannot survive without oxygen or other gases to breath within the countries parameters.

Economy:

Having only recently made it's presence known globally, Mare Del Forte has yet to garner a reputation amidst land countries. It is however, an economic superpower among smaller under-sea city states, providing a main source of crystal known as Manaite which is capable of storing magical energy and releasing it on command, a mineral crucial in powering many arcane cities inhabiting the deep blue.

Inhabitants:

Mare Del Forte is a melting pot of sorts in that hundreds of different species of beings call it home. Normal marine animals, bipedal sea beings, mermaids, and everything in between all call this place home. Due to its magical ties and properties, even regular under sea fauna have undergone extremely rapid evolution, causing many specimen to gain new physical traits and the ability to communicate pseudo-telepathically via projecting their thoughts in waves. Studies suggest that spending more than a day here will lead to enough arcane exposure to cause these mutations. 99% of all Humanoid resembling beings have an innate ability to use some sort of magic, it's this magical ability couples with the insane pressure they are routinely subjected to that leads to many also having much much higher physical capability than humans.

Despite these seemingly beneficial mutations, there have been documented harmful mutations, though these are incredibly rare and the being typically dies or is killed before medical treatment can be given, and most peculiarly, those who gain " harmful" mutations are usually rendered sterile.

Prison System

Luogo Di Riposo

Perhaps the central reason behind Mare Del Forte's reputation as extremely peaceful lies Luogo Di Riposo; Anyone caught in the act of extremely malicious or unlawful deeds are thrown into Luogo Di Riposo, garnering the name for its unusually low rate of released criminals compared to the massive amount of criminals found and detained; the prison itself situated at the outskirts of Mare Del Forte.

The thing that distinguishes this from most prisons is the fact its primary purpose is to reform. For the in-mates there is an entire team of coaches, mages and the like that will try their hardest to turn them over to a new light while they are paying for their deeds. Kai's goal is not to lock them away and throw away the key if at all possible, however atonement for their deeds is a must; to those he, the King, deems who deserve it, are subjected to regular beatings or mental anguish. While all levels subject their in-mates to similar fate, it gets more brutal the lower you get.

However if they cannot be reformed, and have proven unable to be compliant, they are sent to the second lowest level of the prison system, stretching miles down into the ground, where they are held there for life. The prison itself has a power dampening field, and erudite walls that absorb energy and adapt, making escape next to impossible.

However rarely, if a certain prisoner exhibits consistent traits deemed worthy, and the mind probe in which their brains are scanned for any malicious thoughts or intent left, they are released, though are albeit still watched very closely afterwards.

Culture

-Coming soon-

The Kings Court

Surface Islands And Transportation

No Caption Provided

Above the underwater country floats dozens of islands. The islands themselves aren't actually there, rather in a different dimension entirely. Stationed on them are hundreds of soldiers and in the case of an attack the islands can instantly reappear in the case of an attack. These sentries watch the surface and air space around Mare Del Forte and can relay information to the country through telepathy.

Below sit an equal number of islands, some inhabited by some of the more adventurous and curious Forteans that wish to observe life above water. There are also islands in which members of the Magus branch of army are stationed, and can teleport those who wish to visit the country safely into it. These teleportation islands are stationed just beyond the shore of most Mediterranean countries.

Places of interest/ Festivities

-Coming Soon

Stratós tis ischyrís; Army & Defenses

Rules & OOC

• Anyone can visit
  • Sell Defenses once I create them if you plan on attacking
  • Tell me before any major destruction
  • PM This account or @theflashfire/@nighthunder if you have ideas or plans for events involving this place
  • Unless you live here, I'd like you to

Avatar image for maximus_newcastle
Maximus_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fire of the sea right here. Kalli and Mare Del Forte should form an alliance @shanana

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Maximus_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana: idk what pm that was but hmu lol

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shanana
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kai_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kai_Aurelius
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kai_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kai_Aurelius

@shanana: And we eat neguhs :DDDDDDDDDD

LOL jk, but this'll be interesting.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Destroys it with underwater nukes*

Kai_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kai_Aurelius

@dreadpool10:

*no sells*

*no sells your no sell of my no sell and no sells that*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kai_aurelius: In other words, you just no selled and the no selled my inevitable no sell of your no sell and then no selled everything with the last no sell. Which means...

"BOOM!" - Tassi Pettis

Maximus_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MTH_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just imagining Mat trying to visit an underwater kingdom while dealing with wings

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kai_aurelius:

I never really imagined myself being anything more than just a bounty hunter, I mean I guess depending on who you ask, I’ve been a hero; but nothing that’d make little kids grow up and want to be me. Since I found Kalli I’ve been filled with a purpose to teach and educate my people about this land of enlightenment. The “First Sound Bender” that’s what they call me, thanks to the little bit of knowledge from many of the elders, My control of my powers have expanded far beyond anything I’ve ever achieved.

Flight, Shield Constructing, Sonic Speed; all things I was never able to do before, but I can do now. Maybe, just maybe had I learned all these things beforehand? I could’ve bested Ziccarra.

In a show of thanks for helping me develop my skills, I’ve agreed to take on the title as “Ambassador” to the outside world. Only nations Kalli see’s as equals will know of its location, and would mark the first step of reintegrating Kalli back into the world.

Which is why I’m here, on a small island in the middle of the Mediterranean at the entrance to Mare Del Forte. Needles to say Kalli’s text are far more advanced then anything I’ve seen on Earth, I didn’t even know this place exist before today. While I’m sort of tingling at the chance to glance upon this land, I’m not entirely sold on being allies with these people.

Not because it’s a white civilization, according to the elders, but because the interest of the two people don’t align. Kalli is protected by a Sun Veil, it’ll literally burn people as they tried to enter. This place here is in the middle of a fricken ocean; why would they need to be allies.

No Caption Provided

I suppose it’s not my job to think, rather to just do. I stand with two armed Kallians standing by my side, dressed in my “White Tiger” costume as an emissary. The two loyal soldiers of Mare gaze at me in confusion, but it quickly turns to aggression.

“Hold” I say holding my hand up to stop their threatening movements. “My name Ashley Emerald Mooreland, Ambassador of Kalli. I wish to speak with your leadership.” I say watching as the two communicate amongst themselves.

I can naturally translate what they’re saying, neither of them has ever heard of Kalli. Can’t fault them. One of them messages down below looking for approval to allow me in.

“I don’t imagine you guys have any water without salt in it?” I ask jokingly.

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reminds me. Good thing I have weapons that are very effective underwater as well as ideas for such weapons ^.^

Kai_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana:

<Sir, there seems to be a female human requesting to see you, and she does not appear to be heavily armed, shall I let her in?> The "words" reached the attention of Kai telepathically, whom sat loftily upon his throne. "Are they a family member?" The question was relayed to the guard whom gave Ashley a hard look for a second before replying back to his leader; <No sir. That'll be a no then?> The Italian Adonis rolled his shoulders back in a shrug; "Eh, Let her come anyway, send her to my personal chambers." A Del Fortean guard beckoned for Ashley to step forward, tapping the ground with his spear and and circle of light would envelope her before she would stand in the center of an illustrious royal chamber, colored primarily with cerulean blue.

Within moments Kai would stroll through the coral resembling door, shutting it behind him and sat opposite from where Ashley stood. Eyeing the Ambassador not with hostility, but curiosity, his tone was still curt; "What business do you have with me Ms...?"

Kai_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reminds me. Good thing I have weapons that are very effective underwater as well as ideas for such weapons ^.^

No Caption Provided

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kai_aurelius:

Information travels quickly here, in just a few short moments I was enveloped in a chasm, before standing in what I could only assume was some sort of conference room. The room was a beautiful cerulean blue; as I expected there were traditional aquatic adornments that fashioned the room in a way one would expect for a king. I turn to greet the King, normally I would never care to bow before a man—a white man at that, but because I’m technically the ambassador for another place, I play my role.

Bowing just slightly I offered my hand to shake, before answering his question. “Mooreland, Emerald Mooreland” I say choosing not to offer my first name because…well it’s plain. “I come to you as an Emissary from the Land of Kalli in hopes to secure some sort of alliance, and speak of trades” I say realizing all the hours I spent practicing those few lines actually paid off.

The kind was surprisingly cute, I mean for a white guy. But what I liked about him was his demeanor, you could tell he was in charge, but people respected him seemingly because he wasn’t all douchy about it.

Kai_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana:

An amiable smile stretched his lips before he spoke; "Pleased to make your acquaintance Emerald. I am Kai Aurelius, however you can address me as simply King...An alliance?" An expression of contemplation graced his countenance for a moment before he said plainly; "Certainly." He was eager to ally his nation with another, as in the Modern Day Poseidon's eyes; Allies were among the most important things to have. His neutral tone masked the excitement forming in his chest, but some of it managed to show as he spoke again; "I hope that our nations can be of mutual assistance to each other Ms. Mooreland, and thank you for extending your country's hand in brotherhood."

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kai_aurelius: You seriously want me to call you king. LOL a**hole

Kai_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kai_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Kai_Aurelius

@the_shogun@lichter@mourningsparrow

I stand on the shore, watching the horizon for signs that my new team-mates are arriving. "They should be here soon.." I note with a contemplative tone, stroking my (luxurious) beard as I do. I've already met one, the interesting man I met previously in Italy, but the others I am in the dark about. Supposedly, these are the people that will help me ensure the world's safety, so I am assured that they are like-minded, upstanding members of the world as I am. I can only hope we are successful in our endeavors as a team.

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kai_aurelius:

Castle Lichter

Klaus glanced up at the clock resting on his bedroom wall, adjusting one of his dark gloves as he did so. It was nearly time for the first meeting of what he considered to be his grandest achievement: the Consortium. Together, they would conquer any force that threatened humanity...but first, they'd need to become acquainted with one another. For their first meeting, the Undersea Liege of Mare del Fort had invited the group through Klaus, and he'd eagerly accepted. To see the enormous undersea kingdom had been quite an aspiration of his ever since he read tales of Atlantis in his childhood; Mare del Fort was in the Mediterranean, but it had clearly served as the inspiration for the sunken city of legend.

Pulling his mask over his face, Klaus sent a message to Kai via his communicator, informing him that he would arrive momentarily. After all, he would't want to surprise anyone.

Drawing his magnificent dagger from its sheath, he precisely manipulated the grip with his fingers, essentially squeezing a pattern into the handle that identified his requested coordinates. With that, he vanished.

Mare del Fort; the surface

Klaus emerged from the void just as he clicked the handle, soundlessly sliding into existence near the king. There was sand beneath his boots; he'd materialized, apparently, on one of Mare del Fort's famous floating islands.

"Greetings, Kai," he said in English, having decided that it would be the language through which they would converse. It seemed everyone knew English well enough, and until he could perfect his translators, they could certainly settle to use it.

Kai_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kai_Aurelius

@lichter:

Nice post as always :D

This meeting is going to be interesting lol

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for mourningsparrow
MourningSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MourningSparrow

@lichter: @kai_aurelius:

Sparrow arrived alone, His rings materializing behind two of his fellow masterminds. Arms crossed, he spoke not, his mind on her things. Something had told him not to bring his young apprentice, nor another member of the league.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: @mourningsparrow: @kai_aurelius:

Some time later Ivana arrived by her usual method of teleportation. She preferred to teleport to meetings such as this; although the long distance teleportation drained her mutant powers for a time it was also impossible to track her movements. The secrecy, she found, was worth it. These days her reputation alone deterred most would be assassins.

Removing her helm she tucked it under her left arm, simply watching the others in silence.

Avatar image for deactivated-57957359ec5d0
deactivated-57957359ec5d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kai_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: @the_shogun: @mourningsparrow:

"Ah hello!" I greet the familiar young man warmly. I turn to each of them offering a firm handshake, stopping briefly as I recognize the face of Ivana, someone whom was spotted at Greece during the battle. Whether she helped or opposed I cannot recall, but I heard a lot about this dangerous woman whom managed to take over Venezuela and create a paradise for mutants. Smiling, I turn to the guards; <Take us to my palace>

Kai motions for the group to stand near the guards, whom tap their staffs on the sand and soon, glowing white runes form beneath their feet and with a flash of light they would stand at the golden gates of a large palace. A beta fish swims past, waving to the Aquatic Apex as they do: "Hi King Kai!" The King waves back and presses his hand onto the gates, which glow faintly and opens. Swimming forward he smiles and motions for them to fallow into the massive palace, adorned with golden statues and columns. "You see, I like to rule with kindness, often I swim through the community greeting the citizens personally. I feel like it's common of rulers feel as though they have to do so with 'an iron fist' or with tyranny, building a kingdom based upon fear of their leader instead of reverence. "

As they enter the palace water ceases around them, and if they were to stare outside while in the palace, they would see the ocean seem to stop instead of flowing inside. Admist the hundreds of rooms belonging to the palace, Kai chose a primarily velvet colored room with a fireplace to lead them, Kai sits down upon one of the many large chairs, grabbing a cup of already prepared coffe. "I feel like this aesthetic suits the meeting best, yes?" Kai remarks with a chuckle and he invites the others to sit with a gesture.

MourningSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_shogun: @lichter: @kai_aurelius:

Sparrow observed the cabal Klaus had assembled. One seemed obvious, a woman who had assumed control of a country with a single masterstroke, a deadly fighter. Klaus himself, a prodigy, a plotter. Naive, perhaps. But brilliant and connected. Sparrow himself, whose feats needed no speaking of. But this... hero. This jovial, smiling man is muscle and morality. Not an ally. "I'd prefer my monastery, King Aurelius but Klaus brought all of us together, it feels fitting he chooses our meeting place. Now, to business. We are here to manipulate the world, with Klaus' connections, Ivana's military might, your political capital, and my legions of assassins. What do we burn first?"

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lichter

@the_shogun: @kai_aurelius: @mourningsparrow:

Silently admiring their underwater surroundings, Klaus was brought back to reality by the harsh tones of Sparrow's voice.

"Nobody's going to be burning anything for the time being, Raysh al-Shaytan," he said, leaning back in one of Kai's many chairs. "Our first priority is to establish our, shall we say, mission statement. I've called us together because the world is in dire condition, and it could benefit from a little moral philanthropy."

Reaching into his pocket, he produced a small metallic disk, which he slid into the middle of the table. Moments later, a three-dimensional political map of the Earth was projected into the air, spinning silently as Klaus continued to talk. Several segments of the globe, including Gothic City, Spain, and the Middle East, were colored bright red.

"I've taken the liberty of labeling the areas you see in red as cancer zones. They are common sites of human rights violations that occur in conjunction with extranormal activity. When it comes to relief programs and behind-the-scenes funding, it's paramount that we work towards revitalizing these areas."

He clicked another button, highlighting other regions in bright orange. Washington DC, New York City, Venezuela, England, Tokyo, and Beijing were among the cities that now pulsated with colorful circles.

"These are known as priority targets. Extranormal invasion, alien incursion, and metahuman war are often centered around these particular regions. However, given that they are all coastal cities, I have part of a solution."

He turned to Kai.

"I'd like you to station your soldiers thirteen nautical miles from these coasts, in order to prepare for the eventuality that is the next great urban crisis. These units will remain hidden beneath the waves one nautical mile from the territorial border of these nations. When the next extranormal conflict comes, we need an army to be ready for them. By my calculations, we're due any day now. Our priority, as always, is to minimize civilian casualties. This is the first step towards a humanity safe from extinction," he said, turning to the Shogun. Simultaneously, he clicked another button upon the remote in his hand.

The overlay changed into a picture of STRIKE's helicarrier, with newsreels from Director Tyrus' public statements playing, muted, in the bottom corners. He angled his head towards the Shogun.

"I was lead to believe that you and the Director of STRIKE have talked recently. Do you have any information, Ivana, that would prove of use to us?" he inquired.

MourningSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It strikes me now that Sparrow is a red in all but name, morality-wise. Klaus is a blue, Kai is a blue, Ivana is a grey. He's gonna be acting evil around all of you lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It strikes me now that Sparrow is a red in all but name, morality-wise. Klaus is a blue, Kai is a blue, Ivana is a grey. He's gonna be acting evil around all of you lol

I'd say Kai is pretty grey himself, lol.

MourningSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10: Maybe. But still, Klaus had good intentions, Sparrow not so much lol

Avatar image for leonardo_liafador
Leonardo_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MourningSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: @mourningsparrow: @kai_aurelius:

Doubts begin to mount almost immediately. <Fish guy is even dumber than I thought.> She thought, as she found his idea of leadership simplistic and childish. <It doesn't matter how nice of a guy you are if the GDP tanks and unemployment skyrockets.> But no matter. Those were his problems.

Or at least they had been. Now she was shackled to him by the common bonds of membership in this consortium. Bonds she immediately begin to question as Lichter laid out his plan for a defense of the world. <Response time isn't the problem. And he exposes fish guy to defeat in detail. Very bad plan.> She thought, but did not say.

<Perhaps. Or perhaps is not bad plan. Perhaps Lichter wish to see his kingdom weakened. Perhaps Lichter 'set him up' for defeat, for purpose of his own.> The Shogun resolved to be wary of such traps in her own dealings with Lichter and the Consortium.

Her first impressions hidden behind her stoic Russian mask she addressed Lichter's question.

"No. STRIKE conern with alien invader, but details few. 'Time Siphon' capability unknown, motivation unknown, culture and worldview unknown."

A shrug. "Same go for timeline. So. STRIKE worry for alien invasion, but not give me enough intel. Maybe they not trust, maybe they not have. Result, it is the same."

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

Damn this is really sweet. Might come pay a visit soon

Duh duh duuuuun

MourningSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kai_aurelius: @lichter: @the_shogun:

Sparrow's doubts rose. Skyrocketed. He furrowed his brow, but his mask still hid his face, and if any consternation would show on a normal man, in deed or appearsnce, it was not visible on him. Klaus was perhaps less aligned with his ideals than had been apparent when they had discussed the situation of the League twice. He would continue along as he had planned, however, if only to manipulate the conspiracy for his own ends. Perhaps Ivana would be party to a smaller alliance, should the Lichter Legacy become a liability. Aurelius already was. "I'm sure you have a plan for me as well, and I'd be glad to hear and obey, should it promote my agenda as well. But before we continue, I have a few small requests to make. To remain in secret, we should move location from meeting to meeting, and I would like to suggest your home next. You have not been there in a while, if I am not mistaken, and as a show of faith the location of your fallback would be appreciated. You know where we are, you must reciprocate. Also. I have taken on an apprentice, recently, who has a unique ability. I would bring her to our meetings, and perhaps our battles, should e become embroiled in one, to utilize her power. We have a very talented fighter in this group, and if Ivana would consent to have her combat skills copied by a Leaguer, I would have her use them."

Kai_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: @the_shogun: @mourningsparrow:

“Hm.”

The Shaytans statement nearly drew the king to his feet in anger, Kai rolling his eyes and leaned forward pensively, rubbing his chin, turning his mind back to the matters at hand.

“Depending on the size of the troops this could stretch my army very thin and leave my kingdom open to attack...” For a moment he remains staring at the ground contemplatively and then sits back with a snap of his fingers.

“I’ve an idea that can assure these areas are safe and leave my own country safe. “

“I’ve a branch of army that has extremely honed magical skill. Some of the more skilled members are capable of teleporting great distances. As my kingdom inhabits the shore to these countries, covering Spain and the Middle East will not cost my army much. As for the rest, I can create different groups, each with a Magus on their team, to mobilize and get to these areas instantly. “

Kai raised a brow at the Shaytans second statement:

“I’d much rather not. I’m extremely fond of young ones however; I believe all of this should remain between us four. Nor do I think Ivana would let someone copy her fighting ability.”

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ohhh the fearsome four, the consortium, out to stop the world's vices. But the threat they should be focused on - Mare Del Forte's outrageous prices!

Kai_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ohhh the fearsome four, the consortium, out to stop the world's vices. But the threat they should be focused on - Mare Del Forte's outrageous prices!

OUTRAGEOUS

Our outrageous,kingdom of maximum outrageousness,is outrageouslylow in outrageous,prices!

MourningSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm extremely fond of young ones

hashtag Kai Aurelieus aqua-pedo

AquariusM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points