#151 Edited by Sylver (1606 posts) - - Show Bio

They're all just so damn...human.

No Caption Provided

Blair was talking now, but Sylver could barely focus. The room felt like a caffeine high. At least, what she imagined one would feel like. The cybernetic enhancements to her body prevented her from experiencing biological highs or lows. But the equal tension and rawness flowing through the room’s inhabitants made Sylver’s skin buzz.

Blair was perky as ever, bright outfit and infectious smile clashing with the severity of her friends’ outfits and faces. Sylver pushed her own silver hair back, just needing something to do with her hands. The woman called Nova…when she walked in the room earlier, moods shifted. She looked tired—no, not tired…worn. Sylver’s ice-blue eyes softened. She could sympathize. That look…it came from something lodged in deep, like a mental splinter; it came from being afraid of what was under your own skin. Even as she considered this, Sylver’s enhanced nervous system forced her heart rate to a calm, balanced level, staving off the jitters she got when reflecting on her past. Sylver crossed her arms involuntarily; she wasn’t sure if she felt better about sympathizing with that kind of situation or nervous that there were two people living with ghosts on this team.

I shouldn’t be here… Sylver stared down at her black, combat boots. No matter what they’d done or who they’d been, everyone here had been a hero or was trying to be one. Coward. That angry voice in her head echoed. It wasn’t wrong. Sylver was just running. She was always running. Running from Nyte, the organization who made her—or broken her…either or; running from what they’d made her do; running…from situations like this, where she was on the brink of lying to herself, making false promises that she deserved to find her niche, her people, and belong. These people wanted to be good, or to honor someone, or to just freaking fix the world. Sylver just wanted to sit in a room and not feel like a virus, hiding amongst healthy bodies. Her whole life, people had just been targets to mark off, jobs to do; for the last ten years, she’d been on the run, putting on a mask, faking it. And now she was here, in a room of people who wanted to know why she wanted to save the world.

But she didn’t. She didn’t know what she wanted.

Sylver nearly jumped when Blair grasped her in a tight hug. “You are going to do amazing up there. Trust me! Go do your thing!" She said sweetly, before sliding into her seat.

Silence. All eyes on her. Well sh1t. Here we go…

Sylver got up and made the seemingly mile-long march to the ring case. She picked the one with her name and balanced it between her pointer and index fingers. She’d probably been quiet longer than she should have, but now that the ring was in her hand, its weight…she looked up, started speaking, and took off the mask of fear she’d worn for so long.

“Ya know…this ring, this place…all of you. I wasn’t even sure what I was doing here till just now. I know Blair wanted me to be here, and I wanted to be here because it made her happy. But I didn’t know why it scared me so damn bad.”

She slid the ring on her finger and felt herself stand a little taller.

“My name is Sylver. I named myself that after a random singer I heard in a bar the night I escaped. I was Number 13, Project Vampire. I was created by the organization Nyte to be a perfect weapon, a fusion of biological engineering and cybernetics. And I am…a cyborg. Most of me is…” Sylver paused. She’d never been so honest with strangers, even if she did sound like a teleprompter. “The thing is…this ring, this team, scared the mess out of me because I’ve never had to choose my own life and be ready to accept the consequences. Until ten years ago, I did whatever I was told. What I did was who I was. I killed and sold secrets and destroyed lives…I’ve helped rewrite probably most of the history you’ve all grown up with. That’s what Nyte was about—rewriting world power for the highest bidder. And for the last ten years…I’ve just been hiding. I’ve been pretending to be a thousand people, because I’m good at that.”

Sylver looked around the room, and her eyes fell on Blair. “I’m not very good at being human, or even being a hero for that matter. But my life is my own now, and I want to figure out what that means. I want to use what I’m good at to give other people the chance to choose their own lives. And you’ve all given me a great place to start, so…thanks.”

The walk back to her seat was much faster, much lighter. She sat and briefly squeezed Blair’s hand. Sylver whispered, “Thank you.”

#152 Posted by Last_Guardian (32162 posts) - - Show Bio

@sylver: (Beautiful post. Love Sylver's story and your writing makes it very easy to just be absorbed by it. So glad to have you on board!)

#153 Posted by Sylver (1606 posts) - - Show Bio

@last_guardian: (thank you! I've missed writing on here with all you awesome folks ;) can't wait to read/write more! )

Avatar image for selene_liafador
#154 Posted by Selene_Liafador (483 posts) - - Show Bio
I'm here...
I'm here...

#155 Posted by Shanana (60339 posts) - - Show Bio
#156 Posted by Feral Nova (58102 posts) - - Show Bio
#157 Posted by Last_Guardian (32162 posts) - - Show Bio
#158 Posted by Selene_Liafador (483 posts) - - Show Bio
#159 Posted by Selene_Liafador (483 posts) - - Show Bio

@sylver said:

They're all just so damn...human.

No Caption Provided

Blair was talking now, but Sylver could barely focus. The room felt like a caffeine high. At least, what she imagined one would feel like. The cybernetic enhancements to her body prevented her from experiencing biological highs or lows. But the equal tension and rawness flowing through the room’s inhabitants made Sylver’s skin buzz.

Blair was perky as ever, bright outfit and infectious smile clashing with the severity of her friends’ outfits and faces. Sylver pushed her own silver hair back, just needing something to do with her hands. The woman called Nova…when she walked in the room earlier, moods shifted. She looked tired—no, not tired…worn. Sylver’s ice-blue eyes softened. She could sympathize. That look…it came from something lodged in deep, like a mental splinter; it came from being afraid of what was under your own skin. Even as she considered this, Sylver’s enhanced nervous system forced her heart rate to a calm, balanced level, staving off the jitters she got when reflecting on her past. Sylver crossed her arms involuntarily; she wasn’t sure if she felt better about sympathizing with that kind of situation or nervous that there were two people living with ghosts on this team.

I shouldn’t be here… Sylver stared down at her black, combat boots. No matter what they’d done or who they’d been, everyone here had been a hero or was trying to be one. Coward. That angry voice in her head echoed. It wasn’t wrong. Sylver was just running. She was always running. Running from Nyte, the organization who made her—or broken her…either or; running from what they’d made her do; running…from situations like this, where she was on the brink of lying to herself, making false promises that she deserved to find her niche, her people, and belong. These people wanted to be good, or to honor someone, or to just freaking fix the world. Sylver just wanted to sit in a room and not feel like a virus, hiding amongst healthy bodies. Her whole life, people had just been targets to mark off, jobs to do; for the last ten years, she’d been on the run, putting on a mask, faking it. And now she was here, in a room of people who wanted to know why she wanted to save the world.

But she didn’t. She didn’t know what she wanted.

Sylver nearly jumped when Blair grasped her in a tight hug. “You are going to do amazing up there. Trust me! Go do your thing!" She said sweetly, before sliding into her seat.

Silence. All eyes on her. Well sh1t. Here we go…

Sylver got up and made the seemingly mile-long march to the ring case. She picked the one with her name and balanced it between her pointer and index fingers. She’d probably been quiet longer than she should have, but now that the ring was in her hand, its weight…she looked up, started speaking, and took off the mask of fear she’d worn for so long.

“Ya know…this ring, this place…all of you. I wasn’t even sure what I was doing here till just now. I know Blair wanted me to be here, and I wanted to be here because it made her happy. But I didn’t know why it scared me so damn bad.”

She slid the ring on her finger and felt herself stand a little taller.

“My name is Sylver. I named myself that after a random singer I heard in a bar the night I escaped. I was Number 13, Project Vampire. I was created by the organization Nyte to be a perfect weapon, a fusion of biological engineering and cybernetics. And I am…a cyborg. Most of me is…” Sylver paused. She’d never been so honest with strangers, even if she did sound like a teleprompter. “The thing is…this ring, this team, scared the mess out of me because I’ve never had to choose my own life and be ready to accept the consequences. Until ten years ago, I did whatever I was told. What I did was who I was. I killed and sold secrets and destroyed lives…I’ve helped rewrite probably most of the history you’ve all grown up with. That’s what Nyte was about—rewriting world power for the highest bidder. And for the last ten years…I’ve just been hiding. I’ve been pretending to be a thousand people, because I’m good at that.”

Sylver looked around the room, and her eyes fell on Blair. “I’m not very good at being human, or even being a hero for that matter. But my life is my own now, and I want to figure out what that means. I want to use what I’m good at to give other people the chance to choose their own lives. And you’ve all given me a great place to start, so…thanks.”

The walk back to her seat was much faster, much lighter. She sat and briefly squeezed Blair’s hand. Sylver whispered, “Thank you.”

This is some amazing writing.

#160 Posted by Sylver (1606 posts) - - Show Bio
#161 Posted by CellphoneGirl (19119 posts) - - Show Bio
#162 Posted by Izaiah (6295 posts) - - Show Bio

/Continuation of.../

It was as though his cousin shuddered at the revelation. Eyeing him and mockingly hitting him on the shoulder, Blair said "You owe me a trip to your ancestor's homeworld."

Taking her literally, Alex started... Well...Cynrath itself is kinda in ruins. From what I hear. Naqarnuh though? Or Sulumac? Those might be doable. I did like what little I saw of Naqarnuh when I was there not long ago." In the back of his mind, a small part was disappointed at how the conversation was derailed, but nevertheless, there'd be some other time to explain more and in greater detail.

Turning around, Blair noticed the two glass forms leaning against the wall, both about twice the height of an average human, with colored tiles of crystal arranged in mosaic patterns. Both were started on, neither finished. "What are those for?"

The first of the forms, while incomplete, had the recognizable image of a woman in violet, wielding a scythe. The second form had only a few black and red tiles filled in, not nearly enough to indicate the subject.

...Oh. Alex frowned a little, albeit not in anger. Those weren't actually supposed to be seen yet. But, well, dedicated to absent friends. I think you met Angelic Reaper, and Lillya Wildchild when you lived with us at WAL.

Izaiah recited a code in his mind, tugging at a specific effect he had exercised his power into. The already dim light in the room grew darker still, except around the mosaic forms, which became brighter. Where there were empty spaces on the forms, bright tiles shimmered into view, completing the images.

The first image, of Angelic Reaper, cloaked in violet and holding a scythe. One side, a summer landscape in daylight and the sun; the other side, a desert at night with a crescent moon. The second image, Lillyana Wildchild, was that of a huntress in red and black, emerald eyes and with the ears slightly pointed, with a forest and waterfall as backdrop. It had been difficult to visualize, but he had put a lot of effort into capturing the essence and memories of the people the finished pieces were meant to represent.

I regret to say, I didn't really know them as well as I should have. Angelic Reaper...she, from what she said, had two beings within, struggling for control. The angel Orifiel and the ArchDevil. She fought, kept the evil in control for as long as she could. Even to enemies, she would bow, thinking even they deserved some courtesy.

Lillyana...even more of a mystery. I think she once alluded to being of Elven origin. Don't know if she was kidding, I can believe it though. She always had this compassion for everyone...I admired her for that, a lot. She--

Cutting him off, Last Guardian's telepathic announcement echoed in their minds. <"To everyone currently on Luna Island, please meet me in the Situation Room in fifteen minutes. Third floor. Largest room. It's hard to miss.">

"LG! What is he doing on Luna Island!? I wonder what his grand announcement is?" Blair asked, motioning to her cousin to follow. In her - much relatable - excitement about seeing an old friend, she seemed to have gotten ahead of herself, pausing in the hallway. "Um...Where is the situation room even at in Titans tower? Are there more buildings now?"

Uh...no. It's the same building. I'll show the way. Before turning around to leave, he glanced at the projections of the mosaics that his power kept visible. Releasing his mental grip of the sustained effect, the ambient lights of the room - however dim - brightened to regular levels. The mosaic hologram shimmered out of view, leaving the real works in progress behind.

The WAR Room

Izaiah had some mixed feelings about this meeting, and he knew he wasn't alone. On the good side, there was the sight of old friends, and the hearing of Jacob's speech, and learning about one's teammates, but there clearly was some tension in-between some of these people...and he was unsure what to make of it. Additionally, the feeling that he was being distracted from his work was nagging at him, as though it wanted to distract him from fully listening to what his teammates had to say.

Seemingly the last one left, he glanced around, before standing up from his chair. Naturally, an anxiety over public speaking tugged at the back of his mind - he tried his best to ignore it, and avoid overthinking things, while approaching the podium and lifting the ring with his insignia from its case. In spite of himself, Izaiah wondered just how much he should tell, how much info he should let some of these strangers know, and wondering just how vulnerable that'd make him.

My name is Alex Drake. Five years ago...well, more than that, even. I've been able to teleport since I was a kid, but couldn't really control the direction well at first, so I kept it hidden. Wanted nothing to do with it. But then...five years ago. I was fifteen, I time traveled. Didn't even know I could. The Eighteenth Dynasty of Egypt. This...clan, the Nitaurim, the beings that were remembered as the Egyptian Gods, they strengthened my power, in the Rite of Illumination.

He decided to carefully omit the detail about the Nitaurim, like himself, were Cynrathian. Knowledge of their alien heritage wasn't necessary for everyone to know at this moment.

At the time I felt like, I had to do something, not just be a bystander with all the power I had. So I fought in their war, against the tyrant Aton. In the end though, I made a mistake. Even several years later, it was hard to actually say the words, to own up to this kind of error. Until now, only ones on Earth he'd told about this were his parents and sister. I sensed just how much death and suffering Aton had brought upon everyone...and I was furious. I killed Aton because of it...and I regretted it immediately. I came to the realization that, even in the event that he deserved it, it wasn't up to me, not my call to make. I'd known there were other ways to bring him to justice. And when I managed to get back to the present...I guess, I decided that even though I'd made an error of that magnitude, I shouldn't just sit on all this power and not do anything with it! I'm in a position to help people, make the world a more tolerable place, and that's exactly what I mean to do. And that's why I'm here.

#163 Edited by Last_Guardian (32162 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna wrap this up with a post mañana. If anyone would like to post again for whatever reason, just try and get that in tonight.

#164 Posted by Feral Nova (58102 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! Wando post ❤️ Awesome post Wando! ^_^

#165 Posted by Vandraren (762 posts) - - Show Bio
#166 Edited by Last_Guardian (32162 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

“Thank you, all of you. I think that we’ve learned a lot about each other today. Every one of us has had our struggles in life. Each of us has suffered, but I believe that when it comes to WAL, the whole is greater than the sum of its part. We’re strong together, and we'll fight together through anything that life throws our way."

I take a deep breath, letting the silence take a hold of the room once more before finally exhaling, my expression changing from one of intense introspection into one of readiness. Pressing a button on my wrist, I look out into the team as the lights in the room dim slightly and a super-thin flat screen monitor drops down from a small opening in the ceiling.

"Now that we're all better acquainted, I'd like to welcome you to the first official mission briefing of the new We Are Legend." Despite my efforts at maintaining a stoic demeanor, the tone of my voice betrays my exhilaration at the thought of once again going into battle with the team I grew to love so long ago.

"Over a year ago, the world was introduced to the Necodexa Virus. Thanks to a crazed Ziccarra Liafador, this virus was released into Emerald City where it decimated the vast majority of the population, turning the citizens into mindless creatures whose sole purpose is to feed and ensure their strain's survival."

"While the media bombards us with news of Iceland, Venezuela, and Gothic City, the plight of La Ciudad Esmeralda and its citizens has largely gone ignored. Although refugee camps have been established by Ms. Gwen Lopez and her Emerald City Project (ECP), who we will be working with on this mission, there’s been a surge of new infection cases in the past two months, coinciding with the departure of Feral Nova from the city. I have reason to believe that this is no coincidence. Something, someone is causing this new spike."

GeNext

No Caption Provided

With a flick of my finger the image on the television changes from the now-familiar WAL insignia to a picture of a gigantic green humanoid figure in the midst of an attack on a military vehicle.

"A few months ago, a metahuman called the Freak went on a rampage in the outskirts of Las Vegas, Nevada until he was stopped by a metahuman response team called The Force. This team's ensuing investigation into the creature's origin led them to the secret underground laboratory complex that had been run by a shadowy organization called GeNext. It appears, from the few documents that the team was able to salvage from the trashed hard drives, that GeNext's aim was to create an army of unstoppable living weapons. The Freak was only the first of many to come."

"What GeNext failed to account for in making the Freak was the fact that inside the monster was a man named Greg Harris, an unwilling human test subject that fought their control with everything he had, leading to their eventual downfall. After their immense failure in Las Vegas, the organization regrouped and have now set their sights on Emerald City, because where we see a crisis, they see an opportunity."

"Individuals infected with the Necodexa virus lose their ability to discern right from wrong. In addition, as shown by Feral Nova, large hordes of these walkers can be easily manipulated by introducing new strains into their systems. GeNext hopes that by introducing a modified version of their Freak formula into the Necodexa-infected populace, they can finally create the army of superhumans that they've always wanted, an army that will follow their every command."

"Since Nova's departure, GeNext has been working tirelessly in Emerald City, taking control of most of the city's crumbling infrastructure with their army of mercenaries. GeNext scientist administer their Freak Formula twice daily through the air, using a unique distribution system that turns the formula into a mist and scatters it throughout the city. Already, the infected have begun to show the effects of the formula. According to field reports from ECP scientists, the infected have begun to gain muscle mass, seem much stronger, faster, and even more aggressive than before. These bastards are very close to having the army they've always wanted. It's up to us to stop them."

The Mission

"There's a lot of moving parts to this mission and so much can go terribly wrong. Because of this, I’ve split the team up into three squads, each focusing on completing their own objectives. Together, these three squads will coordinate towards a common endgame. We will save Emerald City."

Salvation
Salvation

"First up, we have Team Salvation." An image of an icy blue bird flashes on the screen, filling the room with a wintry azure glow.

"This team will consist of @cellphonegirl, @meison_calidus, and @thunderbolt."

"According to ECP's intelligence reports, the majority of the remaining uninfected population has managed to build something of a community inside what was formerly a high-security prison in Upper Emerald City. They call this place 'El Oasis,' and although that does sound very nice, there's one big problem. This camp has come under the control of none other than Armando and Rene Valencia aka 'Skull and Bones,' numbers seven through eight on Interpol's most wanted list."

"How and why they got here is a mystery, but what we do know is that the two brothers and their gangs refuse to allow any of Ms. Lopez' rescue helicopters to land anywhere near the prison to evacuate the survivors."

"Your job, Salvation, is to fight your way through the horde of infected leading up to the camp and then take El Oasis, either by force or through more subtle means. Once in control of the refugee camp, you will signal the ECP to land their choppers and start loading the survivors for transport. Your mission is over once every survivor in El Oasis is safely out of the city, bonus points if you manage catch the brothers."

Justice
Justice

"The Second Squad is Team Justice. @zaniel, @sylver, congrats you’re with me," I smirk as the the room is becomes awash in a yellow flickering light radiating from the image of the sparking thunderbird on the screen.

"Our job is to make sure that this mission isn’t a temporary fix but a permanent solution to the GeNext problem."

"Intel suggests that the shadowy organization may be run by a man named Vasyl Kapeniak. When I first started investigating GeNext, I thought the man known as 'The Anomaly' in superhero circles was an urban legend. Now, unfortunately, I know that at least some of the stories are true."

"Kapeniak was a prodigy in the field of genetics. In his teenage years, he began dabbling in superhuman genetics. Somewhere down the line, he found out how to isolate, extract, and even transplant X-genes. Throughout the years he has stolen the X-genes of several young mutants, leaving a trail of bones in his wake. There are conflicting reports on what his exact powerset is at the moment, but in any event it’s clear that this man is dangerous and generally a very, very bad dude. He must be brought to justice."

"That..won’t exactly be easy. Kapeniak’s base of operations is at the center of a mobile military command base built over the ruins of what used to be the Amnesia Nightclub Strip. This sprawling base is crawling with highly trained mercenaries, each outfitted with heavy artillery and the latest anti-superhuman tech. Once we manage to either bypass or fight through this army, we must find Kapeniak’s quarters, seize any samples of the formula he may have with him, and bring him down, by any means necessary."

Hope
Hope

Like clockwork, the screen flashes from yellow to red as the thunderbird gives way to a phoenix.

"This group's mission is quite possibly the most important one. @feral_nova, @izaiah, and @catalina_liafador you three form Team Hope." My gaze again falls on Zoe for a brief moment before looking back at Catalina Liafador. The tension between them is palpable but they'll have to learn to work together on this one.

"Before escaping Los Angeles, our own Zoe Olisnicky was cured of the Necodexa virus in her bloodstream. With Dr. Hope's help, we’ve been able to synthesize what we think is permanent cure, applicable to all strains of the Necodexa, in every victim."

"Your objective, Team Hope, is to make your way through the maze-like Emerald City underground tunnels and reach GeNext’s air distribution center. There you will replace the Freak Formula that they've been administering twice daily, with this antidote."

"Unfortunately, my contacts in Emerald City don't have very much concrete information on the tunnels leading to the distribution center. Most of what I'm about to say is hearsay, but should be taken into consideration all the same. I've found that when it comes to GeNext, even the most horrific stories have some measure of truth to them."

"According to rumors, the tunnels underneath Emerald City used to be the home to several criminal enterprises. When Kapeniak came to town, he felt that he had to eliminate these rivals before taking full control of the city. GeNext took some of their...more unwieldy experiments and released them into the tunnel system. As the story goes, the abominations made quick work of the underground kingpins, drenching the tunnels in a bloodbath that rivals the city above. The underground now belongs to these monsters who feed on any poor soul who might wander in to their domain."

"I...don't know how much of this is true, but it's your job to make your way through the labyrinth, defeat any of these creatures along the way, and disperse the cure."

The lights in the room return to their original brightness as the monitor slides back into the ceiling.

"I know none of this sounds easy. It's not very glamorous for a first mission, might not even get any media attention if that sorta thing matters to you. But if this goes according to plan, we’ll save hundreds of thousands of lives, restore an entire city that had been wiped from the face of the Earth, and bring down some really, really bad guys. You're here because you wanted to make a difference? This is how We Are Legend makes a difference."

"We head out in forty eight hours. For now, I heard there's some really good pizza in the common room. Eat, rest. You're home now."

#167 Posted by Last_Guardian (32162 posts) - - Show Bio

Not very fancy but it does its job. I'll have the OOC up later today or tomorrow.

No Caption Provided

#168 Posted by CellphoneGirl (19119 posts) - - Show Bio
READY
READY

#169 Posted by Shanana (60339 posts) - - Show Bio

Yaaas

#170 Posted by Feral Nova (58102 posts) - - Show Bio
To Emerald City!
To Emerald City!

Avatar image for catalina_liafador
#171 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1673 posts) - - Show Bio
To Emerald City
To Emerald City

#172 Posted by Joe_Locke (775 posts) - - Show Bio
To Em-...,To Emerald City!
To Em-...,To Emerald City!

Avatar image for tassiana_pettis
#173 Posted by Tassiana_Pettis (787 posts) - - Show Bio

The little Pettis began to wonder around the WAL HQ with Star right next to her. The two finally being able to explore while the team was away. She did miss Cat... even when she would scrunch her nose when she was mad. Wearing her dads' cape that was obviously waaaaaaay to big for her tiny body she also sported Cat's necklace that hung all the way down to her stomach. In her right hand was a Thee Champion lunch pail that she begged Cat to her. Inside? Dog food and treats filled to the point she had to sit on it in order to close it.

But something was weighing on the young toddler. "Cat come back, Star?" She asked her little brother who simply gave a light huff of a bark. "Yeah... Cat come back." She nod to herself, her little hand grasping the necklace.

Walking into the kitchen she could see Mister French standing by the oven, pulling out what looked to be a tray of cookies! Tassi gasped as Star began licking his chomps, the duo running over as Mr. French caught sight of the two.

"There you are Miss Tassi, Mister Star." he gave her a warm smile, putting the tray on the counter. "Would you two like some cookies?"

"Si pease!" Tassi jumped up and down while Star jumped on his hindlegs, giving a pleading yelp.

"Good, cause I made some that both you and Star can enjoy together." Walking over to the other side of the counter he grabbed a small plate of peanut butter cookies, puppy friendly treats for the two that he made not too long ago. Turning to the two he crouched down and held the plate out to the duo and Tassi's eyes widen. Grabbing a cookie she shoved one in her mouth as she handed one out to Star who quickly devoured it in a couple of bites. Crouching down she opened her lunch pail as she began grasping the cookies and started shoving them inside until nothing but crumbs were left on the plate.

"Tank you!" she thanked Mr. French before walking off, struggling to pick up her Thee Champion lunch pail for a moment before walking off.

"Star, let go outside!" she smiled at her white furred brother who nod his head at her, giving a huff of excitement. Cat didn't let her go outside, but now that she was gone for a little bit, Tassi and Star could go on an adventure!

#174 Posted by Shanana (60339 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh god

#175 Posted by Feral Nova (58102 posts) - - Show Bio
#176 Posted by Shanana (60339 posts) - - Show Bio
#177 Posted by Feral Nova (58102 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for ziccarra_liafador
#178 Posted by Ziccarra_Liafador (802 posts) - - Show Bio
#179 Posted by Feral Nova (58102 posts) - - Show Bio

@ziccarra_liafador: o_________o;

EVERYBODY PANIC!!! >____>

I wish I could post gifs right now lol

#180 Posted by CellphoneGirl (19119 posts) - - Show Bio

Tassi is so adorable!!!!! <3

#181 Posted by Ziccarra_Liafador (802 posts) - - Show Bio

@tassania_pettis:

It is hidden
It is hidden

The time had finally come, after a fated meeting with her former husband and current fiance, Alexis Pettis; Ziccarra was poised to meet with her youngest daughter. Shortly after her involvement in Iceland, she learned that Catalina managed to secure Tassi from Zeon. Catalina's whereabouts afterwards were unknown, but as one of the most powerful telepaths on the planet, there were ways of discovering where her daughters retreated to.

Closing her pacific blue eyes, she isolated the unique sigantures of her children, this was made easier by the fact that both Maya and Leonel were in space somewhere. "That is odd..." she murmured, having isolated Cat's darkness to Spain. While present, Tassi's signature was shrouded in some sort of cloak, The little Pettis was on Earth, but in a location purposely pocketed to keep outsiders out. "It is hidden..." Focusing her mind on the task at hand Ziccarra begin to cut the veil with her own psionic energy, but just as soon as she begin her mind was repelled by a powerful force.

"This island is hidden between the dimensions. That must be what Zoe was referring to in the tournament" encasing her body in copius amounts of mental energy Ziccarra teleported from her LA abode across the dimensions to an island no one was supposed to find.

Materilizing in the middle of a dense forest, the Malagan Marchioness eyed the location a bit light headed. Crossing the veil did something, while she was still able to utilize her powers, something was missing. The Goddess, She was gone.

"Hopefully, that does not become problematic" before she could even acclimate herself to the new surroundings, the bushes russled, and with it two canine. Ziccarra froze immediately, if there was one thing on the planet she hated with every inch of her being...it was dogs.

Please...
Please...

It was something she never really told, but dogs were used to help facilitate her dissociate from society, allowing her family to manipulate and ultimatly mind control her. Tears begin to form under her eyes, she could feel them all over again, growling, biting, scratching away chunks of her flesh. "Please..." She started holding her hands out in an attempt to tame the growling beast.

"I just want to see my daughter"

#182 Posted by Tassiana_Pettis (787 posts) - - Show Bio

@ziccarra_liafador:

The sun hit the little Pettis face and she couldn't help but give a wide smile as Star took off running around, feeling the Earth under his paws. Tassi began chasing after the white furry pup, her crimson cape flowing behind her as she ran, still holding tightly onto her lunch pail. "Star! Come on!" she shouted as she began making her way towards the area she remembered had wild flowers everywhere! She saw it when she and big sister Cat first came to the island! It wasn't like the garden back at her old home, but it was still really pretty.

As the two got there, the area was covered in flowers of all colors, shapes and sizes, and the hybrid Goddess couldn't help but get excited. Giggling as she ran from one flower to another, taking in a deep breath as Star began chasing butterflies not too far from her. But she paused for a moment... she... felt something familiar not too far from her, an energy that seemed really familiar. She stood, her little nose scrunching for a moment. She knew this energy, but who's was it? She couldn't put her finger on it. Then Star playfully tackled her to the ground, the two rolling in the long grass as she the two were now laying side by side, Tassi giggling as leaned against Star. She loved being outside! She loved flowers and she loved exploring. It was her most favorite thing ever! Well... except Star... and Cat, and Yaya, and Selene and Leo, and Leon and Daddy and m-

She heard barking from a distance as her head perked up. It sounded like Zachary and Acedawg! Maybe they wanted to play too! Maybe they would want a cookie too! They could have a picnic out here together and go exploring some more! "Star! Let go!" Tassi shouted as she pushed herself up from the ground, grabbing the lunch pail and began running towards the commotion, unaware of who was she was about to become to face to face with, but she did feel that energy still, and it was getting stronger with every step she took.

"ACE, ZACHY WANT A-" she burst through the bushes only to stop dead in her tracks, dropping her lunch pail as it popped open, all the goodies she packed pouring out as her big blue eyes widen even more. Was it her? Was it really her? She looked different... more like Cat, but it wasn't Cat. The energy she was feeling earlier, now it made sense, it was- "M-mommy?" She whispered as Star quickly stepped in front of her, his tail between his legs in fear as his ears drooped down, wining, as if telling her not to go near her. Even Acedawg and Zachary stood before them, separating the mother and daughter from each other. The last time she saw her mom was well over a year ago, when she brought that sword down upon her after showing her a picture she drew. Tassi always blamed herself. Even when daddy said it wasn't her fault, Tassi always felt like she did something bad for mommy to be mad at her.

'Tassi, stay behind us!'Zachary's voice was heard in her mind, using his telepathic abilities to speak to the toddler. 'We'll protect you!'

"N-no!" Tassi shouted running towards Acedawg, grabbing him by his collar, tears collecting in her eyes. "No! No hurt mommy, pease!" she pleaded, looking over to Zachary. The growling began to slowly stop, the three dogs beginning to slowly relax as Zachary gave a small huff towards Acedawg who then stopped his growling as well.

Finally taking a step forward in front of the two watchful dogs, the little Goddess looked up to her mom, rubbing the tears from her eyes. It had been so long since she had seen her mom. "M-mommy." She began to sob. "I'm sorry mommy." she began apologizing, but for what? For everything, for making mommy mad, for making her wanting to hurt daddy and Tassi and Yaya and Selene. "Pease no be mad at Tassi."

#183 Posted by Ziccarra_Liafador (802 posts) - - Show Bio

@tassania_pettis:

No Caption Provided

Parting the bushes between the two foreign dogs was Star followed closely by the person she came to see. Ziccarra stood frozen in fear at the sight of the canines but her ever perceptive little girl managed to move in a diffuse the situation before any decesion was made on impulse. Dropping knee first into the soil underneath her, Ziccarra's pacific blue eyes begin to produce salty cascading tears. "No, No..." She cried out faintly, trying to quell her daughters tears from a distance. "It tis not your fault..." She clamoured trying to keep her voice from breaking. Red blotches of sadness spread across her face like a darkened sky, tears begin to saturate the soil underneath her feet. "Do not be sorry darling. You did not do anything wrong. It is my fault, I am a bad mommy" It hurt to admit, but Ziccarra's children never stood a chance.

Though her lack of parental skills were balanced by the presence of Alexis, the Former Liafador Matriarch never had positive role models in the form of parents to follow. She was a warrior, a woman that could single handedly topple entire armies, but the toughest challenged she was ever destined to face was being a mother. Being a mother that was better than her own, and she failed. She failed with Isadora, She failed with Catalina, Maya, Selene and Tassi.

"You will never understand what it is like to be your mother darling. I pray you never have to. I pray to the women that came before me and ask them that your innocent little path is filled with joy. For the pain and confusion I have caused you baby, I am truly sorry." She admitted. She missed how her heart tumbled when Tassi was in her arms, or watching her walk for the first time. The excitement that overtook her when Tassi painted.

"I look at this every day mija." folded in her jean pockets was the picture Tassi tried to show her that fateful day in Spain. "Everyday, I see your beautiful face and the twinkle in your eyes when you gave this to me..." As her voice begin to break again the Red faced Goddess placed her hands over her mouth to conceal squeals of innard torture. She could talk to Maya, Catalina and Selene; but to convince this One (Two?) year old child she was sorry, tears were the only thing that would ever resonate.

As the only daughter Ziccarra actually gave birth to, The mother daughter duo shared a bond that began as early as the womb. The day the darling little Pettis was born, she came out not breathing; and it was a frantic Alexis who managed to compose himself and bring Tassi back to life. Ziccarra? she was powerless and stood in horror at the thought of losing her precious baby girl.

"...I have done a lot of bad things Tassania. But the worst thing I have ever done. Is making you lose hope in me. I am so sorry mija. and I pray that you can forgive me" Normally to a child at this age, Ziccarra's words would be foreign, but Tassi learned at an astronomical rate; she knew her baby girl understood what was happening. If she didn't she knew the dogs did.

#184 Posted by O_Din (195 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#185 Posted by Selene_Liafador (483 posts) - - Show Bio
Where my azz was at?!
Where my azz was at?!

#186 Posted by Ziccarra_Liafador (802 posts) - - Show Bio
#187 Posted by Tassiana_Pettis (787 posts) - - Show Bio
#188 Edited by Tassiana_Pettis (787 posts) - - Show Bio

@ziccarra_liafador:

Tassi stood, so close, but so far away from her mothers reach. Her tears blurred her vision as her still baby fat filled cheeks became flush from her crying. But she could still see her mom, at eye level with the next generation Liafador-Pettis. Hearing her mom's voice, it caused Tassi to lower her hands, looking at the woman she still loved even after all the chaos. Even though she was much more mentally developed than any toddler her own age, she was incapable of harnessing anger or hate to anyone, let alone her own mother. Every word that her mommy spoke to her she struggled to listen to like a good girl. Some things she had a hard time understanding, some words were ones that Tassi hadn't understood just yet but overall, she understood what her mother was saying.

But her eyes widen she saw the drawing that she made all that time ago. The drawing she held up to her mommy right before everything in her life changed. "Tassi coloring." She whispered, shocked to see it in her mommy's hands. The paper was worn down, the picture itself had begun to fade from the constant opening and reopening of the picture. Mommy had that picture all this time. A step closer she took, looking at the picture and then back at mommy.

Daddy was right, Cat was right, mommy wasn't mad at Tassi, mommy was sick. But mommy was better now? She heard her mother apologize, asking for forgiveness. Why was mom saying she was sorry, mommy was sick, she didn't have to sorry! "No... Mommy was sick. Not mommy's fault." Tassi began huffing for air, taking another step forward, hesitating to close the distance. Still trying to think of the words she wanted to say, how to put them in a way to make mommy understand what she wanted to say. "Mommy good mommy. Mommy... mommy Tassi's mommy."

"Tassi miss mommy!" She cried, her little arms opening as she ran up to her mommy, unable to hold back any longer, her little arms trying to wrap themselves around the woman she looked up to her entire life. "Tassi love mommy!" Her little body trembled from sobbing, her face burring in the chest of her mother, finally reunited with the woman who was there for her those late night she couldn't sleep, singing to her, bathing her, feeding her, playing with her, drawing with her. This was her mommy and in Tassi's eyes, she was still perfect.

#189 Edited by Ziccarra_Liafador (802 posts) - - Show Bio
#190 Posted by Nikoleta_Strix (1922 posts) - - Show Bio

TASSI T___T

#191 Posted by Last_Guardian (32162 posts) - - Show Bio

I'M NOT CRYING! >_>

#192 Posted by Ziccarra_Liafador (802 posts) - - Show Bio

Emerald City Post

Luna Island Post

#193 Posted by Nikoleta_Strix (1922 posts) - - Show Bio

I tear up every time I reread that post, what the hell Nova.

#194 Posted by Feral Nova (58102 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
#195 Posted by deactivated-59c716930b8a6 (9227 posts) - - Show Bio

@ziccarra_liafador:

Tassi stood, so close, but so far away from her mothers reach. Her tears blurred her vision as her still baby fat filled cheeks became flush from her crying. But she could still see her mom, at eye level with the next generation Liafador-Pettis. Hearing her mom's voice, it caused Tassi to lower her hands, looking at the woman she still loved even after all the chaos. Even though she was much more mentally developed than any toddler her own age, she was incapable of harnessing anger or hate to anyone, let alone her own mother. Every word that her mommy spoke to her she struggled to listen to like a good girl. Some things she had a hard time understanding, some words were ones that Tassi hadn't understood just yet but overall, she understood what her mother was saying.

But her eyes widen she saw the drawing that she made all that time ago. The drawing she held up to her mommy right before everything in her life changed. "Tassi coloring." She whispered, shocked to see it in her mommy's hands. The paper was worn down, the picture itself had begun to fade from the constant opening and reopening of the picture. Mommy had that picture all this time. A step closer she took, looking at the picture and then back at mommy.

Daddy was right, Cat was right, mommy wasn't mad at Tassi, mommy was sick. But mommy was better now? She heard her mother apologize, asking for forgiveness. Why was mom saying she was sorry, mommy was sick, she didn't have to sorry! "No... Mommy was sick. Not mommy's fault." Tassi began huffing for air, taking another step forward, hesitating to close the distance. Still trying to think of the words she wanted to say, how to put them in a way to make mommy understand what she wanted to say. "Mommy good mommy. Mommy... mommy Tassi's mommy."

"Tassi miss mommy!" She cried, her little arms opening as she ran up to her mommy, unable to hold back any longer, her little arms trying to wrap themselves around the woman she looked up to her entire life. "Tassi love mommy!" Her little body trembled from sobbing, her face burring in the chest of her mother, finally reunited with the woman who was there for her those late night she couldn't sleep, singing to her, bathing her, feeding her, playing with her, drawing with her. This was her mommy and in Tassi's eyes, she was still perfect.

Who keeps chopping onions...

#196 Posted by Ziccarra_Liafador (802 posts) - - Show Bio

@tassania_pettis: Tassi soared into Ziccarra's arms causing Ziccarra's arms to snap around her youngest daughter like a venus fly-trap. "Mommy miss Tassi too!" She cried out rocking back and forth with tears streaming down the crimson canvas that was her emotion lace face. The Red Queen annointed her child's forehead with a series of doting kisses before clutching the baby with as much might as Tassi could stand. It'd been over a year since Ziccarra held her baby like this, close enough to feel the emotion tremor back and forth between them. "Mommy loves Tassi, She always has and always will" Z said propping her cheeky daughter up on her lap.

Wiping the residual tears from her eyes, Ziccarra's sadden exterior soon turned into joy. It felt like Spain all over again, back when she used do yoga in the garden, Tassi would either imitate her movements or create mudpies. All of their outside sessions ended like this, with Tassi propped in her lap just conversing about whatever. They'd then get cleaned up and head out for ice-cream. Luna Island didn't seem like it had any ice-cream parlors, but she could see it in Tassi's eyes...this was more than enough.

"You have grown mija, you are so tall and beautiful. How do you like it here on this island?" She asked, noticing Tassi's fourlegged bodyguards off in the distance. Tassi always had a love for animals, namely Star; something Ziccarra didn't understand because she hated dogs especially.

"How do you like living with Catalina?"

#197 Posted by Ziccarra_Liafador (802 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Me when someone pulls me into a fued I knew nothing about.

#198 Edited by deactivated-59c716930b8a6 (9227 posts) - - Show Bio
#199 Posted by Last_Guardian (32162 posts) - - Show Bio

@dreadpool10: I can't make Nova and Sha stop being cute, especially around each other. It's impossible. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#200 Posted by deactivated-59c716930b8a6 (9227 posts) - - Show Bio