#53 Feral Nova  Moderator

>______> that link though

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I am King Nipples out at all times. Worship me.

Jk I may join as Meison.

Nah bro. LG needs that Falcon friend.

Meison_Calidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good luck everybody hope this works out! :)

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Last_Guardian

@feral_nova:

The intense aura of fear and guilt emanating off of her is enough to tie my stomach into a multitude of knots. I can't imagine how much time it'll take for Zoe's fragile psyche to undo the pain caused by the disease that ravaged her for the past eight months. I do know, however, that I'll be by her side every step of the way. I owe her that much, at the very least.

No Caption Provided

Moments after I lay Nova down and attempt to step away, I feel her hand shoot up to grab my arm. My hand meets hers and presses it down, holding it in place on my forearm, reassuring her that I have no intention of leaving just yet. Pulling a nearby chair towards the bed, I take her shaking hand in mine before sitting down.

"Zoe, four years ago, I was taken away from Earth, against my will. I tried to get back home, but I just couldn't. Had I a choice, I would've never, ever left you in the first place. You're the closest thing to a family that I've got. I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you when you needed me the most. I promised your sister that I'd always be there for you, and I broke that promise. I'm so sorry that this happened to you, Nova, but I'm here now, we'll get through this together. Right now it's important for you to remember that you weren't in control. Despite how you may feel, that wasn't you. That was never you."

No Caption Provided

I motion to the door where a familiar face stands waiting."I think you might remember Dr. Erin Hope. She was our team doctor for a few years back at WAL. When I told her about your situation, about our situation, she was more than happy to come and see you. She's gonna be monitoring your recovery very closely, making sure everything's good with you and that there's no traces of the Liafador Virus left over in your system."

Smiling, I squeeze my best friend's hand a little tighter. "You're not alone, Sparky, and you'll never have to be alone again. That's one promise that I'll never break. You're stuck with me now, whether you like it or not."

It might not be the greatest idea to be making promises in a time of extreme uncertainty like this, but deep down, I somehow know that my words are true. Even when my world is being turned upside down, I know that I'll be strong enough to hold on to Nova. There's no way in hell that I'm going to lose her now, after so long.

Dr. Hope moves in closer, attempting to place her hand on Zoe's arm."We'll take good care of you, dear. Try and get some sleep, okay?"

"I'll be right here with you, not going anywhere,"I add one more time.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana:

The WAL Championship Will Be Mine

No Caption Provided

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana:

All roads lead to you? No thanks, I'll take a third option.

I like walking to victory, not the drop off.

Title's already mine.
Title's already mine.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#73 Feral Nova  Moderator

@last_guardian:

The broken Fire Goddess continued to sit upon the bed as she brought her knees up to her chest, trying to get herself to relax. It still didn’t feel real, like she was dreaming and any second she was going to wake up with the whispers of the sickness still echoing in her mind. Her eyes shift over to Jacob, allowing her body to slowly being to relax as she heard him speak. He was back, he was really back. She remembered when he first went missing. She looked for him, everywhere. Using every single one of her connections to try and track him down, to find him, but it was as if he vanished. She was devastated. People told her to just move on, that he was gone, but she didn't want to believe them. A part of her always wanted to believe that he was still alive... and he was. “I tried looking for you.” Zoe whispered through her dry lips. “I thought… I thought you died Jacob.” She squeezed his hand. “People told me you were dead.”

She didn’t have a chance to speak more, as an all too familiar face showed up, Doctor Hope. How many times had she stitched Zoe back together again in her early years as a hero? The two were trying to reassure her, to calm her and for a moment, she believed them. She believed everything was going to be ok even if it was just for a moment.

But as Dr. Hope was about to touch her, something caught the eye of the broken hero. A black stain upon her right hand that she hadn’t noticed till now, black… like the virus that her body rejected. Her eyes widen as her chest sank in a panic. She screamed, shaking her hand violently as if trying to shake something off. “IT’S HERE!” she crawled back on the bed until her back was pressed against the wall. “IT'S HERE!” she screamed again, her heart racing as she felt like she couldn’t breath. She could feel the combination of Jacob and Dr. Hope grasp a hold of her, trying to restrain her, but she wouldn’t stop, she couldn’t. She couldn’t let it get her! Not again! Using her left hand she aimed it at the black speck on her. She couldn’t hear Jacob or Dr. Hope, trying to calm her down, she needed to get rid of it, before it tried to take her again. A golden glow began to grow from the palm of her left hand, ready to erupt into a golden flame which would also set the room on fire, but before a flame could escape, a needle was jammed into her neck as Dr. Hope held the syringe, injecting a sedative that caused Zoe’s body to slowly go limp. "Jacob, don't let it take me, Jacob, please." she plead to her long time friend as tears filled her eyes before the sedative began to cause her eyes to roll to the back of the head before completely passing out, her body going limp as Doctor Hope carefully helped Jacob lay her down upon the bed.

“It seems the mental trauma that Zoe has endured may have been a more than I suspected.” Doctor Hope sighed as she examined the hand that Zoe swore something was there, only to find that it was ash residue from her time in Los Angeles. “We might have to keep her on sedatives. She still fragile, it’s going to take time for both her body and mind to heal.” She began as she placed her hand upon Jacobs shoulder. “But she will be ok.” The physician attempted to reassure the hero. "She'll be asleep for a few hours, I'm going to go run some tests. If she... becomes hostile again, call for me."

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Last_Guardian

@feral_nova:

"But she will be ok. She'll be asleep for a few hours, I'm going to go run some tests. If she... becomes hostile again, call for me."

I breathe out a sigh of relief as I watch Zoe slowly fade into unconsciousness. We were seconds away from being burned to a crisp because of her sudden bout of paranoia, but there’s no way I can blame her for it. My hand wraps around hers and I can feel the warmth of her skin. She’s always hot to the touch on account of her much greater internal body temperature."We'll get through this, Sparky,"I inspirit, bringing her hand to my lips.

Before walking out of the room, Dr. Hope stops at the doorway, and peers back at me from behind the rectangular frames of her glasses. "Jacob. You're not in great shape yourself. You took a lot of hits in L.A. and how long has it been since you’ve slept?”

I'm sure she's noticed the dark circles slowly forming under my eyes. The Force affords me a certain amount of leeway with sleep. I don't have to do it nearly as much as most, but now it’s been...five days? A week, maybe?

“I’ll sleep tonight, Dr. Hope, but I’ll do it here. I’m not about to leave Zoe alone.”

She smiles and walks out to run her tests, leaving me alone with my slumbering best friend. From the window the sound of running water and the nearby waterfall give the room an unmistakable ambiance of serenity. I look at Nova's face. Even in her sleep, she looks as if she's being tortured. I feel the need to apologize for all my years of absence, but I know that my words won’t mean a thing. Instead, I decide to show her.

No Caption Provided

My hands fall to her head, fingers running through her thick blonde locks. This telepathic technique is something that I've only recently mastered, using it to great effect in Iceland to ensure the escape of myself and my allies. Closing my eyes, I focus on certain memories. I think about the moment Zoe and I first met, our first mission with WAL, that time she saved my life, and the many times I saved hers. I think about the time, after Lauren's funeral, where we talked about her taking up the mantle of Feral Nova. Everyone doubted she could do it, but she was headstrong, and I was there with her, backing her 100%. Finally, I brought to mind the many nights in space where I'd sit on the ship's bridge, looking out into the vast field of stars, wondering if one of those faraway lights was Earth, and wishing, wondering when I'd be able to get home, when I'd be able to see Zoe again. It was in space that I first realized my true feelings for her. My intention was to come back to earth, track her down, and profess my love like in some sort of romance movie airport scene. But...things don't always go the way you want them to.

Collecting the myriad memories, I begin to telepathically beam them into her brain. Even now, I can feel a war between negative emotions raging in her head; anger and confusion, fear and doubt, sorrow and frustration. If my attempt proves fruitful, our shared memories will work as a resistance group, fighting a guerrilla warfare-style battle to bring peace to the tormented land.

The process takes all of two minutes and by the end of it, there are tears streaming down my face. They're happy tears, because I'm back where I belong, next to the person I care about the most. "I love you, Nova,"I whisper before laying my head down on the chair and bringing my feet up onto her bed, careful not to disturb her. For the first time in a week, I let myself drift off to sleep, and for the first time in eight years, there are no nightmares.

Nabhan_Alavi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

barf. touching post though.

CVnU WAL is legit.

Vinicius_Corvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nabhan_Alavi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Last_Guardian

We Are Legend Invitational Tournament

The field is set and these are the eight brave competitors set to face off (in no particular order):

We'll be coming up with the matches for the 1st round randomly tomorrow and presenting them here in this thread before making the OOC with them. Please have a comprehensive list of your powers in your bio to avoid confusion during the matches. Other rules (time limit, post limit) will be made clear in the OOC.

Is everyone cool with a tentative start date of July 6th?

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gametime

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its gonna be funny when a non-WAL member wins this.

wwe wrestling ouch randy orton rko

Legend killer, I am legend etc.

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Last_Guardian

@cassius_knightfall: Pls, Cass. Only reason we invited you is cause we needed an easy win.

The Belt is Mine.
The Belt is Mine.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@last_guardian: Bish what? the only reason YOU'RE in this tourney is to give the vine a good show. Everyone knows Sha's gonna sell when cotton and corn don't

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Last_Guardian

@shanana: You mean sell that ass whooping Im about to give you? Thanks! How considerate. It's always nice to see a stale main eventer put over exciting talent like that. Respect.

Now GTFO my ring.
Now GTFO my ring.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own this bish, you just renting
I own this bish, you just renting

@last_guardian:

Did we somehow enter some alternate universe where you're actually exciting?

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL.

We should rename this place Lucha Island for a while.

We Are Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battleground!!!

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just give me the damn belt. Or i will just roll up with a briefcase and take it.

We Are Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Money in the Bank twist would be fun.

Meison_Calidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Feral Nova  Moderator
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@last_guardian: still waiting to see who I'm going to slaughter in the first round

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Last_Guardian

@shanana: we'll do it in like 1-2 hours!

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dominorecordingco  time clock arctic monkeys melting

Obi time

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Last_Guardian

@cassius_knightfall: LOL...Still faster than Mercy Time. We had the matchups last night, but I was still preparing the OOC. Here.

Ziccarra Liafador vs. Clara Mass

Setting: TBA

Alexander Apex vs. Prince Aizen

Setting: TBA

Last Guardian vs. Cellphone Girl

Setting, TBA

Feral Nova vs. Cassius Knightfall

Setting, TBA

OOC coming tonight, locations tomorrow.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Clara mass your ass is mine

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#98  Edited By CellphoneGirl

@sylver@izaiah

No Caption Provided

Opening her eyes Blair wakes up a dingy pink room. Memories flicker through her head recalling waves of old familiar faces being brought back to life as she examines her surroundings. This used to be her old bedroom from her short period leading the Vine Titans. The wallpaper and carpet are rigid and torn, but for the most part the room is still kept intact. The comfortable bed she lays on is still as soft as the day she left it. Sliding her feet off the bed they touch a pair of fuzzy slippers. Looking below at the pink pair of shoes her still damp hair relaxes itself past her shoulders. She notices herself in an old pink nightgown that she left. Getting up her still sore body aches while walking through the dusty room.

Opening the door she begins to feel paranoid as she wonders where both Sylver and Cellular Dog are at. The two were with her last she remembered, yet if she is on Luna Island then the two can be literally anywhere. She steadily paces herself down the hall as the ceiling lights flicker on and off. She feels empty as she walks past the old bedroom doors of the past Vine Titan members who lived with her. All those friendships slipping away from her fingertips.

A blue light illuminates the opening of the room down the hall. Entering the spacious room Blair is greeted upon unrecognizable neon blue symbols spiraling across the air in a chain-like travel. Computer screens are organized careful on two sides of the room as she turns to the remaining third wall away from her to see a familiar hooded figure standing alone in his research.

No Caption Provided

Her hand dramatically reaches for the figure in the distance. “I….Izzy?” Her dazed vision refocuses as she gets closer. Catching the man’s attention she slowly recalls the last few minutes before losing unconsciousness. Blair feels herself rocking back and forth on a boat. Waves splashing from all directions as she holds onto Sylver and Cellular Dog. The next thing she sees is her body being pulled into the ocean below as her two allies watch from the boat helpless.

Reaching for the lone hero Blair falls into his arms and cries. “Izaiah, I am so sorry.” Her sparkling tears flutter through the air around them. “I never should have walked out on you during that petty argument. You never deserved to be isolated for so long.” She hugs her cousin tightly never wanting to let him ago. “I’m here to stay. We will protect each other.”

Quietus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Quietus

@last_guardian:

The Secretary of Defense didn't say a word as Jacob appeared, his single eye unmoving as it absorbed the palpable unease transparent and starkly visible through the Guardian's demeanor.

No Caption Provided

Despite the positive media reception from Tumblr and other petty social sites, the Luna Island resident knew in his heart of hearts; passion that had burned bright, had flown too close to the sun.

"You funked up kid."

Julius moved, barely, letting out the faintest of sighs. "But when one of your children breaks a vase, you don't chop their balls off and feed 'em to the dogs."

Giving Jacob the benefit of the doubt, the Original Operative's entire aura was one of intensity. This was the make or break moment for Grayson, the very defining moment of his entire life and legacy. "In my line of work I've learnt to minimize my own mistakes." The Secretary of Defense moved closer, stepping into Jacob's space to an uncomfortable degree. His one eye eerily looking into the WAL members own. "You know what happens when you pull stunts like this? After I endorsed you on a goddamn team funded by the United States Government?"

Julius rarely lost his temper, and this was not one of the cases. It was pure honestly.

"I'm telling you this as a friend, If you ever funk me like this again I'll bury you alive beneath the mound of shit you just spewed from your bowels onto this country. Don't make yourself one of my mistakes, Jacob."

Now the harsh talk was over, Julius knew solutions would have to be enacted. Thankfully, even an ordeal the size of this was not one which the Shadow of D.C was caught unaware by. "But you know what, son? I'm a man of solutions. Don't you ever think otherwise." Even without government spying or keeping records of any lost data, nearly every single transaction within the USA involving student debt had a paper trail or was on emails systems somewhere. It could all be restored in a matter of weeks.

"I'm offering you a way out of this."

Julius' entire composure suddenly became more open, his hands released from their pockets and folded behind his back.

"I have the resources to both correct your mistake and replace it with something of greater value. Your good intentions will not be lost, but the negative effectswill."

Julius turned his head slightly, raising an eyebrow.

"But before I put my faith in you again, I need absolute trust that you won't make me look like an incompetent asshole. For the first time in my life, I'm wide open to the world. A lifetime of secrecy had to stop. Only so much good a man can do in the dark. My ass is exposed as Secretary. Exposed to scandal and parasites, vultures and god knows what else. I don't have time to fight heroes."

Julius knew that Jacob was involved in Iceland, and that wasn't an issue in itself, he didn't want Jacob to be unable to take his own volition where he thought fit, the Guardian was a valuable asset to Julius working from his own moral code. Julius knew something in Iceland was shady and he had faith others knew too. He didn't need to stir that nest. Julius had a thousand soldiers but men like Grayson were unique in their own ways.

"I have a way to fix this, but if I do it's conditional. I'm placing one of my most trusted Equalizers on that squad of yours, who also happens to need a little redemption himself. And secondly; you don't tell anyone I'm helping you. Not even your closest ally, not your lover, nobody. I'm just the invisible middle man."

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

No Caption Provided

@cellphonegirl

In the dim room that was becoming a mystic library and/or laboratory, Izaiah was leaning over a table as the power of his mind turned the pages of one of several old tomes, skimming through their contents written in languages now forgotten by most. "...Huh. I know I saw a reference somewhere in these, as little thought as I gave it at the time...but if it's not in this one," he whispered to no one in particular, "...then which one was it?" Closing the tome and hovering it to the pile of other books next to a lantern, footsteps were heard in the direction of the open hallway door. "Oh, she's awake?" Yesterday was the first time he'd seen his cousin in a long time, and was glad to see her alive - and all things considered, relatively well - albeit a small part of himself was getting anxious that an old argument of theirs risked being brought to the surface.

Turning around to face her, Izaiah was caught a little off-guard by Cellphone Girl being in not only in tears, but throwing herself into his arms. "Izaiah, I am so sorry, I never should have walked out on you during that petty argument," she proclaimed. You got that right, he couldn't help but think in response, but wasn't anywhere near spiteful or tactless to say out loud. She continued, "I’m here to stay. We will protect each other." It was a relief to hear this, almost anti-climactic, since the argument had mentally replayed itself over and over, and his mind had - against his conscious will - tried to consider all angles and counters to anything she might argue.

Sounds good to me! he said, having to put effort into sounding genuine and not sarcastic. Accept your apology. No grudge from me! He subtly broke apart the hug. I, uh, there was some struggle in conceding it, may not have been 100% in the right either. I'm sorry.

"Oh right, right!" CPG was collecting herself. "Where's Sylver? And Cellular Dog?!"

Oh, um-- Izaiah was a little embarassed he hadn't been keeping a closer watch on the guests...or new residents. Cellular Dog should be somewhere in the building. Sylver...either here too, or elsewhere on the island. She can take of herself I'm sure.

"Oh! Okay. I'll catch up to them later! So..." She gestured at the table with the lantern and books. "What're these for? What have you been up to on the island?"

Glad you asked! All too happy to answer, Izaiah had to keep himself from going into too great detail, since people seldom appreciated that for some mysterious reason. Some time ago I was researching--well, too much to explain right now, but I saw a reference to a prophecy that I didn't really register at the time, but lately I've heard more things about it, and tried to find more info. May be a thing of obscurity but I'm not giving up! Could be important.

"A prophecy? About what?" CPG seemed unsure just how literally she was meant to take his words.

Yes! A prophecy. Supposedly about a hero who will defeat the "Serpent of the Chaos Empire" for good, and I'm pretty sure this "Serpent" is none other than Apophis of the first Isphaetean Empire...even though, all "official" accounts say that he was slain by Sutekh of Heliopolis some 12 000 years ago. But there are whisperings that he's been alive for all this time and is behind the rise of the third Isphaetean Empire right now...and I'm trying to piece together if it's somehow connected to these Azurian Artifacts that have been showing up more as of late...

"Uhmm, the Is-what Empire? Heliopolis, that's where you got your powers, right?"

Right, right, the Isphaetean Empire. I keep forgetting not everyone knows these things! So the Isphaeteans broke off from the Cynrathuan Imperium, y'know, my dad's people--

"Wait, stop everything immediately. Your dad's people?"

Izaiah's eyes widened some in the realization that he hadn't been all that open about that information until somewhat recently. Oh...right. Your cousin's half alien. Shocker right? What's next, Risky's half-Asgardian or something?