Look Who's Coming to Dinner (Closed CVU RP)

Vai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@orange_water

No Caption Provided

Vai put an invitation out to Landon using the Unity network. He could teleport to her private yacht if he so desired where she hoped to meet with him. Vai waited for him, standing at the bow of the ship, leaning forward over the prow and watching the waters go by. She was dressed in little more than a white bikini and held an alcoholic drink in one hand. She sipped from the drink and thought back to the last time she'd seen Landon.

He was so devastated and he sort of...ran off. From what I hear he's really fallen apart, turning to booze and females rather than trying to sort things out. Maybe I can help him, get him away from his usual distractions and just sit down and talk for awhile. I'm sure with enough careful support from his friends we can get back the Landon we know rather than the Landon we have now.

She sighed and finished her drink before she tossed the empty glass into the sea. "No more of you for tonight." She said aloud. It took a great deal to get her drunk, she was far more concerned with the temptation being around for Landon.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Orange_Water

@vai:

When the invitation came through the Unity network I couldn't help but be suspicious while being with Vai on a yacht sounded like fun something just seemed off to me. I knew that Xae wished to talk to me about my problems so I wondered if this couldn't be her way of secretly getting me onto the ship and talk to me? But an evening with Vai I had to admit was irresistible... damn it. I looked over the coordinates given in the message and thought about maybe using my powers to get to the location. " Nah... today I think I'll teleport in I can at least stomach it this time... I think." I also haven't seen or really spoken to her since the meeting so it would be nice to have some alone time with her maybe having someone to talk to.

I got ready over the course of several minutes having no real idea how long I would be there I would just bring the clothes on my back and on my way out I considered taking my one of my daggers in case something went horribly wrong,"Nah won't be needed this time out at sea I have plenty of water around and hell I'm almost certain that yacht would be one of the safest places on the planet considering who this is." Moments later I would use the Unity bracelet to teleport to Vai's yacht and see what surprises awaited me an intervention? Maybe some alone time with Vai? I didn't know for sure and that's what excited me.

Of course, I could never be happy after teleporting as I appeared on the ship and leaned on a railing for a moment to regain my balance before I heard a voice in front of me," Ah you must be the guest Ms. Vai was expecting," he looked me over for a moment memorizing my face,"She's waiting for you at the bow of the ship." A servant? Then that would mean...

"Thank you... I'll go and find her," as I pushed off the railing and gave the man a nod before walking off towards the front of the ship I looked around as I walked seeing a servant every once and a while. The yacht as I expected was lavish and from what I could see some of the best comforts money could buy was on board. But as I turned another corner I saw quite possibly the best comfort on board as I walked towards the bow of the ship,"Hello Vai been awhile since I last saw you. This is a beautiful ship you've got here and quite frankly I was surprised to get an invite to come abroad," and as far as I could see Vai was just as inviting as ever.

Vai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orange_water:

Vai smiled and turned to face Landon. "It's good to see you again. I've heard you've been through some difficult times but you're a friend, you're always welcome here or anywhere else I happen to own." She motioned for him to come up beside her near the bow railing. "I want you to try to relax here though, I don't want to offer you any lectures or bits of advice...I think...maybe you've had a lot of that already. Instead I'm just willing to listen, anything you want to talk about, anything you have to say, I'm here for you."

She leaned forward and rested her arms on the railing again, once more looking out at the ocean. "You know it's funny, my mother hates the ocean, she says it makes her uncomfortable...it's why she always takes a jet or helicopter to go over seas." She glanced over at him, her artificial green eyes concealing as ever her inner thoughts. "She's worried about you. We all are...she's just...really bad at expressing it sometimes. I think it has something to do with spending most of her life as a soldier, it's hard for her to connect with Humans...and...honestly...with people in general. You should talk to her sometime though, she's been through it herself." Her smile faded a little. "You two have more in common than you might know."

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vai:

I didn't say anything instead when Vai motioned me to the railing I finished my walk up to the bow of the ship leaning on the railing next to Vai and listened for a moment. Today she was offering to listen I could tell she wanted to help and what better way to make sure I stay here and talk then the servants realizing that Vai's guest mysteriously disappearing after seeing what appears to be a man swimming underwater at speeds faster than this yacht could ever go. I admired a good trap and she had me beat unless I decided to teleport but I didn't want to be sick for the rest of the day,"Okay it actually sounds nice to have someone to talk to." I let out a deep breath as I answered two questions did I feel safe here? And did I trust her? Unfortunately, both were yes and I felt like that would put her in danger.

Can't really blame Xae with naga and telkhine's swimming around hell sometimes I even sense some of the larger stuff lurking in the trenches that I know better than to mess with."The ocean is completely safe on a yacht like this nothings gonna hit you," a little bit of a lie the smaller stuff knows better and everything hiding in the trenches come up every so often to try and eat something bigger than this. My right eye turned blue as I looked out at the ocean and saw there was no naga, mershark or telkhine's nearby but there was,"whales several miles out. But I know this is not what you're wondering about,” as I took a moment to absorb the rest of my surroundings before my right eye turned back to its true color.

"I feel as if I made a mistake calling for that meeting and telling everyone about Vandal and putting everyone in danger because I decided the consequences didn’t matter. I lied during that meeting Vandal offered me power I didn’t accept that deal.” Maybe I shouldn’t tell her about them but can’t really turn back now,” Instead while I was still in France I looked into the kidnapping of an entire family known as the Boltion’s. No ransom had ever been asked for them and no one had heard from them afterward. They were assumed dead but that was false because one of the family members found me there. Anyway, to make a long story short pretty much I was pointed towards Japan where a secret society hides in a bar and underwent “treatment” to become I guess what you could say is a more highly evolved mutant.” But that wasn’t the point of this story.

“The reason was simple enough with more power I could protect Unity and I like to think of it as save Maoli from a coming war. I have failed miserably at both if you haven’t noticed either through incompetence or from holding back,” any shred of a smile had disappeared minutes earlier what had slowly begun to form was the look of a man haunted by numerous failures and the pain that I hid behind every smile. Vai was right me and Xae had plenty in common except I’m no soldier and I don't know if I can keep pushing forward,” I’ve painted a giant target on our backs with that meeting, humiliated Gaige because I was paranoid and didn’t know if I could trust her, Gaige again because I didn’t stop the shadow from making a deal to share her body… but one of the worst was failing to take revenge at the cost of using Aleenah as bait. Needless to say when Aleenah found out and healed from her injuries she wasn't happy," as a hand removed itself from the railing rubbing the spot on my neck where her bite mark once was.

"The truth is Vai I knew that you were one of the people I could trust during the meeting considering that we hadn't met before Vandal had talked to me. I feel as if I've only raked in losses lately and I'm on the verge of losing whats left. I know the others are concerned but maybe they would be safer without me being there."

Vai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orange_water:

"One thing about life Landon is we will always make mistakes...it's never the mistakes that matter, it's how we recover and how we learn from them that matters. We can always come back but we can't always do it alone. I'm here to help you through it if you're ready." Vai smiled a little and shifted her gaze to watch him.

"If you're not, I'm still here for you because that's how friends work where I come from. It's the same reason my mother never accused you of the things you accuse yourself of and why your spot in Unity is always and still yours. I don't want to be friends with someone that thinks they're perfect."

Vai shook her head a little. "Landon someone in your life is helping you down the wrong path. Stay on my boat with me for a few days or a week and let's see if we can't clear your head."

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vai:

"One thing about life Landon is we will always make mistakes...it's never the mistakes that matter, it's how we recover and how we learn from them that matters. We can always come back but we can't always do it alone. I'm here to help you through it if you're ready." Vai smiled a little and shifted her gaze to watch him.

"If you're not, I'm still here for you because that's how friends work where I come from. It's the same reason my mother never accused you of the things you accuse yourself of and why your spot in Unity is always and still yours. I don't want to be friends with someone that thinks they're perfect."

It's a damn shame that the world only knew her as a party girl as only a young woman who spent her mother's vast fortune to obtain thrills that ordinary people without the money could never do themselves. The Vai I knew was different and I guess hiding behind the scenes always ready to help others with their problems by either talking through them or just lending an ear to our troubles. She does have a job for this team it may not be saving the world or anything but I guess maybe she was here to save us from ourselves when it finally became too much to bear. She was Unity's psychologist or is it, psychiatrist? Meh maybe it's both but I'm sure she's had plenty of experience thanks to her mother and that's probably just the tip of the iceberg,"Yeah your probably right Vai it's just that I don't want to be a reason that the others are put in danger. I've never strived to be perfect because those imperfections are what grounds us and I know Xae expects mistakes and that she's had her fair share as well."

Vai shook her head a little. "Landon someone in your life is helping you down the wrong path. Stay on my boat with me for a few days or a week and let's see if we can't clear your head."

Well, an invitation to stay on this boat with Vai for awhile I took a moment to think about it knowing that I had work that I could do on the mainland but I was damaged and I tried to keep myself occupied with vigilante work and anything else I could get my hands on. So I guess a vacation was sort of something that I needed at this point and signing for a moment,"Okay... I'll stay I guess I need to take a vacation for awhile."

Vai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vai

@orange_water:

@orange_water:

orange_water

Vai smiled and left his side to retrieve a pair of glasses and a wine bottle from a deck table. She filled each glass and returned to him, handing one to him. "The wine is your problems and your mistakes over the last few months." She raised her glass as she spoke and then, she toss d it, glass and all, into the sea. "Your turn when you're ready."

She touched his arm reassuringly. "You can do it. That Bottle is the last bottle of alcohol on the boat, much to my chagrin. We'll find other things to do, different ways to take your mind off your troubles and find a place from which you can move forward. This boat is stacked, gaming rooms, theater, swimming pools, a ski boat, a small golf course...eve everything you can cram into it."

She removed her hand and turned to look out at the passing ocean again while she waited for him to privately work up the courage and desire to do as shed suggested. Vai didn't seem to have any concerns just now other than him and, in truth, she didn't, she was focused on helping her friend. She smiled a little to herself and partially unfurled her wings to let them soak in the Ray's of the beautiful sun and warm her cold blooded body.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vai:

I turned around as Vai walked away from the railing watching her walk over to a table and pick two glasses and a wine bottle pouring what remained into the two glasses and walking back over to me. I took the glass as she handed it to me giving her a nod thinking that we would drink it but before I could raise the glass to my lips and drink the wine she spoke mentioning that the wine and I guess by extension alcohol has been my problem over the last couple of months. When Vai was done speaking she threw the glass and the wine with it into the sea before saying that it was my turn to do the same.

I felt her touch my arm as she described all of the things the two us of could do together before she removed her hand and started looking back out at the ocean waiting for me. Okay, let's just throw this glass and alcohol out into the sea but as I told myself to do so my body didn't move instead I looked down at the alcohol wondering why I should waste it by throwing it into the sea. It’s not like you can’t stop yourself from getting drunk anyway. But I think Vai was right I’ve already tried using alcohol to help me control my pain and feelings. Maybe I should lean on somebody else for once and see it helps. I saw out of the corner of my eye as large almost batlike wings suddenly sprouted from her body. I think I’ve made the right choice as my hand shook for a moment before summoning the willpower I needed to throw the glass into the sea.

I’d be lying if I didn’t think those wings were little weird but if anything it only made the sight of Vai all the better,”Those are some pretty awesome wings you got there. So what do you want to do first, Vai?” She knew her way around this yacht far better than I did and if anyone had an idea of what to first she would.

Vai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orange_water:

Vai smiled. "Why thank you kind sir." She motioned for him to follow her and headed into the interior of the ship. She didn't say more while they walked and led him through a couple of corridors before they arrived inside of a room that was nothing but black. Inside were a pair of headsets with cords reaching back to the wall behind them that seemed long enough to allow significant freedom of movement. "This is a virtual combat room. I use it for training...and for video games." The door sealed shut behind them and she lifted one of the headsets off of the wall. "This headset reads your synapses and detects your movements and actions and translates them into the virtual world. It can also read into your intentions once it gets used to your body and make suggestions as to possible moves to achieve your goals."

She smiled and handed the headset to him. "Come on Landon, I think it's time to take you to another place and let your worries and fears melt away for a few hours. Put it on and I'll get the program started. Might want to strip down to a little less attire, I've head mammals play around with it before and all the fighting tends to build up quite the sweat."

She walked to the opposite wall and opened a hidden panel to reveal a control console. "So tell me your fantasy Landon and I'll build it for you...whatever world you want, any place, any time...as long as it will help you."

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vai:

With Vai’s motion, I followed her through the yacht's interior until we arrived at a black room. Vai moves inside towards a headset and I follow a moment later to hear the door close behind this. First, she traps me on a boat and now to a room, it seems trust is going rather well but I still couldn’t help but smile as she described the technology to me and recommended that maybe I remove a little bit of clothing.

“You know there are easier ways to get me out of my shirt,” I took the moment to remove my shirt before taking the headset in my hands and she walked away to prepare the system. The moment she asked for my fantasy I thought of a couple of choice ones some maybe involving Vai others not so much. So instead I prepared to enter this world and put the headset on my head,” can I ask you for something else other than a game. I want to have a final conversation with Maoli it would be based on my memories, my thoughts and unfortunately maybe my fears. I have some unfinished business and talking to at least a version of her might help.” I heard Vai type away at a console and soon I was on a beach seeing a brown-haired woman staring out at the sun as it tried to hide behind the ocean. The last time I saw her in Hawaii,” Maoli… I’m sorry,” I walked up behind her,” I failed.”

“I once said I’d never leave you alone on this Earth. I guess that didn’t work out very well for either of us… Sorry, guess I’m getting a little too morbid.” I looked away chuckling for a second before turning to look back at her,” Life goes on I guess and I’ve made my fair share of mistakes since everything happened.If I had managed to see you again I would have asked you to travel with me so that I knew you would be safe. Sadly, I never got that chance."

" I found your killer you know by using Aleenah as bait I thought that was the best way to draw him out. I was wrong and I held back almost resulting in Aleenah dying because I wanted to face him head-on. She wasn't very happy after that fight and your killer escaped so that I could get Aleenah off the beach."

The virtual Maoli just listened to me trying to pour my heart out and explain what I've done since she died when she leaned in giving me a short kiss to shut me up," Landon you only ever planned to 'save' me and you never prepared for if I may die. Just stop I know what you've done and I'm disappointed but luckily for you, I'm dead... again. I'm not coming back so stop punishing yourself like you always do for other peoples' mistakes and be happy. So let go and find a new path but I know you want to ask me something so please just do it and never look back."

Virtual Maoli gave a rather venomous smile and for the first and last time in my life, I saw a devilish glare in her eye’s,” Is that your question? What side would I have chosen? Why you should know it’s ours and Maedra’s. After we had captured you and destroyed your friends we would have been together forever. Me and you happily ever after.”

I hesitated for a moment trying to form the question's that would become my final conversation with Maoli,"Maoli there was something I always wanted to ask you do think when Ruby finally declared that war against our world what would have happened? Would you have joined with Ruby and helped her in her plot for revenge or would you have helped me end the war and save people? I guess what I'm asking is what side would you have chosen."

My greatest fear… Maoli going to Ruby together they would crush my soul and any hope I had to turn me into a slave. “Goodbye Maoli… that’s never what I would have wanted I thought you knew that. I love you but I won’t look back,” I turned my back as I removed the headgear and I couldn’t see her sad face. Never to know the final gift the virtual Maoli gave me besides seeing her one last time.

The beach setting would disappear and soon I would be back in the darkroom my body covered in sweat from the use of the VR.” Thanks, Vai...” as I took several deep breaths trying to get used to my surroundings again.

Vai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orange_water:

Vai smiled a little and shut the system down the rest of the way. "I hope that gave you a little of what you were wanting, a little closure maybe." She offered. Vai motioned for him to follow her out of the room now that it had filled its purpose and took him up to an observation deck that gave them a three hundred and sixty degree view of the ocean around them and the yacht's gentle movements through the gradually rolling waves. "For now, I think maybe it's best if you try to put the past behind you for, I dunno, twenty four hours or so. One of the reasons I chose to meet you out here is because it's not close to anything, no reminders, a real chance to break away."

Vai went to a built in mini-fridge and removed a series of trays and other items containing various fruits and healthy snacks which she set out on the bar for him. "I don't really know what you prefer...and I'm not much of an omnivore, so I just had my chef pick out a few items and send them up. I hope something here suits you."

Vai considered him a moment and pulled out a stool for him at the alcohol-less bar. She moved behind the bar, gathering a pair of glasses and a series of flavors together.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vai:

My hands rested on my knees as I took those deep breathes but when Vai spoke my eyes followed her as she crossed the room before I would speak again,” Yes I think it may have. But just give me a moment before I follow.” Should I really let go and move on? I don’t think I can stand to be alone like I was before Maoli again. So how am I to let go?

But there was no time to waste as I needed to follow after Vai who would lead me up to the observation deck containing a minibar. For a moment I thought that maybe she had lied about there being no alcohol on the ship but she only wanted to help me so why would she lie at all? The answer was she wouldn’t as her intention to only show a beautiful sight of the ocean glittering due to the suns rays and asking if I wanted a snack. I thought for a moment,” A truly beautiful sight but yours is the one I’m having trouble getting used to…” I smirked for a moment before deciding the line was much too cheesy,” Yeah that was much too cheesy,” scratching my back and letting out a nervous laugh.” An apple and some soda will do for me. I guess there will probably be something for dinner much later.” Taking the seat offered to me at the bar and watching Vai.