#1751 Posted by Arquitenens (11973 posts) - - Show Bio

@crimsondeath: @darkchild: Oh, it's on sucka!

In a familiar scene Abigail wove her candy-apple red Yamaha FJR1300 through the city streets, flying in direct opposition to oncoming traffic toward some singular source of immense danger. In a state of emergency the area was blocked off for many blocks around and all traffic was directed outward, all surrounding streets converted to one-way roads to minimize any further loss of life or personal property. But the anchor was still in danger, as were many others still within the demarcated "threat zone." Authorities mobilized offensive and defensive units while attempting to establish contact with the hellions to determine what exactly they might be after. But the Ríonfénnid of the global Fianna had other plans.

"What do we know about them? Affiliates of Ezra?"

"No idea. It's not entirely unlikely, but it's impossible to say at this point. Only one man has been mentioned by name - a 'Darkchild,' by the anchor Stephen Clark, clearly a hostage."

"'Darkchild?' Jesus, that sounds like an edgy teen on one of those online forums for debating vigilantes and terrorists. Well, London isn't exactly known for its flourishing hero population. It's as close to a direct call-out as possible without saying my name." Unless, she thought, that too was a deliberate part of whatever scheme was at play. Attack someplace fairly important but without much in the way of opposition, eliminate whoever presented themselves, and whatever they were after would be ripe for taking. "Have the local fian on standby but tell them to wait for my signal. Location tracking on."

No Caption Provided

The roaring bike sped fast toward the blockade. A whispered incantation muffled the sound somewhat, and somehow - impossibly so - she squeezed through a narrow passage of cars without so much as a minor scrape or bump en route to the epicenter of the conflict.

"Normally"—she projected as she dismounted the vehicle and primed three telescopic arrows for firing, setting her sight on the bloodthirsty demonics, channelling Diarmuid's anger and his pride both—"this is the part where I give you the chance to surrender. But considering what you are and what you've done here I'm keen on skipping straight to the part where I learn what you're after and start filling you with arrows."

#1752 Posted by Phenomenal (64 posts) - - Show Bio

@crimsondeath: @darkchild: @arquitenens:

A fugitive from Arsenal - the very agency he once worked for - the Phenomenal One toyed in the devil's den by roaming the streets of his and Arsenal's native London, undercover or not. But the rush of playing them for fools by hiding under their noses was one that sent swarms of thrill and ecstasy through his veins. So Raees hid. He wore a wig and faux facial hair. Raised his cheekbones with prosthesis, and added a forehead and crooked nose with more. Made his gums plumper with dental facades, used artificial pallets to change his enunciation, add a lisp. And kept a pebble in his shoe to pinch his toes and strip the swagger from his walk. Watching the news from a cheap room in the Blair Victoria Hotel, he hung back in his chair and watched the chaos unfold on the TV screen before him.

"I couldn't agree more"

"Good Lord", Raees noted, nonchalant and leaning into his chair, "And I thought this sort of super-villain peasantry only happened in Gothic". With his eyes trained on the dim glow of the screen, the Phenomenal One stood from his chair, compelled to ride to London's rescue by a personal sense of responsibility for his hometown - and the neurotic desire for personal achievement that'd made him the best of Arsenal's operatives. Like a serpent shedding it's skin, Raees stepped out his disguise and into an armored nanosuit unique in both design and utility. From his back hung a duo of vibranium swords, and interred in his mind and body were the skills of a man equal parts deadly assassin, dashing spy, and daring genius. Vanishing like a shadow, Raees bid his time, surveyed the scene, studied the terrain and the nightmare creatures roaming the streets till the situation seemed clear in his mind.

"I'm keen on skipping straight to the part where I learn what you're after and start filling you with arrows"

"I couldn't agree more", he bantered, voice echoing from above. Vibranium blades glimmering like silver, Raees stood on a rooftop edge, a jaguar whose blue eyes were sapphires promising a quick end to the creatures below. And with Abigail - a legend among legends in the world of heroes - at the ready, he was confident that London would yet survive.

#1753 Posted by Darkchild (42970 posts) - - Show Bio

@phenomenal: @arquitenens:

No Caption Provided

Her words simply fill him with Glee as he had thought he'd have to make much more of a scene to bring someone like herself into the fray, but it seems she had a shadow behind her in the guise of someone somewhat intimidating to maybe his Darklings. He stood scanning the two as they made empty threats and spoke endless insults.

No Caption Provided

He looked to his bride and subtly waved a finger telling her not quite yet, he stepped forward into the light of a nearby Street lamp. The sun had just begun to set and cast a marvelous variety of shadows. They waved behind him on the concrete like eels ready to snap at the closest object. They were alive but just behind the veil he controlled, an intimidating tactic to see if the new face would budget. He knew SHE wouldn't, he'd met her a single time before and knew she was full of it, so his shadows and shapes would never scare her in their current state.

"You pluck your arrows from their quiver and yet you have not released them, are you smart enough to know that they will do nothing against me or..." his Queen had disappeared. He knew she hadn't left him, more so she was preparing it would seem, he kept their focus on him. "It took you two hours to even crawl from whatever hole you were in to help your people.... And they call me the villain. Hahahaha I've only taken a few lives this day. Should I take even more to bring the real heroes out of the caves. Or has your job changed since last time I blessed this planet." a snap sounded as the Ichorborn he had created earlier leaped for the male teeth ready to tear flesh.

As the beast distracted the male another snap of Gen's finger and his Darklings crawled from the shadows and started attacking anything that moved.

Avatar image for aelia_stormwind
#1754 Posted by Aelia_Stormwind (275 posts) - - Show Bio
#1755 Edited by Darkchild (42970 posts) - - Show Bio
#1756 Posted by Aelia_Stormwind (275 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkchild: Do you remember where, or what happened?

#1757 Posted by Darkchild (42970 posts) - - Show Bio
#1758 Posted by Aelia_Stormwind (275 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkchild: I remember something with Antonia, and another with Trinity in France...Huh. Shrug.

Well, unless something emergency comes up this'll be at the top of my to-do list once I get some free time at work tomorrow. [Unless...are we waiting for Crimson? I'm not entirely sure if we're adhering to an order or just semi-flowing for now.]

#1759 Posted by Darkchild (42970 posts) - - Show Bio
#1760 Posted by ParagonxXx (3999 posts) - - Show Bio

@aelia_stormwind: I was planning on posting tomorrow. But if you want to post again, by all means.

#1761 Edited by CrimsonDeath (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@arquitenens: @darkchild: @phenomenal:

No Caption Provided

Finallly! Some heroes show up. Crimson thinks to herself. Then her face twitches uncontrollably before holding her hand to her head as if going through some sort of inner struggle. That struggle, however, is gone now and she pouts at Darkchild as he waves his finger, indicating it is not time to attack them yet. She turns invisible, ready and prepared.

When Darkchild's underlings begin to attack anything that moves, Crimson Death makes her own plan of attack. Using her power to shape shift, she turns into something straight out of most people's nightmares. A monster with large claws, a wicked tail and huge teeth.

From behind both her enemies, Crimson becomes visible again and she tries to bombarding their minds with searing pain and images of all kinds of evil with a mighty telepathic assault. She attempts this to in order to try and bring them both to their knees and beg her to stop. Regardless of success, she states through a monstrous voice, "What we want are trophies. And when you are dead, we shall take them from you."

#1762 Posted by Arquitenens (11973 posts) - - Show Bio

@phenomenal: @darkchild: @crimsondeath:

Turning her gaze upward to the new arrival, Abby scanned his features with her one good eye. He readily identified himself as an ally, but not one she recognised. The NOOCS would be able to scan and search for a match, but not yet. First London's self-appointed terrors of the day demanded her full attention.

Monologue, check. Delusions of grandeur? Double-check. Taking stock of her surroundings, the sudden disappearance of a major threat wasn't something that normally escaped the notice of the veteran heroine, and a little light mockery wasn't about to change that. Sapphire rings flashed in both eyes. Across the city numerous others received coded signals through the Dord Fiann, directing them to mobilise, aiding with civilian evacuation and enemy dispatch.

Now she could act. Just as the Ichorborn lunged Abigail released an arrow, split-second mental calculations dictating flight path based on distance and relative velocities to embed the arrow into its neck. But the result, she wouldn't see, as a searing pain shot through the base of her skull and radiated outward, crippling for a split second despite her in-born resistance. Combat instincts took over and the archer threw herself into a roll with a grunt as she hit the ground. Rolling upright, she'd already made an about-face—Release-Nock-Releaserapidfiring the remaining two arrows at the fallen former heroine. Sometime in that same span another found itself clenched in her fist.

"'Darkchild,' 'trophies?' What is this, primary school?" she groaned, still shaking off the effects of the telepathic assault but never hesitating for a second. She bolted straight for the Crimson Death, apparently intent on engaging the beast in melee.

#1763 Posted by Phenomenal (64 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkchild: @crimsondeath: @arquitenens:

Abigail Aensland. To look upon her was to look upon a light. A light golden like her hair, and of the redemptive power she'd used to become the world's greatest hero. The hero who defied Ivana and her Shogunate, defeated Charlemagne, and cast Satar out Gothic City. So as his swords gleamed, the Phenomenal One felt no concern for her safety. She has faced worse odds and triumphed. She would fight her best fight, he need only fight his. And yet, Raees felt the sting of a psychic shard poking his mind. A sting that swarmed sharp and hot but came to pass, warded off by the nanobots in his contact lenses. Together, they sang a song, a chorus of balancing and neutralizing frequencies to hush the strength of non-EM energies. Psychic energy included.

If not for his contact lenses, he'd have fallen. Surrendered to nightmare visions that could cripple the soul. Instead, Raees shook his head, sheathed his swords and as Abigail rushed at Crimson Death - he cast his eyes on Darkchild. Looking him up and down, his gaze a sapphire blade cutting through the Dark and into the Child, Raees rolled his neck and smiled. "Not that I didn't fancy the monologue", he paused, a shrug and nonchalant jump as he dropped from rooftop to sidewalk, "But I've grown a little bored with counting how often I hear them from you super-villain lot", Raees taunted, deducing that any man willing to waste their breath on monologues had a fragile ego in need of stroking - and vulnerable to disrespect. Plucking a pen from his pocket, the Phenomenal One chuckled, "Well shit... should've been a gun". But instead, a pen, Mont Blanc, the Meisterstück Moon Pearl to be exact. Or so it seemed. For while he faked a mistake, the pen - iridescent like a pearl in moonlight - was no true pen.

Instead, it was a weapon. One that with a quick click'd fire hypersonic fin-stabilized darts. Darts that shot through what bullets couldn't. Yet as Raees clicked away at his pen, firing dart after dart at Darkchild, they threatened more. In the darts were nanites ready to block Darkchild's Protein Kinase C zeta/PKM/zeta enzyme and PRKCZ gene. Both of which the brain needed to keep it's memories. And in this case, Darkchild's memories of how to harness and use his own powers. Hopefully he has a brain, Raees thought, intent on de-powering his foe by making Darkchild forget how to access their powers altogether. But Raees was no fool. Darkchild was powerful, outrageously so. So he offered him no breathing room and chucked at him, three canisters, all to detonate, and all carrying the most corrosive agent known to man, a superacid quadrillions of times stronger than sulfuric acid. Fluoroantimonic acid.

And it'd tear Darkchild's electrons asunder and rip apart his molecular structure till all that remained of him was a corrosive soup of eaten flesh and bones burned from the fluorine in the acid bonding with the calcium in his skeleton.

#1764 Posted by Darkchild (42970 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry for delay I'll have something soon

#1765 Posted by Tranquil (3878 posts) - - Show Bio
#1766 Posted by Darkchild (42970 posts) - - Show Bio

@arquitenens: @phenomenal: @crimsondeath:

Bored....he felt nothing but boredom as the state of affairs quickly turned into another moment he had seen all too many times before. The woman would move to his Queen, perhaps thinking he cared deeply for her sake. But the woman would learn fast that his Queen need not for a worry as she was something else entirely. Something that would tear Arquitenens apart without a second thought, and had he been able to watch it unfold he might of found some form of entertainment...but the other one began to prattle on about how he was talking like all the others he had known before.

Gen looked at the young man covered head to toe in something that resembled poly carbon fitting, but quickly his gaze moved to what was in his hand. "A pen....? Who is this boy, James Bonds illegitimate child?" he thought to himself just as the clicking began, with each click a single dart took aim and fired at Darkchild. "Hes not this foolish cant be....an arrow....no...something has to be..." thinking fast Gen opened his mouth and a surge of Ichorborn burst from his throat and poured out covering the first flurry of darts. Each worm went catatonic as their abilities were erased from their memories, a smile ran across Gens face finally. A final dart got closest and in an instant was embedded in a Darkling that Gen had grabbed from the shadows. Watching the darkling go limp he chuckled and shook it "Dont die you little heathen...make yourself useful and return to the In-Between. Go to the laboratory once you're there." Gen wanted to learn more of this chemical the young man used. He was connected to both his Darklings and the Ichorborn so he could feel what they felt, and all that were hit by the darts were confused and unable to tap into their abilities.

Knowing that his first attack could easily have been avoided the newcomer unleashed three canisters that hit the ground in front of Darkchild and rolled towards him before exploding. A cloud of an unknown substance cleared the area where Darkchild had been standing. Darklings and Ichor began to dissolve into pools of gelatinous goop right before their eyes, screams of horror echoed from the piles of goop as each creature was rendered inert. But Darkchild was nowhere to be seen only the shadows remained where he had stood.

For a brief moment the area fell silent as the last echoes drifted from what remained of Darkchilds creatures, then the shadows that remained came to life and shot forward turning solid and into barbs that moved in a wave towards the man. It was an attempt at forcing him backwards further into the shadows behind him, shadows which Darkchild burst from his hands glowing bright with red energy as he clapped his hands together causing a massive explosion of energy that burst forward towards the young man in an attempt at engulfing him in a wave of energy that could very well tear him limb from limb.

#1767 Posted by CrimsonDeath (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@arquitenens: @phenomenal: @darkchild:

Raees proves too resistant to take down telepathically as Crimson Death's telepathic assault barely registers a response from him. So, she leaves the man to Darkchild and focuses instead on Abigail. Easily catching the arrow shot at her, Death tosses it aside with a casual gesture, "Really? Arrows?" And then Abigail has the stones to try and come at her to engage in a hand-to-hand fight. Brave or foolish? The Crimson Death is going for neither. Ignorance is the word. Abigail has no idea who she is up against.

Changing quickly into her normal black and red with blue skin and red glowing eyes, Crimson let's Abigail get in close. Then, if the heroine tries any punch or kick, the Crimson Death goes intangible so the attack passes right through her. Hopefully, this is unexpected and causes Abigail to lose her balance. With a casual shove, Crimson tries to send Abigail through one of the building's windows. It may be a casual shove, but to her (if it succeeds) it may feel like being shoved by a Gorilla. Strong and powerful. Abigail may, or may not, get the sense that Crimson is playing with her. If the attack is successful, Crimson floats through the window and telekinetically sends every shard of broken glass at Abigail like throwing knives in an attempt to cut her up.

#1768 Posted by Arquitenens (11973 posts) - - Show Bio

Curiosity slightly piqued by the villain's continual transformations, Abby filed the information elsewhere in her mind in case she needed the catalogue later. Additionally the NOOCS fed physical information in real-time as the two parties engaged. Against unknown quantities such as these, she'd almost certainly have to gain more information before attempting a decisive attack. Arquitenens could be patient.

Striking with her clenched fist, Abby whiffed and caught nothing—but her balance was impeccable and she remained directly in front of the villainess. One didn't live through the conflicts she had, achieved the things she had and become the premier heroine of the modern era by making amateur mistakes like overcommitting to a strike telegraphed from that far away; against an inhuman opponent at that. Here, the telegraph itself was something of a set-up. She swung, missed, and changed levels as she spun out of harm's way, nocking the next arrow onto the bowstring. Crouching, legs loaded like springs, Arquitenens threw herself backwards while firing the arrow at point-blank range, not through Crimson Death, but deliberately aimed only to graze her cheek.

"What're ye, extendin' yer moral code to murderous psychopathic daemons now?" she could hear Diarmuid's consciousness manifesting in the back of her own, but forced it down as she disengaged. "You 'I can't believe it's arrows' types are a dime a dozen," she taunted, weaving a wide path around Crimson Death with several parting shots. "What can I say? They're versatile." Not a second later, yet another, apparently dropped at Crimson's feet during their brief close-quarters engagement, would explode on cue, sending glass and other shrapnel in all directions. Yet while observing carefully for her enemy's reaction, Abigail was not fully attentive to what was happening in front of her.

#1769 Edited by Phenomenal (64 posts) - - Show Bio

The silence didn't elude him. Instead, it hung far too thick in the air. And the Phenomenal One - a man as finely tuned to decapitate as he was to charm - stood with more than his senses on high alert. Wrapped around his wrist, a watch, Raymond Weil in name and custom in design, glimmered with gold - and knowing. His watch caught the hum of subconscious brain activity from his enemies' supplementary motor areas, predicted their short-term actions and it alerted him. MOVE. He refused. Barbs of darkness tore through the air to rip at his flesh, and Raees - lit by the fire in his reckless spirit - intercepted with the thermal roar of chucked grenades. They erupted, and threatened to swallow Darkchild's monsters into a flaming maw.

Yet behind him, Raees caught the loud whistle of a gale, and the red glare of a coming wave of energy. He felt his skin tighten from it's rising heat, and the weight of London's mortality sat heavy on his brow. The energy was enormous. And it threatened him with death. His superhuman muscles twitched, and he burst into a sprint - 100 km/h - to evade the specter of death. He ran, circled, growled away the sharp pain of his burns, and from his pocket, plucked yet another Mont Blanc pen. He took aim, smirked and fired not rounds but precision lasers, streams of photons screaming at 299,792 km/s - the speed of light - to evict the electrons from Darkchild's atoms and blasting away his energy and heat at the atomic level. His fate? At worst? Death. At best? A frozen and weakened body with little energy for basic biological processes.

Darkchild was dangerous. Powerful. Far too much for him to engage in close range. Raees had little choice but to outthink and outmaneuver him. A step too wrong and a reaction too slow, and his death would be instant. Here, against Darkchild, the Phenomenal One'd had to be perfect. And that thought sent a rush swarming through him.

#1770 Posted by Darkchild (42970 posts) - - Show Bio

@phenomenal:

He smiled for the briefest of moments as the smell of burnt flesh and fabric filled the air, he took in a deep breath as he was corporeal for just a moment. But the moment was too long and he was brash, taking in the smell of his momentary victory he did not anticipate the reaction that the Phenom would counter with.

The lasers struck the darkness he had become one with and his upper torso that had hung just out of reach of the darkness as he attacked, he could feel the burning and near paralyzing sensation of the lasers. They burned and nearly atomized for not his metallic skin they would have ripped straight through him, his skin allowed him a single moment to react to the feeling of burning and searing pain that filled his mind.

Rolling out from the shadows he hit the ground hard with a thump and continued to roll, turning over and skidding into a knelt down position. Staring at the Phenom he glared and then smiled reacting fast he ran straight towards the laser attired Phenom just as he closed in he slammed a fist into the ground and leaped over the young man, hoping to keep his attention as he leaped and landed with a wicked smile.

As he punched the ground before leaping he caused himself to create an dupe one with his exact mental facilities yet without his assortment of powers, this dupe made from his darkness and shadows that leaped over the Phenom leaving the real Darkchild directly in front of him. Now even closer he hoped that the dupes distraction allowed him a second chance at vaporizing the young man with another burst of energy. He thrust a closed fist towards the rib-cage of the Phenom and just as his fist should connect a huge burst of searing energy white hot exploded from his entire arm in a wave that if connected would wash over the Phenom. He hoped it wouldn't kill the young man....but if it did then Gen would know he was not worthy of staying in his New World.

#1771 Posted by CrimsonDeath (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@arquitenens: @phenomenal: @darkchild: (OOC: Sorry this took so long)

The arrow does graze Crimson's cheek, but appears to inflict no damage. The arrow that drops at her feet only to explode, sending shrapnel everywhere, also does not phase Crimson. She looks up at the archer, "As I said: Arrows? Really? You'll need to do much better than that to hurt me." Crimson smiles, using her power cosmic to reform the various pieces of shrapnel into a spear, before she telekinetically throws it at the archer with the force of a hurricane, trying to pin her to the wall.

Crimson smiles, "I'm a heavyweight darling, your a featherweight. I could kill you at any time, but I'm still waiting to see if you actually do manage to hurt me. Your out of your depth. The only way to survive is to flee."

#1772 Posted by Arquitenens (11973 posts) - - Show Bio

Tch! Not even a scratch?

Ego aside, the bitch was half-right. The opening act was done and none of the usual offence had any effect. Time for the feeling-out phase to end.

A thought which could scarcely have been stamped more clearly than it had been across her body. Abigail tucked her shoulder and slipped—a hair's breadth too slow. Although the trion in her armor did well to mitigate the force of the attack, and even though it'd only been a glancing blow, it struck with enough force to spin the heroine 720 degrees on her way to the ground with an emphatic 𝘛𝘏𝘜𝘋.

Wish mum would've taught me a silence spell, but I'll settle for shutting you up the old-fashioned way.

No Caption Provided

A kip-up. She dusted herself off and replaced the bow on her back. "Whine some more, child," she spat but quickly seemed to get a hold of herself. "Fine, I'll dance for you." And she broke into a sprint. Arquitenens rushed Crimson Death with nothing but her hands. Mimicking esoteric tutting movements such as those utilised by Emilie and Dülhamit Aensland, sparks arced between her fingertips and hands themselves in a continuous arc. Power from within fed the reactor within her hands, enhanced through the trion weave gloves which themselves fed on Abigail's power, creating a physical feedback loop. One after another after another, bolt after bolt arced from her hands to strike at the villainess with no less fury than a pure elemental.

Having taken stock of her surroundings despite the chaotic circumstance, another "stray" bolt lashed through the air seeking to grievously wound if not vaporize the second Darkchild that'd appeared to harass Mason as well. Yet she only ever seemed to take stock of their clash through her periphery, if that. The moment she began casting, her eye kept fixed on Crimson Death.

#1773 Posted by Phenomenal (64 posts) - - Show Bio

Like a flare going off in his mind, Raees' watch screamed it's precognitive warning - DISTRACTION. And the Phenomenal One stood firm, trusting first in his watch, and second in Abigail's stray bolt. By the flash and thrum of magic, her aid swept in to leave nothing of Darkchild's dupe behind but ash. And it was as glorious as she was pure. Again his watch screamed, rocking his mind with a tale of foretold pain - his pain. Behind his mask, Raees smirked. Perfect, he thought. To outwit and outthink were his callings. He'd foreseen his foe's intent, and he now sought to make him pay dearly for it. For the Phenomenal One, combat was a game of telling lies and making a foe pay for believing him.

In Darkchild's mind, Raees was a toy. A gnat. Nothing. Less than nothing. And it fell on the Extraordinary Man to pounce on this chance like a jaguar. Raees feigned fatigue, yet as Darkchild uncorked his fist, the Phenomenal One's hands came alive. Both held his custom Mont Blanc pens. His right? The memory wiper? And his left? The atomic freezer. And both screamed through the air as every twitch of Raees' superhuman muscle fibers roared for him to stab both pens into the sides of Darkchild's head. He'd click them both, and the first pen'd pour a swarm of nanites into Darkchild's brain and threaten to do what it'd so spectacularly failed to do before; stop Darkchild's Protein Kinase C zeta/PKM-zeta enzyme and PRKCZ gene and strip him of the memory and information of how to access his own powers. Perhaps in making a limp organ of his foe's brain, he'd be spared the full brunt of Darkchild's wave of energy.

The second pen'd follow, shooting a final burst of photons, each one soaring at the speed of light to knock the electrons from the atoms in Darkchild's brain like a gale, and blast away all the energy heat of it's atomic structure. The brain'd freeze, and with no energy for atomic processes - die. But should he fail, should Darkchild seem an invincible tyrant, the risk'd be great. Raees'd be swallowed whole by a thermal wave. And though his armor'd absorb and shun as much as it could of Darkchild's energy, the Phenomenal One'd still be flung back, blasted away like a swatted fly with his flesh scorched and his wounds great. Wounded, severely, but not dead. Still alive, and still willing to stand and fight.

He had to. How could he not with Abigail - defender of the good that these villains were making a mockery of - by his side? He would stand. His confidence was ironclad and his tricks were many.

#1774 Posted by Strife_7 (278 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh, you guys need help? Looks like it.

#1775 Posted by NecroticKiss (27 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for catalina_liafador
#1776 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova

No Caption Provided

It'd been a couple of weeks since she and Zoe spent time together, though their night on Luna Island was manufactured by a gross amount of Jack Daniels and self pity (On Cat's part) the two of them decided the chemistry was there and the dating game began.

She hadn't actually told anyone that she'd started dating, much less another woman; Maricela sort of teased the notion that she was seeing someone but wasn't exactly sure. She specifically hadn't told Maricela, because she was raised catholic by her adoptive parents. For whatever reason the young demi-goddess, still followed her faith. Even attending Mass on her own.

After confirming that Zoe could make it for some quality time, the Catalan Countess departed Daytonville international in her very own invisible jet. (Yes I got a fricken invisible jet, because it's about time someone fricken did it!) The only real downside was that, no one told her it'd look like she was just sitting in the air.

Cat arrived at London Heathrow having already booked the AIRBNB in the Chelsea area. An area that'll allow them to do and see most of the sites within central London.

No Caption Provided

The 5'11 olive-toned Liafador move through the airport with her raven tinted hair bouncing off her shoulders. From the pit corner of her eyes she could see people eying her, staring into her soul. Did they know she was Catalina? or did they assume she was Ziccarra?

That's when she heard them whisper, 'That's the woman who was sitting in the sky' 'oh of course that's why they were looking at her. She just landed an invisible jet.

She arrived to the three story apartment in Edith Grove, she was pretty sure there was a 'projects' across the street but the apartment was nice. She bought various oils and soaps from Daytonville for Zoe things she probably couldn't get in the states.

'HEY, WHERE ARE YOU?' She messaged as she poured herself a glass of wine.

#1777 Posted by ParagonxXx (3999 posts) - - Show Bio
#1778 Edited by Feral Nova (58210 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador:

Ok, first off, Zoe was super early when she arrived in London. Like, two hours early. She was nervous, and had never traveled to London before. She didn’t know where anything was and while she could use her phone and GPS like a boss, she was just… super excited to be spending time with her girlfriend. So she arrived two hours early, wanting to make sure she knew exactly where she was going, maybe grab a coffee because there was an eight hour time difference from Los Angeles and she didn’t want to accidentally start yawning while she was spending with her girlfriend. Girlfriend… that was still weird to think. Not a bad weird! Just… she never thought she would have a girlfriend.

But enough of about that! Why was she running late? Well, Zoe was trying to be polite, but nooooooooo the British Government didn’t like that. Zoe came down in her usual blazing glory, landing at the London City Airport with all the poise and grace of a Fire Goddess. But the moment her feet landed, police were waiting for her. They took her to an interrogation room and began questioning her, why was she here? Business or pleasure? Did she know anyone in London? Had she ever been to London before? No? Well why today? She sat behind the table, annoyed, hungry and tired from her long flight.

It wasn’t until two hours later that they FINALLY let her go! First thing she did? She ripped her phone out of her purse and saw a text from Cat. Shoot… she was late!

'HEY, WHERE ARE YOU?'

‘Just down the street, be there in ten! <3’

No Caption Provided

She began to rush out of the airport as quickly as she could without looking crazy. Some people looking at her with curiosity while others seemed to have recognized her, pulling out their phones and trying to sneak a picture. Couple of people tried stopping her but all she could shout as she power walked away, “Sorry, I’m late for an important date!”.

As she made her way through, holding her phone in the palm of her hand as the GPS was leading her the way. Mumbles of uncertainty could have been heard as she rubbed the back of her head, as she looked around confused where she was going. But when her phone spoke “Arrived”, even more confusion washed over her as she looked up at the ivory apartment complex. She looked down at her casual wear and felt suuuuuper under dressed.

Walk up to the door she found the room as she gave a knock before opening the unlocked door. “Heya Cat? It’s me, I’m so sorry I’m late.” She apologized before she even saw her. As she closed the door behind her she looked at the interior of the apartment and her mouth hung open as she pulled off her sunglasses. “Woah.” this made her personal apartment look like a dirty old shack.

But as she stepped further in, she saw Catalina, elegantly sitting with a glass of wine in her hand. She couldn’t help but light up with a smile as she walked up to The Goddess, no longer paying attention to anything else in the apartment but her. “Hey babe.” Zoe walked up, leaning down to her as she gave her a tender kiss, lingering just long enough to enjoy the warmth of her lips against hers. “I've missed you.”

#1779 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova:

I planned the perfect...
I planned the perfect...

Cat's eyes dart toward Zoe's strut down the hall, as she entered the living area the Catalan Countess couldn't hide her excitement. "Hey trouble maker" She said directing her index finger toward the bottom of the tv, a caption read that Zoe had been taken in for questions by English authorities.

Despite the two of them having already had sex, kissing was still awkward; she didn't know why, perhaps it was the feeling of knowing it was coming that made it weird, but as Zoe's lips pressed against hers, the feeling subside--and all was normal again.

"I missed you too actually" She returned genuinely, after a rather emotional dismissal as Tassi's primary care provider; patching up relations with her brother among other things--this week proved to be mentally exhausting.

"I planned the perfect evening. I've already covered the expenses so all you have to do is enjoy yourself..." Cat's eyes drop down eying Zoe's outfit. "And change your forking clothes" Fashion wasn't something she typically cared for as a matter of fact she hated it. But Catalina had this vision of how the date was going to be, so much so that she'd bought all new clothes--including her current outfit.

"I'm not saying I don't like what you have on it's just...I don't like what you have on. Plus it's soo conspicuous; people already know you're here. If you get caught on camera and they do any fishing into who I am. I'm in trouble"

Cat moved just inches from Zoe interlocking her fingers sending her cinnamon tinted eyes charging into the azure gaze of her 5'7 girlfriend. "Or at least consider it. Besides. I bought us some stuff for when we come back to the room later too" She said appearing to give Zoe a choice but not really. "Hurry along we have to be ready in a few. Or our reservations will expire"

#1780 Edited by Feral Nova (58210 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador:

As she pulled away she looked over at the screen her face slightly cringed as she mouthed ‘Oops’. She didn’t mean to draw the attention to her. They came here to get away, and Zoe kinda sorta ruined that now. She was going to have to be more careful. The two of them were trying to keep their relationship away from any attention… at all. It was a mutual agreement between the two to keep it as private as possible. The less eyes were on them, the more they could just enjoy being with each other without worry of being on the next Entertainment Weekly or any other celebrity gossip magazine making up stories about them and exposing them to the world before they even told their families... or... at least Cat. The only family Zoe had was her Aunt, but they never spoke unless it was Feral Nova related issues. Not to mention with technology of today, it was going to be a bit of a challenge, it was going to take work from both of them, work that Zoe was more than willing to do.

While she knew Catalina was going through some 'family stuff' (because that's all Cat would say when Zoe would ask what was wrong) and she knew how stressed she had been, Zoe just didn’t know the exact depth of it. She never pried information from Cat. If she wanted to talk about it, Zoe was here for her, always, but if she didn’t want to, she respected it. It may have been silly, but she always tried to send her stupid little filter pictures daily to try and make her laugh or even just smile. Sometimes it worked, sometimes she would just get a ‘wtf’ text.

But Cat seemed really excited for whatever she planned out for the two of them. Honestly, Zoe was just as excited. She was still nervous though, she didn't want to disappoint Cat. Worried she might say the wrong thing, or do the wrong thing or something bad happen. Like... if some crazy villain popped up? What do they do? Just go about their date? She just wanted to have a nice, intimate evening, with her beautiful girlfriend.... was that too much to ask? Hopefully not.

She could feel Cat eyeing her outfit up and down and she already knew what was coming before she even opened her mouth.

"And change your forking clothes. I'm not saying I don't like what you have on it's just...I don't like what you have on."

I wont say 'no'
I wont say 'no'

She looked down at her outfit. “Whaaat? It’s the shoes isn’t it? I knew I should have just worn my combat boots instead.” She teased, knowing full well that the born Goddess hated them. But as Cat made her case, Zoe surrendered and bowed her head playfully in defeat. “Alright, I’ll go change.” With an almost hop in her step she began to make her way to the bedroom to change. “If this is an excuse to see me naked I wont say ‘no’, just sayinnnnnnng!”

It just took a few minutes as Zoe walked back in a more Catalina approved outfit. With exaggeration in every step she took, she pretended she walking down a catwalk, strutting her new outfit and giving a little twirl at the end before extending her hand out to Cat playfully. "Shall we?"

#1781 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova:

No Caption Provided

She smirk there was something about Zoe that just naturally brought a smile to the face of the Young Liafador, It was something she hadn't felt since her doomed relationship with Bishop all those years ago. This relationship, much like Maricela was hers. As much as she loved her younger sisters, she appreciate Zoe for being something she willingly chose--not someone she was with out of sense of duty.

Taking the Fire Goddess's hand the two strut down the hallway and eventually out the door. The town was busy, as most towns were; but the suffocating feeling of despair that oft choke many major cities was absent.

"We're going to a restaurant called the Five Fields, I read the recommendations for it so I really want to try" She said standing next to Zoe while trying to hail one of the old fashion looking taxes. Of course Zoe could fly, and she could teleport, but the aim of the date was to enjoy the small things--even something as simple as waiting for a taxi with each other.

"Then I figured we'd head over to the London Eye, See Big Ben; then maybe take a tour down the river? Lastly head to the pub for a few drinks." Cat's 5'11 frame stood out like a beacon on the sidewalk within minutes the two of them were in the back of a taxi on their way to the restaurant.

"I bet you didn't even look into the Victoria Secret bag I left on the bed did you?" Cat asked hands still interlocked but her attention out the window on London passing them by. "All I'm going to say is that stuff isn't for me"A grin cut her face as finally she placed her attention back on Zoe.

Back in Daytonville, Cat took up a job as a restorative painter. She was able to take old relics and restore the coating; it wasn't something she actually learned how to do; rather something that seemingly lay dormant in her until she decided to pick up a paint brush. It paid her bills...like really really paid her bills; and financed her expenses for this trip.

"Anyways, other than being detained at customs how was your day what did you do?"

#1782 Posted by Feral Nova (58210 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador:

She never really realized how much taller Catalina was until the two were standing at the sidewalk next to each other. She watched as the Spanish Goddess began to try and hail a cab for the two, raising her free hand up in the air. She couldn’t help but just… admire at her with a soft smile as the sun shined down upon her, detailing her curves and athletic frame that came with being a warrior... and probably perfect genes.

"We're going to a restaurant called the Five Fields, I read the recommendations for it so I really want to try. Then I figured we'd head over to the London Eye, See Big Ben; then maybe take a tour down the river? Lastly head to the pub for a few drinks."

Zoe had never been to London before, so the two of them being able to sight see a bit together was going to be exciting. “It all sounds great. I can’t believe I’ve never been here before.” She admitted as her eyes began to finally wonder around her surroundings. “What a waste of flight ability.” Zoe chuckled at herself as the two slid into the cab.

"I bet you didn't even look into the Victoria Secret bag I left on the bed did you? All I'm going to say is that stuff isn't for me"

As Cat spoke, she caught herself continue to stare at her. The moment Cat turned her attention to her, Zoe’s eyes quickly diverted to her own lap as her cheeks became tinted with pink from embarrassment. God she was probably looking like a creepy stalker person the way she had been staring at her. Wait, Victoria Secret bag? Oh god was that the same bag she accidentally knocked off the bed when she was trying to get her pants on? “Oh? Are you sure?” Zoe couldn’t help allow a small teasing smile appear on lips as she turned back to look at Cat. “Well… it sounds like I'm going to have to give you a private modeling session when we get back.”

"Anyways, other than being detained at customs how was your day what did you do?"

"You mean aside from homework and studying?" She gave a small laugh. With her hand still interlocked with Cats she gave a nervous smile, shifting her eyes away. “Well… actually.... I think I’m going to make the move out of Los Angeles like I told you about.” She had already told Cat (through one of her daily texts) that she was thinking about moving away from Los Angeles. After everything that happened in her life, she just felt like she couldn’t get the new start on life she wanted. “I came here from Valor City. I was staying there for the last week.” Not that, that was a secret, she had been sending her selfies on a daily basis posing at different areas around the city. “You know, just checking things out. Like the university and such. I… I kinda really like it there. Feels... right. You know? Oh! Before I ask you about your day, I almost forgot! I picked this up.” she pulled her hand away from Cat for a moment as she turned her attention to her purse. “It’s… it’s nothing like what you have in that mysterious Victoria secrets bag back at the apartment, or anything amazing like you planned out for us, but… well… I just hope you like it.”

She pulled out a small crimson box with a simple black fabric bow tied around it with one hand as she gently grasped one of Catalina’s hand carefully placed the box in her hand. While Zoe wasn't as rich as the Liafador family had been throughout the years, through her families business (Blaze Saw Manufacture currently ran by friends of the family) Zoe was still considered to be wealthy. Just not news worthy wealthy. After all, who really pays attention to saw manufactures? Though if you looked at Zoe's wardrobe you would think she was anything but wealthy. But back to the box!

The once hero of the City of Angels sat, waiting anxiously for Cat to open the box, her eyes fixated on her face, wanting to see her expression the moment she saw it.

Round Ruby Link Bracelet in White Gold
Round Ruby Link Bracelet in White Gold

#1783 Posted by Rosso (5411 posts) - - Show Bio
#1784 Posted by superion_prime (265 posts) - - Show Bio
#1785 Posted by NecroticKiss (27 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry guys I'm very very sorry

Life's been for lack of better word crazy

#1786 Posted by ParagonxXx (3999 posts) - - Show Bio

@arquitenens: @rosso: @phenomenal: (OOC: I didn't want to leave this hanging, so this is my closing post)

As Arq throws her her energy bolts at Crimson Death, they hit. A sizzling sound is hurt, accompanied by the smell of burnt flesh. A scream. Crimson's body rocks back as she stumbles, being unprepared for energy. Finally, Arq has found a weapon in which to hurt Crimson. The villain hisses, sharp fangs showing themselves. And then she vanishes into thin air, turning invisible and phasing through the wall in order to escape. The heroes have won the day, but it's bittersweet since Crimson and Darkchild have taken dozens of lives already.

#1787 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova:

Zoe's choice to move from LA to Valor City wasn't a secret, the two of them were in constant contact throughout the time they'd spent apart. Part of her wanted Zoe to move to Daytonville, she'd be able to attend Daytonville University; the two of them would be closer; get to see more of each other. Then there was the part of her that was glad the two of them had space.

No Caption Provided

This thing between her and Zoe, she liked it. Despite Zoe's odd knack for staring at her all the time, the Fire Goddess generally made her happy. Valor City wasn't a bad city, and it put just enough space between Zoe and the one thing that could shatter their relationship. The Liafador Family Problems.

Before the young goddess could chime in her eyes drop to a small red box with an opaque bow attached. Her eyebrow curved with curiosity, even more once Zoe placed the box in her hand.

"Uh, what the fck is this?" Cat asked trying not to lose her fabricated tough exterior. Her head drop down to the box. The back to Zoe. Back to the box.

Flipping the lid on the box her gaze anchored her attention on the White Gold bracelet. Her jaw came ajar, it was beautiful. Cat tried to conjure words but she could only stammer over the word 'I' She truthfully couldn't remember the last person that gave her anything, maybe Cherish for her birthday all those years ago? (Tassi's mud pies didn't count)

"Zoe, th-thank you" She continued her superficial barrier breaking as her words came out a bit rigid. Closing the distance between Cat's arms circumvent her girlfriends neck as she fervidly press her full lips against Zoe's. Cat's gratitude could be felt in each of her doting kiss.

"Fk..." She whispered retreating back to her end of the taxi fanning herself as the emotions and the kiss raise her body temperature. Adorning the bracelet, Cat's eyes continue to devour Zoe's beauty, so much until she became the weird one. Turning away with an uncharismatic smile with a knuckle parting her red lips, the moment however ended when she made inadvertent eye contact with the Taxi driver.

"What the hell are you looking at" She hiss causing him to shift focus back to driving. Soon thereafter the two were in front of the Five Field Restaurant, though as they arrived it was clear both were underdressed; but Cat's ability to mentally "persuade" came into play and the two soon had a table.

It was fancy, pale lime-washed floors, copper backed hessian walls and various sculptures from presumably sculptors from around the United Kingdom. She clutch Zoe closely still grinning, somewhat from excitement, somewhat for being thankful . She was defiantly going to have to pull out HER outfit from Victoria's Secret.

Not sure if that's
Not sure if that's

As they sat across from one another she leaned over with each of Zoe's hands held hostage. There was no tough exterior, no wards; just her.

"I just need to say. I'm happy. That's probably the first time in my life that I've ever said those words, but it's true. You make me feel--different"

She said unsure as to if Zoe understood what she was trying to say. She was never good at expressing her emotions, not the good ones anyway. It was always easier to hate, because in her mind hate could be justified. She'd been so far detached from most of her other feelings embracing them now appeared--terrifying.

"I, feel vulnerable around you. I'm not exactly sure if that's a good or a bad thing. But I am really interested in how all this develops. I mean us, I-I-I'm talking about us"

It was weird she spoke slow and calculated, almost as if she were thinking of each word as it left her mouth, internally she was kicking herself; how could she allow Zoe's silly little bracelet to turn her into a stammering idiot.

#1788 Posted by Rosso (5411 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx: Aww! I liked Crimson. I enjoyed her banter.

Maybe in time we'll get to run it back with you guys. [Or she'll be saved from herself!]

#1789 Edited by ParagonxXx (3999 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso: Agreed! I was really enjoying this RP with you. ~_^

We'll definitely do it again sometime. :-)

#1790 Posted by Feral Nova (58210 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador:

Cat’s reaction to the bracelet completely caught her off guard as she was pulled into a fiery kiss. As the two pulled away she felt breathless, her cheeks redden as she softly spoke “Y-you’re welcome.” before breaking into a smile. She bit the inside of her lower lip, taking a deep breath a her eyes looked at the bracelet, making sure that it really was just a bracelet and not something else by mistake. The two continually caught each other just being fixated on one another for the remainder of the drive. She knew the taxi driver was eyeing the two of them, but Zoe didn’t care. Let him stare. But Cat on the other hand... she snapped at him and Zoe couldn’t help but laugh, having to cover her mouth to muffle herself to avoid upsetting Cat or drawing more attention from the driver. The poor taxi driver, he didn’t ask for this.

But as the two walked into the restaurant arm and arm Zoe couldn’t help but notice that everyone was super duper fancy and… she was totally not fancy. Her head began slowly moving in all direction as she began taking in everything around her. “This is really fancy.” she murmured, her eyes made their way back to her Spanish Goddess who was still smiling, and she couldn’t help it, it was contagious to her, Zoe smiled as well.

While the two sat, she could feel the gentle warmth of Catalina’s hands grow. She… looked different. Not a bad different. But… she didn’t look to have that wall put up she always had up. It was like… for the first time she was seeing Cat just… as Cat. She could tell she wanted to say something, so Zoe stayed quiet and patiently waited, not paying attention to the eyes occasionally looking over at the two women who couldn’t seem to waver their eyes away from each other.

"I just need to say. I'm happy. That's probably the first time in my life that I've ever said those words, but it's true. You make me feel--different I, feel vulnerable around you. I'm not exactly sure if that's a good or a bad thing. But I am really interested in how all this develops. I mean us, I-I-I'm talking about us"

No Caption Provided

Her face softened with gratitude of Catalina opening up to her on this level, her eyes beginning to tear up. She knew Cat never felt comfortable with her emotions. Life had taught her emotions that weren’t easily used to make her stronger an enemy were a sign of weakness. The trials and tribulations of her life had harden her something that was stronger than diamonds. Zoe knew this going into the relationship, and she hoped that she could help Cat learn how to accept her feelings and help her open herself up to Zoe. It was why Zoe was always in contact with Catalina daily. Even if they couldn’t speak, it’s why she would send her those stupid filter pictures or those memes that sometimes Cat never understood. It was to make her at least smile, hoping to make her smile more would slowly lower this barrier around her to let Zoe in. So hearing this… it meant so much to her.

“I-I'm sorry." Her voice cracked a bit as she fought to hold the tears back. She didn’t meant to get this emotional so quickly. She cleared her throat, not wanting to draw more attention than they were already getting. "I know what you mean Cat. I do. I care about you… a lot. I want to make you happy, so for you to say that…” she paused for a moment, the hold on Cat’s hand gripped just a little tighter, trying to emphasize what she was about to say. “It means a lot to me, I want you to know that. And I want you to know Cat… that you make me happy too.”

Suddenly, like a bull in a china store, the waiter ruined the mood as he walked up right next to their table, his shadow casting down upon the two of them. “Are you ladies ready?”

Zoe slightly glared up at him, his dark blue suit on point and his black hair parted to the left and slicked down. But then she realized… she hadn’t looked at the menu yet. Her eyes widen as she gave Catalina an apologetic small frown as she let go of her hands and picked the menu. “Uhhhhhhhh I’ll have the…” she didn’t know what the heck she was doing. What was this fancy stuff? Her eyes just instantly locked onto the first item on the menu she saw. “Foh-ee Grass”

The water arched his brow as he looked down at Zoe. “Do you mean the Foie Gras?”

Oh shoot… uhhh “Y-yes, that please.” She gave a nervous laughter.

"Very well." The waiter then turned his attention to Catalina.

#1791 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova:

No Caption Provided

She knew Zoe was trying her hardest to crack the outer shell, which is why she sort of forced herself to tolerate the seemingly ridiculous things that Zoe did, like the selfies.

Because of the sensitive nature of Cat and the rest of the families well-being in the eyes of the public she deleted most of her social media platforms to keep that act up. Internally, she wish she didn't have to hide; she'd love to post pictures on her Instagram with Zoe from their time in London.

The waiter shattered the moment, and just like that--the Pitbull was back. Cat's eyes rolled to the back of her head before an exaggerated sigh escaped her lips. "You should be in the NFL because that was a nice cockblock" Cat hissed rolling her eyes as Zoe prepared to order.

As Zoe butchered her order Cat's face fell still almost in embarrassment. 'Goddamn it Zoe' she thought as she glanced over the menu once more. "For Starters, I'll have the Sea Bass, I'll have the Mutton for my main dish" Cat said closing the menu before handing it back to the waiter. Rarely did Catalina ever eat too much, but she was unusually hungry as of late; probably all the energy she'd exhausted to make sure she got School supplies for Tassi, So-So and Maricela.

"So will you still be doing Feral Nova duties in Valor City?" She asked taking a sip from her glass of water. The concept of heroism was still lost to her, what the hell did they pay the police for? Even when her dad was heavily engaged in it; it still made zero sense.

#1792 Posted by Feral Nova (58210 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador:

As the waiter finally walked away she couldn’t help but wonder… ‘What the funk did I order?’ as her attention was pulled away from her thoughts and back to Catalina, who was back to her usual self. She was going to have to 'thank' the waiter later for ruining the mood.

"So will you still be doing Feral Nova duties in Valor City?"

Zoe stayed quiet for a moment before lightly shrugging her shoulders. “I mean… I wasn’t planning on it honestly. I just wanted to focus on school and a new life.” She admitted. She wanted to just live her life as Zoe, not carry around her suit everywhere she went or wear it under her clothes because she might have to stop a car chase or something. “But-” There was always a ‘but’. “Like I told you, I ran Brian Newcastle while I was there.” She texted her after the encounter but didn't really elaborate too much on anything at that time. “He seemed very excited to have met a ‘hero’. I told him I was there for education reasons but… I don’t know, I have a feeling he’s going to try and get me to suit up again. I mean, if the city is in trouble, of course I’ll help, but I wasn’t planning on doing things like… patrolling the city and helping kids get their kittens out of trees.”

The blonde took in a breath of uncertainty before taking her own sip of her water. “But, enough about me and my petty issues.” she gave a light laugh. “How have things been with you and Maricela?”

#1793 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova:

No Caption Provided

Cat's eyes instinctively roll at the mention of Brian Newcastle, she didn't know him personally; but to this point, her history with anyone named 'Newcastle' wasn't good.

"You just watch yourself around him, I don't know him, and I already don't trust him," She said unsure if she sounded cautious or covertly jealous. "I've never met a Newcastle I liked, anyways, I'm glad you're getting back into your studies. Something that'll benefit your life other than flying around town making sure people aren't locking themselves in the garage with a running car."

Though her example was eerily specific, she shrugs her shoulders and continues sipping her water. Cat's eyebrows jump at the mention of Maricela, the mother and daughter developed a bond with one another quickly; but Cat couldn't help but look at Mari's track record and see that if she didn't fix the discipline issue--Mari would get worse.

"She's coming around; I contacted a friend in L.A to get ahold of her records. She's actually wanted for a few crimes. That Pokemon Go game? Is she been setting lures? That attract the little things to a certain location. Then when people show up to catch them, she robbed them. I hate to say it but she is my daughter, I would've done the same thing."

#1794 Posted by Feral Nova (58210 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador:

The way she reacted to Brain’s name cause a bit of a concern to Zoe. He seemed like a nice guy… but… Zoe wasn’t the greatest judge of character. She also didn’t know really anything about the Newcastles aside from that he practically rebuilt Valor City. Maaaaybe she shouldn't tell her that they exchanged numbers? “He seems harmless. More enthusiastic about pastries than anything. But I promise I’ll be careful around him.” But Zoe couldn’t help but slightly squint her eyes at the example she gave. She couldn’t help but wonder… she did ever fall asleep in a running car inside a closed garage?

"She's coming around; I contacted a friend in L.A to get ahold of her records. She's actually wanted for a few crimes. That Pokemon Go game? Is she been setting lures? That attract the little things to a certain location. Then when people show up to catch them, she robbed them. I hate to say it but she is my daughter, I would've done the same thing."

I'm trying to picture...
I'm trying to picture...

Zoe leaned in a bit, ducking her head just a tad. “She did what?” Zoe whispered, loudly enough for her to hear, it was a mixture of shock with a slightly amused chuckle that came at the end. “You would have?” She then remembered, she heard something about that on the news! She couldn’t help give a light laugh. “I’m sorry, I know I shouldn’t laugh it’s just… I remember seeing something about that on the news. I almost got myself involved in that.” How awkward would it have been if Zoe was the one who helped in the apprehension of Cat’s daughter? "I'm trying to picture you coming down to the station trying to bail her out while getting into arguments with the officers." It would be a mess. Cat was headstrong and stubborn and also didn't take anyones sh!t. Didn't matter to her if they had a badge or not. "But I’m glad she’s coming around. I know how important she is to you. How's the rest of the family doing? Have you spoken to Tassi since she moved to the states with your dad?” The concept of having a large family was lost on Zoe. She only had her two siblings but they were gone. It always fascinated her when she met someone who had a family with more than three children, and the Liafador's were definitely a large family and one with a lot of... issues to put it easy. She didn't know if Cat wanted to talk about them, but she figured she would give her the opportunity if she did.

#1795 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova:

No Caption Provided

On the continued subject of Brian, Cat rolled her eyes before taking another sip of her water. Externally she was cautious, she really liked Zoe and was fearful that her trusting nature would inadvertantly throw her in harms way. Internally she was jealous, not because she thought Zoe would do anything to jeopardize their relationship; but for the simple fact that she was able to actually meet people. It'd be hard for her to meet anyone wearing Ziccarra's face, hell it'd be hard for her to meet anyone wearing her own face.

"That girl I swear. Somedays I'm happy she found me; other days I question whether or not I'm the right person for it. Hopefully Sophia's presence will balance her out, that little girl is so disciplined I have to let her clear the supermarkets before I enter. Hell, hopefully they balance each other out. But yeah, I would've trashed that damn police department." She chuckled before taking the wine menu in hand.

"Oh! they have my family's wine!" Cat's eyes lit up at the sight. Liafador International had been shut down, though the Winery ran it's finances through the conglomerate; Zeon's ownership of the Winery saved it from doom. Too many investors, though she was sure a name change was on the way. You'd be a fool to still have a Liafador brand in this day in age. She never had it before, and even considered ordering it. She didn't drink it before because she was anti-Liafador everything; and perhaps she wouldn't try it now because she realize it was a symbol of an era she didn't fit in.

The subject of Tassi cause Cat's head to drop, the two hadn't spoke. Cat knew Tassi, she'd eventually fall in love with any place as long as Star was with her; but she kept replaying the incident from the library in her mind--and how much it hurt.

"No, we haven't spoke." She replied overcome with emotions she couldn't explain. Her face shift through confusion and anger before resetting back to indifference. But that was all she cared to say on the subject. Tassi was the only person who believed in Cat--like truly believed. She can see it in Maya, Leonel and her dad's eyes; they fully expect her to revert back to her 'old self' but Tassi kind of knew that person wasn't Cat. Before she left however, Cat made sure she had something--a promise.

"I will always be here for you. I mean that with my life."

In the silence between the two Cat kind of chuckled thinking about how she was prepared to fight the entire WAL team because they wanted Tassi to stay behind while Cat went on a mission. Her eyes shift from the ambient space, before focusing on Zoe. The fact that her beautiful girlfriend was watching these emotion changes was embarrassing. She brought the drink menu over her face unnessarily to try and get herself together. "I take it you still haven't spoke to your aunt?"

Cat knew of Zoe's siblings, not because of conversation rather googling ways back when she was apart of WAL. She understood that Zoe had an aunt that she barley spoke to. Cat understood it, only recently did she begin to speak to her family about the stress she was under; they understood it. Her father did his due diligence to alleviate some of the burden, but Zoe? she had virtually no one. Well almost no one. She had Cat.

#1796 Posted by Feral Nova (58210 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador:

Sophia, had she mentioned Sophia before? Zoe sat, thinking for a moment. Was that the one who was related to Zeon? Or was it Cat’s sister? Oh! No it’s the assassin chick that Cat accepted into the family. Cat was talking about Zoe not to be trusting but here she was embracing a former assassin into her home with her daughter AND youngest sister. But then again the two of them didn’t have exactly the best records in history either… she shouldn’t be judging.

“Your family winery is still a thing?” Zoe spoke in surprise, she just assumed the winery was shut down after all this time with all the (for lack of a better word) family drama. But she also knew it belonged to Zeon… did she still own it? But she saw the way Cat lit up when she saw it on the menu. Zoe gave a soft smile, she knew she had to order one. “Let’s order a bottle.” She rose her hand to get the attention of the nearest waiter as she picked up the other wine listing. “Yes, can we have this please?” She pointed to the menu at the Liafador family red wine, not wanting to butcher anything else that wasn’t in English.

The waiter gave a strange look to the young blonde. “But of course.” He gave a nod of his head before walking off.

As she watched Cat's reply to comment about Tassi, and she could tell that it still weighed heavy on her. She would never understand what she felt, but she wished she could help her with it. Zoe could tell she didn’t want to push the conversation further as silence fell between them. Tassi was the one that held Cat together at difficult points in her life but at the same time… Cat alone had to carry the burden of caring for a toddler. Caring for yourself was one thing, but being responsible for a whole other person well being? That was on a whole other level. She couldn’t imagine how difficult it was to make the decision to have Tassiana move away with her father.

"I take it you still haven't spoke to your aunt?"

No Caption Provided

Zoe’s face cringed a bit at the mention of her Aunt Heather. The two only communicated with each other when it came to issues that were Feral Nova related. Aside from that, the two never spoke. When she took Zoe in after her family was killed, her Aunt basically forced her to continue on the path of Feral Nova. A part of her wanted to, but a part of her just wanted to live her life. To her Aunt, it was life long mission, one that you should never give up until you're forced to. Zoe didn't feel that way. “I told her I was moving to Valor City. She asked me if I was planning on becoming ‘the hero of the city’” She used finger quotes to make her emphasis as she tried to make her voice sound like that narrator from Powerpuff girls. “I told her ‘I wasn’t planning on it’ and she pretty much ended the conversation for me.” Zoe gave a light shrug looking down at her water. Sure it hurt, but… she was used to it. She wasn't there for her when Zoe was infected, why would she start being there for her now? “She won’t talk to me unless I become a full time hero or if the world needs saving. Which thank goodness we’re good on that right now.” she gave a light chuckle. “But it’s fine. I know I’m not alone.” Zoe looked up at Cat, a gentle smile on her lips as the waiter came back with the wine.

As he finished pouring the two of them the famous Liafador red wine, Zoe picked up her glass and held it slightly up towards Cat. “Here’s to us. To all the times we funked up, To all our trials and tribulations that eventually lead us to each other. For me... it was worth it.”

#1797 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova:

No Caption Provided

Cat's eyes swiftly shift back and forth from the waiter and Zoe as the Fire Goddess took it upon herself to order the Liafador wine, which left Cat fumbling over the words to stop him. Not too long after the waiter left, a waitress on passerby took Cat's cup; and like a human conveyor another waitress brought another cup of water.

"What the fork just happened" She asked glancing down at her new cup of water. Shaking off the confusion, Zoe begin to speak on her rocky relationship with her aunt. It sounded as if Zoe and her Aunt were in the same boat as Ziccarra and Cat, but alot less confrontational. Zoe's entire explanation was overshadowed by the fact that she used air quotes, Cat for some strange reason hated air quotes. The South American raised Liafador's eyebrow jot upward for a moment, but she quickly composed herself to not seem weird to Zoe. She didn't want to have to explain another one of her pet peeves--not yet anyways.

That was one thing Cat didn't have to worry about, no one expected her to be a hero; and if they did, it was never communicated to her.

"I'm so sorry Zoe, but you're right you're not alone. There are plenty of Dinotaurs on Luna Island." She said crossing her legs under the table. Cat took her glass in hand intimatly eying the glass of red wine, before focusing on Zoe's toast. "That might be the worst toast I've ever heard, especially for a date" She teased, her exotic Southern America accent making a surprise appearance. Taking a sip of the wine, she found it sweet, it was good!

"I refuse to believe that anything my family made is this good. We must've stole it" She joked her face almost instantly starting to take a plum color. Shortly after Zoe's toast, their meals were delivered and for the first time in a long time Cat could feel her stomach growling. She glance down in awe, as if she'd never heard it before.

Like the Hybrids of her family, Cat didn't need to eat every day; she could go months without it. That is, when she was imperfect. Now that she was a host for the Goddess she got tired faster and even hungry. The Goddess was draining her, and she didn't even know it.

"Hey so I have to tell you. It's going to sound weird, but. There's a Goddess living inside me" She said nonchalantly before taking a bite of her fish. "She's a real bench too, comes out when she wants does what she wants. I'm supoosed to be working to control her but I honestly don't know how"

#1798 Posted by Feral Nova (58210 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador:

Even Zoe was taken back by the wine. She blinked pulled it back to look at it. She was expecting it to be bitter, but damn… this was good. As she took another sip, their food was brought in and a look of confusion swept over her as she looked down at her plate. It looked like a seared steak… almost. She picked up her fork and gently cut through the Foie Gras which surprising to her, cut like butter. What the hell was this!?

She picked it up, ready to take a bite of whatever it was but then Cat said something that caused her to pause.

"Hey so I have to tell you. It's going to sound weird, but."

She put her fork down, giving Cat her full attention as she took another sip of her wine.

"There's a Goddess living inside me She's a real bench too, comes out when she wants does what she wants. I'm supoosed to be working to control her but I honestly don't know how"

No Caption Provided

Zoe’s unintentionally and instantly choked on the wine as quickly set the glass down and picked up her napkin, holding it up to her lips, trying her hardest not to cause more of a scene than she already did. But has she pulled her napkin away, her face went into ‘oh shit’ mode as her eyes widen. "I'm sorry. I wasn't expecting that." She sat there for a moment to compose herself as she felt her mouth suddenly go dry. “Y-you have a Goddess? Is it uh... “ she was almost afraid to ask. “Is it your mom’s Goddess?” She had fought The Goddess numerous amount of times, and lost every single time. She could feel old and healed battle wounds suddenly sting just from the remembrance of the every fight she had with Ziccarra in her all powerful Goddess form. She couldn't imagine the same Goddess that Zoe fought would be ok with Cat dating her if it was the same one. But Zoe didn't know about the different Goddesses and their different roles. She only knew of the one that defeated her in combat almost effortlessly. Oh god... what if she decided to come out right now and punch Zoe in the face?

#1799 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova:

I don't care...
I don't care...

"Jesus woman, you totally have the hots for my mom. Either that or you REALLY like me" Cat replied referring to Zoe's constant reminders of Ziccarra. Though it was a joke; it served as a harsh reminder of just how much Zoe went through in her earlier escapades with the deceased Liafador Matriarch.

"No, it's not the same Goddess. This one is younger than the one my mom had, and she pretty much does what she wants.

Cat's gaze drop to her food taking her fork in hand she immediately begin devouring her side dish before quickly transitioning to the main course. "I don't know why I've been so forking hungry all of a sudden. I used to be able to go months without eating. Now I eat soo much; I mostly buy groceries for myself and So-So."

In her new found form Cat had taken a liking to tacos frequently sending So-So or Mari to taco bell for them when she couldn't be bothered to be pulled away from a painting. So-So usually brought back whatever Cat asked for, and was typically allowed to keep the change. Mari typically ate something and said "they was out" which infuriated Cat because she could read minds. She thought about her daughter and So-So, a child she was starting to strongly believe was related to them; and begin to smirk. It was just funny how domesticated they made her.

"Are you enjoying yourself, I mean I know we're just eating. But you can be honest" Cat's features softened as she wiped the juice from her lips with a paper towel. Cat was an emotionally driven person, but Anger and Confusion were typically her driving forces; but Zoe? was able to produce a different Cat. A person most of her family members would dismiss as an imposter.

"Just know, I don't care. I'm having a good time; and you can choose the next location." She continued with a cheeky smile.

#1800 Posted by Feral Nova (58210 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador

Zoe’s cheeks redden with embarrassment of her reaction as her head sunk a bit in between her shoulders. Hearing that it wasn’t the same Goddess let the former hero give off a sign of relief, but then finding out that she doesn’t exactly get along with Catalina didn’t sound very good. What did she mean that she does what she wants?

She began eating her own dish, as Cat was already working on the next. “Do you think… it has something to do with the Goddess?” Zoe asked, still unsure what the hell she ordered, but ate it nonetheless because she was hungry at this point. The Goddess was the only thing that was new (to Zoe) to Cat, it could have very well caused a disruption in her eating habits.

“Cat, I’m having a great time.” Zoe gave a genuine smile. “This place is amazing and beautiful, just like you. I can honestly say this is the best Foie Gras I’ve ever had.” Which wasn’t a lie. “And I got to find out that your family winery, makes amazing wine. If Zeon wasn’t the one running it, I would book a room at the Castillo Cardinale.” She loved being with Cat, but at the same time, it was a continuous reminder of the struggles when she was a younger hero. But she was putting her negative feelings about the Liafador family as far away as she could, because she wanted this relationship to work. She wanted to be with Catalina. Why? Because… she made her happy. “But most of all, just being here with you makes me happy.”

Then she was told she could pick the next spot they went to. Her eyes widen for a moment. “London Eye?” Zoe asked in an almost childlike excitement. Even though the two could just fly and get an even better view than from sitting in a pod, there was just something about sitting in a ferris wheel that felt more romantic, and why not a giant ferris wheel?!