#1 Edited by Sorion (341 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

The surface of the earth is comprised of approximately 71% water, containing historical known oceans (the Arctic, Atlantic, Indian, Pacific, and Southern Oceans). Beyond those, it is feasible that there exists undocumented seas, esoteric bodies of water that voyagers and vessels have never crossed, and depths unexplored.

This thread is intended for sea based RPGs, interactions, and stories rather than land based locations, countries, cities, etc. Battles between ships and sea vessels, pirates raiding other ships, characters discovering artifacts and treasures in the sea, and even interactions set on cruises are just a few examples of what one might do here.

Basic RPG rules apply. Also, in the first post of an interaction (this does not apply to subsequent posts), be sure to specify whether which universe your interaction takes place in (either CVU or CVnU).

#2 Posted by Blue_Ghost (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Nuts. CVU only...

#3 Posted by Kaija (1041 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by ParagonxXx (541 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaija: I believe what she means is that if this were available for both universes, not just the CVU, it would be very cool. :-)

#5 Posted by Kaija (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx: Oh, no I'm not confused about that, I'm just trying to figure out whose alt that is tbh. I thought that bothering the person might elicit some kind of telling response... but no dice :(

#6 Posted by Sorion (341 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by ParagonxXx (541 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Sorion (341 posts) - - Show Bio

#9 Posted by Thee_Champion (6534 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice. Pirate alts in one, two..

Avatar image for faatina_knightfall
#10 Posted by Faatina_Knightfall (179 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Night_Dragon (135 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Thee_Champion (6534 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Dreadstroke (1131 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Sorion (341 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to make a ship of my own, but you know what?

I think I'll hijack yours @faatina_knightfall.

#15 Posted by Night_Dragon (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@sorion: Do you require assistance?

We can split the spoils: you take the wealth, I'll take the flesh...

#16 Posted by Sorion (341 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by lowlaville (10224 posts) - - Show Bio

> Jack Sparrow

#18 Posted by Proxy_ (159 posts) - - Show Bio

CVU Atlantic

No Caption Provided

For reasons unknown the android found herself brought to earth once again she'd placed a faith in others and found it counter intuitive. Now she was on some back water world with some random targets to kill and no information on where to find them. Waking in a cargo hold however sensors told some info at least on surroundings. A boat of some kind, likely more for shipping giving the weight, mechanical based smell told her it was raining and most the cargo was uninteresting for the machine. A few smuggled weapons but they were boxed up. Looking past walls and iron she could see the crew. Massive in number but very few looked to be armed.

Drawing the master katana the android originally built for pleasure now programmed for murder kicked the cargo door free. A metal clang to counter the clash of thunder and disrupt the sound of rain pattering along the surface. "I highly doubt anyone will come to help you. So you can try swimming if you wish or. Come to terms with whatever gods you worship because you'll be meeting it soon."

(Open interaction tis just a lil intro for something to do)

#19 Edited by Anonym (1415 posts) - - Show Bio

@proxy_: (nice intro! Would it be ok if I joined or was this just a post?)

#20 Posted by _Gaige_ (515 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Anonym (1415 posts) - - Show Bio

@proxy_: (okay)

Tristan Puzzlehoff had a good pair of sea legs underneath him. He wasn't accustomed to taking cargo ships between continents, but this one would make it across the Atlantic faster than most cruise liners and military grade boats. Air travel would be even faster, but for whatever reason no one trusted him in an airplane for more than five hours.

The Nameless psychiatrist was walking along the ship's deck, enjoying the rain, when the armed woman emerged from the hold. He made a quick overview of her, starting a patient file in his mind and noting just how....mechanical, she seemed. Not jerky, no twitches, no emotion. True psychopath or murderous android? There was an equal chance of either, surprisingly. So Tristan decided to do what Tristan did best: question.

"Hello, Miss," he said, casually, unfazed by her weapons. "I believe there has been a mistake. This ship is protected by the International Police, as one of their own is aboard. One ring and they'll be here in under an hour."

Avatar image for raysh_al_shaytan
#22 Posted by Raysh_Al_Shaytan (591 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#23 Posted by Proxy_ (159 posts) - - Show Bio

@anonym:

"And?"

She inquired at the sudden response and the passed along information. "Authorities are a natural opposition to my work. As such it'd be foolish not to expect them to come. Similarly running from them doesn't work, confrontation is the only outcome. So let them come" her masked features taking a moment to look towards the sky and consistant rain fall. Not a bad planet it would seem, upgrades likely could be aquired to better hunt the various bounties of the given planet. She wasn't leaving she'd decided, it seemed both logical and felt right. "Is anyone else likely to get in the way, are you?" This ship was to become hers and so she was swift to lower into a combative stance. Her various systems trying to read how much of a threat the forever smiling psychiatrist.

#24 Posted by Anonym (1415 posts) - - Show Bio

@proxy_:

If anything, Dr. Puzzlehoff looked like the least dangerous person she could meet on planet earth. Somehow his gentle frown, white sweatshirt, and relaxed body language seemed...peaceful. Almost innocent. But even as the woman spoke his mind was switching gears. Had she been a human perhaps he would have resorted to insanity, but a machine would twist emotions against their wielder. He forced his mind to go stony and cold. The ship's crew had heard strange things about their passenger, but they didn't believe half of them until they saw his utter calm in the face of death. Now they weren't sure they'd heard even half the stories.

Tristanfocused on his patient. She was an android, but her body didn't seem to be made for combat. Oh, it could be used for such, but he had a feeling her creators had a much...less violent purpose for her.

His eyes were cool and his body was calm. He even went so far as to place his hands in his pockets.

"I stand in your way, but if you kill me you'll never know why."

#25 Posted by Proxy_ (159 posts) - - Show Bio

@anonym:

"Why is often easier to understand then people like." She admitted rather bluntly "if I had to guess, its because you're more of a passifest. You'd rather things not take a turn for the violent. You haven't addressed me by name, so it isn't that you know of me in some fashion. You've also I'd bet figured out I'm a machine, as other wise I'd likely be labeled psychotic." As the machine spoke she took time to close the distance wanting to get in comfortable combat range should she chose to strike. "However I need more to perform efficiently then you can provide." He didn't have the style of a rich man, the posture of some notorious hunter who could help her. "I like our talk, could come to like you. So please just move aside." She gestured to the side, politely letting the man chose what would come next. Though within her palm concealed within was a series of claw like extensions that would run alongside the underside of her palm and fingers. If he wouldn't move these vibroblades would extract as at an above human speed hand reached out for the psychiatrist throat. If he'd chosen to resist the least Proxy could do was try and grant a quick death parting head from the shoulders in a singular motion.

#26 Posted by Anonym (1415 posts) - - Show Bio

@proxy_:

Tristan knew better than to push his luck with her and did as he was bidden. He watched her with the same unsettling placidity with which he had confronted her, but there was something behind his eyes almost akin to interest. Machines programmed to kill knew no mercy. The android was more human than he had anticipated, and decided to make a study of her along the rest of their voyage.

#27 Edited by Gargamight (102 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@lowlaville:

It had been what the humans called a week since the giants awakening, he had managed to avoid attracting attention by staying hidden on the ocean floor. He had no need for air so he could stay under the water for as long as he wanted, but even the beauty of the ocean grew dull after too long. He could only watch schools of fish swim by so many times before he missed the land. He longed to hear the birds and to see flowers, which was why when he saw what looked to be an uninhabited island he took his chance as walked ashore.

While it was peaceful at first, it didn't take long before he heard the sound of a helicopter in the distance. He didn't understand how the humans seemed to always find him, all he wanted was just some time to watch the animals of the island go about their day. He's presence never seemed to bother primitive animal's they merely treated him a part of the land, he's aura was a peaceful one and most creatures could instantly pick up on that. However human's were not like that, they disturbed everything around them and seemed to hound the earthen giant were ever he went.

Sighing he decided to take a few more minutes before heading back to the sea, it was clear the helicopter was just one of the news types. It wouldn't be able to attack him, so he had nothing to fear from it. It's presence had scared off the wildlife he was watching, however, so there wasn't much reason for him to stay. Looking back out over the sea the giant started to rise from his sitting position, it was looking like it was his time to go. Little did he know that something would soon catch his eye and convince him to stay on the island for a while longer.

#28 Posted by lowlaville (10224 posts) - - Show Bio

@gargamight:

Boracay, Phillipines

"Go back to sleep babe..." Kaija called Ali from her side of the bed, eyes closed, and the pillow covering half her face under it. "...Today is Saturday,"

Ali got up, yawning, "Yes, it is. Time to watch T.V!" Ever since joining UNKD, Ali got fond of spending his free time watching Earth television. A lot of interesting things seemed to show on it. After all, T.Vs were something that were not in the realm. 'The box that tells lies', it's what Ali called it. That's what the thing called television signified. It was either spending time with Kaija or T.V.

They'd stayed up late last night, and Ali knew Kaija wouldn't be up for another 3 or 4 hours. Until she did, and they make plans to spend the weekends doing something in particular, Ali was free to watch the box that tells lies.

It might sound stupid, but they weren't all lies. Sometimes, news would speak of various things that happened world wide. Ali tuned into the news channel: BBC.

Chase Conglomerate launched Warden Project.
---
Satellite has been sabotaged in Earth's Orbit
---
Terrorist Attack in Bludhaven
---
Giant Rock Monster Spotted on Antipodes Island

Ali had been listening intently to all the hot topics of the current day world, when the news of a Giant rock monster thing appeared in the news. "Kaiju...?" Ali looked back at Kaija sleeping. He'd been sitting on the edge of the bed, staring at the T.V fixed on the opposite wall. "No need to tell her...I'll just go and have a look," Ali decided.

He freshened up, put some clothes, a shirt and sweatpants on and headed out. Ali always wondered why he couldn't just fly out of the base. Why did he have to check in and check out every time he had to move in and out of the base. Ali signed on the logbook, waved at the security guard and smiled, before flying out of the gate.

Stopping in the air a few meters, Ali checked his phone, and turned on his GPS on. Once the general direction was realized, he took off.

Antipodes Island, a few minutes later

A beast that towered close to 4 kilometers sitting down, was akin to a mountain. It was hard to miss. It had started getting up by the time Ali reached the island. He descended down in front of the giant, hoping he would be noticed. "MY NAME IS ALI. I COME IN PEACE! BUT IF YOU ATTACK HUMANS, I WILL PERSONALLY EXTERMINATE YOU!"

Ali shouted as loud as he could. Lightning Cutter tingled on his back. He just hoped he didn't have to use it to slay this rock creature. Killing was never something he fancied.

#29 Posted by Gargamight (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville:

The earthen behemoth was about to reenter the sea when he was interrupted by a voice calling out. Gargamight looked around confused before reaching out telepathically to locate the source. That source was revealed to be a young human male how seemed to be hovering in the air. A human with flight? The giant had never actually seen a metahuman before, he had learned about them from his scan of the first human he met but he'd never met one. Gargamight leaned down to lower his enormous head closer to the man named Ali.

Gargamight disregarded Ali's threat, with his size few things struck fear into the giant's hearts and this human was not one of them. Though he was interested in his abilities and wished to know more about them. The colossus extended his finger to touch Ali's forehead if it was any other large monster it would have been taken as and attack. However when it came to Gargamight he had a distinct aura about him, it was a strangely calming one, for such as enormous creature his movements had a peaceful style to them.

As long as the male did not resist the giant would tap Ali's forehead and establish a mental link. A side effect of not needing air meant he couldn't talk, his only form of communication was through telepathy. Reaching out with his mind Gargamight sent a message to the human, "I mean you or any of your kind any harm. It is not my intention to extinguish any life. I am known as Gargamight and I just wished to take a break from my hiding in the sea."

#30 Edited by lowlaville (10224 posts) - - Show Bio

@gargamight:

Ali could practically sense the aura peace emanating from the giant rock monster. It was because of that Ali just stayed put, when the rock creature lowered it's face to meet his, though, doing something as ridiculous as meeting face to face with something with a head that was bigger than a kilometer, was a little beyond Ali was capable of. He mused to himself, thinking about his girlfriend. She would be able to effortlessly make this giant creature look like a little pup in front of her sheer size.

The creature extended his massive arm, which was the size of a small town in contrast, and its fingers, the size of a skyscraper, slowly inched towards Ali. Ali calmly just stood there. If he needed to run, he could run. To him, circling the globe 7 times in under 1 second was effortless; evading any attack the Giant was going to use on him would have to wait for him stand still.

The Giant merely grazed his forehead gently with the tip of its fingers. Ali felt the clear wave of psychic energy spreading through him. He was no foreigner when it came to psychic influences. His own influence over electricity was capable of manipulating human psyche through use of bio-electricity. And before that, his mother is a powerful psychic, and he had experienced it multiple times before. Ali was a little surprised. This gigantic monster of a creature was actually sentient. It could think.

"I mean you or any of your kind any harm. It is not my intention to extinguish any life. I am known as Gargamight and I just wished to take a break from my hiding in the sea."

With their minds now linked, Ali could practically feel its intentions. The creature was telling the truth. "It's a pleasure meeting you Gargamite. I'm called Ali Outsider. But I think you misunderstand. I may look human, however I'm not a human," Ali laughed. That crucial detail was something everyone seemed to mistake him for. Well, he didn't really blame them. He looked like a human after all. "So tell me something, Gargamite. Why are you hiding? A creature of your might and stature should be able to find a fortress to live in, away from mankind. It sounds boring, to have to hide. Where do you hide, anyway? I mean, the sea is a pretty big place to hide in. This tiny rock of a planet actually is mostly water anyways" Ali bombarded Gargamite with a load of questions and suggestions. Back in the realm, Golems who appeared much like him, freely occupied and controlled stretches of millions of kilometers of their own. Ali did not know if Gargamite had elemental magic, but he chose to associate Gargamite with the Golems from the realm.

#31 Posted by Gargamight (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville:

Gargamight was caught off guard by the man's barrage of questions, he was used to most humans running away in fear, but then again this one wasn't human. He recovered from his shock quite quickly, he was glad to find a creature liked him who wished to know more about thing rather than slay them. "I am hiding for my own sake and for the human's who inhabit this planet. I woke from my long slumber near a city and was immediately intrigued by the humans I saw. They were... less than glad to see me, however, I am quite in tuned with others emotions and all I felt was fear." The giant removed his finger from Ali's head, once the bond was made he could easily maintain it. It was an odd quirk that only applied to sentient life, he could talk with nature just fine without contact, but when it came to humans and now whatever this Ali was he had to touch them.

The colossus continued to answer his next question "There are few places on earth that humans have not found their way into, the sea is one of the only pieces of nature left untouched.I cannot lie it does grow stale to have to remain in the ocean for so long, it is a wonderful place but I am not a sea giant. I long to sit among mountains and watch the world as I did millennia ago. I do not have a fortress that I come from when I was last awake the world was my fortress. I could roam the lands as I pleased, however that time appears to be over." Gargamight finished hoping had answered the questions enough to satisfy Ali, for he had a few of his own he wished to ask.

"How about you? You say you're not human, then what are you, where do you come from? Is the source of your power due to the species you are from or are you one of the ones humans call a meta?"

#32 Posted by lowlaville (10224 posts) - - Show Bio

@gargamight:

Ali listened to Gargamight speak into his mind. He no longer felt the need to stand in front. With a mighty leap, he reached the top of Gargamight's head in an instant, and climbed on top of his head. Ali rather liked the wind as it blew against him, almost enough to send him hurtling from the giant's head. But he could control the winds just as well as he could lightning. All he needed to do was a focus a bit, and the winds streamlined around his figure, no longer bothering. As for the cold, it was never something that bothered him. Ali had walked naked on the snowy mountains of Toroshia, his natural lightning constitution body was largely immune to heat or cold.

"I am hiding for my own sake and for the human's who inhabit this planet. I woke from my long slumber near a city and was immediately intrigued by the humans I saw. They were... less than glad to see me, however, I am quite in tuned with others emotions and all I felt was fear."

Ali gave an understanding nod. "Humans, ever since coming here, I've learned, they are a paranoid species that exist on this planet. They really do fear what they cannot comprehend," Ali spoke from both experience, and what happened across the globe, that he either read or watched on the news, or on the internet. The guys at UNKD were initially scared of him, Warden's project to bring all the meta-humans into a single fold, and the terrorist Z's campaigns in France, everything that ever appeared in the news, ever, revolved around humans and their fears of the unknown. Although, it was a given, most of the times, the humans did have legit reasons to fear the unknown, like the nGods or super powered freaks like the one that attacked the docks of New York City, the point was still valid. "They seek to control it, contain it, and foremost, want to manipulate it to their gains."

"There are few places on earth that humans have not found their way into, the sea is one of the only pieces of nature left untouched.I cannot lie it does grow stale to have to remain in the ocean for so long, it is a wonderful place but I am not a sea giant. I long to sit among mountains and watch the world as I did millennia ago. I do not have a fortress that I come from when I was last awake the world was my fortress. I could roam the lands as I pleased, however that time appears to be over."

Ali agreed with Gargamight. The small planet was overpopulated. Back in the realm, you would't find 1 hundredth of the population of Earth enclosed in such a space, and only in rare occasions or cities like George Town, which had a rough population of 15 million people, would you even find a cluster of people.

"How about you? You say you're not human, then what are you, where do you come from? Is the source of your power due to the species you are from or are you one of the ones humans call a meta?"

Ali let out a sigh, preparing to answer the questions put forward by his giant friend, "I am called a 'Spark'. A 'Spark of the Beast'. Your world actually has legends of my Master. The Anti Christ or the Beast, but those tales are twisted fabrications of the truth passed down from generations of human delusions and story telling, but yeah- basically, I am a Spark," Ali laughed to himself. He did a fair bit of investigation after coming to the world. He'd actually found some traces, stories of his master abound, but not much beside that. "I come from a placed called the 'Realm of the Beast'. And I guess you could say my power is the result of my species as a whole. But there is only one other being in the realm with a similar power core as I do. So I'm somewhat unique," Ali explained. Basically, only his master the Lightning Dragon of Rea has a lightning power core and pretty much the same abilities as Ali.

"I really like you Gargamight," Ali said, smiling to himself, "You remind me of my home. You remind me that this world still has things, and beings that has the capability to feel." Gargamight's peaceful aura affected him in more ways than one. It danced with his own, giving Ali a peaceful feeling.

#33 Posted by Gargamight (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville:

As Ali hopped to his head, Gargamight slowly sat back down on the island no longer concerned about leaving. He was impressed by his resistance to the cold that normally stopped even the animals that used his body as a home from going that high. He really was quite the interesting being, he hardly even needed to calm the birds around him. They seemed to take a liking to the male all by themselves, and anyone who was able to sit in nature without disturbing it was alway good in his books

"Humans, ever since coming here, I've learned, they are a paranoid species that exist on this planet. They really do fear what they cannot comprehend, They seek to control it, contain it, and foremost, want to manipulate it to their gains."

"It is a trait that I don't doubt helped them survive in an admittedly harsh world. I am sure you too have noticed how fragile your average human is, it makes sense why paranoia is so prevalent. It is not entirely unsympathetic, but I feel there may be times that they let their fear blind them to the truth. " Gargamight said thinking of how he had seen the humans react when he immerged from the ocean.

"I am called a 'Spark'. A 'Spark of the Beast'. Your world actually has legends of my Master. The Anti Christ or the Beast, but those tales are twisted fabrications of the truth passed down from generations of human delusions and story telling, but yeah- basically, I am a Spark. I come from a placed called the 'Realm of the Beast'. And I guess you could say my power is the result of my species as a whole. But there is only one other being in the realm with a similar power core as I do. So I'm somewhat unique,

Gargamight listened very carefully to the young Sparks words, mental storing them in the part of him that could be considered a brain. It was less for thinking however and much more for remembering, a rock giant rarely forgot a single thing in its life. Seeing how no giant had ever passed away of old age they could almost be considered immortal. Gargamight didn't care much about his own mortality, however, at some point, all beings cease to exist and someday his time would come. Though having an ever expanding library in his head was without a doubt one of the best perks of his age. This Realm of the Beast drove his mind into the insatiable hunger for knowledge that Gargamight felt whenever he learned of something new.

"I am somewhat lacking in human knowledge I'm afraid, I have never heard of this beast or Anti-christ you speak of. In my slumber, most of human history passed me by. However, this does make me wish to know more about these Sparks and cores of power. It is unlike anything I have heard of before, the human I scanned before had no concept of these things what so ever." Gargamight said, rock giants were not the most emotive or expressive of creatures but it was a when it came to the matter of new information Gargamight's lust for it was nearly unmatched. These produced the rare instance where you were able to see a being as large as him excited.

"I really like you Gargamight. You remind me of my home. You remind me that this world still has things, and beings that has the capability to feel."

"I too enjoy your presence, Ali. I can feel you are a being much like myself and it is nice to know I am not the only none human on this planet that feels confused. I can't help but feel like you are not unlike my brethren of old, your aura feels comforting. I have the feeling that we will become..." Gargamught pause briefly searching his library for the correct word. "That we will become friends."

He was about to continue when he a loud horn from a nearby cargo ship reminded him of his situation. The helicopter was still there and he doubted that it would be alone for much longer and the next one that arrived might not be there to simple record him. Rising back to his feet, slowly enough to make sure to not knock around Ali on his head Gargamight began to enter the ocean. "I want to continue, but I have already attracted too much attention. If I stay out too long it will not end well. We must meet again though Ali, you must tell me more about your home and what it is like, This Realm of the Beast sounds like a wonderful place." With that the giant fully submerged himself leaving only a group of birds that took to the air, having lost their perch.

#34 Posted by lowlaville (10224 posts) - - Show Bio

@gargamight:

"I want to continue, but I have already attracted too much attention. If I stay out too long it will not end well. We must meet again though Ali, you must tell me more about your home and what it is like, This Realm of the Beast sounds like a wonderful place."

Ali smiled at his friend's curiosity. It was simplicity itself to just tell Gargamight what he wanted to know, but time was something that neither of them had, to engage in any sort of conversation, "When we have another opportunity to talk, I'm sure I can tell you more about where I come from and what I am,"

Ali watched as Gargamight got up, and walked towards the ocean, slowly disappearing from view. He stayed back a while, just staring off into the horizon, before flying back home.

Kaija had just gotten up, "Hey babe, what say we go to France. I keep hearing that they have amazing food there, I will pay!" He said, laughing.

#35 Edited by Orange_Water (5616 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt: CVU Baltic sea, German waters

The trip oversea's had been mostly quiet I had allowed Aleenah to go on to France and start feeling out the situation possibly even going on and discovering what was going on there. Actually now that I think about it maybe I shouldn't have allowed Aleenah of all people/ monsters to go on to France alone... Damn did I just release a potential serial killer onto France once I get to dry land I should probably call her up and tell her not to eat anyone or else she probably ends up dead in a ditch somewhere. I continued onwards towards Germany technically I always wanted to see it and maybe investigate some of my own heritage and maybe if I'm lucky some of Maoli's...

I rounded around the Netherlands just several minutes ago on my way to the German shore and continued propelling myself to dry land but as I got closer I started to sense something else in the waters below me. The figure while I couldn't see it yet with my own eyes seemed humanoid but not exactly human either although that wasn't the real problem either this creature whatever it was seemed attached to a stone slab or something like that. Attempted murder then well these punks will pay for what they did I aimed myself downwards to the humanoid propelling myself towards him hoping it wasn't to late.

As i approached the humanoid I could tell that this wasn't some other supernatural creature because from what I've seen from the lore books there's nothing like this. As I swam in front of him for a moment he was mostly green all over his body with black and yellow being thrown in at parts making me wonder what in the hell is this thing? I could tell that I arrived to late to save him but I wouldn't leave him trapped down here so I swim closer to the man draw my dagger and to begin cutting through the chain holding him in place.

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
#36 Edited by ThisIsGonnaHurt (40443 posts) - - Show Bio

@orange_water:

Floating near the bottom of the available banks of the Baltic, I stared ahead through the darkening abyss, mystified. The myriad forms of creation swimming in only this small portion of the world were wholly fascinating and colorful. I had only ever seen their bones in the backs of restaurant dumpsters, these fish and other such wildlife. I never knew they were actual living things with tangible scales and eyes.

Though these strange and different life forms danced around me in a swaying song of their own rhythm, I could not help but think them familiar somehow. Such thoughts both intrigued me and caused me a great deal of uncertainty.

I inhaled a mouthful of water and expelled the liquid through adapted pores in my exoskeleton. These rudimentary gills were not of my own design, but rather applied to my body through my previous death baby drowning. Now I could easily survive here, but not in the current state of affairs. Perhaps I could have just waited for the ropes to rot.

But fate had a different plan.

I recognized a distant figure approaching from the dark water. How he got there I could never guess at first. It was definitely human in shape and I moved around uncomfortably. Humans so far had only come near me to not stay for long or to threaten me with violence.

As he drew nearer I squirmed, unsure of his motives but also unable to do anything at all.

#37 Posted by Orange_Water (5616 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt: As I approached the drowned the creature it seemed to move but only thought it was the current attempting to push the body away from. So I just stopped the current for a moment while I attempted to cut the body loose again it moved," What the hell..." I looked up towards the the creature and what I saw clearly now was that it was alive and breathing with some kind of gills what in the hell are you?!?!?!?!?!?! I didn't know how to respond for a moment as I looked at the face of the drowned humanoid and finally I found the words and manipulating the water around me so that he hear me," Sir or creature whatever you are do not be afraid my name is Orange Water and I found you accidentally but I am right now trying to save your life." This creature was interesting to say the least having survived drowning but also being able to survive at these depths I wonder what story he has to tell?

#38 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (40443 posts) - - Show Bio

@orange_water:

Get away.

Whether I was yelling at him or screaming at myself was unclear. My legs kept kicking the open water, propelled by anxiety and caution. The adapted pores in my exoskeleton forced out shot after shot of water, infusing my body with an abundance of oxygen. I had to leave here. He was going to kill me.

The words were strange and his voice was unusually calm. He wasn't supposed to be down here either. Humans couldn't adapt as quickly as I could, there couldn't be humans down here too! They were going to kill me somehow permanently, and I didn't want to be alone like that.

The weakened chains snapped as my legs rocketed me away at speed stay dwarfed modern speedboats. I reached the shoreline within seconds, and dragged myself ashore. There were people watching me. Some screamed. Some ran. Others took pictures.

I didn't care. I just wanted to leave.

#39 Posted by Orange_Water (5616 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt: The creature began to panic once again as I tried to help but this time it had the strength to break the chains and start swimming away. From what I've seen so far it appears the creature has perfectly adapted to this environment being to breath the water in out through gills in it's but while I was admiring evolution's work I allowed the creature to get a small head start eventually catching up to the creature just a couple seconds later...So what do you think were dealing with science experiment or supernatural??? The good money is on the supernatural again considering our luck but I say science experiment... Other thoughts... It appears to be able to think for itself you remember Descartes... Of course I'm fan of Descartes I think therefore I am oh dear god someone messed up didn't they... Yep let's see if he's friendly...

The creature soon reached the shoreline and exited onto the beach with nearby civilians either panicking or taking pictures and I came out right behind him. " Hey if anyone here can translate what I'm to say into German," a man walked forward giving me a nod," Thank you repeat everything that I say please." I look at the creature on the shoreline and try to calm him down," Please listen to me I mean you no harm I just want to make sure your okay I'm a mutant known as Orange Water. All I would like is to make sure your okay and who did that to you." I look at the German man giving him a nod to start who proceeds to repeat everything I just said.

#40 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (40443 posts) - - Show Bio

@orange_water:

The creature looked back and forth between the underwater traveller and the translator, whose face was wracked with concern over what the hero was planning. But he played along and spoke fluently.

Slowly, the insectoid turned his head in a silent understanding. Piecing the words back and forth between the English of his pursuer and the German of the pedestrian, he started to click and whir inside his mandibled maw the very basis on a response, not in German but in the broken echoes of his new friend's native language - a barrier broken in mere moments where it would have taken others months or years to bridge the gap.

"Orange Water. No harm, please?"

#41 Posted by Orange_Water (5616 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt: This creature in front of me suddenly spoke broken English surprising me and the German translator. I looked at the translator again asking," Mind helping me again?" He gave me a nod and I spoke to the green creature in front of me again," I mean you no harm whatsoever you are an innocent in this. Help me find the people who did that to you and I'll bring them to justice. But first may I ask what is your name, sir?" I continued to look around many of the civilians were taking video of the encounter that would be dissected by people on the internet that didn't matter the translator finished reapeating what I said as I payed attention to the creature in front of me again.

#42 Edited by ThisIsGonnaHurt (40443 posts) - - Show Bio

@orange_water:

He covered his eyes in a blind panic, the errant flashes of the cameras around him causing him increasing amounts of stress. He didn't stay for what Orange Water had to say, and instead started leaping in the direction of the darkened wilderness.