#7901 Posted by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden: (It was a fun post, bella. Don't worry about it!)

White cape fluttering from a cool mountain breeze, Leonel further descended from the sky, abandoning the heavens to hover just a foot above the rocky Sitian peak. Meeting her eyes, the Prince of Power found them blue like his - but different. Hers were electric blue. Vibrant and glimmering like a freshly polished gem. Yet his were deep blue. Tunnels of a darker shade for those who held his gaze to wander and get lost in. Different in shade, but identical in feel. Arms flexed and folded before his chest, his posture strong, regal and commanding, Leonel could see in Shield-Maiden's eyes a warrior's steel spirit and iron will - just like his.

"Nor should you"

"I am no Heracles, Achilles, or Odysseys, nor will I ever be"

The words - her voice - floated to his ears, and the Prince of Power could relate. He would never be like his father. Their ideologies clashed and their beliefs differed. He could never be like him, he didn't want to, and nor should he. Leonel was meant for a greatness and moral identity his father was too naive - too weak - for. So as he held Shield-Maiden's gaze, he imagined she too was meant for a greatness beyond the reach of Greek heroes past. "Nor should you", Leonel replied, "There's a saying I abide by. The weak focus on the strong, and the strong focus on strength. Be it literal or of character", and it seemed that in being wholly and unapologetically herself as opposed to like a Heracles and so on, Shield-Maiden abided by it as well. "As for our common enemy, it's none of them", the Prince of Power answered, his eyes never breaking from hers, holding her gaze like a warrior holds their sword. "Our enemy is the Abyssal Imperium. A powerful space-faring empire led by a tyrant as old as the universe itself".

"He - it - goes by the name of Nordok. But across the stars, many fear it's name so much they don't dare say it. They simply call it the Ancient One", Leonel paused. "And the Imperium's attacked Earth before. A cosmic empire hellbent on conquest with a leader who claims to own all of space won't leave Earth to it's devices forever. I want to destroy the Imperium. And if you value Earth, so should you. I'll need your help against them, Shield-Maiden. You and others I intend to find".

#7902 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_leo:

Post should be up by tonight. I think you are going to enjoy this one way more.

#7903 Posted by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio
#7904 Edited by Shield-Maiden (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_leo:

Eyes narrowed, she kept her eyes fixated on his as he descended from the sky-like a divine-being from myth; Zeus, her grandfather, in particular. In Ancient Greek tales, the Ruler of Olympus would descend from Mount Olympus to woo any mortal woman he found appealing. No, this man was not attempting to woo her, but he did descend in a similar fashion. He looked proud, commanding, and held a substantial amount of self respect. The more he displayed through his body language and abilities, the more intel she gathered on how to deal with the situation if it came to that point. Like the famous military strategist and philosopher, Sun Tzu, once said. "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle." Of course, it was never that simple, but the principle was true and still relevant in modern warfare.

"Nor should you",

"There's a saying I abide by. The weak focus on the strong, and the strong focus on strength. Be it literal or of character",

His response caught her by surprise, amusing her at best-an eyebrow quirked. "A Heracles who indulges himself in philosophy," She said in thought. "How interesting." Her thumb rested on her chin. This is why she avoided judging someone's intelligence and character by their physical appearance. Appearances could be deceiving as proven time and time again in history. Ivar the Boneless, son of Ragnarr Loþbrók, her favorite inspirational tale, was a perfect example. Ivar the Boneless was not like any ordinary child in the Northmen world. According to Norse tale, he was born with twisted, deformed legs, like a serpent. Because of this, he was shunned by his people and underestimated. A crippled boy could not have a future in the "Viking" world, they thought. But, Ivar the Boneless proved otherwise. According to legend, Ivar became the most feared Norseman-violent and cruel, he was. He ruled over his people and led an army of warriors in the name of Odin during their raids against England. What he lacked in physical performance, he gained in knowledge, wisdom, deception, and strategic warfare. He truly was a serpent.

No Caption Provided

"You sound like a Spartan," She teased, her eyebrow still raised. "But this saying you abide by, it depends. Strength is useful. But only when used wisely and intelligently. If you are prone to outburst and suffer from overconfidence, your strength will mean nothing when confronting an opponent who is calm, calculative, unpredictable, quick-witted, and just as vigorous as you. Look to the rivalry between Athena and Ares for insight," She kept her eyes locked on his eyes as she spoke. Her eyes brought light into the ocean abyss that were his eyes. For some strange reason, she felt connected to this man, drawn to him like the two were the Yin and Yang of each other, the modern day Mars and Athena.

Pacing back and forth, thumb resting on chin, Helena listened carefully as the warrior explained, her supposed mutual enemy. A line of light pierced through the heart of Ouranos and onto her vambraces and armor, causing them to gleam with a faint moonlight aura-silver streaks as she paced. A being as old as the cosmos? As old as Chaos, the first primordial deity, and creator of the universe? She wanted to utter the word impossible, but she knew better. According to humanity, she did not exist. So how could she deny the possibility of a being older than Chaos himself?

"He - it - goes by the name of Nordok. But across the stars, many fear it's name so much they don't dare say it. They simply call it the Ancient One",

"And the Imperium's attacked Earth before. A cosmic empire hellbent on conquest with a leader who claims to own all of space won't leave Earth to it's devices forever. I want to destroy the Imperium. And if you value Earth, so should you. I'll need your help against them, Shield-Maiden. You and others I intend to find".

Helena placed her finger in between her lips as she absorbed all the information given to her. Part of her wanted to decline and just focus on her journey, but a compelling desire to protect the world, humanity, and western civilization, wrestled against her. If this empire, driven by imperialism, succeeded in their conquest on earth, all will be lost; the truth about her life will fade like Helios, the gates of Hades will flood with innocents, and the prophecy will never be citied, ensuring the destruction of the west. For a reason she could not explain, she had to defend western civilization and humanity, as if her essence depended on it. "Very well. I accept," She paused briefly. "So. Have you gathered anything vital that may give us an advantage over our enemy?" She asked, folding her lean arm muscles against her chest as she kept her eyes intertwined with his-like Hermes' Caduceus. "What is the size of their forces?" Her tone was just as commanding as his. "Natural Resources? Invading a planet the size of earth will cost a substantial amount. This Nordok must know, earth will not surrender easily, especially with powerful beings occupying it. Space or not, the lifeblood of war is resources. So what are his?" She asked him. "And who are you seeking to aid us?"

Really enjoyed this post, hope you enjoy it as well. Key things to point out: I made a clear distinction between Ares and Mars (Ares Roman Counterpart). So when I compared Leo to Mars, it's a compliment. Now, if I compared you to Ares, that would be an insult lol. I could explain how Mars differs from Ares later, if you want. Another thing, Helena was given the "WW getup," but she refuses to wear it for reasons explained in one of my JLA post. So as of now, she is wearing armor similar to that of Sif in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. After the Apollo RP, which is coming up, she will don the WW outfit ;D.

#7905 Posted by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden:

"That is strength", Leonel added, as calm as he was assertive, "To use one's literal strength wisely and intelligently takes strength of character, strength of mind. Strength of different kinds, but strength nonetheless", he paused, fully descending from the air to stand before her, arms crossed before his chest, his eyes regarding hers as she regarded his - one war god to another. Mars to Athena indeed. Yet Leonel found her to be equal parts Aphrodite and Athena. Interesting. "Though I'm not sure if I'd rather sound Spartan or Roman", he bantered, his air as magnetic as his posture was strong. Holding her gaze, his body facing hers, the Prince of Power could not help but lift his chin in silent approval of her willingness to battle the Imperium.

"Good. We're now a step closer to doing to the Imperium what Rome did to Carthage", complete annihilation, in other words.

"So. Have you gathered anything vital that may give us an advantage over our enemy?"

"Of course"

"Of course. I'd be a fool to ask anyone to join a war with me otherwise", Leonel quipped, his lips teasing a smirk before once more donning a general's war face. "Firstly, the Imperium fleet is large enough for the Ancient One to maintain a stranglehold on vast stretches of space. Multiple systems and civilizations are under his hold. Many more advanced than Earth's. But Earth's x-factor is, as you pointed out, in the amount of metahumans here. They can do what mankind's armies can't; fight a space war. But the Imperium fleet is large and powerful, and the Ancient One even more-so. Defeating his fleet will be easier because his fleet has the same problems any dedicated space fleet will have; heat management", the Prince of Power paused before briefly casting his gaze skyward. "Think of how aerial combat happens on Earth or in any atmosphere. Exciting and hectic. But the margin for error is different in space. The dynamics of war change".

"First comes the heat management. Heat is lost in three ways inside an atmosphere, Shield-Maiden. Convection, conduction, and radiation. But in space with no atmosphere? Heat can only be lost through radiation - the slowest form of heat loss. And every battleship in space is an oven waiting to melt, especially the ones as heavy duty as the Imperium's. All the electronics in their ships produce heat, every shield-generator produces heat, every engine maneuver, every weapons system, every hit suffered, it all produces heat. And the on-board crew needs will need warmth to survive in the low temperatures of space". Now, Leonel smirked, knowing that Shield-Maiden, another warrior, a student of war, would understand where the Imperium's weakness lied. "At some point during battle, their ships will be producing more heat than they can lose, and surrender will be their only option should their ships literally melt and their ship crews be cooked alive".

"Overheating them is simple. We make them work. We attack them. And as for our coalition of allies overheating, I'll see to it that that doesn't happen. I can absorb thermal radiation, the heat. If the heat level for our allies rises, I can absorb enough of it and redirect all that thermal radiation the Imperium's way". Unfolding his arms, Leonel continued, "There's more, of course, but I'd rather lay out a full plan once everyone is gathered. And as for everyone else I intend to gather", he said, his eyes still on hers, still bold, "Two friends of mine, an nGod who has experience battling the Imperium, and whoever else I can manage. A sorcerer would be helpful. One with whom to combine my science with their mystical expertise to counter the Ancient One's cosmic sorcery".

#7906 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_leo:

"To use one's literal strength wisely and intelligently takes strength of character, strength of mind. Strength of different kinds, but strength nonetheless",

No Caption Provided

A smile washed over her lips as he went on about his saying. Her lips pressed together with one side slightly risen. A smug smile and a face of amusement had overtaken the muscles on her face. "I couldn't agree more," She paused, her eyes followed his as he descended vertically. One thing she learned growing up as a child was to never take your eyes off your opponent or a stranger, even if they were intriguing, showed hospitality, and blessed with a striking appearance. Leo displayed all those qualities. His face was confident, masculine, hardened-like a warrior, but handsome; she could see that clearly now that they were standing before one another.

"Wisdom is scarce these days, wouldn't you agree? But you, Leo. You have the blessing of Athena." She complimented, intrigued by his mind. Helena refused to reveal she was a daughter of Athena; the less he knew about her, the better. If he discovered she was a child of Athena, he could deduce her capabilities and weaknesses, giving him a possible advantage over her. She did find him intriguing; he was sincere, affable, wise, and noble. But, she knew very little of him. All she knew was that he heard tales about her and needed her help to stop an invasion on earth-if that were even true anyway. Until there was confirmation of an empire roaming the cosmos, conquering civilizations, she needed to keep certain truths about herself a secret and her heart guarded. For all she knew, he could of been sent by the Olympians to gain her trust and then smite her. Constantly fending for herself, hunted, deceived, and betrayed, made her think this way-along with being a daughter of Athena.

"Two friends of mine, an nGod who has experience battling the Imperium, and whoever else I can manage. A sorcerer would be helpful. One with whom to combine my science with their mystical expertise to counter the Ancient One's cosmic sorcery".

The two discussed like they were strategos-generals in a tent, planning and conducting a campaign. Helena nodded in approval as Leo successfully laid out what she asked for, impressing her even further. He even managed to come up with a tactical plan to deal with their space fleet, proving his mind was on pair with the great Odysseus-intelligent and versatile. She had to admit, this was all too elaborate to be false; there had to be an Imperium. Nevertheless, the former princess still wanted confirmation of this empire's existence. She needed to be able to trust this man before going into battle with him.

Not knowing much about the Imperium, she knew she was no help at this moment with formulating an elaborate plan to assist Leo; she first needed to learn more about the imperialist empire before coming up with her own strategic plan to win this yet to be war over earth. Hearing Leo needing the aid of a sorcerer, plastered a smirk across her lips. "You need a sorcerer, you say? I happen to befriend one," She revealed. "His name is mister_surreal, and he claims to be the Supreme Sorcerer," The corner of her lip twitched in disbelief. "If you ask me, I believe he's a Supreme Sorcerer, but not the Supreme Sorcerer. Nevertheless, he is fights by my side with the Justice League Alliance. He is a friend, and I owe him my life. So, would you be willing to recruit him? His hands and mind are as divine as Hekate." Recruiting a friend she trusted with her life was the best tactical play on her part; Mister Surreal had almost given his life to save hers from the wrath of her half-uncle, Ares. Not only that, but he was willing to bargain himself to the God of War in exchange for the freedom of the heroes, including her-a stranger to him. Mister Surreal had won her trust and she would certainly die for him if Death-Thanatos called her home. "By the way. Forgive me for not introducing myself as you did. My name is Helena Troy, and I would prefer if you call me by my name."

#7907 Posted by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden:

"You have a military mind"

Atop the mountain, the wind swept away the rock and dust as the day cooled, yet as Leonel's cape flowed with the gust of air, his eyes never strayed from the demigoddess before him. She was tall and strong, her posture proud but guarded, her beauty as clear as her mettle as a warrior, and her mind as sharp as her wit. 'Interesting', the Prince of Power thought. "Hmm, the stories about you made no mention of you being a flatterer", he bantered, matching her amused smile with his own, "But maybe you aren't and I should be honored", Leonel teased, "Although I don't know who to thank". Boldly stepping forward to glide at the fringes of her personal space, the subtle warmth from the energies running in his veins radiating out to drape her skin like a winter's coat, the Prince of Power held her gaze - and his head in a slight tilt to the right.

"You for the flattery or Athena for the blessing?", he glided back, "Though I admit, she's blessed you too. You ask the right question. About tactics. About the enemy's weakness. Even the way you regard me with your own eyes", he pointed out, his smile pulling back into a measured smirk, "You study how I stand, how I walk, because my movement and posture can reveal a lot. Maybe an injury I never recovered from. How defensive or trusting I might be. You're always ready, so you don't have to get ready. It's smart", he approved, "You have a military mind. And that, I respect". A respect well earned in Leonel's mind. "That military mind though, it tells me something. Because few heroes have it. Heroes often have the mentality of firemen, not warriors. You're different. So you were either raised to think this way, or circumstances in your life forced you to think in no other way but that of a guarded warrior. And to that, I can relate".

"Our pasts, or at the very least our paths, might be more similar than we realize. I've made an ass of myself in the past by being far too solitary for my own good. Because I could relate to no one in this world. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me", Leonel paused, again stepping forward, this time with a device, a crimson sphere with an ivory button he handed to Helena, "But I've reason to believe you're going through a similar experience. So take this. Or throw it away, your actions depend on you. But if you need someone to whom you can relate, press that button and I might show up", Leonel teased. "I don't trust many people, but I also know what it's like to be both a stranger in the world and raised in an environment where not being guarded will get you betrayed at best, and killed at worst. Again, if I'm reading into things too much, don't hesitate to correct me", he smiled, arms crossed over his chest once more.

If he was wrong, then at the very least, the Prince of Power'd have made a powerful ally in the demigoddess. "As for your sorcerer friend, I have to say you've exceeded my expectations, Helena Troy. I'd like to meet him as soon as possible".

#7908 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

"Hmm, the stories about you made no mention of you being a flatterer"

"But maybe you aren't and I should be honored",

"Although I don't know who to thank"

"You for the flattery or Athena for the blessing?",

No Caption Provided

Earth's atmosphere opened it's mouth and exhaled a gust of wind-Eurus, God of Autumn and the East Wind, seemingly took offense to the dominant warrior's flirtation and observation. Her long wavy hair swept over her face as the gentle kisses from the Autumn God became vengeful. "Flattery is used to win favor over someone, Spartan of the Cosmos. It is one of the oldest forms of deception; often displayed by those who associate themselves with the slithering serpent. Those who have mastered it's power in history, toppled kingdoms, empires, started conflicts, genocide, ruined families, and far worse. So no; I mean what I say." She replied, slightly smiling as she gently guided her oily black hair from her face. The muscles on her face and smile showed she was amused by his romancing.

No Caption Provided

But, all that was cut short when he drifted toward her unexpectedly. Reacting swifter than Apollo drew his bow, a long sharp object was drawn-polished and ready to penetrate through the most dense of skins. Now, pointing directly toward his pelvis, was a lengthy bladed dagger, preventing him from getting any closer. She purposely aimed for his pelvis as the nerve bundle was located in the region. If stabbed and penetrated, a sharp pain would distribute throughout his body like a plague sent by Apollo. The Greco-Roman dagger was modeled after the Parazonium, a long triangular dagger, used by prominent members in the Roman Parthenon, the Roman Emperor, Roman Officers, and even Greek Officers. The dagger was given to her during her induction into the Tribe of Artemis, a ceremony hosted by Artemis herself. All huntress carried the concealed dagger in case a mythological creature of the wild attacked them head on. She wasn't sure if the dagger would even penetrate through his skin if he glided into the blade; it was used only to hunt mythical animals with dense skin like the Nemean Lion, but she soon would find out if he laid a hand on her.

Her striking "electrified" eyes narrowed as she gazed deeply into his abyss-like eyes, challenging him. It felt as if the two were lions circling around each other-eyes locked, seeking to overthrow the other for control. Feeling a cozy warmth suddenly spread throughout her smooth skin, Helena realized Leo meant no harm and was only trying to counter the wrath of Eurus. She didn't realize how cold she was until she glanced over to her arm, goosebumps invading her skin like the Battle of Marathon. Looking rather foolish, she lowered her dagger and slid it back down her leather scabbard, sheathing it once more. Her eyes left his and drifted away like the wind currents produced by the Anemoi-Wind Gods. Her stern face was now filled with sadness. "Forgive me....I....Let us pretend this never occured, shall we." She stuttered, a conflicting battle roared within her.

The feeling felt so similar to that of when Ares induced her with rage. She hated it. She wanted to pour her heart out to him, telling him of her journey and suffering, but the dominant half wrestled against that desire and won like how Pankration was invented; Heracles and Theseus wrestling and boxing with their opponents. Telling someone who did not have her trust more about herself was fatal and unwise; she didn't even know if this invading empire truly existed or if he was an instrument used by the Gods.

"Though I admit, she's blessed you too. You ask the right question. About tactics. About the enemy's weakness. Even the way you regard me with your own eyes",

"You study how I stand, how I walk, because my movement and posture can reveal a lot. Maybe an injury I never recovered from. How defensive or trusting I might be. You're always ready, so you don't have to get ready. It's smart",

"You have a military mind. And that, I respect".

"That military mind though, it tells me something. Because few heroes have it. Heroes often have the mentality of firemen, not warriors. You're different. So you were either raised to think this way, or circumstances in your life forced you to think in no other way but that of a guarded warrior. And to that, I can relate".

Leo said as she watched him glide backwards with the corner of her eye, probably realizing he should give her some space. Refocusing her mysterious eyes back on him, she managed to half-heartedly smile. She had to admit, she was once again amused, but also surprised, on guard, and plagued with a deep sadness. Surprised and amused because no one has ever been able to deduce her analytical habit, except Artemis. Sad because no matter how much her emotions cried out, she needed to guard herself. Guarded once again because this man was just as observing as she was, revealing he was a threat if it came to a confrontation. If she was being honest with herself, she prayed he was being truthful and sincere. The warmth produced from his body played a role in compelling her to pour out to him; It felt as if he was Apollo himself, radiant and warmly sheltered like a firepit. "Thank you," She nodded over his compliment. "I must admit, you managed to impress me. No one of yet has been able to read through me as I have with them. Until now," She half-truthfully said. Artemis and the Tribe were a big part of her life, it was best to leave that out....for now. "Only very few have successfully achieved such a task."

"Our pasts, or at the very least our paths, might be more similar than we realize. I've made an ass of myself in the past by being far too solitary for my own good. Because I could relate to no one in this world. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me",

"But I've reason to believe you're going through a similar experience. So take this. Or throw it away, your actions depend on you. But if you need someone to whom you can relate, press that button and I might show up",

"I don't trust many people, but I also know what it's like to be both a stranger in the world and raised in an environment where not being guarded will get you betrayed at best, and killed at worst. Again, if I'm reading into things too much, don't hesitate to correct me",

"As for your sorcerer friend, I have to say you've exceeded my expectations, Helena Troy. I'd like to meet him as soon as possible".

No Caption Provided

The two warriors journey's definitely shared some similarities. If what he was telling her was true, maybe they could confide and befriend one another. But right now, she needed proof of the Imperium's existence and to trust him. Zeus and the Gods were hunting her down relentlessly for unknown reasons, she could not afford to be deceived....not again. "Our lives do bare similarities, Leo; the Fates are laughing at us as we speak. But, there is more to my life than you perceived and I am certain it is the same with you." She responded, watching as he dared approached her once more, his arm extended outwards with a communications device in his hand.

This time she did not draw her dagger, instead she wondered if he was hoping she would not stab him. Staring downwards, Helena slowly reached out and grasped the device in his hand. The warmth radiating from his body seemingly increased as if he was overjoyed with the fact that she taking the device. Managing a sincere smile-dazzled with beauty, the former princess took the device. "Very well." She nodded. "You have exceeded my expectations as well, Leo. I do pray you are telling the truth....for your sake," A confident smirk smeared across her lips. "As for my companion; I can always arrange a meeting between you two, but you must inform me when you are ready. I believe me and him are still telepathically linked, just thought you should know."

@king_leo@mister_surreal

Do you want to bring Mister Surreal now or are you going to do something with him individually? Does he even know, lol?

#7909 Edited by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden: @mister_surreal

"Don't apologize"

With eyes as sharp as Helena's sword, Leonel's gaze had caught the twitch of the muscle fibers in her hand - and his ears the sound of her joints moving and her sword cutting through the air. Posture unchanged and confidence unshaken, the Prince of Power was daring, meeting the silver gleam of Helena's blade with a warrior's calm. Lifting his eyes from her sword, Leonel answered Helena's challenge as any warrior would - as any warrior should - without fear. So he waited, saying nothing but holding her gaze all the same. With eyes blue like cold fire, Leonel's quiet intensity wrestled with Helena's Amazonian aggression till she lowered her blade. She stuttered an apology, and his cape flowed with her words. "Don't apologize", he returned, "Had you been the one stepping close, I'd have reacted similarly. But with particle beams instead of a sword", Leonel smiled.

"You're a warrior and I'm a stranger. I'd be disappointed if you hadn't reacted that way". Above them, the blue in the sky paled, and the air cooled. So out Leonel's cells climbed thermal radiation - a subtle heat to blanket the air, and Helena. "Oh? For my sake? Is that - a challenge?", Leonel bantered, his stride bringing him closer still, his eyes as daring as ever, and his smirk matching hers, "Because I don't shy away from one", he flirted with a quick glance at her lips, his nerve as solid as the steel of her sword. "This time, don't apologize for pulling that sword out", he teased, gliding back with a low laugh. "And it goes without saying that you've exceeded my expectations as well. However, I owe you evidence of the Imperium. So, a moment", a pause, and the air rippled. Out ordinary space-time, poked a window from Leonel's Hypercube. A window that bridged the mountain's space-time coordinates with those of Imperium-controlled space. And one through which Helena and all who gazed upon it could see first Eristes, Imperium fleets mastering the cosmos, and Infernus, a hostile graveyard of cosmic dust, negative energies and leftover Imperium death-machines.

"The Imperium is real, Helena", Leonel said, waving the mirror away, paying it no mind as the Hypercube retreated to Augusta. "I wouldn't be here if it wasn't. Because I don't deal in legends. I deal in reality. And ours is in great danger from the Imperium. The Ancient One won't stop until he's claimed the entire universe as his own. I've lost a war before, a universe before - and you can count that as the last time I ever allow that to happen", he paused, driven to challenge and overcome the Imperium. The Ancient One had infected the mind of his friend, Trinity. The Imperium proved a stiff enough enemy to draw the warrior's hunger from him. And above all, it was a threat to anything and everything. "Now, about your companion", Leonel continued, "I'm ready now. See, you're not the only one who stays ready so they don't have to get ready", a smirk, daring and teasing. "Reach out to him. It's time we start the beginning of the end of the Imperium".

Let's bring Mister Surreal in now! And no he doesn't know, but RPG is spontaneous so... ;P

#7910 Posted by Mister_Surreal (4478 posts) - - Show Bio
#7911 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: @king_leo:

I was thinking through the telepathic link we established during War and Monsters? If you want to post and control my character, you have my permission. Or, you can just wait for my next post, up to you magic guy. Btw Leo, amazing post.

#7912 Edited by Mister_Surreal (4478 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_leo: @shield-maiden:

I would prefer it if you called Mister Surreal telepathically with your next post, If you don't mind. Being able to summon him with a thought is something that Helena should be able to do.

#7913 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1427 posts) - - Show Bio
#7914 Edited by Shield-Maiden (1427 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Helena titled her head, a sly smirk still dominating her lips. The more the two surprised one another, the more she felt drawn to him for reasons she did not understand. She felt this feeling when she met Superion and Mister Surreal, but now the Fates were trying to reveal something about the man that stood before her. He stood-close, inches from her body-a sharpened blade, gleaming from earth's life source-separating the two from being any closer than they should. His chest was thrust forward, shoulders pulled back and leveled-indicating he was confident, she would not impale him with the dagger held in her hand. He was right. His face displayed no signs of fear, further proving his confidence. But, she knew the only reason he felt that way was because he was certain, she would not harm him. For some reason, Leo could see through her guarded personality as if the two grew up together. Maybe the two shared more similarities than she thought.

Nevertheless, all warriors experienced the wrath of Phobos, God of Fear, from time to time-no warrior could escape his grasp. But, true warriors never allowed fear to imprison them. "Are you certain? Judging by how close I am," She inched closer and removed her dagger once more, the point of her blade now touching it's designated target. "You'll be a dead man." She teased, her eyebrow quirked-zygomatic muscles pulled her cheek and lips into a smirk. Their eyes remained locked, fire and ice in a fierce gladiatorial match, one element trying to conquer the other. The two playfully "scuffled," like two wolves leaping at each other, wrapping their forepaws around each other's necks. Noticing it was getting too much for her, she stepped back and slid her dagger back down her thigh and into her leather scabbard. "A challenge? Possibly. But, I think you revealed more about your capabilities than I did." She wanted to laugh with joy, but she held herself back. "Keep your emotions and head clear, Helena. He is a potential adversary, not an ally. Until proven otherwise." She thoughtfully reminded herself.

I owe you evidence of the Imperium. So, a moment",

"Wait, what?!" She jolted in her mind. It was like this man-this warrior was reading her mind, listening to every thought that flowed through her. But, that was impossible. Her golden tiara-her mother's weaponized tiara made it impossible for telepaths to attack her mind or even know her thoughts. Trusting in her mother's gift and now knowing her mother was Athena, Helena ruled out the possibility of a breach, knowing her mother was the most precautious being in the "world." Or maybe, he just understood her and was able to take educated guesses. Glancing at Leo with a curious expression and then above, she wondered what could he possibly show her that would prove the Imperium's existence. The air whispered and suddenly a small series of waves formed before her very own eyes. "By the Gods..." She murmured to herself in astonishment, her eyes wide and full of wonder. Then, all her distrust toward Leo faded like Helios. A dimensional window opened up, revealing all the proof she needed to trust him-a bland planet, a large fleet that made the fictional Empire from Star Wars look obsolete-Superion introduced her to the movie, and a space graveyard full of ruins and floating machinery, tainting a part of Chaos-the Cosmos itself. "Hēphaistose would certainly love it there," She pointed to the graveyard, her Greek pronunciation overwhelmed the name Hephaestus.

Then, it dawned on her. What if, somehow, they could seek out Hephaestus who could get them a piece of that floating equipment. Hephaestus was the God of Blacksmiths and Metalworking, and much more. If anybody could forge them weaponry and armor to combat the Imperium, it was him. The only problem with her plan: Hephaestus was an Olympian, possibly seeking to implant her essence into one of his automatons. But, were all her relatives seeking to destroy her? Thanatos cared little for the affairs of Olympus, Ares was seeking to destroy her for his own purposes, Artemis adopted her into her tribe as a child and even shielded her from the wrath of Zeus, and Athena-her mother, told her to seek Apollo for the answers she sought and to learn of the great prophecy. Running the idea through her head, she came to the conclusion that seeking Hephaestus was not such a bad idea. It was risky-she hated risk, but the more they were prepared for an invasion as such as this, their chances of success increased. It was a bold plan, she'll pass on to Leo once Mister Surreal was summoned.

Because I don't deal in legends. I deal in reality. And ours is in great danger from the Imperium. The Ancient One won't stop until he's claimed the entire universe as his own. I've lost a war before, a universe before - and you can count that as the last time I ever allow that to happen",

Helena listened as Leo explained, his tone as serious as her mother's, but also different. Unlike Athena, Helena could hear the pain in his voice as he explained his failures. It struck her heart like an arrow dipped in sadness, loosed by Apollo. She too was haunted by her failures. The failure to protect her people from the invasion that chased out her when she was a little girl. The failure to protect her friends who journeyed with her to obtain a power to prevent some prophecy shown to her by a later revealed trickster. Leo and her shared similar burdens, she saw that now. And, she could trust him now that he revealed the evidence she needed. "Hear me. I do not know you. You do not know me. But, I vow to my mother, Athena, and...I can't believe I am saying his foul name," Her lips tremored and her expression disturbed. "I also vow to Ares, I will not allow this world to be conquered. We will not allow it." She approached him until they were inches from each other. "If these invaders seek war, then let us bathe them in blood." She expended her arm outward for a handshake. An alliance was in the making.

"Now, about your companion",

"I'm ready now. See, you're not the only one who stays ready so they don't have to get ready",

"Reach out to him. It's time we start the beginning of the end of the Imperium".

Helena shook her head with a warm smile, holding back a laugh. A man of humor, despite dealing with his own trials and tribulations. Admirable. She once was prone to laughter and humor, but those days were long gone. Maybe, the Fates brought Leo into her life to breath life into her "dead" personality. "Indeed. Just as the Roman Empire fell, so will this Empire." She said before tapping into the telepathic link that Mister Surreal bestowed on the League during their "clash" with Ares. "Matthew? I seek your aid, it is as urgent as Ares. If you can hear me, teleport to me with haste."

@king_leo@mister_surreal

#7915 Posted by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: @shield-maiden:

"You'll be a dead man"

"The same aggression we'll use to bathe the Imperium in their own blood"

"That or you'll break your sword, and I'll be disappointed", the Prince of Power bantered, his eyes as daring as they were blue, and his smirk as flirtatious as his stride was bold. "I wouldn't mind finding out", his brow cocked while his feet glided closer, "Helena Troy". But alas, their teasing and taunting died down with a cool mountain breeze, and their flirtation gave way to a matter most serious. The Hypercube had regressed, and Leonel met Helena's eyes once more, this time widened with shock instead of steely with nerve. "A daughter of Athena?", he said, shock quickly replaced by interest and a returning smile. Measured and and confident, he continued. "I guess that explains your wisdom and your combat readiness. You're the daughter of a war goddess. Fighting is in your blood. Be it with words", he paused, his eyes glancing down at her sword with a low laugh, "Or with swords".

"You've been taught well, Helena. I like your aggression. Most people view aggression as a negative trait", Leonel paused, allowing his words to linger between them as his cape fluttered and his mouth pulled back into a smile as true as Helena was strong. "I disagree. The same aggression that people fear from others, that the ancient Greeks feared from Ares, is the same aggression that soldiers use to fight for their own country. The same aggression you use to fight for this world. And the same aggression we'll use to bathe the Imperium in their own blood", he nodded, his hand atop hers - a mark of dominance - as they shook hands. Withdrawing his hand, Leonel caught the subtle twitch of her facial muscles. Helena yearned to laugh, yet she refused. Her past it seemed, weighed more heavily on her than he'd realized. "Be sure to use that device I gave you. We'll go over our war strategy to use against the Imperium, and the tactics we'll use to implement that strategy".

"It'll also do you some good to have an escape from the things that trouble you. Things have a habit of seeming... small when we're in space. Among the stars it's easy for everything, our troubles and trials, to feel so far away. Especially in good company", he smiled, "Or at least in my company", he shrugged, his air one of wit, charm and confidence. "And yes, I live in space. Earth is fine though, even if a little dusty", the Prince of Power quipped and smiled. "Now then, for the Imperium to fall", he resumed, the cool focus and commander's steel returning to his eyes, "We need your sorcerer friend here and now. Because the Ancient One's cosmic sorcery is something I'll need your friend's help with. And if your friend identifies as a Sorcerer Supreme, then who better than him? Hopefully he won't keep us waiting".

"But you trusted my judgment, Helena", Leonel smiled, "I'll trust yours".

#7916 Posted by Mister_Surreal (4478 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry for the late reply you two. I will try to have my post up around some time on Wednesday. I will make it at latest the day after that.

#7917 Posted by Grimmwald (3088 posts) - - Show Bio
#7918 Edited by Mister_Surreal (4478 posts) - - Show Bio

The sanctum was filled with only the sweet aroma of silence and peace that was so very often lost this world. Each room had been emptied and left with only their usual components that filled the space between walls. Artifacts, relics, books and the like were the only things to be in this location at the time. Only a gentle breeze could be heard flowing through the halls of this place and even that was quiet enough to be overlooked. This was the type of environment that Mister Surreal, The Master of the Mystic Arts, craved. Ever since he had opened his doors to the public, building was a filled with noise on a regular basis, except for the few days like his where there was only sound of his own thoughts to annoy him.

"Matthew? I seek your aid, it is as urgent as Ares. If you can hear me, teleport to me with haste."

Matthew’s thoughts at the moment were focused on regulating his senses and achieving genuine tranquility that was very much needed by him at the moment. Ever since he had begun investigating the abnormalities that had been springing across the solar system of worlds known as the nine realms, his mind and senses were forced to gather all of their higher capabilities. Every action that he made was for the sake of furthering his efforts in his current investigation, which had recently hit a road block. Which is why he was hanging upside down, with his eyes closed and his legs crossed. It wasn’t unusual for him to look like a royal fool, but it was certainly outside of “normal” behavior.

As this meditation form was going on, the sorcerer’s thoughts, or lack their of, were interrupted by the sound of someone’s voice calling out for his attention. His eyes flung open abruptly in surprise, his mind had fallen into an almost trance like state that had nulled his factory senses for the purpose of allowing true clarity to sink in. He took a few moments to adjust to this new sensation and respond accordingly. After recognizing the person, Shield Maiden, who had been speaking to him he immediately made ready for himself to go to her location. Taking a moment to collect himself, he began to locate Helena’s current position.

No Caption Provided

Having a mental link with here did have its own set of advantages, they were able to contact each other at a moments notice and quickly relay information. In this case, he would be able to find her position in an extremely short period of time and be able get there in the span of a few seconds. He searched her thoughts within the message and located the region that Helena was in, only moments later creating a ring of swirling orange energy that pride open the space-time continuum itself revealing the new location to Matthew. His face was exposed to the winds of the mountain that had been sucked into his sanctum.

After briefly closing his eyes, he reopened them to see his beautiful friend Helena standing below him along with another man who he has never seen before. He had muscular build, with his broad shoulders and puffed out chest, reminding him very much of Superion who also had a similar appearance to this stranger. This person had a suit that seemed have been very well made by someone or something that wanted a great layer of protection for whoever was to wear the suit, not to mention the cape that hung down from his torso. He wondered who exactly this person was and how he factored into Helena calling himself into whatever it was that’s she wanted him to go to her for. “I’m here Shield-Maiden. Why did you summon me?”, he asked politely.

As he lowered himself down onto the ground of the mountainous terrain, the sorcerer glanced upwards at the clouds that Shawn with the light of the sun beaming through the essence of all of it.He hadn’t been outside in about two weeks, ever since he began meditating as deeply as he had time began to escape him he became more reclusive. It was a good feeling to be back outside again, the suns rays were full of nutrients, not only for the body but also for the soul. Some say that the sun is an orb of spiritual energy that controls the aspects of life itself. The sorcerer didn’t necessarily believe that to be the case, but some thing that he could not disagree with was that it was good for him to be outside. Looking back to Helena, he continued. “You sounded urgent, are you O.K.?”, he asked with concern.

#7919 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1427 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

The playful exchange between the two warriors faded quicker than the swiftness of Hermes. It had to. Helena refused to succumb to the temptations of Aphrodite and her sadistic son, Eros. If the winged child attempted to loose arrows at her, she vowed to catch them as they pierced through the heart of the Ouranos, and then break them in half before they struck her heart. She would not fall victim to affection in any form. Leo managed to impress her and earn her trust, a task as challenging as the Twelve Labours of Heracles. He was a wise strategist, something that wooed her as she valued a man who studied military science and all it's aspects. While she did not favor war and believed it should be enacted as a last resort, she still felt drawn to it as if it were calling to her like the enchanting Sirens. He was blessed with the courage of Achilles, the virtue of Perseus, the might of Heracles, and the stature of Ajax.

It was courageous for a man to stand in the way of an advanced technological empire, one responsible for conquering more civilizations than the Roman Empire itself, and dare to challenge it. He was virtuous for refusing to stand idly by as other beings continued to live under oppression. Leo caught her attention because he was the only person she knew who could recite her tale just by gazing into her essence, a feat no man has been able to achieve thus far. She could go on and on. Despite everything, Helena refused to allow the Deities of Love to sway her. She refused to allow Superion or any man into her heart because guarding herself in all aspects-mental, spiritual, and physical, was the only thing she knew. When you lived your whole life a warrior and a princess, it was hard to think of anything but survival and taking care of your people. Not only that, but how could she become a victim of Aphrodite and Eros, when she was relentlessly being hunted by her own family. She could not bare to fall for someone and endanger them, even if they believed they could handle themselves. The list of reasons to ignore her conflicting emotions were as endless as the World Serpent of Old Norse.

"I guess that explains your wisdom and your combat readiness. You're the daughter of a war goddess. Fighting is in your blood. Be it with words",

Helena chuckled inwardly, amused by his reaction, but also by his playful arrogance. She couldn't tell you how many prejudged her weaponry without knowing their true capabilities. They saw a woman carrying a lasso and scoffed at her for carrying what they perceived as a useless weapon in this day of age. But, the look on their faces when they fell victim to the very thing they mocked was as amusing as a play about Jason and the Argonauts. "Yes," Her eyes drifted from his as the thought of being a daughter to a goddess of prominence and distinction was another burden compressing her shoulders. She felt like she was Atlas, tormented by baring the weight of the sky. "But," She paused, her eyes returning to his, flowing with striking blue "energy." "I never allowed the gifts of my parentage to hinder me from obtaining more wisdom and knowledge." She revealed, waving off any misconceptions before they implanted in his brain. Despite being born with vast intelligence and prowess in battle, she still trained and studied vigorously as if she was just an ordinary mortal.

"You've been taught well, Helena. I like your aggression. Most people view aggression as a negative trait",

"I disagree. The same aggression that people fear from others, that the ancient Greeks feared from Ares, is the same aggression that soldiers use to fight for their own country. The same aggression you use to fight for this world. And the same aggression we'll use to bathe the Imperium in their own blood",

Leo was right, she was aggressive; It was something she did not inherent from her mother or so it seemed. Did her fallen father, Ivar the Wise, pass his aggressive nature to her when she was conceived? Possibly. According to her mother and her people, Ivar was said to have fought in a trance of fury, slaying and plowing through armies. Hearing this, one would automatically assume he was as foolhardy as Ares, but that was far from the truth, at least according to the legend and witnesses. Her father perished on the battlefield, protecting Atholis from it's enemies, and fighting with the ferocity of Ares and the wits of Athena before he was struck down by wolves. That same berserker fury flickered within her, like a small flame attempting to intensify, but was immediately put out by the intensive rain. "I happen to agree with you. But aggression is only beneficial when enacted wisely," She placed the side of her thumb against her chin and began to rub her lip with the side of her finger as she paused, her mind in thought. "Many act with aggression, but do not know how to utilize it's overwhelming power. Ares, my uncle, is a perfect example of this; His overconfident, arrogant, and reckless nature, lead him to ruin in every tale, despite his overbearing aggression," She removed her finger from her enticing lips and fixed her alluring eyes of "electricity" on his dark blue eyes, bringing life to them as if she was a defibrillator. "But you already know this, of course."

"It'll also do you some good to have an escape from the things that trouble you. Things have a habit of seeming... small when we're in space. Among the stars it's easy for everything, our troubles and trials, to feel so far away. Especially in good company",

Her eyes glanced downwards, catching a glimpse of his hand atop of hers as they shook - a handshake that meant they were not equals. Whether this was done on purpose or not, she had to send a clear message that no man or woman dominated her, unless she wanted them to. She kept her eyes firmly fixed on his, the muscles surrounding her mouth formed into a smirk as she placed her other hand on top of his, hugging it - the politician's handshake, a handshake that represented diplomacy and professionalism. She believed this form of handshake gave the clear message; she would not be dominated-they were equals, and an alliance had now been formed.

As the two withdrew their hands, Leo managed to see through her once again. A minor detail-a muscle on her face probably gave it away-something deeply troubled her. She nodded, managing a weak smile as he told her to keep the device, and to meet with him later to combine their tactics and form a strategy that would dominate the Imperium. "My escape will be my desire to see the Imperium fall. Trust me, you need not worry of me." She reassured him. Helena knew how to separate the trials and tribulations plaguing her life from her duty; every sensible warrior had to, unless they wanted to perish on the battlefield or get someone else slain. Being the charmer that he was, Leo could not help himself when he said "Or at least in my company." It made Helena smile inwardly, but she refused to give affection anymore ground. Hearing his domain rested in the cosmos, did not surprise the demigod at all; It only confirmed what she already gathered from their meeting. "I know space all too well, believe me," She smirked, a reference to the JLA's base of operations. "Earth is a mess indeed. You know, I believe man is responsible for Pan being so fragile and weak; I pray my people have managed to aid him in his quest."

"We need your sorcerer friend here and now. Because the Ancient One's cosmic sorcery is something I'll need your friend's help with. And if your friend identifies as a Sorcerer Supreme, then who better than him? Hopefully he won't keep us waiting".

"Why is my presence growing tiresome?" She realized she slipped up and immediately went back on topic. "Mister Surreal is-" She paused as the man himself appeared above them, floating and looking as magical as ever; his blood red cloak with golden trims falling sway to the soothing breeze of Eurus.

"I'm here Shield-Maiden. Why did you summon me?”,

You sounded urgent, are you O.K.?”,

A warm smile washed over her mouth as her eyes rested on the Sorcerer Supreme. It was a smile that revealed he was a close companion of hers. "I am well, my friend. But our planet is not." Her face now as stern as the Athena Parthenos statue in Athens. "An oppressive empire sails the cosmos, wishing to invade and conquer our planet. My....." She paused as she glanced toward Leo, wondering what to call him now - companion or acquaintance. "I will give Leo the honors of filling you in." She gestured at the warrior since he knew more about the Imperium than she did.

@king_leo @mister_surreal Kind of slacked off toward the very end, wanted to get this post up by tonight lol.

#7920 Posted by Trinity-Blue (4129 posts) - - Show Bio

"Many act with aggression, but do not know how to utilize it's overwhelming power. Ares, my uncle, is a perfect example of this; His overconfident, arrogant, and reckless nature, lead him to ruin in every tale, despite his overbearing aggression,"

#7921 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

@trinity-blue: Too much? 😫😅

#7922 Posted by Trinity-Blue (4129 posts) - - Show Bio
#7923 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

@trinity-blue: But why? I wuv you though 😢.

I just noticed I made some mistakes with that sentence 😂

#7924 Posted by Trinity-Blue (4129 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden: Oh, a masochist, huh? I can work with that.

Trinity is literally all of those things she described.

#7925 Edited by Shield-Maiden (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

@trinity-blue: No, don't say that! T_T

No Caption Provided

Ah, I understand now. *Awkwardly walks away*

#7926 Posted by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: @shield-maiden:

Though he stood with a king's posture, his white cape flowing with the sun's soft glow, the Prince of Power was a god - a warrior - forged in the fires of Mars, of war. So as he and Helena locked eyes once more, Leonel felt her hand slide over his - a show of fire - and like any warrior, welcomed the challenge. "Bold", Leonel noted, cocking a brow and pulling her close till only an inch stood between them. "Not bad. But are you daring?", he challenged, seeming taller and larger up close, "Warriors usually are", Leonel teased with a smirk and quick glance at her lips. "So if you really want an answer to your question", he trailed off, his mind pulling back to one question.

"Why is my presence growing tiresome?"

"You have that device I gave you", the Prince of Power reminded, his gaze and shrug bold and unapologetic, like Caesar's refusal to dismiss his legions and submit to the Roman Senate. Soon however, Leonel felt a spike of energy permeate ordinary space-time, and from it emerged a sorcerer. Withdrawing his hand from Helena's, Leonel met eyes with the sorcerer before them. While Helena stood with the quiet fury of a war goddess, Mister Surreal oozed the mystique of a suave philosopher. Folding his arms behind his back, Leonel kept his chin high and his gaze as steely as Helena's sword. After a nod Helena's way, Leonel cast his gaze at Mister Surreal. "Sorcerer Supreme", he began, voice carrying the calmness and gravitas of his stride, "Or so I've been told", a smile and light quip, harmlessly, "Helena tells me you're one of the world's foremost sorcerers and experts in all things arcane".

"Good".

"It's led by a cosmic abomination"

"Because we can't settle for anything less. If it were up to me, we'd have met under better circumstances, and not because of this. But there's a danger on the horizon. Not just to Earth and it's people, or even the Solar System, but to your entire quadrant of the galaxy. And this planet's people aren't ready, not to face a threat that can bomb them from beyond their reach. There's an enemy in the cosmos. A power hungry empire by the name of the Abyssal Imperium", he paused, crossing his arms over his chest, the weight of his words filling the air. "And it's led by a cosmic abomination called Nordok, or the Ancient One to those who fear it. I've already given Helena a brief summary of the strategy and military tactics we'll use against the Imperium. But Nordok is a different story entirely".

"A thing - an it - Nordok's exactly what I described, an abomination. Of science and sorcery that've given it mastery over cosmic sorcery. The science doesn't trouble me, but the sorcery does, it's beyond my expertise but right and snug in yours. We'll need to combine our expertise. Science and magic. Killing Nordok won't be possible otherwise", Leonel said, "We need to prepare. We need to have a plan for Nordok, otherwise we'll succeed only in destroying it's physical body and it'll return some hundred years from now. There are key people for this effort, as the Imperium's sights aren't only set on Earth, but the entire universe. Nordok believes every star, planet and moon to belong to it. And there are people who disagree with him. One of whom commands a fleet that can challenge the Imperium's".

"I'm recruiting people for this effort. Helena's one of them, and she pointed me to you when I mentioned needing an arcane expert. I'm inclined to believe Athena's wisdom chose well", Leonel smiled with a teasing glance Helena's way. "But beyond needing an arcane expert, I need more than just the allies I know. Against Nordok and the Imperium, we'll need everything. I've fought that thing before. I know it well, and it knows me. But it doesn't know any of you or the allies you might have. And if any saying is true, it's that the punch that hurts the most", he paused, shifting his gaze from Mister Surreal to Helena, to a fellow warrior, "Is the one you don't see coming. So, do you have any brothers and sisters in arms for the coming war? Warriors who won't be compromised by notions of mercy and second chances".

"Because there is no mercy for the Imperium, and no second chances. Because the one chance we give the Imperium is the only chance it needs to kill us all".

#7927 Posted by Mister_Surreal (4478 posts) - - Show Bio
#7928 Edited by Mister_Surreal (4478 posts) - - Show Bio

As Mister Surreal lowered himself onto the ground himself to the ground, his eyes were still fixated upon the hero dressed in red and white, something that he himself being rather fond of on a visual level. The world had become more and more abundant with the number of superheroes and villains that inhabited as time went on, many of which wore costumes of all sorts, usually as a way of affixing their identity, protecting themselves from bodily harm, or both. Because of how normal it was these days to see someone where clothing of this nature, Mister Surreal it was no different from someone wearing a fancy suit for whatever reason they had. His thoughts focusing more on the information needed, the sorcerer's attention turned away from the suit that the man who stood in front of him wore but instead to the man who wore them, as well as the woman who had summoned him in the first place.

The information that Helena had now disclosed to him was not quite what he expected it to be, he was however unsuprised by the kind of threat that they were now dealing with. Countless beings across the stars and even the vastness of the multiverse itself had made their campaigns to take as much power as possible over all beings that they came across, even if that meant eliminating an extremely large number of innocent beings that got in their way. Power and control were concepts that even the most ignorant and unintelligent of sentient life forms were able to understand and keep as a regular part of their lives. However, since he needed to gain more information of the currently opposing threat, Mister Surreal did as he was told by Helena and the turned his attention back to the other person who was standing there at the moment.

"Helena tells me you're one of the world's foremost sorcerers and experts in all things arcane".

"I don't know about all things arcane, but I would say that my knowledge of the mystical arts is extensive.", he said in his own humble way. Mister Surreal listened tentatively as Leo explained the reality behind who lead the Imperium and what they were capable of doing when motivated to obtain whatever it was that its and and its fleet wanted. It was not uncommon for ancient beings of immense power to attempt to take authority over the a much territory as possible, the exact reason as to why this was something that occurred so often was a mystery to the sorcerer. But the matter at hand was the way of dealing with such an imposing threat. The main concept behind the forces of Nordok and the Imperium were not completely alien to Mister Surreal, yet he still felt as if they were outside of his realm of capability.

'So, do you have any brothers and sisters in arms for the coming war? Warriors who won't be compromised by notions of mercy and second '

"Because there is no mercy for the Imperium, and no second chances. Because the one chance we give the Imperium is the only chance it needs to kill us all".

No Caption Provided

The magic user paused and thought for a moment when he heard that question, if only to make sure that he was considering everyone who could help fight against this threat in an effective manner. "There are some who I know, but I'm not sure if they would be the best people to fight in this war.", he said with twinge of doubt weighing down his brow. Of those he knew who could in theory help these heroes in their efforts, very few of them would be willing to go as far as Leo said they would need to. There was Jack The Gripper, an ally that he had made during an adventure to capture as mystical artifact, but he was no heartless murderer. There was also his cousin Lucy Walker, aka, Zephyr . But from what Matthew could see, she was a tender soul who would never take a life. Thoughts of the...Other one did cross the sorcerer's mind, but the fact of the matter was that most would not be willing to do such things.

"The people I am in contact with may not be the aggressive warriors that you need, but they are people who we can trust to fight off this threat to the fullest." As Mister Surreal finished saying that, he felt another gust of wind blow two small locks of his hair down across his forehead and droop onto his eyebrow, which had not let up on its serious appearance and focused appearance that it maintained for most of the conversation between himself and Leo. The impending threat that Helena and Leo spoke of unnerved him more than he lead to admit, this enemy that he only recently heard of had already begun to cloud his thoughts with concern. It was up to the enemies of the Imperium to amass a group of heroes who could take on this threat. "There are two people who I am familiar, Jack The Gripper and Zephyr. Beyond that however, there aren't many who would be interested in helping me or anyone else for that matter.", he said with grave tone of voice.

(OOC: Sorry for the long wait. I hope you like it :])

#7929 Edited by Shield-Maiden (1427 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

The playful standoff for dominance between the two warriors subsided as the Sorcerer Supreme made his entrance, descending toward the ground to meet with his summoners - one a female companion and the other a male stranger. Out of all current members of the league, Helena felt more drawn to the mage as if her essence was being pried from her body and attempting to unite with his essence, a feeling she felt during her encounter with Thanatos. But this feeling, it felt different than the meeting with Death; she felt whole, not the whole she felt when she was struck with an arrow of storge, but whole as if she discovered herself. The feeling she felt with Thanatos was throttling and horrific, almost as if the oxygen from her lunges and her mere essence was being pulled by a space vortex created by Chaos. If there was a time she ever felt death, it was the day she met the Personification of Death.

A smug smile and an expression full of optimism washed over her face as Mister Surreal's footwear made contact with the body of Gaea - the personification of the earth itself, to participate in the formal meeting and discuss the impending threat to their earth and the cosmos. If anybody could combat sorcery, it was one that held the title "Sorcerer Supreme." From what she witnessed, Matthew was an expert of the mystical arts, presumably the finest mortal she had ever laid eyes on - one who can utilize the power of Hecate and turn the tide of this looming war in their favor. His knowledge was so vast and extraordinary; he was able to construct a force field of mystical energy to encase himself from the might of Superion, all while simultaneously battling the other members of the League. The field of energy was so durable, it knocked Superion back after his attempt at striking it with the strength of Heracles. Helena also chose him because he was able to improvise, a skill needed in the heart of battle. During her training as a little girl, her mentors would force her to improvise in various circumstances and scenarios. In one scenario, Chiron left her in the Forbidden Forest with a broken compass and a worthless map; using her wits, she was able to use the sun as a navigational tool and return back home. Mister Surreal displayed he was able to improvise when his sorcery failed him during his engagement with a tribe of Centaurs, deployed by Ares. Most importantly, she chose him because she trusted him with her life. When all seemed lost, Matthew was willing to strip down his title as Sorcerer Supreme to become a servant of Ares, a laughingstock; all so they could live.

No Caption Provided

Helena stood back silently as Leo informed Mister Surreal of the threat, her seemingly vortex blue eyes gazing into the side of his rough face as he and the sorcerer grew acquainted with one another. The bone structure that made up his striking features, covered in muscle, looked imposing - the face of a warrior, hardened by war and inner turmoil. To her, he was as interesting as the various books and scrolls she buried herself into, which said a lot. She knew she shouldn't stare with those energetic eyes, he could catch her at a Hermes' glance, but she couldn't help but acknowledge the way he carried himself in such high esteem and went through the details of the Imperium like he was the reincarnation of Odysseus. Whether she wanted it to happen or not, she was impressed by the warrior. Falling victim to the "hypnotic" influence of Hypnos - the Personification of Sleep, Helena found herself lost in her thoughts - a daydream of glamour. Hearing Leo mention and compliment her, snapped her out of her trance immediately, forcing her to tap into her gifted speed and glance away from him before she could embarrass herself. She knew he glanced toward her, she "felt" his blue abyssal eyes on her for a brief min like the gentle kisses of four to seven mph wind caressing the exposed parts of her body. But she refused to be drawn by his flirtatious attempts or make herself a tool in Eros and Aphrodite's game.

"There are two people who I am familiar, Jack The Gripper and Zephyr. Beyond that however, there aren't many who would be interested in helping me or anyone else for that matter."

The former princess glanced over at Mister Surreal as he mentioned Zephyr and a man she did not have the pleasure of meeting, her eyes narrowing in thought. Zephyr could prove useful to the war effort, her energetic nature and bestowed speed could slay a battalion of warriors at a speed beyond their perception. "She will do," Helena broke silence as she stared at Mister Surreal for a brief moment and then glanced toward Leo. "The woman has been blessed by Hermes; If we can convince her to aid us, she could be used for intel gathering and shock value. With the gift of Hermes bestowed upon her, she can dispatch a whole fleet from the inside, saving us lives, resources, and time." She proposed, hoping they envisioned and accepted her plan. Warriors on horseback were utilized since the beginning of domestication; they were used for their speed, mobility, and surprise attack elements. Today, they were called Cavalry Units and that's what Helena was pondering about when she thought of Zephyr. Not only did she have the honor of fighting alongside the hero during their altercation with Ares, but they served together too in the JLA. The demigod warrior trusted her and knew first hand the speedster would be useful. But useful is not what they needed right now; they needed someone who would be willing to take lives during a just war. Helena did remember Zephyr building up her speed enough to send a Centaur crashing through the arena wall, but was that enough to slay the creature? She believed so. Moving in the speed she was moving, the energy stored in her fist had to be massive enough to kill the creature on impact, but only the speedster would know for sure.

@paragonxxx@king_leo@mister_surreal: Queen is back, lol. Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed it because I certainly did. Paragon, I don't know if you would like to use Zephyr, maybe? Something to think about it, if you are interested. I also didn't know if I was at liberty to say if Zephyr killed that Centaur or not, I didn't want to take that chance lol.

#7930 Posted by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden: @mister_surreal:

Arms crossed over his chest, eyes holding Mister Surreal's in a steel gaze, Leonel noted the sorcerer's humility. "Modesty. I can't say I expected that from someone titled the Sorcerer Supreme", he smiled in subtle jest. "But it tells me that you are the person Helena's made you out to be. An expert who knows what he knows and knows what he doesn't know", the Prince of Power commended with a short nod the sorcerer's way. Gliding forward as the mountain air swept through in a cold rush, Leonel took note to end the encounter before the elements grew too wild for both Helena and Mister Surreal. "Hmm", he paused, turning round to keep both Helena and Mister Surreal in his line of sight. "I'll see to it that our forces have the aggressive warriors we need. I know some people, soldiers with the 'kill or be killed' mentality that can define a war".

And though he'd missed Helena's longing gaze, Leonel'd caught her vouching for Zephyr. Helena was a seasoned warrior, as much Athena as she was Mars. He trusted her judgment. "Then Zephyr could prove useful against the Imperium, that is if she even joins us", he reminded. "In any case, I suggest we meet again soon once you've all gathered your allies. But instead of a dusty mountaintop, we'll meet on my space station. Helena", Leonel smirked, eyes meeting hers in subtle and unapologetic flirtation, "Already has a way of getting there. And she's free to use it to take all of you there. For now, I'll gather my war resources as well". Lifting off the ground, the Prince of Power climbed higher and higher into the air, "Mister Surreal, it was a pleasure. I'm looking forward to next time. Nordok's cosmic sorcery is something I'll need you to help me with, if your planet's going to survive this war".

"Don't be a stranger"

"And Helena", smirk pulling back into a smile, "Don't be a stranger". A gust of wind rushed in like a wave, and the mountain trembled in Leonel's wake as he burst through the clouds and climbed out Earth's atmosphere.

In due time, they'd cross paths once more as Leonel's open invitation to Helena was left to linger in her mind.

#7931 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1427 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for doctor_dominion
#7932 Posted by Doctor_Dominion (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden: Sorry for the late response, my tags are getting backed up To answer your question, ladies first :]

Avatar image for johnhenrysteele
#7933 Posted by JohnHenrySteele (6 posts) - - Show Bio
#7934 Posted by ParagonxXx (3556 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden: I appreciate the shout out for Zephyr. But even if she hadn't gone to speedster heaven, she wouldn't agree to help with the war. And she didn't kill the centaur, she merely knocked him out. ~_^

#7935 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx: Awesome. I didn’t want to give a yes or no because it’s your character; so thank God I avoided saying she did.