Locale: Anonymous (CVnU thread)

Apex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@bladebrave:

A brow raised at the former portion of that comment. A hand sought to lightly shove the guy toward a bush for the later. "No in a different spot you could of been shot for that." Was only a hint of dark humor though, people didn't get shot for such word choice. "Really though last person to call me that was my dad before I went off to join Maverick." He wasn't alive any more cancer had gotten to him. She thought to herself some as he felt with personal affairs, figured this time maybe she wouldn't make a jab at dadisms, bracelet remarks having covered that for a second.

She didn't know what she wanted to talk about just needed a break from the politics and looking st everything through a tactical lense. "Isabella, she's good. Took up photography in New York turns twenty one soon is convinced her big sister has to buy her a bottle and be around for a change. Not so sure on either, easier having the disconnect. Best way for them to be safe is to not know me, best way to to shake a nation pick apart family." Attempts of trying to stay sharp and defensive for family however couldn't stop the archer from handing over her phone. Opened to a series of photographs taken by her sister, with eyes like theirs Isabella could be just as accurate with a lens as the archer was with a shot.

"What about you? Any family around beside the kids?" She suspected no but felt the natural question to ask.

BladeBrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_:

Nathan accepted the shove he deserved with good grace, stepping along with it with the habitual instinctive rebalancing of someone who spent a lot of time doing martial arts or other close-quarters fighting. Nathan didn't know any actual martial arts, but his knife-combat had always been very up close and personal, and he'd kept himself alive long enough that everything was ingrained reaction at this point.

He accepted the phone offered, and took a moment looking through the photos - only the ones she'd pulled up; you didn't go about looking through all the pictures in people's phones even if you were a nosy Unity jerk. He had to admit the idea was tempting, but he thought that whatever secrets the Shogun of Venezuela had that Unity might be interested in, she wouldn't be stupid enough to keep evidence of them on her personal phone.

Besides. He wanted to respect Alex as a person, and you didn't go through the phones of people you respected. "She's quite good," he said, of the photographs. "I imagine she'll be able to make quite a nice career out of her photography if that's what she wants to do with her life." He didn't suggest anything about Isabella taking up the mantle of Junior Shogun Scout. He imagined Alex probably felt about that the same way that Nathan felt about some of Rana's more elite activities. In Rana's case, they were what she wanted, and so he tried to support her - but if she'd wanted to leave the meta-community and work at a pet shop for the rest of her life, he'd have supported that dream in a heartbeat.

"My parents are... around," he answered, somewhat distantly. It hadn't been easy, reconnecting with them after having been gone so long, and Alison's loss while he'd been gone was something he didn't think they'd ever quite forgive him for. They didn't ever say it was like that, to be sure. But it was there. He should have been there for his little sister, and he hadn't been. He didn't think he'd ever quite forgive himself for it, either. "We talk about once a week. Mostly about Ashley." Ashley was easy to talk about. She was a respectably normal baby, who did respectably normal baby things, like sitting up and babbling and throwing cereal on the floor. Talking about her meant he didn't have to discuss the meta world at large, didn't have to get in to the issues he'd have had to mention when talking about Rana... or himself. "I think it's easier for them, at a distance, at least for now. These things take time, I suppose."

Hegemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@nevermore_:

John took the luxury of buying her a new set of clothes from Millenium City. He arrived with them and sat down at the base of the volcano and waited for the young girl. Sure enough, she came tumbling down, in better shape than she imagined. Huh. So her bones are metallic? John exclaimed as he saw yet to heal limbs or part of it. So it was a kind of super tough metal alloy that gave her an enhanced durability. John thought.

"You should be thanking me Bell, I got you a new set of clothes. Don't ruin them," He gestured to clothes, and a bag kept in front of him. "I've also packed your bags with some food and other things. You have three choices, Australia, Africa or South America," John snickered as three portals opened around the girl. "Choose wisely,"

Now that he'd already met her once, it would be simplicity itself he ever wanted to locate her again. All he had to do was think about her, and going there was not an issue. So the thought of letting her go 'free' wasn't an issue, as long as he could continue to just keep an eye on her, whether she liked it or not. "No matter where you decide to go, feel free to contact me, and I'll be around from time to time," John said, tossing a phone her way, with his number already saved on it.

Apex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladebrave:

"That's what I try and push for whenever she reconsiders. Apart of her occasionally want's the rush we used to feel when we were younger. I know her though and she wouldn't like taking the bullets that come with it now." Sometimes Alex thought they should have been born with the others powers. Let the girl who wants to see the world have the power to be anywhere. And the woman with her eye fixed on a scope have the ability to heal from wounds. Not a change in life or status though, this was largely where the sniper wanted to be in her life. She just had a weight that most didn't come to know in their life let alone at the age of twenty three.

Contrast to Alex who stayed out of contact Nathan talked to his family on the regular, must of been nice. She hoped he could find time to appreciate the position where that felt like a possibility to have, not everyone could say the same. "Makes sense. Ones worried about boys, don't want to talk about how the adopted daughter likes a guy with a knife fetish like her father or something." The remark made in jest, she didn't know anything on those matters wasn't her place. She liked the idea of teasing such a person as a Nathan Jr though. "Meanwhile with Ashley it's just the excitement and complaints of a baby." Along the walk the archer's eyes were still constantly adrift taking in the sights of the forrest, frequently opting to see it tree by tree at times and see the smaller stories within a world otherwise oblivious to such.

"For the record, I'm not babysitting. Might be able to hand over the bundle to others but I've enough to attend to." Though she doubted she was trusted enough for such a job, even if she'd earned her first bow by money saved up from baby sitting when she was ten. Dad wouldn't of let have a hunting bow of her own unless she could afford it herself so she made that happen. "Do what you can to shorten that time however I'd say. Those girls could use that, can't just go to aunt idiot in orange and uncle t rex" good people seemed to be around the guy. Probably to good to be around the Shogunate for an extended period of time. The marksman was quick to try and move her headspace from that though, was supposed to be a break for her after all.

Avatar image for clockworkwraith
ClockworkWraith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still under 25 posts on this account so I'm not going to risk artwork outside a blog so I don't invoke the wrath of the banbot - so sorry, but you get text only today.

Istanbul

When Rhetta had been born, it had been Constantinople. She'd been a schoolgirl when the name had changed. Most people had still called it Constantinople, when they spoke of it. Then the War had come, and people hadn't spoken about it much at all, and by the time the War had ended, it had been grudgingly reintroduced into conversation as Istanbul. She had been there once before, for a time, in the early '60s. They'd stayed only a few months - Rhetta hadn't liked it. The city had still been reeling from the Istanbul Riots of '55, and it had reminded her a bit too much of London, after the bombings.

It had changed significantly since then. A growing population had led to more and more development, and less of the forests that she had remembered on the outskirts. The city had healed its scars, though, and new development had taken over the damage that destruction had wrought, leaving only memories and monuments as testaments to the past. The memories, she knew, would pass away soon enough - and in time, so would the monuments. She wondered if she would be around for long enough to see monuments start to crumble. She wondered what the world would be like, when that time came.

For now, she tended to more transient things, wandering through the spice markets and sampling the scents of the wares. She didn't need to eat, but there was still something of a simple pleasure in the smell of a well-cooked meal or the heady aroma of spices: saffron, cardamom, lemon salt, and so many different mixtures for one thing or another. Rhetta thought she could easily spend a couple tireless days here, doing nothing but appeasing her curiosity.

At least, that was what she thought until something strange caught her eye.

@musa_bashir:

Musa_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7806  Edited By Musa_Bashir

@clockworkwraith:

Forceful snaps and clicks loudly illustrated the Beast of No Nation's militarized preparation alongside his dedicated Kwazulu Coda; the last remaining four of the once noble warrior protectorates of the False Bay Wardens.

Loading various clips and magazines, a standardized weapons check had consumed the bulk of their otherwise unwavering focus as they patiently sat in the back of a nondescript van. Shoulder to shoulder they sat in unforgettable silence with members of the Grey Wolves. One of the countries most influential ethnic criminal groups, and Musa's invaluable source of canvasing intel for his brazen daylight operation.

Suddenly, the Prince of Orphans let out a low rumbling grunt, his shoulders rhythmically bobbing. Immediately the Coda theatrically mirrored the aggressive chorus and tribal motion, pulling their various masks and facial scarves into place before violently bursting out of the double doors of the van.

The 'Grey Wolves'
The 'Grey Wolves'

Filing out into the street weapons drawn, the delayed reaction of the populous allowed the Wolves to quickly dart inside the office building of a transnational HALO affiliate in tactical chorus with the savage street distraction of Musa and his Coda.

"3 minutes." the leader of the Wolves reminded. His crew feverishly attempting to hack into the company's network server and data mine their entire innovatory. Including the location of the HALO Corp's state of the art battery. In the distance sirens began to echo, rapid response cutting the mission window in half. But to look upon the False Bay renegade's posture, the alarming suffocation of time was of little concern.

"We hold da area. Go, set up dee kill box."

ClockworkWraith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@musa_bashir:

At first glance, it really did not look like all that much. A van, driving down the street. The commotion came, though, when the men got out of the van, all well-armed. Some foreign thing? Rhetta had to wonder. Sometimes her knowledge of the manners of other countries was not what it ought have been. Sometimes, too, her knowledge of her own country was not what it ought have been. Things changed, so quickly it seemed. All of a sudden, it had been the year two-thousand, already. When she had been born, it had been a far off dream. And now... well, now there were children who'd been born in that same year, who looked barely younger than Rhetta herself. It was discomfiting, sometimes, to speak to them, with their short-term goals and their brief sparks of life. No patience, in the young. Restless, they seemed.

Rhetta was hardly about to interfere in whatever might be going on - she was not one for diplomacy, either in its aid or opposition. Still, she was curious what these costumed marauders might be up to. At least... she hoped they were costumed marauders. It could have been that their attire was cultural. Sometimes she did not understand all of this 'political correctness' methodology. It came with the globalization, she thought - the linking of everything together. The young saw too much of each other not to see themselves reflected in people from different walks of life. She'd lived in a more insular time, to be sure. She was still trying to figure out how to live in this one.

Curiosity piqued, though, she left the stall where she'd been lingering over cinnamon and stood beside the window, a hand slipping into her purse and pulling out a little brown sparrow. The bird shivered in her palm a moment, ruffling its feathers with the barely audible whine of hydraulics and the subtle clicking of gears against one another. She opened her hand and released it to fly out the window, half-closing her eyes as she followed its flight in her consciousness, moving after the men in the strange outfits, wondering what it was they intended to do.

Within the building, her sparrow settled to watch - the men seemed quite focused on the computer system. She wondered whether they were pulling something out or putting something in. Rhetta liked computers. They might have changed more swiftly than people, sometimes, but they never changed into something she couldn't understand. She'd learned computer systems early, when they were a novel thing, writing programs on stacks of carefully ordered punch cards.

I do wonder who they are, and what they're doing in that building, though.

BladeBrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_:

Nathan nodded a bit at her summary of the ease of talking about babies, after a very definitive raised eyebrow at the rather inappropriate 'knife fetish' comment. He gave it the awkward silence it deserved, and employed the Miss Manners sanctioned tactic of just pretending that it hadn't been said. "I don't expect you to babysit, Alex," he assured her. Frankly, he didn't really want her to babysit. It wasn't that there seemed to be anything wrong with Alex herself, but when there was the factor that she was married to Vandal... no, he really did not want her to babysit.

Ashley was going to have enough troublesome influences in her life just with the people in Unity. "Besides," he added, "The whole point of this excursion is that you need time to be yourself, and having to be Babysitter Alex ruins that idea. I try not to rely too much on having people watch her," he added, "But there are other people who need me, too." A pointed look in her direction; it was really too early to tell if Alex was one of them... but if it turned out she was, he'd try to be there for her, when she needed it.

He still had that feeling that she needed friends... and that before too long, she'd need them even more. He hoped he was wrong about the latter, but there was a difference between hoping he was wrong and not planning for that contingency. He could see the parallels between her and Rana, the sense of disaster just waiting to happen. For Rana, he'd made sure that she had a strong background and a strong home, things she could rely on to support her when the demons in her head got too clamorous.

Alex, he wasn't sure how much he could offer, but he hoped country and friendship could support her against the demon in her... bed.

Now, there were a whole lot of questions that Miss Manners definitely wouldn't ask, right there.

Musa_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7809  Edited By Musa_Bashir

@clockworkwraith:

(sorry for the delay. recently moved. good to go now though)

Unbeknownst to the criminal cabal of wolves, they were mere expendable tools in the Beast of No Nations extensive network of terrorist resources. Operatives ignorant and blind to his true calling, his true mission. The restoration of the rogue nation, the False Bay; Kwazulu Alcazar.

No Caption Provided

Launched through a meticulously manicured series of daring attacks, kidnappings, and murder; the Bashir legacy had crudely cultivated an invaluable assortment of Aethrium metal, as well as the technopathic key to the dark-web's Illuminati of intercontinental crime. The only set back coming at the hands of Gothic City's latest Knightfall inspired paragon of shadow based punishment, the Hawkshade.

Armored SUV's began to enter the long one way street heading towards the business plaza. Obscured roadblocks and poor city planning narrowing the passage and optimizing Musa's tactical placement of firepower. With one gloved hand raised, his fingers rolled down into a fist and his men opened fire. The first arrivals, HALO private security forces; contract mercenaries too unstable for the traditional 9 to 5, were equipped with a respectable assortment of ammunition and gear. Only the best of the best for HALO. But they were little match for the street strategy of the former child soldiers of west Africa, and the unsung Prince of the Bay.

Savage in their surgical assault, the security forces were sawed in half in mere moments. "Lets move." Stylishly falling out of individual positions with a cover, withdraw, cover escape towards the exiting Grey Wolves as both squads regrouped back by the van. Suddenly, unexpected gun fire exploded on their position, injury two Coda and killing all but a solitary Wolf. The Lone wolf simply grinned and grimmest before passing the stolen data - in the form of a credstick - to a crouching Musa. "Go....I hold line." the die hard Wolf nobly stated with sacrificial emotion.

"I hold line"

Without hesitation the solider of the Bay nodded, popping smoke to cover their labored on foot retreat through the back ally-ways. "I hold line" the Wolf grunted and repeated. Laying his exaggerated weapon on the nearest carhood, before unleashing a nightmare of news worthy proportions.

ClockworkWraith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@musa_bashir:

No worries, I saw your post on WC or wherever. Glad you're settled in.

Things went from being quite mundane to being very interesting indeed, and rather quickly. All of a sudden there were many cars disgorging people with guns, and all of them seemed intent on the others. Law enforcement or security or something like that. Quickly, they were cut down with gunfire, and Rhetta edged back away from the window. She didn't think she wanted to be caught in the crossfire. Her sparrow held position without attracting any apparent attention, and Rhetta let its filters feed back into her machina.

The men from within the building pulled out a data stick, which Rhetta felt probably answered the question of whether they were uploading or downloading. She sent her sparrow after them as they left the building, perched on a wall where it could view the action, even as gunfire slaughtered two of them. She didn't mind the blood - she was used to such things. Usually it was a little more controlled, though. Scalpels were not less messy, but the mess was certainly more contained. Rhetta did not envy whoever was going to be responsible for cleanup. The data stick was passed along, and Rhetta was tempted to have her sparrow follow with it, to see where it ended up... but the last man had gained her curiosity. 'I hold line.'

He didn't seem to speak English all that well. Rhetta had to wonder why he spoke it at all. Perhaps it was the only language he had in common with the others. She wondered who they were, or where they came from. The world seemed bigger, somehow, since her William was gone. It wasn't, really... it was just that she was paying attention to more of it. Different things seemed like they might be important these days. Rhetta wasn't sure if that said something about the world, or if it said something about herself.

She left the sparrow beside the lone man crouched beside the building, waiting to see if he could, indeed, hold the line.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She has a certain ethereal air to her.

Musa_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clockworkwraith:

There had been something scratching at the back of Musa's instinctive sense of situational surrounding, but he had dismissed it in the moment. His keen hyper alertness having registered an anomaly so fast and fleeting he hadn't bothered to properly digest its true significance.

Blinded by the success or failure of the mission, the Beast of No Nation had carelessly ignored his instincts, ignored the sensation that they were being carefully watched. Its dissipation only serving as a further illustration that something outside the norm had been present at the scene.

But there would be no looking back, no remorse or sorrow for the lone Wolf or his pack. They had adequately served their purpose in the Bashir's underground war. Miles away from the nearest extraction point however, the Coda and their rogue leader still had a difficult journey ahead. Premiering an explosive parkour themed debut of theatrical free-running along, around, beneath, and aerially over every and anything in their unconventional path. A path that saw them scaling walls and leaping across buildings with amazing grace and cat like agility.

ClockworkWraith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@musa_bashir:

Well, that was all certainly very strange. Rhetta Peake had not been raised to be the sort of person who went chasing after random strangers running about doing... what was it the children called it these days? Parkour? She sighed, shaking her head a little, and recalled the sparrow to her hand, letting it sit there a moment before tucking it away again. Young people, always rushing through life. She remembered how that had felt, once upon a time.

That life of hers, though... well, it seemed to have ended. She still wasn't sure what sort of life she was building, but it didn't involved young men with guns and too many other things on their minds to stop and appreciate the little things in life. Rhetta had been a spectator in other people's lives enough times and for long enough in the past that she wasn't going to do that again.

She'd find her own way... wherever it was. Abandoning the scene at the window, she returned her attention to the market, undisturbed.

Pronoia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7814  Edited By Pronoia

@musa_bashir: In the desert a convoy of vehicles were carrying chemical weapons a Russian weapons dealer was planning to trade with, his reputation preceding him as the one responsible for delivering chemical weapons that resulted in the deaths of ten's of thousands of innocents in the past two years alone. Their path was off road and something neither of the drivers employed by the weapons dealer expected however this was later explained while on route as a precautionary to throw off would be raiders attempting to track the convoys route.

Zwift!

Three kilometers away a single bullet struck and went through the heads of both the driver and passenger located with in the lead vehicle, the lead vehicle flipped over dropping its payload of chemical canisters of nerve gas which fortunately through some miracle had not been compromised. Some where in the vast fields of sand laid in wait the ghost sniper known as 'Deadeye' the cyan hair sniper hidden in a new invention of hers, a fabric covered above her entire body and weapon where its outer layer created an optical camouflage while the inner layer allowed her to see through the cloak as if it wasn't there at all.

Six more head shots followed in rapid succession as she took out three pairs of traffickers with three bullets before they could take evasive actions, Athena paused and let out an exhale as she returned her heightened reflexes to its previous composure "Eight out of fourteen.." Athena murmured to herself as the intial accuracy and speed boost tapped from her mental reserves wore off. Athena readjusted her sights intending to search for the weapons dealer she was tasked with eliminating, she had already waited here for three days absolutely motionless in preparation for her target after making a risky prediction of his travel route.

However Athena did not take into consideration if she would be the only one attempting to kill the infamous criminal today in Africa.

Musa_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pronoia: (nice. snipers are always cool!)

Pronoia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@musa_bashir: (Hopefully Musa feels the same way IC lol xD, ty btw appreciate the praise ☺)

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonfang_:

I took the evidence in my hand and started to read it looking over it for simple mistakes and the plans of the local mob bosses that had already been murdered by Dragonfang. I almost thought I would find some kind of mistake but I found none she was absolutely right and she had solved the problem before it became someone else's."Well done then, Ms. Bishop. You probably just prevented a crime spree in a different city," still didn't approve of her methods though but there's no time for that. I handed back her notes and heard her mention she was going to tie up a few loose ends," Do you mind if I help out? It would be nice to be working with another vigilante unlike whatever Chase calls himself these days." I waited a moment for her answer before saying," Your job you get to decide how we go about this."

Musa_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7818  Edited By Musa_Bashir

@pronoia:

"Dee convey's been hit!"

"Doesnt mattah. Stick to dee plan."

Musa's combat resolution was unwavering. Unflinching. Incredible as the concealed long distance snipe may have been, the former Beast of No Nation was capable of on the fly adjustments and daring adaptability.

From out of the sun saturated sky, two symbols of 1950's Americana descended upon the remaining convoy. Outdated and partially weaponized, they were far from the elite level technological achievements of other countries. But they were cheap. They were effective for regional conflicts with warlords, traffickers, and liberation fronts. In this case, they were perfectly suited to overtake the Russian arms dealer and his remaining contacts.

No Caption Provided

Carrying two 7-shot 2.75" rocket pods it only took one to divert the remaining vehicles as they attempted to flee. Touching down, Musa sprang from the chopper in his militarized urban attire. Noticeably absent, his trademark panther habit.

"Search dee area, he couldnt have gotten far. You and you, carefully collect dee hazards materials." Ordering a small congregation of the Den to investigate, while dispatching another to the crash scene. The second helo remand air-bound in search of the cleverly concealed sniper in a continuous cover pattern. Someone else had intercepted the convoy's route. No small task by any means. The masked Musa would need to proceed with caution.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7819  Edited By Hawkshade

@musa_bashir: I don't know why but I love stuff like this:

From out of the sun saturated sky, two symbols of 1950's Americana descended upon the remaining convoy. Outdated and partially weaponized, they were far from the elite level technological achievements of other countries. But they were cheap. They were effective for regional conflicts with warlords, traffickers, and liberation fronts.

Makes it feel so real.

Musa_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7820  Edited By Musa_Bashir

@hawkshade: Yeah I can feel the tech running away on me and I wanted to pull it back lol. Plus I luv things that look like pieces of junk but are serviceable or even out right badass. The opening scene in Drive is everything because the car is basic, but the engine is modified making it a beast.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@musa_bashir: I have that same problem lol. Ended up using a program that limits the capacity for modifications that any given piece of gear has so Richard don't end up being Iron-Bats or something.

Same here. Same here. But I never watched Drive. Is it good?

Musa_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: Niiice. There are just too many awesome upgrade looks and tech is sexy anyway so its natural. Having gone the Batman route I think I can sympathize lol

Oh its awesome. You should def check it out. Soundtrack is great too.

Pronoia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7823  Edited By Pronoia

@musa_bashir:

A new group of individuals entered the scene arguably throwing a wrench on Athena's prediction model, the Russian and his remaining five associates took a different travel route due to being diverted by an explosive munition and began driving their vehicles to a near by visible cave system. Mission parameters had changed with the new arrivals and Athena was forced to improvise due to lacking a plan for this unexpected scenario an error on her part for not having a counter measure in place for this type of situation. Athena began rapidly disassembling her sniper rifle into smaller pieces under the cover of her large cloak that masked not only her visual appearance but also sound and energy signatures from third parties however it took no more than five seconds before she finished this action and stood up still invisible, Athena adjusted and tightened the cloaking fabric over her body and stored her weapon parts inside a backpack. The helicopter hovered around but the sniper had only mild concern about the interlopers, she stretched for a few moments and then tapped into her inner energy reserves to use her enhanced physical attributes to begin hyper acceleration of her limbs.

A large dust trail formed as she dashed from her location towards where the weapons dealer was headed, Athena was traveling at speeds of eight hundred feet per second and with in eleven she had reached the scene of the first crashed vehicle and in another four seconds she cut off the vehicles before revealing herself. Her cloaked fabric was tossed aside to reveal her physical form stained with sand and dirt, she pulled out a pair of Steyr TM's from the holsters attached by her waist, near immediately the occupants driving the vehicle abandoned it moments before a barrage of pistol rounds hit the windshield. Athena side stepped the incoming vehicle narrowly avoiding get hit and came face to face with three gunmen armed with AK 47's, they exited from the back of the vehicle ten meters after it missed her mean while their boss and driver fled into the cave system. At this distance the trio of criminals would undoubtedly be able to hit their mark several times however as they unloaded dozens upon dozens of ballistic projectiles none of them reached their mark, Athena traded gunfire with them simultaneously however instead of aiming at the shooters she aimed at their incoming rounds which had trajectories that would have certainly hit her had she not intercepted them with her own. The sound of their bullets smattering echoed in the air and sparks of light generated from bullet intercepting bullet.

The stalemate continued as deformed bullets littered the ground between Athena and her foes, discarded weapon clips swiftly exchanged for fresh ones before the exchange progressed since her foes did the same.

Musa_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pronoia:

The airborne helo circled around like an African Hornet, as the camouflaged sniper's contrail of dust gave away her position. However, in a noteworthy display, the unknown deadshot had screamed across the sandscape with miraculous motion. Pure uncut speed.

The Beast of No Nation, inspired; triggered by the chase, took off with aggressive acceleration. Swinging his AR-15 around to the side of his body before fully leaning into his sprint reducing, his lean profile. Freed from the responsibility of holding a weapon, the King of King's arms aerodynamically swept backwards like a human F-14 tomcat. Short yet incredibly quick strides skimmed across the ground. And within a short time, the wayward False Bay radical had arrived inside the cave.

Immediately somersaulting into cover.

*CLICK

Popping a fresh mag in, Musa gave the clip a slight tug to make sure it was seated. Without further delay he rose up like an experienced solider

???-??-??-??-??, ???-??-??-, ???-??-??-??-??-??-??-??-??!!!!

No Caption Provided

Opening up with procedural discipline. Catching the remaining Soviets off guard forcing them to take cover.

Musa was attempting to manipulate the field of conflict. To control it, and there for the outcome. His actions had opened a window for the deadly sniper to move up and advance her position, and Musa would do the same. Tactical intuition was a instrumental skill most gamers had developed by the age of 10 through simulated digital conflict. With the talents she had cinematically displayed thus far, the King of Kings could only hope she had developed them as well. It would be difficult, but if successful, the unlikely duo would continue to advance, take cover, advance. Before overwhelming the remaining dealers.

The aftermath...well, that would be a different negation entirely.

Pronoia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@musa_bashir:

With Musa's sudden arrival it pulled off a great deal of aggro away from Athena just as she was down to her last rounds, she copied her opponents and went into cover behind a large boulder that would not to soon afterwards withstand a hail of assault rifle rounds. With limited energy reserves Athena decided to be more conservative with it as she felt the uneasy strain of using her enhanced physical attributes manifest so for now no superhuman bursts of speed however even at her base state she was an exceptional physical specimen, earlier in the conflict she made count of the amount of rounds in each opponents magazine as they were shooting and reloading.

In performing this action Athena perfectly timed her exit out of cover immediately after one of the gun men finished shooting the last bullet in his clip, upon exiting cover the assassin immediately executed a single but perfect headshot on the foe that was reloading and then used the rest of her ammunition to suppress the other two gunmen enough that Musa would be able to eliminate them. "Can I ask you a favor?" Athena asked softly in what was a light Russian accent, she tilted her head to the convoy not too far away "I would like to use one of those canisters to flood the cave, less time consuming and dangerous than going inside looking for the dealer"

Musa_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pronoia:

Musa had secretly rolled up, and directly alongside; the shelter seeking gunmen before erupting into a cinematic cyclone martially tailored to critically destroy his adversaries. Artistically arresting the lead wrist of the nearest Kosak with his left, while powerfully driving the bare fingers of his right into the large nerve of the gunmen's armpit causing instant paralysis.

No Caption Provided

Swift triangular footwork dexterously maneuvered the Beast of No Nation around the disabled waste of so called mercenary protection, and onto the next and last standing agent of assigned protection. Using basic anticipation in under to duck beneath the expected burst of terrified defensive machine-gun fire. Uncorking a violent crescent kick to the defender's inside knee, the power of which had been completely generated from the hips and core.

The bone and tending destroying crush acoustically echoed down the cave, Musa laughed. Then nodded towards the arriving Coda 4, arriving just minutes after the entire episode had started. They understood absent verbalization and tossed the sniper a canister.

While just outside the entrance the False Bay radical's outdated source of aerial transportation waited. Like a conquering general he took hold of the side, confidence and pride resonating off his stature as he stood on the landingskid. But he had yet to give the order to leave. Instead he waited for the unknown deadeye to finish the mission and catch a ride. He could use her talents, her skills....he know exactly how and where to put her abilities to use.....

Alpha_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7827  Edited By Alpha_Dog

Rural Montana, not far from the Canadian border

The two militiamen chatted about nothing in particular as they walked the perimeter fence of their compound, a flashlight lazily sweeping the ground in front of them. They dressed in camo and cowboy hats, and both had semi-automatic weapons slung over their shoulders, weapons that appeared to have been given much more attention to their upkeep than the hygiene of either of their owners.

"Whoa...what the...?" the man on the right, the one with the flashlight, drew up short. A large section of the 12-foot high chain fencing now sporting a gaping hole, a hole that would have accommodated something very large. "Ya don't suppose..."

"That we're bein' raided?" his companion sighed, stepping forward to examine the shredded fencing. "Not damn likely; nobody cut through these links. They were torn open by something big and clawed. Probably another damn Grizzly. Call it in, have someone check the compost heap, and-hey!" The man's casual inspection was cut short as his partner's flashlight suddenly dropped and pointed at the ground, plunging most of the scene into the midnight darkness. "Think maybe ya can handle a flippin' flashlight, idjit? I can't see my damn..."

The speaker's voice trailed off into silence as his eyes semi-adjusted to the darkness, and he realized that his partner's silhouette was being eclipsed by a much taller, much broader one. This larger form shifted suddenly, with a sickening ripping noise that any hunter would recognize as the sound of something very sharp tearing through muscle and bone, and his partner fell forward to lay facedown on the ground, the flashlight spinning away and giving brief but terrifying glimpses of gleaming fangs and teeth, beneath a pair of eyes more predatory than any spawned purely by nature.

The militiaman fumbled to swing his rifle off his shoulder and bring it to bear. "Oh, shhhhh-"

Several days later, at the behest of concerned relatives, the local sheriff reluctantly took two deputies and headed for the compound. Whatever they were expecting, it wasn't what they actually found. The county coroner declared that the gruesome deaths all seemed to have been inflicted by a bear or mountain lion, until the sheriff pointed out that he'd never heard of either of those being able to take out two-dozen heavily-armed survivalists in one go.

The officials agreed that they had to come up with something more plausible, and finally decided that the group must have gotten into the liquor that they were suspected of stockpiling, gotten rowdy, and gunned each other down. As for the state of the bodies, well...they'd lain out in the woods for several days; no telling what kind of critters had gotten to them. This explanation pleased no one, but at least it got them to muttering about government coverups, rather than panicking over some kind of monster or serial killer roaming their woods.

Pronoia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@musa_bashir:

With a curt head nod as a thank you to Musa and his men she rolled the canister of nerve gas into a specific location in the cave that would maximize its spread inside and minimize the spread outside of it, once she finished putting it in position she picked up a rifle from one of her deceased enemies and fired a round at the canister from a safe distance away then discarded the weapon.

Mission accomplished Athena murmured to herself mentally as she walked back to pick up her remaining gear wrapped in the cloaked fabric she dropped earlier, to her unexpected surprise Musa was still in the vicinity "your assistance was greatly appreciated" she made a statement to him as she kept her distance and skeptical facial expression "but...gratitude is not why you are still here is it?"

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pronoia: What comic characters do you like? I'd love to have you more 'in the mix' with stuff with the rest of us (not that what you are doing with Gambler isn't fun, I just think you could be involved with more too.)

Pronoia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: Actually I was thinking in the future for the cvnu that Pronoia would become a DC speedster, was always fascinated with them.

I plan on using CW Savitar as a comic look, the appearance change would be explained by her creating a suit that allows her to use the speed force.

Course that'll be later in the future when the meta is less street tier tbh

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pronoia: Speedsters are interesting and there are lots of great art for them.

Yeah street level is in right now.

Pronoia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: Btw if Antman-2 comes out when the street meta is still ongoing here I plan on using MCU Ghost for the street tier stuff

They made him a female so there's gonna be a lot of viable fanart and gifs imo

Musa_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pronoia:

No Caption Provided

The Beast of No Nation remained silent, stoic. He nodded for the eagle-eyed enigma to board the departing chopper. It was unwise to stick around much longer.

The incursion had been prolonged in its intense nature, military drones could...most likely would, take notice of the rolling smoke, destroyed convoy, and dead bodies strungout along the caramel granules of sand. Which had now been stained with the crimson color of death.

Musa admired the effortless nature, the elegant ease in which she had dispatched the Russian mark, as well as his disciplined and armed guards. Under the right conditions and pointed in the proper direction, he was sure she could inflict some serious goddamn damage.

Alpha_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

El Paso, Texas

The bar was such a dive that it didn't even have a name, not even so much as a sign above the door that said "bar." But besides the typical neon signage in the windows, the place more or less got by on its reputation. That reputation had nothing to do with food or friendly service, though.

The patrons roared in laughter as two of regulars, burly members of a local biker gang, threw a rival violently through the door and out into the street. A jukebox blasted garbled music, beer nuts and bottlecaps were flung at the battered TV that showed a boxing match, and the dart game and arm-wrestling matches were drawing less attention than the dancers who, bereft of any kind of stage, worked their craft on the bar itself.

The cacophony was momentarily stilled, however, when the power abruptly cut out, casting the entire debauched scene into complete darkness. When it started up again, however, it was an entirely different kind of noise. Screams, curses, and the sounds of smashing glass and gunshots filled the night air for several terrifying moments, only to fade back to ominous silence as each individual in the bar was violently stilled. The occasional flash of gunfire revealed nothing more than a massive, blood-covered form that moved through the ramshackle premises with disturbing and violent speed.

It wasn't until the sun rose the next morning that light returned to the scene, and what it revealed was ghastly. Bodies lay strewn about bar, some so badly mangled that they would be difficult to identify. Several of them lay piled near the door, where they had tried to make an escape only to find that someone, or something powerful had picked up and jammed a vending machine tightly against it from the outside, preventing anyone from fleeing the slaughter.

From that day forward, locals would cross themselves and stay as far away from the building as their business would allow. It was never repaired or resold, and after about a year of sitting vacant, some teenagers burned it down on a dare. The investigation into the arson was superficial, at best.

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm...he's heading south

Alpha_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

The government can't stop him. The world's heroes are afraid of him. The international community is too divided. It's up to us. It's up to the Shadow Knights. If we don't stop him, no one will.

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Dallas, Texas

"That'll be $36.64, thank you,"

Arnold had seen the headlines before, about some sort of creature in El Paso. The weekend wasn't kind to newspapers, as he stared at the same one in the box across from his countertop for nearly 24 hours now. He gave the patron wanting gas their change, not paying attention to anything else really. Only when they left did he turn back to look around his store, bored again. It was unseasonably slow for a freeway gas station business, probably because of the increasing rumors that something bad was going to happen.

Of course those were unfounded, but people were still scared. Arnold just leaned against the cigarette cabinet, checking his phone again.

37% battery, only new notifications were from mobile games he got bored of. YouTube? More anime clips he thought about watching for the hundredth time.

He knew he couldn't go out on patrol again. Leaving in a rush like that and for that long endangered his job far too many times already. He was already on his boss's last nerve about attendance. Sighing, he started reading about the latest metahuman news according to some Top 10 channels he had subscribed to.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7839  Edited By Grimmwald

Tokyo, Japan

No Caption Provided

Empires fall. Even those founded and led by the brightest minds of their time. And in the Land of the Rising Sun, things were no different. It was once home to the Next Big Thing. The second coming of Avalon. Dreamed up by Yoshi Senju, a genius visionary with no equal, it was the Kaiba-Senju Corporation; mother of the Aethrium Argonauts, KS-Starship and S3 Satellite. And now - it was nothing. Vanished like the wind with nay a trace but the husk of a sold skyscraper. Under the pale eye of the full moon, Grimmwald was perched on a rooftop edge with his ruby eyes raking over the building before him. How a big up and coming corporation like the Kaiba-Senju can disappear right under our noses just like that... is beyond me.

But... it's not all gone, Grimmwald's thoughts echoed. Pulling himself to his feet as the wind howled loud behind him, the Horned Saint stepped back and sank into the heart of the nearest shadow. Like a snake, he slithered from shadow to shadow, moving in the darkness till he was somewhere underground. The bulbs hanging from the ceiling cast no light, and all machinery around him had died. He felt it. The vibrations bouncing off the stony walls, Aethrium tools and steel platforms told him as they rippled over his hypersensitive skin. He was in a secret research facility. "Even if it's just one thing, I'll find something here. Armor, a weapon. Something". And after hours of searching, Grimmwald found - nothing. No new weapon, no Aethrium blade, no armor. Nothing. Nothing to be used in the battle with Alpha Dog looming ahead.

His search continues.

Pronoia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7840  Edited By Pronoia

@pronoia:

No Caption Provided

The Beast of No Nation remained silent, stoic. He nodded for the eagle-eyed enigma to board the departing chopper. It was unwise to stick around much longer.

The incursion had been prolonged in its intense nature, military drones could...most likely would, take notice of the rolling smoke, destroyed convoy, and dead bodies strungout along the caramel granules of sand. Which had now been stained with the crimson color of death.

Musa admired the effortless nature, the elegant ease in which she had dispatched the Russian mark, as well as his disciplined and armed guards. Under the right conditions and pointed in the proper direction, he was sure she could inflict some serious goddamn damage.

Athena visibly squinted her eyes in a expression of skepticism towards this individual who was now nodding for her to board the aerial transport, Musa's refusal to verbally respond to Athena made her more wary of him due to to various unknown factors and while the probabilities in her mind advised against boarding the craft she ended up doing it anyway with the utmost haste and silence.

Upon entering she made herself comfortable by reserving a seat furthest from the strangers and lowered her head to stare at the metal flooring of the Huey.

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimmwald: I dont know man with that post you just made it more relevant in memory then it ever was in use :P Seriously I like the sorta unsolved mystery vibe you gave it. U here one day da next ya gone level ish lol

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Musa_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pronoia:

Musa remained cryptically silent. Besides, the whipped turbulence would have instantly drowned out any conventional attempt towards verbal discourse. But the sniper's withdrawn disposition had not been lost on the international terrorist. "Perfect." he confidently thought to himself.

The flight back to the Bay would be an extensive one. However upon their arrival the invited sniper would be met by members of the Alcazar's research council, where she would be fitted with an advanced technological bracelet. With it, she would be granted partial and carefully monitored access in and around the Bay.

In time, Musa hoped to unleash the eagle-eye'd sharpshooter , deploy her around the globe assassinating high value targets. Clear out the competition so he could truly control the Black Market Incubator.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soliton: @voracious: [Like a bajillion years later!!!]

The still freshly ennobled Ríonfénnid stood stoically before her allies - a woman of her new era's fianna, Safia, and her butler since childhood, Alastair - eyes flitting to and fro and back between them and the screen on her phone countless times. She played the message again, listened to the girl's voice for sounds of any additional subtext and attempted to discern anything about her situation at the time.

Outwardly calm, she was inside a bundle of broken nerves anxious for the answers to any of her myriad questions. Oh God, it's been so long. What if she's not even there anymore? Who knows what could've happened since then? That distress in her voice...had she been made someone's captive yet a third time? Things were different in her reality marble but time in the natural world still passed as it always had. She couldn't escape consequence one way or another.

God, why am I so stupid?

"Has anyone seen her since?" Calmly. She looked to either of the others for an answer.

"We haven't," Safia spoke up. "Julia probably could've found her but she was with you most of the time, or tracking your friend the false Shaytan. I am sorry, my"

"No, that's fine." Abby waved her off. "I don't want her throwing herself into anything I'm not aware of just yet."

If that was the case then there was no avoiding it. A trap or not, she'd have to do something. Even if it meant using herself as bait and hook. So Abigail returned the call. No answer. Her stomach twisted. She swallowed hard and left a message with a date, a time and place. Her tone was somewhat sombre, apologetic for having missed her for so long, but intentionally light (as much as she could manage) and she was sure to leave the message purely for Amani, not to tip anyone off that she suspected just in case it was actually a trap.

All she had, then, was to wait.

Soliton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah. I know her game. She's going for the record of longest roleplay ever. Taking a year and two monthes to finish an interaction ain't enough for her! It literally was throughout my deployment!

Avatar image for just_an_average_man
Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: @rosso

*BANG*

She is tense, and electricity begins to cackle all about her.

“Yo the lil' kid is ****in' gone!” “She got Ramon! Jesus Christ.” “Kid is ruthless. God-Damn.” “She ain't just no kid, hombre. Eyes peeled. Our boy's done but she's still out there and if you ain't noticed, the bitch bleeds.”

No.

She murmurs the word over and over in her sleep.

Why am I so stupid? Is he dead? Oh god? Is he dead?

She reaches out as if to touch him. To try and mend the wound she'd made and already had healed before...

"Kid...Kid! Wake up!" Amani's eyes snap open to the blurry textures of pavement passing by at seventy miles per hour, her face kept inches away from Elliot's grip. Oh yeah. She remembers where she is now.

She's on a bike.

He yanks her back up. "Christ kid. Don't scare me like that."

"Sorry." She replies solemnly. "I...didn't get much sleep." She's long noticed that the electricity responds to her emotions. Her subconscious will. Like the way muscles tense when nervious, sparks danced all about her body without some measure of control.

No Caption Provided

Idly, she looked at that bracelet that Abby gave her all that time ago, as she slipped it on. A part of her wanted to be ready, ready for whatever the hell might come next. It had been a long time, and the last time they were this close, there were bullets flying through the air.

Elliot sighs. "Yeah. I get it. Surprised you could doze off at all. Just hold out a little longer, kid." His go from her, to sharply back to the road ahead.

"We're almost there."

The bike's engine's roar settled into a loud hum, as he smoothly turned along the highway and started on the way over to the location Abigail Aensland had designated unmasked but in all reality, heavily armed. The girl was hell to track down and trouble seemed to have a way of following her. So, on the off chance someone had managed to tail him, he wanted to be ready. He'd little doubt that the woman would probably be armed as well given how their last meeting had went, he didn't really feel bad about having enough ammo to take on a small army concealed underneath his only partially conscpicuous trench coat.

Can't be too careful these days.

----

Despite his abundance of ammo, he didn't bring anything large enough to really be spotted visually and all n' all, Elliot was able to blend in to the normal crowd. Trenchcoat, dressy shoes, slacks and no mask at all. Wherever the location, he would appear at the forefront with Amani always close by. Him? Level-headed and constantly aware. And her with wide awake and always wandering eyes.

One'd hardly be able to tell that the poor girl was running on some three hours of sleep.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7849  Edited By Arquitenens

@just_an_average_man:

The parlour was mostly empty save for the two of them. They sat side by side, since neither was willing to sit with her back facing the door. Force of habit, but given the respective histories, paranoia was only good thinking. The girl at the counter just thought it was cute and, Nastya reported, wouldn't stop gushing to her friend in the back about how awesome it was that the world's most prominent hero stopped into their ice cream shop with her girlfriend--"oh my God that's totally her girlfriend"--and how great it was that she could be open about who she was, and isn't Los Angeles great?

Nastya teased but Abby was hardly receptive of her attempts at levity. She largely obsessed over the missing time--it felt like aeons ago since she'd seen Amani. She didn't even feel like the same person. Would Amani see it in her face, everything that'd happened since then? And what would she see in the girl's face? It probably would've been a good idea to do some searching, scan the net for reports of anything that might seem even remotely Amani-related. A little late for that now.

It'll be fine. Just put on the smile like always. You've practised this since you were a child. It will be good to see her alive and well. That's the most important thing. She's the most important thing.

Disregarding length anyway. But also, didn't wanna make it super long just to say "they waited." Hit the important notes to paint a sort of picture, some frivolity because I can't resist. Buuuut we're in there!