Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_House_of_L
Who's side are you on?
Who's side are you on?

Congressional Bill 2013-4451

Meta/Vigilante Registration Act

Proposition 1: All Mutants, Meta-Humans, Aliens, and supernatural entities (or collectively referred to as Super-powered Individuals) will report to the Department of Meta Affairs. Super-powered Individuals will register their identity and abilities.

Proposition 2: All vigilantes will cease operations and report to the Department of Meta Affairs. Vigilantes will register their secret identities, bases of operation, and resources.

Proposition 3: Super-powered criminals can turn themselves in and register for reduced penalties. Government Service may be required.

Proposition 4: Vigilantes may apply for Government Service Agent status. GSA’s will be assigned a liaison and will be required to pass regular testing and certification. Upon assignment, GSA’s will operate as Law Enforcement Officers. GSA’s will always be held to Department of Meta Affairs’ standards. GSA’s may be required to follow military commands.

Proposition 5: Super-powered Individuals/Vigilantes that fail to register will be considered enemies of the state. Those that fail to register will be pursued by Agents of the Department of Meta Affairs. Penalty will be at the discretion of the Secretary of the Department of Meta Affairs.

Proposition 6: Use of powers or vigilante action outside of Department sanctions will result in revocation of GSA or registered status.

(courtesy of The Dreadnaught)

The United States, as well as the international community, watched in absolute silence today as the Meta Mutant Registration Act was passed. White House spokesmen followed the Presidents unprecedented announcement by reciting controversial information and statics relating to supposed mutant atrocities. Billions in property damage, thousands of lives lost, and countless acts of terrorism, were simply the tip of the iceberg. At least two political assassinations had been attributed to the mutant menace, while the third and most recent assassination, that of Congressmen Gerald Grayves, had been captured on live television and attributed to a New York costumed crime fighting family. Once demeaned as heroes, a rash of fabricated murders had instantly turned the public, as well as the law, against the crusading vigilantes. Which proved to be the final straw as the population no longer held faith in their self appointed heroes. Enacting his authoritative power of the oval office, the President of the United States rushed to pass the legislative proposal already in congress. Requiring any and all meta-humans, mutants, aliens, or citizens with extraordinary abilities/powers, to register and reveal their identities with the Government. Further more, special government licensing would now be required before engaging in any hero based activities. Failure to comply would be treated as a willful act of sedition against the United States government.

Having combated the mutant menace from the beginning, Charlemagne LeBeau was appointed as special operations leader of the Registration movement. Answering only to the highest power in the country, the President. Alongside Charlemagne, billionaire philanthropist Henry Cain, (unknown puppet of the mysterious Wesley Weston III. Who continues to manipulate the conflict from behind the scenes) was instated as tactical liaison and financier of the Red Cardinals. Exclusively under his command, the Red Cardinals would serve as the Registrations counter-insurgence unit. Specialized warriors capable of combating any superhuman and mutant revolts in the aftermath of the controversial announcement.

Likewise, under Mr. LeBeau's command, the scientifically augmented Umen patrol the cities with unwavering sympathy. Upholding the laws of the Registration Act with supermen like abilities making escape all but impossible.

Cape Killers
Cape Killers

Armored and equipped with state of the art weaponry and munitions a new era of Cape Killers have taken the place of local law enforcement, who have been reduced to nothing short of glorified crossing guards. Concentration camps coupled with media blackouts contain the mistreatment of prisoners from reaching the general population. And with the final construction of the first ever Superhuman Maximum security prison, Zone 6, nearing its final stages, resistance is a fleeting option.

In accordance with a federal mandate, the mutants known as Amaranth Strix, Eagle of the East, Kratesis, as well as the caped crusading night phantoms of New York (secretly the Knightfalls), and several other unidentified individuals have all been placed on a shoot to kill order authorized by the President. Some for their roles in the New York invasion while others were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

- This is an Open Rpg event. But posting will still be conducted the same way is any other interaction/loation thread (meaning try not to drop huge posts :D)

- The Registration Act has passed ONLY in the United States.

- Heroes, Villains, Neutrals, doesn't matter what affiliation you are, if you Register you are on the side of the US government.

- Try to add the State your character is in (at least in your first post) so other users know. If you migrate to another state be sure to make it known

- Cape Killers are your typical NPC. Not particularly special but they have numbers

- Red Cardinals are lethal assassins. Ninja based NPC's

- The Umen are genetically altered test subjects (human). They all have the basic powers of Superman. They are also NPC

- I probably forgot something if so feel free to remind me lol

- Have fun

The_Brawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The_Brawler

Does this mean The Umen do not only have the powers of Superman but also on his level? Man, this will be a beatdown...

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Decoy Elite

(I knew that red would come out eventually.)

The_House_of_L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_House_of_L

@The_Brawler said:

Does this mean The Umen do not only have the powers of Superman but also on his level? Man, this will be a beatdown...

(I wouldn't really worry, they're NPC's. No matter how you build up an NPC they're still just cannon fodder)

The_Brawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Brawler

@Mr_LeBeau: Only if the writer makes them such. ;) Depending on which character I'll use for this rpg they will be either easy work (Brawler) or the biggest challenge of my still young life (Donara).

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Ren_

Sh!t's about to go down, man.

The_House_of_L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_House_of_L

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Decoy Elite

(Is this the actual thread for the RP or an OOC/sign up thing?)

The_House_of_L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_House_of_L

@Decoy Elite: (actual thread)

The_Brawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Brawler

@Mr_LeBeau: Oh sorry, I thought this was the rpg. YIKES! Shall I delete my posts?

The_House_of_L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_House_of_L

@The_Brawler: nope its fine

Atticus_Bar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Atticus_Bar

gonna check this out too, and figure who im going to register and who im not. I wont be posting with anyone who will be alligned with anyone....less Ambition or WAL post in it. Otherwise my posts will be showing if my characters register or not

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By shanana

You do know, if you don't chose a side, a side is chosen for you? lol

Avatar image for maximus_newcastle
Maximus_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good sh!t

You making gifs now?

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ishin

Awesome sh*t! I'm in this as three characters LOL.

Tranquil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tranquil

So do we post here or...?

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Arquitenens

I'm going to use this to get my revenge. Charles, prepare your ass.

The_House_of_L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_House_of_L

@Maximus_Knightfall said:

Good sh!t

You making gifs now?

Nah. Found em on Tumblr

@Tranquil said:

So do we post here or...?

yup

Emerge_In_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Emerge_In_C

I thought Gambler and Tranquil were the same dude ... aha! Shoot that reminds me I once thought Gambler and Impero were the same guy, too ...

The_House_of_L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_House_of_L

@Arquitenens said:

I'm going to use this to get my revenge. Charles, prepare your ass.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Arquitenens
@Mr_LeBeau
Whatever. I'll shoot you.
The_House_of_L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_House_of_L

@Arquitenens: You'll have the chance.

Tranquil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Tranquil

@Emerge_In_C said:

I thought Gambler and Tranquil were the same dude ... aha! Shoot that reminds me I once thought Gambler and Impero were the same guy, too ...

I'm offended. xD

Maximus_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr_LeBeau: lol why did people hate Reagan so much

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By 614azrael
Kayle Az n Syapt will be seen here soonish, nice work
Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Arquitenens
@Mr_LeBeau
Actually, I heard you were patrolling the streets with a bunch of Supermans, and my ribs hurt. Call them off and we have a deal.
The_House_of_L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_House_of_L

@Tranquil said:

I'm offended. xD

@Maximus_Knightfall: Did they? I always thought Republicans viewed him as God.

TheDealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheDealer

Ronald Reagan was the devil. 

The Truth.

The_House_of_L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_House_of_L

@Arquitenens said:

@Mr_LeBeau: Actually, I heard you were patrolling the streets with a bunch of Supermans, and my ribs hurt. Call them off and we have a deal.

Want some, come get some

Maximus_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr_LeBeau: You saw part 2, he was demonized summum fierce. I don't know anything about the administration though to know if it was on point

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#31  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Q + Portrait'll probably be in this.

If I get my act in gear I could probably work in Premonition. IDK.

Looks pretty great though. :)

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Arquitenens
@Mr_LeBeau
Easy to hide behind that army! Sniff.
Fukuro_Zoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Fukuro_Zoku

I'ma send Strigidae in there all incognito, start messin' up lives.

Maybe.

The_House_of_L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_House_of_L

@Maximus_Knightfall: I'd say thats a liberal exaggeration. Republicans loved, love, him. I know that much lol. Russia and the U.S. were at odds when he was in office and I think he's the one who ordered the Berlin Wall turn down.

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ren_

No idea who I'm throwing into this, but I'm thinking Lea >:)

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Decoy Elite

(So, where do characters register? Is there specific building or...?)

The_House_of_L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_House_of_L

@Decoy Elite: (I'd say make something up like, there are registration buildings set up in every major city across the country)

Maximus_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr_LeBeau: mister blubligiblah tear this wall down lol yeah I remember now from school.

Anyway good sh!t looking to see where the first stage goes

The_House_of_L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_House_of_L

@Maximus_Knightfall: hahah right right.

no doubt, me too. feeling lazy at the moment lol

Maximus_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr_LeBeau: Heard you

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Decoy Elite

Chicago 

Decoy sat, mask off his face for the first time in a long while. The guild of killers had told him to avoid registering to join the possible resistance. And so he had waited, but then the memories soon came flooding back. All the blood, the faces of the children, the grinning face of the monster. No, he'd seen what uncontrolled meta humans could do. And thus there he said, in the registration office. "Name?" "Henry Dolland." "Aliases?" "Decoy Elite." "Abilities?" "Illusions." The government worker filled out his form. "Anything else we need to know?" Decoy shook his head. "No, but I need know something." He stood up, placing his mask back on. "When can I start hunting?" 
The_House_of_L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The_House_of_L

@Decoy Elite: (f'n niiioce)

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Ren_

(Gambler, I may end up breaking your long post rule.)

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Mr_LeBeau: (Thanks.)
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#45  Edited By Darkchild

@Mr_LeBeau: (once i get everything figured out ill be dropping a few posts)

Fukuro_Zoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Fukuro_Zoku

(Wonder where LL would stand on this. 

Well, if ever there was a time to kill)

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By _Sojourn_

For easements sake, would everyone be all right if I used this account to post as Vis

The_House_of_L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The_House_of_L

@_Sojourn_ said:

For easements sake, would everyone be all right if I used this account to post as Vis

No mofo this aint Burger King, have it your way and sh!t lol (nah jus playing. of course its alright).

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49  Edited By shanana

“How’d you do it?” the blonde hair blue eyed-man asked, slowly running his hands through the thick black hair of the Red Queen. “Twas easy, all I had to do was scout the pattern of the caped crusaders” she responded, deep down she detested his touch; she’d give nothing more than to slay him right then, but Weston’s family was so widespread, it was impossible to tell WHO was in the family.

As she fell into an ambient stare, her eyes flashed her images of one, Quintus Knightfall. Slowly rotating the glass of red wine in her hand, the seductive Spaniard; questioned her motives. “Why did you choose the Black one in particular?” Weston asked, pour himself a glass.

“He’s been seen countless times with a “Bravehart Bounty Hunter; his involvement with them prompted us to take action” She replied, taking a very small sip of her wine. “What is next?” she asked, trying to do him a courtesy and sparing him her Spanish.

“What do you think happens next, we get this bill passed by the U.N and it goes global” he said, walking with his hands in his pockets towards the door. “Get in touch with Cain; tell him what I want done regarding this prison”

The sun placed a huge glare on his face as he exited, but she didn’t need to see him to know his sinister look.

Taking in a deep breath the sultry vixen leaned back in her chair. Using an encrypted network that the Cardinals operated on, she sent a message via email to Kelly Kelly In New York.

“Capture the Silent Knight and the Bravehart”

Tranquil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Tranquil

The tranquility of JFK airport would seem ominous to most people. Yet Milo, oblivious to the current events of the city, recited a rhythmic tune as he strolled through the facility with suitcase in hand. He'd just recently touched down after executing an assassination in Los Angeles and was here to retrieve his payment. The hard soles of his combat boot clacked with each step as he made his way past the conveyor belt where people retrieved their luggage. It was still moving, although the area seem deserted. Another ominous detail that Milo was ignorant of.

Rounding the corner a squad of heavily armored indivduals were their to greet Tranquil. He stopped a good distance away from them, standing tall at a height of 6'6" dressed in his black cortosis weaved suit. Two katanas crossed on his back, twin five sevens holstered at his hips, attached to a utility belt of the same ebony color as the rest of his wardrobe. A bandoleer lined with grenades ran across his broad chest, combining to create a threatening figure. "We can do this the easy way or the hard way." Said the foremost assailant, bringing his firearm up to bear. The others followed, seven red dots trained on Milo's black visor.

Tranquil gently placed his suitcase down, refitted his gauntlets and stared blankly at the soldiers. "Go home." His raspy voice was slightly menacing as he spoke but his posture was relaxed. The head of the group made the motion to squeeze the trigger yet before that motion was completed the five bodies surrounding him gushed blood and collapsed without warning. He inevitably met the same fate as his comrades, bleeding beside them as Tranquil strode through the revolving doors.