Containment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Containment

Leviathan

Location L-7 is run solely by Leviathan staff, especially that listed in the SV-1 dossier with the exception of the heads of staff, Near and Waxx. It is overseen by Agents Romulus Vanhaven and Remus Starek, with the assistance of Agent C'terr, Researcher Uptid, and Dr. Note.

False oil rig over L-7.
False oil rig over L-7.
Emergency evacuation map in case of containment breach.
Emergency evacuation map in case of containment breach.

SV-1 took command of one of the most dangerous, isolated Level-1 locations available. L-7 is disguised as an oil rig owned by Mr. [REDACTED] in an unspecified location in the Pacific Ocean. The map above is very much out-of-scale; each tunnel, especially the evacuation tunnel to Evac Zone A, is miles long, as is the hall leading to Containment Block E. The two areas labelled CP are for employee housing.

Containment Block A holds an armory; several specific Household or Risky-level ACFs for use by SV-1 Staff, including ACF-315; and a large part of Agent Vanhanen's personal collection. May only be accessed with head-of-staff permission.

Containment Block B holds the facility's Class-A detainees. Mostly used for occupying ACF-404 and ACF-666 when their handlers are unavailable, or for specific experiments.

Containment Block C holds ACF-408's previous cell, and most of the location's Leviathan-class anomalies, with the exception ACF-404 and ACF-666.

Containment Block D holds only ACF-404 and related research staff. It is positioned so that 404 may be released in the case of a 666 breach, either for recontainment or to postpone the inevitable while the rest of the location performs evacuation protocols.

ACF-666 is the sole resident of Containment Block E, kept several miles away from the rest of the location. Because of its hatred of the majority of ACF personnel, interaction is kept minimal outside of interactions. It does have peculiar relationships with the majority of the ACF staff, however, giving them mostly unrestricted access to its containment cell.

Significant ACFs

Cymbal

ACF-315, on a soundproofed surface.
ACF-315, on a soundproofed surface.

ACF-315 is a Risky-Class anomaly for use only and experimentation by Class-E and above Leviathan staff members except in emergency situations or with SV-1 permission.

is a Victorian-era drummer's sword with a gilded hilt and a tarnished blade. The sword's anomaly is, first, like many blades, it creates a sound described to be like a cymbal crashing, but far more intense. Depending on the level of force behind the impact, and the length of time the blade makes contact with the object it is impacting, this sound can be amplifed above human tolerance levels. It is to be kept in Containment Block A in a soundproofed cell, only to be removed on Leviathan Class-E or above orders.

Pollux

ACF-404, during a termination mission.
ACF-404, during a termination mission.

ACF-404 is a combination of Leviathan level anomaly and Class-A staff member. Used by SV-1 (Codename: Leviathan) for dangerous or urgent recontainment and termination missions.

Little is known about 404's history prior to his containment by the ACF. He was found in [DATA EXPUNGED] after reports of an unkillable mass murderer were caught by ACF lines. What he did before his killing spree, the meaning and purpose of his intricate tattoos, and his relationship to ACF-408 (as seen in a photograph found among ACF-408's belongings) are all unknown. Neither ACF is willing to discuss any of the above with faculty.

Castor

ACF-408, in a routine examination.
ACF-408, in a routine examination.

ACF-408 is a Leviathan-class anomaly found in [DATA EXPUNGED], at the same time as ACF-404. 408 was found speaking to 404 in an unknown language, in an apparent attempt to sooth its murderous rage. 404 was not responding to these attempts, nor to the pheromone being released from 408's anomalous prosthetics. Physical combat ensued, which was concluded with the containment of both men after they thoroughly exhausted one another.

"Castor" is to be treated not as an anomaly but as an ACF Class-E staff member. All his belongings, confiscated upon his initial capture, have been returned to him, and he is permitted free reign within and between facilities so long as he does not attempt escape or unsupervised contact with ACF-404. His official living quarters are among staff quarters, although he has been known to return to his cell from time to time. He is not to be disturbed if found within his previous containment unit.

Behemoth

ACF-666 surveillance.
ACF-666 surveillance.

ACF-666 was first confiscated by the Foundation as a small cub, bearing none of the malice it now holds toward staff members. The malice was a result of repeated and undocumented torment by Agents [DATA EXPUNGED] and Dr. [REDACTED]. When their maltreatment of 666 was discovered they were immediately demoted to Class-A and, for lack of a better term, fed to the creature. The trauma remains, however. Only certain members of Leviathan staff are permitted entrance to its cell.

Vandal_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Impressive.
Impressive.

llama_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@containment:

No Caption Provided

"I don't see them with you today, Leviathan," Councilman Llama walked into SV-1's office and sat down in a chair in front of the desk. Normally, the guy had at least 2 or 3 members of his ACF staff looming about, gazing at Llama in very threatening mannerisms. Today, he was alone in his office. This was almost like a rare treat, but no, Llama wasn't here with the explicit purpose of causing any trouble.

If there was someone in the entire organization that Llama hated, that would no doubt be Leviathan, and this is in no short part, mostly due to the actions of the unmanageable staff the man has bred under him, almost appearing to bully everyone else. And perhaps it was due to a difference in beliefs. Llama believed in the complete annihilation of ACF's where proven dangerous enough and if they could. That, however, does not stop them from being almost impossible to do, and then there are those cases where Leviathan simply releases them for his ulterior gains.

He dropped a bunch of papers on Leviathan's desk. "Anyway, I've prepared a new degrading compound for you to test on ACF-404. Premilinary test results on more...standard test subjects are here. Have this conducted at the earliest, SV-1? The last test took your staff three months to conclude. Seriously, can you get any more incompetent? Or are you afraid of losing one of your toys?"

Containment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llama_2:

"Good to see you too, Llama."

The age Data Uptid had noted in Councilman Leviathan's face and movements, some ten or fifteen minutes before this well-anticipated albeit unwanted visitor arrived at L-7, had apparently evaporated since then. The man sat at his desk with an almost smug look on his face, like a child with a secret. A secret that was liable to escape, both literally and figuratively. He kept the secret to himself, for now.

"They're around here somewhere. Some of Papillion's butterflies got out again, and you know the kind of confusion that can cause."

Papillion had full Council authorization to carry a small flock of the bugs with him at all times; in fact, nearly all Foundation staff, not just Leviathan members, had that authorization. Llama wouldn't be able to object too much to that. Even as SV-1 spoke, a small shimmer formed on his shoulder, revealing the hiding spot of one of the little creatures. It fluttered up, then down onto the file folder, before disappearing again.

"It's got nothing to do with my personal liking for 404's usefulness, Llama. You know how much trouble paperwork can be. Filing for permission, filing for authorization, trying to get both Waxx and Near in the same room since they're both required to be present to supervise. You shouldn't be so annoyed that it took that long. Actually, I thought you'd be relieved it took less than a year. Seems I was mistaken."

He pulled the file toward himself and casually flipped it open, glancing at the first page. Not really caring what it said, paying more attention to the sample of ACF-707 that had gone up in the air at the sudden movement and was now occupying itself with the front page. Probably memorizing it, the clever little thing.

"And considering 404's breach last month, there's going to be double the trouble to get proper authorization to perform the test. One of my men is on psychiatric leave because of that situation." A pause, then he gently reached down towards the butterfly, allowing it to crawl onto his hand. He addressed it quietly, "Find Note for me, will you? I don't think I got a copy of Redd's evaluation." The thing fluttered off, and was gone.

He looked back at his fellow Councilman. "Speaking of staff, where's your lovely assistant? She's usually hovering around you like seven-oh-seven samples around Papillion."

llama_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@containment:

No Caption Provided

Yeah. When it came to dealing with Leviathan, he mostly always lost his nerve, mostly because he always appeared so smug.

"It's got nothing to do with my personal liking for 404's usefulness, Llama. You know how much trouble paperwork can be. Filing for permission, filing for authorization, trying to get both Waxx and Near in the same room since they're both required to be present to supervise. You shouldn't be so annoyed that it took that long. Actually, I thought you'd be relieved it took less than a year. Seems I was mistaken."

Mhhm. Yep. Procedures that take less than a day if you were really intent on doing your bloody job. Llama stared at SV-1, not intent on cutting him any slack. His eyes flickered at the sight of ACF-707 sample that momentarily occupied a spot on top of the paper bunch he brought along. Truly, Leviathan was the pinnacle of recklessness when it came to supervision and monitoring of his staff. This though is not too bad. They were just samples of a far more dangerous anomaly. Still. Llama observed the mannerisms of the sample. It was learning. Truly, a most dangerous anomaly. Their capabilities simply magnify using a butterfly effect when they in proximity to each other, hence the nickname 'Butterfly Effect'.

Rex Pappilion. Ah, he's brilliant, that one, and wasted potential under the careless management of Leviathan. Llama has his eyes set on acquiring the researcher.

He looked back at his fellow Councilman. "Speaking of staff, where's your lovely assistant? She's usually hovering around you like seven-oh-seven samples around Papillion."

Tatiana Jones, my assistant. Ahh.

His faithful assistant and a most capable woman who could do anything that she sats her mind to. Her name brought a smile to his face. She was a source of pride for him, with how thorough she is in her mannerisms of both management and on-field conduct. Sometimes...Llama suspected Leviathan had his sights set on acquiring her, but of course, he wouldn't let something like that happen. "She's...at SV-2 finalizing some experimental data for processing. Unlike you people, we do precise work in my Llamanati Division. What we do help not just you, but billions of humans elsewhere in the world."

He paused and resumed glaring at Leviathan. The only reason he had to come personally in order to deliver these documents was that, if he did not, they'd somehow get lost in the process before ever reaching Leviathan. It's not just Llama that has problems with the menace known as Leviathan. Many in the organization find his conduct misdemeaning, to using his authority as SV-1 to put the researchers in harm's way.

Containment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llama_2:

Just like Llama to underestimate the role Leviathan staff played in the Foundation's work. The disbelief regarding the paperwork was clear on SV-2's face, replaced by an odd curiosity that SV-1 also recognized. Llama had his sights set on Papillion and his work; he had for a long while, and automatically assumed that the First Councilman would have the same envy of his own assistance. Leviathan couldn't really care less about Tatiana Jones. He had no real use for her at any of his locations. He didn't need an assistant when he had a loyal and dutiful staff on hand at most times.

"I don't think I'll ever understand how you think the work you do at L-2 is any better than that we're doing here at L-7, Llama. You perform a good deal of the Foundation's research duties, we perform some of the most important containment duties. Behemoth and Pollux are good examples of that. Not to mention Castor, who even you have to admit, has proven a valuable asset since his permanent release from containment."

He knew that using their names, or at least their nicknames, would grate badly against Llama's personal beliefs. He couldn't say he didn't care, he did care, he cared that it bothered his fellow Councilman. The hatred Llama had for himself, his staff, and his methods, Leviathan reciprocated at every turn by doing something else for no apparent reason except to irritate Councilman Llama.

It wasn't. Sure, that was a factor, but each choice had its own purpose. Castor, for example. The redaction of ACF-408's file and its replacement with a standard staff file had not gone over well with Llama, although that choice did have full Council approval. Unlike the current situation in Mitsuri... which was a large reason why he was bothering to engage in this conversation to begin with. His assets needed time to work. Considering how well they procured results for him, the least he could do was buy them time to get those results accomplished.

llama_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@containment:

"Okay?"

Well. Castor has proven invaluable over the course of his post-release performance, but it's not like Llama did not have precedence for his mistrust and fears. The many containment breaches during Leviathan's management of the ACF SV-1 division stands to argue for itself.

"You are dodging here, Leviathan. I don't know what's up, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see, won't we?" Despite Llama's reluctance to work with the man, he needed to work, and closely, with Leviathan and his staff members. A lot of the research he does needs biosamples from various ACF, including the likes of Pollux and Behemoth, samples, which are provided by SV-1 to SV-2 in due process. In fact, the organization's core mechanism is built around this factor of working together.

"Also, I've almost used up all the samples from 404 and 707. Do you mind telling your crew to get me more? And before you ask, yes, I know the council has not approved 707's termination, but I like to have contingencies, alright?"

Containment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llama_2:

Leviathan sighed deeply as Llama gave the anticipated reaction. They'd had this conversation so many times in the past it was getting really old. There were no new reactions to give. SV-1 didn't even know why he brought it up every time Llama gave any indication of disrespecting the work of his division. Personal ego, probably. Leviathan would be the first to admit that hubris was among his flaws. It was what drove him to the top.

"You know me too well, Llama, but you're right. we'll just have to wait and see."

He knocked twice on his desk, then waited a moment before a drawer that wasn't open a moment ago was, in fact, open. There was no sound of sliding, no movement. It was just suddenly not closed, and three more samples of ACF-707 fluttered out, all a creamy white and about the size of Leviathan's hand.

"I don't think we could terminate these things if we wanted to, honestly. Authority or not, they'd either find a way out by themselves, or Rex - Dr. Papillion - would put life, limb, and Foundation loyalties aside to make sure they were safe. And in turn they'd probably help him get away with it scot-free."

He watched the crazy bugs make a few more erratic circles before speaking to them. "Get Waxx and Near in here. And Papillion."

There was a moment of frenzied white wingbeats before they began flying off.

"Waxx and Near first, remember!" Leviathan shouted after them as if they weren't just butterflies. Which they certainly weren't. For all he or anyone else in the Foundation knew, all of reality could be made up of the crazed, colorful things. It wasn't unlikely, either.

"For such smart bugs they're a little too easily distracted by Papillion," he noted, half to himself, as the creatures vanished. "I'm assuming you brought the necessary paperwork with you. Data can get the electronic side of it handled afterward, but I know we'll need the Heads of Department and both of our signatures for 404. If I'm not mistaken, 707 just needs ours and Papillion's."

llama_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@containment:

"If you turn the pages, you will notice I've already prepared the documents for 707 as well." Llama understood at this moment that he would need to work with this man. Since his termination proposal of 707, it was sure to strike some nerves and dissatisfactions from Rex and the whole council, but Llama did not want ACF turning into a zoo with highly classified anomalies contained within it. HE'd rather not imagine a day when some all-powerful being decided it was a good idea to turn all the anomalies loose. That would be a disaster like no other.

"You know something though, Leviathan. It's concerning to hear you speak of containment breaches involving your staff so casually as if you will allow them to. Should I be though? Can you imagine the wide-scale destruction 707 can bring about?"

Containment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llama_2:

Leviathan flipped nonchalantly through the paperwork, not exactly reading much of it. It wasn't for him to read, after all. The man primarily responsible for 707 was Papillion; any research information should be directly forwarded to Rex. But, Llama preferred paper to faster, more easily accessible means. It just made everything slower, in the long run, even if it was easier for himself and Agent Alpaca.

"Seven zero seven has shown nothing malignant toward the Foundation since its containment. In fact, if I remember the record correctly, it contained itself, after securing a major breach. It's useful, Llama. You don't just throw away something useful in case it might do something wrong. At worst it's caused a bit of confusion by altering reality for convenience, but it's never done so much as knock over a glass vase. I'm calm about the situation because I know there would be nothing I could do about it, even if there was something to be concerned about in the first place. Even you should know by now that there are some things outside even Foundation control, and because for now, ACF-707 is one of the least of our concerns in terms of containment."

He had a feeling he was wasting his breath. He talked too much, his first commander had informed him, but he liked explaining what happened in his head. Before he could continue, a small knock came at the door.

"Come in."

The door opened to reveal Data, blue blanket wrapped around his neck loosely like a scarf, holding a computer tablet and looking mildly concerned. After a significant glance from Leviathan indicated that he should speak, he cleared his throat.

"Sir, there's been a development. Actually... there's been a couple of developments."

SV-1 sighed, then pushed back his chair, wondering what, exactly, he'd do with Llama while he looked into what was going on. As if on cue, Rex Papillion crashed onto the floor, surrounded by now at least seven butterflies, three of which being the white ones from not five minutes ago. He tried to look stern, rather than relieved, as the Class-C researcher pulled himself to his feet and dusted himself off.

"Waxx and Near?" He didn't explain; Papillion knew what he meant. He gestured out the open door with a thumb as the bugs settled onto his arms.

"On their way. Had to hoof it."

Leviathan nodded, then gestured to Councilman Llama. "SV-2 has a proposition regarding ACF-Seven-Zero-Seven. Read it over for him while I take care of something."

"Yessir." Despite being gruff and naturally disposed to rule-breaking, Papillion had a healthy respect for SV-1. Or maybe a healthy enough mistrust of SV-2 to want to see what exactly the proposition was. Leviathan walked out of the room behind Dr. Uptid, and the moment his back was to Rex the doctor's arms crossed and he scowled. The door wasn't even closed before the question came out of his mouth.

"If you're proposing to so much as break one of seven-oh-seven's wings, the answer is going to be no."

Leviathan smiled, as he made his way down the hall. Papillion was going to be an excellent distraction while he dealt with whatever was happening with his Spade and Club.

llama_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@containment:

Developments huh? Intriguing. Llama quickly sent a text to his faithful assistant as LV-1 got up and left out.

"My dear Tatiana. Please keep an eye out for what's happening down in L-7. I have a feeling our friend, Leviathan is doing something"

"If you're proposing to so much as break one of seven-oh-seven's wings, the answer is going to be no."

Llama looked up after the door closed behind him, to face the man named Rex Pappilion. "No, nothing like that Rex. I merely want you to give me a sample for...studying." As the document entailed, the Research & Medicine division of ACF, 'Llamanati' was interested in studying the behavior of ACF-707. The document also mentioned the acquisition of Dr. Rex Papillion's notes if he wasn't interested in just giving a sample to Llama. There were alternatives. And arguably the main reason Llama was interested in Rex was because ACF-707 was capable of warping reality. What if no one named Rex Papillion existed? What if Rex Papillion the researcher was only something ACF-707 fabricated? What if the anomaly was never contained, and still is not? The very thought sent chills down Llama's spines, because the man that now faced him looked eerily human, with nothing different about him, except for the fact that ACF-707's samples were drawn to him, as though he was their central nervous system. Llama did not want to imagine what it could do given human intelligence and sentience. Perhaps...years of studying human behavior, language and speech pattern allowed ACF-707 to come up with a human being, the perfect cover for its continued existence.

Containment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llama_2:

"With all due respect, sir, Dr. Papillion works just fine." While the words were appropriate for speaking to a member of the Security Council, his tone certainly wasn't. Leviathan had given all his staff considerable freedom when speaking to himself, but most of the personnel at L-7 could at least pretend to respect other council members. Rex was an exception to this. Just like Rex apparently had no idea how to do paperwork (though he knew full well and just procrastinated nine times out of ten), Rex was the one who had the craziest and most borderline unauthorized plans, Rex was the one who barely ever wore his lab coat to work. Rex was basically, from what rumors said, the polar opposite of Llama's Agent Alpaca.

Rex's scowl didn't dissipate as he made his way to Leviathan's desk and picked up Llama's 707 file. He leafed through the pages, intently focused on the reading. He shook his head and set the paperwork down. The butterflies fluttered away from him, around the room, some landing on the desk, others disappearing into thin air. One looked for a roost on Llama's shoulder.

"You've got to be taking me for an idiot, Councilman. Anyone can take samples for basic research and experimentation with Household and Risky stuff. Either you want me to sign off on a Leviathan-class interaction, or - and more likely, knowing your record - " The sharp green eyes that didn't quite fit the man's generally relaxed demeanor turned back on SV-2 in a stare that dared the Councilman to lie. "Or, you want to do some termination tests. So which is it?"