Legal Confidentiality - Queen's Halo & Umbra RPG

Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Queen's Halo

An empty room made of chrome and metal, a cold room. Only thing in it is a door and a window, covered. Suddenly the door open and in walks Miranda Frost, known to few as the villainess Queen’s Halo. Her blond hair was neatly combed to look as professional as possible. Her black business-suit had been neatly press and brought out all the good side of Miranda’s figure.  As she entered, she snapped her finger twice. This activated the room. The window-cover rolled themselves up into the top of the window and let the sun into the room. In the center of the room an office table rose up from the floor and behind it a very comfortable looking black chair. Different panels on the walls spilt open and reveal computers, bookshelves and a minibar.

Miranda walked over to her chair and sat down. As she did, a holographic display opened in front of her.

“Show today’s tasks,” Miranda calmly said to the display. She quickly looked the over “Great. Everything’s done.” Then the door opened and in walked Tatsu, Miranda’s assistant/robot.

“Like, there is like a problem.” Tatsu said walking over and caring an electronic notepad.

“What now! Did you forget you can’t drink coffee? Again!” Miranda was clearly displeased by this intrusion.

“No. There is a problem with your new building.”

“Which one?”

“The one you bought at the auction. We can’t get the deed.”

“Why?”

“It is an historic building.”

“What the f…! Who the hell did that?”

“Well you see, like, two minutes before you bought it, it was named an historic building. But the strange thing is, the application was put in on the same day as it was name. That never happens. There has to be committees and evaluations. There’s something wrong.”

“Get me my lawyer!” Miranda yelled. “Oh, right, He jumped off the roof.” Miranda started walking around the room, trying to come up with a solution. Many different things went through her head. And then she remembered.

“Ozzy Winters.“ she said.

“Who’s that?” the robot asked.

“A reputable lawyer, as far as I know. Call him.”

“Yes, right on it,” Tatsu said and walked out the room, closing the door behind her,

Miranda sat in chair and looked out the window. She knew that something else was going on in that house. And should anything go wrong, the new lawyer would be a perfect scapegoat.

Daywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Daywing

Ozzy Winters sat in his desk, simply......bored. He didn't enjoy his job, he didn't enjoy any job that wasn't him going out there and kicking criminals in the face, but he was good at this and he needed to support his younger brother and give them both a semi normal life. He sighed scratching his head, brushing his black hair down as he continued to look at his paper work, he sighed again turning around and looking out the window of his office at the city, he wished he was out there. His thoughts were interrupted when he heard someone knock on his office door. "Come innn!" He called turning around. It was his new assistant, Ashley Richardson. She was an attractive woman, but after the murder of his last assistant by Warsman *shudder* he wouldn't get involved with anymore normal women.  

"Hey Boss, we have a new client for you, her name is Miranda Frost, she's the owner of the science-branch. They're a company that mainly works with weapons and such." She dropped a file on Oz's desk, he opened it and a picture of Ms. Frost was on top. "Hmm cute.." Ashley rolled her eyes and continued, "There is a problem with a building she owns, she bought it at an auction but two minutes before she did it was named a historical building and now she can't take the contract." Um raised an eyebrow, "That makes no sense, there has to be committees, evaluations." Ashley rolled her eyes. "Yes I know, the limo is in the front, I've accepted the case for you so get going." Ozzy stood up and smirked, "Thanks beautiful." He walked out.  

Ozzy arrived in front of the building of Science Branch, after thanking his driver he stepped out and straightened his suit. He was welcomed by a worker of the Science Branch and after a tour of the building he was asked to take a seat in Frost's office, "She would be in, in a second." The worker said after leaving him there. Ozzy waited drumming his fingers on the arm of the comfy chair. Eventually boredom got to him and he stood up, walking around Frost's desk he looked through a few papers on her desk. He pulled one out with a small news clip attached the article stated "Miranda Frost's lawyer jumped off Science Branch building." Yikes. He continued through the files and found a paper which spoke of strange experiments that didn't sound very humane. Something definitely wasn't right.  

He touched a one foot statue of a beautiful woman on her desk causing it to open up by the mid drift  and reveal a button, he thought about if he should press it or not, curiosity pushed him to it. He pressed the button and panels on the wall opened up and computers were revealed everywhere, something definitely wasn't right he though again. He heard someone walking from down the hall, high heels were heard to be specific. He pressed the button quickly causing the panels to close back up and went around the desk sitting back down and taking a breath, he'd have to check this place out further, during his other job of course. 

Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Queen's Halo

Miranda was walking down one of the many generic hallways holding an electronic notepad. As she walks, Miranda was going over her days successes:

“The Ice Queen Cannon – check; Punching an undeserving employee – check; Rewatch season one of Bones – check; Talk with the new lawyer – F…!” Miranda remembered. It had been at least an hour since she was told of his arrival.  She bolted off, dropping the notepad; she ran past people knocking down those in her way. When Miranda arrived at her office door, she took a few deep breaths and entered.

“I’m so sorry to keep you waiting,” Miranda said as she entered the room. Her new lawyer, Ozzy Winters, was unlike any lawyer she had met. He wasn’t overweight, old or has visible suicidal tendencies. “I hope you have been given the information about my problem. “

Miranda passed him and sat in her chair. “I hope you understand that this issue is very time sensitive and a lot of money is riding on me getting that building. As far as I’m concerned, you can do anything to get me my building. Also I have granted you full access to the Science-Branch and its data and archives. Except the labs and anything associated with them. Business secrets – I hope you understand,” she passes him a keycard.

“Anything you need, ask my assistant,” then the door opened and in walked her assistant Tatsum, “Speak of the devil,”

“Sorry to disturb you, but there is like a slight problem down at the labs.” Tatsu said in her almost valley-girl voice.

“I have to handle this, Mr. Winters. Tatsu will be back in two minutes and she will help you. Good day.” Miranda said and left the room, closing the door after her.

“He’s cute.” Tatsu commented when the door closed.

“With the parameters set on you, every man is cute. Now what’s going on in the labs?” Miranda was annoyed but slightly intrigued by her lawyer. She couldn’t tell what it was, but he was hiding something.

“It’s about the building.”

“I don’t care about that now! Give it to Winters.”

“No, wait. You want to see this. I sent in the cameras as you with every new building but I didn’t look at them until now.”

“So what’s there?”

“A drug lab.”

“What?!”

“And it has been there for years.”

“Who the hell even owned this building before I did?”

“I couldn’t find it. The name has been deleted.”

“Great. Just great.”

“Should I tell Mr. Cutie pie, I mean Mr. Winters?”

“No. I want to see how good he is. If he can figure it out on his own, he could become a valuable asset in the future.”