• 130 results
#1 Edited by Icarusflies (13276 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you know that there’s a race of beings dedicated exclusively to chronicling bloodshed? There is. They call themselves the Sanguine Ones, and claim that each type of spilled blood has a flavor: paper cuts taste like watered-down cheap wine; fatal accidents taste like mead; but a battle, tooth and claw, gun and sword? Now that’s ambrosia.

The Sanguine Ones sew war, raven-seeds sprouting in the muck of the psyche. They feasted at Troy, devoured the Great War like a dog rends a piece of meat. They live behind the eyelids of madmen. They lace tears with rage. They have every god of war wrapped around a pinky finger. And through it all they are…sanguine. The world might end, but by God it will go out with a bang when it’s time.

Hector was still waiting to be granted his title of Master of Ceremonies. He had been waiting a long time, and he was extremely frustrated. He had aced his exams – refugees still swarmed out of the country he had all but demolished with his careful trickery, his words here and there to highly placed men, the First Blood that counted for so much. And yet his title was still being withheld. He couldn’t participate in any of the good stuff until he had his title.

In the meantime he was fuming in the massive library, where the Books of Blood sat heavy upon the shelves. He flipped through one of them angrily, the smell of copper rising from the pages. By chance, he landed upon the entries – nine in total – for a tournament of champions. King of the Vine. He mouthed the words, rolling them over his tongue. He had an idea.

He stole his father’s ceremonial garb, leather and silk and steel and ivory. He wrapped himself in the cloak and materialized on Earth. With his powers (significant though he was still a juvenile) he gathered them together – eight champions that he predicted would shakes the foundations of the world with their fury, attracting even the attention of the Sanguine Council, who would surely grant Hector his title immediately.

Here’s the scene: Hector stands at the top of marble steps, a temple rising up around him. Stained glass windows depict spilled guts and notched swords. Corinthian columns support the high ceiling. At the bottom of the stairs are the champions.

“Greetings,” said Hector, and blood dripped from his mouth – his tongue was a blade after all. “I am the Master of Ceremonies” (no one would know that he wasn’t). “I bring you here together to fight, and maybe die, in the name of violence itself!” He paused. “But if that isn’t motivation enough, the last one standing will get a gift. You see, the more blood is spilled the more my powers grow. When only one remains, I will be strong enough to grant a wish – anything within my power. Let’s begin, shall we?”

THE BASICS

KAY OH VEE! KAY OH VEE! The KOV is a fighting tournament where mighty champions duke it out until only one remains. The winner is crowned King of the Vine.

This is neither CVnU nor CVU, but some strange amalgam of the two. It is semi-canon, so take what you want out of it.

The 'wish' can be redeemed within reason - it cannot be used to go against the rules of the universe you're writing in.

STAGES

They’ll be wacky and wild and wonderful, and announced at the same time as the matches. If you feel a stage provides an unfair advantage, let me know and I’ll give you a new one.

RULES

Standard RPG rules apply. No god-modding, auto-hitting, that sort of thing. You know the drill.

While it's not required, it's considered good form to have a full bio (or at least powers and equipment). You may NOT alter this during the fights.

Each round will have a designated time limit, post limit, or more likely, both. Don't vanish or you'll be disqualified.

Be courteous to your fellow competitors. Things do get heated, but keep that fire on the battlefield NOT in flame wars. OOC nastiness can get you disqualified, or even banned.

THERE WILL BE NO EXTENSIONS. PERIOD.

DO NOT try to sway the judges to your favor. If I find you've been talking to a judge about your fight, you will be DISQUALIFIED.

Have fun!

JUDGING

Ideally fighters can determine amongst themselves who the victor is, but when they can't that's where the Great and Illustrious Judges come into play.

Judging will be based on the following three categories: Fighting Technique, Wordsmanship, and Progression.

Fighting technique is a combination of how you attack, counter and sell. Basically the battling part of the battle.

Wordsmanship is basic grammar and spelling. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it should be clear you tried, and at LEAST ran it through a spell checker. Bonus points for sweet metaphors, etc, and if your posts are enjoyable reads.

Progression is the story you tell. Did you move things forward? Did you develop your character, the setting, the tournament, anything? Has anything changed since the beginning of the match? Did we learn anything about your character, or how they think?

Our judges are:

The fair (and fabulous) Feral Nova!

The noble (and notorious) Nordok!

The fine (and fantastic) FallenProphet

THE CHALLENGERS

NOTE: KOV was invite only this year

The Charming…Cellphonegirl!

The Devious…Dorian Damned!

The Excellent…Everdeen!

The Cunning…Catalina Liafador!

The Great…Ghostshell!

The Glorious…Green Sentinel!

The Grand…Grimmwald!

The Riveting…Rive Drakeis!

ROUND ONE ENDS ON JANUARY 1st AT 11:59 PM

This is longer than the other rounds will be…consider it a Christmas present

Each fighter may make 5 posts – OP counts as a post

INTRO

“Well, time’s a-wasting…I can’t wait any longer,” said Hector. “I’ve crafted stages based in your innermost psyche…the human condition resides in each one.” Actually, he had just looked at the stages for previous years and used them for ideas. Not repeats. Inspiration. Seriously though, not repeats, that would be dull. I did not totally take this idea from a certain artist. I did not. It was my idea. This round you’ll be fighting in paintings, but they’re not actually paint or anything, they’re real. People with powers that work on paint and things are up sanguine creek without a paddle.” He paused. “Oh, but I almost forgot the most important thing! Who you’ll be up against!” He pulled a scroll out of thin air.

1. Cellphonegirl vs. Rive Drakeis

2. Green Sentinel vs. Catalina Liafador

3. Grimmwald vs. Dorian Damned

4. Everdeen vs. The Ghostshell

STAGES

CELLPHONEGIRL vs. RIVE DRAKEIS

“You’ll be fighting in the Starry Night. Unknown celestial bodies orbit close at hand and a quaint town lies below. One of you better be seeing stars by the time your fight is out!”

No Caption Provided

GREEN SENTINEL VS. CATALINA LIAFADOR

“Time just seems to melt away when you’re beating the snot out of each other. You’ll be fighting in the Persistence of Memory, a bizarre landscape with the ocean in the background.”

No Caption Provided

GRIMMWALK vs. DORIAN DAMNED

“You two look like you could use a break. Have a picnic. Take a swim. Kill each other. You’ll be fighting in A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte.”

No Caption Provided

EVERDEEN vs. THE GHOSTSHELL

“You two seem all doom and gloom. Well let’s get doomy and gloomy. You’ll be fighting in…whatever this thing is. It’s by Bosch in any case.”

No Caption Provided

Advancing to Round Two

1. Green Sentinel

2. Cellphonegirl

3. Grimmwald

4. Ghostshell

Round Two

ROUND TWO ENDS MONDAY JANUARY 15 AT 11:59 PM

5 Posts, OP counts as a post

"Alright alright alright, that was some quality bloodshed," said Hector. "No one actually died, but that's okay. Baby steps." He had summoned them all once more before his temple. Or half of them anyway. Losers didn't get the honor of being once more in Hector's presence. Unless...he filed that idea away for later. "To make all your wildest dreams come true, I'll need more. So have at it."

1. Green Sentinel vs. Grimmwald

2. Cellphonegirl vs. The Ghostshell

Stages

GREEN SENTINEL vs. GRIMMWALD

"You're tiny...you're so very very tiny. The world around you is big and wonderful, and full of nasty surprises. For scale, you're about a third the size of a bottle cap, and you're in a garden. Not the Garden of Edin. More the Garden of Bleedin'" Hector laughed loudly at his own joke.

No Caption Provided

CELLPHONEGIRL vs. GHOSTSHELL

"It's fast paced around here on this rainbow track floating in space. It orbits around a castle shaped like a star, so you can go inside if you want to, but out here there are no railings or anything to keep you from falling into the endless abyss of space. You can talk and breath and not freeze to death for some reason, but that doesn't make it any less scary."

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by Aberdeen (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

I'mma tear through the competition like wet paper. I mean, it's like everyone is wasting their time even showing up. This is my house, my throne. I'm the king, and I'll reign like my name is Roman! So...

No Caption Provided

Also, this is beautiful. I dunno why you ever doubted your ability to write. This is an example that you still got it.

#3 Posted by Grimmwald (3091 posts) - - Show Bio
This should be fun
This should be fun

#4 Posted by Kurrent (14336 posts) - - Show Bio
Nice!!!
Nice!!!

#5 Posted by ParagonxXx (3574 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Shanana (60271 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by Kurrent (14336 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Shanana (60271 posts) - - Show Bio

@kurrent:

You mind your business or you're next

#9 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio
Tha'Champ is here
Tha'Champ is here

#10 Posted by Shanana (60271 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Kurrent (14336 posts) - - Show Bio

@shanana said:

@kurrent:

You don't want these problems
You don't want these problems

Avatar image for damian_carlisle
#12 Posted by Damian_Carlisle (857 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like CPG gettin' rocked.

#13 Edited by Icarusflies (13276 posts) - - Show Bio

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/rpg-9/damned-if-you-do-kov-x-grimmwald-vs-dorian-damned-1915760/

First fight is up!

#14 Posted by Feral Nova (57602 posts) - - Show Bio

LET THE BRIBING BEGIN!

I take chocolate chip cookies xP

#15 Edited by ParagonxXx (3574 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova: Sooo not going to fall for that. You know we aren't suppose to bribe the Judges. *Winks* Ha ha.

#16 Posted by Feral Nova (57602 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx: drat! My evil plot against you guys has been seen through! Oh well... I still take chocolate chip cookies though in case you just wanna give me some >_>

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
#17 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (41590 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck everyone! Off to a good start.

#18 Posted by ParagonxXx (3574 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova: In that case, *Showers you in chocolate chip cookies* Tehe

#19 Posted by Bloodhound_ (120 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck, and have fun! Been waiting for a KOV for what feels like forever now, haha!

#20 Posted by Shanana (60271 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by ParagonxXx (3574 posts) - - Show Bio

@shanana: Please, by all means, start us off. ^_^

#23 Posted by Shanana (60271 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by ParagonxXx (3574 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for catalina_liafador
#25 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1457 posts) - - Show Bio

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/rpg-9/chapter-one-kov-x-1915944/

I just posted an intro

#26 Edited by ParagonxXx (3574 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador: @shanana

Question: As I am slowly working on my reply, I have a question. Is Catalina currently in her "goddess" form? The one where she looks like the movie Wonder Woman?

#27 Posted by Shanana (60271 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Feral Nova (57602 posts) - - Show Bio

The fights are going up!

Image result for excited gif

Avatar image for green_sentinelx
#29 Posted by Green_SentinelX (158 posts) - - Show Bio

Pooooosted. ^_^

#30 Posted by CellphoneGirl (19119 posts) - - Show Bio

I can start the op post tonight

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab869058874a
#31 Edited by deactivated-5ab869058874a (48 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Icarus, you've outdone yourself.

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
#32 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (41590 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#33 Posted by Royce_Dallas (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Will post later, yes I know it's the weekend

#34 Posted by 8th_Wonder (398 posts) - - Show Bio

Posting soon.

#35 Posted by Grimmwald (3091 posts) - - Show Bio

Posted!

#36 Edited by ParagonxXx (3574 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Feral Nova (57602 posts) - - Show Bio

Got less than a week to go! Let's go people!

i say as I'm keeping two people waiting for posts for the last two weeks >_>

#38 Posted by Icarusflies (13276 posts) - - Show Bio

FIRST ROUND EXTENDED TO JANUARY 1st, GET POSTING PEOPLE

#39 Posted by ParagonxXx (3574 posts) - - Show Bio

I will post my reply sometime today. ^_^

#40 Edited by Grimmwald (3091 posts) - - Show Bio

Post's up!

Avatar image for green_sentinelx
#41 Posted by Green_SentinelX (158 posts) - - Show Bio

As promised, I posted. ^_^

#42 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1457 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1457 posts) - - Show Bio

Posted

#44 Posted by ParagonxXx (3574 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by ParagonxXx (3574 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Edited by ParagonxXx (3574 posts) - - Show Bio

Poooosted. If I have my post count correct (we each have done 4 so far), that is only one more post for Shanana and one last post for me.

@shanana Whoever wins this, it's been a blast. I hope you had fun too. ^_^

#47 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio
Its that time again
Its that time again

#48 Posted by Shanana (60271 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by ParagonxXx (3574 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by Shanana (60271 posts) - - Show Bio