deactivated-57916056a8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rules:

1 - Everyone involved is fair game

2 - None of it is to be taken personally, everything is in jest.

3 - Anyone made fun of is encouraged to retaliate against me at will

No one is safe :)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

hahahahahaa swweeeetttt

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

This should be fun.

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waits

Avatar image for deactivated-57916056a8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the end of every round I will create an ode to the losers

Bogeyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahaha, time to go HAM with the trash talk.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every KOV deserves to be recognized by a unique subtitle so for this one it is:

Who the f*ck are half these people?

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By superstay

LOL, this'll be a neat read

d@-@b

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

You're a bad man,

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_ said:

You're a bad man,

Yes, yes I am.

LastPyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am Last Pyre. Aka the guy you don't know at all. You may look at my bio, you may not. It won't make a difference because you'll probably ignore everything I say anyway and talk to another vet. Cos f*ck us new guys right?

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lastpyre said:

I am Last Pyre. Aka the guy you don't know at all. You may look at my bio, you may not. It won't make a difference because you'll probably ignore everything I say anyway and talk to another vet. Cos f*ck us new guys right?

When I say I don't know half the people, that includes half the vets, half the new people, and who knows who the hell is an alt or not. You are confused if you think I am some old school Vine Vet who pisses on new guys, ask anyone who knows me well, I'm the exact opposite.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By superstay
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will go well.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowswordmaster:

Awesome, but I think lastpyre is a villain; And both of my characters are heroes.

d()*()b

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superstay: This is true maybe just you and me then ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_ said:

This will go well.

Apparently:

1 - I'm a Vet (news to me)

2 - I hate new people (how many posts have I made about making the Vine more accessible to new people?)

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armistice: How did you think this was gonna go???

You just weren't expecting that you'd be the victim :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_:

I thought everyone would read the rules and know none of this is meant to be personal in the slightest

I expected and encouraged to be the victim and heckled back, but was not expecting that.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sympathise with Last. Its tough when you're on the outside looking in, and we don't have a mechanism to transition from the outside to the inner circles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sympathise with Last. Its tough when you're on the outside looking in, and we don't have a mechanism to transition from the outside to the inner circles.

Someone made a couple of really good posts on that subject some time back....

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty:

Most under my old account, might be able to find one of the more elaborate ones.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By superstay

nice

d^_^b

Jaegerjaquez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fight/interact with someone who IS on the inner circle. That's what happened to me.

Or do what Pyrogram did and be really really active. If you dare!

I used to have thoughts on this, but I lost them all. In my day, we didn't really care much about getting "in." Least, not my crowd. It was an accident and when/if it happened it just happened.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaegerjaquez:

There is no "inner circle" it's a myth.

Most people are just very used to writing with a set group and rarely expand it.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty:

I have my moments

There are multiple others but that is the only one I remember what thread it was in.

Read further and look at Mercy's response, it's pretty funny.

LastPyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LastPyre

OK it's what 5:30 am where I am and I have no idea what time it is for you guys but I just wanna clear some things up seeing as I made this simple heckling forum into "equality for newbs" cyclejerk.

Firstly, my intention was not to directly address you armistice. That comment I made was more of a general stab at the main vets than it was at you. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Second of all, the problem is that it doesn't feel as bad as I made it out in that comment. Don't get me wrong, the feeling of being left out is still there but I know you guys don't do it on purpose. (Well I hope so anyway).

Thirdly... (I can't think of a third point to make) but I hope that we can move on from this subject and just talk about how armistice can't handle a bit of satire. (This is still all in good will btw , I don't really mean these things personally)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lastpyre said:

OK it's what 5:30 am where I am and I have no idea what time it is for you guys but I just wanna clear some things up seeing as I made this simple heckling forum into "equality for newbs" cyclejerk.

Firstly, my intention was not to directly address you armistice. That comment I made was more of a general stab at the main vets than it was at you. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Second of all, the problem is that it doesn't feel as bad as I made it out in that comment. Don't get me wrong, the feeling of being left out is still there but I know you guys don't do it on purpose. (Well I hope so anyway).

Thirdly... (I can't think of a third point to make) but I hope that we can move on from this subject and just talk about how armistice can't handle a bit if satire. (This is still all in good will btw , I don't really mean these things personally)

No beef on my end, whole thing is squashed in my eyes, so let the heckling fly

I have been there man, the Vine is not very accessible to a new player, no question. It has been a problem for YEARS and it is less intentional more than just people tend to stick to their set groups. Just try to get involved in random discussions and get in the mix to let people get to know you. Vets just have tighter cliques from writing together for so long, they are not ignoring you on purpose or being d!cks forthe most part.

If you have questions just ask. Mercy is the nicest mod you could ask for, and I'm not always online but my PM box is always open.

LastPyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you, at least now I know that other people know its a problem. I think that the KOV is a good way to get my name out there. I mean imagine if I win. Then it won't be so hard for me to join in on stuff.

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lastpyre said:

Thank you, at least now I know that other people know its a problem. I think that the KOV is a good way to get my name out there. I mean imagine if I win. Then it won't be so hard for me to join in on stuff.

I have ranted on the subject myself WAY worse back in the day, I would be a hypocrite to hassle you for doing the same.

As for the KOV, don't even worry about winning or losing, just focus on writing the best post you can. If you show you are willing to take a loss when the other writer out-thinks you instead of forcing a win you do not deserve, you will earn far more respect from the top writers. People want to write with someone who is willing to give and take for the betterment of the entire storyline, most of the best writers are known for their losses as much as their victories.

Things are not as active as they were in the past, getting involved and things rolling is hard for just about everyone, not just the new guys. Try to find a small group of people you like writing with and brainstorm on ideas and build from there, even the most established vets have had ideas crash and burn more than once.

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lastpyre said:

I have ranted on the subject myself WAY worse back in the day, I would be a hypocrite to hassle you for doing the same.

As for the KOV, don't even worry about winning or losing, just focus on writing the best post you can. If you show you are willing to take a loss when the other writer out-thinks you instead of forcing a win you do not deserve, you will earn far more respect from the top writers. People want to write with someone who is willing to give and take for the betterment of the entire storyline, most of the best writers are known for their losses as much as their victories.

Things are not as active as they were in the past, getting involved and things rolling is hard for just about everyone, not just the new guys. Try to find a small group of people you like writing with and brainstorm on ideas and build from there, even the most established vets have had ideas crash and burn more than once.

Too true. Humility and patience are the name of the game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_steel_:

The worst is when you are working with another writer who is ego tripping at your expense, there is simply no good option to deal with it.

1 - You god-mod back and it becomes ridiculous

2 - You just take it and get to be the chump

3 - You quit and wasted your time.

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lastpyre said:
That comment I made was more of a general stab at the main vets than it was at you.

I picked you to win the whole thing lmao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lastpyre said:
That comment I made was more of a general stab at the main vets than it was at you.

He said Main Vet, not Has Been :)

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armistice: True. The best you can make out of a situation like that is to finish it while staying respectful as you would to anybody who didn't god-mod. Some guys just need to be told flat out what their doing isn't correct without feeling the need to get defense, albeit some do anyway. The majority of godmods though are usually users that have that new guy naive state of mind where they can be the ultimate evil badass that can't be stopped or the white knight perfect, wins all the time hero. Youve got to remember anybody who get interested to write here usually reads comics, and if they read comics they've probably fantasizes about having powers, that's the whole attraction of rpg.

That said some cats are just assholes lol

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Charlemagne

@the_last_arashikage said:

@lastpyre said:

LOL even GOATS have trouble hanging it up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_steel_ said:

@armistice: True. The best you can make out of a situation like that is to finish it while staying respectful as you would to anybody who didn't god-mod. Some guys just need to be told flat out what their doing isn't correct without feeling the need to get defense, albeit some do anyway. The majority of godmods though are usually users that have that new guy naive state of mind where they can be the ultimate evil badass that can't be stopped or the white knight perfect, wins all the time hero. Youve got to remember anybody who get interested to write here usually reads comics, and if they read comics they've probably fantasizes about having powers, that's the whole attraction of rpg.

That said some cats are just assholes lol

The best battles are the ones that go back and forth because both sides sell and make you wonder who will pull it out. Where it comes down to one writer making a surprise move from out of left field and the other nodding in approval and taking the loss like a champ.

@armistice said:

@the_last_arashikage said:

@lastpyre said:

Jordan in a wizard's jersey, you trying to blind me?

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

LMFAO this thread.

Pro_Nelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Pro_Nelson

This is kind of irrelevant but I was on the what "what does your character think about the character above you" thread and me being a new guy I try to go on it and get to know others. Then someone called me unknown and insignificant.

I laugh it off of course as I really don't take anything to heart especially on the internet; even then that forum is more for just ooc stuff so I kinda expect joking but i'm rambling again. But the first thought that jumped in my head was. "So much for the slight chance of a warm welcoming feeling." lol !

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMFAO this thread.

Just a reminder:

Your opponent will not be Feral Nova every round, I know it will take some adjustment