Knightfall Emergency Care Center (CVnU Gothic)

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@ashley_knightfall:

Valentina's eyes fairly glimmered as she watched Ashley operate the security mechanism. It wasn't the first time she'd seen a retinal scanner, but it was safe to say that if she wanted access to this particular room without Ashley's express approval, the usual method would be unacceptable. It wasn't infeasible she could get a photo for mimicking, but how detailed would it have to be to fool the scanner? Maybe with the doctor's present state of confusion she could get some details at least.

June bristled as the wall of cold air hit her, gripping her arms to her sides with a shudder. But she just as soon forgot her discomfort upon truly seeing the lab. "Woah," uttered the dumbfounded intern even before she realized she'd made a sound, already stepping inside with a gradual spin to get a full look. Surprisingly neat for a workaholic's space but she guessed that was just part of the full package that allowed Dr. Knightfall to get the place up and running as soon as she did. Absently taking the coat, but with little idea how to observe any of the proper conduct code inside an actual laboratory, she did as she'd always done--observe the doctor and mimic her behaviours with what would've been eerie precision to a concerted observer.

Taken aback by the sudden clarity in the doctor's voice, Valentina hesitated. Paused, scanning Ashley with her opportunist's eyes. Meanwhile her face--June's face--still showed utter bewilderment at the accomplishment of the lab's mere existence. Now, she was so close to home. Now the real work began.

"Doctor...How...How did you even get all this down here? With the equipment and the security syst...I'd love to see itsome of ituh, your work down here. Maybe we could even...work together on some things?" Although June seemed to recede into self-consciousness as she finished, aware that despite the foundations of their relationship thus far, she'd been asking for a lot without offering much in return herself.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

Jonias(DC name) might stop by here

Avatar image for ashley_knightfall
Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso:

If there was one other place where Ashley felt the most at peace, it was her lab. Maybe that’s why she was able to keep herself in a more stable mental state, at least for now. She could see the wonder plastered on June’s face and the Good Doctor couldn’t help but give a soft smile of pride. She began making her way towards her computer, sitting at the desk as she began typing out her password and accessing the information she needed.

"Doctor...How...How did you even get all this down here? With the equipment and the security syst...I'd love to see it—some of it—uh, your work down here."

No Caption Provided

After clicking on a few applications and typing a few other passwords she unplugged a tablet from the computer and began swiping a pattern along the screen as it finally lit up with a soft blue glow. “I created this lab way before I had the hospital officially under construction. After the destruction of Catholicon I needed somewhere to put what was left of my lab. I placed it here. It’s been fantastic so far. This lab isn’t on the blue prints so security doesn’t know this place. Even if they did they wouldn’t be allowed here. No one else knows of this place aside from myself… and well… you.”

Maybe we could even...work together on some things?

Her brow slightly arched as she looked away from her tablet and her protege as she stood up from her seat. “Oh? I didn’t think you would take interest in pharmaceutical science. Well… there is a new mutated strain of the coronavirus. It was harmless before, but now it’s killed a little over two hundred. I was planning on gathering a sample in California and bring here to work on a vaccine if you’re interested. Unless you have an idea for another project?”

It was strange, it was as if she was back to her normal self. She was standing tall, her eyes were focused her tone was steady as she spoke and consistent. It was as if whatever was bothering her suddenly vanished the moment they stepped in the lab. It didn’t make sense. But Ashley wasn’t going to question it. She began walking towards the larger refrigerator, her eyes shifting from the vial safely sitting behind the bulletproof glass and to her screen. It was then she finally stopped at a smaller fridge where several small glasses of green liquid could be seen.

No Caption Provided

“Now… let me explain exactly what it is you’re asking for.” She began to get ready for a teaching lesson before she would even get the vial for June. “This is The Limiting Enzyme Agent to Secure Hemophilia. Which I also call The LEASH. This is a version of tPA. If you remember, is what we use tPA for when we need to break down a blood clot quickly. I created LEASH to specify a certain healing factor that a mutant had. It’s created specifically for their fibrin and Factor VIII in their red blood cells and thus cause their blood to become too thin to clot off and promote healing. To any normal human, this strips the proteins that make up the blood vessels and will cause internal hemorrhaging within minutes. The LEASH is able to last for ten minutes at a time and it must be delivered through injection. If you use this on a person who does not have a healing factor, they will die.” Her eyes focused on June to make sure she showed her that she understood before moving on.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashley_knightfall:

"Actually," said June, blushing so hard her face was nearly as red as her hair, "I've got a few ideas. Like, a lot of them. At least a handful. I...don't really have the technical expertise, of course, so it's all conceptual. I wouldn't even know where to begin but I'd love the help."

Many of them, she also knew, the doctor would question heavily--rightfully so. And while Juniper's mind preoccupied itself with thoughts of wearing Ashley's suit again, of becoming like the other pugilistic enforcers for which Gothic had become famous, her dualistic mind was split. Somewhere on a level buried well below unconscious, the Scarlet Shadowrunner reflected her thoughts as though through a twisted carnival mirror representing her sinister self. Wondering, could she use the Lavaliere to occasionally dominate the doctor without Knightfall realizing it in her moments of freedom? With practice she was sure she could, and Ashley's staff represented plenty of opportunities to try it, were it necessary. But first it'd be worth it to give her innocent side a subtle "push," see if she could convince the doctor to help out for her relatively noble cause.

And yet, above-level, June was barely holding her own under the pressure of Dr. Knightfall's preemptively admonishing manner. Nodding nervously yet attentively while maintaining focused eye contact so there could be no cause for Ashley to reconsider. "I understand. And I'll have to be careful not to let it fall into the wrong hands. Have to be on top of my game at all times. But also...last time, you mentioned something about a 'reversal drug?' Maybe you could...let me borrow some of that too, just so I'll have both components and be safe?" she asked, offering a sheepish smile and a shrug.

Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso:

A few ideas? Her brow arched with curiosity. Ashley did like taking on new projects. Even though she was already stretched thin. It was difficult for her to say no to a new challenge that would exercise her practice. Perhaps… hmm… maybe. “I would very much like to hear about your ideas.” She admitted. “At another time of course.”

No Caption Provided

As she was explaining The LEASH to June, she could see the nod of her head showing she understood the lethality of this drug. But… it still didn’t sit right with her. Why was she going to let her have this? Her mind was slowly starting to oppose what was she was about to do, the red flags were waving before her. She knew what June was, she knew what was going to come of this. Why… why was she going to do this?

“But also...last time, you mentioned something about a 'reversal drug?' Maybe you could...let me borrow some of that too, just so I'll have both components and be safe?"

“You mean The Rapid Application Polymer Protein.” The Good Doctor nod her head. “Erm.. The RAPP, yes, it’s a serum from tranexamic acid, combining it with the polymers found in algae.” It was an an extension of her RPG creation that was used to plug up open wounds to stop rapid blood loss. Her eyes looked at the clear liquid substance that was sitting next to The LEASH. “This replaces the strip away protein in the blood and promote clotting, but only for a short while. The individual would still need appropriate medical care and if used on a non-powered individual, it could cause deep vein thrombosis or even pulmonary embolisms.” She turned her back from June for a moment, looking at her creations. “Or even stroke out a patient with blood clots.” She spoke softly. Both were lethal on their own and in the wrong hands…

She turned back to June. The young manipulator who knew how to play on people’s emotions. The one who had used her abilities to get close to Ashley. June, who knew exactly how to portray herself to pull at the heart strings of Ashley and get what she wanted from the Knightfall Saint. But what was worse, Ashley knew it, and yet… she still allowed this dependence on June’s friendship to not only thrive but grow. And she loved every moment of it.

No Caption Provided

“Yes, of course, you’re right.” Looking down at her tablet a screen filled with twelve dots as she began gliding her finger across the screen in a specific sequence before then typing out a series of numbers and letters and a final thumb scan on the tablet before the smaller fridge that held the items inside gave a light hiss followed by the sound of a click. Setting the tablet down she slowly opened the door as the frigid air began escaping. Reaching inside she grasped the not only the vile of green liquid, but the clear one as well. Closing the door to her other projects the door instantly locked once more.

Moving to one of the tables she set the two vile of liquids on a holder side by side as she grasped a pair of empty 3ml syringes and two needles . Taking off the current gloves she had on she replaced them, not wanting to cross contaminate as she threw them in the trash before washing her hands and slipping on protective eye cover and new pair of gloves. First she would get The LEASH ready. Twisting the needles on she carefully pulled the cap off of one the needles off, setting the top on the metallic table. Grasping the vile filled with The LEASH she flipped it upside down as she used the other hand that held the syringe to pierce through the plastic of the vile and began to carefully measure out the exact amount June would need. Once done she set the vile down as she then flicked the syringe with her finger, making sure any air bubbles that may have made it into the syringe went to the top. Pushing the air out she stopped only once a small droplet of The LEASH could be seen at the tip. Carefully slipping the top back on the needle she would twist it off before putting a top on the syringe to keep the liquid from coming out and set the syringe on the table as she would then take off her gloves and dawn a new pair not wanting to accidentally cross contaminate the liquids. Doing the same she drew The RAPP from it's vile, twisting the needle off and disposing of them before picking up each syringe and placing them in small crimson laboratory bags before holding them out for June to take.

"The syringes are ready for you to use. You just need a clean needle for each of them."

(I'm sure you probably moved on with June but I just wanted to post lol. You don't have to respond.)

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashley_knightfall: [I could never "move on" too much to read a reply from you♥ Besides, even if I've moved on from one particular plot thread, there's always a place for Ashley in my plans. ^_^ Aaaaannnnd I actually do have some ideas for which she'll want to use the lab. >_>]

Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Private Labs

No Caption Provided

Ashley stood before a large screen and before her several scenarios of Sapien Flu going through her system that she programmed using cases that had been recorded online. She had gone through this several hundred times. Not one patient. Not one patient has she been able to save. Frustration was seen in her eyes as she has tried everything medically possible to save her pixelated patient. Nothing was working. Older patients with no medical issues, dead. Young patients with no medical history, dead. Patient’s without mutant abilities, dead. Patients with mutant abilities, dead. There was even a scenario where she died.

No Caption Provided

Once more her screen began flashing red as she watched her patient crash. Several blinking icons alerting The Reality M Knightfall that the patient was dying. She tried everything. Fluids, antiviral and antibiotics through a central line, intubation, G-tubes, everything she could think of she did. But the sound of a flatline went off. With a heavy sigh she swiped her screen, turning off the program she walked to her desk and sat down. Her cobalt eyes glaring with irritation and frustration as she shoved the stacks of papers on her desk onto the ground. It was already spreading through quickly in New York City and it only a matter of time before the Sapient Flu would come crashing into Gothic City and into her clinic, yet here she was, unable to figure out a way to treat them and apparently keep herself safe. And these were just virtual scenarios ran by a computer. Imagine if this was real?

She had already stocked up the hospital on necessary PPE, converted positive pressure rooms into negative pressure rooms in ICU and in the ED, stocked up on fluids, antiviral, antibiotics, cleaning supplies… anything you could think of she had done it. All that was left was her trying to figure out a vaccine. Which she was attempting to do using her own healing factor. Vials of her own blood could be seen along the counter tops. Her trying to see if she could get her own immune system that had the healing factor to target the virus and destroy it. Maybe her mutation could help. But she couldn't test it as a vaccine... not yet. She would need a live patient with the sickness… preferably one of the first who were infected. But she assumed all had died by now.

No Caption Provided

Her phone began to vibrate as she looked down to see it was a text from Dr. Trevor Dickerson, the lead ICU doctor. No doubt he’s been speaking with his previous co-workers over at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City. He probably has ideas to run by her and go over what they’ve seen so far with this virus. She also had an unread text message from Dr. Amy Hladik who also wanted to speak about some ideas. This on top of the press conference she was to do tomorrow had been keeping her busy. She was grateful for the physicians doing their best to prepare, but boy, they kept her on her toes. She had a lot to do.

Supreme_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy. Even Nova's making moves. In-depth read. Clinical details are your bag for sure.

Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy. Even Nova's making moves. In-depth read. Clinical details are your bag for sure.

Thanks man :D

HumansFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The creature was shuttled into town as a last request of sorts, the oozing mass of silt and rock slopping out of the truck’s bed. The Militia driver that had accompanied it stepped from the vehicle, careful to keep his distance from the puddled thing.
"This is it Diaz. You and the Militia are done. No more favors from us."
The monster half turned to face them, blind eyes scarcely registering their words. It heard them scoff, caught their last words, listened to their snickering as they drove off.
“Good riddance."
"Finally, we have an excuse to take out the trash.”
Their words rang in its ears for hours after they peeled away, their laughter for far longer. Had he the presence of mind, Diaz would have memorized their names and faces, promised them a slow, anguishing death. As he was, all he could do was slump forward, force one dripping foot in front of the other.

Already he could feel the mud congealing into structures against his will. Strands of thin, wispy nerve. Wiry sinew and stubborn bone, birthed impossibly from simple stone. Organs taking shape, forced into contact with the silty scrap of his former body.
Even as he felt his body betray him, sensed organs taking shape where he wanted none, he trudged on. Trudged to the only beacon of hope in a hopeless city. His last resort. His only chance.

The Knightfall Emergency Care Center. The only hospital that would not turn him away, all other hypocritical hippocratic oaths in the world be damned.
His dirt encrusted hands gripped the rails outside the hospital just as the mud beneath his chest began to balloon. His lungs, inert and formless for decades, had just taken shape.

Diaz collapsed before the hospital doors, hacking up sandy debris as his lungs cleared themselves as they formed. When the guards came to check on their newest possible patient, Diaz glared up at them, his voice reverberating in a familiar tone he thought long lost.

“Help me,”

“or I’ll make damn sure yer all buried with me.”
“or I’ll make damn sure yer all buried with me.”

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HumansFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: I'd check with your insurance. See if they can change your primary care provider.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humansfirst: With the state you're in, you really wanna go making threats?

HumansFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: I mean, you are in LA at the moment. Just thought it'd be hassle to fly all the back to Gothic for a checkup with a dead doctor is all.

If anything I'm looking out for you!

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humansfirst: She is a utility, and if you deprive me of that, some stuffy-nose flu will be the least of your worries.

HumansFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By HumansFirst

@rosso: Kind of hard to take that threat seriously when some stuffy-nose flu is probably going to be the last worry I'll ever have.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humansfirst: Under normal circumstances, perhaps. But despite your grotesque existence you are a living mutant, no? First the virus takes care of you...

...and then your soul is mine.
...and then your soul is mine.

HumansFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: Well geeze. You're really taking "together forever" to the next level.

Looks like Diaz's got a secret admirer.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#69 Feral Nova  Moderator

@humansfirst: >_> what the actual frick Uhhhh sorry we don’t take your insurance <_<

xD

Just to be clear, Diaz has the Sapian flu?

HumansFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: Yup. He's a mutant, but he didn't have a conventional body. The Sapien Flu suppresses powers and x genes, so this is the result.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Feral Nova  Moderator
Alpha_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humansfirst: Hope you don't mind, but I'm taking some liberities in my post with Diaz

Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humansfirst:

Dr. Knightfall was speaking with ED staff regarding the newest protocols in taking care of ALL patient’s. “Treat everyone as if they have the Sapian Flu. You wear these PPE no matter what they’re here for, understood?” She asked as she stood before her staff that had dawned their PPE from head to toe. The staff nod their head as one person rose their hand. “Yes Greg?”

“What if they’re here for an ingrown toenail?”

Ashley frowned under her mask even if the others couldn't see it. “You wear it for EVERY patient, I don’t care if they’re here for a medication refill. This virus is spread quickly through the air person to person and I’ll be damned if we get sick because a ingrown toenail sneezed Sapain flu on you thinking it’s allergies. You make sure every patient that walks in wears a mask and is at LEAST six feet apart from other patients if they are symptom free of Sapain Flu. Anyone with Sapian flu symptoms will be placed in our Sunroom where they will wait for a bed that is located on the other end of the ED away from who we hope are the healthy patients. I need you all to make sure you covered head to toe and you change your PPE with EVERY patient. We have plenty so do not hesitate to change your mask. Understood?” THey all nod their head in unison.

“Good now-”

“Doctor Knightfall.” One of the security guards came up to her with a deep look of concern in his eyes and worry in his voice as he wore his own version of PPE his company provided for him. “We have a situation at the doors.”

With a final look at her staff she gave them a firm nod. “Be careful, don’t rush anything and wear your PPE no matter what, now go save some lives.” The staff scattered off to their area of the ED as Ashley followed the security guard as patient’s waiting in the lobby had crowded to the other side. Looking at the doors she could see a pile of what appeared to be mud blocking the doorway. But the closer she got, she realized… “Oh no…” She spoke softly as her brows collided with each other. She quickly pulled out her work phone. “Nicole, are here in the building? Good, I need you to go down to my lab and get me vials of The RAPP as well as several bags of the Cytokines Infusion stat.” She hung up her phone before turning to one of the lobby RNs. “Get us a gurney and place the seizure pads against the railings.” She then pointed to a different RN. “Call the back, tell them we need a negative pressure room NOW.” Looking over at the security guard she motioned him to stand back. “I need you to keep the other patient’s calm and away from this area.” The security guard nodded his head as he quickly began making his way towards the patient.

Gently pushing the doors open the mud like creature was at her feet as she could hear bubbling sounds coming from him and could make out a male voice saying “help me” coming from it. A mutant who lost control of his abilities. This meant one thing to her, it was the flu. The RN came up with the bed, long and tall seizure pads blocking the railings of the bed. “My name is Doctor Knightfall, I’m going to do everything I can to help you, ok?” Her gloved hands reached down to him, it was feverishly hot. “Help me lift him up.” Another RN came up and between the three of them lifted what they could onto the gurney. The formless mud of a body sat there as it it began to slowly ooze from the top and end of the bed. Lifting the head of the bed up she looked around to see a patient with a blanket. Walking up she grasped the blanket, apologizing as she motioned for the tech who was standing by to get another one for them. Rolling up the blanket she stuffed it at the end of the bed and wedged it between the seizure pads to prevent him from falling out again.

“Doctor, room R4 is ready for you.”

“No, that won’t do. We need a S Land bed, call the back and tell them this is IT. If they’re not following protocol they need to right now.”

The RN nodded as they pulled the work phone back to their ear as the trio began to wheel the gurney to the correcte area. S-Land also known as Sapian land was an area created specifically for the Sapian flu to try and keep one area of the ED contained. The entire area itself was negative pressured rather than just the roomes themselves. They had possible patient’s come in with the sapain flu but without a proper test for it there was no way to tell for sure. They were hold for 24 hours and if they didn’t get worse symptoms they were discharged. But this? Oh no… this was it. Pushing the gurney through the door to S-Land a RN could be seen with eyes widen in shock. “Which room?” Knightfall called out.

“S-5” They literally dropped what they had in their hands on the counter top and followed. As soon as the got into the room several nurses working S-land came in without a second thought, dressed head to toe in the proper PPE as Dr. Hladik could be seen ready to come in. “No, Hladik I need you to tend to the other patients.”

“Knightfall-”

“Hladik, please, if I need you I’ll get you, ok?” In reality Ashley didn’t want Hladik in here because she didn’t want to risk her getting the virus this early in the game. The RNs in the room had actually signed up to work in S-land and knew what they were getting involved in. Ashley didn’t want them to get ill either, but these patient’s still needed RN’s as much as they needed doctors. Ashley was the doctor for S-land.

No Caption Provided

“This is an unknown age mutant male found just outside of our facilities. It appears he has lost his ability to control his powers."

"Um..." An RN stuck a thermomiter in what appeared to be the mouth of the patient when in reality they just stuck it in the mud. "It- uh he's 104.1."

"We can't get a blood pressure"

"I can't even hear a heart."

The nurses were scrambling. Ashley needed her The RAPP, it was an extreme medication to coagulate blood not used for humans. Nicole was then seen standing outside of the room with a cart that had what she asked for while she too was dawned in the proper PPE. "Don't come in here." Ashley instructed. "Push the cart in here." As the cart came into the room she nod her head. "Thank you." She turned her attention back.

Grasping several viles she began to crack them open, pouring them over the patient in hopes The RAPP would cause the mud to "coagulate" and form the body of her patient. Grasping another bag that held the Cytokines she began to also pour them over the patient hoping the combination of clotting factors of The RAPP and the healing properties of Cytokines could at least restore the patient to it's human form.

Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humansfirst: if you're not ok with anything I did in the post just let me know and I"ll edit it

TheEngima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just imagining they stuck that thermometer somewhere else

HumansFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't mind at all! Excellent post!

There's just one little thing I'd change...

@humansfirst:

As the cat came into the room she nod her head. "Thank you."

Can I get a feline free room?

Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't mind at all! Excellent post!

There's just one little thing I'd change...

@ashley_knightfall said:

@humansfirst:

As the cat came into the room she nod her head. "Thank you."

Can I get a feline free room?

LMAO didn't even notice that

But no, this is a strictly feline friendly facility. If you don't like it you can go to Gothic Memorial, they're canine friendly :P

HumansFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By HumansFirst

@ashley_knightfall:

"H...help me... help..."

"me... 'r... 'r else..."

Grant could feel the heat coming up from his core, spreading through his melting extremities, until all he could feel was fire and thirst. He couldn't be sure he was even speaking anymore. All he knew were the lights passing by, the muddled sounds of wheels scraping by on tile, and pain.

The last sensation, fervid, burning pain, only intensified the longer he lived. By the time they'd finished wheeling him into isolation, he'd already begun to wish for death. He was screaming, but without control over the muddy form that made up his body, and lacking the structures necessary to call out as a man, only air bubbling up to the surface of the mud.

When he "felt" the cool liquid pour over him, there was relief, but a very temporary relief.

"GHHHHHAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Sound erupted from the area where his throat should be, the early formation of a jaw took shape, and hollow eyes began to fill with deep black irises and bloodshot vessels.

"KILLL MEE!!"

The body taking form on the gurney began to convulse and flail, flinging mud and rapidly coagulating pieces of the mutant in all directions. Where his arms were restrained, the mud fell to pieces, leaving wriggling arteries and veins struggling to find appropriate anchoring points.

It was then that he finally, mercifully, fell into the deep black of unconsciousness. The healing properties of the cytokines served to keep him alive despite the rapid changes occurring in his physiology, and with his struggling at an end, the hospital staff could finally bear witness to the body forming beneath their efforts.

He was wiry. Frail looking. A man of Central American descent most likely, approaching his fifties, if not already there, hacking up muddy water and flecks of earth between labored breaths.

With some effort on the part of the medical staff, the wiggling fragments of arm not pieced together at first bled into one, fusing with the muck before emerging a proper limb. He was, for the moment, whole, but finally in human guise, they could finally see the extent of his distress.

They could finally come to know their enemy, this so-called Sapien Flu.

PS: I'll leave Grant's fate up to you from this point forward.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Grimmwald

@ashley_knightfall:

◈◈ Late Evening ◈◈

Rarely did Gothic City spend its nights in silence. Yet the evening air whistled a lonely tune as it rode alongside a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham.

"Turn up the music", Tessa groaned, tapping the chauffeur's shoulder before flicking her emerald eyes towards Kellan, amusement twinkling across her face as Eminence Front by the Who filled their ears, "Apparently Pete Townshend only learned about funk in the 80s".

"That so?", the Shadow King answered, a small smile playing on his lips.

"Well, at least according to some ancient critic who looks like something found in a pyramid", she shrugged, her lips twitching into a smirk.

"Aren't you supposed to be the nice Shadow Knight?", Kellan teased, meeting Tessa's gaze with a raised brow.

"I think we're on our way to see the nice Shadow Knight", she countered, holding a soft chuckle behind her rosy smile, "Well, you are, at least".

"Not coming huh?", the Shadow King asked, the answer to his words already known to both their minds.

"To see your old flame after you told her you wanted to give your relationship another try before vanishing from her life... again? No thanks", she declined, laughing off Kellan's question as she steered her eyes towards the window, admiring the haunting beauty of moonlight silvering the night sky, "I like Ashley, we all did. But I'd rather be here in the car, safe and sound when she decides to give you the Sapien Flu".

"You make a fair point"

"You make a fair point", Kellan conceded, glancing out his own window to sight the ivory fortress of hope and healthcare built on the ruins of Black House - his then parting gift to a woman for whom he so deeply cared, "But only in vanishing was I able to make sure that that thing wouldn't come for her soul".

"Nope, not buying what you're selling", Tessa taunted, shaking her head as the car glided to a halt.

"Probably because you're not a rich doctor", Kellan shrugged, his smirk sharp with wit as he eased out the car door, a folder of patents held snug in his grip, "I won't be long".

Shutting the door, the Shadow King strode towards the hospital, drifting through the shadows until he was standing before the door to Ashley's office. For a moment as fleeting as it was prominent, his heart rate soared before the ice water in his veins returned in full flow. Knocking on her door and pushing it open a second afterwards, Kellan caught the familiar scent of ground coffee beans in the air and his scarlet eyes sighted Ashley's messy blonde bun.

His heart skipped a beat, briefly disturbing his composure.

"Congratulations on finding a cure for the Sapien Flu", he smiled, wrapping the air in the silken timbre of his cool voice, "You look good. Look", Kellan sighed, "I understand that I'm likely the last person you want to see right now, but I didn't come here to disturb your peace by asking you to take me back. I'm here because I recently met a research biologist who has made some remarkable breakthroughs that might interest you as a doctor, if you're willing to hear me out".

Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimmwald:

After the release of the cure for the CR-833 The Knightfall Saint had been busy trying to keep up with the repairs to the hospital as well as treating the few patient’s with the virus that were left. Then there were the interviews that she had to sort through. She hated interviews. But she was told that people wanted to see the face of the person who created the cure. She personally didn’t like the idea of having her face plastered on several screens throughout the world. She didn’t make the cure for attention. She did it because people were suffering and it needed to be done.

She hadn’t felt this exhausted in a long time.Not since Grimm City (Now Known as Valor City) was under attack. The stink of coffee was plastered all over the walls of her office as she was signing off on paperwork and reviewing charts that were flagged by the Charge Nurse. A deep yawn overcame her as she could feel her lungs expanding and chest stretching. It felt good but oh was she needing sleep. Just a couple more hours and she could go home and rest. She signed off on the realse of information for the vaccine as she heard a knock on the door.

“Come in.” Ashley spoke out as her pen scribbled her signature on another sheet of paper. As the door opened The Knightfall Saint’s cobalt eyes looked up only to have her entire body froze as the pen dropped from her hand.

"Congratulations on finding a cure for the Sapien Flu. You look good. Look I understand that I'm likely the last person you want to see right now, but I didn't come here to disturb your peace by asking you to take me back. I'm here because I recently met a research biologist who has made some remarkable breakthroughs that might interest you as a doctor, if you're willing to hear me out".

She could barely focus on the words he was saying. Her heart palpated a little faster. The last time she had seen him was when she was cleaning up The KECC, when it was still Black House. The last thing she told him was how she wasn’t from this reality. That she was from Reality M. He’s still the only person other than Nicole, who knows this. The last thing he told her? That he was going after The Masters and attempt to get his soul and talk of him wanting to rekindle an old fire. So many questions were going through her mind. “I um… thank you.” He was talking to her so casual, so calm, as if here strictly for business. Over a year and he’s here to talk about business.

“Kellan… Shut up.” Ashley said as she took off her glasses as set them down on her desk, not even bothering to stand. “Sit down.” Her voice was stern but not loud as she motioned to the chair before her. “You think you can be gone all this time with the last thing you said to me was that you were going after The Masters and trying to recover your soul and then come in here all business with me? How dare you.” Oh no, she wasn’t about to allow him to do that. She lightly shook her head while she picked up her nuke warm coffee and took a sip. Setting the cup down she looked up at her once love as her lips ever so slightly curled up in a faint smile. “How are you Kellan? You seem well.”

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashley_knightfall:

No Caption Provided

The air was silenced as a tide of emotions beyond description swept through Ashley's office. Try as he might to freeze the ice melting in his veins, Kellan could do little else but surrender acres of his heart to the warmest soul he'd ever known. Her voice echoed, and the sway its pitch held over his heart drew a sigh from the Shadow King. She was right. How could he return after so long and regard her as a mere colleague instead of what she truly was? As he strode forward, he thought of how long she had waited for him to return, asking the fates for him until her heart sank when he vanished.

Easing into the chair she'd offered him, Kellan mirrored her as he too plucked the glasses from his face. For the first time in so long, his eyes met hers bare, wrapping her gaze in the scarlet shade of a red sunset.

"I loved you, Ashley. I still do", he confessed, the sheet of ice over his face cracking as his lips rode a curve of longing, matching her smile with his own, "I didn't disappear only to hunt down the Secret Masters. You were in danger from that.. that thing, that monster that wanted your soul. And if hurting you by disappearing and going radio silent meant you'd be safe, it was a risk I was willing to take. So, I spent nearly a year tracking that monster down. It was difficult but I managed to. And in place of your soul, I gave it the soul of the Beast of Brass, one of the Secret Masters I defeated".

"As for how I am, that doesn't matter. All that matters is that you're okay, messy bun and coffee-scented just as you should be", he smiled, teasing her as he often did, strolling into her eyes with his own and laying bare every inch of a soul fated to match hers, "Ashley I know I really hurt you by vanishing the way I did. But I care enough about you that I did what I had to to keep you safe from that thing, even if it meant facing the devil itself, and running the risk of losing you. There was...", he almost laughed, shaking his head and chastising himself for the words that next escaped him, "I had this idea that when I'd return, I was going to ask you to marry me".

"I had even bought a ring. But the longer it took to forge a deal with that monster, the longer the time I spent away from you. I took so long that by the end of it, I didn't even know if you'd want to have anything to do with me. So, I came up with a partial excuse to come see you and gauge your potential hatred for me", he paused, a soft smile crossing his face, "I do have some breakthroughs that I want you to take a look at, but really I came here to see you. I missed you, and I've never stopped thinking about you. I never will. You're the love of my life. The woman I'd fight heaven and hell for, and after going to the Black Hallows, only heaven's left", his smile warmed.

"You make me want to be a better man, but more than that, you make me want to be with you. We're finally at a point where all the threats are done with. The Strix monster and the Secret Masters are gone, and you've cured the Sapien Flu".

"But", Kellan sighed, lamenting the possibility that she was well and truly done with him, "I understand if you don't want anything to do with me, if I'm too late".

Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimmwald:

She watched as he sat down, pulling off his glasses as she could finally see him for the first time in over a year. Months, days, hours, minutes, seconds were silently calculated in the mind of the doctor since the last she had seen him. His scarlet eyes almost glowing in the poorly lit office (reminder to self to get Javiar to replace the bulbs), it brought a mixture of emotions that she hadn’t felt in so long. Kellan was the first man she fully trusted in this world. Trusted him with her life, her entire being, even her soul. But then he betrayed her. Severed the trust that she had with him when that blasted stone took him away from her. But when he was freed, and regained himself, he promised to return to her. So she waited, and waited, and waited and waited…

No Caption Provided

But during all this, she became friends with June as well. The one he tried to kill and one who tried to kill him. It was a horrible friendship triangle that she got herself tangled in. But June had been there for her in the time Kellan was not. Even when Kellan went crazy and tried to destroy Gothic City with his plague of undead warriors, June was there to not just save her but to even willingly sacrifice herself to help Ashley confront Kellan and take the Soul stone from him. After that June was always checking up on her wellbeing. Until recently. She was gone… What happened to-?

"I loved you, Ashley. I still do"

Her eyes blinked in shock. She wasn’t expecting that and it showed as her faint smile melted away and her grip on her cup tightened. She thought she would hear about his time away. Hunting, killing, moving on, moving away, a new lust, new love, that this would be a final closure of what the two once were. Instead, it was of him yearning, longing, a desire to be with her once more. Even talk of a wedding ring. She tried so hard to bury her feelings for him all this time. Expecting him to never return to her. To never see the gaze of eyes pierce into her soul. To never feel the warmth of his touch. The stinging passion when he kissed. Now, here he was, cutting open his heart and spilling it out to her.

The Knightfall Saint’s eyes shift away from him and to her black coffee. Did she love him? Of course she did. She always had. Even all this time, even through everything he put her through, all the anger she once harbored for him, the anxiety he induced inside her, through everything, EVERYTHING. She still loved him. She bit the inside of her cheek as she tried her hardest to hold back the tears. “Kellan I-” her voice broke as she cleared her throat, adjusting herself in her seat to recompose herself. She closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. “I apologize, I uh, was not expecting this. You caught me off guard.” She admitted to him as she opened her cobalt eyes. She could feel the wall she built around her begin to crack.

“You can’t begin to understand the mixed emotions that I’m feeling right now. Even after all of the pain, disappointment, anxiety, fear and stress I can’t lie to you and say that I didn’t miss you and hoped with all my heart that you were ok.” A faint weary smile slowly appeared. She wanted to let her feelings come forth and unleash themselves. But at the same time… she didn’t want to experience that hope again that she just might get her version of a happily ever after. It wasn’t him fighting that scared or worried her. Not even him being killed is what she feared. It was him possibly losing himself again. That was worse than death in Ashley’s eyes.

Her eyes shift back up to him. The monster, yes, she remembered June speaking to her about it. “You know… I was told of that monster and told that it was wanting my soul. My…” she couldn’t help but give an airy chuckle of the word that was used to describe her soul. It was simply ridiculous.My ‘pure’ soul. When I knew it had yours I had every intention of finding that monster myself and facing it. I was willing to give it my soul if it meant yours was to be freed and Ju-” she paused, her eyes diverting from him. June. What would June think if she was here? She would hate Ashley for her still having feelings for Kellan after everything. How dare she have feelings for someone who killed so many. Who killed the people Ashley worked tirelessly to save. The betrayal. He was too toxic for Ashley, not good enough. He betrayed her once, he would do it again. She could hear June’s voice in her head saying it. But she couldn’t help it. But then again… was June any better?

“Anyways… it was a stupid idea, I obviously wouldn’t have stood a chance against such a creature. I’m fortunate to have had my own Gothic Saint protecting me.”

The more he sweet talked to her, the more he confessed his love, the longer that smile appeared on his lips the more she could feel her heart spill with emotion and that lump in her throat swell. Her heart was palpitating quickly, she was breaking more quickly and she could feel her blood pressure rising, even felt a bit lightheaded. But when he said…

"But I understand if you don't want anything to do with me, if I'm too late"

“Damn it Kellan,” Her voice began to quiver as the walls crumbled. Her hands released from her mug and pressed against her lips, as if trying to stop herself from saying anything further. “You make it so hard to even say that I think we should just be friends. Because as much as I think that would be best, it’s not what I want.” She spoke through the gaps in between her fingers, slightly shaking her head as tears began to fall from her eyes. “It’s not what I want, not at all.Kellan, I love you. I’ve always loved you. I tried to move on, but the moment I thought of being with someone else, I couldn’t help but think about you. I drowned myself in my work to stop myself from missing you. But the moment I was alone with my thoughts… I couldn’t help but pray to whatever twisted God is out there that you were still alive and that maybe, one day, we would see each other again and be together again. Now here you are, telling me that you love me and still want to be with me and I want nothing more than to have you wrap me in your arms and I just tell you ‘take me, I’m yours’ but… I don’t think I can handle losing you like that again. I’m not even talking about death. I don’t think I can handle losing who you are again.”

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashley_knightfall:

How strong Ashley must have been to fight the tears silvering her eyes and itching the skin of her heart. A river of emotions flooded the air, rushing into his soul where her words formed a riverbed. Love, fear, hope, anger, then love and fear once more. Kellan caught their pitch in Ashley's voice, and a tide of guilt rose over him, drowning him in waters that dared carry him far away from her, to a land of loss and defeat. But as their hearts thrummed together and his soul wrapped hers in its warmth, the Shadow King held the eyes of the Knightfall Saint and shook his head as his thoughts flicked to her fear of losing him again.

No more.

"Stop it, Ashley", he paused, swallowing the lump that had settled in his throat, clearing it as his eyes glimmered with moisture and years of Strigidae and Keijijo training eroded in the moment - thepassion - storming between a scarlet killer and his golden saint. Taking her hands into his calloused grasp, Kellan drew her into the comforting heat of his arms, where she'd find home and hearth, where his chest would warm against hers and his heart would give to her every inch of who he was - body, mind and soul.

"I hate myself for the mistakes I've made", he confessed, his eyes watering, the dark bass of his voice billowing from his chest to hers, wrapping her heart in the storm of sincerity brewing within him, "And no one hates me more than I hate myself. Not even her", Kellan paused, breaking away from their embrace to caress Ashley's face in his hands, his thumb a silken brush as it stroked her cheek soft and slow, his gaze meeting hers as if it were the only thing on heaven and Earth worth sighting.

"I hate what I've done. The mistakes I've made, and I don't think I ever won't. But I don't hate myself more than I love you. I don't want to just be friends any more than I want to catch the Sapien Flu", he smiled, glancing at her lips for a fleeting second, "I've lost myself before.. and you aren't sure that I won't again. But I am. Because when I saved your soul from the Strix monster, I saved hers too, because it wanted her soul as well. And she means nothing to me, less than nothing. But... it was the right thing to do, even after learning that it was she who originally promised that monster your soul". And for all his faults, Kellan knew - that even at his worst - he had never done that.

No Caption Provided

"You won't lose me again, Ashley. You have me".

Fingertips heating against her face, the Shadow King crushed her lips with a simmering need, his molten tongue seeking hers with a promise - that he would leave her no more, and remain the man with whom she fell in love. Kissing her in a breathless rush, one arm tucking around her waist while his other hand gripped the nape of her neck like a rake, Kellan drew her into him until his lungs burned for air.

"Do you want me to stop?", he asked, breaking an inch away, his breath smoldering against her lips as he found her eyes, "The Secret Masters won't come for us. The Strix monster will no longer bother us. I love you, Ashley. And not even an army will take me from you".

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"And no one hates me more than I hate myself. Not even her"

No one can match my hatred!
No one can match my hatred!

Mason_Grayl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mason_grayl: Still a bad person! How dare you try to turn Ashley against me!? I can totally be the hero in her life...as long as there's no competition. >_>

Mason_Grayl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimmwald:

Their bodies pressed against one another as Kellan wrapped his arms around Ashley in the warmth of his protective embrace. Her head pressed against his shoulder as she too wrapped her arms around his torso. For the first time in such a long time she felt a calmness wash over her as muscles that have been tense for so long began to relax. It was as if a storm that had been plaguing her life had finally come to a halt, even if for the moment.

To feel the warmth of his touch, to hear his beating heart, to see the softness in his eyes, it was as if things had returned to what it once was. Talk of promises, vows of love, devotion to her, they were all words.

"You won't lose me again, Ashley. You have me".

No Caption Provided

Before she could open her mouth to speak, he silenced her and calmed her quivering lips with this own. Her body melted from the temper of his kiss as he held her. An inferno of want, no, of need overwhelmed her core as her hands reached up to the back of his head, her fingers running up through his hair. The longer their lips were locked onto one another the more intense it became. Even as he parted from her, her lips followed him for a moment before she pulled back, out of breath as her hands moved away from his hair and rested upon his chest. This was speaking louder than his words.

No Caption Provided

She had become lost in her thoughts for a moment until he spoke once more. Stop? Did she want him to stop? The doctor pulled herself back to reality for a moment, searching for the sincerity in his eyes. Her ever frigid fingers gently ran down along the warm skin of his jawline as she was silent for a moment. It was enough to sober her up from the drunken kiss. Her own cobalt eyes never waved from his scarlet as she intensely gazed up to him. “I love you too Kellan. All of you. I was ready to sacrifice my soul for you. You are the one person who has made my life in this reality worth wild." She gave a faint yet genuine smile as she slowly leaned in and gently kissed the base of his neck. “You make me genuinely happy and feel loved." Her hands slowly made their way to the bottom of his shirt as she began to tug on it. "Now... if we can please stop talking, and make up for lost time.” Her lips slowly making their way up to his. “Because I don’t want you to stop. And then afterwards, I promise we can talk about your friend all you want.”

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashley_knightfall:

Love and lust swept through the air in waves, carrying Kellan and Ashley from the alabaster walls of her office to a land where pleasure and intimacy are kings. A tug on his shirt, a scorching kiss on his neck, Ashley teased and demanded - and the Shadow King answered her desire in kind. Stroking the side of her neck with a heated finger, Kellan captured Ashley's lips with a smoldering kiss. Passions soared and his lips hungered against hers with a want - a need - forceful and demanding.

"I'm all yours, Dr. Knightfall", he teased, mumbling between the kiss, his hands tearing off her white coat. Groaning into her mouth, Kellan held her till every inch of her femininity surrendered to the burning heat of his touch. Sweeping her into his arms and carrying her to a table, the Shadow King cleared it with nary a grain of regret and the two united in body and soul.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Caption Provided

Moments afterwards, as Kellan buttoned his shirt, a glint of amusement flashed in his eyes, a thought crossing into his mind, "It just occurred to me, that after all these years together, we still haven't even been on a date. Unless that ceremony in Valor City counts", he joked, his smile riding a curve of subtle charm, his scarlet eyes flicking to Ashley's cobalt gaze, "We need to rectify that. But also", Kellan paused, inching closer to the woman for whom his every fiber thrummed, drawing her hands into the summer warmth of his, "Our lives have been really shitty for the past couple of years".

"You lost your entire world, an entire life before we even met. I was dealing with the Strigidae, the Secret Masters, everything else. Then that monster came for us all", he sighed, "No more of that. You lost me before but I'm here now. And I want us to close the chapter on shitty years and look forward to something better", his smile returned, the words escaping his lips piercing into her heart as he held her gaze with eternal certainty, "I'm back in Gothic, for good. The city needs help, so I'm here. I've taken over some local organized crime syndicates and I'm using their resources for something good".

"Building schools, distributing free food and water in the places most affected by the recent attacks. Gothic needs all the help it can get. But I also need you. I want you to move in with me".

Ivy_Cunningham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love them

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashley_knightfall:It's not my best! But I had to get something up and I kinda threw it up in a hurry because I'm fading in and out of consciousness. As usual, respond at your cadence; I know you're busy.

The longer she was away, the harder she always found it to come back.

First of all, she should've come back sooner. With the Sapien Flu outbreak she should've stopped by immediately to see Ashley. But the Underworld demanded fierce loyalty that outstripped any personal attachments. Those who allowed those attachments to get the better of them tended to suffer. And she'd been following a trail of her own on the other side of the nation.

As usual she'd return like the scolded dog, apologize for her extended absence and ask for the grace Dr. Knightfall was always kind enough to give, trying to show she was genuine before guiltily making yet another request of her mentor.

The location may have changed but the ethos of the Catholicon was rooted more deeply than the walls that formerly housed Dr. Knightfall's base of operations. It was in the doctor herself, and the staff - each and every one painstakingly chosen for passion, the unwavering strength of their convictions, their dedication to the preservation of life no matter the personal cost.

Well, all except one.

Although she was by all accounts a sweet enough girl, for most within the Knightfall's employ Juniper was an anomaly that seemed slightly out of place. While she'd clearly developed an attachment after Ashley saved her life, June's attraction toward the profession seemed a mild curiosity at best; or perhaps some perceived obligation; at worst, it may have only been an excuse to satisfy an infatuation. She passed through the halls, the fragile balance of life and death on display all around her, and was not the slightest bit bothered by any of it. Some on the staff, those who were able to notice, assumed this had something to do with how closely she'd walked toward Death's door. (If only they knew.) Others theorized a kind of defense mechanism, an adverse - a dissociative, or avoidant - reaction to the trauma, both when she'd been dropped on their doorstep and when she survived the slaughter that took so many lives when the Devil's forces attacked the city and the Catholicon.

But none of that was the issue. Despite the blood and sickness, triumph and tragedy both that surrounded it, for Valentina a return to Ashley - no matter the location or circumstance - was a return to the only true comfort she'd ever known. It was hard coming back, because coming back to Ashley made it so hard to leave.

The badge she'd been assigned gave easy access to most areas of the KECC, and June made a direct path for where she was sure Dr. Knightfall would be, casually tossing a request for the assistant at the desk to page her and notify her of June's arrival.

Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: @grimmwald:

She was still coming down from her high of ecstasy she began putting her hair up back in a bun as Kellan began talks about their dates, or rather the lack of and reminding her just how much the last two years of their lives (or rather their lives as a whole) was one disaster after another. Ashley had been in disaster mode since her arrival in this reality with only small pauses in between.

No Caption Provided

The Knightfall Saint was quiet as Kellan spoke, slipping on her iconic white coat once again. Declaration of love, dedication and help to those in need was made before her and Ashley appreciated it deeply. But a small part of her is still worried. Was she wrong to feel this way? Kellan loved her and she loved him and she wanted him to be the one she loved for however long she had in this reality. However, as his came closer to her, she couldn’t help but give a glint of a hopeful smile as the warmth of his hands gave her goosebumps race up her arms. The more he spoke, the more she felt her heart soften, she wanted to believe him, not just that, she wanted to help him in her own way. Even though he had taken ‘control’ of the crime groups in Gothic rather than dismantle them. But in a city like Gothic, could she expect things really being done differently and more law abiding way than this? No, not in Gothic.

But it was his last sentence that caught her off guard.

"I want you to move in with me".

She unrealized held her breath as he spoke those words. He wanted her to… move in with him? She didn’t even spend time at her own home unless Nicole needed something from her. It would be nice to not sleep alone all the time, or just fall asleep here doing work because of her not wanting to go home to a cold bed. It was something she wanted, of course. She parted her lips to answer.

“Kellan, I think that would-” Before she could finish, her work phone rang, cutting her off. She stopped in mid sentence. “Hmmm, I’m so sorry, just… a moment please.” She released one of his hands as she pulled out her cellphone from her pocket. “Dr. Knightfall.” She answered. “Oh, Yolanda, what is it?”

If she thought she forgot to breath when Kellan asked her to move in with him, her heart almost stopped when she heard what was on the other line. “What?” She blinked as she took a step away from Kellan, but still holding onto his hand. “N-no don’t do that. I’ll um-” Her cobalt blue looked into his crimson red. “I’ll be right there.” The troubled Knightfall hung up her phone as she tucked it away. “Um, June is here.” Well… this was an unforeseen circumstance... for today at least. Her friendship with June is what gave her comfort during her struggles in life when Kellan was taken by the soul stone and when Kellan was gone all this time. But she knew Kellan would not approve of her association with the woman who had attempted to kill him. Just as June wouldn’t approve of her current interaction (or relationship once again) with Kellan.

“Kellan, I can’t ignore her. She’s been there for me and assisted me when I needed her, when you weren’t here." She wasn't trying to make him feel more guilty than he already did. But she had to make him understand that she couldn't just shoo her friend away. A friend she made essentually because of him. After all, he was the one to suggest that he befriend when he found out that June was at the Catholicon. "But, to finish what I was going to say before I was interrupted. I would love to move in with you.” Her eyes gazed upon the welcoming features of his face as her free hand gently cupped his chin and lightly pulled him to an innocent kiss. “But I will be sleeping on the left side of the bed… if we ever get that far.” An infectious grin appeared on her lips as she gently pulled her hand away, her fingers running down his chin until the last one finally released him.

“Meet me at my place later tonight please. We still have to discuss your friend as well.”

With that she released her hand from his as she walked out of her office and closed the door behind her. Her smile faded away as quickly as smoke from a candle dissipated in the air as she tried to get rid of any hint that she had just and a… rather pleasurable encounter with her boyfriend. The tapping of her shoes as she walked upon the white tile flooring could be heard as she smoothed out her clothes one last time before turned the corner to see June. A more softer, much more innocent smile than the one she had on her face moments ago appeared on her lips. “June!” Ashley called out as she would try to close the distance between them and embrace her friend. “I’m so grateful to see that you’re ok! When I didn’t see you right after the virus outbreak… I was just… I was very much worried about your wellbeing, your body, mind, spirit and soul.She emphasized on the last word referring to the soul stone that she knew June still had in her possessions. “Come, I want to hear everything about what you’ve been doing.”

She would guide the way back to her office, and while June spoke (or not) she would be mentally praying that Kellan had in fact left her office by now and wasn’t looking for something he may have… misplaced in her office during their special time together. By the time they reached the office she reached for the doorknob before giving it a twist and pausing for just a moment before opening it and allowing June to walk in first. Oh wait... was her office still a mess? Sh!t.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Grimmwald

@ashley_knightfall: @rosso

“Kellan, I can’t ignore her. She’s been there for me and assisted me when I needed her, when you weren’t here."

That moment - those words - lanced through his mind, storming past the gates that once guarded his soul. The disapproval brewed on his brow, a subtle scowl writ into existence as Kellan held Ashley's gaze with deepening concern. Shutting his eyes, Kellan reached into the depths of his core, finding whatever remained of his composure the moment Ashley voiced her intentions to welcome Rosso the Crimson into her office.

An assassin. An opportunist to whom every life had dollars as its worth. And it was Ashley's that she had once sold to the devil himself.

The thought stirred in his mind and sat in his heart.

"If I wasn't here, it was only because I was doing everything I could to save your soul from that monster. The soul that she sold", he growled, the outrage heating into his face. Pinching the bridge of his nose, the Shadow King drew his eyes shut a second time, and a sigh escaped his lips.

"Ashley... you always see the best in people. It's part of why I love you. But don't let it blind you from the truth. She and I may have both taken lives, but only one of us has ever offered your soul to the devil. I love you... she just wants to own you. Be careful".

As Ashley turned at the heel to stroll out her office, no moment flowed slower through time than her fateful stride out that door. Watching her, the Shadow King pulled the air into his lungs, breathing deeply as he turned away. The air swirled in his core, easing into his qi before flowing through his limbs. Calmness rolled over him in a tide, and as the light from above rode along the contours of his Achillean muscle, Kellan swept his eyes towards his shirt and coat. His clothes were scattered across Ashley's office, and the scent of sex hung thick in the air.

No Caption Provided

It was a mess, and he hardly noticed it as a thought crossed his mind.

The files!

Darting towards Ashley's desk, Kellan plucked the folder into his grasp before rushing to retrieve his clothes. But as his dermal senses sprung into alarm, catching the melody of heartbeats near and familiar, the Shadow King turned round as the door creaked open, and he met eyes with the assassin who'd once bargained with Ashley's soul.

"Goddamnit..", he cursed, yet as the seconds ticked away and her actions surfaced to the forefront of his mind, a fire-seed smoldered from within.

Funk it.

"You know what, I'm not fleeing the scene like you asked, Ashley. I've been on the run for long enough. I won't hide what we have. She would've learned about us eventually, if not today, then tomorrow or next week or next month and so on, it doesn't funking matter. I'm not hiding this anymore, and I'm not apologizing for it. You told me you didn't want to lose me again, so I'm not leaving you".

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashley_knightfall: @grimmwald:

No Caption Provided

June made a beeline for Dr. Knightfall's office but halted abruptly as a figure jumped in her way.

"He-hey, Juniper! Long time no see!" She looked up. A fellow intern, Cody Something-Or-Other. She didn't want to be rude but there was literally no reason to talk to him and the fact he imposed himself onto her path immediately made him a nuisance.

"Yeah, hey, I'm just"

"H-here to see DocDoctor Knightfall?" Cutting her off while denying her non-verbal request, he stepped every way she did, denying her attempt to pass. "Yeah I dunno if that's such a good idea, she's uh, she's been real busy latelyuh actually I don'tI don't even know if she's in right n"

"You're hiding something." She stopped trying to pass, looked him up and down before remembering she didn't need to read his body language to know what was going on. A faint shimmer in her eyes, as suddenly she knew exactly what he was up to in that moment, and far more. Well-intentioned though he was, he was indeed providing a distraction for something. Actively impeding her with intent.

"Cody if you don't move the feck outta my way I'm gonna kick you in the nuts and tell Dr. Knightfall you tried to assault me." He stammered, stuttered a bit more and then, defeated, stepped aside, head hung slightly. Fortunately for him, he seemed to at least provide enough of a distraction for Ashley to intercept June in the hallway before she could make it into the doctor's office.

It was always the same whenever she saw Ashley. Her heart fluttered and, as much as she might've feared coming back, there was nowhere in the world she'd rather be. It wasn't so much the locale, but the company. Ashley Knightfall, the person, was as close to a home as she'd ever had. Juniper half-skipped and fell into Dr. Knightfall's chest, wrapping her in as tight a squeeze as she could muster. Pairs of eyes raced in their direction but the more experienced members of the staff understood there was something different in June's relationship with their boss, even if it was a little odd.

Pulling herself away, she did a quick scan of Ashley's features for signs of wear, fatigue, pain and even injury, but contrary to what she'd feared, Dr. Knightfall was positively glowing."Sorry I couldn't get backhey, you look great by the way, I don't know what you're doing for self-care but you should definitely keep it upI got caught in Cali when Governor Starr shut down travel, then catching up with school was such a hassle. But it's not bad, mostly. I'll tell you all about it when we're alone." She could hardly wait. It'd hurt beyond words, leaving Ashley alone for so long, especially knowing how much the Sapien Flu had to have stressed her out, but the young freelancer's current projects - particularly those which involved Ada Guillaume - were certain to put a huge target on her back, and the doctor would be included in that if those in the Underworld learned of this singular vulnerability in the enigmatic Scion of Shadowland.

Yet in the conscious mind of her persona, none of that was reality. June's concerns were far less, and she whiled away the walk to the office talking about a new friend she'd made, how he hadn't gotten along with her uncle but she'd been able to make peace; about her own independent studies, probably nothing special to the doctor herself but taken in June's own spare time to show her dedication to what she'd learned under Ashley's guidance. And while, somewhere deeper than her mind's unconscious, Valentina worked on sorting out why Cody'd acted weird and why Dr. Knightfall seemed off, June remained blissfully unaware that anything was wrong.

The door swung open.

"Goddamn it.."

The words—no, thatvoice—pierced the air and held all in place like a skewered prey animal pinned to a wall. June held in the doorway with a gasp, arms shooting out to both sides to block Dr. Knightfall from the intruder. It didn't matter. She couldn't have stopped Ashley from entering the office any more than she could've stopped the sun from rising, so weak were her knees. She knew him, but she didn't. A thrill of dread suffused her body from the heart, fragility overwhelming her even as she tried to figure out why this man was familiar—and so damn disturbing.

No Caption Provided

Realization dawned. Liquid nitrogen pulsed through her veins and she felt as though she might shatter at the slightest movement or touch.

But she had to. She had to see Ashley, to see if the look on her face would confirm what He had said. To see first-hand what Ashley's betrayal meant to the doctor herself.

Slowly, June peeled herself from the spot she'd been frozen on and stepped aside, pinning her back to the wall to keep from exposing herself to Him, but leaving the onus on Dr. Knightfall to finally enter and determine how much of this verbal preamble to carnage was going to spill out into the hall.

"D-Doctor Knightfall..." she trembled, brittle voice barely above a whisper. Her knees locked and held her up against the wall, the only thing keeping her from collapsing in a derangement of all her senses. "That's...Th-that's him. The...who sta–...almost killed me, when we met. And the city...That night...And you...?" The moment dawned in waves to overwhelm her, and a deluge of nausea crashed down afresh to finally take her off of her feet. June sank hard onto her butt, trying desperately to hold Ashley's gaze but never quite able to keep her eyes off of her tormentor for long.

"Doctor, please help me understand because I don't...Where do I...What am I supposed to think?"

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Feral Nova  Moderator

OOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I DIDN'T REALIZE YOU POST I'M AFRAID TO READ

Adepta-Occulta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: There's no escaping this! Read it now, so that we may suffer together!

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Feral Nova  Moderator

@feral_nova: There's no escaping this! Read it now, so that we may suffer together!

I DON'T WANT TOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I mean I lowkey wanted this to happen but now that it's happening I'm scaaaarrrreeeeeed! BUT I'M EXCITED BUT SCARED!!

Suffer Be Happy GIF - Suffer BeHappy AboutIt - Discover & Share GIFs

Adepta-Occulta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: You made your bed when you decided to combine interactions!

But who's gonna lie in it, that's the question.