THIS IS… KOV 2022!
Glorious battles have taken place over time. Victors crowned over the years, all of them bearing the title of KING/QUEEN OF THE VINE.
A tradition forged years past has resurfaced once again. DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?!
To those not familiar with the KOV, this was the biggest battle tournament in the RPG forums. Think of it as the World Cup/NBA Finals/Stanley Cup/Superbowl… but BETTER. Over the years, hundreds have participated, but only a few have won. ARE YOU UP TO THE CHALLENGE?!?!
Will you die? I cannot say. Will you win? I cannot predict.
WHAT WILL YOU WIN?
Tranquil, Feral Nova, Sha, Longshot… these are four of only 10 winners. Each of them RPG Legends in their own right.
Will you join the grand ranks of those who have won in years past? If you have won before, will you cement your greatness by being the first two-time winner?
What the Judges will be looking for
- Just Darn Good Writing: Judges will look for the person who sets the stage and keeps the reader enthralled throughout the battle. Make your post enjoyable! Throw in some metaphors and such. Add some pizzaz is all we’re saying.
- Perseverance: Did the writer stay true to their character? (If judges are unsure on any character they will check your biography please make sure you have an abilities and weaknesses section that is up to date for their convenience.)
- Taking The Hit: Can the writer take a hit and play it off throughout the fight. For example, if one’s arm was broken in the second post, does he or she still recognize it as broken in a later post or are they throwing punches with it?
- “I Make This Look Good”: Does the writer possess the ability to make their character look good while also shining a nice light on their opponent?
- Creativity: Are the attacks being used by the character creative? Or were they simple variations of the same attack, did the fight resemble one of the fights the competitor was in earlier in the tournament?
- Backing It Up: So, your character has extensive training… well make sure to show it in your writing. It will make the story more enjoyable and improve your chances of proceeding to the next round should the match go to a vote.
- Spelling and Grammar: Read before you post, fix the errors you see and read your posts again before sending fights to the judges, to check for more. While an error here and there shouldn't hurt you, if a mistake is large enough to pull a reader out of the story, then that may be a factor in how the vote goes.
Who are the judges?
ZICCARA LIAFADOR and FERAL NOVA
Both judges will read everyone else’s battles and vote fairly based upon the criteria above.
- NO SWAYING THE JUDGES OR YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
- And of course, the general RPG rules apply: No God-modding and the such. Every round the character advances, they take their injuries with them (no miraculous healing between rounds).
- And definitely no adjusting power-sets/abilities or obtaining miraculous items during battle or in between rounds (unless otherwise indicated in your setting). Note: Items/powers obtained through settings from one round will not pass onto the next round.
- Any OOC insults will not be tolerated. This is a tournament for the title of King/Queen of the Vine, not King/Queen of Jerks.
- This thread will have all of the rounds posted with your opponents and stages.
- Note: all of the opponents and stages will be randomized. You will be notified of when each round begins along with details of your stages as well as your deadline.
- The deadline is the deadline. NO EXTENSIONS.
- Taking precedence from past KOV's: Prime, CVU, and nU characters are allowed.
- When you are assigned your opponent, it is your responsibility to decide who posts first and to get to your post limit in the tourney by deadline.
- If you cannot reach your five-post limit by deadline, that is okay.
- However, judging will be based on what has been posted and any posts after deadline be considered.
- Severe time delays will be factored into judging (Ex: if there is one post each, but the second one was put up minutes before deadline, leaving the first poster no time to respond). Each round will have a designated time limit, post limit, or more likely, both. Don't vanish or you'll be disqualified.
- Be courteous to your fellow competitors. Things do get heated, but keep that fire in IC battle. OOC nastiness can get you disqualified, or even banned through the mods.
- AND MOST IMPORTANTLY... Have fun! It's an RPG Battle. Just enjoy! ^_^
Any problems, questions, etc. Please contact me.
SIGN UPS ARE NOW CLOSED!
If you would like to sign up, @reply to this post. Deadline for this tournament is June 17th, 2022 at 11:59pm EST. Once you sign up, please PM me the following info about the character you will be using:
Universe (Prime, CVU, or nU):
This info will be sent to your opponent and to the judges for each round so they may mentally prepare for battle and to ensure that no one may change their character ability or power-set mid-battle just so you can win. The judges will decide who will be the victor of the round.
THE CHALLENGERS (No limit):
2) GREEN_SENTINELX (ParagonxXx)
3) SUPREME_SAPIEN (Raysh_Al_Shaytan)
5) CRIMSON EAGLE
ROUND 1-ENDS JUNE 29th AT 11:59PM EST
ROUND 1 RULES:
5 POSTS EACH.
- Please try to finish by deadline: June 29th at 11:59PM.
- Members of each battle round will decide amongst themselves who will post first.
- If you are doing the opening post, please label the topic as the following: KoV XI Round 1: Person 1 vs Person 2 (vs Person 3, if applicable).
AND NOW ONTO THE BATTLES!
Fair warning, I've been on a Star Wars high recently...
ASMODAI VS DARKCHILD VS CRIMSON EAGLE
A special triple threat battle between three different generations of RPers. The setting? The fiery lava planet Mustafar. Be aware of the heat and the random bursts of lava shooting out like geysers.
GREEN_SENTINELX VS SUPREME_SAPIEN
Two legends in their own right will battle it out in one of the most recognizable pieces of architecture in the Star Wars Universe: The Jedi Temple of Coruscant. This temple of the former Jedi Order has been abandoned ever since Order 66 and will be the perfect battle spot for two powerhouses. Also, keep an eye out for some lightsabers, there may be some lying around.
KOV XI FINALS (Deadline: August 1st at 11:59PM EST OR UNTIL BOTH COMBATANT REACHES 5 POSTS)
SUPREME SAPIEN VS CRIMSON EAGLE
The finale! Where will our two finalists battle it out? Well, it's a mix of where and when.
FINAL STAGE: THE CV MULTIVERSE
Our two fighters have been fully healed from their wounds of the previous round and will battle in a mirror dimension of the CV multiverse. Our finalists will begin battle in the Cave of Wonder, where all events of the multiverse are occurring in one instant. Should they crash into one part of the wall, they will be transported into a random place within CV Prime, CVU, and CVnU across all space and time. In this strange mirror dimension, the fighters will see no physical beings present; only the ghostlike figures of individuals continuing their adventures. Any and all destruction in this multiversal mirror dimension is possible as it will not destroy anything in the main universes. However, with every wall broken, they will be transported into another random setting within the multiverse. Any items found in these settings may be used in battle. Where will our fighters end up? Will they crash into the lair of the ICE Dragons or be suddenly teleported into Gothic City? What items will they use in battle? Who will win KOV XI? We shall soon see.