Avatar image for deactivated-634b0239db01a
deactivated-634b0239db01a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@lamartheslayer:

Linda prepares herself for yet another meeting with Alex, still having no idea that he's the hero known as Tachyon. She's Green Sentinel but that's still a recent thing so her secret is still hidden from her boyfriend. Although she's a Galactic Law Enforcement Officer, a Space Cop if you will, she conforms to the laws of the planet she's on so she's no vigilante. She's a regular human being with a power ring and no powers of her own.

No Caption Provided

Linda walks up to Alex's door and to his house as she reaches for the door bell and rings it. Not long after, he answers it. The blond hair throws her off for second. Whose this? Linda thinks, but then she sees the face. Unmistakably Alex. Did he dye his hair? She smiles as that question drops from his lips. "I love it, Alex. Blond hair suits you."

Avatar image for deactivated-642cad4e06994
deactivated-642cad4e06994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamartheslayer:

No Caption Provided

Wally is older than a 50+ year old man, but thanks to his powers his aging has slowed down. He's still in great shape, though. A familiar smile crosses his lips as Alex asks him that question.

"You already know who I am, son." Wally says with a tip of his hat, "But the last time you saw me, I hadn't shaved in a while and I was in a wheelchair."

The woman behind Alex places a slender hand on his shoulder, smiling softly and her voice familiar and kind, "It's us, Alex. Your parents, we're back."

Alex's mother is in her 70's and looks it, but still healthy and vibrant. Wally himself looks younger but that should be obvious by now as for the reasons why, "We came back, Alex. We're both here to stay. If you'll have us?"

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This interaction is Open to any who want to participate

{Alex West Voice Journal: Recorded with

Speed.

Something that all men want, something that few get to experience, speed makes the world go, pushes us all to go faster and faster, to not stop in our pursuit of goals, to restlessly chase our dreams. But what happens when you're the Fastest and still have no time to pursue those goals? What if everything you ever worked for was simply erased along with you, and everyone you ever loved forgot your name? But everyone who hated you remembered?

Well...I'm about to tell you how that feels.

It...funking...sucks...

Fastest man alive and I can't even get my mom and dad to remember I exist. Shit I can't even FIND my mom and dad. My girlfriend's memories.... GONE. Weirdest conversation I've ever had trying to explain that. Especially since she thinks I'm just that weird kid who followed and look at her weird in school.

I don't even know where to start fixing things, like seriously, especially at that school, I had to unenroll as fast as possible. Ven AND Juno were there, and I would have no way to go about that situation that didn't sound horrible in my head.

"Oh hey guys, you go to school here too? What a coinky-dink? Whaaaat? No I didn't follow you here, I just got slammed by the timestream, forgot all my memories and somehow ended up in the exact same place as you.

Yeah. No. I'm good thank you. I'll talk the Outcasts when I'm ready, and I'll show them I'm a good dude now, just tryna live.

But now I have a city to look after again, Key City needs me, no one else can protect it, no one else DOES protect it, and so here I am. Running through the streets trying to see if anyone needs my help.

Well. Shit.

{End Voice Session}

"PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE FUNKING AIR AND DON'T FUNKING MOVE! OR I SWEAR TO GOD WE WILL KILL ALL OF YOU"

No Caption Provided

Bank heist's the most cliche criminal activity every created, where men and sometimes women always enjoy being brought down by the heroes who somehow never seemed to go away. And at this same time twelve men with military-grade weapons held an entire bank of civilians hostage, praying to God himself that Key City's resident superhero would appear. But boy they did not luck out, because in a simple whoosh of wind and crackle or electricity that sent the banks lightning going, stood Alex West, AKA Flashpoint. He stood there with a wicked smirk on his face, his scarlet hair scattered around his face.

"Wait, so let me get this right, you want them to put their hands in the air...but not move? That's pretty funny. Look, I'll give you 6 seconds to put your guns down and put your hands up, and maybe we can get some burritos before I turn you in. Cool?"

Long story short, Alex had some burritos and some robbers got a shorter sentence.

Now, Alex stands in Grand Parkview in full costume talking and waving to the pedestrians and park-goers, perfect time for a ally or friend to stop in and see who the "new" speedster was, or an enemy to attack.

Agent_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Agent_Grimm

@alexander_west:

No Caption Provided

Agent Grimm sat waiting in silence, the random motel room he rented barely lit outside of the glow of the street lights gleaming through the curtains. Temporal synchronization had set, he had adjusted to the time line and now all he had to do was wait.

His TIA badge had finally signaled, a strong anomaly had been registered. A strong buzz shook the table which housed the signal. His head rose, is cybernetic fist clenched as he knew what the signal meant. He had trained for this moment. Ready for what was to come.

He rose like the warrior he was, grasping his badge to reveal his destination. He looked at the location upon his badge and then onto the massive weaponry which he had sprawled across the bed in the room. It was enough to take out a small country. It was definitely enough to take on an entire city.

Key City it is...

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_grimm:

What do you want me to do with this? *LOL* You didn't really give me much to work with

Agent_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Agent_Grimm

@alexander_west: Im at work, that is why. Ill PM you intent. Im in though cuz its being revealed naturally

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As Alex stood and talked to the bystanders around him, his smile lit up the entire park, the conversations were so much more than words between a hero and his fans. It is the smiles, the gentle shrugs and the light in everyone's eyes, even Alex's. Everyone was elevated by each other's presence and even the silences are comfortable. They are moments to savour the company of the other and feel that sense of peace that comes from feeling loved and protected, within the arms of friendship, and that is why Key City loved Alex West, because despite his flaws he had always genuinely cared about them, and this feeling had heightened even further.

But all things come to an end, and Alex was called to duty, but this wasn't a normal threat. This felt different. Kind of familiar in a way, kind of like someone hopped through the timestream...

Shiiiiiiiiiit. Alex thought, in his mind it could a whole load of cases on why someone just time jumped near enough for him to sense it. It could be The Time Master, which Alex dreaded with his entire being. But this didn't feel like a speedster incident, and he couldn't sense the Speed Force on this Temporal Hopper, the jump had been fairly clean, and though Alex could feel the shifts and ripples leaking out from his arrival, it wasn't much.

It's a pro.

Someone who had traversed time and was fairly good at it, someone who did their studies and learned the flow of the stream and managed to cross it swiftly.

Respect.

No Caption Provided

But Alex also knew that someone this intelligent was dangerous, especially if he wasn't a friendly, so Flashpoint gently broke away from his crowd and bid them good night, and with a burst of pure speed, he was out of the area, shooting well beyond the bounds of the city in less than an eyeblink. Time bent around his body as he sped forward, electrical plasma rippling from behind him with every step, he pushed forward with power that would humble the quickest of athletes and the most powerful of men.

He rode the wave of temporal feedback until it led him to the source. And what he saw was not what he expected.

He let out a sigh of relief as he skids to a halt in front of Adam, with a quickness that made it seem as if he just materialized from thin air. The man in front of him was an interesting sight, equipped with a cybernetic arm, eye and armed to the teeth with weaponry Alex would raise an eyebrow slightly

Damn, this dude is E-QUIPPED

Fighting back the uneasiness Alex would look at Adam and with a slight wave the Speedster would say kinda awkwardly

"So uh...you gonna break the awkward silence? Or am I?"

Then realizing he had already broken it Alex's face would furrow slightly in a frown and he would say:

"Oh."

Agent_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_west:

The red blur would materalize into a young man in front of Adam quicker then he expected, but then again, he was dealing with a speedster - if the term even applied to the reason for Adam's appearance. Alex's easy demeanor and nonchalant greeting would stir a building emotion that did not show physically upon the time agent as he grasped a radiant blue sphere within his grasp.

Adam would show a slow grin, which many that knew him was a smile of immense as the giant warrior sat before Alex, his eyes locking onto the speedster. Greetings. I guess this meeting between us was inevitable, Mr West, or whatever you are calling yourself now. (I can edit the TIA knowing your name since I am from the future.let me know)

I am Agent Grimm of the Time Investigation Agency, an organization established after your timeline to guard against threats that would threaten the entire timeline from a place called the Vanishing Point. Much like you, I am not from this time period. Agent Grimm brought attention to the glowing spheres which emitted the blue energy. I do not know if you have ever seen this in your timeline exploits. They call it a bradyon sphere from where I am from. Its pretty much a weaponized version of what you would call the Still Force. Grimm would lock upon Alex to see if the speedster registered the information he was relaying and if his comprehension was as fast as his actual speed. It acts much like a grenade. Crack the glass and bunch of massive particles come shooting out that Im pretty sure your powers would register. It is the standard counter-measure the TIA deploys against speedsters. This one happens to have already been activated by me pressing into its outer shell, the only thing stopping it is my finger from unleashing the particles. Im sure you would know what would happen to your obvious speed advantage if said particle would cross your powerset.

Grimm would hold firmly his touch upon the sphere, his thumb upon the sphere much like a deadman switch, any attempt to remove his actual touch upon the sphere would bombard the room and the speedster with particles intended to retard any particle that sped up faster than normal speed. Speedsters were always a tricky bunch to battle. So arrogant which blinded many. Was this one any different? His eyes would stare at a handgun propped between the two. I believe your presence threatens the entire timeline, Mr West and I can only think of one result that would rectify that situation.

Avatar image for ozzy_manueldiaz
Ozzy_ManuelDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@alexander_west: when you are ready

Oz would rest at the edge of the city limits, sitting upon the car that brought him there as he stared at the constructs of the city in the distance. He had never actual been to the city but the rumor had spread much like the person which brought him there. He placed his cell on speaker, not even knowing if it would work and would dial the last contact number he knew of. Alex. Its Ozzy. I...Oz would look for the correct words to say since so much had happened since the Academy, ...I am in town staring at your Welcome to Key City sign, exit A. Hope to see you soon.

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_grimm:

Greetings. I guess this meeting between us was inevitable, Mr West, or whatever you are calling yourself now.

Alex glanced over at the serious and yet smiling Time Cop, the redheads' face cast as dead-pan as he could manage, yet he failed. There at the corner of his lips was a crease of amusement. Then he laughed slightly.

"Ahaha, I'm sorry, I shouldn't be laughing. Well, I guess it was inevitable, and please, Alex is fine." The redheads posture would be loose and relaxed and the smirk resting on his face never left, even as he listened to Grimm talk.

I am Agent Grimm of the Time Investigation Agency, an organization established after your timeline to guard against threats that would threaten the entire timeline from a place called the Vanishing Point. Much like you, I am not from this time period.

Alex's face wouldn't shift from his notable smirk as he nodded his head "Yeah man, I know what the Time Agency is, I was a recruit, denied it, even used one of their timeships for one of my missions." Crossing his arms he would nod at Adam's declaration "Yeah, you reak of foreign temporal energy." His eyes would slide up and down Adam's form taking in the man's whole demeanor, an aura of calm washed over the teenage superhero, and his smirk would grow into a full grin at Grimms next declaration and Alex's focus to a grenade that was gripped in his palm.

They call it a bradyon sphere from where I am from. Its pretty much a weaponized version of what you would call the Still Force.

"Mmhmm. I created it. The Still Force, not the Braydon spheres, pretty ingenious technology." Going silent Alex would let Grimm finish his monologue before speaking again. Before any of this Alex would have probably gone on the offensive, instantly bludgeoning Grimm with his powers, or even using one of the other Forces to obliterate him into non-existence, but Alex now was cool-headed, incredibly calm, and reserved, he had little doubt in his mind that he could take out Grimm, but combat was Alex's last resort, he had faith that he could end this peacefully without any conflict.

Adam on the other hand...

Did not feel the same.

"Whoa whoa Agent Grimm, wow, your name says a lot...anyways, I'm a lot more intuned with the timeline than anyone ever stops to think about, and at this point and time (heh) I'm more intuned with this timeline than I was in my original one, every splinter point in my history leads to here. This is where the hero named Velocity was born, something that is crucial for future points, I was meant to come here, and removing me from this period would create a bigger paradox than the one that I created and fixed when I came here."

Tilting his head he would gauge and see if Adam was even listening "Even the timeline itself wants me here, you're aware with how I was recently wiped from history correct? Well the Timestream and the Speed Force sent me here, instead of my original point of time. I'm solidified here Mr. Grimm, I'm meant to be here, and I'm not leaving. This city and this planet need me."

The body language in the boy began to change, his originally calm demeanor gave way to someone who was combat ready. His muscles tightened and his perception began to slow as his body began to speed up. "I don't want to fight you Mr. Grimm, I respect the work you and the Agency do, but I'm not the danger here."

Agent_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_west:

As much as he begrudged to admit it, the speedster did logically make sense. He stared at him harshly much like a Drill Sargent would stare down a recruit. not wanting to admit his words rung true in his gut, and his gut was what had gotten him through a lot of harsh events.

For argument's sake West, lets say I believe you. You are intertwined with a lot of people across the timeline. Adam face would reveal an epiphany - something even more devious than his original thought regarding the speedster. If its not you, then something is coming for you, Adam would utter softly.

He looked at Alex, his eye even giving an annoyed twitch and the notion he had realized. I think we are meant to work together. The words bothered him as he had often ran solo on missions but this event was bigger than he. It was bigger than the Agency and thus needed a collaboration of information. The Agency detected a sever anomaly. A severe destruction of a timeline. I witnessed it myself. I have two questions: 1) Have you noticed anything odd. Something that didn't belong. 2) I think I know of somehow we can expand our coverage. As much as I hate to admit it, I probably will need your help.

Adam gestured with his free hand for Alex to be alarmed as he arose, his giant frame engulfing the speedsters. Adam inverted his hand, his thumb still holding the bradyon sphere in his hand, its blue hue pulsating, its particles ready to be unleashed, but instead Adam's other hand engulfed the sphere, deactivating the only equalizer the Agency had possessed against a speedster. You can speak your mind now, kid. A humored smiled would stretch across his face. Unless you really want to go a few round with the old man

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex would keep his sight locked on Adams eyes, not showing any signs of intimidation. Best not to show weakness to people like Grimm; so he stood still as a statue, his muscles taut like string and his mind as clear as water.

For argument's sake West, lets say I believe you. You are intertwined with a lot of people across the timeline. Adam face would reveal an epiphany - something even more devious than his original thought regarding the speedster. If its not you, then something is coming for you,

Alex's eyebrow would raise slightly; throughout the criminal underworld Velocity/Flashpoint was an insanely hated individual throughout all of time. The fact that something would be hunting him wasn't surprising to him, but it all lay in the face of who it might be...not the Time Master, he was dead; unless he somehow managed to come back which wouldn't shock Alex by any means, he had done it before. He doubted it was any of his rogues, they didn't have the power to mess with time...

Drawing his attention back to Adam he caught the twitch in his eye and the Speedsters' other eyebrow would raise up Wow he really hates socializing with people.

Alex was silent and observant as Adam kept talking, not interrupting even as the Time Agent expressed his extreme disdain for having to work on Alex. Even going on to ask the Speedster questions, but Alex didn't talk until Adam had disarmed the Braydon sphere.

You can speak your mind now, kid.

No Caption Provided

"First of all, no I haven't seen anything weird. But I've felt it. It's like the whole timestream is crying out in pain. I've only been back a little while and changes have been crazy. Localised points in this time are gone, at first I thought I did it to myself when the Speed Force wiped me from 2020 but now it doesn't make sense because it brought me back..."

"My girlfriend doesn't remember me, my parents are gone, things that shouldn't have been affected are completely changed...And I can't fix them. So yeah, I think we're gonna have to work together."

Extending his hand out to Adam Alex would give him a grin "Partners then?"

Agent_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_west:

Agreed! Adam would accept Alex's gesture with a return shake. The sudden unexpected alliance revealing a mutual exchange of information, though vague, it would prep for what was to come.

Adam's cybernetic arm would cross his flesh-born arm as he begun to process everything quietly. He had become less of a talker with age, the years growing on his once quirky personality into what he had become currently and now just ranted openly. You seem to be harmonizing with the timeline. It would make sense since timelines splinter off into the multiverse and thus any destruction of one would resonate with others- the more timelines are destroyed the stronger the resonating force. Localized points would obviously be gone as there are fewer temporal tethers to keep such objects remaining in the present. Its how one would eliminate a timeline - through sheer tedious calculations and why your girlfriend has forgotten you and somethings are missing. Well played whatever you are. Well played indeed.

Adam would look at his immense arsenal that he had intended to fend off the speedster and now calculated another plan with the information he had retained. The Agency also recruited a younger version of me. A wise-mouthed kid version. He thinks he knows everything and thinks he is unbeatable. His galactic record the cause of that. He is in California. He will help in coverage.

On this day and year, my most popular self is currently held up in SWORD custody. I have to break him out. He is my temporal anchor. If I never came to Earth I never meet everyone and thus I never join the Agency and thus we never meet here and now. It is a vital point in my temporal existence. Its the most vital point for any attempt of temporal erasure. They can start chipping away at me and then this timeline Adam will start to forget to remember things much like your girlfriend. We cannot make that happen.

No Caption Provided

Every version off me has something called a Marauder Box. It operates as a mini- computer. As a speedster you should be able to resonate your atoms at certain frequencies. If not, then you have to learn. Cycle any frequency by intervals of seven and any of our Marauder Boxes will pick up on the frequency change and we will come running like a four alarm fire.

Adam would smile, lifting up one of his favorite weapons showing the joy to Alex as he faced him. I have to bust me out from SWORD custody. Something is coming and Im going to be ready when it does. I can probably do this with me and Adam-1, but you are more than welcome to come. Have you ever contemplated breaking into a federal facility for the fate of the universe?

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renegade84: I'm excited!

Key Central High School-The Football Field

Alex finally stopped running. After 17 days he finally stopped running, a mixture of exhaustion, boredom and the Speed Force showing him what he was doing was stupid Alex finally went home to think about the future, and what he was gonna do. And well...it led him here.

High School.
High School.

Again.

He had been through the Academy, he had gone to this school once with no memory, and now he was back again. He had been the enemy, the outcast, and now he was one of the popular kids. A member of the football team and the Student Council. But he wasn' the best, he was simply there for now, but he was someone other than a hero, he was a teenager. A kid.

And he had to admit that he was loving it.

The Key Central Blue Jays practiced outside running their regular drills with ferocity and in the fresh air Alex's lungs expand as if on automatic refill, with the rising of his chest comes a sense of calm as he sprints through the field while making a play. As he breathes someone else comes into his view, a girl as beautiful as the sun itself and hair as dark as night, with lips as red as a rose...and a football sailing directly towards her head.

Damn.

Pumping up his gears Alex sailed towards Linda with the grace and speed of a star athlete, weaving through his teammates powered by a single goal to make a good impression. Inches before it would hit Linda (If she were there) Alex would come flying in, catching the ball and smashing into the ground rolling away.

Rising to his feet and gripping the ball Alex would rise to his feet and walk towards his Exgirlfriend that was never really his girlfriend in the first place now? One of the most popular girls in school who didn't even know he existed?

Complicated.

You alright?
You alright?

Reminding himself that this Linda was a completely different person than the one Alex knew he would treat it as such.

Giving her a small smile and hand on his hip he'd say, scarlet hair touseled: "You alright? I mean, I bet you had it handled but you can never be to sure right?"

Agent_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Agent_Grimm

@alexander_west:

I hear Key City Central hired a new woodshop teacher. Class is in session. Take your seat Alex, lol
I hear Key City Central hired a new woodshop teacher. Class is in session. Take your seat Alex, lol

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_grimm:

Jokes on you Alex isn't taking Woodshop, he hates Industrial Classes. See you round the school Mr. Grimm.
Jokes on you Alex isn't taking Woodshop, he hates Industrial Classes. See you round the school Mr. Grimm.

Avatar image for deactivated-634b041416ba6
deactivated-634b041416ba6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_west: (Me too. ^_^)

No Caption Provided

Linda isn't paying attention to the boring football drills because she's more interested in doing drills as a cheerleader. Aside from being the school's top reporter, she's also the lead cheerleader as well. She's the purest definition of an overachiever since her family has set the bar pretty high. The expectation to be perfect sometimes weighs a little too heavily on her, but that is matter for another time.

"One more time, ladies. We almost got this." Linda says with a slight pant of breath and holding her pom poms to her chest. They've been doing these drills for roughly half an hour now with her team and friends. She won't settle for anything less but perfection by the time the hour is up. She has a reputation to uphold, a reputation that...

Suddenly, Linda's mind is snapped away in an instant from what she is doing when she suddenly hears the sound of skin hitting leather, then something white tumbling on the ground like a broken doll on the ground next to her. Her friends twitch, becoming startled at the unexpected occurrence which prompts Linda to divert her gaze and investigate what just happened.

The first thing she sees is that red haired jock who calls himself Alex. That IS his name, right? Linda knows it's Alex, it has to be. As a reporter she has to be able to remember certain details and she remembers she's written about him more than once. Other than that, she hasn't really talked to him outside of reporter business and asking him questions to help out with the articles she's written.

Truth be told, Linda didn't have the situation handled at all but to look good in front of her friends she completely lies about it as she smirks, dropping her pom poms before placing a hand on her hip, "Of course I had it handled, I was about to catch it, but your the football player so I figured I'd let you do it." She says even as her free hand comes up to twirl some of that gorgeous black hair around one finger as she speaks. Some of Linda's friends silently fawn over Alex, smiling and giggling as they begin whispering in each other's ear as they as they say sweet little things about him. Things that, if Alex heard, might just make him blush.

"But to answer your question, yes, I'm fine." Linda adds, figuring that he should know she's fine even if she did lie initially. She realizes she has lied, but she figures she might as well add in some truth in there to perhaps give this young...very handsome...young man some relief that she's okay. There is no recognition in Linda's eyes for she does not recognize him, confirming she has no memory of him or the previous timeline where they did know each other.

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Alexander_West

His eyes glow slightly as he watches her remember him, that slight lift of her eyebrows as the recognition crosses her features.

He smiles a crooked little grin that stretches gently across one side of his face as he wipes some of the dirt off of his hair. Yes, I was the boy who threw three touchdown passes last game. I'm the boy you interviewed about the schools' knack for getting caught in mysterious behavior. And yup I'm your boyfriend from a time you can't remember...at all.

Her chocolate brown eyes were something he was easily getting lost in until her voice snapped him back to reality, sweet like honey but sassy and assertive.

Glad to see some things never change...

"Of course I had it handled, I was about to catch it, but your the football player so I figured I'd let you do it."

Her pom-poms fall to the ground and a single hand sails to her hip as she begins to twist her hair with one finger.

No Caption Provided

Alex's heart beats faster in his chest almost as if a freight train was smashing into him. But he would still muster that smile and nod to Linda in mock agreement. "Oh, yeah of course. The fact that I thought any different is mind-boggling, putting his helmet down he'd fix his gloves, needing to fidget with something, How about I let you catch the next one?"

Linda's friends didn't even manage to seep into Alex's view as he was so focused on Linda, but he could feel all of their gazes upon him, and even some of his own teammates' catcalling him from across the field. And after Linda's assurance that she was alright the redhead teen would nod in agreement.

"Well, I'm glad." Drifting on his heel to turn and walk away, a split-second decision shot across his brain like a bolt of lightning and he would turn back around to face Linda.

"Actually there's something I've been wanting to ask you, is there any more room on the Torch? I've been looking for another extracurricular, and it would look really good on my resume, or if I could tag along with you on a story or something? It'd really help me out."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_west:

Will Linda ever remember the previous timeline? Barring some miracle, likely never. But there is something very special about falling head over heels for a hot girl for the second time. A clean slate means Alex gets to start all over again and stop some mistakes from happening again but also running the risk of creating new ones.

Linda well knows the power she holds over a lot of the boys in her school. Anytime she wants to, she can just about have anyone wrapped around her little finger and with a dogged willingness to do nearly anything she asks. Just act a little sexy, say the right words and BAM, a cute boy might as well be hypnotized by her feminine charms and drop dead gorgeous looks. Oh there is so many things she can do to Alex right now, if she put a little effort into it. Football jock. Handsome. Plus, Linda is like totally guilty for sneaking a peek at him when Alex's shirt was no where to be seen and when he wasn't looking. That's her little secret, of course, can't tell anyone but her closest friends that kind of juicy gossip.

"Oh, yeah of course. The fact that I thought any different is mind-boggling. How about I let you catch the next one?"

No Caption Provided

The magic of humor can reach surprising depths to someone's soul. With the right words and facial expression, even the most hardened man can laugh at a good joke or quip. So as Alex says those words, they drop from his lips like sweet honey and Linda can't stop the giggle that bubbles to the surface. Her shoulders move up in response to the feelings that now tickle her insides like feathers. That dazzling smile flashes to reveal a perfect set of white teeth that almost seem to shine like marble. "A cheerleader making a touchdown, now that would be news worthy." Linda says in reply and always on the look out for a good story.

Boys will be boys as Linda hears the cat calling from Alex's guy friends. But she ignores them, focusing instead on what Alex asks of her next after almost walking away. A reporter's instincts take over as curiosity piques her interest. And in this case, the old cliche about curiosity killing the cat definitely does not apply.

He's just wanting to get close to me. He's not really that interested in being a reporter. He'll use it as way to get up the nerve to ask me out and then he's gone. Linda thinks. It wouldn't be the first time a boy, even a cute one, asked her to a part of the Torch just be close to her. Very few make past a week before they leave. Why should she expect any different from this one? But maybe he will be different. There is something different about him that Linda can't quite put her finger on. Something as if it's just on the edge of hearing or sight. One knows it's there, but can't see or hear it. She dismisses it as her imagination, going into interview mode right there on the spot.

Linda's friends even make it known to her to let him have a shot but she is ultimately the one to make the choice as she sizes him up. After about several seconds, which may or may not seem like an eternity to someone who constantly lives life in the fast lane, she finally answers, "Well...I've had people..." She's careful not to say 'boys like him', "...join the Torch only to quit on me." She chooses not to tell Alex the rest of that particular story as she continues, placing two fingers under her chin as if she's thinking, "So, I think I'll give you a little test run. You pass, your in. That sound fair?" She turns her head slightly to the side, but never once breaking eye contact as she smiles again, though not as wide as she did earlier.

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

There was something about the way he smiled; the way butterflies seemed to escape from the pit of his stomach and the way the sun had somehow toppled down from the sky and made a home right there in his heart. Linda already had Alex wrapped around her finger, for him there was so much at stake. A whole lifetime of possibilities around them.

"A cheerleader making a touchdown, now that would be news worthy."

"I'll uh, make sure to keep a pen and paper ready for when you do."'

His helmet shifted in between his hands as he waited for her response, he really wanted to get this time to know this version of Linda better, and he was actually genuinely interested in joining the Torch, he felt it would help with his future career choice, give him a lot of experience, especially in a town as crazy as Key City, there was always something interesting going on here.

Well...I've had people......join the Torch only to quit on me." "So, I think I'll give you a little test run. You pass, your in. That sound fair?"

A mischievous grin would plaster against the scarlet haired boy's face as he nodded his head. "I'm uh, pretty good at running. You're on...just let me get changed?"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_west:

The icebreaker has successfully been broken between them and Linda is slowly liking Alex. He's turning out to be a cool guy, full of quips and clever one liners. But that mischievous grin gives her a hint on what is to come, it makes her wonder if he's planning something other than the obvious. But Linda is a truth seeker and part of that package comes with the idea of always giving someone the benefit of the doubt so she'll give that to him.

Linda nods, tucking a long piece of that raven dark hair behind her right ear as those chocolate eyes drink in that handsome face, "I need to finish my cheerleader drills and do the same." She says, making it known she needs time too so it conveniently works out for them both. Time, it seems, is being kind to Alex for once. Whereas recently, time seemed to have been against him.

So Linda decides to make a suggestion, "Let's meet up in say...40 minutes by the bleachers? That sound good?" Linda asks, hoping Alex will agree with it but chances are astronomically high that he will.

All of a sudden, some of Alex's buddies during his practice drills are holding a large jugg of water. It takes four of them to carry the thing and they are coming up from behind Linda, who is completely unaware of it, with the intention of drenching her in the water. There is even mischievous smiles all over there impish faces. Does Alex let it happen or does he stop them?

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renegade84: I took a little bit of control over Linda, let me know if it's a problem

"I need to finish my cheerleader drills and do the same."

"Alright cool!" Going to take his practice jersey off and remove his pads Alex sees several of his friends and teammates carrying a gigantic jug of water over to the both of them.

Oh. Shit.

Eyebrows creasing Alex would look over Linda's shoulder and give a very subtle nod of his head, but his homies were devious bastards, so they returned his headshake with a head nod and continued lifting the jug higher. Linda's fellow cheerleaders quickly took notice and went to grab Linda's attention but before they could get a word out the jug would come down, and water would splash...

All over Alex.

Because as the water jug had tilted over Alex had reached over and gently gripped Linda's wrist pulling her towards him and using the momentum to swap places with her. Choking slightly at the sudden inhale of water Alex would jump as it drenched him from head to toe, even causing him to tumble slightly as the pressure hit his body like a rock. Laughter filled the football field and the superhero gave his friends a mock scathing look as he brushed his soaking wet hair out of his eyes.

His scarlet locks had darkened to a deep shade of burgundy and his emerald green eyes would flash with good humor, "You guys are assholes I hope you know."

Smiling gently at Linda he'd motion to his soaked exterior, "Hey, at least now I don't need a shower." Everyone laughed and Alex would give Linda a joking wink as he picked up his helmet, turned on his heel and headed back towards the school to change.

40 Minutes Later

No Caption Provided

After getting changed Alex had swapped his football gear for some jeans, a shirt, and his classic letterman, so classic, that it indeed did last through the timeline change, it was one of Alex's most prized possessions, one of the only things that lasted since the beginning of everything.

Walking up towards Linda Alex would give her a wave and he'd drift up to her left hair still damp.

"So I made it, what kind of test run do you have in mind? If you don't mind me asking."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_west:

Just like that, Linda is pulled forward and replaced by her hero as the water that was meant for her pours like a waterfall on top of Alex. Some of the splash gets on her legs and feet, but not much thankfully, as she does a little backwards hop to avoid the majority of it.

With a gasp of surprise from most of the girls there, including Linda, she puts her hands over her mouth with the fingers pointed towards the heavens above. Eyes wide as dinner plates, those chocolate round swirls for eyes swivel towards the hormone driven teens who meant to get her with it. What makes her blood boil is the fact that they laugh. They all laugh. As if they did some macho man crap that makes them feel special. The vein in Linda's neck pops as she holds in a breath, stopping herself before she screams. She knows she can't do that, to use her power against some helpless boys. It would be like using a bazooka against an ant. So she takes a deep breath, calming down and letting her arms relax by her sides as she closes her eyes before slowly letting out the air in her lungs through pursed lips.

Alex summarized everything perfectly with what he said. And this event has officially solidified him as cool in Linda's book. He saved her twice and she's tempted to give him a peck on the cheek for his troubles. But then that would cause another scene that she'd rather avoid so off to finish her cheerleader drills and get showered it is.

Around 40 minutes later, Linda is waiting when he walks to her and asks that question. Linda is dressed in a blue jean jacket, white t-shirt and blue jeans. "The best way to know what your capable of is field work. Then your going to write up a story. I'll do some editing, of course, and we'll see if you pass if I think it's good."

Linda starts walking and hoping he follows suit. It looks like she's heading for her car, "We're going to the old abandoned nuclear power plant. You know, that one that had an accident some decades ago? I got a lead on an old story that happened there. We're going to see if it leads anywhere."

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renegade84:

"The best way to know what your capable of is field work. Then your going to write up a story. I'll do some editing, of course, and we'll see if you pass if I think it's good."

As the pair head for Linda's car Alex's eyes would peep at her from the side of his gaze. The way the wind brushed her hair and her eyes literally glinted in the sun...Boy. He remembered their walks like this from before, the way her hand fit in his, the softness of her skin was draining. He had to mentally kick himself to make sure he responded to what she said.

"O-Oh yeah right! That sounds awesome."

Continuing to walk with her to her car Alex would stop at the passenger side as she continued speaking

, "We're going to the old abandoned nuclear power plant. You know, that one that had an accident some decades ago? I got a lead on an old story that happened there. We're going to see if it leads anywhere."

His eyebrows raised up slightly, what story could be involved at this Nuclear plant that's been vacant for decades.

Waiting for her to unlock the car he would place his hands in his pockets and wait for her to unlock it, and when it was done he would slide into the passenger seat and watch as they were off.

Looking at the world while driving was so much different than when he was running as Velocity, so much more slow but peaceful, the hum of the car engine made him feel relaxed. "So Linda, what's your story? Why write for the paper, cheer and do all the other things you do? An inquiring mind wants to know?” His eyes would show the curiosity to figure out the differences between his Linda and this Linda.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Linda has her black domino mask somewhere on her most of the time. She never knows when she'll need to put it on, change her facial features and have a hair color change. To become the heroine known as Decibelle the Scream Queen. In all honesty, she's barely made her debut as a crime fighter, only having been operating for a year. She knows something else about that power plant, something she didn't mention, and she's coming prepared. Why bring Alex then? Because she has a feeling about him she cannot shake. A voice inside of her is saying to bring him along, he'll be useful. But why?

Linda notices the seemingly absent minded ginger give her a sidelong glance that tells her everything she needs to know about boys. He's checking me out, thinking I'm not noticing. Are the immediate thoughts that penetrate like a knife within the confines of the Screamer's mind. She's thinking the wrong thing, of course, but she's a High School student. Can one really blame her? As beautiful as she is, she gets plenty of attention. Popularity has many benefits but it has it's shortcomings too. Such as, almost every guy wants a piece of her in some form or another.

Alex's answer makes it seem like he's barely paying attention. That's strike one in Linda's book but he still has a long way to go before he fails this test. Despite this, Linda hopes he will pass and even has a good feeling about it. Call it...feminine intuition. The bane of most males because when women want to, they can see right through men to the point they blush from embarrassment. Sometimes they make things so obvious.

Linda unlocks the car and gets in, buckles up and begins to drive. Her eyes take on a faraway look as she answers his question, “Busy handsand idle minds have knitted many a sweater; Busy minds and idle hands have knitted many a brow.” She says, quoting someone unknown to her. But the words themselves speak of a truth. She likes being busy because she's always found doing something either to write, cheer or help others in some way. But there is something far more to the story, something that ways heavily on Linda's mind...

Two Years Ago...

Linda rushed to the hospital after both her Dad and her heard about the bank robbery on the news. Earlier, she was on the phone with her Mom asking her a favor since she was going to Key Central Bank anyway. Linda couldn't make it because she was busy even though she was supposed to be working on an English paper for her school and she decided to write about banks. Originally, she wanted to go to the bank itself to ask questions but decided to just cheat and find her information online instead while her mother went in her place for additional information. Now Linda was beginning to regret her choice because it's something that would haunt her for the rest of her life.

At the hospital, Linda rushed to her mother's side as she grasped the unconscious older woman's hand in her own. The daughter begs the mother to wake up, but she doesn't and the father watched on as pain overshadowed his face like a dark cloud. It was hard seeing the love of his life laying there on the bed.

"Mom...please wake up...please...wake up..." Linda begged, feelings of failure and of regret having been overwhelming her this whole time. And the Doctor who comes in later only made things worse by what he had told them. The good news was that Linda's mom would live, but the bad news is that she would never walk again as the bullet had done too much damage to her spinal cord.

At the news, Linda cupped her hand to her mouth as streams of tears flowed like a river down her delicate and soft cheeks. It was Linda was supposed to be there at the bank instead of her mother. It's my fault...it's my fault...it's my fault...

Like an endless nag, the thought came again and again as Linda cried her heart out. Linda was supposed to be there, the bullets were meant for her and now her mother had payed a heavy price for her daughter's laziness...

The Present...

As Linda retells the story to Alex, a single tear slides down her cheek but she wipes it away as she sniffs, finishing up the haunting tale of her own personal failure, "I don't know why I'm telling you this, I barely know you..." She says as her voice cracks, but apparently, she feels a bit better having told a practical stranger about this heavy burden that has weighed her down for the past two years.

In the original timeline, Linda had been there at the bank but now in this one she wasn't. Didn't Alex save her originally? Perhaps or perhaps not. What matters now is that Linda obviously blames herself for what happened and the young teen takes a deep breath before she continues, "Ever since my Mom's accident, I became a reporter for the Torch. To seek out the truth and expose it. My first piece helped expose the bank robber and helped the police catch him. I have an all but guaranteed job as a reporter as soon I graduate from High School and at a city of my choosing because of that."

Never again will Linda be lazy. That goes unsaid, but she doesn't have to say it. She's busy because she doesn't want anyone else to suffer because of her. She even became a super-hero in order to do more for others.

Black_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_west:

No Caption Provided

It was weird returning to the United States, almost immediately she entered a nearby Starbucks to use the internet, she wanted to see if her adoptive parents had filed a missing person report--they did. But she was also surprised to see that someone had murdered them.

The conflict spread through her heart, she hated them; but they also took care of her long enough for her to find her real mother. Finding her real father was next on the list as far as parental tasks went but that wasn't the reason she sought out for Key City.

Here she would find an old classmate, or she hoped. Maybe a version of him. Alex West was a headcase, from what she remembered of him, but now she was hoping he could help her. Recently, one of her family members were killed, she had a brief idea of how to bring Chance back, but she'd need his help to do it.

Manifesting on top of a skyscraper cigarette in hand, The Dark Princess blackened the sun, leaving a single spot to shine which would light the way to her current position. The Academy was about to have it's first-class reunion.

Avatar image for ozzy_manueldiaz
Ozzy_ManuelDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@black_fairy: I don't know whether to be happy or worried at your last sentence, lol

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Alexander_West

Busy handsand idle minds have knitted many a sweater; Busy minds and idle hands have knitted many a brow.”

Her tone was distant, her eyes a faraway tunnel that showed that maybe Alex's question maybe wasn't the best thing to ask, but not skipping a beat he would reply "Agatha Swanhurne." He takes a swipe of his red hair out of his face as they pushed forward. His ears clung to every word of her story, he listened with patience and interest because it sounded familiar, the scenario, the attack...

Oh my God.

Oh... my funking God.

He knew why the story sounded so familiar. Why her words hit in his head with such intensity. His green eyes cast downward in silent shame as he remembered.

Linda was supposed to be at that bank...

And I was supposed to rescue her.

No Caption Provided

Linda had it all mixed up, it wasn't her fault it was his. She worked and worked and sometimes overworked to fulfill a duty for an accident that in reality wasn't in her control if Alex had been more careful, used his powers better, this wouldn't have happened, and now Linda and her mother payed the price for it.

It was the worst punishment he could imagine...

As she finished her story the only thing that Alex could say was a simple "I'm sorry." Two words were all that he had to convey the emotion that he was feeling. He was always plagued with the weight of his mistakes and now this was just another added to his list, there was no greater pain to him, and it showed.

Turning his head so Linda couldn't see his face he would look out the window at the passing landscape that was Key City, it was beautiful, and it was his home. It was his job to protect it.

"Ever since my Mom's accident, I became a reporter for the Torch. To seek out the truth and expose it. My first piece helped expose the bank robber and helped the police catch him. I have an all but guaranteed job as a reporter as soon I graduate from High School and at a city of my choosing because of that."

"And you'll do a great job at it." He'd say sincerely "You just gotta keep at it."

Turning his head back he'd give her a small smile

"And FYI, this inquiring mind is impressed with your motivation."

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Alexander_West

Alex West AKA Flashpoint was on his daily patrol, and today it was less than a patrol and more like a civic duty day. The West teen shot between the confines of his city doing menial chores ranging from mowing lawns to rebuilding establishments that were damaged through some act of villainy. Despite wherever Alex would go, and no matter how much others may dislike him he always had Key City, he loved it here, it was where he grew up, and if Alex had any say in it, this city would be where he died.

There is a certain sense of warmth, a fullness of soul and breath that is thankfulness that just makes this place worth fighting for...he couldn't leave.

And he didn't want too.

Flashpoint was busy helping Bertha Herkins repaint her garage when he would look up and see darkness blotting out the sun, At first, the darkness of the deceived him, he thought his eyes were confused and dazzled by him overworking or something. For a second or two he could make out nothing at all but a singular beam of light, but it wasn't until Bertha said something that Alex realized he wasn't hallucinating.

Darkness...

Oh no.

In a blur of light, he would finish painting Bertha's fence and then blast off towards the lone beam of light that was acting as a beacon of some sorts.

No Caption Provided

Speed bent around the Fastest Man Alive as he pushed forward, his feet clawed at the ground, knees bending with power that could cause him to sail forever, his heart pulsed with the excitement of the run, crisp air bit into his lungs and despite however this might end he couldn't help but smile. He could outrace tachyons, push faster than light, but it seemed he couldn't outrun his past...

Because as he raced up the skyscraper he found himself face to face with...

Chaos...

Skidding to a halt a gust of wind and a flash of luminous interdimensional energy would signify his arrival. He'd take one look at Mari and his guard would instantly be up, this woman was responsible for one of the most mentally deteriorating experiences in his life, his accident as a child taught him pain, Chaos had taught Alex fear.

But something was different, she didn't look hostile, this was a girl simply smoking a cigarette; so Alex's guard dropped, maybe it shouldn't have but it did...and he would remove his cowl as he walked closer and eventually his entire suit would vanish leaving him in civilian clothing to help assure her that he wasn't gonna try anything threatening. He and Mari had never been close and he'd only seen her twice, plus he had always gotten the suspicion that she like everyone else hadn't liked him much. But that was in the past. Taking a stop a few feet away from her he'd eye her up and down making for sure she wasn't a threat and then he'd offer her a friendly smile as the wind brushed his scarlet hair to the sky.

Wassup Mari
Wassup Mari
Black_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_west:

No Caption Provided

Alex blew in on a zephyr bringing with him the nauseating smell of paint and fresh grass, the Dark Princess immediately blew a cloud of smoke into the local setting to act as an odorizer before smoothing chapstick across her face.

There confidence about him, one he lacked in their school days, probably the most impressive thing about him was he could stop without dowsing everyone in a cloud of dust and debris.

Mari look toward the sky, and with a quick snap of her fingers, the darkness that overtook the sun cease, a testament to her growing powers and abilities. "Hello, Alex. Long time no see" She called out before finishing her cigarette, flicking the butt into a portal of darkness.

"I just want to say, I apologize for the last time we spoke. I wasn't in my right mind. I-do you have time to talk?" The details for what she needed him for were complicated, but she was sure that only the two of them could accomplish it.

"Is there like a diner or a restaurant you like that we can go to?"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_west:

The word echoes in recesses of Linda's mind. Agatha Swanhurne. Right, that's who said it. But no time to thank him because she's too emotionally involved with what happened in her past. A timeline changed and a key moment altered. But that is only the tip of the iceberg as Alex will find out soon enough.

Linda is so busy driving that she doesn't see the dark cloud appearing over Alex's head, neither is she a telepath to read those thoughts. Synapses that fire faster than even lightning, going through well worn pathways as thoughts form and make the connection to memories of a timeline that is no more. The sadness that creeps in like an eerie fog goes unnoticed.

But those words that roll off his tongue in a bitter mixture of remorse and guilt, that makes her ever so briefly glance his way. It is now she notices the look on his face and it so full of emotion. Sadness, regret and a look as if he was a puppy just after being kicked to the curb by it's cruel master. But these were just scratching the surface of what she sees in that brief glance. Alex is genuine, feeling empathetic towards her story and with her. A connection on an emotional level is vitally important to a healthy relationship and the speedster is off to a great start. Too bad that said connection had to be made with an air such loss and pain.

The ever so brief glance on his face is gone when Alex looks away, perhaps in an attempt to stop her from seeing what is there. But as soon as the moment passes, he pays her a compliment. She responds in kind, "Thank you! And I'm impressed you listened. I know us girls tend to ramble on, so thanks for giving me your ear." Linda says, wiping a tear from her eye because of the emotion that was involved in her retelling of her story.

It feels good to talk about it with someone other than her Dad. Linda's extended family does not live in Key City nor does she have any siblings. No one to talk to...until now. The car comes to stop as they arrive. Linda turns the car engine off before unbuckling leaning over, opening the glove compartment. Her long black hair might tickle the skin of Alex's arm, teasing him with mild pleasure? If he has a good sense of smell, then he might catch a whiff of Linda's scent. It's like smelling a bed of roses mixed with honey.

Linda grabs a note pad and a pen from the glove compartment before handing them both to him, "While we're in there, make notes. Basically anything that comes to mind. We'll sort them out later and craft a story out of it."

Then Linda stops, thinking about something. Obviously mulling something over in that gorgeous little head. So then she looks at him as she gives him a look that says she's completely serious, "I'm sure you've heard the stories, but I have to tell you anyway just in case you haven't. This place has the reputation of being haunted. That's why it was abandoned. Strange ghostly apparitions have been spotted. Eerie sounds are heard at night and more than one disappearance has occurred here. Normally, I wouldn't be interested in the paranormal. But something weird recently happened to me. Remember that tip I told you about?" She asks, tucking some hair behind one ear, "It was a a phone call. The eerie part is, the voice on the other end sounded exactly like me. Went I redialed the number thanks to my nifty caller ID, the phone number had been disconnected. After some digging, I found out that call had originated from here. But here's where it gets even more eerie. All the phone numbers here haven't been active in years and the number didn't come from a cell phone and no name was attached to it. It's probably some weirdo playing a prank on me, but I want to find out."

It's hard to tell if Linda is spooked. Even in the original reality, she didn't scare easy. But maybe something got to her on some level, otherwise why come here?

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello, Alex. Long time no see"

No Caption Provided

With a snap of her fingers, the darkness would dissipate and the Platinum Railroad of Science would shine and glow with the undying luminescence of the sun, and its citizens would scratch their heads wondering why it had turned night time in the middle of the afternoon.

Flashing a bright white smile he'd nod his head "Yeah, last time I saw you, you couldn't do that. Cool trick."

The Fastest Man Alive looked at The Queen of Darkness with interest wondering deeply why he out of all people was who she was in front of right now. Something told him there was an important reason why she was here.

I just want to say, I apologize for the last time we spoke. I wasn't in my right mind. I-do you have time to talk?"

After everything that he had been through since the school had closed down, and with everything that had happened he had no room to judge anyone.So at her question, he would nod his head, "Yeah, I haven't got anything going on right now."

"Is there like a diner or a restaurant you like that we can go to?"

"Oh man. I have the perfect place."

Papas Diner, Key City, 12 Minutes Later

Alex would explain the diner to her and leave the Skyscraper through the roof door and whether Mari chose to walk with him to the diner or teleport there herself Alex would walk the short distance.

Reaching the diner either by himself or with Mari at his side he would walk through the doors and be transported back into the 50's locale. The smell of burgers and fries snaked their way into his nostrils and the murmur of people would make his eyes twinkle, he would smile as he sat down in a swivel chair at the main counter and spun in a little circle before coming face to face with the shops' owner 'Papa', a kind African America in his mid-fourties who had crinkle lines around his mouth from smiling and a white apron on his growing waist and he would give him and Mari (if she was here) a large smile.

"Well if it ain't the famous black hole of food Alex West himself, and wow, you brought along a beautiful friend. What can I get you two?"

Giving Papa the kindest of looks Alex would look at Mari and then back to him, "Papa this is my friend Mari, Mari, this is the owner of this shop Papa, makes some of the best burgers around."

"And he eats them faster than I can make them, your usual Alex?"

With a nod of his head Alex would confirm this and Papa would click his tongue and write Alex's order, "Alrighty, A triple Cheeseburger with no tomatoes no onions, extra cheese, and lettuce, four large fries, and a Lemon Meringue." Turning to Mari he would look at her with a raised eyebrow "And for you miss?"

After Mari placed or order Alex would pull out his wallet "What do I owe ya?"

"It's on the house for bringing such a beautiful lady in here, your food'll be out in a sec buddy. Nice to meet you Mari."He would trot back into the kitchen to help the chefs finish their food.

No Caption Provided

After a short while their food would be brought out and Alex would dig in, trying his best to eat carefully since Mari was here. Now that they were settled in he would turn to her after sipping his Meringue, "So Mari, what's up? And what brings you to Key City? Or me I guess."

Black_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_west:

Mari stood with her hands folded, shaking her head in disbelief.; he hadn't changed much, but the changes he did make were noticeable. Visualizing the details of the diner in her mind, the Dark Princess forged a portal on the ground in front of her before departing the skyscraper.

Her green eyes surveyed in the diner, the 50's feel immediately snagged her attention; it was quaint; And smelled of grease and burgers.

Alex frequented this place that was evident in his rapport with the clerk, and he was personable, which Mari appreciated. Daytonville was massive, filled with thousands of people, but given the convergence of many different religions and cultures, people tended to be on the rude side of things.

"I guess the fastest man alive needs to eat so much to keep his calorie intake up. I'll have a basket of fries and a coke, please." Not too long after they'd ordered, the chef delivered the food. Lightly salting her fries, the Dark Princess sat up in her seat before revealing why she sought him out.

"Just recently, someone in my family died. She was pretty important to us. I happen to know that you can run pretty fast, I'm wondering if you can run fast enough to manipulate your way through the time stream?

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Alexander_West

@black_fairy:

"I guess the fastest man alive needs to eat so much to keep his calorie intake up. I'll have a basket of fries and a coke, please."

Flinching a little at Maris' straight declaration of Alex's identity, his cheeks would glow red as he tried to not look at Papa as his eyebrow raised slightly, but the aging man didn't think much about it and went to take their order, returning shortly and handing Mari her meal.

Not much for small talk, Alex sat and ate his food while waiting for Mari to answer his question, he had a few theories about why she would come to him, all of them firing through his brain with speeds that outpaced supercomputers, but when she casually, and he noticed, very casually, approached the topic of interest his eyes would instantly turn downcast.

"Just recently, someone in my family died. She was pretty important to us. I happen to know that you can run pretty fast, I'm wondering if you can run fast enough to manipulate your way through the time stream?"

"No." He said instantly not even thinking about what he was talking about, this question caught him so off guard that he sounded hostile the moment the N noise left his mouth, time travel with Alex was a very touchy subject and something that made his brain ache and his tongue go numb. He took a few seconds to recompose himself and he spoke again because he had a growing feeling he knew what she was going to ask. "I'm sorry, yes, I can manipulate the Time Stream, but manipulate is a touchy word, traverse is more like it, and even that's a stretch."

Looking her in the eyes she could tell he was being deadly serious,

"I have an idea about what you're going to ask and I'm going to give you a slight disclaimer. Time Traveling, in general, is dangerous, brushing past a leaf in one era could cause immeasurable damage to the present, saving lives is way worse than that, it's unpredictable, we could save her life and she could die a worse death a second later, or the whole world could be burning cause of God knows whatever reason. I went to save my siblings, and literally got booted out of existence for months not even knowing who I was. There are a few ways to do it safely but it's really complicated and I'll be honest, I've never managed to do it successfully before."

Taking a sip of his drink he would glance at Mari inspecting her, this family member must have been pretty important if she was willing to come to Alex and suggest one of the most dangerous methods of travel around, and his gaze would soften some. "We also don't know if she is even going to stay dead, if she's special like you she might find her own way back, or get resurrected by other means, we don't know what's gonna happen."

Tapping his fingers twice on the counter he mouth would push to the side slightly as he thought deeply, he had no intention of leaving Mari hanging dry when she was obviously going through a tough time, that just wasn't the person that Alex was.

No Caption Provided

"That being saaaaid I do owe you for being a weirdo at the Academy. Why don't we brainstorm other ways to bring your family member back, and while we do that we can construct a safe way to travel through time in case we have to use that as a backup."

Popping a fry in his mouth he'd smile "I'm also gonna need more information to work off of."

Black_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_west:

No Caption Provided

"I have an idea about what you're going to ask and I'm going to give you a slight disclaimer. Time Traveling, in general, is dangerous, brushing past a leaf in one era could cause immeasurable damage to the present, saving lives is way worse than that, it's unpredictable, we could save her life and she could die a worse death a second later, or the whole world could be burning cause of God knows whatever reason. I went to save my siblings, and literally got booted out of existence for months not even knowing who I was. There are a few ways to do it safely but it's really complicated and I'll be honest, I've never managed to do it successfully before."

Mari leaned back a bit with a slight smirk with the back of her hand resting on her chin. She knew traveling through time would be a touchy subject for him, so she understood his reservations about it. But she wasn't entirely ignorant to time travel either. Her mother told a story about how her aunt Tassiania came back from the future, an act that would ultimately alter the course of her timeline.

She could see his mind going into overdrive to honor her wish, the fact that she hadn't even made a request yet turned her slight smirk into a full-blown smile. He was very much still impulsive, it appeared that trait wasn't going anywhere anytime soon, but he gained an understanding that was missing from their Academy days. He could read a room and interpret feelings.

Mari sighed before tossing a fry in her mouth her verdant eyes never moving from him as she shook her head playfully.

"Of course you'll need more information, but like always you didn't allow me to finish. I never mentioned anything about saving anyone. This family member has died there no bringing her back, not in that way at least. This will be strictly an observation of time, I need to go back to the exact moment she was killed and find out where exactly her soul went. She didn't depart into the afterlife bound for her. If I can find out from the past, I know where to look here."

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Alexander_West

"Thank you! And I'm impressed you listened. I know us girls tend to ramble on, so thanks for giving me your ear."

Alex's hand would wave in the air nonchalantly, "It's not a problem, really. Anything for a f-friend." Saying that word caused his heart to explode in anguish, but maybe friend-zoning Linda, for now, would work better in him eventually getting her back, thinking of her as a friend could help him get past everything else. Looking out the window he noticed that they were slowing down and he breathed a sigh of relief, sitting in this car with Linda was making him think a little too much, he desperately needed to get out and breathe fresh air so he could get out of his own head. His ex would lean over and climb across his lap to get to her glove compartment, and as her hair brushed the exposed skin of his arm, the speedster would instantly rethink his past decision, but he held strong and said nothing, acting completely casual...despite the sweet smell of her hair.

"While we're in there, make notes. Basically anything that comes to mind. We'll sort them out later and craft a story out of it."

Grabbing the items he would nod and place them gently into his jacket, "Sure thing Chief!"

But the tone of everything suddenly changed when Linda dropped a sudden revelation on Alex.

"I'm sure you've heard the stories, but I have to tell you anyway just in case you haven't. This place has the reputation of being haunted. That's why it was abandoned. Strange ghostly apparitions have been spotted. Eerie sounds are heard at night and more than one disappearance has occurred here. Normally, I wouldn't be interested in the paranormal. But something weird recently happened to me. Remember that tip I told you about?"

He'd nod along with her not wanting to interrupt

"It was a a phone call. The eerie part is, the voice on the other end sounded exactly like me. Went I redialed the number thanks to my nifty caller ID, the phone number had been disconnected. After some digging, I found out that call had originated from here. But here's where it gets even more eerie. All the phone numbers here haven't been active in years and the number didn't come from a cell phone and no name was attached to it. It's probably some weirdo playing a prank on me, but I want to find out."

"Well...that's weird." Alex's thoughts instantly turned to hero mode, and detective mode, wondering how someone could pull something in a place abandoned for so long. Even in Alex's original time the Nuclear plant was something people steered clear of, shady stuff happened to that place, and continued to happen for a very very long time after.

Pushing the car door open and stepping out he would shut the door and look at Linda, "What do you say we go check out the mystery Chief?"

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Alexander_West
No Caption Provided

Mari's change from smirk to an almost playfully mocking smile all gave Alex the cues he needed to know that once again, he moved to conclusions much to fast. His cheeks filled with burning crimson as he began blushing, he'd shake his head as he attempted to keep from laughing and a embarrassed smile would blossom. "You...you weren't gonna ask me to save her were you?" The chuckle he had been trying to hold in escaped and he'd shake his head.

"Sorry to tell you my mouth still runs faster than my brain can think sometimes."

"Of course you'll need more information, but like always you didn't allow me to finish. I never mentioned anything about saving anyone. This family member has died there no bringing her back, not in that way at least. This will be strictly an observation of time, I need to go back to the exact moment she was killed and find out where exactly her soul went. She didn't depart into the afterlife bound for her. If I can find out from the past, I know where to look here."

Alex's gaze never wavered from hers as she talked, she had his full attention this time as he took in every word, occasionally he would take a sip from his drink or bite a fry, but what Mari was proposing wasn't difficult, in reality it was pretty feasible actually and Alex found himself nodding along.

"Alright, yeah I get it, and I'm in. Put we still gotta plan this out pretty heftily, any mistakes and we're funked." Alex would finish up his food and stand up stretching his legs. He would wait for Mari to finish as well before he would pull a $20 from his wallet and place it next to their fry buckets making sure to see that Papa wasn't looking around at them.

With that he would gesture to Mari to follow him out of the the shop where he'd pause for a moment, "Next is my house, do you wanna call a cab? Or ride piggyback, I don't exactly have an address or else I'd just have you teleport us."

If Mari chose the cab Alex would either pull out his phone and call the taxi service, where they would wait and Alex would do small-talk, though nothing huge, and they would eventually make their way to his house.

If she chose piggyback Alexander would nod and looking around to make sure no one was watching he'd help Mari adjust herself on his back, "Ok, hold on. Like, really tight..." And with a crackle of lighting and the quick slicing of the airwaves around them the two would be off, it only took a few seconds for the two to reach the outskirts of the city, and then for them to reach the West Farm.

No Caption Provided

Alex's property stretched on for several miles, occupying a large amount of land that Alex took care of himself, and while he didn't look it, Alex was definitely a farmboy. The animals were usually the only company that he kept around here. The air was much fresher out here than in the city and as the sun began setting the stars began glimmering.

Alex would walk up to the house and slip the key out of his pocket and into his hand unlocking his home, "Come on in." He'd say to the Princess of Darkness, the first thing she would notice was that inside the house was incredibly nice, but extremely plain. There were no valuable possessions, no pictures on the walls of family or otherwise save for a few of Connor, Alex, and Will, all because Alex couldn't bring back anything with him that would contaminate the timeline. Though the walls were bare a crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling twinkling nicely.

The next thing she would probably notice would be the lack of people, Alex lived up here by himself.

"Uh, this is my house." He'd say sheepishly, "You can grab a drink or something from the fridge before we get to work if you want."

"When you're done looking around let's go to the Speed Lab." He'd wait till she was done then gesture with his head for her to follow him downstairs to the basement which he used as his main lab area, the air was cool, and lab equipment was scattered everywhere, but the most noticeable attraction was the large Treadmill that dominated the room.

Walking up to his marker board he'd grab a marker and uncapping it with his teeth he'd look at her and nod his head. "Alright, give me everything I need to know."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_west:

From girlfriend to friend, from love of his life to just someone he knows. That has to be rough but Linda has no idea about that. If she did, she'd call him crazy. But Alex has an advantage weather he sees it or not. He gets to fall for her all over again and then see her fall for him for the second time. Not just anyone gets to have that experience twice with the same person.

One side of Linda's red lips turns up into a half cocky grin, that being a characteristic even the other Linda did as well whenever the word mystery was said. She's now in reporter mode, "Let's." She says in agreement as she proceeds to check her flashlight before going inside. But it's obvious, she's already a bit on edge.

Key City's Abandoned Nuclear Power Plant

Linda expertly gets past the chain link fence via a hole under it someone had dug earlier. How is it she always seems to know to get in to places? Does she deliberately plan this stuff? Once the dynamic duo approach the doors, Linda gives Alex a sharp look as she raises her index finger at him, "And don't you dare say ladies first. Your the buff dude, you go first." Well, that settles it. That is one tone of voice that Linda uses when it's not wise to argue with her.

Should Alex agree and go first, he'll find a window has been busted out and likely due to some vandals. The door itself is locked and is unable to open again despite numerous past attempts to do so. If Alex gets inside, Linda asks for a helping hand as she comes inside too. After brushing herself off, she turns on her flashlight since the place is poorly lit.

Now Linda takes the lead as she steps through the corridor. The air has a certain gloom to it. The floor is a mess of broken wood, shattered tiling and furniture that has seen much better days. The walls are cracked with the paint peeling away. The occasional hole can be seen as well. The eerie silence that fills the place is almost deafening.

No Caption Provided

Almost as soon as they enter, both might feel as if someone hidden is watching from the shadows. But try as Linda might, she cannot spot whoever it is that could be lurking in the shadows. But the feeling refuses to go away. The hair rises on the back of Linda's neck as she gets goosebumps on her skin. A mild chill suddenly hits the air and she shivers. She realizes that is not a good sign because according to paranormal, that usually indicates a ghostly presence of some kind is approaching.

Linda takes a slow, steady and deep breath. She's a super-hero. Okay, more like a Vigilante. Nerves of steel. This isn't the worst thing she's faced. So Linda peeks around the first corner into a dark room. Turned over beds that lay half ruined fill the place. A single desk sits in the corner. Shining her flashlight, Linda scans the room slowly, but it's what is happening to Alex that is the more interesting part.

While Linda is distracted with the room, Alex may or may not feel some kind of presence. Perhaps it's his powers and attunement with the Speed Force. It may even feel as if someone is standing right behind him, but if he turns around to look there is no one there. But the feeling may not go away. Then the faintest whisper to his left ear is heard. The voice is feminine, almost sounding like it has a slight echo, "Alex...help me..." And the voice...even though a whisper, sounds so much like Linda's own. But it sounds tired, worn out and with a hint of desperation. This is officially getting weird. How did this...presence, whatever it is, know his name?!

After that, the voice speaks no more even if Alex responds to it and the presence that may have been felt gone too. The real Linda couldn't possibly have said this to Alex, she's right in front of him and she now turns around and faces him. She immediately notices that something must have happened as that inquisitive nature takes over, "Alex...what's wrong?"

Avatar image for deactivated-642cae21c72ce
deactivated-642cae21c72ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_west: As soon as I get my post count up, I'll switch Linda over to this one. ~_^

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Willow_DiRossi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renegade84: I got held up someone and couldn’t post as much. Am I still waiting for Linda did get done from the nuke plant or can Grimm drop in too with Alex?

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willow_dirossi: NP. And since you wanted a one-on-one with me, feel free to meet Linda on her way home from school. ^_^

Black_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_west:

No Caption Provided

"This is going to be so humilati-" Mari didn't get to finish her sentence before Alex took off in a flash of dust and wind. She could've called a Taxi, but she wanted to save herself of the superficial conversations until they reached his home--but she was mad she just did her hair.

As they came to a halt in front of a plantation size farm she couldn't help but take in the enormous estate littered with different types of farm animals.

He didn't really strike her as a farm-grown guy, but other than the small-time the two spent at the Academy she didn't know much about him.

"Uh, this is my house." "You can grab a drink or something from the fridge before we get to work if you want."

"No thanks," She called out taken in by how neat the house was. She assumed most speedsters to be slobs, only because they could clean on the dime but that clearly wasn't the case with Alex. Though it was apparent that he didn't regard too many things as sentimental. Not too many pictures no semblance of a family, which was a stark opposite from her penthouse in Daytonville.

She and her mother took many selfies, along with So-So and decorated their living room, but it was just him here. "Of course you have a 'speed' lab" She jested descending the stairs in tow to a chilled basement with a massive treadmill at the forefront.

"Ok I need you to take us back in time to these coordinates," Mari said handing him a map of an island in the middle of the pacific ocean. "There was a huge battle in my family, but that's where she was killed. We zoom in, I use this" A book appeared in her hand dropped from the darkness. "It's the sacred tome of the fairies. Before you ask. Yes, I'm a fairy." She explained with a smirk.

"Not all fairies have wings and throw pixie dust. I mean I have pixie dust, but that's not the point. I use a spell to stop time. I find out where her soul is, we leave. I come back to the current time to retrieve it. That's it"

No Caption Provided

Mari's hands clasp her hair for a moment before she placed them behind her back, she was conflicted but didn't understand why.

Shaking off the odd feeling she moved to reassure Alex. "We go back, look around and then come back that's it. I won't bring anything or anyone back. As thanks for helping me, I will grant you one Fairy Promise"

The Fairy Promise was one of Mari's binding covenants, the Supreme Law of the Fairies, she had to do anything to see the promises fulfilled provided it meant she didn't have to kill anyone.

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"And don't you dare say ladies first. Your the buff dude, you go first."

"Damn, alright Chief." A laugh would pierce his lips as he slid under the fence after Linda, the wind started picking up as the sun started to drift away in the distance. The Speedster found himself in front of a plated door that refused to budge, and Aled didn't feel like exposing his identity to Linda at this exact moment, so instead he'd wrap his hand inside his letterman jacket and finish bashing the rest of the glass out of the pane to decrease their chances of getting cut.

His feet clammered against the wall as he hoisted himself up and through the window falling down to the ground landing lightly on his feet and after doing a quick scope of the area he would shout back to Linda. "It's Cool come on down." He'd hold his hand out for her and help her down so she doesn't get hurt.

The chill of the plant caught Alex off guard as the cold seemed to pierce straight through his jacket, he noticed that stepping into the old Nuclear Plant was like stepping into a whole other world. It was like venturing onto a set of old train tracks and following them as far as they'd take you, ignoring the grass peeking up between the slats and the bits where the metal was rusted and broken. The building seemed to shudder in the wind and Alex looked around at the deserted chaos that had taken place.

He pulled up his sleeves exposing his forearms to the stale air. The building was empty, but for a few obsolete pieces of rusted equipment, pieces that seemed perfectly at home within the building's walls. Just as it had been outside, the inside looked like something out of a dystopian movie, the corrugated walls as rusted and useless as the equipment they housed. Beams stretched high overhead, and rain dripped down through cracks in the ceiling.

To Alex something was off about this place, his nerves were sent on edge and even the clicking of Linda's flashlight caused him to jump a bit, it felt like eyes were peering into the back of his head, as if they were piercing his very being, turning to look at Linda she appeared to be feeling the same thing, her once colorful face pale with emotion, he didn't even wanna imagine the look of fear in his own eyes, not because he was spooked, but because there was a chance that this actually was something supernatural happening, and he would have to defend Linda without using his powers, or worse expose his identity to her.

As time pressed on so did the duo, they worked their way through the plant and Alex took many notes, mostly noting on the almost ghastly demeanor the abandoned business seemed to have, but as they entered a room, maybe a barrack of some sort everything went off the rails.

The stillness of the air seemed to suck even the sound of the two's footfalls into the nothingness of the room, it crept and crawled at him like a nightmare. And that's when he heard her voice.

And Alex once again felt what it was like to be insane.

"Alex...help me..."

Alex's brain stutters for a moment and his eyes take in more light than he expected, every part of him goes on pause while his thoughts catch up, his face was white as chalk. His eyes and his mouth were frozen wide open in an expression of stunned surprise, and although he was staring straight at where he had heard the voice he saw no one...But he knew what he heard. It was Linda, his Linda, the girl he had loved, he thought she was gone, but she was out there in pain.

No Caption Provided

The thought crossed his mind that it could be a trap by one of his enemies, but it drifted away almost immediately as the tears began falling from his eyes. They came slowly until they cascaded into silent sobs, his back was turned to Linda, but she could obviously see his body shaking with emotion.

"Alex...what's wrong?"

He had no good answer, no lie that he could come up with. So instead he just lied in a different way, "I don't know. Place must just be really freaky." He'd wipe the tears from his eyes and push out of the room they were in needing to get out of that space. He spent half a minute pacing the hallway until his eyes locked onto something they hadn't seen before...

A door stood ajar...almost as if calling to the two to investigate.

"Linda!" He would shout over his shoulder, his emotional outburst gone but not forgotten...not by Alex.

"Was that door open when we got here?"

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_fairy: So sorry for my reply being so late. I'm a butt.

"Ok I need you to take us back in time to these coordinates, There was a huge battle in my family, but that's where she was killed. We zoom in, I use this. It's the sacred tome of the fairies. Before you ask. Yes, I'm a fairy."

No Caption Provided

"Oh. You're a fairy?..." Several seconds would pass and Alex would shrug his shoulders dismissively "That's not the weirdest thing I've heard today, you should meet Gretchen...her stories are wild."The Fastest Man Alive would grab the map and inspect it deeply before heading over to his laptop and typing in the coordinates.

Looking around the basement he would proceed to lock everything down, throwing placing various items where they were supposed to go, his OCD kicking in required him to neatly set them in their exact spot before moving on.

"We go back, look around and then come back that's it. I won't bring anything or anyone back. As thanks for helping me, I will grant you one Fairy Promise"

"Uh huh. Sweet...now how is this gonna work?..."Alex would shuffle around the treadmill muttering to himself until figured it out causing him to promptly speed walk over to Mari while fiddling with his fingers.

"Put this on, and don't lose it. That's my father's." He would take the gold ring engraved with lightning off his finger and place it onto Mari's ring finger, before pulling away a small flicker of blue lightning would pass between the boy, the ring, and the girl causing a powerful unseeable aura to envelope around her.

"I won't be able to hold on to you the whole time, but I put some of my Speed Force aura into that ring so as long as you're wearing it you won't y'know be...vaporized by heat, or destroyed by electric gels as we break the Space-Time continuum."

Stepping up to the treadmill Alex's suit would blossom over his form until he was once again clad as the burgundy speed demon.

But he was missing something...

Something important...

"Holy shit. You need something to hold on too. Don't want to have you falling or something. Here." Placing his hands together a brilliant bolt of electricity would generate between his fingers, molding and fashioning itself into a whip at his slightest touch.

"Hold on to this and wrap it around your wrist, it won't let you fall."

Attaching the other end to the treadmill Alex would nod at Mari, "In and out."

Then he began to run, and Time began to dissolve into itself, as shapeless as the rain.

Lightning pulsated around the two as the natural laws of physics were broken, time beginning to unwind itself as Alex pushed harder and harder, fighting the Speed Force trying to draw him back in, refusing to be taken.

Then they were gone.
Then they were gone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_west: OOC: Sooo sorry for taking so long.

No Caption Provided

By now, Linda's flashlight is visibly shaking. Normally, she'd tease him about crying but now is not the right time for that. It'd be nothing short of awkward. So when he asks if that door was open when they got there, she looks at it and could swear she just saw someone staring from behind the crack before vanishing from view.

Still staring, Linda shakes her head as if in a daze. "No. And someone else is here, I just saw him...or her." She says, taking a short pause to take a deep breath in an attempt to steady her nerves.

Just as Linda makes a single step towards the door, a green glowing skeleton of a woman bursts out of it with bony hands outstretched towards the dynamic duo as if to attempt to capture their very souls.

Linda drops her flashlight, startled, as she screams. She doesn't intend to, but she accidentally activates her power. Every light fixture shatters, along with every un-shattered window. The skeletal figure takes the brunt of the force, however, half of it's body disintegrates into nothing. The other half does a surprising thing.

No Caption Provided

The skeletal features begin to transform, becoming more fleshly until it becomes someone even Alex will recognize and even Linda, for the face is none other than...her own. Except it's green and has some kind of symbol over the right eye. She winks at the other Linda, "Good to know I still look that good in this new universe."

Linda's mind is a whirl of question. New universe? What is she talking about?

The green glowing construct looks right at Alex, reforming the rest of her body and she looks like she's in pain. She's fading in and out, trying to keep cohesion, holding her head as if it's hard to concentrate, "About time...you got here..." The Green Linda smiles weakly, "Need your help...Basement. Trap. Can't keep this up...much longer."

The figure fades away, leaving the corridor of this place back into it's familiar darkness. Linda stares ahead, scarcely believing what she just saw. Then she turns to Alex, "Are we in some kind of time loop or something because that..." She points, "Was me."

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex was grateful for Linda not saying anything about his short breakdown, instead nodding his head along with her as she shines her flashlight on the door, taking note of how before it was not open. The fear traveled in Alex's veins but never made it to his facial muscles or skin. His complexion remained pale and matt, his eyes as steady as if he were shopping for shoes. A short sigh exited his lips as he took a step forward putting his back to the exit showing he wasn't afraid of going forward.

No Caption Provided

He managed two whole steps.

Several green sparks swirled in the air like a silent firework going down a plug hole. But instead of vanishing when they reached the center of the vortex, they clumped together until they had formed a skeletal hand. A glowing green being shot out of the door formerly closed and Linda screamed as the sound of her flashlight bashed against the floor.

Alex on the other hand was completely paralyzed with fear, he remembered his previous life as a member of the League of Darkness, he knew the power of spirits and ghosts...and he did not want to be confronted with one. But another thing that took the Fastest Man Alive away was Linda's scream; it tore the lights apart and destroyed the windows forcing Alex to cover his ears in pain.

The Emerald Ghost felt the attack as well and reeled back taking the full force of the blow, but it soon returned but not as a skeleton monster...

But as Linda herself...his Linda apparently. He stared at her glowing green body, and her beautiful face illuminated by the green, a glowing tattoo on her face. Realization dawned on him as he remembered a time months ago with a man in a scarlet suit and a woman in a lantern uniform with a tattoo over her eye who took down a bunch of Rogues.

The ghost spoke to Linda, leaving Alex a few moments to breathe but Alex got his turn next, her brilliant eyes turned to him and issued a warning.

About time...you got here...Need your help...Basement. Trap. Can't keep this up...much longer."

Alex's face went downcast as he looked at his girlfriend shimmer away, turning to Linda as she talked to him. He would reach for her hand attempting to calm her down. 'Linda I will explain everything, I swear. But we need to get to the basement...now.

Are you with me?"

With her response he would then pick up her flashlight and head for the basement.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_west:

Shaking like a leaf, Linda looks up at Alex's handsome face with trepidation running through her body like water. A million questions are on her mind, but Alex's words manage to break through to her and achieve their desired effect. She nods and follows him, not knowing what to expect or if they will even make it out alive.

What Linda finds is completely unexpected. It's the other Linda, but rather than glowing green she looks like she's ALIVE! She's beaten and battered, though. Almost as if she's been repeatedly tortured. Her arms and legs have been strapped down in metallic manacles. Her ring glowing faintly with power, but at a low ebb. Just enough to scare away people with constructs of alleged ghosts but not enough to free herself.

The other Linda slowly looks up, blood seeping from the one corner of her mouth. She tries to speak but it's hard to make her mouth work. Cracked lips are dry, she even looks half starved and barely clinging to life. Some kind of strange device is attached to her arm with lights flashing on it. "Alex..."

The Linda native to this universe holds her hand over her mouth. Feelings of being in an episode of the Outer Limits come to forefront of her mind. This all just too surreal and weird. But before anyone can hopefully make a move to the fallen Green Sentinel, a pure beam of freezing cold streaks towards Alex's back in an attempt to freeze him where he stands...or at least slow him down. Linda turns and sees a man dressed in light blue and white outfit with a cold gun in his hand, "Good of you to make it, hero. How do you like my prize I took right out of time itself before her universe collapsed?"

Linda jumps when the attack is made. And if Alex is hit, she asks if he's okay as she touches his cheek with her hand out of concern. But before she do or say anything more, she's frozen on the spot, leaving only her head free but her mouth covered in ice so she can't use her voice. She can still, thankfully, breathe through her nostrils. She struggles, but can't free herself from the ice cube she is in. AND MAN IS IT COLD!