Key City (CVnU Location)

• 137 results
#101 Posted by Diego_Reyes (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@valentina_abreu:

Diego's eyes would brighten and he'd nod "Yeah, the Coffee in this city can be a bit iffy. But I'm sure a city like this will have some good places, I mean this is Key City! Home of Velocity!" He'd say this with mock enthusiasm. He'd have caught the librarians dirty look towards Valentina earlier and he'd return it with a smirk. Then when she came over to the pair Diego would have trouble holding back the chuckle that was about to burst through his lips.

"Excuse me miss, you're bothering the other readers."

Diego would sweep around and find the library devoid of all life except for the three of them, and that's when he laughed...a large chuckle that had him bent over. "..Oh Dio that's hilarious." Diego would walk over to the counter with her to check out his own book. He'd tellt he Scarab to not spoil it for him and it would click in his mind then chuckle.

"Oh, I'll go check out this book." Sorry for the bother She then turned to the boy. "Y'know, there's a park nearby. If you don't have anything else to do, you could come."

No Caption Provided

Checking out his own book he'd nod to her "Why not? One rule though...I get the swing on the right...Ok? He'd chuckle and open the door for her when she walked out. As they strode through the City Diego would keep in stride with her and the young man would ask "So, you're not a regular in the Platinum city huh? So where do you originate, someplace where beautiful smart women are a regular? Hmm no scratch that, you must be one of a kind"

{Ahaha,Diego you're a hoot hon. Now all that's needed is to offer her your favorite side if the swing.}

"Hush."Realizing that he had said that outloud he'd turn to her and laugh "Not you, just talking to myself, apparently my subconscious doesn't want me to humiliate myself in front of you."

{Ooh. Ok nice save Diego}

Avatar image for valentina_abreu
#102 Edited by Valentina_Abreu (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@diego_reyes:

She had felt the same as him many times due to her own condition, though of course she couldn't know about the scarab.

No Caption Provided

She spoke with a mocking tone. "Settle down, Diego." Realizing that he hadn't introduced himself yet, she quickly whispered to him. "I'm not a stalker, just caught a glimpse of your library card. That's all..." She smiled higher as she saw his grin. "Don't go thinking you're all that, boyo."

They crossed the street to enter the park. "Well, I'm from Santos, Brazil. I suppose it'd be a good place for finding... well, you know." She laughed embarassedly and touched his butt with her book before running for the right swing.

#103 Posted by Diego_Reyes (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@valentina_abreu:

"Settle down, Diego."

His eyebrow would raise slightly as he thought back to see if he had introduced himself. Pretty sure he hadn't he would open his mouth halfway to say something but didn't get the chance before she spoke.

"I'm not a stalker, just caught a glimpse of your library card. That's all..."

Diego would laugh and do a finger gun motion pointing towards her with a smile "Yeah but see, that's exactly what a stalker would say..." Snickering he'd shake his head with her next comment "Think I'm all that? Me? Neeever. But Brazilia?Me gusta" He'd give her a wink and continue walking next to her until they crossed the street. He'd open his mouth to say something when he felt her nudge his butt with her book and break out into a full sprint towards his swing. Bursting out into a laugh he'd break out into a run and shout "Hey! That's my swing!" He could have easily outpaced her and stolen his swing due to his enhancements by the Scarab, but he would allow her to take his swing.

No Caption Provided

Taking the swing next to her Diego would give her the evil eye that would transition into a sly grin, twisting his hips he would bump into her swing rattling them "That was absolutely devious. I like that swing. But I guess you can have it, only because I don't want you stealing my heart, you'd probably play football with it.." He'd have a twinkle in his eye that said had multiple meanings, it was up to her to figure out what they were, the young Costa Rican would swing high into the air feeling the wind brush against his face and he'd shout to her as he gained height "I still don't know your name! I wasn't peeking at your library card!"

Avatar image for valentina_abreu
#104 Edited by Valentina_Abreu (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@diego_reyes:

No Caption Provided

"Hmmm... I don't know about that. I kinda like being this mystery woman." She swung slowly as she looked at her watch. Her smile turned to a frown. "Well, sh*t... I have an appointment I need to go to." She pulled out a pen from her bag and scribbled her number on Diego's arm. "In case you wanna find out, maybe we could meet up sometime soon." She jumped from the swing and quickly turned to blow a kiss before leaving.

#105 Posted by Pretty_Kitty_ (275 posts) - - Show Bio
#106 Posted by Samara_Moreau (176 posts) - - Show Bio
#107 Edited by August_Hearst (372 posts) - - Show Bio

In a storm, it can be tough to recall the light, hard to see the temporary nature of such beasts. When the raging deluge is closer to your skin than the air, when it thunders louder than any bird could ever sing and pushes harder than boat oars in the sea waves - it can only burn itself out. Storms come masquerading as knives and coffin yet are neither, they are more as the tough love teacher who crosses the line. Learn to shelter through the gales, seek refuge in the rage, yet do reflect and embrace the gifts we can discover when it vanishes, that's when we find new chances to flourish, to make something good after its passing. And a storm was brewing....by the gods a storm was brewing...

Key City, Nebraska

Black clouds sprawl across the sky, billowing in from the west. Their brassy glare drains colour from houses and trees and burnished cars in driveways, leaving neighborhoods tinted bronze in the faltering light. The air grows heavy and the humidity presses down, suffocating. The scent of rain is dark and heady. A stillness falls over the street, and in the silence comes a low crackle of thunder, rolling across rooftops to the pattering of tiny raindrops. For a moment, everything stops. Even the wind holds its breath. A streak of hot silver splits the sky, and the boom rolled across the valley, announcing the start of what the brooding cloud layer had promised since dawn. The boughs of the trees swayed in the strengthening gust, surrendering their fall leaves without a fight. Then came the first drops of rain like bullets to our tin roof and we peeked through the closed shutters to the vegetable patch beyond.

Outside is dark, the dense grey cloud blocks out the morning light, casting the city in premature twilight, but inside the homes, it is darker, almost black, on the far hill a jagged bolt of white-hot lightning splits the chilly sky, and then it is gone as quick as it came. The thunder is only a second behind and whilst us kids wear unfettered grins staring upwards and towards the city hoping to catch a glimpse of the Scarlet Speedster Velocity or his father Flash Lightning, their parents are gaunt and pacing, exchanging tense glances suspecting the attack of a supervillain.

But then comes a banging like someone is taking a sledgehammer to the sky and in time with the noise, a few shafts of weary light are making shadows on the walls. Then someone screams into the sky "LOOK! LOOK!" And then in a single haze of electricity that would shake the city form Key City a man would scream down from the sky and contact into the ground emitting a wild BOOOM that would shake the entire city, and other cities across the country could feel his entry. The Prince Of Thunder had come to Earth...The Son Of Thor had entered Midgard.

No Caption Provided

His voice would boom out into the city as if connected to a multitude of megaphones "WHERE AM I?!"

@paragonxxx: @sarah_and_lara:

(I put this in Key City, so that I could do this destructive entrance lol, hope it's acceptable for you)

#108 Posted by Sarah_and_Lara (245 posts) - - Show Bio

@august_hearst: ("Tis good, oh valiant warrior. *Thumbs up*)

No Caption Provided

Sometimes Thunderstorm likes to orbit the Earth since it's so peaceful and quiet up here. No sounds, no worries and no stress. It's pretty relaxing.

It's not something she hears, but sees. She feels it first. Something is in the air and there is just enough of it to feel that familiar tingle of an electrical build up. It also helps to have a hammer that can sense storms. So when Thunderstorm opens her eyes she sees dark ominous clouds roll over a portion of the United States.

That is no ordinary storm. Lara can tell. She spins her hammer and allows it to pull her towards it, flying down through the mighty winds and rain before she emerges from the layer of clouds like a specter of the night. But she is no monster that hides under one's bed.

At first, Thunderstorm thinks the man she sees is Thor himself. He looks like him. He also bears a resemblance to another hero she's met, but no...this one is younger. She lands in front of him with such force, she causes the pavement to crack, debris flying everywhere. Electricity surrounds her hammer as she points it at him. Is it Mjolnir? No, it looks different. Thunderstorm's voice is feminine, but strong and powerful. Commanding. A true warrior stands before him standing at a towering 6'2", at least for a woman. Those muscles, that armor, that blonde hair. Now this is a warrior.

Thunderstorm asks him a simple question, "Your in Key City. Who are you?"

#109 Posted by August_Hearst (372 posts) - - Show Bio

@sarah_and_lara:

The sky was dark and low with ominous black clouds and the wind picked up, howling, crying, warning, baying like a wolf into the night. The lightning rent the air and within seconds the rolling boom of the thunder reverberated overhead. The rain continued to fall, splattering the sidewalks haphazardly. It fell as if from buckets, cascading like a waterfall from the heavens. It pounded on the roof as if it were demanding entrance. But then someone else makes their entrance...debris rises up from the ground and scatters every-which-way. Debris would hit him in the face and the child of Thunder would scowl slightly, not because the debris had hurt him, but because the debris had hit him...he'd have his head bowed, but he would lift it slightly to the woman who had made a dramatic entrance and was crackling lightning, she was wielding a weapon similar to his own, but they were both different, they both resembled his fathers hammer Mjolnir, but they were both different, though Augusts had a greater resemblance due to it being crafted in a way similar to his fathers, August had other features that he felt didn't need to come out at that moment.

No Caption Provided

August would look at her and slipped Dáinsleif's cord onto his wrist as he gripped its handle tightly, the young Asgardian was handsome, incredibly so, his long hair flowed perfectly even through the rain. August radiated power even when his hammer was dormant, this woman was beautiful and was built like a fighter and the Asgardian respected her already. Lightning would crackle through his own hammer and he'd look at the beautiful fighter as he commanded the storm to stop as they stood in the middle of an empty street in the middle of Nebraska. His voice would have a Shakespearian accent, but he would try and shift it to match Midgards english. "Tis I August, Son Of Thor! Who might thou be warrior?!"

#110 Posted by Sarah_and_Lara (245 posts) - - Show Bio

@august_hearst:

No Caption Provided

"The Son of Thor?!" She echoes softly, eyeing him up and down. Although Thunderstorm is an ally of Asgard, she has never meet the sons of Thor, Móði and Magni. She's seen them, but never personally shook their hands or anything. So she knows who the sons of Thor are, but this man is not one of them unless he happens to be one of those sons. But that is not likely since he doesn't look like either one of them. Whoever this man is, he definitely looks Asgardian and wields a hammer very much like hers. The resemblance to Thor is also closer to the King's sons, which only serves to help August's claim.

"The media call me Thunderstorm." Even though the storm has since died down thanks to Auguest's powerful command over the storms, lighting still flashes from the now clear blue sky just after this powerful amazon says that, an indication she also has similar power to his own, "For obvious reasons." She says, implying with that last statement that she's called Thunderstorm because of her ability to command them.

Tilting her head to the side, she looks him up and down, then smiles a bit, shifting her hammer from her right hand to her left as she sticks her right hand out for a handshake, "It's an honor to meet you August, son of Thor."

#111 Posted by August_Hearst (372 posts) - - Show Bio

@sarah_and_lara:

The Prince of lightning would observe her with obvious interest. This place was foreign to him but it also helped him make peace knowing that there was a warrior protecting this realm. His golden hair would be flowing in the wind as the sky grew clear and beautiful, the suns gorgeous beams would illuminate the two fighters and August would sigh deeply. The Bifrost was closed somehow and he couldn't pinpoint his way back home to Asgard...at least that's what he thought.

No Caption Provided

"The media call me Thunderstorm."

Lifting his gaze to her he would give her a slight smile, and his sensitive ears would pick up on the crackle of lightning above them. This woman was much more then she seemed. It was times like these where he wished he was graced with the sight of Heimdall, he wished his problem had a simple answer, but nay such was not meant to be. But the keen warrior had been studying her speech, and the speech of the Humans that resided near them, and he would shift his voice to match theirs. He would still carry his Asgardian accent, and his tone and warriorlike voice, but he no longer sounded as if he had just performed in a Shakesperian play.

"Hello Thunderstorm. The Warriors above have grown custom to calling me Stormbreaker. So please, use whichever you like." He'd scan this Midgard city for the first time and his mouth would set into a hard line. "So this is Midgard." August would let a crackle of lightning escape from his fingertips, and in that moment his amazing weapon Dáinsleif would shrink and turn into a runic bracelet with the Thuriaz rune engraved in it. The Son Of Thor would look at her hand as she extended it to him and he would grasp it firmly, he was surprised to find her hand soft, but strong. "This strange realm interests me. What is it like?"

#112 Posted by Sarah_and_Lara (245 posts) - - Show Bio

@august_hearst:

Thunderstorm had been wondering why he spoke with the thees and thou's but now that he's changed the manner of which he speaks, it's much better. The Asgardian accent stays, however, and Lara likes that. She's always found that accent so pleasant to listen for some reason even if she never picked it up herself despite her appearance. Unlike the man, or would be god, standing before her, Lara was born and raised in the good ol' US of A. She's a proud American. Does August even know what America is? It doesn't seem like it since he refers to Earth as Midgard.

No Caption Provided

Smiling on one side of her face, Thunderstorm answers his question, "That depends on who you ask. Do yo want the good or the bad?" She winks teasingly at him, but then she assumes a more serious expression.

"Earth, or Midgard if you prefer, is warlike. There's always war going on somewhere on the planet, or realm to use terminology that your used to." She says more for his sake than hers since she has no idea if he even knows what a 'planet' is.

"Humanity can be mean and vindictive to each other, but they can also be surprisingly good. There are both sides to it. Look hard enough, anyone can choose to see either a lot of hope for the future or nothing but misery." A pause.

Then Thunderstorm continues, "Midgard offers a lot of different things. But if you really want to know about it, you'll have to experience it for yourself. Key City is a good place to start. Have you ever had ice cream?" Lara is betting Stormbreaker doesn't even know what ice cream is. She can't wait to introduce him to it.

#113 Edited by LamarTheSlayer (5315 posts) - - Show Bio

Key City...The Jewl of the Midwest. It was a beautiful city with amazing people. The sky shined bright like a angel had blessed it with the grace of God. And Key City and her citizens did have a Guardian Angel, because Key City was home to Velocity, The "Fastest" Man Alive. Velocity kept the city safe from any type of threat. Nothing was to big or to small for him to handle. But this was no coincidence; Alex had grown up in Key City in the time 2067 and had loved the city he was raised in. It's the first place he came back to after he erradicated the League Of Darkness. And the first place he went when he came to 2019. It was the place he felt the safest. And that's where the beginning started. But here we are three months later and Alex West was back. And he was still the Streaking Guardian. The Crimson Comet...He was a Scarlet Speedster.

No Caption Provided

"HELLO KEY CITTTTYYY!" A scream that pierced the air shot throughout the sky, and some civilians would turn their heads and a smile would etch on their face as they caught the sight of their Cities fastest hero Velocity streaming down the street. The white and blue lightning of hope would illuminate the walls of local establishments even in broad daylight. Adrenaline coursed through Alex's veins and a thin layer of sweat covered the nape of his neck, Keeping his breathing steady, the speedster pushed harder and went faster the cold air bit into his lungs. But the grin that showed on his face proved that this was just the work of the body, this Speedster could run forever, and today he had somebody to be running too. It had been several weeks since his school closed down, but after a short visit to check on his dad in the future he returned...and he was ecstatic. He wore a ring on his left middle finger that contained the new version of his costume, but he couldn't bring himself to put it on yet, there was this nagging, persistent voice in the back of his head that he had to ignore. He couldn't dwell on this tonight.

The young speedster would rush up the side of a nearby building and skid to a stop pulling out his phone. He would slide through his contacts until his finger brushed across her number, and his mouth would raise slightly, Linda, or as she preferred Jessica, was a girl Alex had met when he first came to Key City, he had saved her after a bank robbery and that was the first he had saw of her. But he really met her for the first time as Alex West a little while ago, and they had begun dating a few days before Alex's school closed down. He had been researching info on the Speed Reaper when he had met her and he instantly liked her...sadly their relationship was short-lived seeing on how Alex had left a few days after that and had been gone for weeks, plus him helping his best friend caused him to be gone longer. But he prayed slightly that she didn't hate him as he began texting her.

{Hey Linda, It's Alex...again. I just wanted to tell you that I'm back in town, I was on a long trip, College stuff. Wanna meet? Catch up?} He'd place his phone back into one of the pouches in his suit and sit on the rooftop in full uniform waiting for her to hopefully answer.

#114 Posted by Red_Jay (2586 posts) - - Show Bio
#115 Posted by LamarTheSlayer (5315 posts) - - Show Bio
#116 Posted by Red_Jay (2586 posts) - - Show Bio

@lamartheslayer: I was thinking of Will drop by and talk to Alex for a bit, check up and stuff like that, LOL

#117 Posted by LamarTheSlayer (5315 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_jay:

Ah damn that sounds awesome, I'm down.

Avatar image for green_sentinelx
#118 Posted by Green_SentinelX (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@lamartheslayer:

No Caption Provided

Having just gotten out of the shower, Linda, as she prefers to be called, hears her cellphone ringing. She walks over to it, towel in hand, before grabbing it and seeing a text from Alex. As she pats her hair down, she reads over it quickly before putting her cellphone back down.

Unbelievable. He disappears for weeks and now he suddenly calls?! Moving her lips to the side as she thinks about that time a few years ago he saved her life. He's sort of been her hero ever since. Linda doesn't really remember any time he's been bad or awful towards her. Well, except for disappearing on her for weeks at a time without a single call!

Closing her eyes momentarily, she sigh's. At the VERY least, she can meet up and he can be given a chance to explain himself. Besides, Linda has to admit it'll nice to see him now that High School is on it's summer break and this year will be Linda's senior year even if she could have gone to MIT. She still wonders why she refused the offer, but subconsciously she already knows why. She decides to text back after an achingly long minute.

{Sure. Let's meet up at our usual place. Give me five}

Putting away the cellphone, Linda goes to their usual spot they hang out. He might be early, he might not. She doesn't know, but she's about a minute early and hopes he's there.

#119 Edited by LamarTheSlayer (5315 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

Alex would be lying back on the roof looking at the sky wondering how Linda would take the fact that he had been gone, he really hoped that she would believe that he had been gone for school. Linda was something that Alex never wished to leave behind, he cared for her deeply, and it even bordered on love for him. She was one of the reasons that he hadn't stayed in the future with his father permanently, he found that he couldn't stay in the future without her. And so he came back...he came back for her and his friends, and he wasn't leaving, not unless she was coming with.

He felt the familiar buzz of his phone in his pouch and he would instantly pull it out and check his messages. With a smile he would read her text multiple times, just imagining hearing her voice once again.

{Sure. Let's meet up at our usual place. Give me five}

The speedster would instantly jump to his feet and spring straight off the top of the building making a beeline straight for his house, he'd blast through his door yelling throughout the house "DAD? I'M BACK HOME!" With a laugh he'd check if his dad was home and if he was he'd laugh and bounce to his room "I don't think Linda hates me! YES!" The speedster would crash through all of his clothes, finally deciding to throw on his letterman and rushing back out the door. "LOVE YOU DAD!" Alex would shoot throughout the city keeping his speed to slightly below mach 2. In a few seconds, he would be outside the restaurant that the two would usually frequent. This was the place they first really met...and they continued to meet each other.

No Caption Provided

Walking out of the shadows he would see her walking in and he would jog up to her, he'd say her name and run up to her shoulder with a small smile. But it would then fall and he'd look at her sheepishly "Hey Linda....How are you?" He'd breathe in deeply and look at her kind of scare "I'm in trouble? Aren't I?"

#120 Posted by Green_SentinelX (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@lamartheslayer:

Linda turns at the sound of an all too familiar voice and finds none other than Alex himself jogging up to her and ask her how she's doing followed by that fearful look along with his second question.

No Caption Provided

For a moment, Linda closes her eyes. Calm, just stay calm. She thinks to herself. She's a thinker not someone who charges into situations with guns blazing. He needs a chance to explain himself.

Linda opens her eyes, looking up at him, "That depends on your answer, Alex." She crosses her arms under her breasts, but keeping calm. It's obvious, however, she is not pleased, "We begin dating and having a wonderful time and then you just vanish on me, no phone calls and no explanation. Now you show up out of the blue as if nothing happened?"

The reporter in Linda has a million questions, but rather then bombard him with them, she wants to give him a chance to explain himself. After saving her life a few years ago, she owes him that much. "So...I'm waiting. Care to explain yourself?"

#121 Posted by LamarTheSlayer (5315 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

Tensing slightly at seeing that all to familiar look on her face Alex's mouth would tighten and his fists would clench and unclench in an uncomfortable fear. He could tell she was either about to slap, punch, or potentially just brutally beat him, and he knew there was no way he was going to beat her in an argument, she was a reporter for Gods sake, and if she attacked him...well there wasn't much he could do about that. He'd relax slightly when she closed her eyes and calmed a bit.

"That depends on your answer, Alex."

He figured that would be her answer somewhat and he was already formulating the fake speech he had planned. His heart thumped at the fact that he had to lie to her...it hurt him so bad.

"We begin dating and having a wonderful time and then you just vanish on me, no phone calls and no explanation. Now you show up out of the blue as if nothing happened?"
No Caption Provided

She crossed her arms under her breasts and Alex winced slightly at her scolding and he would slide his hand across his face. He didn't want to lose her, but he couldn't tell her his identity and secrets, he couldn't endanger her like that, but he also knew he couldn't fully lie to her. So with a deep and slightly depressed sigh he'd begin speaking

"Linda, I'm sorry, I know we were having a good time, I couldn't have had a better time, or had asked for a better woman. But I got some college offers and I wanted to check them out. I didn't tell you because I only planned on being gone a few days, but I got some new information when I was there."

No Caption Provided

His face would deepen with stress but he'd keep talking, this is where it got dicey "I don't know how much you understand or know about my mom and siblings, but while I was gone I got some new information about their case and...I had to follow it, but it was a dead end. I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want you to worry, or try and convince me to stay, because you would have. Linda I came back for you, so that we can enjoy senior year together, and wherever we go from there I want us to be together. No more secrets, no more lies. I swear."

#122 Posted by Green_SentinelX (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@lamartheslayer:

No Caption Provided

As Alex begins to explain a partial truth, Linda listens even as she presses her lips together and tilts her head a little. Her sharp reporters instincts tell her there has got to be more to the story then he's letting on. But she thinks it might be because he's not ready to tell her the rest. Despite saving Linda's life a few years ago some dating a bit, they still don't know all that much about each other.

It's the part where he says he came back for her that catches her attention. Linda had been glancing away as she half listens to his apology. He may be hiding something, what she does not know. But those words: Linda I came back for you. These words are 100% true. She knows it. He may be hiding things from her, as she suspects, but he came back...for her. This makes Linda feel warm and fuzzy inside. He came back for me? She thinks.

Linda bows her head bit, not sure what to say to that. When they were dating, it was great. They really seemed to be hitting things off and he's really easy to talk to. But there is this different side to him, almost like he's carrying the weight of the world on those nice sexy shoulders. Did she really just think that?!

Linda glances back up and reaches over and grabs his hand to try and pull him to a booth so they can sit down. After sitting down, Linda looks him right in the eye, "Alright, Alex. I think it's fair to give this, us, another chance. I mean..." Taking a deep breath, Linda reveals one secret she has, "Your not the only one who got College offers. I got offered a chance to attend MIT, a full scholarship and everything. They loved my latest science fair project I won last year. But I turned them down. I think I did it because..." Linda smiles, knowing Alex might be pleased with this next part, at least she hopes so, "...because I was waiting for you." There, she said it and now that she has it feels so right.

#123 Posted by LamarTheSlayer (5315 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

The speedster's eyes focused on her the whole time he spoke, and he'd breathe a slight breath of disappointment when he saw her internally calling bullsh*t on his bullsh*t story, I mean college offers? I didn't even go to a regular highschool...I'm not even from this TIME. Though it wasn't crazily far fetched seeing as Alex could get into any school he wanted with ease regardless of his time displacement, and he was going to Lindas high school after summer vacation ended. But even as she pressed her lips and moved her head to the side Alex's heart would flutter slowly. He wanted to know more, he needed to know more about her, they hadn't dated long, and he didn't know her all too well, but there was just something about her that made the boy strive to become better, ever since his his childhood he kind of ran through life, not really caring to stop and look back, he's done some bad things in life, some of it was his fault; while some of it wasn't. Alexander spent every waking moment milling over the mistakes he's made, the people that his other half has killed, but Linda made him believe redemption was possible...and with her he'd never stop running to find it.

He stood there waiting for her to say something when she grabbed his hand and dragged him to an empty booth. Her honey voice poured out of her mouth and Alex looked up slightly.

"Alright, Alex. I think it's fair to give this, us, another chance. I mean..."

Alex would sigh deeply with relief, his mind stopped racing a million miles and hour and he'd give her a smile but his eyes would widen when she spoke again.

"Your not the only one who got College offers. I got offered a chance to attend MIT, a full scholarship and everything. They loved my latest science fair project I won last year. But I turned them down. I think I did it because.....because I was waiting for you."

No Caption Provided

Alex wasn't really that surprised, Linda was a genius, insanely so, but that last part caught him like a bullet to the chest and he sucked in deep. "R-Really? You didn't go to MIT...because you waited for me?" It was then that his skin tingled and his heart beat erratically in my chest so hard that he thought it might fly out. There were butterflies - no, lions - in his chest, but it felt good. He finally admitted to himself what he knew all along, but was too afraid to admit it: He was falling for her. Hard.. And he wanted to be with her, but he was afraid about being with her again, about putting her in danger, so he diverted the conversation quickly. "How've you been for the past month? I heard you're a reporter now?

#124 Posted by Green_SentinelX (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@lamartheslayer:

Linda can see he's afraid of losing her, she can read facial expressions pretty well. Plus, it's feminine intuition backed up by a reporter's instincts. The surprise on his face and diverting the conversation is also a big clue to right she is.

"R-Really? You didn't go to MIT...because you waited for me?"

Linda nods at this, answering his question with just a hint of a smile on those perfect lips. She looks him right in the eye, to let him know she's serious. The hint of a smile to clue him in on how much she genuinely likes him. But then he diverts the conversation and her eyes dart towards the window. Now she's wondering if he's afraid of commitment. He said, changing the subject. She thinks to herself.

But Linda decides to answer him, patiently willing to see if he comes back to this. She tucks a strand of long black hair behind one ear as a waitress interrupts them both before she can answer. Linda smiles up at her and says, "Oh, I'll just have a latte, my usual." The waitress, Melinda by name, smiles and writes that down and smiles down at Alex, "And you? What would you like?"

Once the waitress has their orders, she turns around and walks away to do her job. Linda waits until she's out of ear shot before taking the time to answer Alex's questions. "I've been great. And...yeah, I'm a reporter for our school newspaper, the Torch. I got offered the Editor's job but I turned it down because I'm a field reporter. I don't do the whole sitting behind a desk thing." She shrugs helplessly, smiling that oh so gorgeous smile. The kind that melt men's hearts, "And what about you? What have you been to?"

#125 Edited by LamarTheSlayer (5315 posts) - - Show Bio

She's reading him like a book..Funk..She's reading me like a book. And the fact that she's smiling at him, oh so perfectly, doesn't help with his poker face. He swears he felt a slight super twitch in his eye and prayed silently to God asking him for Linda to not have noticed. She's staring deep into his sea-green eyes and giving him a smile that makes his face blush and his mouth curl. But his moment of happiness was cut short when she diverted her gaze and glanced at the window, and Alexander cursed himself silently. I'm hurting her. Either that. Or she thinks I'm some big-time douche bag.

The waitress soon approaches them and takes Linda's order, then Alex would smile gratefully he'd known Melinda for ages, she'd been treating his sweet tooth for months. "My usual too, Lemon Meringue. Thanks Melinda." Alex would watch her walk away then divert his gaze back to Linda gazing at her perfect features.

"I've been great. And...yeah, I'm a reporter for our school newspaper, the Torch. I got offered the Editor's job but I turned it down because I'm a field reporter. I don't do the whole sitting behind a desk thing."

"Oh, wow really?! That's amazing. I could never see you behind a desk. You'd probably just carry it out with you to work on a story." Then she redirected the conversation back to him and Alex's face would go slack for a split second. "Oh me? I've been doing a lot of training.....for uh, Track. And lot's of college visits, along with searching for leads in my families case. You know, boring stuff. I'm just glad I'm back with you."

No Caption Provided

Melinda would bring back their drinks and Alex would take a sip through his straw and reach over to grab her hand. The stress on his facial features would lesson some and he'd give her a genuine smile "Linda, I can't properly describe in words what you mean to me. I haven't had a lot of people there for me in my life and I'm glad that the person who decided to care was you." He'd linger slightly blushing before giving her a smile and taking another sip of his drink

#126 Posted by Green_SentinelX (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@lamartheslayer:

"Oh, wow really?! That's amazing. I could never see you behind a desk. You'd probably just carry it out with you to work on a story."

No Caption Provided

Linda can barely contain her laughter as she bends over and let's out a nice little laugh at the thought of carrying her desk out on the field as she reports for the Torch. It creates a funny picture in her mind that is all too comical.

Others may not get Alex and he has come off as a jerk to many, especially in his days at the Academy. But to Linda, she totally gets him. She can see that passionate and kind man beneath layers of baggage. Sure, he can be a jerk. But Linda sees he is so much more than that. More importantly, he has secrets and things he keeps hiding from her. Like Velocity and his powers, which are great examples. But then she's one to talk since she's Green Sentinel. Speaking of which, she's sure to keep that emerald ring on her finger invisible so that no one can spot it.

"Oh me? I've been doing a lot of training.....for uh, Track. And lot's of college visits, along with searching for leads in my families case. You know, boring stuff. I'm just glad I'm back with you."

Linda does that cute squint as she studies him again. There's got to be more to it than that. She thinks, but she won't push. At least...not yet. They literally just began talking so it won't due to 'interrogate' him with 20 questions. Too much, too fast, can break the camels back.

As Alex says those kind words about her caring for, Linda smiles as she sips her drink and notes how hot it is. A bit too hot, so she puts it down. She attempts to slide her hand to grab his own and give it a squeeze, "Of course I care, Alex. You saved my life a few years ago. Not only are you my hero, but I'll let you in on a little secret I didn't tell you until now. From the moment you asked me out that first time, I made a promise to myself that I'd give you every possible chance to be the man I know you can be." Giving his hand a gentle squeeze, she looks him right in the eyes to let him know she's serious, "Which is kind, compassionate, heroic and thoughtful."

Now, Linda knows he's not always like that but the important thing to her is that he tries. From her perspective, he succeeds more often than not. "I get you, Alex, but you also get me. Not everyone does."

#127 Posted by LamarTheSlayer (5315 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

Alex's face would shift and rise into a smile as he saw Linda laugh at his joke. Alex hasn't ever been the guy that people liked, actually scratch that; the only people who liked Alex were Linda and Connor...and maybe Ezra, save for the simple fact that she simply hadn't known Alex long enough to despise him, the simple fact was that Alex had some heavy problems...and even before he came to the past...to this timeline, he'd had those problems for a long time...and after his therapist...God. The future was a place that wasn't kind to him, it was as simple as that.

But even when Alex came to the past he didn't ask for help; instead of seeking assistance with his problems, he bottled them up inside and let them fester and grow inside of him, along with his Alter doing damage and killing people this just added to Alex's mess. He had funked himself over really hard. But he had always had Linda, and when they began dating it was amazing, his problems seemed to drift to the background. She was so much more than a girl to him, despite dating for only maybe a week or two, he had known her longer than that. She could be Alex's Lightning Rod...and to a speedster that's a big deal, despite their secrets, and despite their lies, Alex knew they were meant to be together. And she only continued to confirm such. He felt her smooth hand grip his and he recoiled a bit by her touch, his skin would feel warm, and even though his powers lied dormant and nowhere near the capacity they used too...Alex's body still shined with the power of the Speed Force.

"Of course I care, Alex. You saved my life a few years ago. Not only are you my hero, but I'll let you in on a little secret I didn't tell you until now. From the moment you asked me out that first time, I made a promise to myself that I'd give you every possible chance to be the man I know you can be."

Alexander was at a loss for words, his face would be hanging downwards blushing slightly and he'd nod his head, trembling slightly.

"Which is kind, compassionate, heroic and thoughtful."

No Caption Provided

In front of him gripping his hand was the only person besides his father and friend who had ever cared for him who was still alive, while he didn't hold it against his uncle; he was a bit upset that Matthew had never attempted to meet or see him, they had only a quick and very brief meeting during that one class. He had really been hoping to connect with him but it was not meant to be Alex guessed. But here was Linda, right next to him, saying these things about him...things that he didn't even believe to be true. And at that moment he wanted nothing more than to tell her he loved her, to just spill his identity right there...all it would take was a simple raise of his hand to show her the ring on his finger...but he didn't. Instead, he began to lean across the booth keeping the two separate, closing his eyes he would attempt to pull her close until their lips would be practically touching. But right as the kiss would be initiated a blast would shake the shop and Alex would curse in his mind. Now? Really?!

No Caption Provided

Looking at Linda he would look at her with his eyes widened, and he would back away from her. He needed an excuse to leave, and he needed one quick...So throwing out some suggestions in his mind he just went with the obvious one. "Linda, I have to get to the Station, they're gonna need me there. Intern stuff, shadowing the big guys and stuff. You get to safety, meet up at my house later? Just text me, bye!" He'd comically rise from his seat and practically trip, fumble and slide out of the shop. He'd run a few moments before he'd thrust out his hand and shooting his suit out of his ring. Ever since Al Sa'iqa began using Alex's Velocity uniform Alex hasn't been comfortable wearing it. It makes him feel vile. So he had made something new...Something to remind him of what he wanted to be...who he wanted to be someday. And so the red and golden metallic plates enveloped his body, and he shot towards the source of the action.

While his suit was similar to his father's it was different in several ways, mostly in the color and boot areas, he didn't want to rip off his fathers uniform, and he made sure that he didn't, but this was his legacy, it was something that would one day be Alex's, and he needed something like that...he needed something that he could hold on to as tight as he could. And his father's dream for him was something that Alex believed in wholeheartedly.

No Caption Provided

And so he ran... he turns, bolting down the street like an Olympic champion at the start gun; quickening his pace to an all out sprint. And in moments the speedster would skid to a stop in front of his enemies...and his brow would raise in confusion..."What in the world..." Because the villains who stood in front of him, were dressed as his own Rogues Gallery, and Alexander was very confused. But something else would catch his attention because he believed he saw the emerald light of a Green Sentinel approaching, and if that were true Alex would look upon his girlfriend who he didn't know was a superhero and he'd wave slightly, gesturing to the villains that were simply staring at the two waiting for a moment to strike. "So, you here to lend a hand? Because I sure as hell could use it."

#128 Edited by Green_SentinelX (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@lamartheslayer:

Linda wonders why Alex recoils a bit from her touch, but thankfully it's not keeping her from gripping his hand in hers completely. He always seems to have warm hands, that's what she loves about them. But any further thought to how nice and warm his hands are vanishes from her mind as she watches him lean forward. The intent is clear and it gets Linda's heart racing with anticipation as she finds herself leaning forward too. Closer and closer they come until their lips are just centimeters from touching. The anticipation is killing her! Just a little more and they'll be--

BOOM!

With a jump, arms twitching from the sudden noise, Linda is startled by the loud blast that shakes the place and rattles the windows. It's not long before Alex is making an excuse and slips out, tripping as he does. It'd be funny if it wasn't for the serious situation this is turning out to be.

No Caption Provided

Linda is thankful Alex made an excuse to leave because it allows Linda to do her thing and investigate that explosion, if indeed it was one. Sounded like one. Whatever it was, she decides she needs to change so she slips into the girls room. Good, no one in here. Her emerald ring becomes visible on her finger. She checks it's power level and it's currently at 93.4%. Linda always makes it point to keep the thing charged up.

Changing into Green Sentinel, her facial features change so she looks like someone else and her skin darkens just a little to make her appear Mexican. The voice comes next so that no one can use their cleverness to match her voice with Linda's. With that done, Green Sentinel flies up towards the ceiling and uses the power of her ring to align her molecules with that of the barrier above her. This enables her to pass right through the ceiling as if it wasn't even there. SHE LOVES BEING ABLE TO DO THAT!

Green Sentinel scans the city with her ring, trying to locate any recent activity that may have been an explosion. The ring detects something and she flies towards it, her body glowing with emerald energy as she does. She approaches the scene of some obvious villains confronting, at first glance, someone who looks an awful lot like Flash Lightning. But as Linda gets closer, she can see the differences in the uniform. No, this isn't Flash Lightning but rather Velocity instead. Hearing him speak confirms her suspicions.

With a smile towards the other hero, having no clue it's Alex, she nods, "Definitely here to help." Then Linda looks at the villains and points her ring at them with her hand being a fist, "One chance scumbags. Surrender."

#129 Posted by LamarTheSlayer (5315 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

The ring leader of the Rogues of the past, rubbed his hands together in that classic way villains do, he wasn't about to pretend to be anything other than what he was. He enjoyed it, to him making more money, taking more power was only a game. He placed his moves and sat back for his opponent to make the move he knew they would. Really, where was the challenge in that? But it was more fun than not playing at all. His moves were all variations on the same thing. Being rich it was simple, first offer your "deputies" money with some power mixed in, that pretty much worked every time. They sold their morals, ignored their moral compasses for such low prices and the price was falling every day. Second keep the "little people" distracted with greed and vanity. And everything would be ok...

The Rogues consisted of Weather Master Mirror, Reflector, Sinister Cold, and Heat Stroke.

No Caption Provided

But the Rogues weren't counting on Velocity being back, but lo and behold there stood Alex West A.K.A Velocity. Though he may need a new codename soon, and beside him stood the Green Sentinel, arm extended, ring glowing dangerously shadowing her beautiful features.

"One chance scumbags. Surrender."

Alex would laugh and nod to her "Yeah, what she said losers!" Alex would laugh and cross his arms while glancing at Linda then he would snicker and bow very gentlemanly to Linda "Please, you're my guest, you get first dibs on your punching bag, just make sure you save at least one or two for me."

He'd gesture for Linda to have at it and the Rogues would still be standing there awestruck as the two heroes bantered. Alex would turn to the villains and clap his hands "Chop chop losers I don't got all day. I'm a busy Speedster, lot's of stuff, a hot date to get back too. So lets goooooo!" The evil men would scurry to run and attack, and Mirror Reflector just flat out ran away."So, after you Ma'am. Have at 'Em sis."

#130 Posted by Green_SentinelX (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@lamartheslayer:

No Caption Provided

Linda smiles at Velocity, "You betcha." She says, then eyeing the rogues. True, the heroes are outnumbered here but between her firepower and Velocity's legendary speed, they've got this.

Hot date, huh? I wonder who has stolen Velocity's heart? Lucky girl, the speedster's hot. Linda is thinking to herself, still not know who he really is. One of the rogues actually runs away and that's the one Linda decides to after after as she flies after him, erecting a wall to try and block his escape.

If Mirror Reflector turns, then he'd see Linda create four Dragons with her rings, smiling the whole time, "Where do you think your going? My friends want to play." One of the Dragons roars and comes after the rogue in an attempt to snatch him up and restrain him.

#131 Posted by Diego_Reyes (113 posts) - - Show Bio

It had been several days since Diego had met Valentina, and Diego had been thinking of her for a while now, the new hero's thoughts were plagued about her. He had been milling around in a daze doing his superheroic deeds and dancing, but his mind kept wandering to her. Her hair, her eyes, and suddenly Diego felt weird, like when the sun rises casting the trees in their virescent hues and bringing the warm brown tones back to the earth, Diego feelt something new. It's as if invisible holes were poked in his skin during the night and all his tension leeched out. His steps feel lighter as he bounces into the sunlight from a finished dance session and he tilts his face toward the brilliant shafts breaking through the canopy of trees above. "Perhaps," he wonders, "Maybe it's time I give her a call..."

His Scarab would click in his mind then let out a laugh in the voice of his brother

{About funking time..}

No Caption Provided

So the Beetle would reach into his pocket and dial Valentina's number and if she picked up he would say curiously "Hey, it's Diego, you free to hang out?" And if she said yes the hero would grin and say back into the phone "Alright cool, just tell me when and where."

#132 Posted by Samara_Moreau (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@diego_reyes: She rummaged through her purse looking for her phone. He had called her in the afternoon, but she still had barely slept. She answered drowsily. “Sure, sure. I’m free.” She moved the phone away as she yawned so he wouldn’t hear. “How does the Old Market sound?”

#133 Posted by Samara_Moreau (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@diego_reyes: (sent you a message from the wrong account lol)

#134 Posted by LamarTheSlayer (5315 posts) - - Show Bio
#135 Posted by FlashLightning (65 posts) - - Show Bio

@lamartheslayer: You change your avatar more often then I change my socks, son.

#136 Posted by LamarTheSlayer (5315 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashlightning:

Lmaoo, I'm tryin to find one that looks good XD. Not a ton of stuff for Rebirth Wally, that's why I use New 52 sometimes. So, what's dad up too? I might have to do something with him.

#137 Posted by KonTheSuperDog (52 posts) - - Show Bio

*Sleeps in Alex's house, eats all his food*

Kidding. Hehe

#138 Posted by Diego_Reyes (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@valentina_abreu:

Diego's mouth would raise slightly when she picked up the phone and his heart would beat faster when she agreed to meet. "The Old Market sounds great. Meet me at the bakery." He'd hang up the phone and begin his trek to the Old Market, even Silver Cities like Key had old roots, and the Old Market was the heart of such city. Diego trudged along the pavement at a sedate pace, his mind focused on the gentle footsteps that seemed to echo throughout the street as he talked to his Scarab.

{You think she'll be mad at you for not contacting her after several days?}

{I certainly hope not. That would suck, I think she's pretty cool.}

No Caption Provided

Diego glided down the sidewalk like a slinking panther, his every move performed with the balance and grace of a dancer. He continued this walk all the way to the Bakery where he would glance around looking to find Valentina. If she showed Diego would turn to her and smile "So, I haven't seen you in a whole three days. And y'know, I still don't know you're name. I had to put in my phone as Library Girl.That's just a crime ma'am."