FlashLightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@lamartheslayer:

No Caption Provided

Wally hears a voice, which makes him look over from working on a car engine. At first, it's not a big deal, he's met super-heroes before even in his civilian identity. But it's the way this man looks at Wally that is so attention grabbing. The smile, he'd know it anywhere. Then the statement about being the fastest man alive followed by a wink. He knows...

Wally suspects on who this man might be, but half his face is covered in a mask. "Excuse me guys, I have...a phone call. Be back in a jiff." He jogs, at regular speed, into the bathroom. Faster than the human eye can see, he speeds out as Flash Lightning.

There he is, up ahead. Flash Lightning thinks to himself, running after him. He easily speeds up to try and pass Velocity before trying to block his path by stopping directly in front of him, putting on the brakes by bending his knees and digging into the concrete.

Should Velocity slow down and stop, Flash Lightning stands to his full height of 6'0" tall. "Nice outfit." Wally says, glancing him over once, then looks at the man's face, "How do you know me?"

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By LamarTheSlayer
No Caption Provided

@flashlightning: Alex would grin as the man skid to a stop in front of him. In a instant Alex's boots would slide into the gravel and Alex would spin in a circle around Wally. "I doubt you'd believe me if I told you."Pulling down his cowl he'd look at his father "My names Alex West...but before that I was called Alex Walker..." He'd look at his father and give him another signature grin then he'd point to the emblem on his chest. "This has been in our family for a little while." His father was tall, standing above him by a few inches. 6'0 to Alex's 5'7. But Alex would look at him with a confidence that would make up for his lack of height. "So Wally...talk to any cute girls lately?" He'd give his father another smirk and he'd lean on a wall next to them.

FlashLightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamartheslayer: (OOC: Updated my bio, btw, to include Alex)

No Caption Provided

Flash Lighting's eyes look at Velocity as the other speedster runs a circle around him. He's right, I wouldn't believe him. But then Velocity takes his mask off and Wally's eyes go wide. That face is unmistakable. It's so much like his own, but there are several differences so it's not exact. By showing rather than telling, Flash Lightning is convinced this is his son.

Good to know this symbol remains in the family for a while. Wally thinks to himself, but not wishing to know anything else about the future. He smirks, crossing his arms, "Not since I broke up with, Cindy." He says, mentioning his most recent former girlfriend. A name Alex may or may not recognize. So, it seems Alex has traveled back to the point before Wally has even met his mother.

Flash Lightning turns around, shifting his hands to his hips, "I'd ask why your here in the past instead of there in the future, but the less I know the better." The statement has another implication and that's the fact that Wally doesn't want to know anything about the future, especially his future wife. He wishes to find out the hard way in order to preserve the time line.

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Look at that, this place holds more than a few dozen bio weapons, let alone the genetically modified meta's they're whipping up in here."

this place holds more than a few dozen bio weapons

a few dozen bio weapons

No Caption Provided

Micro-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Micro-Man

@juno_fei: (OOC: I should never have started that bio weapon fetish >_> )

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micro-man: (OOC: Yes, it's all Reed's fault. Totally wasn't a thing before that <_< LOL)

Micro-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Micro-Man
LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashlightning: Alex looks at his father and thinks back "You know...you did talk about a girl named Cindy a few times. And yeah you're right. The less you know about my birth the better. But I've actually got a way with the timeline. He wave his hand as white lightning flickers off of it. They think the white represents a more PURE connection to the Speed Force. I don't really know what that means. But it makes my abilities a lot more fluid. Especally time travel." He'd cross his arms and look at his father in his old costume. "So you really just bounce from town to town...job to job...with no direction? It sounds so...chaotic. So...wanna have some father-son bonding time? I haven't seen you in a long time. And you're not as...um capable in my time." Alex would give him a thumbs up with a happy grin.

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micro-man: (I've written Juno as a Hoplophile (a person with a weapon fetish) from day one :P)

Micro-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@queenmaker: @red_jay: @lamartheslayer: (Red said I can hop in on this action, if you guys don't mind)

Being an infamous smuggler in the global criminal underworld certainly had it's perks. Where others had to deduce information, or beat it out of people, Juno had the luxury of trading information. This month's juicy gossip around the black market? The Black Void. Some sort of splinter science group that deals in mutations and bio weapons. That was all Juno Fei had to hear before heading to Key City with some valuable intel as to where one of their labs might be.

That very night...

No Caption Provided

The tunnels were dead silent, only the occasional drop of water echoing down the vast corridors. The silence was gradually broken by a drilling noise from up above, growing louder and louder. Eventually, a self-drilling device broke through the ceiling, sinking into the ground below. Not a second later, SEEKER drones zipped out of the opening, speeding down each direction of the tunnel to begin scanning.

Juno dropped down next, her rocket boots engaging at the last second to dampen her landing. She pulled up the hologram, watching what her little SEEKERS have scanned so far."Multiple life signs, an eff ton of power, circuitry...Heh." The smuggler closed her hologram, dollar signs practically gleaming in her eyes. "Looks like I found myself a good old fashioned weapons lab!" She shouted in a sinister hushed tone, starting to sprint down the tunnel to investigate further.

She had no clue that two of her school mates were on the opposite end of the complex.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ce81e6bb1d44
deactivated-5ce81e6bb1d44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@juno_fei: Gokan was boooooored. There had been no one to fight...no monsters to best. Nothing to do...So he sat in his ship going over several layers of data trying to find something...ANYTHING that wouldn't bore him. That's when he felt it...a powerlevel that gave him a headache. With a large grin he'd focus on the energy signature and putting his two fingers on his head he'd be gone in an instant.

Where he ended up was interesting. A laboratory...awesome. Something definitely was off about this place. It didn't scare Gokan...just made him extremely interested. Planting his feet on the floor and brushing some of his spiky hair out of his face he lit up a ball of ki in his hand and began walking through the complex. He was right. There was definitely a few hidden secrets in this complex. The 16 year old had been walking for quite a while. When he heard hushed shouting in the tunnel ahead of him. Narrowing his eyes he walks further into the tunnel and soon he hears the slapping of footsteps; without a second thought the small ball of light in his hand becomes the size of basketball and he holds his hand out in front of him Iron Man style. His eyes widen when he sees that it's just a girl around his age. Still, not letting his guard down he keeps his hand raised and says to her calmly "Hi. My names Gokan. What exactly are you doing here...and Why shouldn't I shoot you?" He'd give her a smile and a wave with his other hand. He wasn't trying to be hostile, but he needed to know before he lowered his guard.

(Alex here)

Queenmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jocasta's wide smile revealed itself to the restaurant waitress. Hello. Im here to see Dr Elizabeth Conrad. I am Penelope Simmons.

The hostess returned the smile, asking Jocasta to follow. It was a short journey through a maze of tables and people leading to a big private room on the deck open to the outside air. The hostess stopped by a table with a lone blonde woman sitting by herself, one hand grasping a glass of wine, the other reading something .

At least you didn't keep me waiting, Dr Conrad said without even focusing her gaze on Jocasta. I have quite a busy schedule, but my peers find you to be a quality candidate. Please do not prove their assumptions wrong.

Im fairly sure I will not disappoint, Jocasta replied as she took a seat.

I sure hope not. The tone in her voice still carrying her annoyance. Now what theorems are you presenting today. I warn you though, I have a high expectation bar. I am rarely taken by the work of young minds.

No Caption Provided

Jocasta smiled, sliding over a tablet containing the chemical chain of the vial she was in possession of. Dr Conrad opened the tablet, only to close it just as fast. Jocasta had her attention now as she finally fixed eyes on the professor.

From the look on your face it seems you know what it is? Jocasta asked bluntly.

I surely do, Dr Conrad replied as she took another sip of wine. It is the partial triple helix for a chemical compound I designed. It was my prize and joy. It was also stolen from Key City National.. I will be short, what do you want?

Jocasta chuckled lightly, Im here to tell you Im on to you. Im on to who you work for. Im here to tell you your little geek squad is going to come crashing down.

Dr Conrad could do nothing more than giggle in amusement. It was an aspect of the woman Jocasta did not care much for. I highly doubt that, my dear. A series of events was set into motion way before your little bank stunt. The compound has already been synthesized. Contingencies already activated. As we speak, your friends will pay dearly for their intrusion into the Void. She smiled, trying to reclaim her grasp of superiority. The tone in which she spoke was almost as damning of her mentioning herself allied with 'friends.' Her eyes shifted to a group of people entering the room, her face shifting from cold hearted to warm and welcoming. Penelope, may I introduce you to Congressman Elliott Waters. He is on the Foreign Affairs Committee. This is also General Wilson Craig. They are here to talk over lunch.

Jocasta graciously smiled at the newcomers, as she played along with the Professor's ploy since she did not know how deep the Void's influence extended, Im so happy we had this talk today, Dr Conrad. Im sure we can organize something on another day.

I surely hope so. Science can be so complicated sometimes.

Jocasta was free to walk out of the restaurant. A gracious sentiment due to the events that had transpired earlier. She walked out, getting into her car that was pulled up at the valet gate. Muse...

Im already on it, the interface answered.

Obviously there is more to Key City than meets the eye. I want to know where these friends of mine are currently.

You think it is the speedster? Muse inquired.

She said friends. Pleural. I don't think the Black Void is playing around. Find these friends of mine and we can ask questions later.

@red_jay@lamartheslayer@juno_fei

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By LamarTheSlayer

@juno_fei: @queenmaker:@red_jay

No Caption Provided

As Alex had the scientist pinned against the wall by his neck he heard the his of a tube being opened. Letting go of the scientist he would slowly turn around and his face would fall as he saw several Genomorphs exit their pods and stalk towards Alex and Will. Glaring at the scientists he would growl "Just know...this isn't over." He'd turn his back to them and face his new enemies. Gesturing to Will to circle round he would watch as two of the science experiments walked towards him ready to attack, he noticed the cameras and gave a wave to whoever happened to be watching. Getting ready he would weave through the clawed strike of one Genomorph then he'd jump off the wall launching a two handed punch barreling through them both. Then as fluid as water he'd go into a short handspring flipping onto the wall, then he's flip on the wall again using that flip to power a kick that he'd then use to take down another Genomorph. Alex had to make sure he dumbed his skills down a little bit and he was never one for self-praise but even HE thought that was cool, as he cleared out his enemies and waited for Will.

FlashLightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By FlashLightning

@lamartheslayer:

Flash Lightning looks at the blue/white lightning flowing off of Alex. Seems the two of them have a somewhat different connection to the Speed Force. His own lightning is orange/yellow. He briefly wonders how much of the Speed Force his son understands. As for the chaotic nature of his many odd jobs, it's because Wally is really good at only one thing. Doing CSI work with being a Super-Hero not counting. He finds no fulfillment in doing anything other than being a CSI or a hero. If Wally really applied himself, he'd probably succeed in most things but he's just not that interested. Unfortunately, the name of Wallace Walker has been blacklisted all over the United States so that means he can never work as a CSI again. Not unless something changes for the better, but Wally won't hold his breath.

At the mention of a father and son bonding time, he nods with his own smile, "Sounds good to me, Alex. And what better way to bond than to run?" Flash Lightning takes off, choosing his normal cruising speed because he's never been in Key City before and he'd like a tour. Assuming Alex runs beside him, he smiles, "So...how about a tour of this fine city?"

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@flashlightning: Alex would give a grin and take off next to his father, as their lightning flowed next to each other Alex gave a genuine smile. He hadn't really connected with his father since he was 7. As they raced across the city Alex pointed out all the sights of the city, and all his personal favorites, then finally Alex would make a U-Turn and lead his father out of the city limits to a large Farmhouse just outside of Key City. Slowing down he'd stop just as he reached the doorstep he'd sit on the steps and look at his dad. "This is my home.I uh, I built it myself. I know you don't have a permanent home, and well I don't live here anymore since I'm attending the Academy...so you know, if you WANTED...you could stay here..." Alex didn'y mention that this was the exact same house he grew up in as a child.

Then with a grin Alex would stand up and dash inside, moments later Alex would come back out holding a picture of Wally craddling a baby Alex. "This is me and you. I brought a few pictures back with me, They don't have Mom in them, you know to prevent a paradox."

FlashLightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamartheslayer:

Flash Lightning follows Alex around the city to get a tour of the place. But when it's time, he follows him to a nice house on a farm. Wally looks at the house, thinking that it looks nice. It's a nice home for 2019, decades before Alex would be born. But as Wally hesitates about staying here, he sees his future son bring out a picture of himself as an older man holding a baby Alex. He grins at the mention of his 'Mom', grateful that Alex is taking special care not to disrupt the time line.

Wally touches the picture then looks at Alex, "Good to know I don't miss your first steps. This is a nice house. I'd hate for it to go unused. I'll move in if your absolutely sure it's okay?"

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashlightning: He'd look at his dad and give him an enormous grin "I'm positive. You know...this is where I grew up. I guess it was a small paradox that was meant to happen. You taught me how to run in that field over there. You taught me a lot. But things happened and I didn't see you for a long time. I didn't have a dad for a long while, so I'm really glad you're here."

He'd slug his dad in the shoulder and say with a smirk "Plus, you're younger...I don't have to worry about breaking your hips if we ever race."

FlashLightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By FlashLightning

@lamartheslayer:

Flash Lightning let's that one pass, the part where it's revealed this is where Alex grew up and how Wally taught him to run fast. It seems to him that Alex is looking for a father and going into the past is a way to connect with Wally in his younger days, perhaps to make up for something he didn't get in his time.

But it's the last comment that causes Wally to smile, "True. How old are you? Late teens? I'm not much older than you right now, we could almost pass as brothers." Wally takes off his mask, letting his son see his face as a younger man. "I suppose we might have to make that excuse at times since not many will believe I'm your father." He smiles at that thought. They might even have a little fun with this, playing with people's minds like that.

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By LamarTheSlayer

@flashlightning: Alex looks at Wally and grins "I just turned 17 a month ago." Looking at his father he nods his head seriously "Yeah...we definitely could...it's like looking in a mirror. Green eyes and all..." He'd laugh loudly as he thought of something funny "We could cover for each other in times of crisis." He'd shift the vibrations in his vocal chords to match his fathers change his hair a little to match his and he'd say in Wally's voice "Uh yes I'm Wally Walker. Deeeeefinitey not Flash Lightning." He'd put his voice back to normal and say "You know, I was really the only one of the siblings who looked like you, the other two took after mom." He'd give his father an eyebrow raise with a slight smile as he mentioned his siblings. Thinking about it made him sad but also a little happy. They would love to be here right now. "So dad..I bet you've never ran with a speedster who could keep up...It'd be awesome to have a friendly speedster sparring match. I bet you've been wondering how much I know about my abilities...There's a big wide open field over there if you wanna find out..." He'd say this with a hint of mischief and a smirk openly challenging his dad.

FlashLightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By FlashLightning

@lamartheslayer: (OOC: Sorry for the late reply. >.<)

No Caption Provided

Wally thinks it's cool Alex can change his voice like that. He can as well, but not to that extent since he does it in order to disguise his voice so no one can recognize it. At the mention of two more siblings, that's another bit of information that Wally didn't want to know. Covering for his son for classes isn't going to happen, however.

Wally smirks, "You'd lose that bet. My sister Lucy could always keep up with me." At the mention of Alex's aunt, Wally's features take on a saddened look since Lucy has gone to speedster heaven inside the Speed Force and refuses to come out. But at the challenge, Wally nods, putting his mask on again, "Let's see what you've got, son."

In less than an eye blink, Wally is there in the middle of the open field, gesturing his son to come at him, "Come on, let's see what you know."

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By LamarTheSlayer

@flashlightning:

Alex would look at his father and give him a smirk as he raced away to the field

No Caption Provided

"Awesome..." He'd dart over to the field as well and look at his father. Alright...let's show him I'm good. Alex would shoot towards his father cutting through the grass like it was paper. Running was like muscle memory. His legs were working on their own as he formulated a plan. As he reached his father he would aim a jab at his face making sure he wasn't hitting too hard. If the jab connected he would then try and sweep his fathers legs out from under him. Alex knew enough about the Speed Force to know that him and his Father were the fastest beings to ever exist...and among that meant that some of their powers wouldn't work on each other. Alex had to play it smart. Use his own advantages to get the upper hand. Being trained as an Assassin mean Alex was a master combatant and master of distraction...So strobing his body in and out of focus and speeding around the area Alex would create Speed Mirages and within each mirage he would add one of his own Speed Scouts. Cloaking himself among them he would then run around and try and place punches on his father again making sure that if the blows landed they weren't that hard.

FlashLightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By FlashLightning

@lamartheslayer:

No Caption Provided

Wally expects the punch, so he avoids it by leaning back. But he doesn't expect the leg sweep, which knocks him over. In less than a split second, he's already up. And now he obverses his son creating speed mirages, then speed scouts. Most punches miss since Wally zig zags between each scout that has been created, but some of the punches connect.

Wally tilts his head, sensing the Speed Force within each one. He can easily deal with it, but he decides to try another way. He's suddenly...gone. Vanished. Disappeared. All of a sudden, Wally reappears a mile away, running back into the fray as he uses his own personal lightning to achieve an effect that may, or may not, surprise Alex as Flash Lightning tries to use his own speed lightning to send it to each speed scout in the form of chain lightning. Wally is trying to overload each scout in turn in order to destroy them and find the real Alex. If this works, Wally smiles, trying to land a few soft punches on his son.

superion_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamartheslayer:

Connor strokes his chin, thinking that perhaps Alex is right. Death Flash, or Speed Reaper, could have supernatural senses the Boy of Steel has failed to considered. Then Kid Superion shrugs, "Don't know, I never really tested myself. I know I'm Hypersonic, but that's all I know." Taking Alex's advice, Connor takes off his jacket and sunglasses, doing a few warm up stretches at super-speed before smiling at Alex, "Ready?"

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By LamarTheSlayer

@superion_prime:

Alex would look at him and nod, "We need to take off, If you can't keep up or you see something following you, yell and I'll try and slow down. But I need to be at a speed that's fast enough to get there quick, but slow enough so that my Speed Force Aura isn't as detectable." Alex wouldn't even bother warming up; his body was a well oiled machine always ready to move. His blood raced in his veins and he would look up and summon his Velocity uniform. He had placed the technology from his Godspeed suit into his regular costume so he didn't have to change as often.

Alex would hold his hand up and get into running postion. Feeling a sudden heat in his body He could feel the Speed Force energy pool into every pore-Every cell in his body.

"Set. . ."

Alex's own voice began echoing away distantly and next to the heat that was continuously pouring into his body he felt something else-A cooling sensation but electric, It felt like lightning was shooting throughout his nerves and building in his body. He was getting anxious now, The Speed Reaper could be coming at that moment.

"G-"

Alex was gone before the end of the word left his mouth, Intense heat was the first feeling he felt, like a forest fire had just erupted from his being. Alex felt the sonic boom before he heard it, but he could definitely hear that ear-shattering crack that erupted from behind him. The wind ripped through his hair and bright white energy poured off his body but mixed in with the white were flecks of golden electricity that mixed in with the White and cold lightning adding a bolder tinge. He stopped focusing on that too and just ran. Adjusting his form and straightening his body Alex felt less resistance and he started to glide forward with nothing holding him back leaving Connor in the dust.

As he sprinted towards Nebraska he would look behind him and yell to Connor if he was behind him "Alright we should be there soon. I'm gonna sprint the first half and jog the rest so meet me somewhere in Ohio in like a minute ok?" With no more words he would effortlessly increase his speed soaring away. He mentally commanded himself to slow down when he reached Ohio and he went to a jog at about Mach 2. If Connor caught up he would look at him with a grin "Flying CAN'T beat this man. There's nothing like this feeling...the rush, it just holds you." As they reached Key City Alex would nudge Connor and they would run to Alex's Farm.

No Caption Provided

Busting through the door like he owned the place...Cause well...he did. He would shout "DAD? DAD?! IT'S ALEX AND WE HAVE A REEEEEEAAAALLY BIG PROBLEM!"

superion_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamartheslayer:

Connor nods, then gets ready and bam! Alex is off like a shot of lightning, leaving Kid Superion in the dust. The Boy of Steel catches up, taking advantage of Alex's own speed wake. When Alex says to meet him in Ohio, he gives a thumbs up. If Alex speeds up beyond Mach 50, then he leaves Kid Superion behind. If not, then Connor easily keeps as the speedster increases his speed. Once he slows down and states his thoughts about speed, Connor smiles knowingly, "Says you, I love flying. But speed does have it's perks."

Connor slides with his feet to a stop inside a house that looks like a tornado went through it. Flash Lightning himself is sitting on a chair with his face in his hands, looking as if he's crying. But as soon as they enter the room, Wally composes himself, getting up, "Alex, what brings you here?" Wally looks like he's just seen a ghost. Seems the Speed Reaper has been here, but has left. But why leave?

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superion_prime:

"I can fly too, It just doesn't have the same rush as a good jog."

Alex would look at his house in horror and he'd look at his father with a mix of anger and extreme concern "...What...exactly happened to my house?..." Then his eyes widen as he sees the look in his dad's eyes when he spoke to him, he father may be fast. But Alex has mastered body language, and his father was haunted...just like Alex had been. It took him no time to figure it out... "It was here wasn't it...?"

superion_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By superion_prime

@lamartheslayer:

Kid Superion watches from the side as Flash Lightning looks at his son, "Yes, it was here. I thought I killed it." He nearly punches a wall, but remembers whose house this is, so doesn't.

"How did you win last time?" Connor asks.

"A year ago, it came after me." Wally bows his head, back turned to them. "At first it came to me in dreams, then in broad daylight before it finally started chasing me. I knew I couldn't fight this thing using conventional methods since it had killed three of my friends, all speedsters. So I did the only thing I'm good at, I ran. I do my best thinking when I run."

Wally turns and looks at them, "I thought of a plan. I ran into a dimension where time is ending, being eaten by entropy. I thought that with nothing to kill, death couldn't exist. I barely managed to escape as I watched entropy tear Death Flash apart. I thought I'd won, but then it shows up again. But not to kill me, only to taunt me."

Connor frowns, "Taunt you about what?"

Wally looks right into Alex's eyes, "It was taunting me about you. It wants me to give you a message." Wally turns away again, obviously troubled, "But I'm not going to give it because we're going to find a way..." Then Wally's eyes spark with the Speed Force as he looks at his son with heroic determination, "...to beat this thing again. I beat it once, I can do it again."

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superion_prime:

Alex's face would slightly curl in anger and he'd walk up to his father and stare him dead in the eyes not caring that his father was several inches taller then him "You beat it...but it's marked ME for DEATH! You let it barge in my house and now you're witholding information that I could use to save my life?" He'd thow his hands in the air and pace back and forth with a loud huff "That thing started showing me visions of my Dead mom brother and sister." Alex wouldn't even care that he had just blurted that out. He would be storming around the room in anger and the house would begin shaking.

No Caption Provided

"I didn't even know it could talk! It just laughed at me! You can't just kill Death. Racing it to a place where theres no life for it to kill isn't going to work when it's a speedster AND Primordial Death. You have to erase it from everywhere or kill it straight from the source and that's virtually impossible..." He'd speak with knowledge even though he had just been thrust into this, but it should be common sense, then looking at his father as yellow lightning sparked from his eyes; Alex's eyes would blaze with the electric Speed Force energy and he'd look at his friend then at his father with a stern gaze.

"I'm not a child...You need to tell me what Speed Reaper said...and you need to start talking now dad...because we might not have much time."

superion_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamartheslayer:

No Caption Provided

Wally watches his son's angry outburst, knowing it's coming from a place of fear and he's simply lashing out. Or Flash Lightning could be totally wrong about that. Either way, Wally is not very good at this father thing since he's not even married yet. Unintentionally, he's already some goofs.

Wally wisely says nothing while Alex goes on his anger spree. But when he does speak, he speaks calmly, "Houses can be fixed, Alex." He says, pointing out that Alex is mad over a house when their are more important things to focus on. But with this statement also comes with the implication that Wally will fix it.

"But your right, your not a child. Your a practically a man now. I'm sorry." Wally said, feeling a sense of loss that he didn't get to experience many of Alex's firsts. Such a Alex's first step, his first jog, the first time he used his powers and much more. "The message is short and simple. It said you have seven days and then it's coming after you. That's all."

But Wally holds up a finger for silence in case Alex wants to speak, "That's the message, but now I'm going to tell you what my experience was like in the hopes it can help you. When it came after me, I got the same message. I got seven days too. The first three days your going to start having horrible nightmares about this thing and nothing else. For the next three days, you'll start seeing it in broad daylight, which seems to have started already. On the seventh day, that's when it's going to start coming after you. This Speed Reaper likes to play so he won't kill you outright immediately, it's going to take it's time. That is where you will have the advantage."

Kid Superion chimes about now, "You said we can't fight it using conventional methods, what did you mean by that?"

Flash Lightning looks at him, "It feels no pain and anything you do to it, it can heal almost immediately from it. But everything has a weakness, including this Speed Reaper as you called it."

Connor asks Alex, "Since your seeing it now, how many days do you have left?" Connor asks because those are days they can dedicate to planning on a way to get this thing beaten so Alex can live.

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superion_prime:

Alex's face would grow grim "I built this house for my mom...It's not just a house for me dad. It's much more important to me...but you're right, we have more pressing matters."

Alex's face goes completly pale "I-I didn't think the nightmares were anything...I have them all the time. But that means I have around 4 days left, 3 days of the nightmares and I just started my first day seeing it out in broad daylight. We have 4 days to figure out a way to kill this thing..." Alex would rub his face tired "We have 4 days to figure out how to kill Death..."

Alex would look at Connor and shake his head "Dad, this is my best friend Connor. I probably wouldn't be alive if it weren't for him." Looking at him he would lean against the wall and bang his head gently "What are we gonna do Dad? I'm not scared of dying...I'm not. But there are so many things I want to do before I die...and I haven't done any of them...I'm not ready to die!" He'd lift his head off the wall and look at his father and friend.

"I'm good with my powers...But I'm not perfect. And I had to learn alot of it by myself. I'm a combatant...but that won't work. I'm gonna need to become a true speedster. Dad...will you help me?"

superion_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamartheslayer:

"I built this house for my mom...It's not just a house for me dad. It's much more important to me...but you're right, we have more pressing matters."

This only serves to make Wally feel even more guilty. He resolves to fix the house down to the very last detail once this whole thing is over. But he puts those feelings aside to shake hands with the son of Superion. Wally works with Connor's Dad in the Justice League Alliance so it's an honor to meet the Boy of Steel. The two exchange pleasantries before addressing the situation at hand.

Wally looks at his son pleading with him and places a hand on Alex's shoulder, looking him in the eye, "I'll do everything I can and more." He says, Even if that means sacrificing my life so you may live. He says, but keeps that thought private.

"I have a theory." Both Kid Superion and Wally say at the same time. After both say to go ahead first and a few awkward statements later, Wally presents his theory, which happens to be very similar to Connor's own as it turns out, "When I defeated the Speed Reaper, maybe I did defeat that version of it. But then it came back because it chose a new host. That would explain why it's back to begin with because the more I think about, the Speed Reaper did look a little different than it did when I encountered it. It's smaller than it was, not as muscular or as tall. It took a year before it came back, so if we force it to choose another host, we can save you Alex. If my theory is correct, it won't come after you again."

Connor nods, "Makes sense to me. I mean, if it's back then why didn't come after you right away? Unless something changed and your no longer marked for death." Kid Superion says towards Wally.

Wally looks at Alex then taps his son's lightning bolt symbol, "The best way to be a true speedster is to heal that heart of yours. That's very likely why the Speed Reaper is after you to begin with. My other theory is, if we manage to heal your heart, the Speed Reaper won't target you anymore. Yes, I know you likely have tried everything you can, but if your willing, let's try again."

Connor looks at Alex, "Three heads are better than one, so let's give it a try and heal that heart. What do you say, buddy?"

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superion_prime:

Alex would look down at his chest and give a large sigh, "So it thinks that because of my condition I'm supossed to die?...and it needs a host..." Alex would think about the reaper and his heart would bottom into his stomach...and then explode...everywhere...Tears would start streaming down his face an he'd walk outside and just scream. Because he knew who the reaper was...he had known all along. That's why he was so afraid, because his subconscious had known all along. It had picked up on the details and it had scared him so much that he pushed it out of his mind.

No Caption Provided

He would scream again and his face would scrunch in emotional pain. "Why is this happening to me...!?" Walking back inside from his short breakdown he would look at his father and best friend and nod his head wiping the tears from his eyes. "Yeah...y-yeah lets fix my heart...so I can save my little brother...The Reaper is your son Jairus...think about it. If Death is chosing a host to kill speedsters, the optimal choice wouls be to grab one of the children of the creator...and my siblings died around this time...a 4 days from now actually..." Alex's face would fall as all the pieces began coming together. "We need to save my brother dad..I don't care about anything else...I FAILED them the first time...we both did. I can't...not when we have a shot. So what do we do?"

superion_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamartheslayer:

Connor is tempted to go out after Alex and Wally lays a hand on the boy's shoulder to shake his head. "No, let him be." And soon both friend and hero hear him yelling. Both look out the window to see if he's okay and he is, just having an emotional moment.

Both are still here when Alex comes back inside and Connor offers his support. Wally gives his son a hug, but keeps it brief since it's in front of Connor, placing his hands both his son's shoulders. Wally asked the same question. Why is this happening to him? And honestly, Wally has no answer to give.

Wally wishes Alex would have kept the shocking news that the Speed Reaper is his other son to himself, as well as knowledge of them dying four days from now. It's yet more knowledge of the future he doesn't need to know. But now that he does, his motivation to help just skyrocketed. He won't lose a son when he hasn't even met him yet!

"Let's heal that heart of yours and brainstorms way to save your brother. I know the first person we can visit. Her name is Brenna Luthor, she used to be the Sorceress Supreme. Come on, Alex, Connor, let's get to Metro City." He runs off, Connor follows and hopes Alex follows too.

Avatar image for ozzy_manueldiaz
Ozzy_ManuelDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamartheslayer: @juno_fei:@red_jay are we going to continue our invasion into CADMUS?

You guys can continue without me on this one ^_^ It take place so far back in the timeline, I doesn't add up with what I've been doing with Juno recently.

Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zephyr186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamartheslayer:

No Caption Provided

Zephyr sees him, but before she can go over to his side, she feels a pain in her left hand. When she looks at it, it seems to fade in and out of existence with electricity sparking off of it before becoming solid again. Ooookay, what's happening to me?

Questions for later. Zephyr rushes to Alex's side, "Yeah, we made it out. Thanks, Alex. Your a true credit to our family. You alright?" She asks, touching him, then immediately bringing her hand back from the sparkle of electricity that zaps her hand.

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By LamarTheSlayer

@zephyr186:

Alex would still be on the ground breathing hard, in, out, in, out. Just breathe Alex. He forced the pain to the side as he stood up and looked at his Aunt with a weak grin. "Yeah I'm fine. It was just a little harder then I thought, didn't think I had anything to come back for...but I remembered my brother. And my family." He'd pull off his cowl and look at her with a truly estatic smile "I did it...Aunt Lucy you don't truly understand what this means. In my time you stayed in the Speed Force forever. You never come out, but now that you're back your life signature is now reintegrated into the Time stream...you can so whatever you want in the time stream because it's flowing around you now. You can help me save my family in the future without screwing up the timeline." He'd look and notice they were back in Key City and he'd sigh in relief "My house isn't to far from here. We need to go talk to my dad. Follow me."

No Caption Provided

If she followed him he'd turn to her as he ran and start talking, the way he ran was effortless, like he was just gliding againstt the ground. "I didn't have the sweetest life, but running always helped. Me and my dad are the same speed, I mainline the Speed Force like you guys. But me and dad kinda equal ourselves out in power. I fight better then him and He's uses the Speed Force better then I do...But I can do some pretty cool things with my powers. I can make constructs out of it, and I have almost perfect control ever electricity, I can also blow things up and turn into lightning and make Speed Force hard light versions of myself called Speed Scouts...but other then that I haven't really had time to learn anything else...The Speed Force doens't really come with an instuction manual...but after this I'd be really grateful if you'd teach me a few things. I wanna make you guys proud."

Zephyr186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamartheslayer:

If Zephyr understands him correctly, and she's a scientist so she does understand him, then he's saying she can pretty much do whatever she wants. And since I wasn't supposed to come out of Speed Force, then that means I have no fate. Time truly does flow around me. Zephyr thinks. With that startling realization, Lucy comes to the conclusion that gives her the power to alter other's destinies that would otherwise be 'fixed'.

Zephyr follows closely behind as Alex runs, finding it effortless to keep up. As she runs, she becomes transparent and ghost-like. Lucy doesn't notice this. Slowly, her body becomes solid again as she listens to Alex talk. "You already have made us proud, Alex. After this, I'll be glad to show you a few things."

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zephyr186:

Alex would keep going until he reached his house. He'd skid to a stop and open the front door where he hoped his dad and Connor still were, gesturing for Lucy to come inside he'd give her a smile "Welcome to my house, built by me....home to you. If you need a place to stay my house is always open for you. My dad's staying here to so you wouldn't be lonely...speaking of which.." Alex would cup his hands over his mouth and shout into the large house

"DAAAAD!? YOU HOME? I GOT A SURPRISE FOR YOU!"

Zephyr186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamartheslayer:

Lucy smiles warmly at Alex, "Thanks, but I already have a home of my own. Key City is nice, but I've claimed Glade City as my home." She doesn't mention it but she also chooses to protect that city. Then she comes inside with Alex.

While Alex was gone, Wally had taken the time to repair the house and replace anything that needed to be replaced. Everything is as it was before the Speed Reaper came through just as Wally promised it would be. Connor helps where directed.

By the time Alex and Zephyr arrive, Wally and and Connor are chilling and having a soda. When Wally sees his sister, he leaps off the couch and the two embrace each other in a loving hug, both with tears in their eyes. Both trying to speak while the other is and laughing at how awkward that is. Then Lucy tells him everything before her eyes finally go to Connor, "Whose this?"

"Oh, sorry." Wally says apologetically before introducing them, "Lucy, this is my friend Connor, also known as Kid Superion. Connor, this is my sister, Lucy."

Both smile in greeting, shaking each others hands and saying it's nice to meet you. While the two exchange pleasantries, Wally looks at Alex and places a hand on his son's shoulder, "Thank you, Alex. This means a lot to me."

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zephyr186:

Alex would hide a smile and wipe a bit of "sweat" from his eyes. This reunion made it all worth it. But things were only gonna get better from here. Alex had his whole mission planned and calculated to the smallest detail, getting his Aunt back had been the hardest part but it was done and over with now. The young speedster watched as Lucy was introduced to his best friend and a grin would break from his face, his father would come up to him and Alex would feel pressure on his shoulder

Thank you, Alex. This means a lot to me."

Alex would shake his head gently looking at his father with a hopeful gaze "This is only the beginning dad...Aunt Lucy is only the beginning...She's the key to fixing everything. We're going to save you all..." Looking over to Connor he'd give his only friend a fist bump and wrap him in a hug, he needed to say this now because if he didn't it would never get said. The others didn't know that if this mission was successful..then this Alex would cease to exist forever, Alex thought Aunt Lucy knew, and he hoped his dad was catching on and now it was time to give Kid Superion his hint "Connor, man I've only known you for a few weeks, but I can already tell you that you're the first friend I've ever had; you were the only one who didn't judge me on what the remnant did, and I'll be grateful for you for eternity. So I hope you'll join us in my final race. We started this together, I think it's only fitting we end to together too. I lost my brother when I was young, but you managed to give me a new one."

Alex would give his friend a pat on the back and then he'd whistle to get the others attention "Guys. It's time to end this..."

Avatar image for valentina_abreu
Valentina_Abreu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Valentina_Abreu

@diego_reyes

No Caption Provided

A young woman waltzed unperturbed through the empty corridors of the city's library. Looking around her inquisitively, the medium was surprised by how she could hardly find a soul within its walls. And, of course, such words are always meant literally when they concern Valentina's own... peculiar case.

She settled down to finish reading the last bits of her newspaper and while holding a cup of bitter-tasting instant coffee. She took a sip and threw it away angrily. Whatever it was, it wasn't java.

As she walked past a bookshelf, one of the heavier volumes was pulled from its place, landing with a thud on the floor. She glared at the spirit behind her. Nossa Senhora... you scared the hell out of me... The soul of Alfredo Silvestre laughed before fading into her gemstone. She was regretting having channeled him.

Valentina knelt down to pick up the weighty leatherbound. Reading the title, she chuckled in surprise. The Complete Fictions of H.P. Lovecraft. At least he's attentive. She had always intended to finish the few stories she hadn't already poured over. She lovingly tapped her necklace and gave it a kiss. I take it back, okay? You're great. Just be a little more careful next time and I won't have to pull you back inside, y'know.

The ghost girl walked over and - engrossed in her reading - unwittingly sat down next to a hazel-haired lad.

Diego_Reyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valentina_abreu:

Dance, that's what Diego lived for. It helped him with eveything and today was no different. After the move for El Paso, Texas to Key City, Diego had undergone a ton of stress. But after finding a local dance studio he quickly integrated himself into the classes; rising to the top of the ranks in just a few short weeks.

No Caption Provided

The studio bustled with excitement as Diego made his way to the front of the pack. With a nod of his head he would look in the mirror at everyone else "Let's go." Diego would begin to lead them through the complex range of motion, the song was bustling around them and his team was feeling it. The young man would grin as he watched them move in unison with him, their arms struck with fluid power, but extreme precision, then break away at their place. This studio had quickly risen to be one of his favorites. After their short practice Diego would grab a towel and wipe his face clear of sweat.

After a few more practice's Diego would grab his stuff and wave goodbye to the others "Adios Claire! See you on Monday!" He'd walk outside with a smile and plop down at a bench to catch his breath quickly. Raising his head a bit his eyes would focus on the library. Extreme pleasure soared through his heart, the young Costa Rican loved reading almost as much as cooking and dancing. With a gracefull hop, he would bounce out of his seat and head inside.

He would slide thorugh the rows of books with a content smile on his face, he would glance at book, after book, trying to find a perfect read. Then a green book piqued his interest. Looking at the cover his eyebrow would raise at the title "1984" Grabbing the book he would find a seat and place himself in it lightly, then moments later he felt a slight wind as another person sat next to him slightly brushing his elbow. Taking the time to lift his eyes at his new seat companion his breath would slightly catch in his throat...she was gorgeous, her hair was put up, highlighting her facial features in the dim light of the library. That's when Diego's Scarab decided to speak up, it's voice sounded like his mothers, and her sweet voice filled his mind.

{For a human she is quite beautiful. You should say something.}

{Yeah...I should shouldn't I? Hmm. Thanks Scarab.}

No Caption Provided

Turning to her he'd offer her a smile and nod to her book and say in a quiet voice due to them being in the library "H.P. Lovecraft...Good author. He your favorite?"

Valentina_Abreu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Valentina_Abreu

@diego_reyes:

No Caption Provided

Valentina turned to the side with a slight look of surprise, not having noticed the man next to her. She gathered her thoughts for a second before looking down once more at her book. She smiled sheepishly. "You guessed it..." Though she won't admit it, she turned away to hide her blushing cheeks, not having expected the flirt to be a good-looking boy around her age.

She looked back at him, having calmed down. "No one I've read can describe horror as well as he can. Maybe that's because he lived through so much of his life in fear, y'know?"

She leaned over as her eyes drifted down to his book of choice, reading the first few lines of the text. "George Orwell's 1984, huh?" She smiled and closed her eyes briefly. "Lemme see... 'Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.' Not my type of book but definitely quotable. And hey, that's what books are for." She let out a small chuckle. "You liking it?"

Diego_Reyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valentina_abreu:

Diego would gently look up at the girl, who was about his age, actually looked and entertained his question. Her face shined with intelligence and Diegos Scarab buzzed with excitement.

{Gorgeous Diego! Say something smart!}

He'd smile as he caught the small flush in her cheeks as she turned and looked at her book, the young man would, wait for her to speak again.

"No one I've read can described horror as well as he can. Maybe that's because he lived so much of his life in fear, y'know?"

Diego would nod in understanding, in recent times he had understood the meaning of fear quite well, what with the alien entity attaching itself into onto his back and shot him into intergalactic space battles. But he had learned to not let his fear control his drive for success. When he spoke outlod his voice was strong, but had kindness and childish excitement mixed between. "I think a healthy dose of fear is good, but living in your fear is never a good idea. You know the brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. And all that." He'd laugh a bit and blush as he got all smart, and philosophical.

His eyebrow would raise and he'd look upon her features as she began talking about his book

"George Orwell's 1984, huh?" "Lemme see... 'Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.' Not my type of book but definitely quotable. And hey, that's what books are for." "You liking it?"

No Caption Provided

His mind trembled and he'd let out a breath, Whoa, pretty...and smart. Oh Dios."Well I haven't read much, do to you interupting my reading time..." He'd laugh softly and give her a smile to show he was kidding "Though it was a welcome interuption. But I'm a big fan of George Orwell. I enjoyed the fact that in his life, he also had the paradoxical good fortune to live in evil times."

Diego would laugh "There could be no accommodation with fascism – it was either resistance or capitulation, and everything he wrote from the outbreak of the Spanish Civil War until his death was infused with the same urgent imperative to resist totalitarianism. He get's much respect from me."

Leaning back in his chair he would look at Valentina and raise his eyebrow, his mouth rising in a smile "You from around here? I just moved to Key a few weeks ago."

Valentina_Abreu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Valentina_Abreu

@diego_reyes:

No Caption Provided

"No, just staying here for a few months. I arrived earlier today as a matter of fact." The librarian gave her an ugly look, so she whispered. "You have to tell where to find coffee here, because the coffee I've found tastes like..." She smiled embarassedly, not finding a better way to put it. "Well, shit."

The employee spoke from across the hall. "Excuse me miss, you're bothering the other readers." Valentina looked around the empty space, finding no one else, and had to hold back from laughing. She stood up. "Oh, I'll go check out this book." Sorry for the bother She then turned to the boy. "Y'know, there's a park nearby. If you don't have anything else to do, you could come."